Overall Score:   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #3 of 104 (better than 98%) in
Protein > Whey Protein

Whey Protein Isolate is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by NutraBio. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.
ARTICLES (2)
COMPARE SIMILAR

hulkish1
TROOPer Level: 25

February 23, 2017

(Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!)
yeah yeah another hulkish style review so sit back and enjoy SR nation. How can one tell if their protein is working? this is an age old question on this site with many good opinions and theories but is there a true way to tell? I have been training for along ass time and have used hundreds of different proteins from and not limited to; plant, casein, concentrate, isolate and so on. the protein I'm going to do my best to review is nutrabio 100%isolate. nutrabio has been one of the cleanest and purest I'm regards to quality in their product. I have been an advocate for them for years now and this product is no different. let's take a look at what I though of their 100% isolate.

----TASTE 8/10 -----

one word to describe the taste of this, YUMMY!!! I have been starting cut since i'm for lack of better terms fat from a long lay off due to injury and this was like an amazing dessert. for an isolate it was thick and mixed well to make protein sludge. I can't wait to try more FLAVORS :) of this. the one I received was double chocolate and it was smooth and didn't have that artificial after taste very enjoyable and looked forward to my mid-day snack.

----EFFECTIVENESS 8/10-----

Here is where I get a bit hung up. How can one tell if their protein is delivering the goods? one thing I have noticed is gut rot, while consuming low grade protein you may discover green haze when you fart that can clear a room or bloating from lack of enzymes. some may even notice lack of recovery after sessions in the gym, well this is all true about low grade protein. this product on the other hand did not have any of those sides. I never had digestive issues or room clearing toxic gas. but to tell you the truth my recovery was just a tad bit better then with other proteins and on point with some of the other isolates like RCSS isotropic. this is a good thing it shows that the product is meeting the expectation of a fast dissolving protein.

consistent is a word I love to use when judging supplements. if a product can not present the same results each and every time used it is not worth my time. nutrabio delivers again with this product. from every aspect you can expect the same result on this one.

---CONTENT 8/10 ----

well read the label lol. as it states it is 100% whey isolate. it would have received a 10 but they used an artificial sweetener sucralose which has been linked in double blind studies to trick the brain into consuming added calories even when full. stevia would have been a better choice imho. other then that no complaints.

---- Value 8.0/10 ----

value consists of a lot of things meeting expectations, availability and price per serving. Nutrabio is now listed on many websites other then there own which is nice to see. the price for a 2lber is around 40.00 bucks if you use 2 scoops that's only 20servings which can be steep for some. as for expectation it meet all my needs fo sho.

overall nutrabio is a great company from top to bottom they put out solid products that deliver every time. the taste of the protein was enjoyable, the consistent effects on recovery and overall nutrients is great. the only draw back is the sucralose. value has come up a bit now that other are selling the product. great stuff full hulk seal!

-k-
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Well
  • Sucralose
  • Rich Chocolate : 8/10
Momo1
TROOPer Level: 58
  August 24, 2016

----Introduction----
(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)

Thank you SR and NutraBio for the opportunity to review their Whey Isolate Protein. When it comes to protein supplements, I am very meticulous on what I use; at my age, quality comes in as my number 1 property. I was pleased to see when NutraBio's Whey Isolate came up for the Troopers, from the reviews I have read, I was eager to run it. During my run, I used the Whey Isolate in different ways, since it can be tough to gauge how a protein products benefits the body, so here we go!

----Ingredient Profile----

This is where this product shines in my opinion; it does not get any cleaner than this! The fact that it is Non-GMO, Kosher, no fillers, and no proprietary blend, you know what you are putting in your body. In addition, being fully disclosed, will keep Big Brother (FDA) from trying to shut NutraBio down.
110 Calories for one scoop is will defiantly do the trick for those who are getting ready for a show. Crabs are less than 2 grams, and 25 grams; not to mention, NutraBio uses a Cold Process when filtering the protein, this cuts down on any breakdowns in the molecules.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

This stuff mixes very easy, I used water in a shaker cup, I used it in Coconut Milk (which taste the best for me, since I received the Strawberry flavor), and in fruit juice; No clumps and very small amount of foaming, which if you wait about 60 seconds, it dissipates.

