(Better than 16% in Protein > Whey Protein)

PRICES
Check Amazon for Whey Protein Isolate:
Whey Protein Isolate is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by Precision Engineered. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Protein > Whey Protein

June 22, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Mix-ability

Hello, I'm a 39 gym rat that is trying to get more lean mass while shedding extra pounds. I figured I spend a little more money on protein isolate so that I can get my protein quicker to my body after working out. I noticed this protein powder while passing Vitamin World and noticed a big sign 2 for the price of 1 ... could not resist.

Very simple whey protein isolate profile. For 36 grams of scoop you get 30 grams of protein. With those proteins you also get 140 Calories, 1.5 gram of Fat, 2 grams of Carbohydrate and 20mg of cholesterol.

With the 36g you also get a buku load of aminos:

1L-Threonine 2,021 mg
1L-Tryptophan*** 486 mg
L-Tyrosine 846 mg
1L-Valine 1,699 mg
***L-Tryptophan is naturally occurring, not added.

Honestly I'm not sure what that last line mean ... Does this mean they added other aminos?

I bought the Vanilla flavor and I wasn't impressed. I have tried another product and the vanilla taste was much better than this in my opinion. I can't tell what was missing but it just wasn't perfect or rather I should say I had better.

This protein like every other protein isolate mixes well and quick. I don't like to add a lot of milk so usually it's hard to mix the standard protein for me. This does not apply with Isolate and this product, it quickly dissolves and it's ready to drink after just few shakes.

I usually took a one scoop right after my workout. To help replenish my body and help with the DOMS.

It's hard to say how much this product helps with gains and muscles. As for as DOMS are concerned I didn't notice anything out of ordinary. It does as good as the others since nothing significant happened to me after taking this.

So, this is the most important part for me personally. I paid for this 50$ for the two tubs at that bargain I can say that this is very competitive with the other protein isolates. For now let's do the math ... we get 25 servings of 30 grams of protein which comes out to 750 grams of protein per tube. At the price of 25 bucks this comes out to .03333 per gram of protein. In my previous review one of the competitors costed exactly the same. Although the competitor was not on sale and it was it's regular price. If we consider the regular price this protein shake at the price of 40$ comes out to .05333 per gram, ouch!.

Side Effects

I did not experience any side effects from taking this product. No increased bloating or what I experience often, flatulence.

Conclusion

I bought I tried and I'm moving on. Let's say I had the ability to buy this item on sale all the time. I would still pass because of the taste. To me there are three things important about whey protein. 1) It's not spiked 2) Price and lastly 3) taste ... I'm not sure about the first rule regarding this product since it's really hard to say, but I'm sure that second and third rule is sub par compering to others.
  • Vanilla : 8/10

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

April 11, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Mix-ability
  • Makes Great Shakes
    Hey SR, this is my first review on here, always looked around the site just never posted, so here it is!

I have been using Precision Engineered Whey Protein Isolate for quite some time now and it has yet to fail me. I'm on my forth tub and use it as an immediate post workout on any lifting days, generally I do 5-6 days on the weights and 20-30 mins of cardio 3-4 times a week. So on to the review:

Effectiveness (9) – Like I said, this is my fourth tub and over the past few months I have made some noticeable gains, not all directly related to the protein itself but with 140 calories per scoop (1g fat, 3g carbs, 30g protein) it has definitely contributed to making some lean gains, not to mention 36gs of BCAAs.

Value(8) – At around $36 for a 25 serving tub (1 scoop serving) it is a great value, there may be some cheaper alternatives out there, but I like to play it safe with a protein I know I can drink nearly anytime without dreading it. As a college kid on a budget I feel that it is worth the $$$.

Mix-ability(9) – With milk or water this protein mixes great, using a shaker cup or blender its never chunky and is smooth, there is a very slight consistency as if you could feel like small grains of unmixed powder flow if you drink it immediately after mixing it, hense why I mix mine and let it sit in the fridge then there is no consistency issues(I'm just picky when it comes to proteins though, could just be me)

Taste(9) – I have had both chocolate and vanilla, and most of the time I have to force myself to guzzle down protein, but not with this, I love it either just shaken or even adding a scoop of peanut butter or banana and blending it, regardless of how you mix it and with what it has a great base taste, I still prefer chocolate though.

Overall(9) - I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for an additive to a lean high protein diet whether it be a cut or recomp(I'm currently on a recomp), this can help to contribute to lean gains over time.

Advertisement: