Turmeric Reviews

By: Natures Bounty

Turmeric is an Anti-Oxidant manufactured by Natures Bounty. It helps prevent the harmful 'free-radicals' that can cause cell damage in the body.

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:

For those who know I am me. Actually I am a 44 year old father of 2 kids, (high school, Middle school). I work out and enjoy trying new things. I also teach martial arts, and work from home most days. Which allows me to train in my basement, or the gym next door, as well as take care of the family and the family dog. I am still trying to loose weight, and if you follow my journal https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=33345.0 you know that I am looking to increase workload without increasing soreness. I have heard about Turmeric from a lot of sources. Anywhere from Dr.OZ (oh no) to people on this site I find intelligent. So I went and bought it, as it is dirt cheap to try in my opinion. I found it at my local Grocery store and picked it up.

This is very simple, 2 ingredients.

Turmeric (Curcuma longa)(root)) 450 mg, and Turmeric Extract 50mg (Curcuma Longa)(root)) (standardized to contain 95% Curcuminoids)
    So what do I think? Really a simple profile, now lets look as to why we have two different items and what to look for in my humble opinion. As always remember that quality of product can and will greatly effect how it reacts to you and your body.

Turmeric is the main spice in curry, it has a warm bitter taste and is frequently used to flavor and color numerous dishes in Indian and Asian food. The root of Turmeric is also widely used to make medicine. It contains a yellow colored chemical called Curcumin which is actually what I think they are after. Dosages are listed between 500mg and 4 grams. It has multiple uses that might work. Feel free to look at everything, because it says basically High Cholesterol to acne. Since I was dosing at 3x per day think this was ok.

Turmeric Extract is just that an extract of Turmeric in order to get a high concentration of Curcuminoids, which is what is supposed to help with inflammation and other issues. Dosing for this should be between 80 and 500mg, however due to its poor absorption, in this product it is most likely a waste unless you are looking to help intestinal issues. (basically they should of added some black pepper (piperine). But hey what do I know, I'm just a stay at home dad!

There is no taste issues or post swallowing burping issues with these, at least there wasn't for me.
    Obviously I had no issues mixing as they are capsules. I suppose you could break them open, but they are capsules so why would I?
    Dosing is suggested at 1 capsule with a meal, (can be opened to make a tea ((not on my watch)). I obviously didn't follow the directions as I used it 3x per day. But hey they are cheap and I wanted to hit the middle. This came with 60 1 capsule doses so that is what I did.

I did notice, that due to my lack of focus, I occasionally missed a dose here and there.

As I stated above, I was trying to stop any additional inflammation I might get from upping the amount of workouts I am currently doing. I had noticed that I was starting to get "old Guy" pains. Heck I even pulled a calf muscle kicking someone in the head (ridiculous). First off I am on my 4th bottle of this so take that into account. I started noticing a little less joint and muscle pain approximately 2 weeks into taking this. I also noticed a little bit of skin clearing (acne is inflammation) now I do not have bad acne or anything just occasional ones that pop up. I am also finding that I heal a little faster (could be placebo effect) than I was before taking this. I also have had less digestive issues (granted I normally don't have much unless I eat too many carbs, as I am normally low carb guy). Bottom line is I feel that I have noticed a difference while taking this product, and I still am taking it.

So this is why I think this is easy. To me it is cheap!!!! I bought this on sale for $9.95 (for 2 bottles) which is why I bought 4 bottles. Now that is easily added to any ones budget, but how about not on sale?
    As of today 3/29/2017
    www.walmart.com $8.85
    www.target.com $8.89
    www.Walgreens.com $11.99
    So as I say, pretty cheap. I know that there are organic versions and different quality which make other versions more expensive but this works for me so who cares? I still would like to see the addition of Piperine.

Side Effects

No negative side effects.

Conclusion

Well if you can't tell I will spell it out for you. Yes, I think you should look into this product and give it a try. Obviously the cost is easy to add in, if it works for you great! If it doesn't you are only out $20.00. I think you need to run 2 bottles in order to gauge how it will work for you. If you could find one with the added Piperine I would and will try that as well. Remember this is a fat soluble product so taking it with a meal makes it better as well.
    So here at the end of the day I say Nature's Bounty Turmeric is working for me, and I will assume it could work for you. Finally, remember that sometimes paying more for "Organic, name brand super stuff" is not needed, and plain old supermarket stuff can work for you.

• smashley23
      March 29, 2017

I just started using curcumin a couple of days ago. Hopefully, I see some good results too.

• kalans
      March 29, 2017

I have enjoyed using Turmeric many times with good results, but I don't always keep up with it. As you mentioned the BioPerine it is important to take with it, did you take it on the side? Good review brother always!

• Parasite
      March 29, 2017

Biotest curcumin is a good one without having to up the dose. Higher priced at $24.95 but found it more effective than the cheaper bottle I got off Amazon which I am having to take more than the recommended dose. Definitely a good one to add if you have some inflammation issues!

• Wis3guy
      March 29, 2017

Thanks guys. Kalans, I didn't add it but I do use a lot of pepper in my cooking. Also I am using glutagen, which has some in it, plus the occasional pre workouts that seem to have it as well.

• kalans
      March 29, 2017

Good point wiseguy, wasn't thinking about having it sourced from other products ;)