ProtoLyte 100% Whey Isolate Reviews

By: VMI Sports

(Better than 95% in Protein > Whey Protein)

ProtoLyte 100% Whey Isolate is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by VMI Sports. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Protein > Whey Protein

April 24, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Tastes Great
  • Better Recovery
  • Mixes Perfectly
  • Affordable
  • Great Macros
  • One Size Option
Hey, hey!! Let me start off by saying thanks to the folks at sr.com and VMI Sports for teaming up to allow me to try this ProtoLyte protein. Anytime I get a chance to try a protein I've never had before I get a little excited. I've had some good ones and some terrible ones. It's part of the process I guess. I've been trying to put on some size, and strength I have lost over the last few months. I started going back to a lot more cardio because I can do it anywhere. Weights, for me, have to be done in the gym because I don't have any at home. Work/life have been crazy so it's been easier to just go outside and run than lift. However, I have been back at it for a couple of months now and it's starting to come back to me.

FULLY DISCLOSED LABEL... That's my favorite kind of label. 0 fat, only 40mg's of sodium, less than 1 carb, and 25g's of protein in one scoop. I'll take it. It also gives you a few other ingredients that you may find helpful. I will attach a picture of the label to this review so that you can see all the ingredients. The BCAA profile seems to be a typical one and that's just fine with me. I like the fact that they use Non-GMO cold processed whey protein isolate as their protein of choice in ProtoLyte. It seems to be extremely clean.

I received the Vanilla Peanut Butter to try and it was pretty AWESOME to say the least. I'm not a big fan of vanilla by itself so I usually add some PB2 to it. This tasted just as good without having to add anything to it. I tried it with 2% milk, and with water. It mixed just fine with both. No clumping. I love the thickness of the shake with the milk and since I am trying to put some muscle/size back on I'm ok with the extra calories. I was adding 1-1.5 scoops in to the milk with about 8oz milk and 40z of water. With the water it was 1-1.5 scoops with about 10oz of water.

It's always hard for me to judge protein in the effectiveness category so I go based on how I recover. Am I more sore than normal? Am I the same?? Better?? That's the only real way for me to tell if it is working or not. With ProtoLyte I seemed to not be as sore as in the past. My leg days didn't seem to brutal like they did in the past. It could have been because of the increase in calories. It could have been because I was able to get more rest also. I'm sure it was a mixture of all three though. I drink plenty of water throughout the day so I didn't seem to notice the hydration it's supposed to give you either. I'm sure it does, but it's hard to notice when you are drinking a gallon+ a day. I didn't experience any GI issues. No bloating. Nothing.

The cheapest I found it was $34.99 for 25 servings. It's an Isolate that is pretty dang clean and tastes amazing so it's worth it in my opinion. You can always find cheaper proteins. However, in my humble opinion, you would have a hard time finding one cleaner, that tastes this good, and for this price or cheaper.

Side Effects

No side effects noticed.

Conclusion

In the end I want to thank sr.com and VMI Sports for giving us the chance to try a GREAT isolate protein. It tastes great. I t can help you get your daily protein intake met, and it's clean. I couldn't ask for more in a protein powder. Although I didn't notice any added strength, size gains, or overall performance gains I don't drink protein specifically for any of that. It helps me with recovery and that I did seem to notice. Overall, it gets 2 thumbs up and a solid recommendation from me. Thanks!!
  • Vanilla Peanut Butter: 8/10

Other Prices:
Optimal Nutrition   $39.99
Amazon   $39.99
VMI Sports   $49.99

April 12, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Perfectly
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Non GMO
  • Very Good Taste
  • Not Sweet
  • Slightly Higher End Price Tag

Thank you to the SR troops program and the folks at VMI Sports Nutrition, for the opportunity to try their ProtoLyte 100% Whey Isolate. I consume a whey protein daily, either isolates, protein blends etc. as a supplement to my daily protein from whole food sources.

Expectations:

That the product tastes good and does not cause any GI issues

Why I selected this product:

I selected the product because I am a daily consumer of whey protein and the non-gmo, aspartame free aspects. Also, because I have never tried a protein from VMI Sports Nutrition.

