ProtoLyte® 100% Whey Isolate 25svg Reviews

By: VMI Sports

(Better than 97% in Protein > Whey Protein)

ProtoLyte® 100% Whey Isolate 25svg is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by VMI Sports. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.
ARTICLES

Protein > Whey Protein

November 14, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Better Recovery
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Increased Hydration
  • TRAACS Electrolytes And Minerals
  • Great Macros
  • Can Be Hard To Mix

If you are looking for a solid Why Isolate that tastes good and fits right into your macros, looks no further than Protolyte from VMI Sports. This whey iso sits well in the belly while keeping the calories and the carbs at a low.

I'm pretty much digging VMI Sports these days. The couple of products I have tried have not disappointed me one bit. I greatly appreciate their willingness to donate so many of their products for us to try and review. I usually use Whey Concentrate, mainly because it works for me and tends to be cheaper. But I do enjoy trying a nice Isolate every now and then. I saw this product available along with the fact that there was a peanut butter based flavor and knew I had to give it a shot.

I got the Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream flavor that has a slightly different profile than the others for calories and carbs. For some reason the facts for this flavor arent on the VMI website. But anyhow, this flavor has 109 calories per scoop with 4g carbs. Most the other sit around 105 calories and 1g carb. I'll talk more about a why that might be in the next section. With all that you get 24g of protein which I still think is pretty darn good. They also added 136mg of potassium along with the TRAACS ingredient you might be familiar with from other VMI products. This is basically a formula for added energy and hydration which I do believe works pretty well. As I said in my review for Aminogex, google TRAACS and you can go to the website and read all about it. You could probably spend a few hours reading through all that info if you really wanted to. Overall, I think this formula is very solid and I think the results speak to that.

I got the Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream flavor and loved it. I'm pretty picky with the peanut butter flavors because Reese's candies are about the only candies I'll ever eat and I really like peanut butter. My favorite flavored protein powder to this day is cookies and cream combat powder from musclepharm. When I saw VMI had a mixture of C&C and Peanut Butter there was no doubt in my mind that I had to try it. It didn't disappoint me. The flavor was spot on, and put some almond milk in there once in a while.... oh man it's tasty. Maybe those few extra carbs added to the awesomeness of this flavor or maybe it was the little specs of cookie you could see floating around. You do have to shake this stuff up pretty good and even then the mixability isn't great, jut good enough. I didn't experience quite as much foaming as some other people did, but it was there a little bit. I usually had this in the morning and postworkout.

Not too much to say in this section as it is a protein powder. The most important things to me were that even at 2 scoops, this stuff was very easy on the stomach. Didn't feel overly full or bloated and no GI issues at all. I do think the TRAAC stuff and the added potassium really separate this from your run of the mill protein product. Hydration and energy are always our friend.

Protolyte can get expensive, but right now All-Star has it for $34.99 which is a very fair price compared to the $49.99 at VMI's website. I think we all expect to pay a little more for an ISO, and given the fact that this is an above-average one, I think its fair.

Side Effects

No bloating, no out of the ordinary BMs, nothing.

Conclusion

If you are looking for a solid ISO to give a try, I'd suggest starting with Protolyte. Between the profile, flavor and lack of negative side-effects, this is definitely a winner. VMI Sports is definitely on the right track with their products and this one was no different. As always, thank you to them and SR for giving us the opportunity to try this stuff out!
  • Peanut Butter Cookies and Cream: 9/10

Other Prices:
VMI Sports   $49.99

October 28, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Tastes Great
  • Better Recovery
  • Foamy

An overall great whey isolate product, but it's high price and mixability will likely prevent me from choosing this over cheaper alternatives.

In general, I have become a big fan of VMI's products, as all of the ones I've tried have been solid. This product met those expectations, as it had much better than average taste and the isolate/enzymes definitely helped with digestion. It was definitely a great experience trying out a 100% isolate product, as I was unwilling to spend the money for it before, so I think I will continue to keep saving my money and choose my typical concentrate products instead. The higher price per serving vs. the easier digestion is personally not worth it as someone who is broke, but I'd still recommend it to those who can afford it.

