Beyond Raw LIT Reviews

By: GNC

Ranks #25 (better than 91%)
In: Pre-Workout > Stimulant

Beyond Raw Lit is a Pre Workout supplement that is sold exclusively at GNC. Their fully-disclosed label features 3.2g of Beta Alanine, 3g of L-Citrulline, along with Nitrosigine, Caffeine, Creatine and more. Beyond Raw Lit appears to be effective, with a possible side effect of insomnia if taken late.

September 12, 2017

• Great Energy
  • Good Focus
  • Fully Transparent
  • AMAZING TASTE
  • Good Formula

What's up SR. Onder18 here with another review. On my back home to Savannah from this damn Hurricane Irma evacuation. My wife is driving so I figured I would submit a review. This time I'm gonna review one of the most reliable pre workouts I've used, Gnc Beyond Raw Lit.

Alright so talk about what's in this thing. You've got caffeine at 250 mgs. I usually like atleast 350 mgs. pre workout so I usually used 1 heaping scoop. You've also got 3.2 grams beta alanine, 3 grams citrulline and 1.5 grams nitrogisine. For those that don't know nitrogisine is supposed to be a much more effective form of arginine. From my past experience with this ingredient I can say that I believe this to be true. As for power you have creatine and elavatp. The creatine is micronisized mono at 1.5 grams. This is gonna be a red mark in the ingredient profile in my opinion. 1.5 grams is underdosed. Maybe they only did the 1.5 grams because of the addition of elevatp at 150 mgs. which is the studied dose. As for focus you only have caffeine and nuerofactor which had me a little hesitant to get this because I thought it may have been lacking in the energy and focus department. For those that don't know, Nuerofactor is wole coffee fruit extract. It is supposed to increase brain derived nuerotrophic factor (bdnf).This apparently has studies behind it. So does Elevatp which is a blend of fossilized fruit extracts that helps your body produce more atp. Both of these ingredients apparently work acutely( or so the studies say). In my opinion and based on my experience I will agree. More on that in the effectiveness section.

Taste was sour gummy worm and it tasted good. Was not a chore to drink. Dosing was usually 1 heaped scoop, sometimes one level.

Now the part that really matters. Did it work? Yes it did. This is definitely one of my favorite pre's. It was effective for me in all kinds of workouts. I'm not a big guy at about 158-160. And at 38 years old my metabolism hasn't slowed down much so I've gotta make sure I'm working hard in the gym for my gains. I like to train heavy and also mix it up alot. This pre always supported whatever type of workout I had that day. So let's go over this by section.
    Energy and focus-
    Excellent. Very clean and consistent. The focus was clean. Not tunnel vision but definatlely there. Never a crash. The Nuerofactor and caffeine combo was very effective for me. The energy always lasted for atleast 1.5 hours strong before it slowly died down.
    Pump-
    Full and dense. Not the best but above average and consistent. I got a pretty pump on my low rep sets also.
    Strength-
    Very good. My lifts were always very good on this. This was definitely a strong part of this pre and a big part of my really liking it. The strength effects were good in my low rep and medium rep ranges were good. I didn't have any issues hitting my numbers and I did set some pr's with this. It seemed that the elevatp and creatine combo works well for me.

Usually about 40$ for 30 servings About average for a pre these days. I didn't give the value a bad score because this was effective for me do I would pay that price for it and would definitely buy it again.

Side Effects

None. No upset stomach, crash, etc.

Conclusion

Very effective and consistent pre workout that I enjoyed. If this was the only pre workout that I had and couldn't use any others I would not have any issues with that. For me that's a big deal. Anyways that is my review and I hope you enjoyed it. Any constructive criticism is welcome. Thanks.

Advertisement:
    Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

March 12, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Cool Color
    • Keeps You Awake

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)

I found out about SR just by curiosity of how some supplement products matched up with others. The reason I am writing this review is to help other people like myself to be able to gather enough information in order for them to make a decision of whether they want to buy a product or not. My fitness goal is to make a gradual increase in muscle as I am a collegiate athlete in soccer.