Okay, I took a different approach on this, I used first thing the am, 20 mins after my workout, and as an intra-workout; results were spot on and surprising! On workout days I used 2 scoops and non-workout days, I used 1 scoop.

Taste, the Strawberry Flavor was yummy!

----Effectiveness----

This is the real deal, I know that most of us it is hard to gauge a protein products on their claims; however, with NutraBio's Whey Isolate, effects on the body was noticeable.

1-scoop in the am, I enjoyed taking this as a wake me up protein, since it absorbs within 20 mins into your body. On days where I worked out the night before, I noticed that about an hour after taking it, the DOMS I was dealing with subsided a little; that told me it is working.

2-scoops on workout days, I normally would take a serving 30 mins before my workout and then 20 mins afterwards. Again, the recovery of my muscles was noticeable; it did not give you a feeling of being full, which allowed me to have a lite post workout meal with some complex carbs and protein.

1-scoop as intra, now this was something I have done in the past with some of other Isolates I have used; however, those would sometimes clump up in my mixer cub and in some case, started to have a smell, which told me they were not as clean. Now with this Isolate, I did not experience any smell and no clumping. As a matter a fact, I noticed that I would recover faster when I was doing high reps or German Volumizing training; this will help keep your body in an anabolic state.

----Value----

Well, this is where the old saying comes in to place "You get what you pay for". Yes, at about $37.00 on Amazon or when NutraBio runs a sale, it can be expensive. However, are you really putting a price on your body? We are what we eat!

----Side Effects----

None at all, consider the reviews we see about bloating, running to the rest room, or passing the kind of gas that can kill a cat; NutraBio's Whey Isolate was a flawless as it gets.

----Conclusion----

At the end of the day, ask yourself "Do you want quality or do you want to get by?" Yes, it can be pricey; however, at the end of the day, as you look in the mirror, the results speak for themselves. I will be buying another tub in the near future; I will be looking out any sale that comes to my email. Thank you NutraBio again for the opportunity .
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Well
  • I Use It Daily
  • Super Clean Protein
  • No Fillers
  • Lactose And Gluten Free
  • Zero Fat And Carbs
  • Wild Strawberry: 8/10
jrconn0609
TROOPer Level: 4
  August 12, 2016

----Introduction----
Hello again folks! I'm back with another review for you. I want to send out a HUGE thank you to NutraBio for allowing the Troopers to trial this product. I've heard great things about NutraBio and was looking forward to trying such a quality product and thankfully I wasn't disappointed. For reference I'm working out about 3 days a week with a 70/30 blend of weightlifting and cardio.

----Ingredient Profile---- 10/10
Short and sweet. I don't think anyone can complain about the profile on this product because it's as straight forward as it gets and so far it's the most transparent label I've seen. When writing reviews we're not supposed to list the whole profile but it's nearly impossible to do that with this product. This product contains only whey protein isolate and a few flavoring ingredients. It doesn't get any more simple than that.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing---- 8/8/10
Taste - 8: NutraBio was kind enough to send me my favorite flavor, Chocolate and I was pleased with the flavor overall. The only complaint I had was that it wasn't sweet enough. The flavor resembled more of a dark chocolate, though it wasn't bitter, it wasn't very sweet and I'd like it to be a little sweeter.

Mix - 8: I mixed this product purely in water which worked fairly well but I did have some small issues with "volcanic powder pockets" as Dane Cook once called them. haha. I'd say 80-90% of the product mixed in well but from time to time my mix would have undispersed powder balls that I'd have to chew to break up. This might have been caused by humidity because this summer in Indiana has been notoriously humid, even with my A/C running constantly. Usually adding more liquid helps with this but not it did not in this case. And I want to make sure readers understand these undispersed pockets are better than some of the powders I've reviewed previously.

Dosing - 10: To go along with the ingredient profile this dose is just awesome. Out of a 30.5g dose (which is a smaller dose compared to other proteins), 92% (28.19g) is protein isolate yielding 25g of usable protein. I love how simple and small this dose is which made it easy to mix in smaller amounts of water. Instead of needing 16-24oz of water like I've had to use in the past this only required about 8-10oz.

