(Better than 87% in Natural Testosterone Boosters)

Anafuse is a Natural Testosterone Booster manufactured by Vital Labs. It helps optimize your natural testosterone levels, which helps encourage muscle growth and fat loss.

Overall
Overall
8.9
  October 9, 2017

• Increased Strength
  • Slightly Expensive

I am a 54 Year old CIO who over the last 3 years has been trying to gain lean mass, while reducing fat. I have a very stressful job, and have worked out on and off my entire life, played basketball and am very active. I have completed a Spartan race and 3 Tough Mudders. However, at this age while gains come--they come slow for a variety of reasons. So instead of going for the bulk/drop type cycle I've just been working through trying to gain muscle, while slowly reducing fat and my fave man-boobs.

----Ingredient Profile---
Only became aware of these ingredients because as I finally got my diet honed -- (not saying I still don't occasionally eat junk) but getting enough protein everyday to get on the positive side of protein turnover, I started doing tons of research on how to keep the mass and produce a more anabolic state naturally. By the time Anafuse entered my radar I had all my supplements (protein, BCAA's, Creatine) all measured and perfected for me. The reason I bring this up is because randomly adding multiple influences to my workout/nutrition profile is not something to be desired or executed in "hopes" that I'll get gains. Plus, this attention to detail helps me understand exactly what is happening in my body. Previously, I trashed another supplement I added in due to an allergic reaction..so started looking for something new, that could help boost testosterone. As you probably know, being over 50 is no joke in the testosterone department. I do not want to take anabolic steroids, but wanted something that could help block estrogen, promote testosterone and HGH if possible. This search led me to Anafuse which was pre-hormonal and according to other reviews didn't have the same side effects but had the mix of all things you would have to get in 3 other supplements. That made a lot of sense to me, because frankly if it didn't work I would throw it in trash. Epicatechin is designed to block Myostatin which is the enemy of muscle mass pure and simple-- Myostatin decreases insulin sensitivity and protein synthesis. So this combined with Laxogenin which assists in protein synthesis and strength makes for a great combination.

Let's start the good news here--these capsules have zero taste, Zero and for me it didn't come back either. I've taken on empty stomach through intermittent fasting, full, before and after workouts. No Taste--that is HUGE to me. Nothing makes you want to ditch something faster than URPS after the fact or sour taste in your mouth. I worked up from 2 capsules to make sure there was no adverse reaction, to 4 a day. 2 before my workout and 2 right before bed.

2 Key facts about effectiveness:
I waited till after my last Tough Mudder to give this a shot.
I had been recovering from a partial bicep tendon tear 11 months earlier

So lets get down to business--like most folks taking this supplement the first week was basically no change for me. That is fine, there were no adverse effects so I was willing to keep going. By week 2 I started noticing a ridiculous increase in stamina/endurance. To date this still remains its most pronounced affect. I can work out to failure on any given exercise and literally 10-15 seconds later I'm ready to go again--in some ways this level of endurance makes it hard to measure how much I "SHOULD" be doing because I do not get tired, without almost an instantaneous recovery.

Strength--during this time was also intermittent fasting (that is what makes the fact above so stunning), and work out fasted almost every day--with one off day per week. Set PR's in Deadlift, Benchpress, Inclined Dumbbell press, Bent over rows etc...I could go on--everything got stronger, EVERYTHING!

More importantly, I noticed I was finally starting to lean out--this was huge for me because of a perhaps irrational fear of some kind of gyno reaction--nope just the opposite-what was left of my man-boobs started going away and are almost completely gone. Waist is smaller have to get new pants..its stupid =D

This is an expensive supplement--especially since it falls outside the normal trifecta of protein shakes, BCAA's and Creatine. Still, halfway through I bought another bottle--its that good and clearly doing exactly what it says it does.

Side Effects

No measurable side-effects. Maybe one small one that I could not directly attribute to Anafuse--after taking it I felt kind of loopy for a short bit, but that always corrected itself after working out. Then I just can't wipe the stupid smile off my face because of the gains, strength and endurance.

Conclusion

If you are any guy, but especially a middle aged guy who wants to branch out from the trinity of Protein/BCAA/Creatine to something that will boost protein synthesis, testosterone, strength and endurance. This is your GO-TO. I'd recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone.

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

November 28, 2016

• Increased Appetite
  • Slightly Expensive

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
I'm a young college student in engineering who has been lifting approaching 3 years now. I have between an ecto/meso type build and have been slowly "lean bulking" (more of a recomp style eating above maintenance with high activity) for all of my lifting career. I train using Layne Norton's "PHAT" system that I have slightly modified to hit legs and shoulders a bit harder (my lagging spots).