Creatine (1.5g)- Helps muscles to make and circulate ATP which is the energy for quick and intense activity
    Ancient Peat Apple Extract (150mg)- Supports ATP
    Caffeine (250 mg)- Equivalent to amount of caffeine in about 2.5 cups of coffee
    L-Citrulline (3g)- Amino acid that supports nitric oxide production
    Nitrosigine (1.5g)- Increases plasma arginine levels (Arginine- Amino acid that supports blood vessel tone)
    Beta Alanine Carnosyn (3.2g)- Delays fatigue and creates a slight tingly feeling on your skin

The Blue Raspberry is a very good tasting flavor. It is almost like having a liquid blue ICEE! The dosage is 1 scoop (13.76g). One thing that stood out to me about this pre-workout was the fact that it has 3.2 grams of beta alanine per serving. This is almost twice of what a majority of pre-workouts use in their dosage. I am a big fan of this because it will help delay your fatigue even more! You should take this pre-workout about 20-30 minutes before you start your workout.

It takes about 30 minutes to start feeling your body "tingle" from the beta alanine. This is very minor and the benefit of feeling less fatigued throughout your workout far outweighs a minor tingle. Less fatigue means you can get more sets in! While taking Lit I was nowhere near as tired during my normal workout as when I was not taking any pre-workout. I even added 3 more sets of different lifts to my routine! Along with the beta alanine, you can really feel the creatine working because your muscles aren't so gassed as soon as you finish a set. I took this on an off for a month to see if it was actually the pre-workout making my workouts easier or if it was all in my head. I concluded that it was not all in my head because when I went off of Lit my reps decreased and my fatigue came quicker. I noticed a large increase in strength while taking Lit because I was able to do more sets as well as be able to pump out my sets easier so I would gradually increase the weights. Obviously, if you are increasing weights you are increasing strength! As for focus I didn't really notice a giant change but I did notice that time seemed to fly by when I was working out.

The price was $39.99 for 30 servings ($1.33/serving). This is definitely on the pricier side of pre-workouts. But, it makes sense that it is more because what's unique about it is the amount of beta alanine in it along with the fact that it contains nitrosigine. Although it is a little more pricey I would say it is worth the money because the results were there!

Side Effects

Minor tingling from Beta Alanine as well as taking more than what is suggested can lead to nauseousness and really fast heartbeat during workout. Also, do not take this if you workout at night because it has 250mg of caffeine and will make it hard for you to sleep.

Conclusion

There are very few pre-workouts that surpass Beyond Raw Lit. The taste is excellent along with the overall effectiveness. Some pre-workouts have incorrect dosages so you will not feel anything during your workout but with Lit you feel great throughout your entire workout. Overall this is a very good pre-workout with a lot of quality ingredients that make it a one-of-a-kind. I strongly recommend!

Advertisement:
    Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

Overall
    (SR paid for product; GNC did not participate)
      February 24, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Excellent Endurance
    • Great Energy
    • Good Focus
    • Fully Transparent
    • AMAZING TASTE
    • Good Formula
    • Have To Get At GNC
    • Crossfit Chicks
    Introduction + Supplement Facts
    This product review was put up on SR by Admin and not GNC, at which I want to say thank you to SR and Tommy! I can't say that I have gone to GNC in a long time, and for good reason! It felt really odd as I came in thinking, "Don't F*n talk to me, I am not here to listen to your BS" and wow did the Crossfit Chick try to sell me on some crap! She even said the flavor I picked out was not a good one, which was FALSE because it was amazing! Enough about why and how, now to move on to this surprisingly good product!

