(Better than 71% in Pre-Workout > Stimulant)

PRICES
Check Amazon for ENGN Shred:
ENGN Shred is a Pre-Workout manufactured by EVLution Nutrition. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
DEALS (2)

August 11, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Cherry Limeade
  • Sweaty
  • Long Lasting Energy
  • Not Too Much Pump

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
My goals are pretty straight forward at the moment. I am not looking to get super shredded or massive I just want to get to 1/2/3/4 lift and keep somewhat leaned out while doing so. I do not take any fat burning supplements outside of this product but I do keep a small caloric deficit at most times.

For the ingredients portion I will focus mostly on the "Shred matrix" which is the main thing that differentiates this product from the regular ENGN product that EVL offers.
CLA (500mg)
L-Carnitine L-Tartrate (500mg)
Coleus Extract (100mg)
Yohimbe Bark Extract (40mg)
Capsimax (25mg)

As you can see, most of this is just stuff that you would find in most fat burning supplements but here they are meant to initiate the fat burning process along with the exercise.

Along with the "Shred matrix" the ingredient list is almost identical to that of the regular ENGN product so it comes with all of the problems that ENGN has as far as dosing (https://supplementreviews.com/evlution-nutrition/engn#pdbody-reviews). The only other big difference between the two is that this product comes with NO creatine which is to be expected in any product that has "Shred" in the title.

The taste are mixability are pretty much on par with the regular ENGN product: top notch. No clumping, no grainy texture, great taste, pretty much across the board the product excels on this front.

I think that the effectiveness is kind of a mixed bag. While I certainly sweat A LOT using this product, I wouldn't say that it inherently aids fat loss efforts more than any other pre-workout would. Aside from the staple of "It makes you actually drip sweat" I think that this is a pretty mixed pre-workout.

Energy and focus: the energy is probably the highlight of the ENGN line for me. It is long lasting, intense and doesn't lead to a crash. I feel as amped and ready to go an hour into my workout as I do 10 minutes in. As far as focus it kind of goes hand in hand where with these two things in synthesis the product makes it kind of hard for me to leave the gym sometimes.

Power and Strength: this is where my experience with ENGN Shred is a little bit disappointing. I do not get any real "increased power output" from this product and I feel that I am no stronger than if I just drank a cup of coffee before hitting the gym. If anything, the lack of creatine can lead to decreased power output and strength (i sometimes add my own monohydrate)

Duration: As I mentioned in the focus and energy part, the longevity of this pre-workout is pretty outstanding. With even a half scoop I am motivated to stay even past the 1.5 hour mark with no real side effects.

The value is pretty run of the mill for pre-workouts with it coming in at just about $30/30 servings depending on where you look. I don't think that it is necessarily an unreasonable price considering how much some other pre-workouts are these days but it limits me from going to wild with buying it as it is more than I would like to spend most of the time.

Side Effects

I don't think there are any real side effects to mention other than the aforementioned sweating thing. Personally i loved it but if you don't like to sweat too much at any one gym session (first of all: you're weird) then this product might not be for you.

Conclusion

Overall i think that ENGN Shred is a solid choice for a pre-workout and while there are certainly better options out there for some people this is one that i will keep in my supplement shelf for the foreseeable future.
  • Cherry Limeade: 10/10

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

Overall
Thanks to EVLution Nutrition for sending it out!
  April 15, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Cherry Limeade
  • Sweaty
  • Not Too Much Pump
  • Not Gonna Be A Product For Everyone

Part Two of the Epic 3 part series, Gilla's Goodbye Gala (GGG). Like my other review stated, GGG will not be entertaining. I don't want to bring anymore "fun" reviews to sully SR.com's reputation.

I ran this product in conjunction with RSP's Amino Lean and a standalone Garcinia Cambogia in an effort to lose weight training for a half marathon.

I'll state now, I particularly like PWOs that are creatine-free and low-pump, like BSN's Hyper FX and RCSS's YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH Buddy, so my expectations were quite high going in.

