50 Billion CFU Probiotic with Prebiotics Reviews

By: Intelligent Labs

50 Billion CFU Probiotic with Prebiotics is a Digestive Health Product manufactured by Intelligent Labs. It helps the body to regulate and maintain a healthy digestive function state.

5.3
  April 11, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Digestion
  • Easy Bowel Movements
  • Less Stomach Bloat
  • Less Gas
  • High Quality Ingredients
  • Keeps You Regular
  • Pricey
----Introduction---
My name is Elena and I am a Bulgarian beauty blogger who's willing to take the first step towards a healthier life. I am working from home so I need to be a bit more conscious about what I'm doing to my body in the long run. This is my introduction to the world of supplements in a way - I've taken a few for different reasons so far, but never on a regular basis.

I found out about SR via a recommendation by a friend where to find honest and in-depth reviews. I wanted to share that I found a great probiotic supplement which works for my needs (to cut down on sweets, have a regular digestion and reduce bloating) - so this first review is dedicated to the product which has produced the greatest effect in the shortest of time. :)

I don't have any specific fitness goals, I just want to make my life a bit healthier so that I don't end up feeling like a 70-year-old in my thirties... I haven't exercised regularly since high-school and I intend to take up yoga to help me with my working-from-home situation. :)

I am currently taking NutriLite Spirulina&Vitamin B supplements, as well as Intelligent Labs' Omega 3. Will post as soon as I have more to write about them, too!

Probiotics and Prebiotics: blend of 10 different bile-resistant strains at 50 Billion CFU (which is above the average for other probiotic supplements) + Sunfiber, FOS

The prebiotics in the mix ensure that the strains have something to "cling" on to in order to make your guts a better place in the long run.

No noticeble taste, the capsules are very easy to swallow. The dosage is one capsule daily to maintain your gut health and two capsules daily for treatment. The packaging doesn't mention anything about mixability issues. The tub contains 60 capsules which are enough for a 2-month maintenance course.

I am a regular probiotics user because I've had problems with indigestion since my teen years. I have tried several probiotics so far - mainly Bulgarian ones like Enterosan, and they only made my digestion go crazy (talk about restroom strolls several times a day). I don't know what the reason for this was, but I couldn't take the prescribed daily dose as it would make it impossible for me to leave the house. And decreasing the daily dose led to a decrease in effectiveness which was noticeable. I've also tried a turmeric supplement, which managed to improve my intestinal health for the most part, although I chose it for an entirely different reason - in an attempt to boost my immune system (I won't disclose the brand as it was a paid review for my blog). The effect simply subsided after I took the last capsule, so I don't think it is a good choice for a probiotics supplement substitute.

Something which I'm really happy about is that I don't have to keep the Intelligetn Labs tub in the refrigerator. It's really diffucult to take proper care of refrigerated probiotics when travelling. The capsules themselves are delayed release, so you don't have to worry the probiotics won't get to your intestines. Ah, and they're veggie (not really interested in this part, but thought it might be helpful to someone).

With Intelligent Labs' Probiotics, I saw great results from week 1 (I'm not kidding, it was that fast). I noticed improvement in my digestion: no bloating, regular visits to the restroom, decreased inclination to eat sweets. The latter is my greatest surprise and is something I am really happy about as this is my worst nutritional sin! Intelligent Labs claim that probiotics have effect on your skin, mood and weight, and I will be happy to see those, too - I think might have to wait a bit more, though.

What I expect is to see the effects on my intestinal health stay in the long run even if I stop taking the probiotics. The goal is to populate the guts with healthy microflora so they can operate on their own, right? :) So far, I am more than happy, having my indigestion under control and not having to worry about bloating and constipation.

A bit pricier than I want it to be - 39.99 per tub, but it's really potent so the price is justified. Also, one tub lasts two months, so I think I might be able to continue using them for a few months each year, to make sure my intestinal health is on track. The one thing that bugs me is that I can't find these at local drugstores and have to order from Amazon. They have free (and pretty fast) shipping, but I still would love to have easier access.