Fully disclosed label, comparable profile as per ingredients vs the market, good dosages all around with most being clinical or solid/strong dosages. The ingredient label is as follows: 3.2g Beta Alanine which is Carnosyn the patented version and as the Clinical Dosage, 1.5g Micronized Creatine which is a good dose and form, 250mg Caffeine which is a good point for most people yet doesn't allow too much room for more serving size (would be better at 200mg for giving more room or 300mg for most), 150mg ElevATP Clinical dosage used for strength and performance (see link below for the studies - PricePlow), 100mg NeuroFactor which appears to be a good dosage and aids in brain function, 3g L- Citrulline which is about equivalent to 4.5g Citrulline Malate and this is a low dosage, lastly 1.5g Nitrosigine which is for N.O. longevity and is a solid dosage. The profile is good, but could be better to be more comparable to other products on the market.

Taste + Mixability + Dosing
    Icy Fireworks, which was just like Bomb Pop! Tasty as hell! The mixability was on point for me, not much swirl and shake needed between sips. Dosing for me was 1 to 1.25 servings each time, about 20-30 minutes before hitting the gym.

THE RETURN OF SCRATCH CITY! Carnosyn is the patented version of Beta Alanine, which means potency! This is a immediate effect all the way onto the way to the gym, not an issue for me as I like it! I typically don't have Parasthesia with normal Beta Alanine so when I have as potent form such as this Carnosyn, which just means the purity is there and on normal Beta Alanine it isn't always guarantied. I am impressed with this Pre-Workout as it did deliver, and each time it was delivered just as strong which I believe to be contributed by the lack of DMAA/DMHA/AMP C as those compounds cause great mental drain thus limiting the effectiveness of consecutive use. I came (that's what she said) feeling good right out the gate, and the buzz kept going into my first couple of sets! I felt a pretty good focus that was not quite laser eyed, but it was good. I felt the focus was most strong in the beginning but it dissipated rather quickly and left me wanting more, which was no where to be found (7.5/10). When it came to energy I felt it was very good, surprisingly long lasting due to the ElevATP which I have experienced when reviewing Olympus Labs (8.8/10). Sadly the Pump wasn't as strong as I had hoped for, as it does have a good amount of Citrulline and Nitrosigine. For the pump I actually felt even at 1.25 servings I would rate it 6.5/10, but I was staying pumped up for some time after using it. Lastly my endurance was really good, which I felt my last reps towards the end of my workouts would be a bit more easily done with less fatigue (8.7/10). I didn't feel it to be as effective as the combination of Taurine + Beta Alanine though, which goes to show how much they compete for the same receptors. Below are the claims, and a short coverage of how I feel they were met.

IMMEDIATE REACTION: Engineered to deliver super-charged energy to the subject who works every day.
    -Energy was charged, but much like the base model Mustang it doesn't pack the punch.. Claim was moderately met.

NEUROLOGICAL INTENSITY: As subjects initiate pre-workout protocols, LIT provides unrivaled mental alertness, eliminating perceived obstacles.
    -I guess they should have put a disclosure saying the metal alertness would only last for workouts of short time spans, like 35 minutes tops. Claim wasn't met well.

MUSCLE PUMP: Nitric oxide stimulator to support vasodilation for extreme muscle pumps.
    -LOL, nothing extreme here about pumps! I have been cutting lately and even on my higher Carb days I didn't feel the pump as well as needed. Claim poorly met.

Value 8.2/10
    You can pick this up at GNC or their online store for $40 at 20 servings costing $1.33 per serving. I feel this to be an appropriate cost concerning the ingredients and their dosages, however there are more well formulated products on the market that are close to this cost per serving that are a bit more potent or effective.

Conclusion
    Overall I am quite surprised how well this product performed, the formula is good, taste is off the charts, and the price point is good as well. Of course no one product will be perfect, and that is the case with this one. The formula is a bit lacking in some areas, while the effectiveness is also. I feel it is certainly a major step in the right direction, and is a good product to have on your list while not one to run out for. Really I am left feeling like Rich... "I drink it for the taste"
    • Icy Fireworks: 10/10

February 8, 2017

• Cool Color
    • Keeps You Awake

It's funny to me that they actually took such slang word and named it after a pre workout but it's real fitting. After GNC re-opened, I took a stroll in to see what it was all about. Lucky for me, this stuff was staring at me from a far and I decided to try it. Also, after seeing the flavor was "Gummy Worm", I could't really say no.