Oh and the label for this product is awesome. It's one of those things that the image changes depending on how you hold it and makes a weird/annoying/cool sound when you run your finger across it. I don't know what it's called, but I dig it.

Meh to start. A "Mind to Muscle Matrix" blend that contains, Beta Alanine, Agmatine, Choline, Tyrosine, Alpha-GPC and Huperzia. So it's a grab bag of Endurance, Pump and Focus ingredients. This whole blend is only 2016mg per scoop. The basics being properly dosed at BA (3G), Agmatine(1-1.5G), Tyrosine (750mg - 1G), Choline (1G+), so a lot of things here are underdosed.

Next is the "ENGN Shred Matrix", where things are properly explained. 500mg of CLA powder, 500mg of Carnitine, 100 mg of Forskolhii, Capscium 25mg, Yohimbe 40mg. Again, on paper most of these are underdosed. With proper doses being double on the Carnitine/CLS, Forskolhii being varied, but sometimes 500 mg. Capscium can vary, but 50mg is a common trend.

Last is the ENGN Energizers blend totaling 260 mg, of coffee(green?) and green tea.

I got my favorite flavor of anything in life, Cherry Limeade. Being a cherry limeade connoisseur, expectations were high here too. EVL does this flavor very well. I was skeptical because the powder smelled extremely chemically when the powder smoked up out of the tub and into my lungs. However, when mixed, it's a slight, not chemically at all, bordering on "natural" tasting flavor. I dig it.

Mixed fine.

Dosed at 1-1.5ish scoops. Just a big ass heaping scoop basically.

Now, as previously stated, I like this type of PWO. As also stated, the ingredients were underdosed. So, odds were stacked against EVL here. However, the product is a winner.

Energy/Endurance - This product for me is a great combination of Stim City and Natural flow. Basically, it gives me a decent jolt that doesn't get my heart completely racing but at the same time, was sustained. I never felt any bit of a letdown over the course of a 2 hour workout. There was never any crash after any workouts and I never dragged when using this product. I felt there was a great amount of "endurance" with this product, as my lifting workouts (which there were less of in my current program) were more centered on lower weights, more explosive movements and more reps since I'm working on endurance training for the half marathon. Nailed it.

Pump - I was looking for this product to NOT pump, since I was using this cardio heavy and on leg day and it worked exactly as I hoped. If you are looking for a pump to admire yourself in the mirror, you will not get it from this product. So, in a way the pump was "not good", but it was exactly what I wanted.

Focus - As previously stated, I was putting my body through more of a rigor in this program, so keeping my focus and determination on point was key. Shred does a great job of keeping my eyes on the prize for the entire workout. At no point in any of my workouts did I want to give up early. It nails it here too.

The "shred" element - This is where Shred is different from a lot of PWOs, as it's got a focus on the weight loss elements. I must say, if the Capsimax is underdosed, it's some HIGH quality stuff. Even on leg days, I would start to get sweaty on my first set of my first exercise. Each and every workout I was completely soaked. I think the CLA and Carnitine ingredients in terms of purity helped with my not wanting to be hungry element, while running the product.

In the last 12 days (since I started tracking my weight using our ridiculous biometric body composition scanner in our gym at work), I am down 5.7 lbs. So, I was probably down more since I started running Shred, but I simply wasnt weighing myself at the time and only had a "guesstimate" to what I was previously. Whatever.

Distribution seems limited, but it appears bb.com has the best deal on the product at 2 for $47. That's 60 scoops if you run it one at a time, or about $1 per if you give it a "heaping scoop" like I did. Not bad, but could be slightly better. Say...2 for $40...

Side Effects

Nope.

Conclusion

Overall, this product was met with skepticism and high expectations and EVL does exactly what I was looking for with this product. Now, like I said, if you are looking for a typical meathead lifting PWO, this is not it. If you are looking for a straight "weight loss"/"Thermogenic" it's not that either. It's a product that hit's each of those marks "well", but neither great...which was perfect for my goals. If your goals were similar to mine, this product is an excellent option.

Advertisement: