ProtoLyte 100% Whey Isolate Reviews

By: VMI Sports

(Better than 95% in Protein > Whey Protein)

PRICES (4)

(1.6 lb) - [$24.99/lb]

Amazon

(1.6 lb) - [$28.12/lb]

VMI Sports

ProtoLyte 100% Whey Isolate is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by VMI Sports. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Protein > Whey Protein

February 14, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Slightly Higher End Price Tag

First off I want to thank VMI Sports for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. I have tried a few of their products and really liked what I have tried so far and this was one of them I had been waiting to try also. I know this had been on the trooper list before a few times but was never able to claim it because I had other products to finish first and was not able to claim it. I was hoping this would show up again and finally it did and this time I was able to claim it. I will say I was rather impressed with this and how it worked for me.

MUSCLE BUILDING
25g pure isolate protein (5.3g BCAAs) per serving to provide your muscles all the essential nutrients to GROW!

RECOVERY
ProtoLyte's rapid digestion drives key minerals, proteins, and amino acids to sore muscles for a speedy recovery.

NUTRITION & DIET

HYDRATION
Full complement of TRAACS chelate-bonded minerals for superior hydration and performance. High protein, low calorie option to stay on track with diet for faster weight loss.

This is also Gluten free, Lactose free, NON GMO, and Aspartame free. Also 100% Cold Pressed & Filtered WPI

I always like to try something different than your normal chocolate and Vanilla flavors. I heard they had this snickerdoodle flavor and it was suppose to be pretty good so I requested that flavor. I had never had this flavor before and after using it boy was this tasty. This was very good. It was not to heavy and the taste I thought was spot on with around 16oz of water I used. If you have ever had a snickerdoodle cookie this will taste just like that maybe even a little better I think. This does not have any kind of water down taste to it at all which I figured it might have. Also with there being no sugars in this I figured the taste would be more on the light side but that was not the case at all. It had a nice rich taste to it.

Mixing was no problem at all. There was no clumping at all or any leftover powder that stuck to the bottom of my shaker bottle. I used this mainly as my post workout protein. Did one scoop each time and that was all I really needed. You could do between a scoop and a half and two scoops if I wanted but I never really felt the need to do so unless you wanted to use this as a meal replacement.

When it comes to protein I look for how well does it help with my recovery and how well does it digest in my system. I found this to be really good on improving my recovery and how I would feel the next day. I workout most everyday and try to workout around 2 hours and any kind of recovery I can get is very much needed for me. I thought my recovery on this was real good. I seemed to feel a lot better the next day. Any kind of soreness I might get was very much limited. There were times when I would really workout hard that day and then feel a little more sore than normal and this I felt really helped to speed up that recovery time a lot quicker so I would not feel that soreness as much. I know my DOMS where a lot better and because any soreness I might feel the next day was very limited and would not last very long. I think with the way I recovered really helped me perform better in the gym and helped me to increase my workouts a little more.

Overall I thought this was very good on my stomach. This never gave me any kind of gut issues at all. After drinking this I never felt real bloated at all in the stomach and I felt this digested fairly quickly into my system instead of just sitting in my stomach for awhile waiting to digest. I know that after taking this it did take away some of my appetite for awhile and made me feel more full for awhile after taking it. I think this stuff really helped me to lean up a bit more but was still able to put on a little muscle mass. When using this you don't get that real bloated like feeling or look real bloated in your muscles. It's nice to be able to put on a little more muscle mass and not feel all bloated in the stomach at the same time.

I do really like some of the extra things they put in this. The electrolytes and minerals were nice to have to help me feel more hydrated. Also the added 4g of glutamine was nice not just for some recovery but overall health also. With this time of year being bad with colds and flu anything I can take that can help with improving my immune system is nice to have.

The cheapest I could find this was on allstarhealth.com for $33.99 for 25 servings. The price for this is maybe just a little on the high side for me but not to bad. It can get a little pricey if you do more than one scoop at a time or taking this more than once though out the day. You do have to realize they do add some extra stuff in here and that will make the price go up a little more. If they could up the amount of servings to at least 30 that would help some. I know this price I found for this flavor is a lot better than what a lot of other sites want for this.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

Overall I think they did a really good job with this product and have a pretty solid protein product. I don't like it sometimes when companies try to make big claims as to what their product can do if you use it and then not be able to back it up. With this company I think they did a really good job at backing up their claims as to what they say this will do and deliver on that. This maybe be a little pricy for some people but in the end it really holds up to the claims and value and is a much better product than I thought it would be. I was really pleased with this product and would for sure use it again and recommend other people give this a try. What I liked most about this is the muscle mass I was able to gain and not have all the bloating to go with it makes me know they did a really good job at making this a very effective product. Again I want to give a big shout out to VMI Sports for making this product and letting me have the chance to give it a try.

