Whey Protein Isolate Reviews

By: NutraBio

(Better than 98% in Protein > Whey Protein)

Whey Protein Isolate is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by NutraBio. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.
ARTICLES (2)

Protein > Whey Protein

December 21, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Fillers
  • Super Clean Protein
  • Mixes Well
  • Lactose And Gluten Free
  • Dissolves Effortlessly
  • Delicious!
  • Amino Acid Profile

First of all many thanks to the Troops Program and to Nutrabio for giving me the chance to try this.

110 Calories
    Fat 0g
    Carbs 1g
    Protein 25g

You get 25g Whey Protein Isolate on a 29.16g scoop along with almost non-existent fat and carbs...If you are on a strict diet this will help you with your goals. Very clean protein overall...I like the fact that they have the full amino profile of their protein and they even state the amount of flavoring they use which is always apreciated.

I had the Cinnamon Bun which was pretty tasty.
    Mixability was great with little effort like you would except with Isolates.
    Dosing was 1 scoop in the morning...

What i look for a protein is to help me achieve my macros and Whey Protein Isolate definitely helped me. The other things that i look from one quality protein is the three No's....I had no bloat, no stomach discomfort and no diarrhea...Also it doesn't sit on my stomach for a long time neither deterred me from eating in a short period which is great because sometimes Protein powders curb my eating habits in the morning.

The 5lbs tub costs 80 dollars for 77.77 servings (Cinnamon Bun). 1.02 dollars per serving is a bit expensive but this is a quality protein from a reputative company.

Conclusion

Overall a tasty Protein Isolate with no side effects to mention along with transparency. Helped me achieve my diet goals easily. Thanks for reading my review. Bye.
    • Cinnamon Bun: 9/10

Other Prices:
    Vitamin Shoppe   $39.99
    Suppz.com   $39.99
    Amazon   $39.99

December 20, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Fillers
    • Super Clean Protein
    • Mixes Well
    • Dissolves Effortlessly
    • Delicious!
    • A Bit Pricey

First and foremost I would like to thank NutraBio for sending me out their product so I could try it and review it for you guys. I would also like to thank SR for providing me the opportunity and the tools so that I can share with you guys my experience.

This is one of the first products I tried from NutraBio ... Although I heard a lot about this company I didn't get a chance to buy or claim anything from them, until now. When I noticed protein offering I didn't hesitate ... top notch company ... protein isolate ... yes please.

NutraBio is big on transparency ... that includes their protein. They have gone through a length of evidence to prove that their protein is legit. That gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling knowing that I'm being taken care of and do not need to worry about what I'm consuming. Here are the numbers.

110 Calories
    less than 5mg of cholesterol
    2 grams of Carbs
    Protein 25g

What I like also about this label and how transparent this company is, is that the label says that there is actually 28.75 grams of whey protein isolate which yield 25 grams of complete protein ... They also list the exact amount of the fillers that they add for flavoring.

So I got the Chocolate Peanut butter flavor and I absolutely LOVED IT! Seriously ... this is the best tasting protein I ever had to this date. I usually mix my protein with Pea milk, and pea milk is thicker than most other milks. So when this powder mixed with pea milk it fused into a shake that almost tasted like a moose ... It was something similar to a pudding but less watery ... I'm telling you guys ... it's heaven ... I have also tried this with almond milk it was just as good but didn't have that depth ... lastly I mixed it with water and didn't enjoy it ... with water it felt like drinking melted peanut butter Reese's candy, it was just too sweet, zero thickness, I didn't like it that much.

This protein like almost any other protein supplement helped me out with filling my macros. I like protein isolate because it doesn't "sit" on your stomach and it's very light. You can even take this pre-workout and not worry that it might interfere with your workouts. It was very easy to digest and didn't sit on my stomach at all. It wasn't filling like other protein blends but I didn't expect that from Isolate. I just wanted something that will instantaneously replenish my protein storage right after a workout.

