ProtoLyte® 100% Whey Isolate 25svg Reviews

By: VMI Sports®

ARTICLES

Protein > Whey Protein
ProtoLyte® 100% Whey Isolate 25svg is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by VMI Sports®. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

February 11, 2019

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Non GMO
  • Increased Hydration
  • TRAACS Electrolytes And Minerals
  • One Size Option

Hey guys, firstly a massive thankyou to Sr.com and their trooper program and of course to VMI for being apart of it. I love whey isolate and that's no joke, it's an integral part of my post workout ritual and VMI protolyte definitely looked all business so I decided to give this a go.

Servings per container 25.

Calories from Fat 9
Total Fat 1 g
Total Carbohydrate 4 g
Protein 21 g
Phosphorus 6% D
Other Ingredients: Non GMO Cold Pressed Whey Protein Isolate, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Xantham Gum, Sucralose, and Enzyme Blend (Protease 1, Protease 11, Amylase, Lipase & lactase)

A real quality whey isolate with added goodness in terms of a digestive aids and even electrolytes. The carb content is on the lower scale and the protein sits at a pretty 21g per serving. Overall there's not much to add here other than it looks the whey it should lol.

I was really pleasantly surprised at the taste of orange dreamsicle. I had a very awesome experience with syntha 6 and their orange flavor a few years back and I found this just as nice but not too sweet nor overwhelming. As an isolate you'd expect instant mixability and this does not disappoint, in a blended bottle this stuff mixes great with no residue nor clumps in sight. I utilized a scoop post workout with around 8oz of water.

Now like with any protein it's extremely hard to gauge effectiveness but protolyte was a tad different. I train later in the afternoons and this really complemented my results I feel. After every workout I would feel slightly more hydrated than I would without and this was very much apparent after training and even after Cardio.

I sweat buckets so the addition of the electrolytes are very smart and versatile, the addition of magnesium is very much welcome as it has awesome positive effects on your nervous system so naturally I'd feel alot more relaxed and more comfortable after every hard session.

All of this meant improved recovery and hydration which is a step ahead of most isolates on the market as its very rare to feel anything from a protein powder as such. This was definitely a win here.

Pricing ranges anywhere from $35 to $40 which makes it pretty much premium but to be honest for what your getting, the taste and variety of flavors I think it's still pretty much worthy as a scoop a day could last you quite a few workouts.

Side Effects

Conclusion

What a great product, I really thoroughly enjoyed it and wish more companies would try and be different and innovative with their whey isolates and VMI is definitely stepping in the right direction with this effective protein which is pretty much one of the better protein I have ever used. Again thank you for this opportunity Sr.com and VMI! This one is definitely recommended.
  • Orange Dreamsicle: 8/10

9.5
  January 18, 2019

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Lactose Free
  • Aspartame Free
  • Amino Profile Available On Label
  • 5 Digestive Enzymes
  • Increased Hydration
  • Only Available Online
  • One Size Option
  • Pricey

I'd like to thank VMI for sending me this protein as part of the troop program. The company also sent me a bunch of free samples which was really cool of them as well as some coupons for future purchases. Overall a great experience with this protein and company.

I'm 28 yo, 6'3.5", 194lbs, approx 14% bf. I workout 4-6 times a week and have been taking supplements for about 10 years. I normally try to stick to isolate proteins because my stomach can't handle high lactose proteins. I could tell Protolyte was high quality right off the bat. My stomach has never felt better after taking a whey based protein. All the added enzymes in the protein also contributed to this I think. I really liked the the added electrolytes in this protein because it really helped with hydration and the magnesium helped the muscle relax. The macros were slighlty different with this flavor, likely due to the peanut flour used in this flavor (peanut butter cookies and cream). I started taking this protein on a cut at 198# and ended my 6 week cut at 194# stacking with fat burner. I often switched between this protein and other proteins and I do have to say , that I felt more recovered, fuller, and stronger when taking this protein vs. the others.

net weight 1.64 lb

Calories from Fat 9
Total Fat 1 g
Total Carbohydrate 4 g
Protein 21 g
Phosphorus 6% DV
Other Ingredients: Non GMO Cold Pressed Whey Protein Isolate, Peanut Flour, cookie crumbs, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Xantham Gum, Sucralose, and Enzyme Blend (Protease 1, Protease 11, Amylase, Lipase & lactase)

Glutamine 4 g

L-Histidine 425 mg
L-Proline 1357 mg
L-Serine 1221 mg
L-Tyrosine 1653 mg

The added electrolytes are a nice touch to replace electrolytes after a workout. Chelate forms are very bio-available and are absorbed very well. The added magnesium can help with recovery and testosterane support. The amino acid profile is very nice and even better it is listed. The added enzymes are nice too to help with bloating and gas.

