Whey Protein Isolate Reviews

By: NutraBio

(Better than 98% in Protein > Whey Protein)

PRICES (8)

GNC

Vitamin Shoppe

Amazon

Ill Pump You Up

Whey Protein Isolate is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by NutraBio. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.
ARTICLES (2)

Protein > Whey Protein

July 16, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Fillers
  • Super Clean Protein
  • Mixes Well
  • Dissolves Effortlessly
  • A Bit Pricey
  • Sucralose
A big thanks going out to the fine folks out at Nutrabio for the hookup on their products to the TROOPs. Special thanks also for the hookup on a shaker cup and informational reading on the products they sent out, very legit.

I had the opportunity to sample several of Nutrabio's products, this review is going to go in on their 100% Whey Protein Isolate:

Dosage

One scoop taken either first thing in the morning, or post-workout. As noted in a prior review of GTN's Whey Protein, I was in an alternating pattern with that product as well at this one. For example if I took the Nutrabio whey in the morning, I would take GTN's whey post-workout and then alternate the pattern the following day.

Ingredient Profile (9.5/10)

A big bonus to Nutrabio for what is probably the most comprehensive and detailed labels in the supplement business. At 25 grams of protein per 30.53 gram scoop (for the Cookies and Cream flavor), this product comes in at nearly 82% protein per scoop, a very good ratio. The protein source is cold processed and filtered whey protein isolate, which is the best kind of whey protein one can get in my opinion. This process ensures the integrity and quality of the protein, and does not denature the product during processing. Zero grams of fat and only two carbs per serving makes this is an ideal protein for the macro-conscious consumer. This product does utilize sucralose for those concerned with the sweetner and flavoring methods used. Overall, a very high quality product that is fully transparent in its content disclosure, big ups to Nutrabio for that.

Mixture (9/10)

It really doesn't get much easier than mixing this product. I typically used a shaker cup with 8-10 ounces of water and it worked like a charm every time. However, even mixing this product with a spoon still results in a nice smooth mixture with no chunks or lumps and no undissolved powder left behind. High marks as well in this area.

Taste (7/10)

I sampled the Cookies and Cream flavor for this product, which is my favorite flavor of protein to go with. The taste while not terrible does leave a little to be desired. The flavor is light, but also a little bland in my opinion. I always mixed this with water, but perhaps mixing with milk can enhance the flavor a little bit. I don't take too much stock in the taste of a product as long as I can tolerate it. While I've certainly had better tasting proteins, this particular product is still adequate in that area.

Effectiveness (9/10)

As far as protein products go, in my opinion the quality of the protein utilized is what makes the effectiveness. With this product you're getting the best and purest kind of protein you can get, which makes supplementing your nutrition and recovery processes a breeze. The fast absorbing whey protein isolate hits you quick and you're feeding your muscles a good, quality, and complete protein. While I've started to stray a bit from using straight isolates post-workout, this is still a decent option for that application and an ideal product for a morning protein or even a pre-workout protein with its quick absorption.

Value (7/10)

The going rate for this across the board seems to be $39.99 for a 2 pound tub with 29 servings ($1.38 per serving) or $79.99 for a 5 pound tub with 74 servings ($1.08 per serving). The 5 pound tub puts this product in acceptable price per serving range for me, but when taken into account the quality of the product you are getting it increases the products value. As the old saying goes, "You get what you pay for", and this product is a perfect example of that. While you can certainly get a better deal on whey protein and even a whey isolate, quality comes with a little higher price tag but I feel that it's worth it.

Conclusion and Verdict

Nutrabio's 100% Whey Protein Isolate is a very high quality whey protein product that utilizes superior protein and production methods. It mixes super easily and absorbs quickly. The only slight drawbacks are a taste that's a little on the bland side and a higher than average price per serving. Overall though I loved this product and look forward to using it again, and I definitely recommend it if you have the cheese to spend on it. Nutrabio shows with this product they are worth their saltor in this case protein. This gets the thumbs up and Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
  • Cookies & Cream: 7/10

Other Prices:
Vitamin Shoppe   $39.99
Amazon   $39.99
Ill Pump You Up   $39.99

May 19, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Fillers
  • Super Clean Protein
  • Lactose And Gluten Free
  • Zero Fat And Carbs
  • Full Disclosure Label
  • Pricey
  • Poor Taste

Thank you to SR and NutraBio for giving me the opportunity to review this product. So, I had the opportunity to stack NutraBio Whey isolate with their recovery formula and their pre-workout so I was able to reap the full effects. Whether you believe that stacking a certain company's products make it more or less beneficial is your opinion, but if I expect something to work then taking one company's products is the best way (my opinion). This was a solid product and I have finally found a protein that I feel working to the fullest.

