ProtoLyte® 100% Whey Isolate 25svg Reviews

By: VMI Sports

(Better than 97% in Protein > Whey Protein)

ProtoLyte® 100% Whey Isolate 25svg is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by VMI Sports. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Protein > Whey Protein

August 12, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Digestive Enzymes
  • Lot Of Flavors Available
  • Nice Name

INTRODUCTION

Thanks to VMI SPORTS for constantly participating in the SR TROOP program and to SupplementReviews for making this connection possible. I lift 5 days per week, from Monday to Friday.

INGREDIENT PROFILE

Protein: 24g

Type of Protein: Whey Protein Isolate
Form of Processing: Cold Processed
BCAA (coming from Protein): 5.3g
Extras: Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Non GMO, Aspartame Free, Patented Electrolytes (500mg Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate, 300mg Calcium Bisglycinate Chelate, 183mg Potassium Glycinate Complex and 8mg Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate), Digestive Enzymes (Protease 1, Protease 11, Amylase, Lipase, Lactase).

Comments: Those are all great forms of electrolytes so well done VMI. The cholesterol is also very low which is good. Great profile.

VMI has a FAQ section of this protein here: https://www.vmisports.com/products/protolyte-whey-isolate if you need more information.

TASTE/MIXABILITY/DOSING

*TASTE: I received Vanilla Peanut Butter. I don't like Vanilla flavored proteins (except Pro-Antium) but the inclusion of Peanut Butter is worth it to improve the taste. It's not very delicious but it's alright, I give it a 7/10. At the end it's a Whey Isolate protein, I don't expect it to taste better than a protein that has Whey Concentrate. With milk it's 8/10.

They sent me 1 sample of these flavors: Orange Dreamsicle (7.5/10), Chocolate Peanut Butter (8/10), Snickerdoodle (7/10), Strawberry (8/10). Surprisingly, Strawberry was the best along with Chocolate Peanut Butter. I thought Strawberry was going to be the worst lol. All were tried with Water.

MIXABILITY: No problems here.

DOSING: I took 1 scoop post-workout, sometimes inmediately post-workout and other times it was like 2 hours before bed.

EFFECTIVENESS

The first week of taking this I was very surprised because muscle soreness was zero, nothing! That's even more surprising because the week before, I was sick and wasn't able to lift so my soreness had to be higher but surprisingly it wasn't the case. I thought it was going to be an epic month with no pain! The following week, reality gave me a punch and woke me up from my 'painless dream' lol.

But Protolyte worked alright. Fast digestion (1-1.5hrs), no side effects, helped maintain muscle, helped to keep lifting daily, useful for adding protein to any meal with low protein amount.

VALUE

You can find the 1.6lbs size for $39.99 around the web (Suppz, Tigerfitness, Amazon, etc.), $34.99 (AllStarHealth) and +$45 (other websites). The most I would pay for a protein of this size is $35, not more than that. Using those patented electrolytes seems expensive though so you're probably getting what you pay for. The 4.6lbs size container is not so widely available and you can get it for $75-$80. That gives you 70 servings. The $75-80 for the bigger size is the "average" of this protein category (Whey Isolate only proteins).

So overall, it's not a bad price, you're paying what you get. I would suggest buying other things and finding coupons/promos/discounts to lower the overall price. I raised the Value a bit more (from 7 to 7.5) because I compared it with other competitors and their proteins only have Protein without anything extra. VMI's website sometimes also has a coupon discount (most brand websites do) so you could get the 4.6lbs for $64 if you get a 20% off coupon.

SIDE EFFECTS

CONCLUSION

Good taste. Great profile. If the extra ingredients are worth it depends on you but I can't deny their top quality so you're paying for what you get. I don't have complaints about this protein, I just think Isolate only proteins have their own target.
  • Vanilla Peanut Butter: 7/10

Other Prices:
VMI Sports   $49.99

July 24, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Mixes Perfectly
  • Affordable
  • Non GMO

VMI does it again with another solid product!!! shout out to SR for allowing me the opportunity to give this a try. I dont typically buy isolates on the regular, just when i feel like splurging a little more on protein so when i saw VMI had their whey isolate up for grabs i jumped on it!!