In one serving of Protolyte...
Calories: 105
Macros:
Total Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrate: 1g
Protein: 24g (Non-GMO cold processed whey isolate)

Electrolytes:
Magnesium Biglycinate Chelate (TRAACS) 500mg
Calcium Bisglycinate Chelate (TRAACS) 300mg
Potassium Glycinate Complex (Albion) 183mg
Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate (TRAACS) 8mg

The addition of these electrolytes is intended to make the digestion process easier. I have never seen a whey product that incorporates electrolytes/enzymes into their blend, but you can notice a slight difference and improvement in terms of digestion.

The taste was good. I tried the chocolate fudge cookie flavor, and it tasted just as you'd expect from its name. I took a scoop a day after my training session, and sometimes in the morning.
In terms of fixability, this is probably my least favorite aspect of the product. I usually mixed it with milk, but even with water, I noticed that each time it would start foaming up on the surface and made a weird texture. It wasn't severe enough for me to not think that it was still a good product, but I think that it is still something that needs to be fixed.

It's hard to gauge the effectiveness because I usually take some form of whey protein post-workout throughout the entire year, but one thing that I noticed was that I did not feel as bloated. For many other products, I feel slightly bloated, but that did not happen as much with this product. I also did feel the normal effects of recovering better for the following day, as I usually do with whey products.
I tried this out during my bulk, so I was able to continue to put on a good amount of mass with the help of this.

The cheapest offer for the 25 serving bottle was on Allstarhealth.com. It offered a $35, 25 serving bottle, making it $1.40 per serving.

However, there is a 70 serving bottle directly from the VMI Sports site for $80, which comes down to $1.14. The price is justified through the fact that it is an isolate and has added enzymes/electrolytes. However, since I am someone who can't normally afford this, and the bloating with other products is mild at most, I will not likely continue to buy it.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I would recommend this to people who could afford to spend some more money on supplements or is dealing with digestive issues. It's definitely worth it for those cases, but especially for someone like me who often takes multiple servings per day, I cannot afford to do that with this product. With that being said, I did enjoy using this product, but I will probably not be spending my own money on it unless the price per serving dropped.
  • Chocolate Fudge Cookie: 8/10

Other Prices:
VMI Sports   $49.99

October 7, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Mixes Perfectly
  • Better Recovery
  • Increased Hydration
  • Great Macros
  • Affordable
  • Foamy

A great tasting protein powder with some extra goodies.

Who could pass up whey protein isolate when it's offered here on SR? VMI has been very impressive to me. Not only due to their products, but also with their flavoring system. I read a lot of positive feedback on Protolyte, so I decided grab this when the opportunity arose... plus I needed a protein powder.

Let's get the most important part out of the way... the macros.

One scoop of Protolyte will get you:
0 fat
1 carbohydrate
25 protein

As for the electrolytes:

500mg Magnesium Bisglycinate
300mg of Calcium Bisglycinate Chelate
8mg of Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate

They also threw in digestive enzymes and glutamine to boot.

I love the idea of magnesium in a post-workout product. Magnesium has a lot of benefits, and while I won't list them all here, I can tell you that it may be good for muscle relaxation. Now, I could just take a magnesium supplement on the side, but it doesn't seem to up the price or ruin the taste of the product, so having it in there essentially just helps me not take a pill, I dig it.

I had to Orange Dreamsicle and it was awesome. I'm not a big fan of the actually ice cream, however, something about this just made me look forward to it. I was cutting while on Protolyte, so perhaps having something sweet after eating nothing but chicken and the like all day. I'd say it's as close to the ice cream as you can get.

It mixes very well, a bit foamy but not too bad.

Dosing will depend on how much protein you need. I only took one scoop post-workout for the most part, and I'll get into why in the side effects section of this review.

Well, to start, it's a protein, which we all know makes it pretty hard to gauge the effectiveness. I took this as a post-workout. I workout late at night, usually around 8pm-10pm.

The biggest benefit I got from this was the magnesium. Magnesium is in my opinion a very underrated supplement. It's great at helping your muscles relax, as well as aiding in sleep. Since I workout at night, the magnesium helped me get to sleep faster than usual. Even after 300mg of caffeine just 2-3 hours before, I'd have no trouble passing out when I turned out the lights.

Can't really comment on recovery and the like, as I feel so much more goes into that than a protein powder. Either way, it was an effective/convenient way to get extra protein in my diet. I get about 300p, mostly from chicken/ ground beef, so this as a fun way to get something sweet in.

I was able to find this for $35 on allstarhealth, which I personally find to be a very fair price. While whey concentrate will be cheaper, some may have issues digesting that, so if you need to use an isolate, this won't break the bank for you.

Side Effects

I mentioned in my dosing section that I only took one serving at a time. The reason for that was the magnesium content. I love magnesium, as noted above in the effectiveness section. However, there is a limit. Too much magnesium can have a laxative effect. At 2 scoops, this was the case for me. No issues with one serving.

Conclusion

Protolyte is a great protein and worth the price. While I usually stick to a whey concentrate or some sort of blend, I wouldn't mind dishing out the cash for this from time to time. If your stomach doesn't react well to whey concentrate, this may be a great option for you as well. The flavor is awesome, the added magnesium is a plus, and it won't break the bank.
  • Orange Dreamsicle: 9/10

September 24, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Mixes Perfectly
  • Tastes Great

Preface

I have been following VMI Sports for a few years now... Having a Pancakes and Syrup flavored whey isolate could do that to you. But with the TROOPs program, I'm more than happy to try this flavor.

Non-GMO Cold Processed Whey Protein Isolate 25g
Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate (TRAACS) 500mg
Calcium Bisglycinate Chelate (TRAACS) 300mg
Potassium Glycinate Complex (Albion) 113mg
Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate (TRAACS) 8mg

Taste/Mixability

The Vanilla Cake Batter is one of the best tasting vanilla flavors I've had. The vanilla half of the flavor has a solid flavor base. Adding the sweetness of the cake batter half is what makes this a really good flavor.

The biggest problem by far is the mixability. It mixes instantly like any isolate should. But the issue is in the fact that it seriously foams up. I would wait a little bit for the foam to settle. By that time you would have to give it a minor shake up to avoid the slight settling... And back to having foam again.

As a thinly mixed whey isolate it carries virtually no weight or bloat on the gut outside of the water. But the epic surprise is with the electrolytes.

A lot of hydration profiles don't have huge electrolyte doses, but certainly enough to actually hydrate and to label it for hydration. VMI didn't just put pixy dusted amounts into each serving, it's enough to consider as a standalone hydration profile. This is compounded by the fact that the electrolytes are TRAACS bonded, the good stuff.

I found myself sweating differently in the hours following my serving. I never felt stripped of water or that my water was passing through me.

The smaller 25svg container has a $35-$40 price range. The 5lb container runs $65-$75. Isn't that expensive even for a whey isolate? Absolutely. Why? The high quality electrolytes might have something to do with it. VMI doesn't appear to skimp on making this protein.

Side Effects

zero

Conclusion

Protolyte was definitely worth the few year wait to finally experience. Of course it helped meeting my protein goals for the day... but the hydration really flashed gloriously for me, as I work a physical job in the California heat. A lot of the time I could not get myself past being annoyed with the foam up. The foam got in the way of enjoying everything else, but I had to do my best with the nice vanilla cake batter flavor.

If I have some money to throw around on a worthwhile deal, I will definitely see about trying other flavors. It's just hard to make the call to spend the additional income on this as a semi-regular protein choice. However, what I feel about the price point is what it is... it certainly is not an indictment as the quality is towards the level of what you're paying for.

Thanks for taking the time,
As usual: Thoughts, comments, questions, critique are all welcome.
  • Vanilla Cake Batter: 9/10

September 20, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Mixes Perfectly
  • Tastes Great
  • Better Recovery
  • Affordable

Protolyte is an easy way to add high quality protein to anyones diet with the added benefit of having it taste fantastic with whatever you choose to mix it with.

Whats up SR, about time I finally get around to dropping this review. I train twice a day and follow a lower carb diet, meaning I need all of the help I can get when it comes to getting protein in my diet. Hence my jumping on the opportunity to review this product, thanks to VMI and the Trooper program for hooking me up as per usual.

