Ranks #3 (better than 99%)
In: Pre-Workout > Stimulant

Total War is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Redcon1. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
ARTICLES
FORUM TOPICS

shinndigg
TROOPer Level: 44

June 14, 2017

Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
Big thanks to Redcon1 for providing this product up for review to the TROOPs. Pre-workouts seem to be a dime a dozen these days. It feels like new ones pop up out of nowhere almost every day. Companies need to bring their "A" game when it comes to these pre-workouts to have a product worthy of note. Let's check out how Total War stacked up for me:

Dosage

1 scoop 30-45 minutes before workout. Stacked with Redcon1's Big Noise primarily, but ran a few days on its own as a form of a control for comparison.

Ingredient Profile (8.5/10)

Right off the bat, major bonus points for a fully disclosed label and no prop blends! There are a few ingredients in the profile that stand out to me, first off being the 6 grams of Citrulline Malate. A very healthy dose, and among the highest you will find on the market today. Next is 3.2 grams of Beta Alanine, which is the "Magic Number" as far as a dose of this ingredient goes. 1 gram of Agmatine Sulfate and 1 gram of Taurine, and to round it out a 250 mg dose of caffeine. The caffeine is a little on the low side for me as I prefer at or around 300 mg, but the Agmatine and Taurine are both in adequate amounts. There are a lot of potent ingredients in this profile in adequate to exceptional doses, and this product is a good option for people looking to go the creatine free route. This is a very well put together product.

Mixture (8/10)

I mixed this with a little more water than normal, the directions on this product call for 8-10 ounces of water and I used 12. This mixed up pretty well with only a small amount of undissolved powder. The foaming was moderate, but wasn't too bad.

Taste (7.5/10)

I sampled the Watermelon flavor in this product. This had a little sweeter than normal taste to me, not off-putting however it was noticeable. The sweetness also left a little bit of an aftertaste, but again not necessarily a bad thing. This was an easy product to chug before hitting the gym.

Effectiveness (8.5/10)

When I evaluate a pre-workout, I like to look at what I call the 5 points of performance: energy, strength, endurance, focus, and pumps.

Energy: This product is a little light on the caffeine as I mentioned prior. Folks who are stimulant tolerant as I am may not experience as strong of a feeling
of energy, the added Taurine does help a little though. I wasn't lethargic, but not quite to the "amped up" level. I give energy a C+.

Strength: Being a creatine free pre-workout puts this at a little disadvantage as far as strength goes in my opinion, this product is geared more towards endurance. I didn't really notice any significant increases or boosts in strength. So for this category it gets a C-.

Endurance: One of the highlights of this product is the endurance factor, the Beta Alanine and Taurine work well together to promote endurance. Beta Alanine is one of my favorite supplements, and using it in adequate doses makes a significant difference in my eyes. This product was no exception, I give this an A for endurance.

Focus: One of the greatest feelings in the world is getting that tunnel vision and that "In the zone" feeling. I didn't quite reach that level with this product, however I did notice a slightly increased feeling of focus during my run on this. Focus gets a B.

Pumps: The other category this product shines in. 6 grams of Citrulline Malate and 1 gram of Agmatine hit you with some real nice pump action. The pumps you feel with this product are great, however when you stack with Big Noisethe pumps are other worldly, no joke. The best pumps I have ever felt in my life came from stacking these two products, the kind of pumps that are almost painful. Even on its own though, the pumps are excellent and it gets an A+.

Value (7/10)

The best price I can find is on Amazon for $33.99 for a 30 serving tub, this is specifically for the Watermelon flavor. The going rate appears to be $39.99 elsewhere. At the $33.99 price it comes to $1.13 per serving, which is about middle of the pack as far as per serving price goes. With the quality ingredients you get though, this adds to this products value slightly.

Conclusion and Verdict

This product is a hard hitting pre-workout for pumps and endurance. All the other facets are there to a degree, and this is one of the best well rounded products I have used as far as pre-workouts go. I could go for a little bit more caffeine, and perhaps a version with creatine in it but overall this product gets the thumbs up and the Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pump
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Great Endurance
  • Great Dosages
  • Too Sweet
  • Watermelon: 7/10
FRIDGE
TROOPer Level: 5
  June 9, 2017

Hey guys, pleased to bring you this review on total war! Redcon1 is one of the newer brands recently released here in the south African, so it was compulsory to give it a try - as the product line and product profiles were rather good.

Very solid when it came to the clinical and effective dosages of beta alanine and citrulline malate! I felt the exclusion of l theanine, l tyrosine, choline, betaine and even a nitrate of some sort really hurt it! But overall very solid and effective ingredients - just not to my preferred liking. I wont lie, some of the ingredients used are uncommon and trying some ingredients that aren't found in ever other pre can be seen as innovative! This is oddly enough a 2 scooper max pre - which brings in concerns, who is the right mind wants 6.4g of beta alanine? I do know that its supposedly is meant to be stacked with their own n.o. booster to enhance the effectiveness.

supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 scoop (14.5g)
Servings per Container: 30

Theobroma cacao extract: 50mg
Higenamine HCl: 25mg
Bioperine Black Pepper Fruit Extract: 10mg
Rauwolscine (Rauvolfia Canescens L. [leaf and root]): 2mg
Other Ingredients: Disodium phosphate, sucralose, acesulfame-k, maltodextrin, silica.

----Taste---
Taste
Sour gummy bear
Meh- is the word I use to describe the taste - it to me, was not the best. Can taste make or break a supplement? In my opinion no. The taste was like a weird bitter concoction and I really didn't like it. It reminded me of vomit. It was honestly ok at best.

---Mixability---
Total war really mixed well and although a bit of graininess was left behind, ultimately there was no mixability issues at all.

---Dosing----
1 scoop with around 250/300ml of water, I used and only recommend.

(7/10) broken down into groups.

Energy 7/10
Energy was good, it could have been better. I noticed it was still pretty tough to get going and motivated after the first few workouts. Initially my first serving ever was amazing from there on I became immune to it and it never lived up to the first scoop I ever took.

Focus 7/10
Focus wasn't where it should have and could have been, effects faded the longer the workout went on which didn't help. At the beginning of the workout things are always great but then it gradually fades away - could have been worse though.

Stamina 8/10
Was really good, I could train longer and with minimal breaks inbetween sets which lead to great intensity overall. Stamina is one of the product highlights for me.

Strength 7/10
Was lightly improved especially during the last few reps and sets where I was able to do slightly heavier lifts - nothing insane but rather good. The exclusion of tried and trusted creatine mono/ or another form of creatine- may have been the missing ingredient especially in this department.

Pump 6/10
The pump was also OK, nothing really stood out bar stamina and intensity which shows TW weak points. Pump was enhanced but not skin tearing but a nice flow here and there was experienced. I just don't like the fact that it feel as if TW is watered down in order to stack it with their n.o booster.

Intensity 8,5/10
This was the main product highlight - and very few pres have made me sweat like this has. I believe intensity is needed for optimum gains. TW did not disappoint here, I often found my self dripping with sweat - luckily I train at home lol.

Here it is about $43 for a tub, which is a fair price here. Considering for me its 30 workouts which is great value. Although its not my favorite pre it certainly could have been more expensive.

Side Effects

nothing - no crash at all, which was a major relief.

Conclusion

7,5/10
Overall Total war is a really good pre workout supplement, the intensity xperienced definitely made the score higher, simple things should be addressed. Rather make an xtreme one scoop version - I wont even suggest 2 scoops- I just dislike the whole notion of buying a subpar pre and you are majorly suggested to buy their n.o. booster. To me moderation is key and so too being smart, total war is a great newbie pre workout, honestly its not the strongest pre by any means but its safe - and effective(especially since I found it to have no crash). For me it just never really did it - intensity just isn't enough in todays preworkout market which is only growing and becoming more and more competitive. Being an old time supplement user, very few preworkouts hit me as being super good - unless they are out of this world. Considering someone would only be using one scoop of total makes it a very affordable option(which raised the score), just be sure to choose the correct flavour or else you are stuck with an unenjoyable taste for 30 workouts - something I currently have experience with lol.
  • Intensity
  • Stamina
  • Not Effective Enough At One Scoop
  • Sour Gummy Bear Is Meh
  • Sour Gummy Bear: 4/10
iamfr3d
  May 30, 2017

I'm a Graphic Designer on the Gold Coast in Australia and am currently doing some Powerlifting. I'm not one to spend too much but will fork out money on some good quality supplements.
First heard about Total War by Redcon1 simply by browsing online looking for a new preworkout to take. I'm currently on my third tub of Total War so I've been taking this preworkout for awhile, for a good reason.

Now a couple of things I look for in a good preworkout are scientific doses, and three certain ingredients: Citrulline Malate (6-8g), Beta Alanine (2-4g) and Caffeine (usually looking for 200-300mg), and Total War ticks all these boxes, and with the addition of DMHA it really grabbed my attention.

I'm no scientist and I could probably look up all the ingredients in the nutrition label below and copy and paste what they do here but it's a personal review so I'll just comment on what I know and feel was effective with Total War.

Citrulline Malate: Like I said, this is a huge ingredient I look for in preworkouts, when working out for 2-3 hours I need the strength and endurance Citrulline gives and with a scientifically dosed serving of 6g this definitely will help you last throughout your workout.

Beta Alanine: This goes hand in hand with Citrulline I believe and really helped with my endurance during my workouts. As a powerlifter I'm not one to really go chasing for muscle pumps, but every now and then when I do some solid hypertrophy training I can really feel when this stuff works compared to other preworkouts with less Beta Alanine.

Caffeine: With 250mg of caffeine in Total War, for me personally is perfect, not too much and not too little. I am somewhat sensitive to caffeine, and have experienced some pretty bad crashes previously (two scoops of Giant Rush had me in hospital, 400mg of caffeine was just a bit too much, great workout though), but 250mg of caffeine gives me the right amount of energy to finish up my long workouts. Now I'll be honest, I've been taking Total War for more than 2 months now (should probably take a break) and I haven't produced any tolerance to any of the stimulants in this preworkout yet.

DMHA: My goodness this stuff is great, after finishing up a preworkout that had DMBA in it (Outrage by Outlast Nutrition) I was in search for an alternative, and Redcon1 answered my prayers with Total War. 100mg of DMHA is perfect, it gets me through long workouts yet has me feeling good with an elevated mood for ages afterwards with no crash. I CAN CONFIRM THAT NO CRASHES HAVE BEEN HAD WITH TOTAL WAR EVEN AFTER 2 MONTHS OF USE

Other Ingredients: Two other ingredients on the label that I can comment on: Agmatine Sulfate and Taurine. 1g of both is a good addition, helping out with strength and mood in the gym. Now the other stuff on the label; I'm sure they're doing something but I cannot personally and confidently comment on what they do and how they help.

I've had three flavours of Total War so far: Blue Lemonade, Strawberry Kiwi and Watermelon, and I would rank them in that order.

The Blue Lemonade was probably the most "real lemon" flavour I've ever had. It actually tasted like citrus and was sweet and sour (but a nice sour), now sometimes I would mix my pre with dextrose monohydrate for a bit of carbs before a workout so that enhanced the flavour.

The Strawberry Kiwi, to me, tasted like a strawberry Zappo lolly, and that was a fun time, sweet and sour.

The Watermelon flavour was my least flavour as it had a "fake" kind of taste afterwards, not really tasting like real watermelon.

Now I'm not one to really care about flavour, but it's got to be bearable to drink of course. These flavours might be a bit too sweet for some, but its an easy fix with just adding more water and taking it as a shot.

The effectiveness is where Total War really shines. Like I've said before, I've been taking this for more than 2 months and the effects have not dropped.

I tend to take my preworkout around 20-30 minutes before I workout (by workout I mean finished my warm up sets and starting to hit my heavy sets), and when timed right this stuff is really kicking in about the time I get to my heavy working weight.

The energy from Total War isn't a huge hit, but more like a steady climb, it increases bit by bit and if timed right, you'll be fully energized, focused and ready to lift by the time you're at your working weights. It's a real clean energy and helps you really focus in the gym. As for pumps, they weren't insane, but were definitely there. HOWEVER, I paired Total War with Big Noise by Redcon1 (Non stim pump pre) and HOLY poo. IF YOU'RE TRYING OR WANNA TRY TOTAL WAR YOU NEED TO TRY IT WITH BIG NOISE. Stacked together my workouts were amazing, the mental energy was there, the focus was there, mood was elevated and dear god the pumps came crashing in, and with the addition of the nutropics from Big Noise my mind was focused to the max.

I highly recommend Total War by Redcon1 for those that are looking a solid preworkout that simply works all the time, every time.

In the Australian market preworkouts can be pretty expensive, and scientifically dosed ones can be even more. But Total War in my opinion is pretty averagely priced, maybe even better. I got 2 tubs for $60 each, which is pretty good considering the price for Pre Jym around is about $70+

Side Effects

I experienced NO crashes from this, no cold sweats, or insomnia (I take ZMA before bed so that helps put me to sleep) however I did experience one good side effect and that would be the elevated mood hours after my workouts.