ProtoLyte by VMI has 25g of whey isolate protein per scoop. Less than 1g of carbs, 40mg of sodium, 166mg of Potassium and 0 grams of fat all with only 100 calories.

Protolyte also comes with 4g of L-Glutamine to help with muscle recovery.

It also contains electrolytes & enzymes thru TRAACS to help with hydration.
    -500mg Magnesium Bisglycinate
    -300mg of Calcium Bisglycinate Chelate
    -8mg of Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate

Dosing is 1-2 scoops either post workout or in place of a meal during the day. I typically drank this post workout or an afternoon shake as a snack. Mixability was excellent. No clumping and easy to dilute. I received the Vanilla Cake Batter as a sample and i thought it was pretty darn good. I'm not a huge fan of cake batter because it can be very hit or miss but the vanilla touch really helped it out i thought.

Like all proteins, it is very hard to judge the effectiveness especially if it something you take on a regular basis already. What i did notice was how light my stomach felt after having a shake, whether it was one or two scoops. I was not bloated or felt full, just a nice light snack with a great taste and guilt free!

As for value, i found this for $40 online for 2lbs. That seems like a fair price for a whey isolate. That comes to .06 cents per gram of protein. The normal whey protein i buy comes to about .04 cents per gram and that is getting it on sale.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while taking this.

Conclusion

In conclusion, i thought VMI put out an excellent product and highly recommend others to give this a try. If you do, try the chocolate fudge cookie and let me know how good it is if i haven't got my hands on it before then.

Other Prices:
    VMI Sports   $49.99

July 24, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Recovery
    • May Be Pricey To Some

Hello suppsreviews! With my summer training almost over this protein was a great complement to my long bikes and runs. Huge thanks to VMI Sports for not only sending a tub of the requested flavor protein but also samples of the other flavors.

I am not a scientist or nutritionist so any info here is from research and maybe a little personal experience. Check the attached photo for the breakdown of ingredients.

With zero sugar, 24g of protein, and 1g of carbs this mix was perfect for me. I went keto for a few weeks to drop weight and the small number of carbs was perfect. I was also hitting a lot of cardio and the mix of BCAAs was amazing. They help with hydration and work wonders for recovery.

I took this product either with milk, water, or in a fruit smoothy. I'm not going to lie VMI kinda saved themselves with sending samples of all their flavors because when I first mixed the peanut butter flavoring with my strawberry banana smoothy I wasn't a fan of the flavor or mixing but the next day I decided to try again with the strawberry flavoring and was very pleased with the difference. With just milk and or water the protein mixed fine and tasted good. If you're going to be mixing into smoothies I suggest going with strawberry. You can go with one or two scoops. I usually just did one and was satisfied with that. The container I received had 25 scoops.

The mix of protein and BCAAs here make this a great recovery drink if you're training a lot. The BCAAs replenish and help hydrate you for the rest of your day. Looking at the effectiveness of protein is always hard. The drinks always went down well and left me feeling good with no stomach issues so that's a huge plus. With all the cardio I have been doing I haven't dropped a lot of muscle and I'm sure this product helped with that.

You can find different prices for this supp. The VMI website has it for $50 but the linked website here has it for $35 which is a much more reasonable price.

Side Effects

Conclusion

VMI Sports nailed it with this protein mix. The drink mixes well and tastes good and is great for recovery. I wouldn't pay the $50 for it but if you can grab it for $35 I'd recommend giving Protolyte a try.
    • Vanilla Peanut Butter: 7/10
    • Strawberry: 9/10

July 13, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Quality Ingredients
    • Mixes Perfectly
    • Better Recovery
    • Great Macros

An okay tasting protein that is almost perfect in what it has for the ingredients. It is overall a very great protein but the flavor needs some work in my opinion.

First I would like to thank vmi for letting me try this amazing product. I normally like to have blends or pure concentrate protein but this profile was too good for me to skip on.

Calories are 105
      Total Carbohydrate is at 1g
      Dietary Fiber is it0g
      Sugar is at 0g
      And the total Protein is at 25g
      Then it has the following in it
      Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate @ 500mg
      Calcium Bisglycinate Chelate @ 300mg
      Potassium Glycinate Complex @ 183mg
      Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate @ 8mg

Ingredients:
      non GMO cold processed Whey Protein Isolate, Cocoa Powder, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Xanthan Gum, Sucralose and Enzyme blend.

This is one of the better protein powder out there. There are not a lot of ingredients. The added enzymes are a great choice so you absorb more of the protein in it. I think this might be one of the best whey protein isolates you can purchase. I like that it is cold filtered and has no GMOs.

I received chocolate peanut butter flavor and I thought it was good but not the best. I think it is better than ON protein but I'm more of a vanilla person. It did not have enough peanut butter for me and was too much chocolate. If you are a chocolate person then you may like this a lot more than I did.
      The mixability was great. I would shake for a few seconds and I was done. Nothing would settle to the bottom or stick to the cup.
      I would take 1 scoop preworkout on somedays depending on how I was feeling. On most days I would take 2 scoops postworkout. 1 immediately after working out and another a few hours later. On weekends I would sometimes do 1 scoop with my breakfast.

I think it is hard to rate effectiveness of protein but I like to rate it based on taste and digestibility. I had no problems at all with digesting this. I did not get farts or have to go to the bathroom after taking this. I also felt more hydrated while taking this. I think that might be because the electrolytes. I was also less sure the next day compared to other protein powders I've tried. I'm not sure if that was from other products I was taking or this protein though. I also had more energy when I took this preworkout compared to other proteins I have tried.

You can find this for $50 for a 2lb from vmisports.com which is $2.00 a serving. Or if you want a 5lb which has 70 servings it will cost $80 which is $1.14 a serving. This might seem a little expensive at first glance but you have to think about all the extras they put in here. It has digestive enzymes and electrolytes in it and it is cold filtered. This is actually a really great price for what you are getting in this.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is one the the best whey isolates out there if you dont care for taste and care more about the quality of your protein. I also typically like vanilla over chocolate so that may be why I did not enjoy the taste as much as others seem to. They put extras in here to make sure you get your moneys worth and I think it worked the best out of all the whey isolates out there.
      • Chocolate peanut butter: 7/10

July 11, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Tastes Great
      • Mixes Perfectly
      • Quality Ingredients
      • TRAACS Electrolytes And Minerals
      • Digestive Benefits
      • Pricey

A very good isolate protein with digestive enzymes and hydration extras.

Hey SR, here today to review VMI Sports isolate protein called Protolyte. Usually, I don't go for isolate proteins as I think regular whey concentrates are just as effective for me and my goals at a better price point, and in all honesty I prefer whey/casein blends for the extended release and flavor satiating benefits that it provides. That being said, isolate does have benefits of fast acting proteins, usually have very clean profiles, and this in particular has some added extras for digestion and hydration that interested me so I was ready to give it a try.

In my opinion, VMI delivers a great profile here. First the macros are very clean at 105 cals, less than a 1g of fat, 1 carb, and 25 grams of protein. I personally have a very strict keto diet going on so this is extremely easy to fit into my macros and shouldn't be a problem for anyone else. Also, with 25 g of protein in a 29 g scoop there's not a lot of crap in here. Then we get some added extras that VMI added with digestion enyzmes and TRAACS chelated hydration minerals. I'm a big fan of both as with the heat of Phoenix and cardio I do it's always good to keep hydrated. Also, I think digestive enzymes are very underrated for achieving your goals and keeping your body running smoothly. Having these added extras I think is great and separates Protolyte in a flooded protein market.

Mixability with a solid isolate is usually top notch and it's the case here. This mixes very easily in a shaker with just water and minimal shaking. It did not clump at all for me. Dosing is whenever you need to fit protein into your diet really, but since this is an isolate with fast acting proteins I usually took post workout. The flavor I had was chocolate fudge cookie and it was also excellent. Since it's an isolate, flavoring is much lighter than other types of protein but this chocolate did have more of the fudge cookie flavor that made it different than regular chocolate proteins. When I have an isolate I usually use less water to amp the flavor for me and it worked well here.

So as everyone says it's hard to judge proteins and that's the truth. First, this digested very easily and was extremely easy to fit into my routine so that's great. I can say as well, with my low carb diet, staying regular can be an issue and during my run of this I did feel that it helped with this a lot. Also, this is lactose free, and my wife has always had trouble with protein powders as she is pretty lactose intolerant and will have to run to the bathroom not long after taking. When she tried a scoop of this she had zero issues which I thought was great. As far as lifting and my goals, since I am cutting I never expect to really see strength gains and I didn't, but this helped me preserve my muscle mass with protein and helped me progress towards my goals with a tasty treat. I was very happy with protein on multiple levels.