Other Prices:
Optimal Nutrition   $39.99
Amazon   $39.99
VMI Sports   $44.99

February 13, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Tastes Great
  • Slightly Higher End Price Tag

Shout out to VMI sports for a good protein powder product. I am doing another review on protein powder. This one has some good benefits.

This is a 100% whey isolate with other added ingredients.

Per serving
100 calories
25g Non-GMO protein
Carbs 1g
Dietary fiber 0g
Sugar 0g
Cholesterol 1mg
BCAA's 5.3g

There is 4g of glutamine, 2.5g of leucine and is aspartame free. It also has many vitamins. Protolyte added some electrolytes and enzymes which is not found in all protein shakes. Great ingredients with some added things make this a good protein powder. What I like most is the break down of each ingredient, so we know exactly what is in it and how much. For example, they break down all the amino acids and BCAA's individually so you can see what you are taking in. All protein powders do contain amino acids but not all have this much and it is not always this detailed. I give the ingredients a great ranking.

Protolyte has several options to choose from for flavor. I was able to get this in snickerdoodle which was great as I felt it tasted like a snickerdoodle cookie. It says to mix one scoop with water or a milk based product. The taste, mixability, and dosing were nice so there were no issues there. I give this a good rating.

This was a very effective protein. The nice thing is that it came with not only whey isolate but also has electrolytes, minerals, and enzymes. This made it a much more effective protein. I was able to stay hydrated and had a good recovery following a workout. Sometimes protein shakes can make her stomach a bit upset but that was never an issue with Protolyte. It was a good product and very effective. I give this a good rating.

I was able to find the 30 servings tub as low as $35 but it also went as high as $60. At $35 for 30 servings, you're getting this for $1.17 per serving. This is a bit higher than some other protein products out there but since it does have added ingredients, it would be worth the value. I'm gonna give this a middle to a high-ranking.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I feel that this was a productive protein powder. The ingredients were good, especially since it added some more items. The taste was wonderful. No problems with mixability or dosing. The effectiveness was right on point. The price was a little high for me but it does come with some other ingredients so that makes it worth the money. I give this a good rating overall and would recommend it.
  • Snickerdoodle: 10/10

Other Prices:
Optimal Nutrition   $39.99
Amazon   $39.99
VMI Sports   $44.99

January 30, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Slightly Higher End Price Tag

What is up guys? I've got a lovely protein review to dive into today. As always I'd like to thank all the great people at SR for making this review possible and all the people at VMI Sports for placing their product up for review. I was attracted to this product because of the extremely positive feedback that this product has gotten and the fact that I'm always looking for a great protein to add to my stack.

100 calories
Total Fat: 0g
Total Carbs: <1g
Sugar: 0g
Protein: 25g

This protein is a 100% Whey Isolate with 25g of protein per serving. The label itself is actually BANANAS. It may be the best protein powder label that I've ever read. 100 calories is extremely lean compared to VMI's competitors, so it can fit into any cut, diet, bulk, or whatever nutrition plan you're on with no issues whatsoever. There is 0g of fat and sugar and that right there is amazing. BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE! Less than one gram of carbs per serving. There is basically no other macronutrients except protein in this powder! I have got to tip my cap to VMI Sports because creating an effective product with a label like this (which includes a complete amino-acid profile breakdown for every serving on the back of the tub) takes a great deal of effort.

Taste: Strawberry, I wasn't expecting much of a taste because there was no sugar, or anything else really lol, in this product besides protein and I was pleasantly surprised! And normally I don't even like strawberry flavored things, but I enjoyed every drink of this.

Mixibility: Easy to mix with minimal effort and a few good shakes in a blender bottle.

Dosage: I took 1-2 scoops post workout to hopefully stimulate optimal muscle recovery and protein synthesis.

