(Better than 57% in Protein > Whey Protein)

PRICES (12)
(4 sv) - [$1.87/sv]

Vitamin Shoppe

(4 sv) - [$1.87/sv]

Amazon

Whey Tech Pro 24 is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by BodyTech. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Protein > Whey Protein

September 14, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Build Muscle
  • Great Price

If you workout, you need protein. If you don't workout, you need protein. For myself, I'm always looking for the best bang for my buck, especially when it is something I buy on the regular.

Whey Tech Pro 24 contains 24 grams of protein that is a combination of whey protein isolates and concentrates. WTP has the standard BCAA profile of leucine, isoleucine and valine with no additional BCAAs. It also only has 1g of fat and 3g of carbs per serving. Included in WTP is Aminogen which is supposed to aid in absorption.

1 Scoop contains 24 grams of protein. I typically take 1.5 servings every morning/evening on non-workout days along with an additional 1.5 servings once or twice a day. On workout days, I take 2 servings after my workout, 1.5 servings twice during the day, and 1.5 in the evening. Mixability is pretty good as long as you use milk. It does not seem to blend as well with water, no matter how much water I use. The taste is great. My two favorites are Rich Chocolate and Chocolate Mint. The Vanilla is OK but I have not tried the Strawberries and Cream. I did try the Red Velvet and Mocha and was not impressed so I will be sticking to my top two at this time.

The effectiveness of taking protein is hard to judge IMO. Of course I can tell when I am not taking any protein at all but as long as I am taking my protein, I feel like my body/muscles are getting enough protein and benefiting from it as it should. Compared to one protein to the next, I have not noticed a difference other than the taste.

Now this is why I buy this protein. Normal price is $50 for 5lbs. However, twice a year (typically April and September) Vitamin Shoppe offers BOGO 50% and if you watch they also include an additional 20% if you spend more than $100. So twice a year, I stock up on my protein to get me thru to the next sale. It is very rare I find a better deal then this so this is the protein I drink 98% of the time.

Side Effects

As with any protein, if you intaking a lot you can become a little gassy and it's not the most pleasant smell lol. Other than that, I have not had any sides on this protein. I have had stomach issues from other kinds from time to time but not this.

Conclusion

In conclusion, with protein being a staple of your workout, I highly recommend Whey Tech Pro 24 especially when you can catch it on sale. With the amount of grams per serving and the great taste with no clumping, it'll be hard to beat.
    • Cookies and cream: 6/10
    • Rich Chocolate: 8/10

Other Prices:
    Amazon   $7.49

August 29, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:

This is my 1st review so a little bit about myself. I'm currently 29yrs old, been lifting for 11 years. My friend referred me to this site a while back while looking for a new pre-workout. My fitness goals have changed over the years, but for now I am trying to get down to around 200lbs with 15% body fat. I'm currently at 219lbs with 25-30% body fat while standing 6'00".

Whey Tech Pro 24 gets you a high quality whey at 24g of protein in a serving. This product has a blend of Whey protein isolates, concentrates and peptides. What i really like is that there is only 1g of sugar in a serving, so if you are trying to watch carbs then it great for you. The other thing that a lot of other proteins powders dont have that the Pro Tech 24 has is a rich mixture of BCAA's like leucine, isoleucine, and valine.

I have had a few different flavors that were just OK such as, Cookies and Cream, Red Velvet, and Vanilla. But the Rich Chocolate takes the cake. It really does taste great. So good in fact, my kids think it is better than chocolate milk made with hershey syrup. The mixability of the powder is great, i dont ever get any clumps or lumps after being shook in a mixer bottle. The only one that clumped a little (really just stuck on the sides kind of) was the cookies and cream cause of the cookie pieces. Dosing is recommended at 1 scoop per serving, but i like to make it a heaping scoop.

I have found this product works pretty well when it comes to good recovery after a rough workout. With the mixture of the proteins and the BCAA's, its great for a Pre and post workout drink. As far as building muscle mass, it is just OK.

Buying this at VitaminShoppe.com was they way to go for me as i had a BOGO 50% off coupon and saved a good deal of money. It is not super expensive to begin with, but i am a bargain shopper. But right at $50 for 5 lbs of protein is a great deal most anywhere. Especially getting 74 servings in the container, it lasts a little more than 2 months for me.

Side Effects

No weird side effects that i can think of.

Conclusion

All in all this is a great product for your everyday lifter that is not looking for extreme results, but still wants a good healthy recovery drink.
      • Rich Chocolate: 9/10