I found this for 40$ for a 2 lb tub, while the 5 lb tub is 80$. This comes down to 1.33$ per serving on the 2lb and 1.08$ per serving on the 5lb tub. Quality unfortunately is pricey .. but the value is there. This really is the high end of the supplement manufacturing. I feel like nutrabio is the Royce Royce of the supplement world. I usually calculate how much does one protein cost ... because sometime you have a serving but it might contain more protein than another serving from a different company. But, now that I have learned that there is protein total and "complete protein" I'm curious if everyone just shows their total ... I'm guessing they do .. so I'm going to calculate the full protein ... so we have 29.5 servings times 28.75 that comes down to .049 cents per protein. It's not a bad price ... but it definitely is not the least expensive protein. Personally value should be assessed individually ... what has more value to you ... quality or quantity ... I personally think there are other offers out there that have better price and almost the same value so my rating will be a little bit lower.

Side Effects

None, this was very easy protein to digest.

Conclusion

Real tasty treat for anyone looking to spend a bit more money for taste and quality. I personally would probably go somewhere else because I'm just that frugal. But, if this goes on sale or there will be a bargain for it I will jump on that offer like lightning. The taste is amazing and I would like to dish out a little more money to be able to enjoy it again. I'm definitely impressed by the quality NutraBio offers and I understand why people would be praising this company. Although, I tend to be more frugal with my money and tend to try to get the most of my buck. I feel there are better opportunities out there to get almost the same quality for a little bit better price. I want to thank you for reading this and hope you enjoy the holidays.

Marry Christmas!
    • Chocolate peanut butter cup: 10/10

Other Prices:
    Vitamin Shoppe   $39.99
    Suppz.com   $39.99
    Amazon   $39.99

December 13, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Fillers
    • Super Clean Protein
    • Mixes Well
    • Lactose And Gluten Free
    • Zero Fat And Carbs
    • A Bit Pricey
    • Light On Taste

Hello all, sorry for the delay on this review, 'tis the season of finals for a college student and I'm finally all caught up and can start getting some reviews done. I want to first thank both SP and NutraBio for providing me with a full container of their Chocolate Peanut Butter 100% Whey Protein Isolate. This was a pretty decent protein, I know that NutraBio has some very nice products and their protein was one that I needed to try.

A very plain ingredient profile, if you know NutraBio they don't like to put anything in their product that doesn't need to be there.

3g Fat
    2g Carbs
    -1g Dietary Fiber
    25g Protein
    They include that there is actually 28.74g of whey protein isolate that will yield to 25g of protein

This is a very acceptable nutritional split for an isolate. 25g is a very good amount of protein although, being 200+ lbs and intensely train 4-6 days a week, I would still double scoop my protein whenever I took it.

I've mixed this with both water and milk, so I'll give an assessment of both of them

Taste (water): I had the chocolate peanut butter flavor which was not bad at all, but I was kind of disappointed I couldn't taste much of the peanut butter
    Taste (milk): The taste kinda reminded me of a chocolate peanut butter ice cream's, but one of those that was way more chocolate than peanut butter

Mixability (water): I didn't have a problem with it mixing with water, it all seemed to mix thoroughly in 12oz
    Mixability (milk): It definitely was a harder time getting it to mix all the way in milk. After I finished drinking it there would always be small bits of undissolved protein at the bottom of my bottle

Dosing: I would take 2 scoops of protein post workout and and mix it in 12oz of milk or water

While taking this product I noticed a progression of clean, lean muscle gain. I don't typically keep track of my numbers, but while taking this protein I hit a proud PR on bench press of 225 for 18 reps. *self-five* which before starting I was maxing that rep range out at about 14. I didn't gain nor lose any weight while taking this product either, but I was able to remain lean and make gains that I was able to see in the mirror and necessarily on the scale. As far as recovery, there wasn't any anything that gave me reason to think that did anything special to my recovery time compared to previous proteins i've had, so I'd say there was a standard recovery time.

On BodyBuilding.com, a 2lb container is $39.99 coming out to $1.38 per serving

Side Effects

Conclusion

In all, I was very pleased with this product. It got the job done and helped me achieve decent growth while remaining somewhat lean. It's not too bad of a value either, so I would look into buying this again at some point.

9.2
      December 7, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Fillers
    • Super Clean Protein
    • Mixes Well
    • Zero Fat And Carbs
    • Digests Easily
    • A Bit Pricey
    • Light On Taste

38 years old and I lift 4 days a week. I am a fan of NutraBio products so when I saw the opportunity to try out their Whey Protein Isolate, I had to check it out. Special thanks to NutraBio and SR for allowing me to try and review this product. At 240 pounds I tend to require a lot of protein intake per day, so I like to keep a good Protein on hand to help meet my daily needs.