Whey Protein Isolate (28.74g - per product label) - Whey protein isolate is my favorite type of protein for two reasons: 1) because it is fast absorbing so it allows me to take it right after my workouts (when I like to) 2) Whey isolates may contain a higher percentage of pure protein and normally are lactose, carbohydrate, fat, and cholesterol free (similar to this product although there is some cholesterol <5mg). These product advantages allows a low calorie (110) shake that doesn't give that extremely full feeling after drinking it.

Amino Acids
Essential Amino Acids - Tryptophan (428mg)-- since the body cannot synthesize this it is necessary to obtain from your diet, Valine (1233mg), Threonine (1634mg), Isoleucine (1501mg), Leucine (2599mg), Lysine (2599mg), Phenylalanine (777mg), Methionine (536mg)
Conditionally Essential Amino Acids - Arginine (562mg), Cystine (697mg), Thyrosine (723mg), Histidine (402mg), Proline (1473mg), Glutamic Acid (4582mg)
Nonessential Amino Acids - Aspartic Acid (2599mg), Serine (992mg), Glycine (428mg), Alanine (1233mg)

FYI: BCAA 5.3g

A very OKAY taste. I received chocolate peanut butter and in my opinion there wasn't enough chocolate and too much PB. I really REALLY like chocolate flavored proteins so I noticed the lack of flavoring. With that being said, it still wasn't bad, it just was the best I have had. It mixed pretty well in my Blender Bottle (SR blender bottle Woo hoo!), with approximately 10-12 oz of water. As always if you want a thicker shake then use milk or less liquid. The scoop for this product was fairly large at 4.75tbs/30.86 grams. Honestly this isn't a big deal breaker for me, as long as the product works and I get the correct amount in every tub, I am happy.

GOOD! I give this a A grade. I don't know what it was about this specific protein or whether it was stacking it with other NutraBio products but I really felt that this protein worked for me, so I bought another 2 lb tub. I am now in phase 2 of the hypertrophy program I referenced in my last review, so muscle building and preventing injury are my biggest concern. I bench, squat, and military press every workout as the warm up and with constant heavy/compound lifts so I need a protein that will replenish my levels. I noticed gain in my shoulders and quadriceps, specifically, in increased tone and size. Now when I say gain, any long time weight lifter will know gains at this point come in small increments, but everyone knows their body and you should be able to tell if you have gained muscle or not.

On Amazon.com a 2 lb tub is $39.99 and on Bodybuilding.com it is also $39.99 for a 2 lb tub. A 5lb tub on Amazon is fairly expensive running at $79.99 and they don't sell the 5lb tub on BB.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall this is a good product with a full disclosure label, which is always appreciated. The company itself is very reputable. They sent a folder with all the information about the three products I received, and included a shaker bottle with it. Above I listed all of the amino acids that are in this product in which most you probably have never heard of or just briefly. I think it is great that they included all of their ingredients on the label it means that the company has nothing to hide, and by the look of it wants all of their products to have the best possible ingredients. Additionally, the ingredient profile showed in the effectiveness to help build muscle and replenish the protein. Like I stated above the ONLY downside to this product is the taste of the flavor I got. My new tub is Rich Chocolate so I am hoping that it tastes a little better.
As always don't take every review to heart every person is different and reacts to a variety of ingredients. Make sure you do your research before buying any product!
Live Happy, Live Healthy

Ill Pump You Up   $39.99

4.5
  May 16, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Well
  • No Fillers
  • Super Clean Protein
  • Zero Fat And Carbs
  • Pricey
  • Poor Taste

Looking for a good protein isolate is something that typically only the fitness ballers will go in search for due to its high cost and relatively low benefit over whey concentrate so it's imperative that this premium protein type get the extra attention it deserves to entice this consumer population. Thanks to NutraBio for giving me the opportunity to test out their whey protein isolate product! Now lets see how it stacks up against the competition!