----Effectiveness----8/10
Overall I saw about the same amount of effectiveness as I've seen in other decent whey protein isolates. Taken during or immediately after a workout I noticed a slight reduction in muscle soreness but not a complete elimination. I'd challenge anyone who's really challenging themselves to find a protein powder that completely eliminates soreness.

I've also noticed an increase in strength in recent weeks while taking the product but again, it's not a miracle product alone. I've been getting better at my lifting technique and this product seemed to work in cooperation with that.

----Value----6/10
This is my only qualm with this product. NutraBio's whey isolate sits at #3 in its category and I recently tried/reviewed the #2 product from ON. I'd say effectiveness was about equal, ON's flavor was a bit better but NutraBio's ingredient profile is better, however, ON has the better value. Best price for 5lbs of powder is $79.99 for Nutrabio and $51.99 for ON. Both have 74 doses so that comes to $1.08/sv and $0.78/sv respectively. I really like protein powders to be below $1/sv so obviously I was disappointed by the price of Nutrabio's product. I would expect a higher price/sv because it is a better quality product but that would be more in the $0.85-$0.90/sv range in my opinion. If I had some extra cash I would definitely purchase this product but on a regular basis I'd probably opt for the lower cost of ON's whey protein

none noticed

----Conclusion----
To wrap this up I'd like to, again, thank the NutraBio team for allowing me to try this product and provide a review for it. I was very pleased with the product and definitely recommend it for anyone who is willing to spend a little extra cash for a great quality product. I'm in a financial position where that isn't really available to me but if ever I have the extra cash I will be coming back to this product. I hope to continue to see NutraBio's dedication to excellent quality products and transparent supplement labels!

Happy Lifting!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Super Clean Protein
  • No Fillers
  • A Bit Pricey
PiccoloPete
TROOPer Level: 25
  August 8, 2016

----Introduction----
First off as always Thanks to SR for making this possible. Also to NutraBio for the continued participation in the ER/Trooper program. I typically only use 1 - 1 1/2 scoops per day to meet my protein goals. On occasion when I'm craving something sweet I will make me a super shake and add some sort of nut butter (99% of the time its peanut butter) with banana, and whatever else I can find in my pantry! On a couple of rare occasion I used 2 scoops to meet my macro goals.

----Ingredient Profile----
The macros in one scoop are: 0 fat, 1g Carb and 25g of protein. NutraBio prides itself in quality products; you can see this from their fully disclosed label. Not much more I can add that other reviewers haven't already touched on.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
For the taste I will give it a numerical score below. I thought that Dutch chocolate was good with water and great with milk. It's not overpowering or overly sweet it's what you would call just right.

Mixability was definitely good in either a shaker cup with a wire ball or without it. It does have a little bit of foam but nothing that sticks around more than a couple of seconds.

Dosing is very easy 1 scoops gives you 25 grams of protein. NutraBios website recommends 1-4 shakes a day, I think 2 would be my max if I was running around with no food this would be a go to for some sustenance. I like many others on here prefer to get most of my protein from whole foods and not powders.

----Effectiveness----
Unlike preworkouts with stims or pump products, protein powders are by far the hardest to determine that they are working. I normally would judge a protein powder on the above criteria. But also in how easy it is to meet macro goals with it. At 25 grams of protein per scoop this powder makes it easy to hit those macros goals and it taste great. You will not gain 5lbs of muscle from only drinking protein but it will help you reach any goal you have by feeding your body.

I never experienced any stomach issue from NB whey protein isolate, even when mixed into my super shakes no bad gas or indigestion. I have to believe it is because of its clean profile.

----Value----

Other reviewers have mentioned That NutraBio WPI is not the cheapest protein powder on the market. If you are drinking 3-5 shakes a day this will not be very cost effective for you. Having a scoop post workout or just drinking it to meet your goals is a more realistic use for this.

I found a 2lbs tub on Amazon for $39.19 with free shipping (with prime), a very fair price for top quality protein.

None!