This is 100% Cold Filter Pressed Non-GMO Whey isolate

Per Serving

105 Calories
1 gram carbs
23 grams protein
Less than 1 gram of fat
1mg of cholesterol

About the ingredients:

Pretty straightforward 100% Whey Protein Isolate that has no aspartame and is gmo free

There is a TRAACS patented formula that includes chelated minerals and electrolytes

Taste 7/10:

I asked for and received (thank you) the chocolate fudge cookie flavor. It's a very light tasting (as the packaging states in the name lol), whey protein isolate in water. One can tell the flavoring is as natural as possible, not sweet at all, which wasn't a bad thing.

In whole milk, the taste is a little more pronounced, but not sweet at all. Enjoyable taste in either water or milk, depending on your marco needs.

Mixing was great in either water or milk, via a shaker cup. The product dissolved very well for me. Unfortunately, I did not try mixing it with a spoon in a glass.

Dosing:

Effectiveness 7/10

Whey protein in general is tough to gauge, in terms of effectiveness, unless it has some other ingredient like creatine for example. The product didn't cause any GI issues, which is a plus. I didn't notice any added benefits in terms of increased energy or increased muscle mass as a result. The product is just used to supplement your daily protein intake, in addition to your whole food protein intake.

A google search has the 1.6lb tub going for $34.99. An ok price, I mean you are paying for what you are getting. At this price point and 25 servings, that would be $1.39 per serving.

Side Effects

No GI side effects experienced

Conclusion

A nice clean tasting, good flavored higher end whey protein. A little pricey for my blood, however, if you're in the non-gmo crowd, this may be what you need.
  • Chocolate Fudge Cookie: 7/10

Other Prices:
Optimal Nutrition   $39.99
Amazon   $39.99
VMI Sports   $49.99

April 5, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Better Recovery
  • Mixes Perfectly
  • One Size Option

First and foremost I would like to thank VMI Sports for sending me out their product so I could try it and review it for you guys. I would also like to thank SR for providing me the opportunity and the tools so that I can share with you guys my experience. I also would like to apologise for the long wait.

I didn't really have to think about this offer long since I constantly supplement with protein. If you go to the gym and you weight 230lb you got to take a lot of protein to keep up. So when this popped up I didn't hesitate and claimed it.

So this has the standard number like most Isolate protein out there .... I would like to inform that it's Non GMO cold processed whey protein isolate.

105 Calories
<1 grams of Fat
1mg of Cholesterol
1g grams of Carbs
Protein 24g

They did add electrolytes and minerals for better hydration and recovery. They also enhanced it with digestive enzymes for improved digestion and better absorption.

I requested the Vanilla peanut butter and was not disappointed. I just wish it had a little bit more of the peanut taste. It might be a little bit sweet to some but I didn't might that much. This powder is really refined because mixing it was quick and it was very smooth when drinking. I had other Isolates but this one really stood out for it's "lightness". I usually had one scoop with 6oz because I wanted the taste to be more intense. I included rating for other flavors because I received a lot of samples.

What can I say about food ... It's good and it will help you if you count the macros. I'm not sure how the electrolytes and the minerals helped. I did on occasion indulge myself on Saturday with a little bit to much alcohol so the next day this actually came in very handy. I would assume that this protein is ideal to take right after gym. To replenish your tired body with protein, minerals and water through the electrolytes. Other than that, it's the standard protein isolate that you should supplement to make sure that you get your daily recommended value so that your muscles are fed. It didn't make me feel any better or worse compared to any other isolates that I had before.

So this only comes in a 1.6lb and 1.9lb tub which means there is not much saving on this product. I don't have to look around for long to notice that most of other isolates are way cheaper than what this product is priced at which is 40$. I noticed another product that is very popular with this site being 10$ cheaper ... I just don't see that by adding minerals and electrolytes as a sufficient enough reason for me to dish out that much more money. This whey protein isolate is non GMO so one might have to consider this since there is not many alternatives.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Excellent protein if you are looking for something different in the flavor department. The quality is definitely there and overall I like this company. The addition of minerals and electrolytes makes this product stand out as a great choice to consume right after workout. Unfortunately the price stands out like a sore thumb ... Also, why is there no offering for a bigger tub so that the consumer could save a little? I personally would probably buy this if it was on sale ... other than that I'm probably going to stick with the top contenders for this category. Although, after reading the label a little bit more in detail, this is non GMO whey. I'm thinking this is the reason why the price might be more than others. So this could be another reason why you might want to consider this over others. I thank you for reading this and wish you a blessed day.
  • Strawberry: 8/10
  • Vanilla Cake Batter: 8/10
  • Vanilla Peanut Butter: 8/10
  • Chocolate peanut butter: 8/10
  • Snickerdoodle: 8/10