Laxogenin: ingredient derived from plants to increase nitrogen retention and protein synthesis, has been said to decrease cortisol (which is known to have a negative impact on building muscle, can also contribute to fat gain). Is non hormonal but considered fairly anabolic, I know lots of companies make laxogenin products (example: primeval labs super laxo, nano genin, blackstone labs anogenin etc.)

Epicatechin: a molecule found in cocoa plants, it helps inhibit the release of myostatin, a protein that limits muscle growth. Myostatin is there to regulate and "limit" our muscle growth to a degree, so by inhibiting the release of it, we allow more potential muscle to be built.

Vitamin D3: pretty self-explanatory, if you are deficient in D vitamins you will have a very hard time building muscle, and you may develop fat tissue more easily

Fructus shisandrae: another plant ingredient, said to "help performance" and possibly reduce stress. Not as well known as a lot of other ingredients so I am not sure I will try to claim how effective it is

No taste or mixability issues from the capsules, they don't leave behind a bad taste in your mouth. In terms of dosing, only complaint I have is that it is a proprietary bland so you don't really know how many mg of laxogenin or epicatechin you are getting compared to some other products which sell just one of the ingredients in a pill. The takeaway from that though is it is often the same price for just one of the ingredients.

The effectiveness of Anafuse actually was a pleasant surprise to me. Honestly, it made me so hungry that one could argue the reason I gained weight on it (4.8 pounds in a month) was because of my food consumption, but at the same time, my friends were saying I was looking leaner and more vascular in the arm/shoulder/chest area. Apparently my striations were more visible so clearly it wasn't just a "dirty bulk" type effect. I didn't notice any strength gains, which is odd, because part of my training program is meant to build strength, but I'll take almost 5 pounds gained with no obvious fat increase in a month.

At $55 for a bottle with just 60 servings (or even just 30 servings if you take the max dose) one could say this is really expensive for a "natural" product. After all, one could buy liposomal delivery andro products if they really wanted to in the $45-60 range and get way better gains. Having said that, part of what makes this product special is the fact that it works without having the hormonal side effects/suppression/etc. Also, a lot of other companies sell either JUST the ingredient laxogenin or JUST the ingredient epicatechin at a similar price, so when you consider that Anafuse has both of these ingredients in a bottle at a slightly higher price, you really are saving compared to other supplements. I wish this would be more around the marks of $45 instead of $55, which may affect if I buy it again, but it did work!

Side Effects

Honestly, the only side effect I got from taking this is that I had a very very uncontrollable appetite once I upped the dose to two servings a day. By "uncontrollable" I mean, I would go to my university's food court, and order 2 chicken sandwiches from chick-fil-a, and 2 pieces of pizza from papa john's, finish both of them, then continue to be hungry. It's like my body did not have an "off switch." The only good thing about this was that it was very easy to get in all my calories for the day and this definitely helped me gain weight.

Conclusion

Overall, I was actually a bit surprised that this worked since I was pretty skeptical about it. One of the huge upsides of this product is that it is non-hormonal, and younger lifters (I'm talking anyone below 25) always have to consider that taking hormonal products before reaching their peak testosterone production could affect their development in the long run, so using products that are safe like this and still ensure gains is a huge plus. I think this product shines versus many competitors because it has both laxogenin/epicatechin in one product instead of needing to buy separate products, which can save money, but I do wish at $55 a bottle, there wouldn't be a proprietary blend. To conclude, I do recommend trying at least one bottle.

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

April 23, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Strength
  • Slightly Expensive
1. How did you find out about SR?
I found Supplement reviews in the search of honest reviews for certain pre-workouts, once I noticed a variety of sites praising many different products of which I found unusual.
2. What prompted you to write this review?
I have been following this site a very lot recently on a whole host of different supplements and decided that I would like to share my own thoughts with others, just as they did with me.
3. What are your fitness goals?
My main fitness goals as of now are to put on a little lean muscle while trying to gain a little weight, minimising the fat I put on. I have been training very on and off for the past 3 years, but have trained regularly for the past 6-7 months.
4. What other products are you planning to review?
I am plan on doing a review on a particular pre workout in around a months time as I wait on delivery.

Came across this product in the search of an natural anabolic to aid me in weightlifting, this seemed to be the best option available to me at the time with little to none side effects. I weight lift 5 days a week and through this 'cycle' I have been trying to maintain my weight to the best of my ability.

The only factor that really stops this product from being a solid 9-10 overall. The Proprietary Blend really lets this product down. You get Epi and laxogenin in one product for the same value as products of just laxo or vice-versa. This makes me wonder to as to whether they are properly dosed or not and let the whole review down for me.

I ended up dosing 2 tablets before my morning workout and 1 in the afternoon, I now realise it might have been silly to take just 1 in the afternoon but nonetheless. Small Capsules with no taste, great!