----Conclusion----
I was very happy with NB WPI it tasted great, it mixed well and it was easy to dose. I am a little strapped for cash and only buying whole foods at the moment but as soon as I get some extra cash I will be picking up some more. I would like to try the cinnamon bun flavor.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Well
  • Super Clean Protein
  • No Fillers
  • Lactose And Gluten Free
  • Dissolves Effortlessly
    • Dutch Chocolate: 9/10
    aironstone
      July 27, 2016

----Introduction----
    Hey there supplement enthusiasts! Back at it again with another review, I'd like to thank SR and NutraBio for letting me try 100% Whey Isolate. I was really excited to try the product, especially after recently witnessing NutraBio's CEO defend his products ruthlessly against Jym and Jim Stoppani.

----Ingredient Profile----
    NutraBio claims to be transparent and pure and their ingredients show how they live up to their claim.
    100% Whey Isolate comes in about 29g scoop, with 28.18g of it being Whey Protein Isolate (non-denatured) and "more sciency stuff here". The flavoring takes up less than 1g, to be specific the Natural Orange Flv, xanthax gum, beta carotene, sucralose, annatto powder (this is for the orange flavor only, other flavors may have more or less, but not significantly). So you may think "wow 28.18g of protein per scoop, that's amazing!!!" , but the truth is not all the protein is absorbed! BUT NutraBio actually display that on their label, mentioning that only 90% of their protein materializes. That's a really nice touch, as I'm more than sure that most manufacturers just show you the amount of protein before the breakdown as part of nutritional info.
    The macros per scoop are Cal 110, Protein 25g, Carbs 1g. Fats are so marginal they aren't mentioned.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    Orange flavor was superb, I've enjoyed Isoflex Orange Dreamsicle and ProAction Orange Creamsicle but this was a great flavor , not too strong and chemically yet the flavor was strong enough to not confuse it. I really enjoyed drinking it with milk rather than water, the thickness really reminded me of an orange milkshake.

Mixability is really simple here, most good isolates are almost fluffy and can dissolve by just swishing the liquid around. No surprise that 100% Whey Isolate would dissolve after a few shakes.

Dosing is rather simple, 1-3 scoops can be taken through the day or whenever you want to "satisfy your protein requirements"... my personal recommendation is POST WORKOUT!!!

----Effectiveness----
    Protein is protein. Great protein is great protein! No crazy gains, but I did notice that it sits light with your stomach, even if taken with milk, and I am usually hungry again within an hour and ready to eat my meal!

----Value----
    Now I received a 2Lb tub but after some research, I found that the 5Lb is more cost effective. With 80 servings for 79.99 USD, you're basically paying 1 a serving. I think that is well worth the spending considering you know what you're getting and how much you're actually going to absorb per scoop, not just the total protein value.

----Conclusion----
    As far as good protein goes, 100% Whey Isolate has to be up top. I really like the taste but, in the light of recent events with Jym (which I highly praised before=I), I more so deeply value the real transparency and not "transparency" that tries to confuse/mislead the consumer.

P.S.
    The protein isn't really "not widely available" I found that even GNC carry it now, therefore it shouldn't be hard to find.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Mixes Well
    • Zero Fat And Carbs
    • Great Value
    • Lactose And Gluten Free
    • No Fillers
    • Super Clean Protein
    • Good Price
      • Orange Cream: 10/10
      Clipper83
      TROOPer Level: 46
        July 13, 2016

(Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!)
      Shout out to NutraBio for letting me try their Isolate protein powder with the new flavoring. I never tried the old flavors so I can't compare, but I can't say I'm disappointed.

It's a whey isolate. Not much in here besides that. I know some people would have an issue with sucralose, but I'm not one of those people. No denaturing either, which is big. I remember petey giving me long lectures on why he hated Isopure and its ion-exchanged whey a few years back. So really, Nutrabio quality along with solid ingredients.

The macros are next to perfect, 25p, 2c, 0.5f

Taste- the chocolate is as good as any isolate I've ever had. It's hard for many protein powders to taste good without a little extra fat and/or sugar(the reason Syntha 6 tastes so good). Even smelling the tub is enjoyable. Not the best tasting protein I've ever had, but it's probably the best isolate protein I've ever tasted.