As with all of their products we have a completely transparent profile here. Each scoop is 30.53g and I did verify this by weighing a scoop. What I really like is that NutraBio tests all of their products and you can download the lab results by Lot number, I included a picture of the results that my lot number yielded.

For the macros, each scoop nets you 110 calories, 2g Carbs, 0 fat and 0 sugar. The non-denatured Whey Protein Isolate is 28.74g of WPI90 yielding 25g of protein. As well this protein is cold processed, CFM cross flow and micro and ultra-filtered.

This contains milk, so if you are allergic steer clear of this. You also get 5.3g of BCAAs to aid in recovery. High quality ingredients and processing techniques making for a very clean Whey Protein Isolate.

Taste: I recieved the Cookies & Cream flavor and it was okay. I did not really have a big cookies n cream taste to it, and tasted kind of boring honestly, but was super easy to drink and did not taste bad at all.

Mixability: No issues here, I always mix my protein with 8-10oz of Water, shake it up in a shaker and drink. There was no foaming or any crazy residue left on the bottom after I finished this.

Dosing: On workout days I took this twice a day, pre and post workout, and on non-training days I took this once a day usually mid-afternoon as a snack to fill my protein gap.

I gauge my protein based off digestion and how it fills me up. This digested very easily and never sat at the bottom of my stomach or anything. Being an Isolate, this is what you would expect, and it made it nice to give me some protein prior to workout and not end up giving me a stomach ache. This would fill me up for about an hour, which worked out well for me since it tends to be about an hour or so between finishing my workout and eating breakfast. I did not expect this to keep me full being an Isolate and all, but it did a pretty decent job. Other isolates I have had in the past would just leave me hungry in 10 minutes. So all in all, I was very happy running this.

It looks like this is priced the same on a variety of websites out there and that is $39.99 for 30 servings. That comes out to $1.33 per serving, which is a bit steep. Your paying for high quality here, and for something that is tested, with nothing to hide. There are other options with similar profiles for cheaper, it all just depends on what is important to you when gauging the value here. Nutrabio gives me a discount for being active duty military which I appreciate, so if you are active duty then get a hold of the company for your discount.

Side Effects

Conclusion

While a bit pricey, NutraBio's products have nothing to hide. You can guarantee that there are no GMO ingredients or amino spiking or whatever other shady practices are out there. NutraBio gives you piece of mind as well as a quality Whey Protein Isolate here. I have been happy with just about every NutraBio product I have tried thus far, and this Isolate reminded me of why I like this company so much. I highly recommend this product if you are looking for a nice clean Whey Protein Isolate to help you achieve your goals, no matter if you are cutting or recomping. Thanks again for this opportunity.
    • Cookies & Cream: 5/10

December 3, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Fillers
    • Super Clean Protein
    • Lactose And Gluten Free
    • Good Price
    • I Use It Daily
    • Dissolves Effortlessly
    • Light On Taste

Whats up SR, my first review in a little while. I chose to review this product as with my busy training and work schedule sometimes its hard to meet my nutrition needs and a protein shake is a perfect solution when Im on the go. My training is early morning Hypertrophy based but is beginning to lean towards a powerbuilding style with lots of heavy compound movements. I also train boxing and muay thai in the evening, so sometimes its hard to get all of my nutrients in. Shoutout to Nutrabio and the Trooper program for hooking this up!

This may be the easiest ingredient profile I have ever broken down. This product is exactly what it says it is, 100% whey protein isolate (non-denatured). Other then that you have some very basic flavourings and thickening agents. Very impressed with this, I love seeing a simple profile, clearly no amino spiking, big points for a label like this. I'll include a photo of the label for reference.
    The Marcos are:
    Protein: 25g
    Fat: 0
    Carbs: 2g

Very standard Macro breakdown.