Isolates are usually more expensive, and with the added extras I expected this to be pretty expensive, and it is. Lowest price I can find this is $35 for 25 servings. At this price point it would be hard for me to buy as a staple, but I think the price is fair and when I wanted a great isolate I would definitely buy this again at this price as I think it's fair.

Side Effects

Conclusion

For isolate fans, especially if you have any digestive issues, this is a great option for you to consider.

June 29, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Quality Ingredients
      • Increased Hydration
      • TRAACS Electrolytes And Minerals

Simple 100% whey Isolate with some electrolytes and enzymes. Tastes great and is easy to use.

Back again, I am 46 years young (today anyway), and have been using supplements for ever. Therefore I am positive that I can try out a newer Protein. I am currently not at 100% but fixing a messed up back and thought this would be fun to add to my diet. I basically am in a maintenance mode with some cheating. This helped me get a little better treat than an actual treat. I am also in summer mode which means I am running all over with my kids for various activities. Thanks to VMI and the SRTrooper program for allowing me to try this new protein.

Calories @ 105

Calcium Bisglycinate Chelate @ 300mg
        Potassium Glycinate Complex @ 183mg
        Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate @ 8mg

Ingredients:

This is a pretty good shot at a protein powder. There are not a lot of ingredients and protein is the number 1 ingredient. The added enzymes are an interesting choice. I kind of like it as I realize that if you don't absorb it it doesn't do you any good. Also the added electrolytes help restore our "normal" state after exercise. All in all I am happy with the profile of this product.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

I received the Chocolate Fudge Cookie, and I really enjoyed it. It was a nice smooth treat to have when I wanted to get that sweet tooth taken care of.

This product mixed really well. I do use a shaker bottle with the metal whisk and I shake then drink.

I used between 4 and 12 ounces of water and other than the strength of flavor it worked well for all of them. They suggest 8oz of beverage to one scoop. I probably used 10oz of water the most and for me it was enjoyable. I do not like thick shakes so I tend to use more water than most people do. They suggest taking 1 scoop within 30 minutes of workout and then anytime during they day as you need it. I found like most protein powders they are pretty easy to dose. I tend to use it as an extra and so it was pretty easy.

This was effective for me in 2 ways. One way I used this was as a snack and extra protein in my smoothies. This kept me satisfied until my next meal, and sometimes kept me on a healthier path for snacks. When I used this post workout it seemed to help me recover

As of 6/29/2018 I found the following prices.

Company website has it for $49.99 for a 2# container (25 servings), and $79.99 for a 5# container (70 servings).

Tiger fitness has the 2# for $39.99 for 2# container(25 servings).

This leads us to a cost per serving between $1.60 for the 2# container and $1.14 if you buy the big container. At the cheaper price I think it is a good value as my go to Machine whey is around 90 cents a serving. That being said this is a Isolate protein and Machine whey is a concentrate. Isolate is a more expensive product, and yet it is close in price. Machine all natural isolate is $1.37 a scoop, so like I say it is reasonable.

Side Effects

I had no negative side effects from this product. It seemed to digest well and gave me no bloating or other issues.

Conclusion

In conclusion I would tell you to give this a shot. It tasted really good and was a high quality protein. I think that the price for this in the big container is very reasonable and shouldn't stop you from using it. I personally still think that supplements are to be used to augment your food intake no replace it. Therefore I don't use as much protein powder as I used to, however I can see where this will fit into my future supplement usage. VMI has really come out in my opinion, giving us good products at good price points. This one also just happens to taste really good as well. Once again thanks to VMI and the SRTrooper program for allowing me to find a new protein supplement to use.......
        • Chocolate Fudge Cookie: 9/10
        • Vanilla Peanut Butter: 8/10
        • Chocolate peanut butter: 8/10
        • Orange Dreamsicle: 7/10
        • Snickerdoodle: 8/10
        • Strawberry: 6/10

June 27, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Quality Ingredients
        • Great Macros
        • Non GMO
        • Increased Hydration
        • TRAACS Electrolytes And Minerals
        • Slightly Higher End Price Tag
        • Only Available Online

Another great product from VMI Sports, Protolyte sets a new standard in protein supplementation.