Taste: 8.5/10 peanut butter cookies and cream. It is kinda bland IMO and could be a tad sweeter, but if you don't dilute it too much it is quite tasty. Key is to only use like 8 oz of water or 10 oz if you add a little extra protein. Any more than that and this protein just doesn't have enough flavor to be enjoyable. If you are looking for a dessert protein, you are probably better off with a different flavor or product. This one is moderately sweet.

Mixability 10/10 no clumps even without a shaker ball. Mixes in like 2 shakes

Dosing 8/10 I would like to see the protein content a little higher, but you can just add a 1/4 -1/2 scoop extra to meet your requirements. The stellar amino profile does compensate for this, but only for recovery purposes and not for your macro requirements.

10/10 Absolutely nothing wrong with this protein. The first time I took it vs. my other protein I felt more recovered the next day vs. the other protein I was taking. I definitely attribute this to the protein being very high quality. It has helped me achieve my goals and reduced my recovery time.

7/10 If this protein was a little cheaper it would be my go to, but the price is 34.99-39.99 for a 25 serving tub making it a little pricey for me. For me it was only about 18 servings because I used a 1.5 servings to meet my macros. You do get what you pay for though, however I prefer to get similar sized protein for under 30 dollars. I can only find it for sale on a couple sites and cannot find it in stores. I also could only find 1 size tub.

Side Effects

None. the added enzymes and low lactose levels really made my stomach feel great. Absolutely no GI distress.

Conclusion

I definitely recommend this product to anyone who can afford it. It's probably the best quality protein I've had to date. The biggest downside being that I needed to take about a scoop and a half to meet my protein requirements so the tub didn't last as long as I would have liked. I enjoyed the TRAACS electrolytes more than I thought I would have. It really helped with post workout hydration. I actually hope more companies start to add these electrolytes to their protein. Thanks again VMI and hopefully we get this site fully functional again so I can try some other products.
  • Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream: 9/10

December 31, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Pricey

My first ever product to claim as a trooper which completely met expectations!

When I became Trooper nearly two months ago, I nearly finished my reserve of Whey, thus decided to request ProtoLyte because of it's interesting ingredients and positive feedback. I'm glad that it's still possible on SR to try some new and amazing products.

Calories from Fat 5
Total Fat <1 g
Total Carbohydrate 1 g
Protein 23 g
Phosphorus
Other Ingredients: Non GMO Cold Pressed Whey Protein Isolate, Cocoa Powder, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Xantham Gum, Sucralose, and Enzyme Blend.
Glutamine 4 g

L-Histidine 425 mg
L-Proline 1357 mg
L-Serine 1221 mg
L-Tyrosine 1653 mg

23-25 Grams of protein is standard for most powders, as well as these amounts of BCAA and Glutamine, but Protolyte has added extra Leucine for better synthesis of protein. Common electrolytes that are measured by doctors with blood testing include Calcium, Chloride, Magnesium, Phosphorous, Potassium , Sodium and as you can see above, Protolyte includes significant amount of them, making it for our body to stay hydrated, normalize function of our cells and our organs.
Amino Acids profile looks like so amazing! If everything listed completely meets it's description, then you don't need to pay extra cash for amino acids powders as well!
One thing for what I could't find any additional information is Enzymes Blend, what do they mean and what they really are seems very interesting.

I got Vanilla Cake Batter, which tastes like a vanilla ice cream (definitely not my favorite taste). Whenever I applied water for the first time it never mixed completely and also made much larger foam than any other powders, making it impossible to shake. But after taking it to gym and letting to rest for one hour, shake well once again and only then it mixed completely without foams.