The mixability is fantastic, much like many other isolate it mixes very easily and does not leave clumps or floaters. As it is an isolate, the texture is relatively "thin", which I personally do prefer. I personally dosed it at 2 scoops per serving but did also try a single scoop.
    The flavour is where this lost points for me. I received the Cinnamon Bun flavour, upon receiving my tub I immediately opened it and was shocked by how great it smelled. It smelled as though I had just walked into a Cinnabun. Wow was I excited to try this, threw a scoop in my shaker with a little water and... Nothing? It tasted like nothing, a very weak vanilla flavour with a cinnamon smell but zero cinnamon taste. Unfortunately at a 2 scoop serving the results were the same, extremely bland and left me very disappointed. I fiddled with the amount of water I used, from a small amount to a full shakers worth of water and every time was left drinking the same under flavoured protein shake. To be fair the flavour isn't bad, its mainly just non existent. Very disappointing after how great it smells. As someone who looks forward to a good tasting shake while dieting there is no bigger let down.

The effectiveness of a protein powder is very hard to gauge. As most of us know results come down to diet and training, this product did help me meet my diet needs and therefore I can say that it was effective as a meal replacement and it helped me hit my protein requirements for the day. I also had zero stomach issues on this product which is a major plus and found it very easy to digest. Dosed at 2 scoops per serving this is an effective isolate protein that can be used as a post workout shake or a meal replacement if stuck in a jam. This is also lactose and gluten free, thus making it a very viable option for people who must avoid either.

This retails for $39.99 on average, with it being around 30 scoops per 2lb tub you are looking at $1.33 per serving, not bad for a well put together isolate of a very high quality. Like most proteins you get what you pay for, and for a quality as high as this product, you can expect to pay. Also like other proteins, the dollar value is better in a larger tub, so keep that in mind if considering this product.

Side Effects

No side effects, no stomach issues.

Conclusion

In conclusion this product is exactly what it says it is, a high quality isolate protein, with a great macro profile this is a fantastic option for post workout shakes and to help make the most of those hard workouts. However the flavour was such a let down that I struggle to really give this product a raving review, maybe the other flavours are better? But after reading other reviews it seems that many of the other options may be lacklustre as well. If you make a post workout or morning smoothie this may be a great option as it does not have a strong enough flavour to over power and could work well with fruits and other ingredients. Overall the product is very solid and is a clean protein which means it will be effective in helping you hit macronutrient goals and aid in recovery, but the flavouring lacked severely so for that reason it loses a lot of points in my books.
    • Cinnamon Bun: 3/10

November 22, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Fillers
    • Super Clean Protein
    • Mixes Well
    • I Use It Daily
    • Open Label
    • A Bit Pricey
    Nutrabio whey isolate

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
    I have been training for most of my life, as regularly for the past 4 years. I have made it a habit to consume a protein shake after every training session. The result of this is the fact that I have used MANY different protein powder supplements over the years. I have used anything from simple whey concentrate, to isolates, to blends and caseins. I have found what I enjoy over the years, and often times it is not the most expensive option. That being said, depending on the time of year and where I am at in my training, I sometimes prefer higher calorie or carb powders over lower calorie ones. This also helps the wallet a little as these are usually less expensive. When using the 100% whey protein isolate from Nutrabio, I was nearing the end of a reverse diet cycle, which means that I was consuming a higher amount of calories than usual. This product fit in niceness and allowed me to vary my carb sources more as there were virtually none present in a serving.

Here is my review.

----Ingredient Profile--
    Nutrabio, as per usual, went all out with clarity and open label. Everything is included in detail and nothing is left to the imagination. Not only is the protein sources listed, but it is listed in its entire amount and the total yield of the protein. There is no guessing at where the 25g of protein comes from. Following their quality guidelines, they even include how the protein is extracted, which of course is of the highest standards. Everything, right down to the amounts of flavouring and thickeners are listed. You can be sure that there are no unnecessary fillers here.

As for the macronutrients, they are nothing less than stellar. Being an isolate with very little fillers, the protein content per scoop is pretty high, at 25g. That is followed by a pretty low carb total of 2g. There is no fat listed on the label since there is no fat present per serving.

For 110 calories and 25g of protein, this is a great option, especially for those in a caloric restriction.