Thank you to VMI Sports and the SR Troops program for giving me the opportunity to test and review this product.
        I chose to review this supplement because of the interesting ingredient profile, as well as the high quality processing used in production. I have also had great experiences with VMI Sports products in the past, and hoped to see that trend continue.

25g of cold pressed non-gmo whey protein isolate

500mg of magnesium bisglycinate chelate
        300mg of calcium bisglycinate chelate
        183mg of potassium glycinate complex
        8mg of chromium nicotinate glycinate chelate
        175mg of calcium
        166mg of potassium
        40mg of sodium

Breaking this down, cold processed whey retains more nutrients and is easier for the body to digest. Protolyte delivers 25g of whey isolate in a 29.6g scoop, making each scoop approximately 85% protein. You also receive just over a gram (1372mg) of electrolytes, a unique addition to this protein which helps to aid in muscle recovery and endurance. With the added electrolytes, each scoop breaks down to about 89% active ingredients. This means Protolyte contains very little fillers or additives. Also listed in the ingredients is an undisclosed enzyme blend which is included to aid in digestion and prevent gastrointestinal issues sometimes caused by protein consumption.

Taste:
        VMI Sports offers a wide variety of flavors for this product, including many unique and uncommon flavors, so you're sure to find one that you will love. I requested and was provided with the snickerdoodle flavor. I chose this flavor because it was a good opportunity to sample something different, and because it is a flavor I have not seen other companies produce. While it may not be my first choice in future purchases, I definitely enjoyed the flavor throughout my run of this product. It had just the right combination of cinnamon and sweetness, and tasted more like a dessert than a supplement. One thing worth noting, this is the first protein I have used that tasted better when mixed with water than milk. I found that mixing with milk resulted in a lighter, weaker flavor.

Mixability:
        No mixability issues to report. The product blended well in both milk and water with just a few hard shakes from my shaker cup. No left over powder or residue at the end.

Dosing:
        One scoop in 8-10oz of milk or water. As stated above, I generally used water as I found it provided a better flavor.

Protolyte did what I expect my protein to do, but the added electrolytes made a clear difference in my recovery. Throughout my run of this product, I felt a noticeable reduction in DOMS and felt a slight difference in hydration. The reason I rated this product so highly for effectiveness is less about the protein supplementation and more about the overall benefits of this product. Protein supplements have become very common place, and even the worst ones can still stimulate muscle growth and aid in recovery. But with Protolyte, you get a much more complete package:

cold processed, non-gmo protein isolate for very pure, high quality, easily digested protein;
        electrolytes for hydration and endurance
        enzymes to aid in digestion and prevent gastrointestinal issues.

All packaged with 0g of fat and less than one gram of carbohydrates in 105 calories, making Protolyte an effective supplement that wont disrupt the rest of your daily macros. The top shelf quality ingredients, awesome flavor variety, and unique ingredient profile put Protolyte well above the competition.

This may be the one factor that prevents Protolyte from becoming one of the top protein supplements on the market. The lowest price I could find for a 25 serving container of Protolyte was $34.99, which puts this product at about a $1.40 per serving. While this is a bit on the steeper side for protein powder, the price tag is a necessary evil for the higher quality ingredients and processing in Protolyte. While I personally feel as though the price is justified, others may not agree.

Side Effects

No negative side effects were experienced throughout the use of this product.

Conclusion

Once again I find myself congratulating VMI Sports on another job well done. Their commitment to providing quality products to their consumers is top notch, and Protolyte is no exception.
        • Snickerdoodle: 8/10

9.6
          June 24, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Quality Ingredients
        • Great Variety
        • Great Flavors
        • Feel Full
        • Affordable
        • Great Macros
        • Multiple Sizes
        • Slightly Higher End Price Tag

All I have to say is WOW. I think VMI has ruined protein for me for the rest of my life, because if I cannot get my hands on ProtoLyte then everything else is going to feel inferior.