March 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Great Macros
  • Pricey
  • Slightly Higher End Price Tag
--Introduction----
(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
I have been training for a while and usually like to have a protein shake right after my training sessions. I do not have time to make a breakfast and protein powders fit my lifestyle very well. I have tried many different kinds and forms throughout the years, and typically find myself coming back to the same staples. The usually involve whey protein blends with concentrates and isolates here and there depending on my goal changes. At the moment I am on slightly lower calories, so this isolate fit right in with my goals.

First of all, you gotta love the quality of this protein. It is a non-GMO cold processed Isolate with added enzymes. VMI uses an open label, which is nice to see, and you could clearly see the breakdown of the added ingredients. The only thing missing would be the breakdown of the added ingredients like flavourings and sweeteners. To be fair thought, not many powders have this.
Being an isolate, the macronutrient breakdown is very good, as expected. There are very little fillers added once you consider the weight of the added enzymes. The breakdown is as follows.

For 100 calories, and 25 grams of protein in each 29.6g scoop, this is even more protein per weight than Nutrabio's Isolate.

Serving Size: 1 scoop (29.6 grams)
Servings per container: 25

Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 175mg 17.5%
Iron 0%
Phosphorus 6%

Ingredients: Non GMO Cold Processed Whey Protein Isolate, Natural Flavors, Xanthan Gum, Sucralose, and Enzyme Blend

Taste: I was given the Strawberry flavour to try out. This would not be my flavour of choice. I tend to stick with the chocolates and peanut butter flavours. That being said, I actually really enjoyed the taste and texture of this protein. It was light and fluffy and perfect to blend into smoothies with almond milk. I don't have much experience with fruit flavoured protein powders but this was the best one I have tried yet. 8/10

Mixability: I had no issues here. Like most powders, it required vigorous shaking to get going but stayed consistent throughout with little to no graininess left behind.

Dosing: Dosing was excellent. For less than 30g of powder, you get 25g of protein. That is tough to beat. There are 25 servings in each container and that is pretty typical. like always though, I make sure to weigh out each scoop in order to stay consistent.

Effectiveness is tricky when dealing with protein powders. We all know that they are not necessary in order to achieve the results we are after. They do however, help us fill the gaps in our nutrition. Depending on your goals (cut or bulk), you need a certain amount of protein each day. Sometimes it is more convenient to use a powder to fill those needs. Other times, your calories do not let you have other forms of proteins. In that regards, this product worked as intended. It is especially suited for those with restricted calories as there are hardly and carbs or fats.

With realistic expectations, I'd say that this is a very good product. It does what it should do if you expect it to help fill in the gaps in your diet. 9/10

At the time of writing this review, it could be found in a couple of places like Tiger Fitness for $39.99. This is the same price ad Nutrabio's competitor. Its not the most economical as it works out to $1.59 her serving, bringing the total to higher than that of Nutrabio's per serving. Even thought it is a great product with a great taste, It is a little too pricey for me and I would usually choose a cheaper option. 7/10

Side Effects

No side effects.

--Conclusion----

VMI has a great tasting, very high quality protein here. It is great for those on low budget calories and to fill your daily needs. I do recommend it, thought if you can afford it.
  • Strawberry: 8/10

6.8
  March 12, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Better Recovery
  • Quality Ingredients
  • TRAACS Electrolytes And Minerals
  • Great Macros
  • Pricey

I would be willing to bet that for nearly all the contributors and readers on this website, protein powder served as a gateway into adding supplements to improve and speed up results. Years later, protein probably still holds a keystone position in your diet but you also understand that not all proteins are created equal. While the effectiveness of a protein is tough if not impossible to measure, some things are immediately noticeable-- like taste, mixability and digestibility. In VMI Sports' newest offering within the category, they've blown the lid off all of those areas and made a protein powder that anyone can appreciate. I want to thank them for being a highly active brand on SR and for giving me and the other Troops a chance to provide feedback on this product. VMI has put a lot of good things on this site for review and isn't a brand to sleep on.