Okay so for those of you who consider yourselves veterans of the protein powder game will know that in fact not all protein powders are created equal. VMI delivers on the high end here when it comes to quality in my opinion. First we have 105 calories per scoop (29g scoop), those 105 cals are made up of 24 grams of protein alongside >1g of fat, 1g of total Carb. Our protein source here is Whey Isolate which is put through a cold process. This quality of protein also makes Protolyte both lactose and gluten free.

Where Protolyte really helps separate itself from a crowded market is the inclusion of the TRAACS Electrolytes and Enzyme blend. This is a fantastic addition because any added enzymes is just going to help further improve the digestion process. Adding electrolytes to anything is going to get you positive marks in my books, most people really don't realize how bad their hydration is, so anytime you can improve that is going to help yield even better results.

The TRAACS Blend is made up of the following:
    Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate - 500mg
    Calcium Bisglycinate Chelate - 300mg
    Potassium Glycinate Complex - 183mg
    Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate - 8mg

Okay so I originally received the vanilla cake batter flavor, but I had ordered the Chocolate Peanut Butter. I was totally fine with this but VMI went way out of their way and sent me a tub of the Chocolate Peanut Butter as an apology. Massive customer service marks here. Along with those two flavors they also sent samples of all of the other flavors in their line. Let me start with the Vanilla Cake Batter and the Chocolate Peanut Butter, wow were these amazing, both were the perfect amount of sweet, mixed with either water or Almond Milk. Both of these being so good had me excited to try the other flavors, boy did VMI really nail it, every single one was good, and I don't mean good as in average I mean these flavors really are fantastic. Mixability was perfect with water and the consistency was thin and easy to drink, with almond milk it was thicker (obvs) but almost milkshake like texture. With the milk it did require more vigorous shaking, but it did mix up fine. Dosing for me was one to two scoops usually after my second workout of the day.

This is a high quality protein powder with added extras, with all protein powders it comes down to diet. I personally look at protein powder more as a food, I often times find it hard to hit some of my macro goals when it comes to protein based on my training regime. This did a fantastic job of helping me refuel after my workouts and also helping aid in my recovery via the added hydration benefits. In the role I needed this to play it was perfect, the flavoring also helped with my nasty sweet tooth as I was excited to drink this after my workouts. I had no stomach issues and found this super easy on my body overall, whenever I was using this more in a meal replacement role I would mix it with the almond milk and it would keep me full for a surprising amount of time. Overall this protein powder did everything I needed it to do: Help me hit macro goals, help boost my recovery after tough workouts and also allow me to have the option of a quick snack/ meal. I can't ask for much more then that.

This can be found for $36.99 on Allstarhealth.com for a 30 serving tub. While this may seem slightly high for a protein. One must consider the quality of the protein as well as those added extras, those alone help bring the value to a range that I am very comfortable paying.

Side Effects

None, zero stomach issues.

Conclusion

In conclusion VMI really nailed it here, they have managed to stick out in a super crowded market by using high quality ingredients, a super clean blend and adding extra's that other companies just don't give you. Factor in the awesome flavor and various options in regards to which one you treat yourself with, makes this a home run in my books.
    • Chocolate Fudge Cookie: 8/10
    • Vanilla Cake Batter: 9/10
    • Vanilla Peanut Butter: 9/10

August 12, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Quality Ingredients
    • Digestive Enzymes
    • Lot Of Flavors Available
    • Nice Name
    • May Be Pricey To Some

INTRODUCTION

Thanks to VMI SPORTS for constantly participating in the SR TROOP program and to SupplementReviews for making this connection possible. I lift 5 days per week, from Monday to Friday.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Protein: 24g

Type of Protein: Whey Protein Isolate
    Form of Processing: Cold Processed
    BCAA (coming from Protein): 5.3g
    Extras: Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Non GMO, Aspartame Free, Patented Electrolytes (500mg Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate, 300mg Calcium Bisglycinate Chelate, 183mg Potassium Glycinate Complex and 8mg Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate), Digestive Enzymes (Protease 1, Protease 11, Amylase, Lipase, Lactase).