This part really shined for me. As I have only seriously started weight lifting recently I would take this with a grain of salt but for me I really pushed myself and found great gains visually and especially strength wise. I used this product over about 6 weeks, I started at around 10.3-4 stone and now currently weigh 10.9-11 stone, which I am very happy with. My bench press went up 20kg for reps and my squats up 30kg. Across all of my lifts I have noticed significant gains. The best outcome of this product seemed to be that my arms blew up(even though arms have always been my best). I have had a lot of comments off my mates and stuff saying how they have grown. By all means they're not huge but they've definitely grown a good bit in comparison to before, from curling 16kg to 22kg, very happy! I always question however, if a lot of this is down to placebo effect but either way im happy that it has worked.

Rather on the expensive side especially considering I had to pay for international shipping but still good considering little side effects and gains I am happy with.

Side Effects

I did become rather aggressive on this, and I did have a lot of arguments and what-not that I never normally would as I am quite a chilled person. I was called out on this. It makes no sense as to why I have become slightly more aggressive and once again the only thing I can think of is placebo.
I also felt rather tired all the time taking this, even when I have had 9-10+ sleep I still woke up feeling tired which I disliked.

Conclusion

If you're not afraid to delve deeper into pro hormones/AAS I think they will be your much better option, however if you are looking for a natural anabolic and you are prepared to go into this with a positive attitude then I think it will definitely work for you, as it did for me. Very good product overall, was sketchy about the whole concept at first, 'if its so good, why aren't loads of other companies selling it etc.' was thought a lot, but I have found use in this product and would recommend to friends and others. Just a shame about the proprietary blend.
I will be continuing this cycle with another product for 4 more weeks which contains just laxogenin(the reason I initially used Anafuse) with the stated clinically proven dose.

Overall
Overall
9.5
9.8
  September 24, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increase In Strength
  • Crazy Muscle Pumps
  • Focus

(Background info on yourself, diet, experience, goals, first thoughts on the product and how you discovered SR)
    Before I get started, I wanted to say that I bought this product on my own. I did not or will not receive any discounts, favors, Money, Coupons, Free vacations or hand jobs. Everything I am putting in this review is what I experienced while taking it...
    Now that's out of the way, Since this is my first review there are some things being asked that I include, So without further to do, Here we go.....
    How did I find out about SR? I came across this site by mistake actually, I was looking up reviews on several test boosters on line , When I was brought to this site. Before that time I didn't even know this site existed. That being said , I'm glad I found it. The reviews on this site are unlike any other reviews I've seen on other sites. Furthermore ,l really like the fact that a lot of the reviewers have training logs where they record the run of the product they are reviewing.
    You can see their progress from week to week. The day I found this site, I became a member.

Why am I writing this review? Two reasons... One, because it's a damn good product. And two , Because I am surprised that I will be the first to review it. I am flabber gasted that there isn't a bunch of reviews for it already..

Fitness Goals ? Right now I am trying to put on as much size " lean mass" as possible. I've been into bodybuilding since I was 19 yrs old. For those of you that didn't read my Intro when I became a member , I started bodybuilding when I was 19 yrs old , I trained hard for 5 yrs. At the end of the 5th year I lost my focus, Started partying all the time, Chasing females and eating a ton of really bad food..
    twelve yrs later at the age of 36 , I suffered a heart attack. That was the wake up call ! I didn't like what I became , And I did not want to stay that way , So it was time for a change.
    The first order of business was to get into shape and loose all the weight I managed to gain over that 12 yrs .
    At that time I was at 269 lbs . By the way, I'm 5'9" . So yeah, I was a blob.
    The first year after heart attack was all about dropping weight and getting healthy. In that first year I went from 269 lbs down to 186 lbs.
    Once I reached that goal, it was time to get back into bodybuilding. This past July was 5 yrs since I started back training again.

What other products am I planning to review ? There are a few more products I plan on reviewing in the near future. These products also have not been reviewed yet on this site.. If I can turn my fellow SR members on to really good supps that they were un aware of... It's a win/win for everyone...

(Your thoughts on the ingredients/label of the product)
    Ok , First of all lets get this out of the way... Yes this product has a Proprietary Blend... I know, I know ... However in this case I don't mind. The ingredient profile is pretty straight forward. There are only a few ingredients , I will go over them one by one...
    (-)-Epicatechin: Epicatechin is a flavanol found in certain plants such as green tea and cocoa; and is a powerful antioxidant that helps decrease Myostatin. Myostatin is the greatest single catabolic limiting factor of muscle growth. This natural growth factor protein exists in our bodies and works to regulate and limit muscle growth in a genetically predetermined pattern. Myostatin actually suppresses muscle growth! Epicatechin works to decrease Myostatin which helps to reduce these limiting factors, promoting muscle development beyond your genetic potential.