VMI's Protolyte is comprised of Non-GMO Cold Processed Whey Protein Isolate along with enzymes to aid in and ensure easy digestion. Each scoop is 29.6g, of which 24g is protein. You also receive a panel of TRAACS electrolytes & minerals to aid in recovery and resolve any imbalances that can arise from losing salt when sweating.

VMI also provides a workup of amino acids that includes 5g of BCAAs and 4g of Glutamine.

Sweetener: Sucralose

This section for protein supplements is the most important, in my opinion.

In terms of taste, I received Chocolate Peanut butter along with sample of all their other flavors. The chocolate peanut butter was far and away the best protein I've ever tasted. There was no chemical taste to it whatsoever and when mixed with milk instead of water was like a full on dessert. The other flavors were great as well. I wasn't a huge fan of the orange cream, but the snickerdoodle, chocolate fudge cookie, vanilla peanut butter, and vanilla cake were all delicious.

Mixability was very good. At first I thought I was getting a few chunks but then realized they were chocolate chips. While taking this I tried mixing it with water and milk (separately) and experienced no clumping with either one. The mixing was always done in a shaker bottle without the little wire ball, so that's very impressive.

As for dosing, I kept this tub in my office for an afternoon treat. I lift in the morning and have a shake I make every morning after my lift with a lot of things put into it. It seems like a disservice to dilute the flavor of this with other things, hence the reason it lived at the office with me. It was a really clean and handy way to ensure I was on track for hitting my macros daily.

As we always seem to say, it's tough to gauge the effectiveness of a protein powder. Did I ever experience DOMS while taking it? You bet. Did I experience increased muscle mass over the 25 days I took this? Yes a little, but probably not [just] from the protein.

For me, effectiveness breaks into the way the protein fits into my overall macros and its digestibility. Macros-wise, it's tough to beat. It's an extremely clean option with 96 calories of the 105 calories per scoop coming from the protein. There's only 1g of carbs and less than 1g of fat to round out the other 9 calories.

In terms of digestibility, this was great as well. The enzymes seemed to work very well. Sometimes proteins can leave me with a slightly unsettled stomach and sometimes it can give me gas. Neither was the case here. If anything, my stomach felt better after taking it.

This is the only drawback to Protolyte. On Amazon the price is ~$40 for 25 servings. You can compare this to ~$30 for 40 servings of MyProtein isolate. That works out to $1.60/serving for Protolyte versus $.75 compared to one of their biggest competitors. However, the taste and digestibility is much better in VMI's product and MyProtein is a massive company that can probably leverage its buying power more than VMI can, as well as earn a narrower margin thanks to their volume of business.

Even though it's much more expensive, if I could afford the VMI protein I'd spring for that instead. It's a better product and I'd be supporting a growing company instead of feeding a monster.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, if you're in the market for a premium isolate that you are going to enjoy drinking on a daily basis, this is your winner. Give it a shot if you can afford it and you don't regret it. Thanks again to VMI!
  • Chocolate peanut butter: 9/10

March 11, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Increased Hydration
  • TRAACS Electrolytes And Minerals
  • Great Macros
  • Pricey
  • A Bit Clumpy In Oats

I'm currently cutting weight right now (looking to lose 20lbs), and I like to have whey shakes to keep my protein high while I keep my calories low (usually mix it w/ Fairlife so I can get 35-40g protein for about 200 calories). I've heard great things about this protein powder, so when it came to the Troops program, I claimed a tub.

We have a whey isolate, cold filter processed, and it's flavored with natural flavors and sucralose. One scoop (30g) gives us, 25g protein (5.3g BCAAs), 0g fat, >1g carbs for 100 calories. This is a very lean powder.

We also get added electrolytes/minerals for hydration (magnesium, calcium, potassium, and chromium). VMI also lists the full amino profile, which I like, and they're are added enzymes to make it easier to digest.

I got the Vanilla Cake Batter, and it was delicious, 9/10. If you ever lick the back of the spoon when making cake, then you will enjoy this flavor. It is on the sweet side, but it is not cloying.

The powder mixes thick, which I like (that's due to the added xanthan gum). However, it did not dissolve as easily as I would like. Even after I shook it vigorously, I would still get some clumps. When, I used it in oatmeal (either hot or overnight) it was too clumpy for me (killed the texture).