Comments: Those are all great forms of electrolytes so well done VMI. The cholesterol is also very low which is good. Great profile.

VMI has a FAQ section of this protein here: https://www.vmisports.com/products/protolyte-whey-isolate if you need more information.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

*TASTE: I received Vanilla Peanut Butter. I don't like Vanilla flavored proteins (except Pro-Antium) but the inclusion of Peanut Butter is worth it to improve the taste. It's not very delicious but it's alright, I give it a 7/10. At the end it's a Whey Isolate protein, I don't expect it to taste better than a protein that has Whey Concentrate. With milk it's 8/10.

They sent me 1 sample of these flavors: Orange Dreamsicle (7.5/10), Chocolate Peanut Butter (8/10), Snickerdoodle (7/10), Strawberry (8/10). Surprisingly, Strawberry was the best along with Chocolate Peanut Butter. I thought Strawberry was going to be the worst lol. All were tried with Water.

MIXABILITY: No problems here.

DOSING: I took 1 scoop post-workout, sometimes inmediately post-workout and other times it was like 2 hours before bed.

EFFECTIVENESS

The first week of taking this I was very surprised because muscle soreness was zero, nothing! That's even more surprising because the week before, I was sick and wasn't able to lift so my soreness had to be higher but surprisingly it wasn't the case. I thought it was going to be an epic month with no pain! The following week, reality gave me a punch and woke me up from my 'painless dream' lol.

But Protolyte worked alright. Fast digestion (1-1.5hrs), no side effects, helped maintain muscle, helped to keep lifting daily, useful for adding protein to any meal with low protein amount.

VALUE

You can find the 1.6lbs size for $39.99 around the web (Suppz, Tigerfitness, Amazon, etc.), $34.99 (AllStarHealth) and +$45 (other websites). The most I would pay for a protein of this size is $35, not more than that. Using those patented electrolytes seems expensive though so you're probably getting what you pay for. The 4.6lbs size container is not so widely available and you can get it for $75-$80. That gives you 70 servings. The $75-80 for the bigger size is the "average" of this protein category (Whey Isolate only proteins).

So overall, it's not a bad price, you're paying what you get. I would suggest buying other things and finding coupons/promos/discounts to lower the overall price. I raised the Value a bit more (from 7 to 7.5) because I compared it with other competitors and their proteins only have Protein without anything extra. VMI's website sometimes also has a coupon discount (most brand websites do) so you could get the 4.6lbs for $64 if you get a 20% off coupon.

SIDE EFFECTS

CONCLUSION

Good taste. Great profile. If the extra ingredients are worth it depends on you but I can't deny their top quality so you're paying for what you get. I don't have complaints about this protein, I just think Isolate only proteins have their own target.
    • Vanilla Peanut Butter: 7/10
    • Strawberry: 8/10
    • Snickerdoodle: 7/10
    • Orange Dreamsicle: 7/10
    • Chocolate peanut butter: 8/10

July 24, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Quality Ingredients
    • Tastes Great
    • Mixes Perfectly
    • Affordable

VMI does it again with another solid product!!! shout out to SR for allowing me the opportunity to give this a try. I dont typically buy isolates on the regular, just when i feel like splurging a little more on protein so when i saw VMI had their whey isolate up for grabs i jumped on it!!

ProtoLyte by VMI has 25g of whey isolate protein per scoop. Less than 1g of carbs, 40mg of sodium, 166mg of Potassium and 0 grams of fat all with only 100 calories.

Protolyte also comes with 4g of L-Glutamine to help with muscle recovery.

It also contains electrolytes & enzymes thru TRAACS to help with hydration.
      -500mg Magnesium Bisglycinate
      -300mg of Calcium Bisglycinate Chelate
      -8mg of Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate

Dosing is 1-2 scoops either post workout or in place of a meal during the day. I typically drank this post workout or an afternoon shake as a snack. Mixability was excellent. No clumping and easy to dilute. I received the Vanilla Cake Batter as a sample and i thought it was pretty darn good. I'm not a huge fan of cake batter because it can be very hit or miss but the vanilla touch really helped it out i thought.