Side Effects

No noticeable side effects.

Conclusion

Great probiotic supplement, you don't need to keep it refrigerated as with other probiotic supps. The potency of the strains is verified (you can find info on their website) and you know exactly what you are getting for your money. It's a lot pricier than other probiotics I've tried but they didn't work well for me - they simply replaced constipation with diarrhea.

Thanks to the moderators for the tips and the patience - I hope I'm being more helpful now. My rating remains the same, though, as I believe it's an accurate reflection of the product. :)

July 20, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Digestion
  • Less Stomach Bloat
  • Easy Bowel Movements
  • Less Gas
  • High Quality Ingredients
  • Clear Skin
    - Introduction -
    When it comes to supplements, people can mostly focus on ones that will product noticeable effects on the outside such as bigger muscles, more visible abs and what not. Too many times we forget to take care of our insides by eating artificial products and other things that can cause problems we cannot see, but rather feel. After some time an unhappy gut and stomach problems become a norm for us and we can assume that it is just completely normal to be punishing toilets on the daily. To counteract all these stomach problems you can do two things, clean up your diet, or take a probiotic. The latter is somewhat easy, so that is what most of us go for. Though when the two are combined that is when you will notice the greatest benefits as I will go into. Since I eat roughly the same thing every day in order to stay consistent, I try to take in a large verity of fruits, vegetables and meats to go along with a daily exercise routine. Adding a probiotic to my routine can benefit me by simply filling any gaps that might be in my diet in terms of my overall gut health, and the results speak for themselves.

- Ingredient Profile -
    50 billion CFU per capsule, let that sink in for a little. If you are familer with probiotics the average one has about 15-20 billion CFU per serving which could be 1-2 capsules. How Intelligent labs fits that much into a capsule is impressive and the nice thing is you only need one to reap the benefits of taking 2-3 of the competitions. I won't be going too deep into the ingredients mainly because it is a prop blend of L. Acidophilus as well as some added Sunfiber which is a prebiotic which . Intelligent Labs has one of the most complete and well dosed probiotics on the market in terms of concentration and ingredients. 9/10

Would recommend checking out their website for more info: https://www.intelligentlabs.org/product/prebiotics-and-probiotics-with-sunfiber-and-fos/

- Dosing -
    Took 1 capsule in the morning since I maintain a generally 'clean' diet, with 60 capsules total this would be roughly a 2 month supply.

- Effectiveness -
    In terms of effectiveness probiotics can be difficult to see, although depending on your gut situation it can be quite noticeable. Some of the benefits touted by Intelligent Labs are help improve skin health, mood, gastrointestinal health, and immune health. As well as weight reduction and insulin sensitivity. One of the benefits I noticed the most, was when the bottle ran out. My skin had been rather clear throughout my usage of this, and once I stopped taking them I noticed my skin wasn't staying clear as consistently as it previously had with some acne popping. The next one of noticed was during my supplementation of this I never had stomach issues even when I ventured off diet with foods that normally cause some issues. Did not notice much of a difference in mood, however I am normally a rather stoic person so I did not expect to see much of a difference as well as my weight stayed roughly the same throughout supplementation. Some of the effects I could not gauge were immune health, but I hardly ever get sick in the first place and insulin sensitivity since I do not keep track of my insulin levels.

- Value -
    $40 for 60 capsules sounds sort of expensive at first, but when you take in account the concentration of probiotics and the overall quality of it the value is pretty good. For most people only one capsule is need daily, and at this price it is solid deal for what you are getting.

- Side Effects -

- Conclusion -
    Overall Intelligent Labs has another solid product with their probiotics. They also have an informative website which explains everything as well as a 100% money back guarantee. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a top of the line probiotic to aid in gut health and overall improved well-being.

Overall
    Overall
    9.3
    9.5
      July 13, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Easy Bowel Movements
    • Less Stomach Bloat
    • Less Gas
    • High Quality Ingredients
    • Time Released Formula
    • Keeps You Regular
    • Digestion

I'd like to start off by extending a thank you to supplementreviews.com and Intelligent Labs for offering and participating in the TROOPER review program. This program allowed me to try the product for free in exchange for an honest, unbiased review.