I used 1 scoop at a time either in a shake or stirred into yogurt.

This is a pretty great product. It was delicious. I don't think it could have fit into my macros any easier. It's basically pure protein. It was also very easy on the digestion. I was having two scoops a day at one point (one at breakfast and one before bed). No bloating/issues at all.

I also like that VMI offers a full amino profile, which makes me more confident that the product is meeting its label claims. Unfortunately, a lot of companies have spiked their protein and some companies still do. This (along with using low quality protein or bad filtration processes) are really the only things that can kill a protein powder's effectiveness. Else, it's just powdered food.

A tub usually retails for about $40 and there's 25 servings a tub, so that's $1.6/serving, which is a bit expensive. Many whey isolates go for $1.0-$1.4/serving, but if you go to All-Star Health, you can get a tub for $33-35, which brings the price down to $1.3-1.4 which is the higher side of average. They don't have all of VMI's flavors, though.

At $33, it's an easy yes, but at $40, this product is more of a luxury good, i.e. I would splurge on it every now and then but use something less expensive most of the time.

Side Effects

Conclusion

VMI did very well with this product. I would recommend it for sure.
  • Vanilla Cake Batter: 9/10

March 10, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Perfectly
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Slightly Higher End Price Tag

Firstly thanks to VMI for supporting the TROOPS.

I workout 5x per week, all high reps (20x) and supersets with minimal rest. I also do 3x30min cardio per week after my workouts, and do core on the other two days. Current BF is 8.0-8.2%

25g of non-GMO protein in each 29.6g scoop. ZERO fat! Cant really go wrong there. Kudos for VMI too for using non-GMO raw material. MyProtein does not make any non-GMP claim for its Impact Whey isolate (normally my go-to product), so i assume its not GMO. Points to VMI for that one. MyProtein also quotes <0.5g fat, so VMI again has the edge there. Overall calories basically similar after correcting for scoop weight, at around 100.

Taste of course is strongly subjective. VMI has 7 flavors, not your standard vanilla, chocolate etc, but quite cool sounding names like Snickerdoodle and vanilla cake batter, which I got. Unfortunately it was way too sweet for my liking. I am not really marking it down for that because there are lots of sweet tooths out there and most will love it. Mixing, as you would expect from an isolate, was excellent. i used it with 50/50 chilled milk and water, and although I always use a Ninja bullet blender, I have no doubt it would blend easily in a blender bottle. I used a level scoop and took it on rising each morning, and about an hour after workout (4pm): I work out 5x per week. I prefer to get some fast carbs in right after my workout - rice cakes with jam and then down a protein shake about an hour later. When I have a really hard session in the gym, plus extra cardio, I sometimes wake with a raging hunger in the middle of the night. So I made a shake with VMI isolate and a couple of scoops of ground oats. Because the VMI isolate is so easy to digest, i could get back to sleep right away.

I dont find its possible to say how well a protein powder works over a month or so, but you know that you are getting 25g of quality protein with each scoop. (OK I am taking VMI's word here since this product has not been tested on labdoor.com, but VMI is a reputable brand according to SR readers, so I have no real reason to doubt the label). I can say that it digested super easily.

AllStar Health has it for $33 (1.6lb). MyProtein sells their Impact Whey Isolate for $34.99 for 2.2lb, and MyProtein frequently has discount offers. MyProtein's isolate has 22g of protein per 25g scoop (88% protein) for unflavored, dropping to about 85% for vanilla, while VMI's is 25g in 29.6g (84% protein). On that basis its a little bit hard to justify choosing the VMI product over MyProtein (although MyProtein is a market leader in my view for quality vs price) based on price. Compared to many other products, VMI will come out well.

Side Effects

Conclusion

No doubt this is a quality product: light, fluffy and so easy to mix and digest. Not the cheapest out there but its non-GMO and made by a brand well respected here on SR. And if you have a sweet tooth the taste will be a bonus!

March 4, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • One Size Option

Big shoutout to VMI for sending me their whey protein isolate supplement to review! Thanks for participating in TROOPS as much as you do! I am a 27 year old firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my job and to build muscle / strength.