Protein powders are always one of the harder things to put effectiveness into words because you usually cant physically 'feel' anything happening. However, I made optimal lean mass gains while using this product right after my bodybuilding style training sessions. Nutrition is ultimately gonna play the biggest part besides for training in any aesthetic body changes, but I'm a big believer in having a good, fast absorbing protein immediately post workout. I gotta give at least some of the credit to this powder with an incredible label for the new muscle gains. I also NEVER had any issues with bloating or gas while using this product.

Allstarhealth.com is currently listing this product for $33.00 which comes out to $1.32 per serving. This isn't the best value but for the label I can see it being justifiable. However, I do wish that it was little bit cheaper.

Side Effects

NONE

Conclusion

This is a phenomenal protein powder that can help you take advantage of your post-workout anabolic window. If it was little bit cheaper I dare say this might be my go to protein powder.

July 24, 2017

• TRAACS Electrolytes And Minerals

First off, I would like to apologize to SR and VMI for the long overdue review. I dislocated my shoulder, was in a sling for 3 weeks, tore the trapezoid part of my coracoclavicular ligament, partially tore the conoid ligament, and partially tore my labrum. It's been a difficult few weeks and my participation on here has been lacking due to everything going on. After this review and the other two I still need to write, I will be taking a break from the TROOPs program until I am fully healed and able to lift again. In the meantime, you're looking at the worlds newest cardio bunny, yay. As always, thank you to VMI for participation in the TROOPs program and sending this out to us. I was lucky enough to receive the flavor I asked for, chocolate fudge cookie.

ProtoLyte is a 100% whey isolate delivering us with 25g of protein per serving. Along with that, there is absolutely no fat and <1 of carbohydrates. It also comes loaded with 18 different enzymes to help aid in recovery. The profile is also Non-GMO, which some people look for now a days, along with natural flavors and the enzyme blend mentioned above. What you see is what you get here, no added nonsense.

Taste (chocolate fudge cookie)

Being that this was an isolate, I was expecting a light watery taste. I was wrong. It delivered a rich and creamy taste, similar to a milkshake (but not as thick, obviously). I would even use it to make my protein pancakes, which were BOMB with this protein. This tasted better than MyProtien coffee flavor for the pancakes (I believe my recipe is with that review if you're interested)

Mixability

No mixing problems. Only mixed with water. No digestive issues either.

I dosed this specifically post workout, being it was an isolate. 1 scoop in 6-8 ounces of water.

The trickiest part of any protein review. Based on the ingredients, dosing it post workout, and following a consistent workout regimen, this protein did its job. I was never fatigued or felt like I was lacking in any areas. It delivered 25g of protein to fuel my muscles along with an endless amount enzymes. Overall, I was happy to come home form the gym and consume my shake.

You can pick this 1.6lb jug up for $33.99 on Amazon (free shipping if you have prime). That comes to $1.13 per serving, which is good for an isolate in my opinion.

Side Effects

Conclusion

ProtoLyte delivered me with a quick absorbing protein post workout along with an added enzyme blend to aid in my recovery. At $1.13 per serving for an isolate and delicious taste, there's no reason against me picking this up again.
    • Chocolate Fudge Cookie: 8/10

June 27, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Recovery
    • Pricey
    What's up SR family! Sorry for the delay on this review; a lot going on in my life at the moment. I would like to thank VMI and the Trooper program for their patience and opportunity to ProtoLyte, VMI Sports' protein. To those who train and train hard, protein is important for our ability to build muscle and recover. I am an avid user of protein shakes to add to my daily macros of nutrition. When I saw ProtoLyte come up for the Troopers to run, I decided to give it a run, since I saw great reviews on this from other members on SR.

Right off the back, the ingredient are fully disclosed, which we wish all companies could be transparent in this age of amino spiking and wild claims. This was the first protein I have used where they included enzymes and hydration ingredient. They are 25 grams of whey Isolate protein in ProtoLyte; it is process cold process, which is ideal to keep the protein intact at the molecular level. In addition, ProtoLyte contains TRAAC, which is a combination of Magnesium, Calcium, and Potassium; a great cornerstone combination to assist the body to absorb.

Taste - I received the Vanilla Peanut Butter flavor, which was not bad, especially for those who are a fan of Peanut butter, you will enjoy drinking this done.

Mix - I mixed ProtoLyte in a couple of different liquids, water, lactose free milk, and coconut milk; the lactose free milk was the best for me, since coconut milk did not taste that great with peanut butter flavor. In water, it mixed well, very little foaming at the bottom of the shaker cup.