I consumed ProtoLyte immediately after my late night workouts and as a first thing in the morning, exercised three or four times per week and before workouts consumed only 5 grams of BCAA, nothing else during the day. I felt very well recovered next morning and full of energy. I was still on cutting stage this month, thus checked my weight regularly, last three weeks I went down from 86 KG to 84 KG, but my muscles continued to grow and my arms muscles became much more defined. what's most important, I gave up weight lifting this month and started kickboxing classes and soccer only. Earlier, when I didn't consume protein alongside kickboxing, my muscles started to shrink and disappear after 2 months of training, but with whey powder they keep growing and fat continued to burn.

I'm happy to receive ProtoLyte for free, but it's very interesting to compare him with others: on Amazon.com it currently costs $37.99 ( $1.52 per serving), while their official website www.vmisports.com offers it with $49.99 ( nearly two dollars per serving!). Average price of WPI ranges from $0.5 to $1 per serving and only protein powders with additional nutrients cost so expensive, like RSP TrueFit for example $1.50 per scoop, but it doesn't cotnain any Electrolytes and amino acids.

Side Effects

Didn't experienced anything unusual, didn't drink additional digestive enzymes with this product (as I do with other Protein powders since I'm lactose sensitive) and everything was just fine.

Conclusion

Facts and numbers say everything, ProtoLyte has 42 reviews including mine and all of them are positive! So if you have some digestive issues and think of purchasing protein powder with additional enzymes, ProtoLyte is currently best option on market and if you don't mind to pay some extra dollars,then go ahead! One thing I'm dubious about this product is it's Amino Acids profile, if it's true, then it definitely totally fits it's value!
  • Vanilla Cake Batter: 8/10

November 19, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Better Recovery
  • Slightly Higher End Price Tag
  • Can Be Hard To Mix

Wanted to kick this off with a huge thank you to SR.com & VMI Sports for the Sports Protolyte Whey Isolate!

When I first began using protein supplements, I had zero idea of what I was doing. I'd choke them down as fast as I could with zero knowledge of when to use them effectively, and it was almost like I was just tossing my money down a drain after every purchase. At a point, protein supplements became useful, thanks to the internet and all the people on it posting their experiences, I began to understand the importance of protein and how to time it to make it most effective, and I'm happy to say my lifting career went from tiny hops to leaps as I soaked up all that knowledge. At this point though, protein has a dedicated time and place in my regimen and I usually drink it so fast it just comes and goes, and I'm continuing with my day. Throughout the years though, I've never once tried a Whey Protein Isolate. I tend to stick with blends until my stomach started acting a little funny towards it, and thanks to the Trooper program, VMI's Protolyte 100% Whey Protein Isolate sort of changed my life. For once, I have a protein that doesn't mess negatively with my stomach, and tastes friggin awesome.

There are thousands of companies out there though releasing protein everyday though. Does VMI stand out?

Our ingredient label goes like this:

Total Fat: <1g
Cholesterol: 1mg
Sodium: 40mg
Potassium: 136mg
Total Carbohydrates: 1g
Dietary Fiber: 0g
Sugars: 0g
Protein: 24g

As simple as protein can be, I love the zero sugar & single gram of carbs. There isn't a single thing I could ask for more of VMI Sports as far as macros go. Whether you're in a "bulking" phase or cutting down some extra weight, Protolyte works as something for everybody.

I don't tend to lean away from the standard Vanilla when it comes down to proteins, I've scared myself away from taking risks in the taste department for proteins. I wanted to stretch my wings a little though & requested the Vanilla Peanut Butter which is everything I could've ever hoped for. The taste is insanely smooth and the combination of vanilla and peanut butter together make for a shake better enjoyed than thrown down. It doesn't lean too far into one flavor like many combination flavor products do, but instead falls perfectly in the middle. Here comes an issue I did have though: mixability. Man, was this stuff a challenge to mix. When following the directions down to the letter, I still found myself giving a few extra seconds of shaking in between sips to make sure I wouldn't get a chunk to the face. It was a tad bit easier in water I must say, but my go to has always been milk and always will be, and this stuff always presented a little challenge when it came to mixing it up. Two scoops, don't even try it, it's like a second arm day trying to get it all mixed up in a traditional shaker bottle.