While you should always want to get your protein from whole food sources, sometimes you need to through in a protein powder to either meet your Macro's or just to get enough protein throughout the day. This is where VMI is stealing the spotlight. They have given us a protein powder that not only delivers in giving clean protein, but they are also giving you the added benefit of electrolytes. I really want to thank VMI for letting me experience and run a tub of ProtoLyte.

In true fashion VMI gives us a fully disclosed label for our protein enjoyment:

Calories-105
        Fat<1g
        Carbs 1g
        Protein 24g

Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate (TRAACS) 500mg
        Calcium Bisglycinate Chelate (TRAACS) 300mg
        Potassium Glycinate Complex (Albion) 183mg
        Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate (TRAACS) 8mg

With ingredients being Non-GMO Cold Pressed Whey Protein Isolate, peanut flour, cocoa powder, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Xanthan Gum, Sucralose, and Enzyme Blend.

While this is not every single thing listed on the nutrition panel, it highlights the important factors that we focus on in regards to a protein powder.

I really enjoyed this because of the fact that it has a very low amount of carbs in it, while still delivering 24g of protein and 0g of sugar all while only costing you 105 calories out of your daily total. To me, this is the best of all worlds when it comes to an ingredients profile.

Outside of all of that, the fact that they have added in electrolytes is a huge plus. with the more protein that your body intakes, the more your body needs fluid to use it. If you use up all of your fluid, it can lead to dehydration, and if you are continuing to use protein, then you could become a dehydrated mess fast. With the addition of electrolytes, it can help your body maintain that crucial balance.

I requested and received the Chocolate Peanut butter flavor and it was an absolute home run. The best way I can describe this is to take 1 scoop of ON chocolate protein powder and mix it with a serving of PB2FIT and boom you have this flavor, except VMI delivers a much richer flavor profile. Even when mixed with water and yogurt, the flavor was absolutely fantastic.

Mixability was effortless. This protein mixed very well, every single time. As I mentioned, I would mix it in with a serving of greek yogurt and there were no issues there. Some powders will get super clumpy when I do this, but not this one, it mixed in like a champ.

Dosing was 1 scoop 29.6g per 10oz of milk or water.

So when rating the effectiveness, it is usually difficult with a protein powder, but this one made it easy. I would consume this as a post cardio shake since it was light on carbs and had electrolytes in it, and I found it to be a superb product for this. When I say post cardio, I am referring to unit PT where running 3 miles is a short workout, so you can see that hydration can become a factor in this area. With sweat going out, your electrolytes are going out as well, and then if you consumer protein on top of that, dehydration can creep in, but by drinking this, it helped keep me full, feel recovered, and most importantly not feel superly dehydrated from a run and consuming calories.

On other days where cardio wasn't such a big deal, I would come home and mix it with some greek yogurt as a cool, yet satisfying dinner treat. Again, the electrolytes, low carbs, and protein content made this a solid meal that I looked forward to having. It was so good, it really felt like a cheat meal, rather than just getting calories and protein in for the day.

Outside of all of this, it did help me feel better recovered from whatever I was doing, which tells me that it was an effective product and that the protein that was provided was properly used by my body for muscle repair.

So, if there was ever a weak link for this product, it would be the price. Don't get me wrong, it is nothing astronomical as we have seen with some proteins on here, but still, the cheapest I could find this was $38 for 25 servings on campusprotein.com This comes out to be $1.52 a serving. Since running this product VMI has since created a 70 serving tub but right now I can only find it on their site for $80 which will drop the price to $1.14 per serving. I would pay that for the bigger tub, and honestly, I would pay the price for the smaller tub but then again that is just me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a great tasting, great digesting, low sugar, fat, and carb protein powder that delivers clean WPI and electrolytes. What more could you ask for? VMI did a great job with this, and to me, they have personally raised the standard on what a Whey protein should be. They practically have a flavor for all tastes out there, so there is something for everyone. Me personally, I think I have found my ON Gold Standard Whey replacement, and do not see myself going back anytime soon. As I have previously said VMI has ruined the protein game for me, because nothing will ever be the same after trying the best.
        • Chocolate peanut butter: 10/10

June 23, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Quality Ingredients
        • Tastes Great
        • Mixes Perfectly
        • Better Recovery
        • May Be Pricey To Some

Protolyte is a superb protein product that will also provide the additional benefits of electrolyte replenishment and BCAAs supplemented recovery. In addition, it provides these benefits and extras without the added artificial ingredients nonsense

First off, an apology to VMI for the delay in this review as it is a few days overdue. Second, per usual, a special thanks to VMI for their continued support here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experiences with their whey protein isolate Protolyte. We bros love our brotein. Truthfully, protein is probably the most frequently used supplement staple in many regimens. As the basic building block of biological tissue such as muscle tissue, supplementing with protein can help ensure improved muscle recovery and anabolic support to help us reach our goals. It can also aid in dietary goals such as losing or gaining weight depending on your fitness objectives. In short, protein supplements are very versatile and can be used in plenty of applications. There are more protein supplements that one could count on today's market, so it pays to research. From my experience, VMI has delivered with the handful of products that I've used from them, so I was more than eager to try out Protolyte after a great experience with Major Mass.

First, each serving size will provide a total of 105 calories. Furthermore, each scoop contains less than a gram of total fat, 1g of carbs, and 0g of sugar.

Moving on to the more core an feature ingredients, each scoop provides 24g of whey protein isolate. The source of isolate in protolyte is non-gmi and cold processed. This makes the source of protein from Protolyte the cleanest and more bioavailable in nutrients.

Continuing we the find the feature extras of Protolyte in the form of electrolytes, glutamine, and BCAAs. The electrolytes include magnesium bisglycinate chelate at 500mg, calcium bisglycinate chelate at 300mg, potassium glycinate complex at 183mg, an chromium nicotinate glycinate chelate at 8mg. These forms of electrolytes are particularly favored as they are more bioavailable and can be absorbed more efficiently. The extras also include a total of 5.2g of BCAAs and 4g of glutamine for enhanced recovery support.

Lastly Protolyte contains no aspartame, lactose, or gluten.

As one can clearly see, this is definitely a clean, high quality protein product that can be used by any athlete regardless of goals. Though, given the low calorie, carb, and sugar amount, one could argue this is more suitable for those looking to cut fat or recomp.

I received vanilla peanut butter and it was nothing short of delicious. I used water and milk (skim, 1%, or almond) when preparing my shakes with Protolyte. It tasted great in water, but in milk, the flavor was a guilty treat level of good.

It mixed completely and thoroughly in any liquid with any preparation method.

I used Protolyte post workout since I figured the added aminos and electrolytes would do best for my recovery and hydration replenishment. I took one scoop about 30-40 minutes post workout with either water or milk if available. On non-training days, I took one scoop and prepared a morning shake with almond, some fruit, and oats.

I don't want to sound repetitive, but as I said in several past protein product reviews, I grade efficacy on recovery and how it supported my dietary macro quotes.

The high quality protein and the added BCAAs and glutamine helped very well in getting my recovery into high gear. I was much less sore after workouts and didn't experience significant DOMS or "hangover" lethargy the following mornings. This allowed me to continuously go into each planned workout with more energy and endurance.

Combined with great taste, and a subsequent dose of protein and extras, I found this to be a highly effective and convenient way to maintain macro intake. Of course, while I was still getting the main bulk of my nutrients from food, Protolyte helped keep my body in an anabolic favoring environment without adding any unnecessary sugars, fats, or carbs. Furthermore, the electrolytes helped me maintain adequate hydration levels to help avoid and reduce occasional minor muscle cramps I would get in rare instances post workout.

The cheapest price for a standard 1.63 lbs tub containing 25 servings I was able to find was on AllStarHealth for 35 dollars. However, on VMI's direct website, a larger tub containing 70 servings is currently available for 80 dollars.

When comparing these options, in my opinion, the smaller tub is cheaper and more value efficient option. While the larger tub provides more than double the servings, a price of 80- dollars is too steep for my taste. Truthfully, I still find the 35 dollar price a bit pricey as well. Protolyte is highly effective and of superb quality. Also, the extras truly do have a profound additional set of benefits. However, one would definitely want to look out for price deals, coupons, and BOGO options should they ever be offered.

Still, I think Protolyte is worth the investment even for a try.

Side Effects

Conclusion

VMI hit a homerun in the protein supplement market with Protolyte. The high quality protein isolate source combined with the additional benefits of electrolytes, BCAAs, glutamine, being free of unnecessary additives, and having a favorable profile free of excess carbs, sugar, and fats make Protolyte an ideal choice for supporting recovery and hydration. Just be sure you're doing some stringent shopping and keep a lookout for deals when possible due to the price tag.

Oh, and it taste great too.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO RED SOX!!!
        • Vanilla Peanut Butter: 10/10

June 19, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Tastes Great
        • Non GMO
        • TRAACS Electrolytes And Minerals
        • Increased Hydration
        • Quality Ingredients
        • Enzyme Blend

A unique whey protein isolate product that goes beyond just that by adding electrolytes to enhance hydration for maximum recovery.

I want to thank VMI Sports for this opportunity.

After trying their Major Mass, I thought it was fair to try their protein.

This is a whey protein isolate product. No blend. Just 24g of whey protein isolate.

There are 105 calories total coming from the 24g protein, 1g carbohydrate, and little to no fat.

- Whey Protein Isolate - digests and absorbs quickly while also providing a rapid rise in amino acid levels. An isolate is between a concentrate and hydrolysate.

*The ingredients below are added to enhance recovery through hydration. I think that's pretty smart, super beneficial, and unique.

Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate (TRAACS) - 500mg

Calcium Bisglycinate Chelate (TRAACS) - 300mg

Potassium Glycinate Complex (Albion) - 183mg

Chromium Nicotinate Glycinate Chelate (TRAACS) - 8mg

*The non GMO cold processed really makes a difference if you think about it. Non GMO means the milk used to make this protein came from cows that were fed properly. They were eating what they should naturally be eating to produce the most optimal milk possible. When cows consume corn and ect, the amino acid content and structure changes. There are over 5g of quality BCAA's in here because of that simple difference. The cold processed means that this protein was exposed to less heat and nutrient stripping. Making this a little more beneficial than how protein is usually processed. I will say this, some like how isolates lack fat, but fat is very important. And a cold processed concentrate with fat will deliver healthy omega fatty acids. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying.

Overall, this is a well developed protein that goes beyond protein synthesis. They start straight with the cows health to make sure this product is most effective. The enzyme blend is a blessing as well to help digest everything.

Taste - I chose Vanilla Peanut Butter. I would chose Chocolate, but I already was using Major Mass in Chocolate. Vanilla Peanut Butter just sounded good. And it was. Check this out though. I rarely mixed it with cold water or milk. I had fun with this. I always put protein in my oatmeal, but this time was different. The water at the end tasted like chai tea. It was bomb. Ever since that I mixed it in hot water. Hot water has numerous of health benefits. I'm glad this happened as I found a very healthy tasting hot beverage.

Mixability - it mixed just fine in whatever solvent used. I used hot water mostly and it dissolved no problem.

Dosing - I had fun with this one. I did one scoop in hot water in the morning and that felt really good. I usually do around 2-3 scoops a day, but I had Major Mass for awhile at the same time. Either way, this lasted 25 servings.

It does what a protein needs to do. The fact that it tastes great and mixes easily makes it work better for me as I look forward to drinking it.

Does it help me recover better than other protein? I'm sure over a good period of time I would sense a difference, but during the time on this my recovery wasn't out of the ordinary. This helped me with my recovery process by providing me protein. It kept me on track. Maintained protein synthesis. Helped build muscle. Become less fatigued.

I do appreciate the uniqueness and added benefits. Those are great moral and ethical practices. Overall, 10/10 because this did what it was suppose to do.

I see it for $40 on Tiger Fitness in a couple flavors. On the website is $50. This is a unique product, so it's tough to compare. But, NutraBio does a cold press isolate as well with around the same protein content and price tag. NutraBio has a little more servings and overall powder, but this has added electrolytes for hydration from registered sources. I feel this is a fair price, especially for the non GMO. I haven't searched to compare other products, but I'd be happy to pay this price.

Side Effects

Nothing at all. No headaches. No stomach issues. No diarrhea. All good. The enzyme blend helps a lot.

Conclusion

This did what it was suppose to do. It acts more than a protein product by adding electrolytes for hydration to enhance recovery. Overall, I do recommend trying this product if you are looking for something different to help with your goals.
          • Vanilla Peanut Butter: 10/10