Serving Size: 1 scoop/4.75tbsp (30.53grams)
    Servings per container: 29.7
    Magnesium 22mg
    Sodium 102mg
    Potassium 158mg

Whey Protein Isolate (non-denatured) 28.74g
    -(28.74 grams WPI90 yielding 25 grams of complete protein)(CFM cross flow micro and ultra filtered. Cold pressed. Instantized with sunflower lecithin)

Other Ingredients: Flavouring (natural flavour 750mg, natural cocoa 500mg, xanthin gum 350mg, salt 110mg, sucralose 80mg).

Taste: I'll start off by saying that cookies and cream is not my go to flavour of choice. I usually find them lacking in taste. This one from Nutrabio is decent. It did not have any weird taste like some I have tried. It is not heavy on the flavour however. This is probably due to the fact that there is very little extras added, which to me, is only a good thing. You may need to work at finding the perfect ratio of liquid to powder. I found that less liquid than usually was needed in order for the cookies and cream flavour to be tasted. Once I figured that part out, there was not much to complain about. It was definitely not difficult to get down. 7/10

Mixability: This worked as your typical protein powder. It is not like a pre workout where you shake a few times and you're good to go. You need to shake it for a good 20-30 seconds. I never really found this an issue as I blend all of my shakes with ice. But I did want to try it out for the sake of this review.

Dosing: 30.53g is the serving size, providing 29.7 servings per container. Those are pretty specific numbers and I give kudos to Nutrabio for being so detailed and diligent. However, I did not worry about the .grams. I always use a scale to measure out my protein and aimed for 30g per servings. I can say that it did give me about 29-31 servings.

Effectiveness is always a little tricky to review in a protein supplement. People will use protein powders for various reasons. Some may use it just to reach their protein numbers for the day instead of whole foods or when whole foods are not available or convenient. In this case, I would say that it is quite effective as it definitely does help in reaching that goal. Others may use it in baking in order to boost the protein value of certain baked goods. In this area, I found that it reacted like any other whey protein. Some people may be looking to gain weight and like to have a liquid supplement in order to reach their goals. This could help by not keeping to full so that they can add in other calories later. In this regards, it works quite well as it is fast digesting and leaves room for other calories. I'd say that most people who use this whey isolate are probably using it around training, which is how I used it. Whether or not you believe in the anabolic window, it is still nice to make sure that you get in your protein and carbs to fuel your workout and to replenish afterwards. This protein is absolutely perfect for that as it is of the highest quality, is quick digesting, and has the highest biological value. These are all important for muscle protein synthesis. Will you see extraordinary gains beyond what you would if you used another protein or whole foods, probably not. But you can be rest assured that you are not selling yourself short by using this product.

In doing what it claims to do, with realistic expectations, I would rate the effectiveness as a 10/10

--Value----
    At the time of writing this review, every web site I consulted had it listed at $39.99 for a 2 pound tub. This works out to $1.34 per serving. It is definitely not the most economical protein out there, that is for sure. In order to determine the value, you would have to assess the importance you weigh on the highest quality of ingredients and the openness of the brand vs the actual benefits you will see from taking it over others. For my personal beliefs, I would rate the value at a 7/10. I like the quality and trust the company, but more often than not, my wallet would have me looking at cheaper alternatives.

----Side Effects--
    None to speak of for me, although those with lactose intolerance may have some issues.

--Conclusion--

There is no denying that Nutrabio makes great quality products. I personally trust the brand and believe that they are doing good for the supplement industry. In terms of protein powders, you will not find a higher quality product than this. The taste is ok if used in a decent ratio to liquid. It is quite pricey but that price may be something you would want to pay for such a product.
    • Cookies & Cream: 7/10

November 22, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Fillers
    • Super Clean Protein
    • Mixes Well
    • Zero Fat And Carbs
    • Good Price
    • I Use It Daily

Shout out to NutraBio for another fully disclosed product! This is my 2nd NutraBio product to try. I took this in conjunction with their Muscle Matrix Protein. This is actually my first stand alone isolate protein to ever take. Which thinking to myself now is pretty crazy considering I have been taking protein for 14 years now.

As typical of NutraBio, they have a very clean/straightforward ingredient profile. Unlike a lot of other products, their products are FDA inspected and GMO free. At 110 calories and only 1g of carb per serving, this protein provides 25g of whey isolate protein. Whey isolate protein has a higher protein content and lower in carbs than standard whey. It is the purest form of whey and contains all the essential amino acids your body needs.

I sampled the cookies n cream in this product as well. Same thing for the tastehad a slightly different taste than normal cookies n cream, but not in a bad way. Just not as cookie n creamy as I was expecting. Serving size is 1 heaping scoop. I took 1 scoop in the morning mixed with milk and then 1.5 scoops mixed with water after my workout. The product seemed to mix pretty well with basically little to no clumping. I did not notice much of a difference in mixability between the water and milk.

As I stated in my other review, I wish protein had a different section other than effectiveness to fill out. It is so hard to judge. It kept me full until my mid-morning snack/meal so I was happy!

As for value, I found this online for $40. This price point seems to be right in-line with other whey protein isolates I found. So for such a clean product, I would say the value is pretty high.

Side Effects

I had absolutely no side effects while taking this product which is probably typical for most individuals.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I thought NutraBio has a solid product with the combination of a great profile, good taste and mixability. The price was right on point with others so if you are someone that is looking for a good isolate to take, I would highly recommend this one. I was very pleased with my first take on a whey isolate.

July 16, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • No Fillers
      • Super Clean Protein
      • Mixes Well
      • Dissolves Effortlessly
      • A Bit Pricey
      • Sucralose
      A big thanks going out to the fine folks out at Nutrabio for the hookup on their products to the TROOPs. Special thanks also for the hookup on a shaker cup and informational reading on the products they sent out, very legit.

I had the opportunity to sample several of Nutrabio's products, this review is going to go in on their 100% Whey Protein Isolate:

Dosage

One scoop taken either first thing in the morning, or post-workout. As noted in a prior review of GTN's Whey Protein, I was in an alternating pattern with that product as well at this one. For example if I took the Nutrabio whey in the morning, I would take GTN's whey post-workout and then alternate the pattern the following day.

Ingredient Profile (9.5/10)

A big bonus to Nutrabio for what is probably the most comprehensive and detailed labels in the supplement business. At 25 grams of protein per 30.53 gram scoop (for the Cookies and Cream flavor), this product comes in at nearly 82% protein per scoop, a very good ratio. The protein source is cold processed and filtered whey protein isolate, which is the best kind of whey protein one can get in my opinion. This process ensures the integrity and quality of the protein, and does not denature the product during processing. Zero grams of fat and only two carbs per serving makes this is an ideal protein for the macro-conscious consumer. This product does utilize sucralose for those concerned with the sweetner and flavoring methods used. Overall, a very high quality product that is fully transparent in its content disclosure, big ups to Nutrabio for that.

Mixture (9/10)

It really doesn't get much easier than mixing this product. I typically used a shaker cup with 8-10 ounces of water and it worked like a charm every time. However, even mixing this product with a spoon still results in a nice smooth mixture with no chunks or lumps and no undissolved powder left behind. High marks as well in this area.

Taste (7/10)

I sampled the Cookies and Cream flavor for this product, which is my favorite flavor of protein to go with. The taste while not terrible does leave a little to be desired. The flavor is light, but also a little bland in my opinion. I always mixed this with water, but perhaps mixing with milk can enhance the flavor a little bit. I don't take too much stock in the taste of a product as long as I can tolerate it. While I've certainly had better tasting proteins, this particular product is still adequate in that area.

Effectiveness (9/10)

As far as protein products go, in my opinion the quality of the protein utilized is what makes the effectiveness. With this product you're getting the best and purest kind of protein you can get, which makes supplementing your nutrition and recovery processes a breeze. The fast absorbing whey protein isolate hits you quick and you're feeding your muscles a good, quality, and complete protein. While I've started to stray a bit from using straight isolates post-workout, this is still a decent option for that application and an ideal product for a morning protein or even a pre-workout protein with its quick absorption.

Value (7/10)

The going rate for this across the board seems to be $39.99 for a 2 pound tub with 29 servings ($1.38 per serving) or $79.99 for a 5 pound tub with 74 servings ($1.08 per serving). The 5 pound tub puts this product in acceptable price per serving range for me, but when taken into account the quality of the product you are getting it increases the products value. As the old saying goes, "You get what you pay for", and this product is a perfect example of that. While you can certainly get a better deal on whey protein and even a whey isolate, quality comes with a little higher price tag but I feel that it's worth it.