How do you judge the effectiveness of protein? During my run of Protolyte, the gym was just a cool off zone for me. In between programs, just lifting to keep my sanity, and Protolyte didn't hinder anything I was attempting to do. One thing I did notice though was for once, a protein that didn't kill my stomach to the point where it ruined my day. I'm not lactose intolerant, just some proteins are so heavy and sit in my stomach like a pile of bricks. For a few days, I'd down a scoop of Protolyte in the morning before I'd train and my stomach always felt perfectly content. I'd have a little bloat when I'd take a serving at night and than lay down immediately after, but I blame that more on the laying down than the protein itself. If you're like me & suffer with some stomach issues, or you're just looking for an extremely macro friendly protein supplement, Protolyte does the job well.

Now comes my biggest gripe with Protolyte, this is a protein isolate that directly from VMI, costs $49.99. I don't know about any of you, but I've never spent that much money on a tub of protein that weighs less than 5lbs, let alone 1.6. I understand the quality is there and it has a great taste, but the more reasonable route would be All Star Health, at a more friendly $34.99.

Side Effects

No Side Effects.

Conclusion

A protein supplement can only be so much, and brands who have tried to over-complicate their protein products with all kinds of extra jazz usually fail miserably. Keep it simple, stupid, is what my parents used to always say and VMI Sports has created a costly, but great quality protein. With improvements in the mixability department and maybe a little drop in the price, it wouldn't be hard to recommend Protolyte so quickly. There are so many other products on the market though that bring the quality & the taste, for much affordable prices. That doesn't mean don't give this a try though! If you can afford it, go for it, it's a quality product that I more than enjoyed.
  • Vanilla Peanut Butter: 9/10

November 14, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Tastes Great
  • Better Recovery
  • TRAACS Electrolytes And Minerals
  • Increased Hydration
  • Great Macros
  • Can Be Hard To Mix

If you are looking for a solid Why Isolate that tastes good and fits right into your macros, looks no further than Protolyte from VMI Sports. This whey iso sits well in the belly while keeping the calories and the carbs at a low.

I'm pretty much digging VMI Sports these days. The couple of products I have tried have not disappointed me one bit. I greatly appreciate their willingness to donate so many of their products for us to try and review. I usually use Whey Concentrate, mainly because it works for me and tends to be cheaper. But I do enjoy trying a nice Isolate every now and then. I saw this product available along with the fact that there was a peanut butter based flavor and knew I had to give it a shot.

I got the Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream flavor that has a slightly different profile than the others for calories and carbs. For some reason the facts for this flavor arent on the VMI website. But anyhow, this flavor has 109 calories per scoop with 4g carbs. Most the other sit around 105 calories and 1g carb. I'll talk more about a why that might be in the next section. With all that you get 24g of protein which I still think is pretty darn good. They also added 136mg of potassium along with the TRAACS ingredient you might be familiar with from other VMI products. This is basically a formula for added energy and hydration which I do believe works pretty well. As I said in my review for Aminogex, google TRAACS and you can go to the website and read all about it. You could probably spend a few hours reading through all that info if you really wanted to. Overall, I think this formula is very solid and I think the results speak to that.

I got the Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream flavor and loved it. I'm pretty picky with the peanut butter flavors because Reese's candies are about the only candies I'll ever eat and I really like peanut butter. My favorite flavored protein powder to this day is cookies and cream combat powder from musclepharm. When I saw VMI had a mixture of C&C and Peanut Butter there was no doubt in my mind that I had to try it. It didn't disappoint me. The flavor was spot on, and put some almond milk in there once in a while.... oh man it's tasty. Maybe those few extra carbs added to the awesomeness of this flavor or maybe it was the little specs of cookie you could see floating around. You do have to shake this stuff up pretty good and even then the mixability isn't great, jut good enough. I didn't experience quite as much foaming as some other people did, but it was there a little bit. I usually had this in the morning and postworkout.