Along with a multivitamin and fish oil, probiotics are actually a staple supplement for me. I have used a few different brands and strengths in the last couple years, so I do have some basis for comparison. As I have documented in some of my other reviews for gut related products, I have some digestive issues that have been drastically improved though the use of fiber and prebiotic/probiotic supplements. I've talked to many folks living the high protein lifestyle who have similar issue with regulating BMs and gas/bloating. The main issue for me is staying regular. Unaided by supplements I find myself either not going for days, or having the runs, and having very bad gas/bloating in either case. This is exacerbated when I get out of my normal daily routine when I travel, which I do a lot in the summer, where I tend to get VERY backed up (like not having a BM for up to a week). Living with all those issues makes me uncomfortable a lot of the time, no doubt. For me, a good probiotic evens everything out, helps me have healthy BMs most every day, and cuts down on the gas and bloating. So, let me share how Intelligent Labs product performed.

First off, let me say that I AM NOT an expert on all the different probiotic strains of bacteria. So I'm not even going to attempt to give any information about the types this product contains. What I can say is that I have noticed that for me, products with more strains seem to work better. Intelligent Labs has 10 different strains at 50 Billion CFU, which is on par with other good quality probiotics I have used. CFU stands for Colony Forming Units; basically the measurement of how much probiotics are in a product. The bigger the number the more potent. Each of the strains is trademarked and used specifically for its effectiveness. I like seeing trademarked ingredients because they are usually indicative of very high quality. They also include Sunfiber (Guar Gum) which is a top quality soluble fiber and Fructooligosacharrides which are prebiotics. These prebiotics are basically food for the bacteria and keep them alive. This is one of the ways Intelligent Labs guarantees full potency until their expiration date, even stored at room temperature. I love that I don't have to keep these in the fridge. It is VERY convenient. They have some other good methods to ensure potency as well. They actually fill each capsule to 70 Billion CFU at manufacture to account for some death and degradation over time. They also use a bottle with a special lining to absorb all moisture down to .1% since moisture kills probiotics. .1% is pretty incredibly dry and very impressive! In the write up they mentioned we would notice the quality of the container since this was actually a vital part of the quality of their product. In addition to all that the veggie capsules themselves are time release to allow them to get to the intestine before opening; thus delivering their payload where it's needed instead of having much of it killed off by the stomach. I have to say I agree as you can see the special coating inside the bottle, it seals very well, and is about twice as heavy as a normal plastic bottle of its size. I have to say I'm really impressed the ingredient profile on this product.

Taste/Dosing

Each capsule contains 50 Billion CFU which for someone with my issues is a great daily maintenance dose. I do feel that 50 Billion CFU might be a little overkill for someone without any issues but it's not like taking extra is going to hurt you. A lot of people I have spoken who have tried probiotics tell me they didn't do anything. Invariably they were taking a cheap one from Walgreens or some such that is only 1-5 Billion CFU. Potency matters, people! I'm glad Intelligent Labs dosed it more on the heavy side. If you happen to be on an antibiotic you can always double it up to hit 100 CFU a day which is ideal when drugs are killing off everything in your system.

The capsules didn't have any taste and were easy to swallow. They suggest taking them in the morning on an empty stomach but they worked just fine for me taking them at lunch, even though I usually took it with my food, not on an empty stomach.

As far as addressing all the concerns I listed earlier, this product is hands down the best performing probiotic I have used to date. BMs were happening very regularly; almost every day and sometimes more than once, which is fantastic. Gas and bloating were kept to a minimum because food and waste were moving through my system quickly and efficiently. When traveling I still had some of the normal issues, but greatly reduced in severity. I also felt like I was absorbing a lot more nutrients from my food, although I can't quantify that other than just saying that I felt really good while on the product and had no upset stomach after any meals which I sometimes do get. I did still have some loose BMs but that was usually only after my workout when I had consumed a ton of stims and creatine, so that's to be expected. Again, the severity of this was vastly reduced. Overall, my digestive tract felt as good as it ever has and it showed in my energy levels and enthusiasm for life. I find life is a little easier when you feel physically well.