Mix- Mixes great, no clumping at all. 10/10

Effectiveness(9/10)

Well, it's protein. No stomach issues, no gas, not much to say.

I took this post-workout like the bro I decided to be while I took this. 1-2 scoops every time. Loved it.

Always hard to rate the effectiveness of a protein powder...

Value:(8/10)
      For around $36.99 for 29 servings, you can't say this is exactly cheap. However, if you put value in quality, the price shouldn't scare you. Not cheap enough to use 4-6 times a day, but not too expensive to make it a post-workout protein powder.

Side Effects

Conclusion:(8.7/10)

Nutrabio has a solid Isolate here. If you're looking for a high quality protein from a solid company, along with good taste, this product might be for you. While it is not the cheapest, I would still have no problem recommending it over GNC Amp Wheybolic.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Mixes Well
      • Good Price
      • Super Clean Protein
      • No Fillers
      • Lactose And Gluten Free
      • Zero Fat And Carbs
        Chuntz
        TROOPer Level: 5
          July 8, 2016

----Introduction----
        First off, thank you to NutraBio for the opportunity to review their whey isolate! I was eagerly awaiting the opportunity to try one of NutraBios products. They've gained an impressive rep since making their way onto SR. This is the first ever whey isolate I've tried and of course it was a solid choice that will be hard to surpass. Also, this is a review of the NEW AND IMPROVED chocolate flavor. I never had the original so I cannot compare/contrast them. I only had the option to choose chocolate or vanilla, personally I would have loved to review the orange cream flavor, it sounds delicious!

----Ingredient Profile----
        This is easily where this product shines the brightest, no matter what you're looking for. For starters, it is Non-GMO, kosher, lactose/gluten/soy FREE. This is really big for a lot of people who are conscious about what they put into their body. In addition, there no fillers, artificial flavors, prop blends, hidden ingredients etc... They give us a fully disclosed label which is hard to come by in the the world of supplements today. Lastly, their facility is FDA INSPECTED! Major kudos there.

So lets get into the actual nutrition of the whey isolate. As most of you know, whey isolate has the higher percentage of pure protein when compared to concentrate and hydrosylate. Each scoop contains 110 calories with 25g of protein per scoop, it's pretty standard. I'm currently cutting so I find it beneficial that it only has 2g of carbs per serving and 0.5g of fat.

Finally, listed under "Other Ingredients" it says "ABSOLUTELY NONE." A+

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
        Taste
        Very light taste and texture. It wasn't super sweet like chocolate flavors I have had in the past. This is due to it being totally natural with no additives. Honestly, I prefer my shakes like this now. They felt easier to consume post workout.

Mixability
        (in shaker cup with just water)
        Super easy to mix. No clumps. Thin layer of foaming forms at top but disappears.
        (blender with ice, banana, PBfit)
        Mixed just as well as in a hand shaker. Comes out with thin layer of foam again on top but no big deal at all.

I dosed one scoop with the ways listed above always post workout. The label says consume 1-3 scoops daily based on your protein needs but I keep mine high so just a post workout shake is enough. I'd rather get most of my protein from actual food sources instead of shakes, but that's just me.

----Effectiveness----
        It's always hard to gauge the effectiveness of a protein powder. To keep it short and sweet, it does what it's supposed to do, which is provide me with a quick digesting form of protein post workout and aid in muscle recovery. I never felt like this set me back in any ways. It kept me on track with my nutritional goals for the day and kept my muscles fed.

----Value----
        So the cheapest you can find this is actually Amazon for $36.99 (free shipping on orders of $49 or more) for a 2lb tub. If you feel like you can't wait for a shipment, you can run to GNC and pay $64.99...

----Side Effects----
        One day I decided to have 2 scoops post workout only because I hit it really hard at the gym that day. Two servings is an extremely rare occasion for me, especially because there's always controversy about how much protein the body can handle at one time. So I had 2 scoops in water which is 50g of protein. I never get protein flatulence or have to run to the bathroom because of a shake. About an hour after ingesting my shake I was talking to my mother and it felt like somebody sucker punched me in the stomach. I actually doubled over and grabbed my stomach. I told her to hold that thought, ran to the bathroom and let it all out. Besides that one occasion, absolutely no problems with this protein.

Side note, not a side effect but 29.7 servings per container? Don't see that too often.

----Conclusion----
        I'd easily pick this up again. It delivers a nice smooth and light flavor, a fully disclosed label, and no BS. I'm really excited to see what else NutraBio puts out in the future because I'm already sold after one product.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Mixes Well
        • Super Clean Protein
        • No Fillers
        • Lactose And Gluten Free
        • Scooper Was On Top
          • Dutch Chocolate: 9/10
          Cray
          TROOPer Level: 27
            June 30, 2016

----Introduction----
          From what I've read of other reviews, NutraBio has done a great job connecting with the SR community and building their reputation as a solid, quality company. This was my first experience with NutraBio and I was overall very impressed by the quality of the product and the transparency in their marketing.

To say I liked this product would be an understatement. I killed my tub in just over two weeks. This is a fantastic protein powder.

----Ingredient Profile----
          This level of ingredient profile should be the industry standard. Even the flavoring ingredients and amounts are reported. Impressive.

Not only are the Supplement Facts extremely detailed, but they're extremely short. NutraBio's 100% Whey Protein Isolate is exactly that and nothing else. No fillers. No blends. No additives. This is as clean and pure a protein powder as I've ever seen.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
          I didn't disclose a flavor preference and received a tub of vanilla. Legitimately I've never bought vanilla flavored protein ever. I'm all about that chocolate. Regardless, I actually quite enjoyed this 2lb. tub. The vanilla isn't overpowering and, to me, tasted like birthday cake. I personally only drink my protein mixed with water, but I feel this flavor would work extremely well in smoothies, with milk, with other dry ingredients, etc.

Mixability was excellent. The powder dissolves easily with minimal shaking. No clumping, foaming, or frothing at all. Could not be better.

I usually took 1.5 scoops of 100% WPI in the AM, post-workout. Each scoop nets you 25g of protein which is on point with (or slightly better than) other comparable products.

----Effectiveness----
          I've always struggled with gauging the effectiveness of products like protein and multivitamins. In my opinion these are staples of a well-balanced diet and should be used in conjunction with a solid exercise regimen. I will say I've never prescribed to the notion that you'll only see results with a pure, high-quality protein. I've used cheaper blends over the years and never found them to negatively impact my performance or progress.

Regardless, I have to give 100% WPI high marks here. I felt really good while on this protein and made solid strides forward. Hit new bench press PRs twice in these three weeks. Leaned out. It may seem soft to state this in a review, but I did feel like I was delivering a quality protein source to my body when it needed it most. Really the only area where I didn't notice a positive difference was recovery. I saw no change while on this product though several other users reported an improvement in muscle fatigue/soreness.

----Value----
          I was prepared, based on other reviews, to harshly critique NutraBio's price point with this product. Interestingly, once I got into the numbers, I found this not to be the case. Let me be clear here - I am not evaluating whether or not whey protein isolate is worth the cost. That's your decision. I am evaluating this product as it compares to other similar products in the market. And honestly, if you're committed to isolate and OK with the higher price point, 100% WPI is a solid option to consider.

For a price comparison, let's do a price-per-scoop breakdown. A 2lb. tub of 100% WPI will run you, at best, $36.99 and net you 31 scoops. That's a per scoop cost of $1.19. A 5lb. tub will cost you around $73 and net you 80 scoops at a slightly more affordable $0.91 per scoop. The 25g protein per scoop is consistent almost across the board with like products as previously mentioned.

Now let's look at competitor products. All comparisons are done with the largest tubs available for purchase. Dymatize's Iso-100 will cost you $0.98 per scoop. MP's 100% Isolate Combat goes for $0.87 per scoop. Isopure - $0.94. The best I could find? MGN's Pure Whey Isolate at $0.72. The worst? ON's Platinum Hydrowhey at $1.57 per scoop.

To me, that puts 100% WPI right in the middle of the pack. Most of these other products are offering a very similar ingredient profile. Some have additives such as BCAAs. Some tout their facilities and manufacturing processes. Honestly I think it comes down to personal preference and, if you're into what NutraBio is putting out, you shouldn't be dissuaded by the pricing.

