Overall Score:   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #3 of 18 (better than 88%) in
Creatine > Monohydrate

Creatine Monohydrate is a Creatine Monohydrate Product manufactured by MyProtein. It consists primarily of creatine monohydrate which is the oldest, most researched form. It is tried and true and is commonly seen as 'CreaPure' in today's products. It can increase muscle power, translating to strength gains and increased muscle mass.
COMPARE SIMILAR

deumcole

September 30, 2015

(Thanks to MyProtein for sending it out!)
First off, a shout out and "thanks" to the My Protein reps. They sent a bunch of stuff out, and I've finally worked through it all.
This review will be for the creatine monohydrate, not their Creapure. Since they do carry both, I won't be comparing the simple creatine monohydrate to other products that feature Creapure.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: A
It is, as the name states, regular old creatine monohydrate. They didn't do anything fancy with it, no other additives to try and "beef it up", just straight up 5g of creatine monohydrate per serving. Even under "Other Ingredients", you simply get the word "none". I like it.
One, lone ingredient + dosed correctly = win.

TASTE: A
I did receive and unflavored version, which I believe is all they have. It didn't affect whatever drink I threw it in, so there's that. It truly was, for the most part, unflavored.

MIXING: A
Given the minute size of the scooper (+/- 1 tsp), there's not a lot of powder getting thrown into anything at any one point. As a result, it mixes rather effortlessly and quickly.

EFFECTIVENESS: A
This worked as well, and in some cases better, than most other creatine products I have used in the past. I typically took 10-15 grams (I was too lazy to count out 2 tsp and just grabbed a table spoon) pre-workout on training days, and before bed on non-training days.
Strength gains were about what is to be expected: decent, but nothing great. As compared to other creatine products I've used, the results were better than most.
Water retention (a big fear for most users) was kept to a minimum. In fact, I don't think I was bloated at all. I know some people who think creatine monohydrate in general will bloat them up like some on dem a-bombs, but it's just not going to happen period, in my opinion. But, to be safe, next to no water retention.

VALUE: A
As it is right now, My Protein seems to have a deal going on for the 1.1lb bags. They are actually listed at $5.59 (normally $13.99), as opposed to the $10.99 for the 0.5lb bag (which I received). A 2.2lb is listed as $17.99.
For the whole half a pound of creatine monohydrate I received, I got a grand total of 50 servings out of it (and it seemed to last forever at that). So that's around $0.22 per serving, for the 0.5lb bag. My "higher education" tells me that the price per serving improves with each larger bag.
What all that tells me, basically, is that this happens to be a very good deal any day of the week. The current sale going on doesn't hurt things at all, either.

OVERALL: A
At the end of it all, this is a good product at a great price. I feel like the unflavored version is the way to go, since that is all that seems to be in there. Whatever side effects may surround creatine in general are nowhere to be found here, and you most certainly won't be breaking the bank with this on.
    Wis3guy
      August 6, 2015

----Introduction----
    Hello all, I received this product as part of the trooper program and the generosity of MyProtein. During this long run (I will Explain) I had the normal results for me from a stand alone creatine product. I do wish it was creapure but they do sell that for an additional cost. I was training using the body beast program from beach body, as well as running and my standard TKD training.

----Ingredient Profile----
    Well at the clinical dose of 5 grams I received a bag of 50 servings. Plain and simple I don't think there is anything to say, other than as listed above I prefer the Creapure brand.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    This product has zero taste.
    Mixability was normal for creatine. If you shake your bottle you will be fine. I added this to numerous pre-workouts and BCAA drinks that I was using as well as the occasional protein shake.
    Dosing is simple 1tsp = 5 grams. However I was bored so I used the scooper from another product which listed a 4.625 gram serving. I figured no big deal I would get about 3 extra days out of this. However I think my scooper was faulty as I ended up with an extra 2+weeks. So the moral of the story is use the correct scooper.

----Effectiveness----
    During my run I added weight to my lifts. I also added weight to me, which I contribute to water weight that I always gain when using creatine. I did not get bloated just went up 2 to 3 pounds within a few days of starting. I also get an endurance boost when I am taking this which helped with my running.

----Value----
    This is my biggest problem. Today on Myproteins website you can get .5lb for $10.99 so basically 226. something grams. However at prosource.net today you can get 500 gram container of Creapure for $11.99. So for a dollar more you get double the servings of a known name brand product. I must admit I couldn't tell a difference between the two but for a dollar I would get the creapure

----Side Effects----
    I had the occasional urge to use to boys room but it was not more than 3 times for the whole run, so it could of been something unrelated.

----Conclusion----
    All in all I would say if they run a sale on this product or bring the price down I would consider buying this product again. This is an up and coming company that I think will grow and then be able to drop prices in order to compete. So if you are a responder to the most studied version of creatine and like to keep it simple give this stuff a try.
    mhseaver670

July 14, 2015

(Thanks to MyProtein for sending it out!)
    Myprotein.com is known for making some great quality products that lot of us trust, this is no different. I am like most everyone else knows that old school creatine works and works well. A lot like the Creapure better, but this seemed to work quite well for me and is way cheaper too.

Profile
    100 % Creatine Monohydrate
    5 grams per severing

That is it. Simple and effective. We could argue the source of the creatine all day, but I trust Myprotein.com and I trust this.

Taste
    I had the unflavored it was clean and mixed well. Very easy to use.

Effectiveness 8
    I have used creatine in lots of forms but this old school mono has always worked well with me, this and Kre-aklynn are my picks. The tub I got had 50 servings so I did it the old way and did a loading phase with it. Noticed a nice full look around day 10. Pumps was solid every workout. Strength was not a big change but I am not on that type of program now either. Recovery was pretty good but again, I am not hitting it as hard as I normally do , the summer is kinda my down time with family and so on. There really is not much else to say about this, I never had stomach issues or the huge bloating and water holding that some say they get from Monohydrate. Again I feel this worked well for me and the value is just another reason to give this a go.

Value 9.5
    You can get from half lb bags to 2.2 lb bags. I think mine was the half lb bag. I had 50+ servings in it and it will only run you 11 bucks. The 2.2 bag will cost around 18$ . I do not know the amount of servings that holds but just looking at what I got and the cost. This seems like a killer deal.
    I know most will still point out this is not Creapure, Although they do sell that as well. A 2.2 bag of Creapure will run around 33 bucks.

Overall 8.5
    Overall this brand has proven to me time and time again they can be trusted and used with confidence every time. The one thing I wish their site did was show the actual real label on the website. Just something I cant stand. NO I do not know where this is sourced from, But on the bag there is a label stating to quality control it went through and the batch number and so on. I liked this as well. It shows that IF something arises from this product they can back and look at the starting point. Good points here.
    Huge thanks to Myprotein.com for being a part of SR.com and making great products. You have several fans here on SR.com.