On their own website or amazon.com a 60 servings run at $40. They even offer free shipping on all orders. At one a day like I ran it this is a great value. Although there are cheaper options out there this is a product where you get what you pay for but you could easily pay just as much or more for a far inferior product. Honestly, I'm super surprised that something of this quality isn't running at a much higher price. Intelligent Labs truly seems interested in brings high quality, affordable supplements to market, just like the "About Us" section on their website says. Well done!

Side Effects

Conclusion

I'm really impressed by Intelligent Labs and would recommend them to anyone. I hope down the road they can continue to expand into more supplements. Usually, I ignore most all the marketing hype from companies because 9 times out of 10 it's all just BS to try to sell the same old stuff. Intelligent Labs is that 1 out of 10 that I have found myself able to buy into. After using two of their products (check out my review on their fish oil) I am really confident that this is a fantastic company that delivers on their claims. After adding all the positives of the probiotic up I am just really impressed with the formula and attention to detail. It's definitely above and beyond what I have seen any other manufacturer doing with their products. If you have some digestive issues definitely give this product a try!

Thanks for reading!

July 9, 2016

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Digestion
      • Easy Bowel Movements
      • Less Stomach Bloat
      • Less Cramps
      • Less Gas
      • High Quality Ingredients
      • Time Released Formula

Hello SR. Here to place my review on an effective probiotics supplement. First I would like to thank Intelligent Labs for sending this out to review, and the SR TROOPs program for making the connection possible. I've taken several probiotic supplements to aid with digestion purposes, and I'd have to say that none have worked as well as this brands product. That being said, here's my review on a supplement that works wonders for the old digestive system.

I'm not really going to get into details about the 10 strains because I honestly have no clue what each individuals purpose is, but I know they're needed to make the product effective. Aside from the 10 strains included in the probiotic, you also have 50 billion CFU to ensure that you have enough to get the max effectiveness from the supplement. Interestingly, Intelligent Labs notes that they actually add 70 billion CFU during manufacturing because these do begin to degrade, and having more means that you definitely get the amount your supposed to when it comes to consumption.

The capsules are time released so the probiotics reach your intestines, which is what has to happen for them to even work really. Then you also have prebiotics to feed the probiotics, and Intelligent Labs even goes as far into details to ensure that the bottle does not allow moisture build up. Very solid ingredient profile that has honestly been planned out quite extensively.

There's no taste at all and the capsules are small and easy to swallow.

Dosing is only 1 capsule daily, which I consumed in the morning on an empty stomach. This is very easy to dose with and no a pain to fit into your supplement planning schedule. Simply wake up and drink down a glass of water with a capsule. Boom your done.

Effectiveness to me is how well it worked for my digestive system. I've been on a high calorie diet for bulking purposes which means I'm consuming calories from unhealthy foods sometimes that normally wouldn't sit well with my body since I like eating a lot of fresh things, but sometimes I just have the urge to eat nasty for my body foods from time to time lol anyways instead of getting runs or excessive gas from these foods while using this supplement, I instead maintained a nice solid yet soft floaty that didn't make my stomach feel upset or butt hurt for lack of better words. Also, something about my overall well being just seemed to feel heightened in a way. Can't really explain it, but I just felt good having a supplement that increased the health of my digestive system.

Okay, so it's $40.00 a bottle and contains 60 servings. That's around $0.67 per serving, which is honestly a good price considering you essentially have 2 months of dosing, and everything about the product from the ingredients, to the capsule, and even the bottle are high quality. I'd of course like to see it cheaper, but you are getting what you pay for honestly.

Side Effects

None!

