Creatine Monohydrate Reviews

By: MyProtein

Ranks #1 (better than 100%)
In: Creatine > Monohydrate

Creatine Monohydrate is a Creatine Monohydrate Product manufactured by MyProtein. It consists primarily of creatine monohydrate which is the oldest, most researched form. It is tried and true and is commonly seen as 'CreaPure' in today's products. It can increase muscle power, translating to strength gains and increased muscle mass.

Creatine > Monohydrate

Overall
Overall
9.3
9.8
  July 24, 2017

• No Bloating

When you start to hit a wall, what is better than old trusted, tried and true creatine monohydrate to help out. Based on the reviews for MyProtein and having used their whey protein a few years back I decided to order a sack of this.

100% pure creatine monohydrate. You get 5g per scoop. Just a quick overview on creatine monohydrate. We produce creatine naturally in our bodies from amino acids. It is also found in meat and fish. Cooking these items can breakdown the creatine and limit its value which is why it is nice to have this in the powder form.

I had the unflavored version. If you order one of the flavored versions there is a note on MyProtein's website that says if you choose a flavored version it will reduce the Creatine Monohydrate content by approximately 15%. This mixed fine and had zero issues. The dosing was mixed since I did a loading phase. I loaded at 5g per serving four times per day for five days. I mixed two of these servings with my protein shakes and then I had the other two added to 6 ounces of water. The doses during the loading phase were about 2-3 hours apart based on convenience. Once the loading phase was done I dosed this at one scoop daily with my post workout protein shake.

I was looking for this to increase overall strength and help with the heavier push and pull lifts. This did just that. On some of the exercises I had started plateauing and becoming stagnant with the amount of weight for each exercise. I went back to the drawing board and looked at form along with a few other things (adjusting drop sets, supersets, etc..) to see if I could work on improving those things to set a few new PR's. I was able to hit a PR or two when I improved my form and made other adjustments but I wasn't satisfied and felt like I was right on the edge of beating a few more PR's. I was already taking a PWO, my protein intake and macros were where they should be and I was using BCAA's. That's when it hit me. Why not call an old friend in to help out. I decided it was time to add creatine monohydrate back into my stack. Once I added it in it took about 10 days and then I was able to set my first new PR. As the weeks and months went on I hit a few more PR's with individual exercises but the big three (bench, squat and deadlift) was where I got the most bang for my buck. The one major thing I did notice was on the big three lifts I had more initial power when starting those lifts. On the bench I felt on the initial push it was much easier. The same for deadlifts and squats. I was able to increase the weight and reps.

The value is great. You have a few options to go with. Option 1 is a 0.5 lb pound bag which has about 45 servings for $4.50 which comes out to $0.10 per serving. Option 2 is a 1.1 lb bag with 100 servings for $9.09 which comes out to $0.09 per serving and option 3 is a 2.2 lb bag that has 200 servings for $11.89 which works out to $0.05 per serving.

Side Effects

None. There was no bloating experienced.

Conclusion

An effective supplement that is cheap. What more could you ask for? MyProtein produces quality supplements and they hit another one out of the park with this one. I have used creatine blends and creatine HCL but this one is definitely my favorite so far. I would recommend this based on price and results. The other big thumbs up is I did not experience any bloating which is rare for me when using creatine monohydrate.

Advertisement:
    Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

March 8, 2017

Cons:

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
      Name is Kaka. I workout regularly 3-4 times a week. I stand at 6'3 and about 180 pounds and i am trying to bulk without gaining fat. I have tried many different supplements and i think i can give you my opinion about them. I was looking for a Creatine Monohydrate product and i tried this.

It contains only one ingredient which is Creatine Monohydrate. Simple profile.
      Serving is 5 grams.

Creatine helps to regenerate a molecule called adenosine triphosphate (ATP), your body's main source of energy. When creatine stores in your muscles are depleted, the production of ATP comes to a screeching halt and your energy is dramatically decreased. Supplementing with creatine increases the available fuel to power ATP, which can increase muscle strength, size and power output.