Serving Size (30g)
Servings: 29.4
Calories: 110
Fat: 0g
Carbohydrates: 2g
Sodium: 116mg
Protein: 28.74g
Flavoring: 2.12g

Whey protein isolate products are an interesting niche in the supplement world and I believe are generally misunderstood. People automatically assume that since it's more expensive and goes through a more extensive filtration process that it's somehow superior in all aspects to other powdered proteins but this is not technically the case. Since the protein has been filtered so much, it actually digests quick in our stomachs leading to a faster absorption rate into our muscles following a workout but is the time difference really worth the price? Using a whey isolate does also offer other potential benefits that include or rather exclude nearly all fat and carbohydrate content. If you even do the math, the 2g of carbohydrates in this product are directly coming from flavoring, otherwise this would be a near 100% protein composition! Individuals that are insanely picky about their diets and want a pure protein product will likely reach for the whey isolate when shopping. NutraBio even went the extra mile and provided an amino acid concentration label that offers proportions of all included amino acids to the milligram! I don't think that any other supplement company can legitimately say the same thing and the amazing part is that they go to great length to educate consumers on the product information for every single one of their products!

I had the opportunity to try out their chocolate peanut butter flavor that I was originally very excited to taste since I've personally never gone wrong with a chocolate & PB combo before but I guess I shouldn't have spoke so soon because this product misses the flavor mark by a long shot. It's hard to exactly explain what they got wrong with the flavoring but I'd have to say that they made the overall taste too weak and doesn't even come close to resembling the peanut butter cup picture it displays on the front. It's possible that NutraBio went extremely light on the flavoring to please the ingredient label more than our taste buds but if that's the case then they made a poor choice. It's possible that the other flavors fared better but this is what I thought of the chocolate peanut butter. It mixed fairly well with its suggested 6oz of water but needs a couple really good shakes to ensure minimal clumping due to the small amount of water utilized. It's dosed using the normal protein scooper you'd expect so no surprises there.

It's a super clean protein judging by the ingredient profile so I'm sure that it's very effective at driving muscle recovery immediately after a solid workout. I used 100% Whey Protein Isolate solely post-workout right after I got off the gym floor to put its quick digesting capabilities to work. Though I wasn't a big fan of its taste, it wasn't anywhere near poor enough to keep me from consuming it on a daily basis.

This is the other area that I believe hurts the overall score of the product. I was able to find it at $40 for a 2lb tub at several online stores and though I'm aware that it's a premium protein product I don't believe that $20/lb is neither an affordable or reasonable price to ask for from customers. I believe that the range between $12-15/lb would be a bit more agreeable for this product but putting into account the flavor aspect I don't think I would even be willing to meet on that price.

Side Effects

I personally had no adverse effects from using this product.

Conclusion

NutraBio is an amazing supplement company that prioritizes informing its consumers and providing them with the highest quality ingredients available. Unfortunately, my recent stint with the company has exhibited a sub-par experience when it comes to their powered protein line. I can't talk about the other flavors that NutraBio offers for this product but I was not impressed with the flavoring that they chose. I do wish the best for NutraBio in all their supplement endeavors but I would be totally cool with it if they decided to drop their Whey Isolate line either as a product or concerning its price from my recent experience. Cheers Fellas!
  • Chocolate peanut butter cup: 4/10

April 29, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Well
  • Dissolves Effortlessly
  • I Use It Daily
  • Zero Fat And Carbs
  • Lactose And Gluten Free
  • Super Clean Protein
  • Not Widely Available.
  • Sucralose

As I have gotten older, I am more careful about the supplements I take and the companies they are from. I can remember when the whole "amino spiking" controversy hit and some of the proteins that I had used in the past were spiked. Then I found out about Nutrabio and about how open they were with their manufacturing process and third party testing. I have used several Nutrabio products and currently use their creatine and beta alanine as a staple. Let us see if 100% Whey Protein Isolate by Nutrabio will become a staple of mine.

The first thing that I love about Nutrabio Whey Isolate is that they do not include any fillers. I was taking this one protein and they had "non-dairy creamer" and a few others. With Nutrabio Whey Isolate, there are no fillers. Each scoop contains 25g of protein yielding 110 calories with less than one carbohydrate and zero fat. It is key to note that the 25g of protein is non-denatured whey protein isolate. Non-denatured means that the protein biological value is still intact after processing. In addition, this protein is lactose, gluten, kosher, halal, and soy free. Personally, I love the profile of this whey isolate. I have had issues in the past when using whey concentrate protein and even blends that favor whey concentrate. However, with this protein being 100% whey isolate I had no digestive issues at all and it fit my macros quite nicely.

One unique feature that Nutrabio has is it gives access to the third party testing of each lot of product they have. For this review, I had Cookies & Cream from lot#: 224532A and I was able to look up the third party test for the lot my protein came from (http://checkmysupps.com/). The results showed that in one scoop there was 25.66g of protein thus meeting the label claims of 25g of protein. This level of transparency is something I have not seen and I am glad that they include it.

I have to be honest in terms of taste I was not that impressed with this product. The flavor was cookies & cream and I feel like it was close to the flavor described. It was more cream than cookie. However, it had kind of an odd after taste that is hard to describe. It was by no means awful or anything but just somewhat odd. I preferred this protein with unsweetened almond milk. At times, I would add cocoa powder and it made it taste quite good. In terms of mixability, it mixed great with zero particles or residue at the bottom. Even in almond milk where I have found previous protein powders would not mix well (PES Select) this mixed great. As far as dosing goes, I took two scoops a day. I would take one scoop in the morning with almond milk and cocoa powder and another after my workout with water. On off days I would do the same but use the afternoon shake as a snack.

As mentioned previously I dosed this product twice a day, once in the AM and once after my workout (or afternoon on off days). For the morning dosage I felt like this was a good kick start to the day and would give me some energy in the AM (not coffee replacement or anything but I felt more energized). I liked how it would not bloat me or make me feel very full like others have in the past. I took PES Select and while I enjoyed it when I took it in the AM I would feel too full, which I did not like (this was probably due to the casein protein in their blend). Adding in the almond milk and cocoa powder made it quite good as a smaller breakfast (along with oatmeal). In terms of recovery, I have been taking a protein shake in the AM for quite some time and this was on par with previous proteins in that regard. The effects were similar when I used this as an afternoon snack on off days

For my post workout, dosage I would take with water and noticed it would not make me feel very full, which I preferred. The reason being I would usually cook dinner when I got home from the gym so I would be eating within 45-1.5 hours after the shake. On some days I would take this between the gym and running and it would not "weigh" me down when I would run. I felt like this definitely helped me recover much better. For example, I just stared adding in supersets towards the end of my workout and noticed on the second week of taking this I was less sore overall. I attribute this to the protein shake post workout. When I was running, I noticed that I was able to go slightly faster than normal and not be totally exhausted and burnt out. My lifts and my running endurance did go up slightly and I would definitely like to run this longer using a larger bottle to see the longer-term effects. Overall, this was an effective whey protein isolate that I will take again and recommend.

Rating the value of this product was something I struggled with because it is expensive. On Nutrabio.com it retails for $39.99 for about 30 servings (depending on flavor). This comes to about $1.38 per serving. At my dosage that would have been $2.76 per day. However, as my diet has cleaned up I believe using one scoop around your workout would still be effective. The International Society of Sports Nutrition recommends 1.4 to 2.0g of protein per kg of body weight so one scoop may fit your needs (1). I do not see this go on sale that much but have seen it for 20% off which brings the price down to about $32 per bottle. Comparing this to other proteins, I can get Redcon1 Isotope for 34.99 with a 20% off coupon dropping it to about $28 per bottle. However, they do not have the transparency that Nutrabio protein does. I cannot take the lot number of redcon1 Isotope and get a protein test for it with Nutrabio I can. Therefore, I am willing to pay extra for that extra level of trust and transparency.

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

Overall, this is a great product from a transparent and trustworthy company. Just the fact that you have access to third party tests for each batch of a product is fantastic. You just do not see that level of transparency in most supplement companies today. I think many people equate trust to the amount of IG followers or Facebook likes but for me it is more about what the company does and how their products work. In the case of Nutrabio, the product worked very well and I would definitely recommend trying it. I know that it will become a staple of mine but I think I am going to reassess my protein needs and maybe drop to one scoop post workout when I do order the product. I would like to thank Nutrabio for sending the product out and the Trooper Program for coordinating it.

-Xcmiler

(1) https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-4-8
  • Cookies & Cream: 7/10

April 26, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Great
  • Zero Fat And Carbs
  • Aides In Recovery
  • Lactose And Gluten Free
  • Super Clean Protein
  • No Fillers
  • Soy Free
  • No Amino Spiking

Thank you to NutraBio and the SR trooper program for the chance to try this protein supplement. I am a fan of NutraBio and believe they produce top shelf products. I love the fact they have full disclosure of ingredients and are willing to backup and support their claims when challenged or called out. When I saw they had this protein supplement on the Trooper list, I knew I had to jump on it and give it a go.

Thumbs up to NutraBio for manufacturing their fully disclosed supplements in a facility that utilizes GMP and is an FDA Inspected facility. This is a fully transparent label right down to the flavoring (natural cinnamon) and the sweetener (sucralose). There are no hidden ingredients and I like the fact that they state right on the label that there is no amino spiking. You get 25g of whey protein isolate per scoop. That's straight and to the point. There is nothing more to expand on.