Not too much to say in this section as it is a protein powder. The most important things to me were that even at 2 scoops, this stuff was very easy on the stomach. Didn't feel overly full or bloated and no GI issues at all. I do think the TRAAC stuff and the added potassium really separate this from your run of the mill protein product. Hydration and energy are always our friend.

Protolyte can get expensive, but right now All-Star has it for $34.99 which is a very fair price compared to the $49.99 at VMI's website. I think we all expect to pay a little more for an ISO, and given the fact that this is an above-average one, I think its fair.

Side Effects

No bloating, no out of the ordinary BMs, nothing.

Conclusion

If you are looking for a solid ISO to give a try, I'd suggest starting with Protolyte. Between the profile, flavor and lack of negative side-effects, this is definitely a winner. VMI Sports is definitely on the right track with their products and this one was no different. As always, thank you to them and SR for giving us the opportunity to try this stuff out!
  • Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream: 9/10

October 28, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Tastes Great
  • Better Recovery
  • Foamy

An overall great whey isolate product, but it's high price and mixability will likely prevent me from choosing this over cheaper alternatives.

In general, I have become a big fan of VMI's products, as all of the ones I've tried have been solid. This product met those expectations, as it had much better than average taste and the isolate/enzymes definitely helped with digestion. It was definitely a great experience trying out a 100% isolate product, as I was unwilling to spend the money for it before, so I think I will continue to keep saving my money and choose my typical concentrate products instead. The higher price per serving vs. the easier digestion is personally not worth it as someone who is broke, but I'd still recommend it to those who can afford it.

In one serving of Protolyte...
Macros:
Total Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrate: 1g
Protein: 24g (Non-GMO cold processed whey isolate)

Electrolytes:
Magnesium Biglycinate Chelate (TRAACS) 500mg
Calcium Bisglycinate Chelate (TRAACS) 300mg
Potassium Glycinate Complex (Albion) 183mg
Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate (TRAACS) 8mg

The addition of these electrolytes is intended to make the digestion process easier. I have never seen a whey product that incorporates electrolytes/enzymes into their blend, but you can notice a slight difference and improvement in terms of digestion.

The taste was good. I tried the chocolate fudge cookie flavor, and it tasted just as you'd expect from its name. I took a scoop a day after my training session, and sometimes in the morning.
In terms of fixability, this is probably my least favorite aspect of the product. I usually mixed it with milk, but even with water, I noticed that each time it would start foaming up on the surface and made a weird texture. It wasn't severe enough for me to not think that it was still a good product, but I think that it is still something that needs to be fixed.

It's hard to gauge the effectiveness because I usually take some form of whey protein post-workout throughout the entire year, but one thing that I noticed was that I did not feel as bloated. For many other products, I feel slightly bloated, but that did not happen as much with this product. I also did feel the normal effects of recovering better for the following day, as I usually do with whey products.
I tried this out during my bulk, so I was able to continue to put on a good amount of mass with the help of this.

The cheapest offer for the 25 serving bottle was on Allstarhealth.com. It offered a $35, 25 serving bottle, making it $1.40 per serving.

However, there is a 70 serving bottle directly from the VMI Sports site for $80, which comes down to $1.14. The price is justified through the fact that it is an isolate and has added enzymes/electrolytes. However, since I am someone who can't normally afford this, and the bloating with other products is mild at most, I will not likely continue to buy it.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I would recommend this to people who could afford to spend some more money on supplements or is dealing with digestive issues. It's definitely worth it for those cases, but especially for someone like me who often takes multiple servings per day, I cannot afford to do that with this product. With that being said, I did enjoy using this product, but I will probably not be spending my own money on it unless the price per serving dropped.
  • Chocolate Fudge Cookie: 8/10

October 7, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Mixes Perfectly
  • Better Recovery
  • Increased Hydration
  • Great Macros
  • Affordable
  • Foamy

A great tasting protein powder with some extra goodies.

Who could pass up whey protein isolate when it's offered here on SR? VMI has been very impressive to me. Not only due to their products, but also with their flavoring system. I read a lot of positive feedback on Protolyte, so I decided grab this when the opportunity arose... plus I needed a protein powder.

Let's get the most important part out of the way... the macros.