Why did you choose Monohydrate and not other forms of creatine?
      From my point of view the best form of creatine is basic Creatine Monohydrate, which is the cheapest, yet on par with many other forms. No other form has enough evidence to claim it is better than Monohydrate. It is the best 'bang-for-you-buck' form of creatine as the others tend to carry higher prices on the labels. That being said, other forms may have benefits that are not related to the creatine molecule itself but due to solubility (Creatine Citrate and Creapure (Micronized Creatine), although just as potent as Creatine Monohydrate, are more water-soluble and may be of interest to avoid the clumping in water).

I had the unflavored version. It didn't affect the taste of my pre workout at all which is a plus (like Agmatine) and it mixed pretty good.
      I used only one serving per workout.

Strength was decent and consistent but nothing out of mind. It helped me with that "extra" rep during my sets and it allowed me to raise the weight in bench press by 10lbs, not bad at all. It wasn't an enormous impact, but a solid one and I am positive it helped me with my strength gains. While i did not experience pumps i had a good increase in vascularity overall, i could feel the muscles fuller than before and that made me happy. Recovery was the same as without it but let's be honest creatine is mostly for strength so i can't complain for that at all.

I bought the 250 grams bag for 6.40 Euros (6.77 Dollars). It's good value (0.12 Euros per serving).

Side Effects

Nothing at all.

Conclusion

If you are looking for something cheap, consistent and effective to "spice up" your workout this product could do the trick for you. It helped me in terms of strength and it worked every time.

Advertisement:
      Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

September 30, 2015

Cons:
        First off, a shout out and "thanks" to the My Protein reps. They sent a bunch of stuff out, and I've finally worked through it all.
        This review will be for the creatine monohydrate, not their Creapure. Since they do carry both, I won't be comparing the simple creatine monohydrate to other products that feature Creapure.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: A
        It is, as the name states, regular old creatine monohydrate. They didn't do anything fancy with it, no other additives to try and "beef it up", just straight up 5g of creatine monohydrate per serving. Even under "Other Ingredients", you simply get the word "none". I like it.
        One, lone ingredient + dosed correctly = win.

TASTE: A
        I did receive and unflavored version, which I believe is all they have. It didn't affect whatever drink I threw it in, so there's that. It truly was, for the most part, unflavored.

MIXING: A
        Given the minute size of the scooper (+/- 1 tsp), there's not a lot of powder getting thrown into anything at any one point. As a result, it mixes rather effortlessly and quickly.

EFFECTIVENESS: A
        This worked as well, and in some cases better, than most other creatine products I have used in the past. I typically took 10-15 grams (I was too lazy to count out 2 tsp and just grabbed a table spoon) pre-workout on training days, and before bed on non-training days.
        Strength gains were about what is to be expected: decent, but nothing great. As compared to other creatine products I've used, the results were better than most.
        Water retention (a big fear for most users) was kept to a minimum. In fact, I don't think I was bloated at all. I know some people who think creatine monohydrate in general will bloat them up like some on dem a-bombs, but it's just not going to happen period, in my opinion. But, to be safe, next to no water retention.

VALUE: A
        As it is right now, My Protein seems to have a deal going on for the 1.1lb bags. They are actually listed at $5.59 (normally $13.99), as opposed to the $10.99 for the 0.5lb bag (which I received). A 2.2lb is listed as $17.99.
        For the whole half a pound of creatine monohydrate I received, I got a grand total of 50 servings out of it (and it seemed to last forever at that). So that's around $0.22 per serving, for the 0.5lb bag. My "higher education" tells me that the price per serving improves with each larger bag.
        What all that tells me, basically, is that this happens to be a very good deal any day of the week. The current sale going on doesn't hurt things at all, either.

OVERALL: A
        At the end of it all, this is a good product at a great price. I feel like the unflavored version is the way to go, since that is all that seems to be in there. Whatever side effects may surround creatine in general are nowhere to be found here, and you most certainly won't be breaking the bank with this on.