I had the Cinnamon Bun flavor and it was good mixed with water but it was off the charts good when mixed with milk. When I mixed it with milk it tasted exactly like the milk that is leftover after eating a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch. I felt as if I was five years old again sitting in front of a tv in my zip-up footy pajamas watching Saturday morning cartoons drinking my leftover cereal milk. It mixed fine in either 8 ounces of milk or water using a shaker cup. I would dose sometimes at 1, 1.5 or 2 scoops depending on how much protein I needed to hit my daily protein goal. When I would use 2 scoops I would increase the milk or water to 10 ounces.

I experienced the same results no matter how many scoops I used or if I mixed it with water or milk (other than taste). I experienced no stomach issues or discomfort. There was no extra gas while on the run of this. I did not experience any bloating and my body seemed to digest it without any issues. The recovery I felt was a bit better than most other proteins I have used. I have been having some issues with the medial head of my triceps on my left arm and this seemed to help calm it down a bit during recovery from arm days. Recovery on other body parts was good also. I continued to make progress in my lifts while using this protein and did not suffer any setbacks. Taking all of the above factors into account I can say this was an effective protein for me.

31 servings for $39.99 comes out to $1.29 per serving. I am fine with paying this amount for a protein that I believe is one of the top tier proteins out there on the market. It seems there are more distributors carrying the NutraBio brand every few months.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you want a protein that tastes great and is of the highest quality then look no further. You may pay a little more than your typical protein but you will have the piece of mind knowing exactly what you are getting in each scoop. I will without a doubt purchase this in the future. This label is fully disclosed right down tho the last ingredient.
    • Cinnamon Bun: 9/10

April 25, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Fillers
    • Super Clean Protein
    • Mixes Well
    • Lactose And Gluten Free
    • Zero Fat And Carbs
    • Dissolves Effortlessly
    • Pricey

Hey SR folks- and thank you NutraBio for letting me try this product. It's tough to impress me with protein; I usually stick to concentrates and rarely mess with Isolates, but when it popped up on the dashboard I needed to give it a try. I'd seen lots of good reviews, and now I can personally attest that they're accurate as well. I really enjoyed this and for those of you who are already buying premium proteins, or strictly use isolates, this one's the bomb!

Special Kudos for being made in the USA, at Nutrabio's own GMP-certified and FDA-inspected facility. This means you're getting a high quality product with no middle man in the process of developing --> manufacturing --> selling to consumers.

Off the rip, this is about as pure a whey isolate as you can find. There's really nothing else in it-literally, in a serving of 28.7g, 28.2 of those grams are whey protein isolate (non-denatured), and .5g are natural flavoring and sucralose.

25g/scoop and 110 calories.

There's no lactose, gluten, or soy.

Also verified to have no amino spiking, no GMOs, and no cholesterol.

What you DO have is a litany of Essential, Conditionally Essential, and Nonessential amino acids... A quick list here and photos at the end for measurements...

Essential: Tryptophan, Valine, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Phenylalanine, Methionine
    Conditionally Essential: Arginine*, Cysteine, Tyrosine, Histidine, Proline, Glutamic Acid (*~.5g -- don't expect a pump)
    Nonessential: Aspartic Acid*, Serine, Glycine, Alanine (*not d-aspartic acid, just to be clear)

I requested the vanilla, but received the peanut butter cup and am glad I did. It was delicious. I mixed it a few ways and enjoyed it each time. I normally request Vanilla because I mix a morning shake with bananas and PB and it goes together well, but I found myself mixing this alone more often with just skim milk because it tasted so good.

Typically I was taking 2 scoops in the morning, 1 post workout. Sometimes I'd take one pre-workout if I was hungry to the point I'd worry about being distracted by it.

This had fewer chunks than any protein I've used before. Mixing with a spoon typically left a top layer of chunks that were all very small (<1/8"). Shaking or blending was totally smooth. Really impressive.

The bane of all protein reviews I know it's working, but I can't tell, and there's no way I'm going to cut my protein intake to verify.

I had no fall off in recovery time after switching to this, and actually I lost a bit of body fat w/o losing weight. That could be due to a variety of factors harder training, changing my lifts up... but since I cut out the banana and PB in the morning shake, that may have done it too. I was simply consuming fewer calories in the morning because I liked how this tasted on its own so much.