One scoop of Protolyte will get you:
0 fat
1 carbohydrate
25 protein

As for the electrolytes:

500mg Magnesium Bisglycinate
300mg of Calcium Bisglycinate Chelate
8mg of Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate

They also threw in digestive enzymes and glutamine to boot.

I love the idea of magnesium in a post-workout product. Magnesium has a lot of benefits, and while I won't list them all here, I can tell you that it may be good for muscle relaxation. Now, I could just take a magnesium supplement on the side, but it doesn't seem to up the price or ruin the taste of the product, so having it in there essentially just helps me not take a pill, I dig it.

I had to Orange Dreamsicle and it was awesome. I'm not a big fan of the actually ice cream, however, something about this just made me look forward to it. I was cutting while on Protolyte, so perhaps having something sweet after eating nothing but chicken and the like all day. I'd say it's as close to the ice cream as you can get.

It mixes very well, a bit foamy but not too bad.

Dosing will depend on how much protein you need. I only took one scoop post-workout for the most part, and I'll get into why in the side effects section of this review.

Well, to start, it's a protein, which we all know makes it pretty hard to gauge the effectiveness. I took this as a post-workout. I workout late at night, usually around 8pm-10pm.

The biggest benefit I got from this was the magnesium. Magnesium is in my opinion a very underrated supplement. It's great at helping your muscles relax, as well as aiding in sleep. Since I workout at night, the magnesium helped me get to sleep faster than usual. Even after 300mg of caffeine just 2-3 hours before, I'd have no trouble passing out when I turned out the lights.

Can't really comment on recovery and the like, as I feel so much more goes into that than a protein powder. Either way, it was an effective/convenient way to get extra protein in my diet. I get about 300p, mostly from chicken/ ground beef, so this as a fun way to get something sweet in.

I was able to find this for $35 on allstarhealth, which I personally find to be a very fair price. While whey concentrate will be cheaper, some may have issues digesting that, so if you need to use an isolate, this won't break the bank for you.

Side Effects

I mentioned in my dosing section that I only took one serving at a time. The reason for that was the magnesium content. I love magnesium, as noted above in the effectiveness section. However, there is a limit. Too much magnesium can have a laxative effect. At 2 scoops, this was the case for me. No issues with one serving.

Conclusion

Protolyte is a great protein and worth the price. While I usually stick to a whey concentrate or some sort of blend, I wouldn't mind dishing out the cash for this from time to time. If your stomach doesn't react well to whey concentrate, this may be a great option for you as well. The flavor is awesome, the added magnesium is a plus, and it won't break the bank.
  • Orange Dreamsicle: 9/10

September 24, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Mixes Perfectly
  • Tastes Great

Preface

I have been following VMI Sports for a few years now... Having a Pancakes and Syrup flavored whey isolate could do that to you. But with the TROOPs program, I'm more than happy to try this flavor.

Non-GMO Cold Processed Whey Protein Isolate 25g
Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate (TRAACS) 500mg
Calcium Bisglycinate Chelate (TRAACS) 300mg
Potassium Glycinate Complex (Albion) 113mg
Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate (TRAACS) 8mg

Taste/Mixability

The Vanilla Cake Batter is one of the best tasting vanilla flavors I've had. The vanilla half of the flavor has a solid flavor base. Adding the sweetness of the cake batter half is what makes this a really good flavor.

The biggest problem by far is the mixability. It mixes instantly like any isolate should. But the issue is in the fact that it seriously foams up. I would wait a little bit for the foam to settle. By that time you would have to give it a minor shake up to avoid the slight settling... And back to having foam again.

As a thinly mixed whey isolate it carries virtually no weight or bloat on the gut outside of the water. But the epic surprise is with the electrolytes.

A lot of hydration profiles don't have huge electrolyte doses, but certainly enough to actually hydrate and to label it for hydration. VMI didn't just put pixy dusted amounts into each serving, it's enough to consider as a standalone hydration profile. This is compounded by the fact that the electrolytes are TRAACS bonded, the good stuff.

I found myself sweating differently in the hours following my serving. I never felt stripped of water or that my water was passing through me.