My only true critique here is that the product is not widely available, and thus you're likely to score any sweet coupon deals.

----Side Effects----
          Absolutely none. No issues at all with gas or bloating. Yet another sign as to the quality of this product.

----Conclusion----
          I'll admit it, it'd been a while since I'd invested in a high-end protein product, and NutraBio reminded me exactly why you spend the extra dollars. If you're a stickler on ingredient profiles, a competitive athlete, or someone who is committed to top-quality products, then NutraBio's 100% WPI should absolutely be on your radar. If you're more frugal like me but have some price flexibility, I'd still absolutely recommend you give this a shot. This is an excellent protein isolate.
           Pros:
           Cons:
          • No Fillers
          • High Quality
          • Transparent Ingredient Profile
          • No Gas Or Bloating
          • Not Widely Available.
          • Vanilla: 7/10
          Darkman
          TROOPer Level: 5
            June 30, 2016

----Introduction----
          So I had the chance to test out a full container of SR's #2 ranked protein, so of course I jumped on it! I don't consider myself a protein expert, but I am very picky as to what protein I choose to take on a regular basis. For this protein to be ranked number two on a site like this says a lot, and I'm glad that I got the chance to add my two cents. Also, thanks to Nutrabio for supporting in the TROOPs. You guys seem to have a loyal following here.

----Ingredient Profile----
          Twenty five grams of protein and less than one gram of carbs in a 29 gram scoop yields about 85% protein content. That's pretty good, however, I consider the gold standard to be Ultimate Nutrition's Iso 93, which packs a whopping 31 grams of protein per 33 gram scoop (93%). So in a way (whey...get it?), I've been spoiled by Ultimate Nutrition, and I judge all whey isolates by the standard they have set. Don't get me wrong; 85% protein content is definitely nothing to sneeze at, but it's like comparing Scottie Pippen to Lebron James. Scottie was a very good basketball player in his own right, but he was no LeBron! I do like the fact that Nutrabio practices full disclosure; every ingredient is listed on the label.

----Taste/Mixability----
          So I received the cinnamon bun flavor. The taste is very light and clean--not at all overbearing. The taste reminded me of a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch with skim milk...not too sweet, not too bland; it was perfectly balanced. Mixing was almost instant. I mixed it with 6 ounces of Lactaid milk and shook it for about 10 seconds; no clumps or powder residue.

9.5/10

----Effectiveness----
          This is protein, and we all know how important protein is, especially post workout. But if your stomach can't tolerate the protein, then it's as good as worthless. Nutrabio never gave me gas, bloating, or cramping.

9.5/10

----Value----
          This is the only area in which Nutrabio received a low score for me. In my opinion, 39.99 for a two pound tub of protein is kind of steep, but you get what you pay for. I'll definitely buy it again.

6.5/10

----Conclusion----
          This is definitely one of my favorite protein powders. I like the full label disclosure, the lack of fillers, the inoffensive flavor, and the fact that it is easy on my stomach. Nutrabio didn't hit a grand slam with this product, but it's definitely a three run, stand up triple. That's more than good in my book.
           Pros:
           Cons:
          • Mixes Well
          • Good Tasting
          • Dissolves Effortlessly
          • Zero Fat And Carbs
          • Full Label Disclosure
          • Lactose And Gluten Free
          • Pricey
          • Cinnamon Bun: 8/10
          pudgusky
            April 11, 2016

----Introduction----

Nutrabio is an awesome example of how to have good values behind a company and they stand out in the industry for that reason. They participate massively in SupplementReviews.com and the quality of their products is second to none. But with the amount of cheaper sources of identical whey protein, I don't want to pay the Nutrabio premium price for whey. I prefer my genetically modified boneless skinless chicken breasts with rib meat for $2/lb over free range organic grass fed BS chicken breast for $6/lb. Call me crazy.

----Ingredient Profile---- 9/10

Honestly this should be a 10/10 it's an amazing profile for an isolate, just as we've come to expect from every single product from Nutrabio. My objection is to an isolate in the first place. By processing the whey more thoroughly into a purer form, you're adding costs to production that I'm not receiving as benefits as the consumer. I'm not allergic to dairy, so I don't care if there's some lactose in it. There are literally 20 less calories per scoop in Nutrabio's isolate than their concentrate. That's like one almond who cares. Actually I welcome the extra calories, and it's even cheaper than isolate anyways. What kind of gym rat doesn't want more calories? And for less money to boot.