Conclusion and Verdict

Nutrabio's 100% Whey Protein Isolate is a very high quality whey protein product that utilizes superior protein and production methods. It mixes super easily and absorbs quickly. The only slight drawbacks are a taste that's a little on the bland side and a higher than average price per serving. Overall though I loved this product and look forward to using it again, and I definitely recommend it if you have the cheese to spend on it. Nutrabio shows with this product they are worth their saltor in this case protein. This gets the thumbs up and Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
      • Cookies & Cream: 7/10

May 19, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • No Fillers
      • Super Clean Protein
      • Lactose And Gluten Free
      • Zero Fat And Carbs
      • Full Disclosure Label
      • Pricey
      • Poor Taste

Thank you to SR and NutraBio for giving me the opportunity to review this product. So, I had the opportunity to stack NutraBio Whey isolate with their recovery formula and their pre-workout so I was able to reap the full effects. Whether you believe that stacking a certain company's products make it more or less beneficial is your opinion, but if I expect something to work then taking one company's products is the best way (my opinion). This was a solid product and I have finally found a protein that I feel working to the fullest.

Whey Protein Isolate (28.74g - per product label) - Whey protein isolate is my favorite type of protein for two reasons: 1) because it is fast absorbing so it allows me to take it right after my workouts (when I like to) 2) Whey isolates may contain a higher percentage of pure protein and normally are lactose, carbohydrate, fat, and cholesterol free (similar to this product although there is some cholesterol <5mg). These product advantages allows a low calorie (110) shake that doesn't give that extremely full feeling after drinking it.

Amino Acids
      Essential Amino Acids - Tryptophan (428mg)-- since the body cannot synthesize this it is necessary to obtain from your diet, Valine (1233mg), Threonine (1634mg), Isoleucine (1501mg), Leucine (2599mg), Lysine (2599mg), Phenylalanine (777mg), Methionine (536mg)
      Conditionally Essential Amino Acids - Arginine (562mg), Cystine (697mg), Thyrosine (723mg), Histidine (402mg), Proline (1473mg), Glutamic Acid (4582mg)
      Nonessential Amino Acids - Aspartic Acid (2599mg), Serine (992mg), Glycine (428mg), Alanine (1233mg)

FYI: BCAA 5.3g

A very OKAY taste. I received chocolate peanut butter and in my opinion there wasn't enough chocolate and too much PB. I really REALLY like chocolate flavored proteins so I noticed the lack of flavoring. With that being said, it still wasn't bad, it just was the best I have had. It mixed pretty well in my Blender Bottle (SR blender bottle Woo hoo!), with approximately 10-12 oz of water. As always if you want a thicker shake then use milk or less liquid. The scoop for this product was fairly large at 4.75tbs/30.86 grams. Honestly this isn't a big deal breaker for me, as long as the product works and I get the correct amount in every tub, I am happy.

GOOD! I give this a A grade. I don't know what it was about this specific protein or whether it was stacking it with other NutraBio products but I really felt that this protein worked for me, so I bought another 2 lb tub. I am now in phase 2 of the hypertrophy program I referenced in my last review, so muscle building and preventing injury are my biggest concern. I bench, squat, and military press every workout as the warm up and with constant heavy/compound lifts so I need a protein that will replenish my levels. I noticed gain in my shoulders and quadriceps, specifically, in increased tone and size. Now when I say gain, any long time weight lifter will know gains at this point come in small increments, but everyone knows their body and you should be able to tell if you have gained muscle or not.

On Amazon.com a 2 lb tub is $39.99 and on Bodybuilding.com it is also $39.99 for a 2 lb tub. A 5lb tub on Amazon is fairly expensive running at $79.99 and they don't sell the 5lb tub on BB.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall this is a good product with a full disclosure label, which is always appreciated. The company itself is very reputable. They sent a folder with all the information about the three products I received, and included a shaker bottle with it. Above I listed all of the amino acids that are in this product in which most you probably have never heard of or just briefly. I think it is great that they included all of their ingredients on the label it means that the company has nothing to hide, and by the look of it wants all of their products to have the best possible ingredients. Additionally, the ingredient profile showed in the effectiveness to help build muscle and replenish the protein. Like I stated above the ONLY downside to this product is the taste of the flavor I got. My new tub is Rich Chocolate so I am hoping that it tastes a little better.
      As always don't take every review to heart every person is different and reacts to a variety of ingredients. Make sure you do your research before buying any product!
      Live Happy, Live Healthy