$39.99 for 32 servings everywhere I looked.

That's pretty expensive, even for an isolate. Other powders at 30ish servings are usually around $30-$35.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you're a buyer in the premium market already (i.e. using proteins like isopure or syntha-6), give this a shot-no question. This is a better product in the same price range (-ish). Other companies seem to derive their pricing from spending money on ad campaigns and have a heavy reliance on places like GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, and BodyBuilding.com but NutraBio seems to derive its price from manufacturing high-quality products. I'll take the latter any day. I really appreciated having the opportunity to try this and hope I can add this to my stack on a regular basis in the near future.
    • Chocolate peanut butter cup: 10/10

April 14, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Fillers
    • Super Clean Protein
    • Mixes Well
    • Lactose And Gluten Free
    • Good Price
    • Very Little Sucralose
    • A Bit Pricey

Hello all and thank you for taking the time to view my review.. I was fortunate enough to receive this 2lb tub of pure whey isolate through the troops program & was even shipped an additional shaker with the order. So a BIG thank you, to Nutrabio for participating in the troops program and for making this a great experience!

Ok, so as indicated above this is a pure protein isolate product which has undergone some of the most strenuous yet delicate processes to ensure the utmost quality & value. As usual Nutrabio provides everything within the product through full disclosure of each ingredient... The first ingredient you'll note is 28.74g of whey isolate, they go on to disclose that there is 25g of complete protein present in each scoop; along with a measly 2g of carbs. Nutrabio also discloses the CFM (cross-flow micro & ultra filtration) process used to attain the highest biological availability.. So as you can tell, they don't slack with disclosure (and never have).

The second portion of the ingredient label is the 2.12g of flavoring where they go on to highlight a combination of flavorings down to the last milligram.. Upon reading the small print you'll see 750mg of natural flavor & of natural cocoa totaling 1500mg. Moving on you'll notice xanthan gum at 350mg, salt at 110mg, and sucralose at 80mg... Much of this doesn't need too much depth but I feel the need to highlight a couple key players that make this product so versatile.

First off, there is only 80mg of sucralose within the product. Sucralose has been deemed as safe by the FDA, yes.. but can still cause GI distress when in large amounts (more than 5mg/kg/bw/d). 80mg is well within the specified range so the average 150lb individual is good for about 4 shakes a day without sucralose ingestion becoming excessive (just don't give this shake to an infant...).

Second, there is 25 grams of non-denatured & "complete protein" within each scoop.. In other words, the protein's natural structure has been sustained and the 9 essential amino acids that make up a "complete protein" are still present... This is simply whey in it's purest form.

Third, they threw more potassium than salt into the product.. so it's a small perk, but a perk nonetheless..

I had the Cookies & Cream flavor, which was pretty fantastic.. but has room for improvement; such as striving for the taste of a Cookies N' Creme Hershey's bar...

The mix-ability was on point, shake for about 25 seconds and you have a great post-workout shake!

Dose is a scoop 1-3 times daily as needed to meet protein requirements.

I certainly had better recovery while using Nutrabio's whey isolate, but the product was mainly key in reaching my daily intake of protein... The product is easy on my stomach, so I would drink a shake about 45min prior to the gym and feel completely fine (which is unusual)..

Nutrabio has a price of 39.99 for a 2lb tub, but considering the quality.. you really can't beat it. Sure other brands might crank out better pricing, but they usually withhold from disclosure.. So in terms of a bang for your buck, this is just about as good as it gets.

Side Effects

NONE. No GI disress, nothing.

Conclusion

This is a great product from a great company. It really is that simple... Nutrabio prides themselves as being of the utmost quality & value, which reflects through their products.. So if you're looking for a protein isolate that will meet or exceed your standards. Look no further!
    • Cookies & Cream: 8/10

February 23, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Super Clean Protein
    • No Fillers
    • Mixes Well
    • Lactose And Gluten Free
    • Zero Fat And Carbs
    • A Bit Pricey
    yeah yeah another hulkish style review so sit back and enjoy SR nation. How can one tell if their protein is working? this is an age old question on this site with many good opinions and theories but is there a true way to tell? I have been training for along ass time and have used hundreds of different proteins from and not limited to; plant, casein, concentrate, isolate and so on. the protein I'm going to do my best to review is nutrabio 100%isolate. nutrabio has been one of the cleanest and purest I'm regards to quality in their product. I have been an advocate for them for years now and this product is no different. let's take a look at what I though of their 100% isolate.

TASTE 8/10

one word to describe the taste of this, YUMMY!!! I have been starting cut since i'm for lack of better terms fat from a long lay off due to injury and this was like an amazing dessert. for an isolate it was thick and mixed well to make protein sludge. I can't wait to try more FLAVORS :) of this. the one I received was double chocolate and it was smooth and didn't have that artificial after taste very enjoyable and looked forward to my mid-day snack.

EFFECTIVENESS 8/10

Here is where I get a bit hung up. How can one tell if their protein is delivering the goods? one thing I have noticed is gut rot, while consuming low grade protein you may discover green haze when you fart that can clear a room or bloating from lack of enzymes. some may even notice lack of recovery after sessions in the gym, well this is all true about low grade protein. this product on the other hand did not have any of those sides. I never had digestive issues or room clearing toxic gas. but to tell you the truth my recovery was just a tad bit better then with other proteins and on point with some of the other isolates like RCSS isotropic. this is a good thing it shows that the product is meeting the expectation of a fast dissolving protein.

consistent is a word I love to use when judging supplements. if a product can not present the same results each and every time used it is not worth my time. nutrabio delivers again with this product. from every aspect you can expect the same result on this one.

---CONTENT 8/10 ----

well read the label lol. as it states it is 100% whey isolate. it would have received a 10 but they used an artificial sweetener sucralose which has been linked in double blind studies to trick the brain into consuming added calories even when full. stevia would have been a better choice imho. other then that no complaints.

Value 8.0/10

value consists of a lot of things meeting expectations, availability and price per serving. Nutrabio is now listed on many websites other then there own which is nice to see. the price for a 2lber is around 40.00 bucks if you use 2 scoops that's only 20servings which can be steep for some. as for expectation it meet all my needs fo sho.

overall nutrabio is a great company from top to bottom they put out solid products that deliver every time. the taste of the protein was enjoyable, the consistent effects on recovery and overall nutrients is great. the only draw back is the sucralose. value has come up a bit now that other are selling the product. great stuff full hulk seal!

-k-
    • Rich Chocolate : 8/10

6.7
      August 24, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Fillers
    • Super Clean Protein
    • Mixes Well
    • Lactose And Gluten Free
    • Zero Fat And Carbs
    • I Use It Daily
    • Not Widely Available.
    • A Bit Pricey

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)

Thank you SR and NutraBio for the opportunity to review their Whey Isolate Protein. When it comes to protein supplements, I am very meticulous on what I use; at my age, quality comes in as my number 1 property. I was pleased to see when NutraBio's Whey Isolate came up for the Troopers, from the reviews I have read, I was eager to run it. During my run, I used the Whey Isolate in different ways, since it can be tough to gauge how a protein products benefits the body, so here we go!

This is where this product shines in my opinion; it does not get any cleaner than this! The fact that it is Non-GMO, Kosher, no fillers, and no proprietary blend, you know what you are putting in your body. In addition, being fully disclosed, will keep Big Brother (FDA) from trying to shut NutraBio down.
    110 Calories for one scoop is will defiantly do the trick for those who are getting ready for a show. Crabs are less than 2 grams, and 25 grams; not to mention, NutraBio uses a Cold Process when filtering the protein, this cuts down on any breakdowns in the molecules.

This stuff mixes very easy, I used water in a shaker cup, I used it in Coconut Milk (which taste the best for me, since I received the Strawberry flavor), and in fruit juice; No clumps and very small amount of foaming, which if you wait about 60 seconds, it dissipates.

Okay, I took a different approach on this, I used first thing the am, 20 mins after my workout, and as an intra-workout; results were spot on and surprising! On workout days I used 2 scoops and non-workout days, I used 1 scoop.

Taste, the Strawberry Flavor was yummy!

This is the real deal, I know that most of us it is hard to gauge a protein products on their claims; however, with NutraBio's Whey Isolate, effects on the body was noticeable.

1-scoop in the am, I enjoyed taking this as a wake me up protein, since it absorbs within 20 mins into your body. On days where I worked out the night before, I noticed that about an hour after taking it, the DOMS I was dealing with subsided a little; that told me it is working.

2-scoops on workout days, I normally would take a serving 30 mins before my workout and then 20 mins afterwards. Again, the recovery of my muscles was noticeable; it did not give you a feeling of being full, which allowed me to have a lite post workout meal with some complex carbs and protein.