Conclusion

I'd recommend this supplement to anybody who is taking on high calories, consuming a lot of protein rich foods, or those who feel constipated frequently. Heck, even those who always have "tummy aches" will probably benefit from this product. A high quality probiotic that is affordable considering you are paying $20 bucks a month, but you just have to pay the second month in advanced. Thanks again for allowing me to review your supplement Intelligent Labs.

July 3, 2016

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Digestion
        • Easy Bowel Movements
        • Less Stomach Bloat
        • Less Cramps
        • Less Gas
        • Pricey

This is not your ordinary probiotic supplement. Intelligent Labs has included prebiotic fibers which nourish and support the probiotic strains and help keep them alive while they are chilling in the bottle. Speaking of the probiotic strains, there are ten in this supplement. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not super well-versed in probiotics but in the few that I have used, I have only seen a handful (usually no more than five) of strains. That being said, I know that NOW has a product out with ten strains in it so I'm sure there are others as well. Regardless, ten probiotic strains is great for someone like myself who isn't quite sure which ones are best, and in the event that they all help then I'd like to have as many as possible. Also, included in my ingredient profile rating is the cool bottle that Intelligent Labs uses. According to Intelligent Labs, their unique bottle does not need to be refrigerated which is honestly great. During my usage of this product I took the bottle with me on flights and road trips where the lack of refrigeration may have killed off the probiotics in other supplements so I definitely took advantage of Intelligent Labs' unique bottle design and give them some serious props for it. The last part of the ingredient profile that stood out to me is the use of delayed-release veggie capsules. While I'm not a vegetarian or vegan, this is good news for those of you that are. Additionally, what's not to like about delayed-release? In short, Intelligent Labs packed their probiotic supplement with all kinds of digestive goodies and I can't find one bone to pick with them here.

Intelligent Labs recommends one capsule a day for normal maintenance and two a day for critical digestive support. I took one capsule most days but would occasionally take a second capsule/serving later in the day if I had eaten a lot of food. There's no taste or after-taste at all to these capsules and they are very easy to swallow. Not much else to say here.

8.5/10
        Based off my glowing praise so far you'd probably expect a 10/10 for effectiveness too, but not so fast. Like I mentioned earlier, I am still relatively new to the world of probiotics and still have tons of research to do. That being said, I can only compare this product to a few probiotics I have tried, all of which were just some basic ones found at the supplement department of my local grocer or pharmacy (shout out Publix & CVS). Those products cannot even begin to hold a candle to Intelligent Labs' probiotic supplement. Now you might wonder how I can give 10s in other categories if I can't give one here because of lack of experience with other products. My response is simply that a lack experience of using multiple probiotics doesn't affect label, dosing, or price comparisons since those are irrelevant to the actual effectiveness comparisons because I'd need to actually take, and not just research, the supplements to do those comparisons, but I digress.

When dosing at one capsule in the morning/upon waking I felt much better than when I wasn't taking any probiotics, or even worse ones, at all. For example, I get horrible cramps, and gas when I don't take a probiotic. Occasionally I will still get some cramps and gas with a few of the lesser products I've used but they seem to almost completely subside when I've used higher quality products like this. With this product in particular, I noticed a severe reduction in gas and cramps for most of the day but if I had a long day (read: 18+ hr day) then I would get some minor gas and/or cramps before bed. I also get some seriously bad bloating when not using probiotics. Similar to my experience with gas and cramps, I noticed my bloating was largely non-existent. I will say, however, that whenever I ate an extremely large amount of food that I would still experience some of these symptoms but not to the same degree that I would when not using probiotics or low-quality ones. On the days that I took a second capsule/dose later in the day I felt an even bigger reduction in these symptoms after extreme amounts of food, and didn't notice them at all before bed. The little bit I experienced before bed or after large amounts of food (1000-1500+ cal meals) with a one capsule dose was to be expected and not at all debilitating though so I wouldn't dose it at two capsules a day if I were you.

This is a perfect 8/10 for me because I honestly don't mind paying this at all for the experience I had. I can't say its great however because it is about $40 for 60 days and there are some cheaper, but high quality, products out there. Still, I'm more than willing to pay this for what I experienced. Plus the cool bottle came in handy multiple times for me. When I can afford it, this will definitely be a staple in my supplement regimen.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects.

