Loaded Protein Reviews

By: Ryse Supps

Protein > Whey Protein
Loaded Protein is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by Ryse Supps. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.

Overall
Overall
Thanks to Ryse Supps for sending it out!
  June 27, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • A Little Clumpy

This protein tastes really good and has added MCTs. The only downside is that the product is expensive.

I'm a competing powerlifter, and I go through a lot of protein shakes each week. I try to consume some fat post-workout along with my protein and carbs, so when I saw Ryse's Loaded Protein in the Troops program, I knew I wanted to give it a go. The added MCTs were a big plus for me.

One scoop (38.7g) gives us 140 calories, 25g protein, 5g carbs, (2g fiber, 1g sugar), and 2.5g fat (1.5g saturated). There's also 260g, 200mg potassium, and 120mg calcium.

The protein sources are whey protein isolate and whey protein concentrate. The fiber is probiotic fiber added to improve digestion and the amino profile is posted on the side of the tub.

1 scoop gives you 5.2g bcaas (2.4g from leucine), which is pretty normal for a whey powder.

I got Peanut Butter Cup (made with PB2), and it was really delicious, 9.5/10. It had the right balance of chocolate and peanut butter and it had a hint of salt which you would get if you ate a Reese's cup. It's one of the best protein powders I've had, and is the best chocolate peanut butter cup on the market in my opinion.

The mixability is okay. There was a little clumping when I used a shaker but not a lot. I wish the shake had been thicker. This mixed a little thin for my tastes.

I used 1 scoop at a time, usually in a glass of milk but sometimes, I mixed it in yogurt.

My results using Loaded Protein were mostly good. I usually had this protein post workout/for breakfast. It would keep me full for 2-2.5hours which is pretty normal for me.

It was easy to digest. I don't know if the probiotic fiber helped, but it certainly didn't hurt.

In general, my recovery was pretty good while I used Loaded Protein. I was doing an ultra high frequency program at the time, so I had some joint soreness, but that was to be expected.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I saw any benefit from the added MCTs. They're supposed to give you energy, but I didn't notice anything special. It's possible that i don't respond to them. It's also possible that 1g isn't enough.

One 2lb tub retails for $45, which is a lot, $1.66/serving. Only found one "deal" on the product, bringing the price down to $40.5 and the cost per serving to $1.5.

That's just too high in my opinion. The protein tastes very good, but taste alone isn't enough to justify the expense. It would be one thing if the product was unique, but there are two other protein powders that I know of with added fats (one has MCTs and the other sunflower oil), and they're cheaper $ ($1.16 and $1.33/serving respectively).

Perhaps if this was a pure whey isolate or there were more MCTs, I could understand the price. But right now, it's just not competitive.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I enjoyed Loaded Protein. Ryse definitely brought the flavor, but it's too expensive to be a go to protein for me. Perhaps if I was in the mood to splurge.
  • Peanut Butter Cup: 9/10