1-scoop as intra, now this was something I have done in the past with some of other Isolates I have used; however, those would sometimes clump up in my mixer cub and in some case, started to have a smell, which told me they were not as clean. Now with this Isolate, I did not experience any smell and no clumping. As a matter a fact, I noticed that I would recover faster when I was doing high reps or German Volumizing training; this will help keep your body in an anabolic state.

Well, this is where the old saying comes in to place "You get what you pay for". Yes, at about $37.00 on Amazon or when NutraBio runs a sale, it can be expensive. However, are you really putting a price on your body? We are what we eat!

Side Effects

None at all, consider the reviews we see about bloating, running to the rest room, or passing the kind of gas that can kill a cat; NutraBio's Whey Isolate was a flawless as it gets.

Conclusion

At the end of the day, ask yourself "Do you want quality or do you want to get by?" Yes, it can be pricey; however, at the end of the day, as you look in the mirror, the results speak for themselves. I will be buying another tub in the near future; I will be looking out any sale that comes to my email. Thank you NutraBio again for the opportunity .
    • Wild Strawberry: 8/10

August 12, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Fillers
    • Super Clean Protein
    • A Bit Pricey

Hello again folks! I'm back with another review for you. I want to send out a HUGE thank you to NutraBio for allowing the Troopers to trial this product. I've heard great things about NutraBio and was looking forward to trying such a quality product and thankfully I wasn't disappointed. For reference I'm working out about 3 days a week with a 70/30 blend of weightlifting and cardio.

Short and sweet. I don't think anyone can complain about the profile on this product because it's as straight forward as it gets and so far it's the most transparent label I've seen. When writing reviews we're not supposed to list the whole profile but it's nearly impossible to do that with this product. This product contains only whey protein isolate and a few flavoring ingredients. It doesn't get any more simple than that.

8/8/10
    Taste - 8: NutraBio was kind enough to send me my favorite flavor, Chocolate and I was pleased with the flavor overall. The only complaint I had was that it wasn't sweet enough. The flavor resembled more of a dark chocolate, though it wasn't bitter, it wasn't very sweet and I'd like it to be a little sweeter.

Mix - 8: I mixed this product purely in water which worked fairly well but I did have some small issues with "volcanic powder pockets" as Dane Cook once called them. haha. I'd say 80-90% of the product mixed in well but from time to time my mix would have undispersed powder balls that I'd have to chew to break up. This might have been caused by humidity because this summer in Indiana has been notoriously humid, even with my A/C running constantly. Usually adding more liquid helps with this but not it did not in this case. And I want to make sure readers understand these undispersed pockets are better than some of the powders I've reviewed previously.

Dosing - 10: To go along with the ingredient profile this dose is just awesome. Out of a 30.5g dose (which is a smaller dose compared to other proteins), 92% (28.19g) is protein isolate yielding 25g of usable protein. I love how simple and small this dose is which made it easy to mix in smaller amounts of water. Instead of needing 16-24oz of water like I've had to use in the past this only required about 8-10oz.

Overall I saw about the same amount of effectiveness as I've seen in other decent whey protein isolates. Taken during or immediately after a workout I noticed a slight reduction in muscle soreness but not a complete elimination. I'd challenge anyone who's really challenging themselves to find a protein powder that completely eliminates soreness.

I've also noticed an increase in strength in recent weeks while taking the product but again, it's not a miracle product alone. I've been getting better at my lifting technique and this product seemed to work in cooperation with that.

This is my only qualm with this product. NutraBio's whey isolate sits at #3 in its category and I recently tried/reviewed the #2 product from ON. I'd say effectiveness was about equal, ON's flavor was a bit better but NutraBio's ingredient profile is better, however, ON has the better value. Best price for 5lbs of powder is $79.99 for Nutrabio and $51.99 for ON. Both have 74 doses so that comes to $1.08/sv and $0.78/sv respectively. I really like protein powders to be below $1/sv so obviously I was disappointed by the price of Nutrabio's product. I would expect a higher price/sv because it is a better quality product but that would be more in the $0.85-$0.90/sv range in my opinion. If I had some extra cash I would definitely purchase this product but on a regular basis I'd probably opt for the lower cost of ON's whey protein

Side Effects

none noticed

Conclusion

To wrap this up I'd like to, again, thank the NutraBio team for allowing me to try this product and provide a review for it. I was very pleased with the product and definitely recommend it for anyone who is willing to spend a little extra cash for a great quality product. I'm in a financial position where that isn't really available to me but if ever I have the extra cash I will be coming back to this product. I hope to continue to see NutraBio's dedication to excellent quality products and transparent supplement labels!

Happy Lifting!