The smaller 25svg container has a $35-$40 price range. The 5lb container runs $65-$75. Isn't that expensive even for a whey isolate? Absolutely. Why? The high quality electrolytes might have something to do with it. VMI doesn't appear to skimp on making this protein.

Side Effects

zero

Conclusion

Protolyte was definitely worth the few year wait to finally experience. Of course it helped meeting my protein goals for the day... but the hydration really flashed gloriously for me, as I work a physical job in the California heat. A lot of the time I could not get myself past being annoyed with the foam up. The foam got in the way of enjoying everything else, but I had to do my best with the nice vanilla cake batter flavor.

If I have some money to throw around on a worthwhile deal, I will definitely see about trying other flavors. It's just hard to make the call to spend the additional income on this as a semi-regular protein choice. However, what I feel about the price point is what it is... it certainly is not an indictment as the quality is towards the level of what you're paying for.

Thanks for taking the time,
As usual: Thoughts, comments, questions, critique are all welcome.
  • Vanilla Cake Batter: 9/10

September 20, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Mixes Perfectly
  • Tastes Great
  • Better Recovery
  • Affordable

Protolyte is an easy way to add high quality protein to anyones diet with the added benefit of having it taste fantastic with whatever you choose to mix it with.

Whats up SR, about time I finally get around to dropping this review. I train twice a day and follow a lower carb diet, meaning I need all of the help I can get when it comes to getting protein in my diet. Hence my jumping on the opportunity to review this product, thanks to VMI and the Trooper program for hooking me up as per usual.

Okay so for those of you who consider yourselves veterans of the protein powder game will know that in fact not all protein powders are created equal. VMI delivers on the high end here when it comes to quality in my opinion. First we have 105 calories per scoop (29g scoop), those 105 cals are made up of 24 grams of protein alongside >1g of fat, 1g of total Carb. Our protein source here is Whey Isolate which is put through a cold process. This quality of protein also makes Protolyte both lactose and gluten free.

Where Protolyte really helps separate itself from a crowded market is the inclusion of the TRAACS Electrolytes and Enzyme blend. This is a fantastic addition because any added enzymes is just going to help further improve the digestion process. Adding electrolytes to anything is going to get you positive marks in my books, most people really don't realize how bad their hydration is, so anytime you can improve that is going to help yield even better results.

The TRAACS Blend is made up of the following:
    Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate - 500mg
    Calcium Bisglycinate Chelate - 300mg
    Potassium Glycinate Complex - 183mg
    Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate - 8mg

Okay so I originally received the vanilla cake batter flavor, but I had ordered the Chocolate Peanut Butter. I was totally fine with this but VMI went way out of their way and sent me a tub of the Chocolate Peanut Butter as an apology. Massive customer service marks here. Along with those two flavors they also sent samples of all of the other flavors in their line. Let me start with the Vanilla Cake Batter and the Chocolate Peanut Butter, wow were these amazing, both were the perfect amount of sweet, mixed with either water or Almond Milk. Both of these being so good had me excited to try the other flavors, boy did VMI really nail it, every single one was good, and I don't mean good as in average I mean these flavors really are fantastic. Mixability was perfect with water and the consistency was thin and easy to drink, with almond milk it was thicker (obvs) but almost milkshake like texture. With the milk it did require more vigorous shaking, but it did mix up fine. Dosing for me was one to two scoops usually after my second workout of the day.

This is a high quality protein powder with added extras, with all protein powders it comes down to diet. I personally look at protein powder more as a food, I often times find it hard to hit some of my macro goals when it comes to protein based on my training regime. This did a fantastic job of helping me refuel after my workouts and also helping aid in my recovery via the added hydration benefits. In the role I needed this to play it was perfect, the flavoring also helped with my nasty sweet tooth as I was excited to drink this after my workouts. I had no stomach issues and found this super easy on my body overall, whenever I was using this more in a meal replacement role I would mix it with the almond milk and it would keep me full for a surprising amount of time. Overall this protein powder did everything I needed it to do: Help me hit macro goals, help boost my recovery after tough workouts and also allow me to have the option of a quick snack/ meal. I can't ask for much more then that.