G.D
      • Chocolate peanut butter cup: 5/10

4.5
        May 16, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Mixes Well
      • No Fillers
      • Super Clean Protein
      • Zero Fat And Carbs
      • Pricey
      • Poor Taste

Looking for a good protein isolate is something that typically only the fitness ballers will go in search for due to its high cost and relatively low benefit over whey concentrate so it's imperative that this premium protein type get the extra attention it deserves to entice this consumer population. Thanks to NutraBio for giving me the opportunity to test out their whey protein isolate product! Now lets see how it stacks up against the competition!

Serving Size (30g)
      Servings: 29.4
      Calories: 110
      Fat: 0g
      Carbohydrates: 2g
      Sodium: 116mg
      Protein: 28.74g
      Flavoring: 2.12g

Whey protein isolate products are an interesting niche in the supplement world and I believe are generally misunderstood. People automatically assume that since it's more expensive and goes through a more extensive filtration process that it's somehow superior in all aspects to other powdered proteins but this is not technically the case. Since the protein has been filtered so much, it actually digests quick in our stomachs leading to a faster absorption rate into our muscles following a workout but is the time difference really worth the price? Using a whey isolate does also offer other potential benefits that include or rather exclude nearly all fat and carbohydrate content. If you even do the math, the 2g of carbohydrates in this product are directly coming from flavoring, otherwise this would be a near 100% protein composition! Individuals that are insanely picky about their diets and want a pure protein product will likely reach for the whey isolate when shopping. NutraBio even went the extra mile and provided an amino acid concentration label that offers proportions of all included amino acids to the milligram! I don't think that any other supplement company can legitimately say the same thing and the amazing part is that they go to great length to educate consumers on the product information for every single one of their products!

I had the opportunity to try out their chocolate peanut butter flavor that I was originally very excited to taste since I've personally never gone wrong with a chocolate & PB combo before but I guess I shouldn't have spoke so soon because this product misses the flavor mark by a long shot. It's hard to exactly explain what they got wrong with the flavoring but I'd have to say that they made the overall taste too weak and doesn't even come close to resembling the peanut butter cup picture it displays on the front. It's possible that NutraBio went extremely light on the flavoring to please the ingredient label more than our taste buds but if that's the case then they made a poor choice. It's possible that the other flavors fared better but this is what I thought of the chocolate peanut butter. It mixed fairly well with its suggested 6oz of water but needs a couple really good shakes to ensure minimal clumping due to the small amount of water utilized. It's dosed using the normal protein scooper you'd expect so no surprises there.

It's a super clean protein judging by the ingredient profile so I'm sure that it's very effective at driving muscle recovery immediately after a solid workout. I used 100% Whey Protein Isolate solely post-workout right after I got off the gym floor to put its quick digesting capabilities to work. Though I wasn't a big fan of its taste, it wasn't anywhere near poor enough to keep me from consuming it on a daily basis.

This is the other area that I believe hurts the overall score of the product. I was able to find it at $40 for a 2lb tub at several online stores and though I'm aware that it's a premium protein product I don't believe that $20/lb is neither an affordable or reasonable price to ask for from customers. I believe that the range between $12-15/lb would be a bit more agreeable for this product but putting into account the flavor aspect I don't think I would even be willing to meet on that price.

Side Effects

I personally had no adverse effects from using this product.

Conclusion

NutraBio is an amazing supplement company that prioritizes informing its consumers and providing them with the highest quality ingredients available. Unfortunately, my recent stint with the company has exhibited a sub-par experience when it comes to their powered protein line. I can't talk about the other flavors that NutraBio offers for this product but I was not impressed with the flavoring that they chose. I do wish the best for NutraBio in all their supplement endeavors but I would be totally cool with it if they decided to drop their Whey Isolate line either as a product or concerning its price from my recent experience. Cheers Fellas!
      • Chocolate peanut butter cup: 4/10