Pretty straight forward and easy label here. The protein source is 100% Non GMO Processed Whey Protein Isolate. That's great because it's definitely the best source of whey protein. Besides the whey it includes natural flavors, xantham gum, sucralose, beta carotene and enzyme blend. Those ingredients are for flavor and the enzymes are to aid in digestion. Each serving also contained 4 grams of glutamine, 5 grams of BCAA's with 2.5 grams of Leucine. There are 100 calories per serving, 25 grams of protein, less than 1 gram of carbs and 0 sugars or fat.

The taste was phenomenal! I used it with milk and it tasted just like a orange creamsicle! It was definitely a treat every single use and it held back my sweet tooth for sure. I looked forward everyday to mixing this up. I made a few milkshakes out of it too and those were just as good. It always mixed up perfect in a shaker and I never had any issues with mixability or leftover clumps. The dosing seemed average with it being a 1 scoop serving (29.6 grams) and the scooper being average sized.

I found this to be effective in several aspects. I noticed good muscle improvement and some strength gains as well. I definitely credit that to it being 100% Isolate. It definitely helped me take in the amount of protein I aimed for each day. I always drank this post workout because it felt like a reward and honestly that improved my mood a bit lol. With it only being 100 calories and no carbs it never filled me up too much. I never missed or lessened my next meal which is a plus. With the added glutamine and BCAA's I felt like my recovery went smooth and I was never too sore the next day.

The cheapest I was able to find this product was for $34.99 off of several different websites. With it having 25 servings per 2 pound tub it breaks down to about $1.40 a serving. It may be a bit pricy to some because they are definitely cheaper same size options out there. But you have to consider this is the best source of whey and the nutrient label is very impressive. So in my opinion it is worth the little extra you'll spend to get this.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects during my usage of this product.

Conclusion

Definitely 2 thumbs up from me on this one. I liked every aspect of this product. It was effective and tasted incredible. I definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a clean solid source of protein. I would definitely use this product again in the future and in fact I really can't wait to. My only complaint would be there's not too many sites with it yet and there's only one size option. Besides that thank you again VMI!
  • Orange Dreamsicle: 10/10

February 14, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Slightly Higher End Price Tag

First off I want to thank VMI Sports for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. I have tried a few of their products and really liked what I have tried so far and this was one of them I had been waiting to try also. I know this had been on the trooper list before a few times but was never able to claim it because I had other products to finish first and was not able to claim it. I was hoping this would show up again and finally it did and this time I was able to claim it. I will say I was rather impressed with this and how it worked for me.

MUSCLE BUILDING
25g pure isolate protein (5.3g BCAAs) per serving to provide your muscles all the essential nutrients to GROW!

RECOVERY
ProtoLyte's rapid digestion drives key minerals, proteins, and amino acids to sore muscles for a speedy recovery.

NUTRITION & DIET

HYDRATION
Full complement of TRAACS chelate-bonded minerals for superior hydration and performance. High protein, low calorie option to stay on track with diet for faster weight loss.

This is also Gluten free, Lactose free, NON GMO, and Aspartame free. Also 100% Cold Pressed & Filtered WPI

I always like to try something different than your normal chocolate and Vanilla flavors. I heard they had this snickerdoodle flavor and it was suppose to be pretty good so I requested that flavor. I had never had this flavor before and after using it boy was this tasty. This was very good. It was not to heavy and the taste I thought was spot on with around 16oz of water I used. If you have ever had a snickerdoodle cookie this will taste just like that maybe even a little better I think. This does not have any kind of water down taste to it at all which I figured it might have. Also with there being no sugars in this I figured the taste would be more on the light side but that was not the case at all. It had a nice rich taste to it.

Mixing was no problem at all. There was no clumping at all or any leftover powder that stuck to the bottom of my shaker bottle. I used this mainly as my post workout protein. Did one scoop each time and that was all I really needed. You could do between a scoop and a half and two scoops if I wanted but I never really felt the need to do so unless you wanted to use this as a meal replacement.

When it comes to protein I look for how well does it help with my recovery and how well does it digest in my system. I found this to be really good on improving my recovery and how I would feel the next day. I workout most everyday and try to workout around 2 hours and any kind of recovery I can get is very much needed for me. I thought my recovery on this was real good. I seemed to feel a lot better the next day. Any kind of soreness I might get was very much limited. There were times when I would really workout hard that day and then feel a little more sore than normal and this I felt really helped to speed up that recovery time a lot quicker so I would not feel that soreness as much. I know my DOMS where a lot better and because any soreness I might feel the next day was very limited and would not last very long. I think with the way I recovered really helped me perform better in the gym and helped me to increase my workouts a little more.