A gram of whey protein is a gram of whey protein, and in my opinion isolate isn't the most sensible.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing---- 8.5/10

Taste: I got strawberry. Very light flavor. The protein itself smelled terrible, but fortunately that didn't translate into the flavor once dissolved. It was a slight improvement over unflavored protein when mixed with water. It was the perfect blend of creaminess and flavor when mixed with vanilla almond milk, and take that from somebody who doesn't like almond milk (I stole some from my roommate to try it for the review and ended up buying more to finish my run). One of my post-workout shake options was straight dynamite though: 2 scoops strawberry protein, 2 tbsp choco nesquick, and 16oz whole milk. I also highly recommend this combo with any banana proteins, but the way Nutrabio's strawberry came through with this was just right.

Mixability: This was certainly a highlight. Two scoops in 6-8oz of water dissolved fully and wasn't a thick or clumpy shake. Quick and easy way to get protein in without ruining my appetite for whole foods when I have to get a lot of calories down.

Dosing: 25g protein per scoop. That's right in the range most people typically want to supplement at a time. You can adjust to a heaping scoop or a shallow scoop depending on your needs. Scooper and packaging were very easy to use.

----Effectiveness---- 8/10

This is exactly what I'd expect from a pure whey protein. Recovery improvement was noticeable versus a diet without sufficient protein. Digestibility was good, I've only had a few proteins that caused problems with my stomach and I didn't expect any from this. From the SR guidelines an 8 means 'Solid results, I could tell it was working' and it certainly did no more or less than that. While there are many long term benefits associated with protein-rich diets, and resistance training in general, there was nothing in particular to note in that regard during my run.

----Value---- 4/10
          This is where this product struggles. I've recently come around to the belief that a quality and expensive supplement can have significantly more value than a cheap one that makes similar claims. I've just seen and felt the difference too many times to keep doubting that a good company's expensive products are worth buying. That rule just doesn't apply to something as basic as whey protein that so many companies do correctly.

I always calculate prices of proteins based on the number of grams of protein you're getting per dollar spent. For a 5# tub from Nutrabio, before paying for shipping, you get 25 grams of whey protein for each dollar you spend; that's the maximum value you can get their protein for. Buying one 2# tub and shipping drops that all the way to 17.4g for a dollar. Nutrabio runs 10% coupons maybe 3 times a year, and free shipping promos twice a year in my experience so value won't improve much from that.

Another reputable source of protein, MyProtein, has a coupon code right now that allows you to buy whey protein concentrate and get 67.2 grams of whey protein (excluding any fats and carbs) for every dollar you spend. Oh, you're so committed to isolate? MyProtein's premium price right now is 59.7 grams per dollar. Even a mainstream, high quality, deliciously flavored highly rated protein blend can be found on Amazon for a better price per gram of protein than Nutrabio. PES Select can be purchased at the rate of 26.4 grams of protein per dollar, and it's been shown that a protein blend post workout has greater benefit than just whey. So why would you buy Nutrabio's isolate?

Even if you just buy Nutrabio's whey protein concentrate instead of their isolate, you're getting 29.2 grams of protein per dollar. If you get their isolate, it's like paying full price instead of entering a 15% coupon code. Who would do that??

----Side Effects---- 0/10
          No gas, bloating, or discomfort of any kind. This is a high quality isolate.

----Conclusion---- 6.5/10
          If you're picking up something else from Nutrabio's home run lineup, maybe toss some protein into the shopping cart. Or wait for one of their infrequent promos and snag one or two to support them. As much as I love the company and what they stand for, I wouldn't recommend making them your go-to protein isolate supplier. The value of this supplement, which should be a daily staple for a majority those interested in fitness, is just too low.
           Pros:
           Cons:
          • Mixes Well
          • Super Clean Protein
          • No Fillers
          • Not Widely Available.
          • A Bit Pricey
          • Wild Strawberry: 8/10