Dosing - I used ProtoLyte as a post work out protein (On days where I was not using another post workout product, which I was running at the end of taking ProtoLyte). In addition, I used ProtoLyte during the middle of the day on some occasion, especially on days where I hit the gym hard the day before.

As we know, sometime it hard to gauge how a protein works in our body, unless you just live off protein shakes for 30 day straights. However, with ProtoLyte, I can tell that VMI Sports' claims where apparently true! To me, my goal with ProtoLyte was to see how fast I could recover from a workout; therefore, during my run of ProtoLyte, I did 30 days of total body workouts, which can be brutal at times.

When I took my serving within 30 minutes of completing my workout, which I always wait 30 minutes after I am done, so my body can continue burning calories, is when I take any post workout supplement. I noticed 10 minutes after taking that any cramping I may have been dealing with, would subside. In addition, on days where I would take during the day, my DOMS were not as intense, especially on days where I hit legs hard the night before.

I can only compare the effects from ProtoLyte to Muscle Feast and Nutrabio, except for the hydration and digestions of ProtoLyte. Speaking of which, for those who are lactose intolerant, ProtoLyte will be your best friend. The inclusion of enzymes to assist with better digestions was great; there was no bloating or gas build up.

ProtoLyte is not your low price; let me find it on aisle 6 at Walmart; at $39.99 for 30 servings is a bit high on the price. However, if you like the Vanilla Peanut Butter flavor, you can pick it up ate Allstar-Health for $21.10 now that is a great deal for a great protein. On the other hand, if you do not like that flavor, you could find it for about $35.00 at other retail like DPS Nutrition, who is currently running a discount on all VMI Sports products

Side Effects

There were no sides, no bloating, no gas, and nothing!

Conclusion

I have to say, I was very impressed with ProtoLyte, VMI Sports has designed a great protein to help those to achieve their goals. As always, not everyone will have the same effect, but for me, ProtoLyte backed VMI Sports' claims. I understand that the price for ProtoLyte might be high for those on a budget; however, at the end of the day, you get what you pay for. I am a fan of ProtoLyte and I have placed my order at Allstar-Health for 2 tubs! Thank you again VMI Sports for the opportunity to take ProtoLyte for a ride!

June 10, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Recovery
    • Pricey

VMI Sports Nutrition was a relatively new company to me but after seeing positive reviews of their products on here, they are one that I wanted to try. I was fortunate enough to claim their protein, ProtoLyte, when it came up on the Trooper Program. I was impressed with their Agmatine product so let us see how ProtoLyte faired.

ProtoLyte is a 100% whey isolate product with electrolytes and digestive enzymes. Each scoop includes 100 calories, 0g of fat, less than 1 carbohydrate, and 25g of protein. The protein is 100% whey isolate and it is cold processed whey isolate. This means that when it is manufactured it is not heated so many of the nutrients remain intact and are not denatured. I will also note that this protein has low sodium only at 40mg. I notice that most other proteins I have in my stash have over 200 mg. Also included in one scoop is 500mg of magnesium, 300 mg of calcium, 183 mg of potassium, and 8 mg of chromium all in the TRAACS form. These chelated forms are very absorbable and bioavilable. This product is also aspartame, lactose, and gluten free, which is great. It does contain sucralose so be aware of that if that is an issue for you. Overall, the ingredient profile on this protein is one of the best I have seen. Especially that it includes magnesium (and other electrolytes) and has zero fat and only 100 calories.

VMI Sports ProtoLyte comes in four flavors. They are vanilla cake batter, chocolate fudge cookie, vanilla peanut butter, and snickerdoodle. I received the vanilla cake batter flavor. I will be honest I am not really a vanilla person but this stuff was delicious. It tasted close to the name and I did taste some "cake batter." I only mixed it with milk or almond milk so I am unsure if that taste remains in water. I will also note that when you open the container there is a mineral smell but it never affected the taste. As far as mixability goes, I used a ShakerBottle and a blender ball and it mixed quite well. It does slightly foam but it was never an issue. As far as dosing goes, I usually took one to two scoops per day (mostly two). I do two protein shakes a day with one being post workout and the other an hour before my workout.

VMI Sports ProtoLyte was definitely an effective product. I usually took it twice a day preworkout and post workout with either milk or almond milk. The major things that I noticed with it were increased hydration, better recovery, and a slight calming effect. For hydration, I recently started to do HIIT training on trails that I run. I noticed that prior to taking this product and using other protein products (PES Select, Animal Whey, Vaxxen WheyXX and Ghost Whey) before I ran, I would at times cramp. However, when taking VMI Sports ProtoLyte I noticed I was able to push a little further without cramps and I believe it was due to the electrolytes in the product. I think the electrolytes played a role and the magnesium. As for better recovery, I noticed that I was less sore than I previously was which was great. As I mentioned before, I just started HIIT training and I was quite sore from that. In addition, I added failure sets to my workouts and I was really dragging but adding in that extra protein shake from this product postworkout gave me an edge. I also noticed that when I would take this product I would have a slight calming effect. It was nothing that affected the workout negatively but a slight mood boost. I would assume that it was due to the magnesium in the product. I reached out to VMI and they said that 500mg of magnesium are in the product.

Comparing this to other protein products, I think this surpasses all others that I have taken in terms of hydration. PES Select, Animal Whey, and Ghost Whey are ones I use at times and none of them came close to Protolyte in terms of hydration. As far as better recovery goes, I think this product was on par with the others. I did not feel that my recovery surpassed what it usually is when I take a protein supplement. I will say though that taking this between the gym and trail, it did vacate my stomach quickly and I had no issues running. Previous proteins like PES Select and even Vaxxen Labs WheyXX would sit in my stomach and I would have to wait longer to run. As far as the calming effect goes, no other protein I have taken as induced a calming feeling. I have felt it before but with magnesium supplements.

The product retails for $44.99 from VMI Sports making it $1.79 per scoop. I did find this cheaper at some other stores such as Amazon, suppz, and allstarhealth. The price was about $39.99 making it $1.59 per serving. Some flavors are cheaper than others at some retailers, for example, allstarhealth has vanilla peanut butter for $21.10 bring it to $0.84 per scoop. This is an expensive protein but it has a great profile and tastes good. Comparing it to other 100% whey isolates Nutrabio goes for $1.38 per scoop. Dymatize ISO100 goes for $0.99 per scoop and Isopure is $1.93 per scoop. VMI Sports ProtoLyte is definitely on the expensive side. I think I would still pick it up as a postworkout protein shake if I could find it $35.99 and under (with coupons this is definitely doable).

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

Overall, this was a great and effective 100% whey isolate protein product. I noticed that when taking it twice a day pre/post workout I had better hydration, recovery, and a calming effect. It surpassed other proteins with hydration and the calming effect but was on par in terms of recovery. It is a little pricey but if found on sale for $35.99 I think it definitly is worth a try. I know I will be picking up some and use only one scoop post workout. I would like to thank VMI Sports for sending out the product and the Trooper Program for coordinating it.

-Xcmiler
    • Vanilla Cake Batter: 9/10

March 2, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Recovery
    • Affordable
    • Tastes Great
      VMI sports is kicking butt in the protein game with this tasty treat!. First off who doesn't love some whey isolates? I know I do and that and good blend is my choice of proteins. Through in some electrolytes and enzymes and you got a really good product.

Profile A+
      First you are getting whey isolate which is the best there is. Then you add in some digestion enzymes . Which lets me honest, if you are not digesting your protein well , you are just wasting it. So I really liked seeing this. Next they have some added bonuses to help with hydration . To be honest I feel with all those things in there and this being a light Isolate I felt this was a good PRE workout protein drink. Best part is zero sugar, zero fat, and less than 1 carb per scoop.

Taste 8.5
      I am not a big fan of snickerdoodle but this one was really tasty. I used it several morning in my waffle mix and then added some peanut butter and sugar free syrup and had a really great breakfast with this one.

Mixing. 8
      I only use a blender bottle with the whisk and as with any isolate is mixed fine , with no problems to write about really.

Effectiveness 8.8
      Not perfect as with any protein, but damn close. I love how light a isolate sits on my stomach. This one mixed easy and was easy to use. I never had stomach issues and I think I actually had better digestion overall while using this. I seemed to be getting closer to my goals in the gym weekly and I was not having that heavy protein drink feeling. I felt slim I guess you could say while I was using this. I guess the added " easy " bathroom trips was helping.
      Not saying that was a bad thing , but Protein drinks are prone to stop some people up and I feel having a digestion aid in one is needed most of the time.
      I seemed to recover well on this and I enjoyed using it.