Overall I thought this was very good on my stomach. This never gave me any kind of gut issues at all. After drinking this I never felt real bloated at all in the stomach and I felt this digested fairly quickly into my system instead of just sitting in my stomach for awhile waiting to digest. I know that after taking this it did take away some of my appetite for awhile and made me feel more full for awhile after taking it. I think this stuff really helped me to lean up a bit more but was still able to put on a little muscle mass. When using this you don't get that real bloated like feeling or look real bloated in your muscles. It's nice to be able to put on a little more muscle mass and not feel all bloated in the stomach at the same time.

I do really like some of the extra things they put in this. The electrolytes and minerals were nice to have to help me feel more hydrated. Also the added 4g of glutamine was nice not just for some recovery but overall health also. With this time of year being bad with colds and flu anything I can take that can help with improving my immune system is nice to have.

The cheapest I could find this was on allstarhealth.com for $33.99 for 25 servings. The price for this is maybe just a little on the high side for me but not to bad. It can get a little pricey if you do more than one scoop at a time or taking this more than once though out the day. You do have to realize they do add some extra stuff in here and that will make the price go up a little more. If they could up the amount of servings to at least 30 that would help some. I know this price I found for this flavor is a lot better than what a lot of other sites want for this.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

Overall I think they did a really good job with this product and have a pretty solid protein product. I don't like it sometimes when companies try to make big claims as to what their product can do if you use it and then not be able to back it up. With this company I think they did a really good job at backing up their claims as to what they say this will do and deliver on that. This maybe be a little pricy for some people but in the end it really holds up to the claims and value and is a much better product than I thought it would be. I was really pleased with this product and would for sure use it again and recommend other people give this a try. What I liked most about this is the muscle mass I was able to gain and not have all the bloating to go with it makes me know they did a really good job at making this a very effective product. Again I want to give a big shout out to VMI Sports for making this product and letting me have the chance to give it a try.
  • Snickerdoodle: 9/10

February 13, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Better Recovery
  • Mixes Perfectly
  • Affordable
  • Slightly Higher End Price Tag

Shout out to VMI sports for a good protein powder product. I am doing another review on protein powder. This one has some good benefits.

This is a 100% whey isolate with other added ingredients.

Per serving
100 calories
25g Non-GMO protein
Carbs 1g
Dietary fiber 0g
Sugar 0g
Cholesterol 1mg
BCAA's 5.3g

There is 4g of glutamine, 2.5g of leucine and is aspartame free. It also has many vitamins. Protolyte added some electrolytes and enzymes which is not found in all protein shakes. Great ingredients with some added things make this a good protein powder. What I like most is the break down of each ingredient, so we know exactly what is in it and how much. For example, they break down all the amino acids and BCAA's individually so you can see what you are taking in. All protein powders do contain amino acids but not all have this much and it is not always this detailed. I give the ingredients a great ranking.

Protolyte has several options to choose from for flavor. I was able to get this in snickerdoodle which was great as I felt it tasted like a snickerdoodle cookie. It says to mix one scoop with water or a milk based product. The taste, mixability, and dosing were nice so there were no issues there. I give this a good rating.

This was a very effective protein. The nice thing is that it came with not only whey isolate but also has electrolytes, minerals, and enzymes. This made it a much more effective protein. I was able to stay hydrated and had a good recovery following a workout. Sometimes protein shakes can make her stomach a bit upset but that was never an issue with Protolyte. It was a good product and very effective. I give this a good rating.

I was able to find the 30 servings tub as low as $35 but it also went as high as $60. At $35 for 30 servings, you're getting this for $1.17 per serving. This is a bit higher than some other protein products out there but since it does have added ingredients, it would be worth the value. I'm gonna give this a middle to a high-ranking.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I feel that this was a productive protein powder. The ingredients were good, especially since it added some more items. The taste was wonderful. No problems with mixability or dosing. The effectiveness was right on point. The price was a little high for me but it does come with some other ingredients so that makes it worth the money. I give this a good rating overall and would recommend it.
  • Snickerdoodle: 10/10