This can be found for $36.99 on Allstarhealth.com for a 30 serving tub. While this may seem slightly high for a protein. One must consider the quality of the protein as well as those added extras, those alone help bring the value to a range that I am very comfortable paying.

Side Effects

None, zero stomach issues.

Conclusion

In conclusion VMI really nailed it here, they have managed to stick out in a super crowded market by using high quality ingredients, a super clean blend and adding extra's that other companies just don't give you. Factor in the awesome flavor and various options in regards to which one you treat yourself with, makes this a home run in my books.
    • Chocolate Fudge Cookie: 8/10
    • Vanilla Cake Batter: 9/10
    • Vanilla Peanut Butter: 9/10

August 12, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Quality Ingredients
    • Digestive Enzymes
    • Lot Of Flavors Available
    • Nice Name
    • May Be Pricey To Some

INTRODUCTION

Thanks to VMI SPORTS for constantly participating in the SR TROOP program and to SupplementReviews for making this connection possible. I lift 5 days per week, from Monday to Friday.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Protein: 24g

Type of Protein: Whey Protein Isolate
    Form of Processing: Cold Processed
    BCAA (coming from Protein): 5.3g
    Extras: Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Non GMO, Aspartame Free, Patented Electrolytes (500mg Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate, 300mg Calcium Bisglycinate Chelate, 183mg Potassium Glycinate Complex and 8mg Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate), Digestive Enzymes (Protease 1, Protease 11, Amylase, Lipase, Lactase).

Comments: Those are all great forms of electrolytes so well done VMI. The cholesterol is also very low which is good. Great profile.

VMI has a FAQ section of this protein here: https://www.vmisports.com/products/protolyte-whey-isolate if you need more information.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

*TASTE: I received Vanilla Peanut Butter. I don't like Vanilla flavored proteins (except Pro-Antium) but the inclusion of Peanut Butter is worth it to improve the taste. It's not very delicious but it's alright, I give it a 7/10. At the end it's a Whey Isolate protein, I don't expect it to taste better than a protein that has Whey Concentrate. With milk it's 8/10.

They sent me 1 sample of these flavors: Orange Dreamsicle (7.5/10), Chocolate Peanut Butter (8/10), Snickerdoodle (7/10), Strawberry (8/10). Surprisingly, Strawberry was the best along with Chocolate Peanut Butter. I thought Strawberry was going to be the worst lol. All were tried with Water.

MIXABILITY: No problems here.

DOSING: I took 1 scoop post-workout, sometimes inmediately post-workout and other times it was like 2 hours before bed.

EFFECTIVENESS

The first week of taking this I was very surprised because muscle soreness was zero, nothing! That's even more surprising because the week before, I was sick and wasn't able to lift so my soreness had to be higher but surprisingly it wasn't the case. I thought it was going to be an epic month with no pain! The following week, reality gave me a punch and woke me up from my 'painless dream' lol.

But Protolyte worked alright. Fast digestion (1-1.5hrs), no side effects, helped maintain muscle, helped to keep lifting daily, useful for adding protein to any meal with low protein amount.

VALUE

You can find the 1.6lbs size for $39.99 around the web (Suppz, Tigerfitness, Amazon, etc.), $34.99 (AllStarHealth) and +$45 (other websites). The most I would pay for a protein of this size is $35, not more than that. Using those patented electrolytes seems expensive though so you're probably getting what you pay for. The 4.6lbs size container is not so widely available and you can get it for $75-$80. That gives you 70 servings. The $75-80 for the bigger size is the "average" of this protein category (Whey Isolate only proteins).

So overall, it's not a bad price, you're paying what you get. I would suggest buying other things and finding coupons/promos/discounts to lower the overall price. I raised the Value a bit more (from 7 to 7.5) because I compared it with other competitors and their proteins only have Protein without anything extra. VMI's website sometimes also has a coupon discount (most brand websites do) so you could get the 4.6lbs for $64 if you get a 20% off coupon.

SIDE EFFECTS

CONCLUSION

Good taste. Great profile. If the extra ingredients are worth it depends on you but I can't deny their top quality so you're paying for what you get. I don't have complaints about this protein, I just think Isolate only proteins have their own target.
    • Vanilla Peanut Butter: 7/10