Value. 8
      Even though this is a 25 serving tub, ( why not just add another 5 servings? ) I feel the quality and added profile ingredients are needed to justify the price. I do feel this at the 30 -35 range is a good deal. Which is where I am finding it to be across the web.

Overall
      Thank you VMI for being a part of Sr.com and letting some of us get some more gains!. I would suggest some looking for a tasty isolate to certainly look into this.!
      • Snickerdoodle: 8/10

March 1, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Better Recovery
      • Affordable
      • Quality Ingredients

Thanks to VMI for continually supporting the TROOPer program and sending out plenty of products. I claimed this because I wanted to switch up my protein flavor from the usual chocolate and snickerdoodle sounded pretty good at the time.

Protolyte is a very clean protein with almost an 85% protein content, 1g of carb, and less than 1g of fat. Anybody can fit this into their macros regardless of goals. They also added in an electrolyte and digestive enzyme complex. Now on the claims it says 5 grams of BCAAs and 4g of Glutamine, but looking at the label the scoop size is 29.** grams and protein makes up 24 so the aminos listed are ones that make up the protein and not extra supplemented in.

I received the snickerdoodle flavor and while it wasn't bad it really reminded me of another proteins cinnamon bun flavor more so than that classic snickerdoodle taste. The mixing was always pretty good when using a blender bottle and I just dosed it when I needed protein for the day.

As far as protein effectiveness goes I felt this was along par with the rest, recovery was slightly better than when I wasn't on any. My digestive system handled this very very well, I never noticed any bloating, gas or other discomfort. Now as for the added electrolytes that are part of the namesake, I really didn't notice any benefit from them. I know that electrolytes aren't going to be a hugely noticeable thing but I guess I thought I would be able to tell some kind of difference.

I seeing this at most places for an average of around $35 which for 30 servings of a protein this clean with any kind of additive is a solid deal to me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I felt this product was as effective as any of the other top proteins out on the market now and with the profile it makes it a very versatile option to people bulking or cutting. The electrolytes may be a little more beneficial to athletes doing distance or cardio work moreson than me doing pure lifting but I'm not sure. Once again thanks to VMI for sending this out and also for the large amount of samples included.
        • Snickerdoodle: 7/10

February 16, 2017

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Better Recovery
        • Mixes Perfectly
        • Tastes Great
        • Affordable
        • Quality Ingredients

Before I start I want to thank VMI Sports Nutrition once again for allowing me to review their supplements. I've seen solid results reviewing different products for them in the past and Protolye was no exception. After looking at the profile and needing protein at the time this was a no-brainer for me. During the duration of this review I was training 5-6 days a week while on a lean bulk diet.

Highlights:
          - Muscle Protein Synthesis
          - Post Workout Recovery
          - Muscle Tissue Growth & Repair
          - Weight Management

The ingredient profile is transparent and very similar to other protein powders I've used in the past. However there are some nice surprises added like TRAACS and Electolytes. TRAACS "The Real Amino Acid Chelate System" or in other easier terms.... digestive enzyme complex (Minerals & Electrolytes). The electrolytes is a nice added touch with hydration and recovery following training.

The clean profile includes: (Per Serving)
          - 100 Calories..... 0 from Fat
          - <1g Total Carbs
          - 25g Whey Isolate Protein (Whey protein isolates contain protein concentrations of 90% or higher) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3905294/

Taste - Currently there are four different flavors of Protolyte and I received the Snickerdoodle flavor. Hands down this was one of the best tasting protein powders I've ever had. This has a nice cinnamon taste that wasn't too light or overpowering "Just Right". I used this for pro-oats and pancakes and the taste remained the same through out. This is one of the few protein poweders I looked forward to drinking after training.

Mixability - There were no issues in regards to mixability..... Never had any clumping or settling at anytime. The powder is so light that it almost seemed to dissolve instantly. I didn't notice any issues either with cooking pancakes.

Dosing - There really isn't a dosing protocol for dosing, I just used when needed following training or hitting my macro goals. Following training I used 1 scoop with 6 to 8 oz of water. In regards to cooking I used one scoop per serving with oats or pancakes.

I generally judge the effectiveness of a protein powder on 2 things: Digestion and Recovery. In terms of digestion I have some problems... bloating, upset stomach using whey protein powders but I never noticed this with Protolyte. I note the TRAACS and clean profile for keeping my stomach happy throughout the duration of this review. Recovery following training was slightly increased for using a protein powder. I was still sore after heavy lifting days but not like the norm.

The cheapest value I found for a tub of Protolyte 100% Whey Isolate was on Netrition for $29.49. Per serving your looking at a price of $1.18 which isn't bad at all given the clean ingredient profile and effectiveness. If you prefer to buy from the VMI Sports website they are selling for $44.99 and if you're Military you can take 20% off.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall this is a winner for me in all areas... Transparent Label, Clean Profile, Effectiveness, 0 Sugar/Fillers. I'm looking forward to buying a few tubs and trying out the other flavors. Once again a big thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for participating in the SR TROOP Program.

February 16, 2017

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Better Recovery
          • Mixes Perfectly
          • Tastes Great
          • Quality Ingredients
          • Pricey
          Big thanks going out to the folks at VMI for the hookup on this product to the TROOPS. It's safe to say that most of us here use a protein powder in some way, shape, or form. Typically it's rare to find a protein that separates itself from the pack and stands out from the others, let's take a look to see if Protolyte could be one of those products.

Dosage: 1 scoop consumed post-workout.

Ingredient Profile (9.5/10): The profile on this product is very solid; it's pretty difficult to make any arguments against it. It starts off with the sole protein source, cold processed whey protein isolate. This process assures the integrity of the protein, and does not denature it like other isolating processes can. There is 25 grams of protein per 29.6 gram scoop, which 84.4% protein per scoop. Zero sugar, zero fat, and less than 1 carb per scoop. So overall you're getting a pure, high quality protein.

Then as if that wasn't enough, this product also contains an electrolyte (what plants crave!) and enzyme complex. The minerals (Magnesium, Calcium, Chromium) are all in the chelate form, which is the best absorbed and utilized by the body. Why does this matter in a protein? Well creating an environment post-workout where your body and muscle cells are properly hydrated and primed for nutrient absorption is a favorable position to be in to say the least.

Overall, the profile is excellent in this product and I give it very high marks.

Mixture (9/10): I was little off put by this product's appearance when I first opened it. Typically you'd expect a fine powder with a whey isolate. This however had a clumpy appearance (see attached photo), it looked more like a casein. However this did not affect the mixability surprisingly. A few shakes in a shaker cup and it was good to go. The consistency of this product does seem a little "thicker" than a normal protein would, definitely not like your typical whey isolate would be. However there were no clumps and no undissolved powder I ever discovered with this, mixture is on point.

Taste (9.5/10): I got to try out the Snickerdoodle flavor of this product, which is a flavor I've never tried before in a protein. I'm not really one for Snickerdoodle cookies, but this product however was a tasty treat! Not overpowering and a light, delicious aftertaste with some notes of cinnamon. I looked forward to getting home and downing a cup full of this protein. I would highly recommend this flavor to anyone looking at this product. I'd buy this again based almost solely on the taste!

Effectiveness (9/10): A protein powder generally is what it is when it comes to a post-workout shake. The best you're hoping for realistically is good recovery, and a way to get some quick absorbing protein and aminos in your muscles after you've wrecked them at the gym. This product did not disappoint in that regard, soreness was nearly nonexistent despite working out most of the major muscle groups twice a week. I was in a form of a "recomp" so to speak while using this, and was able to lose weight and tone up the muscles while on this. I'm not saying I made all kind of gainz of this protein, but it certainly did help my recovery and protein needs.
          Side Effects: Well I can definitely say the enzyme complex must have worked. Not to get too graphic but my bodily wastes sometimes weren't*ahem* solid after using this protein. I don't know that my stomach and intestines totally agreed with this product sometimes, but it is something to take into consideration.

Value (7/10): This is the one area I would ding this product. The cheapest place I found for this was on Amazon for $35.99 for a 30 serving tub. That's gonna hit you at $1.20 per serving, which is on the high side as far as whey protein powders go. Considering the quality of protein and the quality of the electrolyte and enzyme complex you get with this product, I won't ding it too badly for overall value.

Overall I have to say I am very impressed with this product, and will definitely snag one for myself when I see a good sale come along on it. I give this product the thumbs up and the Shinndigg Seal of Approval!