First I have to say Beyond Raw is very thorough with their ingredient listings. When I first looked at the ingredients something that jumped out to be was the "Energy & Mental Intensity" at 5.20 grams. After having to do the math in my head I figured out the 5.20 grams was the sum of the Beta Alanine at 3.20 grams, plus the Creatine Monohydrate at 1.50 grams, plus the Caffeine at 250.00 milligrams, plus their "Ancient Peat & Apple Extract" at 150.00 milligrams (which they describe as an elevator for ATP), and last but not least NeuroFactor Coffee Fruit Extract at 100.00 milligrams. This was another ingredient that caught my eye since I've never actually seen coffee fruit extract listed as an ingredient on anything, let alone pre workout. According to them, "two clinical studies have shown that Neurofactor may target brain derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), a growth factor that may support brain cell function." Like most supplements, LIT also includes 3 grams of L-Citrulline in one serving, which is probably a below average amount compared to other pre workout. Beyond Raw also threw in 1.50 grams of Nitrosigine, which in layman's terms is used for vascularity. They put these two ingredients in a separate category "Pump & N.O. Support" and boy, they really do support the pump and nitric oxide going through your body.

Something I thought was very interesting about LIT is that it is completely sugar free and gluten free.

I don't know about anyone else but the gummy worm flavor is something new to me and it' definitely one that is staying. Beyond Raw nailed the flavor and I actually bought a bag of gummy worms to compare one day... they were close to identical. The more I used LIT, I noticed you really to shake this stuff up to get a prime mixability. It's probably because of the creatine but other than that, this stuff mixes very well. If everyone was exact with the scoops they use pull out the container, one scoop equals 13.63 grams but we all know that never happens. I probably use about 15 grams per serving and I locked and loaded.

Energy (10/10) and Endurance (10/10) While I keep trying different pre workouts to see which one tops the next, I have to say this gets you LIT and keeps you LIT for a long time. I am also in a basketball league and I'll even take it sometimes before a game and this stuff definitely keeps me from getting winded.

Focus (10/10) the focus is unreal. More so than any other pre workout I've taken.

Pump (10/10) Even with only 8 grams of L-Citrulline, the pump and strength support built Beyond Raw built into LIT is unlike any other I've tried. Within the first week of taking this, I noticed my workout were overall better. I PRed my deadlifts using this stuff and continuously got stronger. I haven't bought the same preworkout back to back in a long time but before finishing the bottle I just ended last Friday, I had bought another 2 weeks ago waiting for me.

The value isn't terrible, I had a coupon when I first bought it so I got it cheaper than the regular $40 for 30 servings but I wouldn't mind spending that on a regular day.

Side Effects

The first side effect I noticed was the fact that this stuff hit me within minutes. Whether I was on a empty stomach or not, I knew I was getting "LIT" when my lips were getting the tingles right after chugging a glass of this. Another side effect I noticed was the focus. As I mentioned above how unreal it was but I'm usually one of those people who just put in my headphones and get to work but this stuff definitely keeps you from getting distracted, reminding you it's about the gains... not the girl in the yoga pants.

A negative side effect would be the fact that it keeps me up later than I need to be at night, especially when I need to be up at 6am. I'm not one who usually gets effected too much by caffeine but something about LIT keeps me woke.

Conclusion

Overall, this pre workout is one of the more effective and better tasting one's I've tried. Even if it keeps me up at night, the minute I take this I'm ready to go. I definitely see an energy boost when I take this along with a boost in my strength and vascularity. I'm interested in tasting the other flavors as well as trying other Beyond Raw products.
    • Gummy Worm: 10/10