August 6, 2015

Cons:

Hello all, I received this product as part of the trooper program and the generosity of MyProtein. During this long run (I will Explain) I had the normal results for me from a stand alone creatine product. I do wish it was creapure but they do sell that for an additional cost. I was training using the body beast program from beach body, as well as running and my standard TKD training.

Well at the clinical dose of 5 grams I received a bag of 50 servings. Plain and simple I don't think there is anything to say, other than as listed above I prefer the Creapure brand.

This product has zero taste.
        Mixability was normal for creatine. If you shake your bottle you will be fine. I added this to numerous pre-workouts and BCAA drinks that I was using as well as the occasional protein shake.
        Dosing is simple 1tsp = 5 grams. However I was bored so I used the scooper from another product which listed a 4.625 gram serving. I figured no big deal I would get about 3 extra days out of this. However I think my scooper was faulty as I ended up with an extra 2+weeks. So the moral of the story is use the correct scooper.

During my run I added weight to my lifts. I also added weight to me, which I contribute to water weight that I always gain when using creatine. I did not get bloated just went up 2 to 3 pounds within a few days of starting. I also get an endurance boost when I am taking this which helped with my running.

This is my biggest problem. Today on Myproteins website you can get .5lb for $10.99 so basically 226. something grams. However at prosource.net today you can get 500 gram container of Creapure for $11.99. So for a dollar more you get double the servings of a known name brand product. I must admit I couldn't tell a difference between the two but for a dollar I would get the creapure

Side Effects

I had the occasional urge to use to boys room but it was not more than 3 times for the whole run, so it could of been something unrelated.

Conclusion

All in all I would say if they run a sale on this product or bring the price down I would consider buying this product again. This is an up and coming company that I think will grow and then be able to drop prices in order to compete. So if you are a responder to the most studied version of creatine and like to keep it simple give this stuff a try.

9.5
          July 14, 2015

Cons:
          Myprotein.com is known for making some great quality products that lot of us trust, this is no different. I am like most everyone else knows that old school creatine works and works well. A lot like the Creapure better, but this seemed to work quite well for me and is way cheaper too.

Profile
          100 % Creatine Monohydrate
          5 grams per severing

That is it. Simple and effective. We could argue the source of the creatine all day, but I trust Myprotein.com and I trust this.

Taste
          I had the unflavored it was clean and mixed well. Very easy to use.

Effectiveness 8
          I have used creatine in lots of forms but this old school mono has always worked well with me, this and Kre-aklynn are my picks. The tub I got had 50 servings so I did it the old way and did a loading phase with it. Noticed a nice full look around day 10. Pumps was solid every workout. Strength was not a big change but I am not on that type of program now either. Recovery was pretty good but again, I am not hitting it as hard as I normally do , the summer is kinda my down time with family and so on. There really is not much else to say about this, I never had stomach issues or the huge bloating and water holding that some say they get from Monohydrate. Again I feel this worked well for me and the value is just another reason to give this a go.

Value 9.5
          You can get from half lb bags to 2.2 lb bags. I think mine was the half lb bag. I had 50+ servings in it and it will only run you 11 bucks. The 2.2 bag will cost around 18$ . I do not know the amount of servings that holds but just looking at what I got and the cost. This seems like a killer deal.
          I know most will still point out this is not Creapure, Although they do sell that as well. A 2.2 bag of Creapure will run around 33 bucks.

Overall 8.5
          Overall this brand has proven to me time and time again they can be trusted and used with confidence every time. The one thing I wish their site did was show the actual real label on the website. Just something I cant stand. NO I do not know where this is sourced from, But on the bag there is a label stating to quality control it went through and the batch number and so on. I liked this as well. It shows that IF something arises from this product they can back and look at the starting point. Good points here.
          Huge thanks to Myprotein.com for being a part of SR.com and making great products. You have several fans here on SR.com.