Like all proteins, it is very hard to judge the effectiveness especially if it something you take on a regular basis already. What i did notice was how light my stomach felt after having a shake, whether it was one or two scoops. I was not bloated or felt full, just a nice light snack with a great taste and guilt free!

As for value, i found this for $40 online for 2lbs. That seems like a fair price for a whey isolate. That comes to .06 cents per gram of protein. The normal whey protein i buy comes to about .04 cents per gram and that is getting it on sale.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while taking this.

Conclusion

In conclusion, i thought VMI put out an excellent product and highly recommend others to give this a try. If you do, try the chocolate fudge cookie and let me know how good it is if i haven't got my hands on it before then.

July 24, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Quality Ingredients
      • Better Recovery
      • May Be Pricey To Some

Hello suppsreviews! With my summer training almost over this protein was a great complement to my long bikes and runs. Huge thanks to VMI Sports for not only sending a tub of the requested flavor protein but also samples of the other flavors.

I am not a scientist or nutritionist so any info here is from research and maybe a little personal experience. Check the attached photo for the breakdown of ingredients.

With zero sugar, 24g of protein, and 1g of carbs this mix was perfect for me. I went keto for a few weeks to drop weight and the small number of carbs was perfect. I was also hitting a lot of cardio and the mix of BCAAs was amazing. They help with hydration and work wonders for recovery.

I took this product either with milk, water, or in a fruit smoothy. I'm not going to lie VMI kinda saved themselves with sending samples of all their flavors because when I first mixed the peanut butter flavoring with my strawberry banana smoothy I wasn't a fan of the flavor or mixing but the next day I decided to try again with the strawberry flavoring and was very pleased with the difference. With just milk and or water the protein mixed fine and tasted good. If you're going to be mixing into smoothies I suggest going with strawberry. You can go with one or two scoops. I usually just did one and was satisfied with that. The container I received had 25 scoops.

The mix of protein and BCAAs here make this a great recovery drink if you're training a lot. The BCAAs replenish and help hydrate you for the rest of your day. Looking at the effectiveness of protein is always hard. The drinks always went down well and left me feeling good with no stomach issues so that's a huge plus. With all the cardio I have been doing I haven't dropped a lot of muscle and I'm sure this product helped with that.

You can find different prices for this supp. The VMI website has it for $50 but the linked website here has it for $35 which is a much more reasonable price.

Side Effects

Conclusion

VMI Sports nailed it with this protein mix. The drink mixes well and tastes good and is great for recovery. I wouldn't pay the $50 for it but if you can grab it for $35 I'd recommend giving Protolyte a try.
      • Vanilla Peanut Butter: 7/10
      • Strawberry: 9/10

July 13, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Quality Ingredients
      • Mixes Perfectly
      • Better Recovery
      • Great Macros

An okay tasting protein that is almost perfect in what it has for the ingredients. It is overall a very great protein but the flavor needs some work in my opinion.

First I would like to thank vmi for letting me try this amazing product. I normally like to have blends or pure concentrate protein but this profile was too good for me to skip on.

Calories are 105
        Total Carbohydrate is at 1g
        Dietary Fiber is it0g
        Sugar is at 0g
        And the total Protein is at 25g
        Then it has the following in it
        Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate @ 500mg
        Calcium Bisglycinate Chelate @ 300mg
        Potassium Glycinate Complex @ 183mg
        Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate @ 8mg

Ingredients:
        non GMO cold processed Whey Protein Isolate, Cocoa Powder, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Xanthan Gum, Sucralose and Enzyme blend.

This is one of the better protein powder out there. There are not a lot of ingredients. The added enzymes are a great choice so you absorb more of the protein in it. I think this might be one of the best whey protein isolates you can purchase. I like that it is cold filtered and has no GMOs.

I received chocolate peanut butter flavor and I thought it was good but not the best. I think it is better than ON protein but I'm more of a vanilla person. It did not have enough peanut butter for me and was too much chocolate. If you are a chocolate person then you may like this a lot more than I did.
        The mixability was great. I would shake for a few seconds and I was done. Nothing would settle to the bottom or stick to the cup.
        I would take 1 scoop preworkout on somedays depending on how I was feeling. On most days I would take 2 scoops postworkout. 1 immediately after working out and another a few hours later. On weekends I would sometimes do 1 scoop with my breakfast.