Conclusion

This product from Intelligent Labs really blew me away. I was very surprised with how well this worked and definitely recommend it to anyone with digestion issues. I can't give this a perfect 10/10 because of the value and the effectiveness but this comes as close as I have seen so far with my experience (albeit limited) in probiotics.

7.1
          June 19, 2016

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Digestion
        • Less Stomach Bloat
        • Easy Bowel Movements

Happy Father's Day SR, one of my gifts was some alone time and peace and quiet which is much appreciated after a hectic couple of weeks getting married etc, etc so I'll get some reviews done. This will be a review for Intelligent Labs Probiotics. I think most of us have diets that are not that great for digestive health, whether it's cutting or bulking it can be pretty strenuous on our digestive tracts. Personally, I used this mainly while low carb cutting which if you've ever done, eating a ton of meat, eggs, etc it's easy to get backed up, and have pretty tough bowel movements, so I almost always utilize probiotics or digestive enzymes whether it's involved in a multivitamin or standalone to help keep regular bowel movements, reduce stomach bloat, and extra nutrient absorption. Let's see how this standalone worked!

I attached a picture of the supplement facts on the bottle, and I encourage everyone to visit the Intelligent Labs website who does a nice job of explaining their probiotics, their quality, and health benefits. Compared to the probiotics I have taken in the past, such as the ones in Orange Triad, Opti-Men, standalone NOW probiotics, and Vitamin Shoppe brand, this is a premium product. Some highlights of the profile is it is a very high CFU count at 50 billion and contains 10 clinical strains. The only previous product I have used that is close to that is NOW, which also has a 10 strain 50 billion count product. Where I believe Intelligent Labs goes an extra mile is they include probiotics as well, to ensure that the 50 billion is actually 50 by the time you use it. They actually pack it will 70 billion, include the probiotics for more survival, and have a special bottle to help reduce moisture for even more survival. They guarantee that 2 years from when the bottle is made each capsule will have 50 billion CFU. Did I have it sent out for testing and purity? Of course not but I like the extra steps, and by all accounts this looks like a premium probiotic profile when compared to its peers.

No taste or mixability, just one very easy to swallow capsule. This is recommended to take on an empty stomach, just one a day. Easy I took it first think in the morning with water, simple. Side note: Some other probiotics I've taken in the past do require 1-2 servings because of lower counts, potency, etc. So one a day is very easy and simple. Another plus.

Probiotics can be hard to gauge as they don't have immediate effects like energy, pump, or even libido. What I look for first is much easier digestion/bowel movements, some reduction in stomach boat, and even just an overall sense of feeling healthy. I can say that this product delivered on all counts. While low carb cutting, I eat a ton of meat, cheese, eggs, etc and after doing that for a couple weeks you can pretty constipated, which leads to difficult bowel movements. During my run of this product this was not the case, and I had dependable, soft, easy bowel movements just about every day. I did not have any stomach bloat because of no constipation, and I did feel good and healthy just about everyday even while on a caloric and carb deficit. I felt that this product worked extremely well considering the circumstances. Even on cheat days and a cheat week during my wedding, I feel it handled the beer and junk really well. Very happy with the performance of this product.

So intelligent labs is a new small company, and I can only find this product on their website. This contains 60 caps, and at one a day that gives you a two month supply which is great. The cost of this is $40, which is very high, although you do receive a 10% discount when you subscribe which bring it down to $36. When I compare it to it's closest competitor, the NOW 50 billion product, it costs about $20 for a 50 day supply. I do believe the quality is higher with Intelligent Labs, but the cost for the NOW product is much lower. Hopefully distribution can widen and this products price can lower some.

Side Effects

None. Never got the runs, excessive gas, etc.

Conclusion

This is a great probiotic supplement. It really helped with digestion, which a lot of us need. It costs quite a bit but you do get 2 full months of great digestion.