Second Ingredient..
    Laxogenin: Derived from plants, this ingredient is essentially an anabolic building block which your body uses as a blueprint to create its own anabolics. Laxogenin supports increased protein synthesis and nitrogen retention, while promoting other anabolic effects such as increased strength, muscle endurance, muscle recovery, and lean muscle mass. Additionally, Laxogenin aids in controlling the stress hormone cortisol, which when out of balance, can increase fat and muscle wasting.

Third Ingredient..
    Fructus Schisandrae: A plant that used as an adaptogen for increasing resistance to disease and stress, increasing physical performance, endurance, and energy. Recent studies have shown it to have an anabolic potency similar to oxymetholone! Additionally, the studies showed that Fructus Schisandrae strongly inhibits myostatin and helps to upregulate TRPV4 and AKT, two proteins which are critically important for muscle & strength gains!

And the last..
    Vitamin D3: Vitamin D3 is essential for muscle health in that low levels of Vitamin D3 promote decreased protein synthesis, decreased strength, weakness and muscle wasting. Additionally, deficiencies in Vitamin D3 lead to fatty muscles which has a negative effect on strength and power.

This is pretty straight forward , You take two capsules in the morning with food , And take another two capsules 6-7 hours later with food. I made the mistake not taking with food on day 3. It wasn't good.. It tore my stomach up..
    I did get some nasty burps from time to time, But nothing I couldn't handle.
    One other thing I like to share, The first two days taking this product I didn't feel so hot. I was zoned out and un motivated, Just felt super lazy, However , Once I got in the gym and started training , That feeling went away..

Here we go... This is the part I have been waiting for...lol... I will go through week by week of the run...

Week one...... Nada, Nothing, Didn't feel anything at all..

Week two...... The last two days of week two which would be days 12 & 13 This product kicked in big time...
    The first thing I noticed was my endurance went through the roof.. I am talking another level . I train heavy and I train to failure. For me to cut my rest time in half between sets is mind blowing. For those of you that train to failure , You know after you do a set , You have to take a few before you can muster another one. Not the case with this..

Week three.... Now the fun starts... I train on a 2 days on / one day off split.
    day one Chest and tris
    day two Back and bi's
    day three off
    day four shoulders and traps
    day five legs, cavles and forearms
    day six off
    day seven repeat

Week three I saw PR's on every lift . And when I say PR's , I mean a nice jump in weight. I know, You want numbers right? lol... Relax , We will get to that...

Week four Anafuse is running wide open , balls to the wall.. I do not do one rep maxes, Haven't done them is years.
    I do however do 3 rep maxes, Much safer IMO , And at the end of the day I'm not really concerned about how much I can lift for 1 rep... My goal is to increase the weight for reps....
    Week four I also seen PR's across the board.....

Ok , These are the numbers from before this run and of as of this past week...

Incline barbell bench 270 for 3 - 295 for 3

Bent over barbell row 250 for 3 - 275 for 3

Dips Normally just body weight ... usually like 12, 12 , 10, 6-7 - Weighted with 35 plate 12,12,11,9

Leg Press 8 plates ( per side) for 7 - 10 plates for four

behind the neck presses 175 for 7 - 205 for 5

I'm not going to list every single increase , Or we will be here all day...lol

I picked this product up for 54.99 at strong supplement shop . com , Actually this is the only place you can get it..
    I did see an old posting for it on Amazon , However it says they are sold out..
    When I first purchased this I thought at that time the price was a little high, After now running it, Could it be cheaper , yeah , But I don't mind paying this price at all... Actually I picked up 3 bottles. I am running this for 12 weeks.
    But being this review is based on one bottle = 30 days. That is what the review is being based on.

Side Effects

None..

Conclusion

I strongly recommend trying this product. I never thought I could see these kind of results from a natty product...
    When I first heard of natural anabolics , I said yeah right! I am a believer now...
    the best part is no worrying about your liver, no emotional issues, no on cycle support, no pct, no man boobs...
    And being that this product does not affect your testosterone, Your not going to loose all your gainz when you stop taking it. I will be starting up a log to document the last 8 weeks of the run. Feel free to stop by to check on the progress...
    One last thing I wanted to note is during week four I came down with a stomach virus , For fours days I was living in the bathroom. during that time I dropped 11 lbs of body weight.. On the 5th day I was back in the gym and I still had new PR's that day... that surprised me the most , I thought for sure I was going to back track , but it wasn't the case at all..
    I do believe if I didn't get sick I would of improved even more...
    Also the most important run of this product was the mass I was able to add to my body...
    A few guys I train with time to time ( Who run gear) made comments to me , They said damn dude you finally took the leap... And when I told them , No I didn't... They were like " damn it man.. To get a compliment like that from those guys... That ment a lot... lol... That made my whole week...
    If you kill it in the gym day in and day out , And your eating what you should be... Try giving Anafuse a run. You will not regret it...