I think it is hard to rate effectiveness of protein but I like to rate it based on taste and digestibility. I had no problems at all with digesting this. I did not get farts or have to go to the bathroom after taking this. I also felt more hydrated while taking this. I think that might be because the electrolytes. I was also less sure the next day compared to other protein powders I've tried. I'm not sure if that was from other products I was taking or this protein though. I also had more energy when I took this preworkout compared to other proteins I have tried.

You can find this for $50 for a 2lb from vmisports.com which is $2.00 a serving. Or if you want a 5lb which has 70 servings it will cost $80 which is $1.14 a serving. This might seem a little expensive at first glance but you have to think about all the extras they put in here. It has digestive enzymes and electrolytes in it and it is cold filtered. This is actually a really great price for what you are getting in this.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is one the the best whey isolates out there if you dont care for taste and care more about the quality of your protein. I also typically like vanilla over chocolate so that may be why I did not enjoy the taste as much as others seem to. They put extras in here to make sure you get your moneys worth and I think it worked the best out of all the whey isolates out there.
        • Chocolate peanut butter: 7/10

July 11, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Quality Ingredients
        • Tastes Great
        • Mixes Perfectly
        • TRAACS Electrolytes And Minerals
        • Digestive Benefits
        • Pricey

A very good isolate protein with digestive enzymes and hydration extras.

Hey SR, here today to review VMI Sports isolate protein called Protolyte. Usually, I don't go for isolate proteins as I think regular whey concentrates are just as effective for me and my goals at a better price point, and in all honesty I prefer whey/casein blends for the extended release and flavor satiating benefits that it provides. That being said, isolate does have benefits of fast acting proteins, usually have very clean profiles, and this in particular has some added extras for digestion and hydration that interested me so I was ready to give it a try.

In my opinion, VMI delivers a great profile here. First the macros are very clean at 105 cals, less than a 1g of fat, 1 carb, and 25 grams of protein. I personally have a very strict keto diet going on so this is extremely easy to fit into my macros and shouldn't be a problem for anyone else. Also, with 25 g of protein in a 29 g scoop there's not a lot of crap in here. Then we get some added extras that VMI added with digestion enyzmes and TRAACS chelated hydration minerals. I'm a big fan of both as with the heat of Phoenix and cardio I do it's always good to keep hydrated. Also, I think digestive enzymes are very underrated for achieving your goals and keeping your body running smoothly. Having these added extras I think is great and separates Protolyte in a flooded protein market.

Mixability with a solid isolate is usually top notch and it's the case here. This mixes very easily in a shaker with just water and minimal shaking. It did not clump at all for me. Dosing is whenever you need to fit protein into your diet really, but since this is an isolate with fast acting proteins I usually took post workout. The flavor I had was chocolate fudge cookie and it was also excellent. Since it's an isolate, flavoring is much lighter than other types of protein but this chocolate did have more of the fudge cookie flavor that made it different than regular chocolate proteins. When I have an isolate I usually use less water to amp the flavor for me and it worked well here.

So as everyone says it's hard to judge proteins and that's the truth. First, this digested very easily and was extremely easy to fit into my routine so that's great. I can say as well, with my low carb diet, staying regular can be an issue and during my run of this I did feel that it helped with this a lot. Also, this is lactose free, and my wife has always had trouble with protein powders as she is pretty lactose intolerant and will have to run to the bathroom not long after taking. When she tried a scoop of this she had zero issues which I thought was great. As far as lifting and my goals, since I am cutting I never expect to really see strength gains and I didn't, but this helped me preserve my muscle mass with protein and helped me progress towards my goals with a tasty treat. I was very happy with protein on multiple levels.

Isolates are usually more expensive, and with the added extras I expected this to be pretty expensive, and it is. Lowest price I can find this is $35 for 25 servings. At this price point it would be hard for me to buy as a staple, but I think the price is fair and when I wanted a great isolate I would definitely buy this again at this price as I think it's fair.

Side Effects

Conclusion

For isolate fans, especially if you have any digestive issues, this is a great option for you to consider.