Conclusion

Great doses, pretty tasty flavours, decent price, amazing effects. Definitely one of my go to preworkouts from now on.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Great Endurance
    • Blue Lemonade: 8/10
    • Strawberry Kiwi: 8/10
    • Watermelon: 6/10
    vasilgj
      May 14, 2017

What's up SR, this is review number 2. I found out about SR through the Stack3d Pro. I wanted to write this review to help people choose the right pre workout for them -something a lot of people have trouble with. My personal goals are to increase lean body mass, while maximizing athletic performance. I will be reviewing a few more products in the near future including but not limited to protein powders, pre workouts, BCAA's/EAA's.

Citrulline Malate: used to increase endurance and reduce fatigue. Citrulline is converted into arginine in the body which increases nitric oxide levels and causes vasodilation. Malate means that there is malic acid added to increse the absorption of citrulline.
    Beta Alanine: has been shown to increase endurance and prevent fatigue.
    Agmatine: comes from the breakdown of the amino acid L-arginine. It is regulates nitric oxide which is responsible for vasodilation. It has also been shown in studies to decrease neuropathic pain.
    Taurine: an amino acid found in many foods, but most often in meats. Studies have shown that it increases blood flow, decreases fatigue, and increases performance. Researchers are currently studying its effects as an anti-diabetic.
    Caffeine Anhydrous: simply "dehydrated" caffeine, in powder form. Caffeine has been shown to increase focus, power output, fat oxidation, glucose regulation, and many more.
    N-Phenethyl Dimethylamine Citrate: also known as Eria Jarensis, is a popular CNS stimulant, milder than DMAA. It acts as a mood enhancer, it increases focus and power.
    2 Aminoisoheptane: also known as DMHA, is very similar but milder than DMAA. It is known to enhance mood, focus, and power. DMHA is mostly responsible for its euphoric properties.
    Theobroma cocoa extract: naturally found in dark chocolate, theobroma provides cardiovascular and cognitive support. It is known to increase blood flow, thus enhancing "the pump." It has also been shown to decrease LDL and increase HDL
    Higenamine: it has been shown to have anti asthmatic effects, by causing bronchodilation. It has been used in a lot of fat burners because of its ability to act similarly to ephedrine
    Bioperine: a patent ingredient used to increase absorption
    Rauwolscine: also known as alpha yohimbine, very similar to yohimbine, but much more potent. Aids in improved mood, fat burning, and lean mass preservation.

Taste: I've tries sour gummy bear and strawberry kiwi. They both taste great, but sour gummy flavor is out of this world. I'm not the type of person to really care about flavors, but that one is simply amazing.
    Mixability: pretty average, I would recommend using room temp water. There's still some "leftovers" in the shaker after I drink it.
    Dosing:
    Citrulline Malate 6g. Malate simply means that there is a malic acid molecule which has been shown to increase absorption. 2:1 ratio yields 4g citrulline and 2g malic acid. Citrulline supplementation is suggested at 4-8g
    Beta Alanine 3.2g is the clinical dose
    Agmatine sulfate 1g. Agmatine has been studied in doses 500mg-2g
    Taurine 1g. Doses 500mg-2g have been shown to be effective
    Caffeine 250mg. Effects are dose and tolerance dependent. 200-300mg has been shown to produce desired effects
    N Phenethyl Dimethylamine Citrate 125mg. While there is no recommendations on dosage, 125-250mg are commonly used
    2 Aminoisoheptane 100mg. While there is no recommended dosage, 100-200mg has been shown to be effective
    Theobroma 50mg. There is no recommend dosage, but 50-100mg is commonly used and seems to be effective.
    Higenamine 25mg. Dosages 20-30mg have been shown to be effective
    Bioperine 10mg. Studies supported 5mg as an effective dose
    Rauwolscine 2mg. There is no recommended dosage, but 1-2 mg are commonly used and seem to be effective

What can I say, this pre workout is true to its name. I start feeling the effects around 20 mins after I drink it, and it keeps me going through my entire workout which is usually about 1.5 hours. Pump is great. The combination of citrulline, agmatine, and theobroma really do the trick for me. Focus and power are phenomenal. The first time I tried this, I was blown away. Still to this dsy, 2 months later, it delivers what it promises. I respond very well to the mixture of beta alanine, caffeine, eria jarensis, DMHA, rauwolscine, and taurine. Like I said, it kicks in about 20 mins after I take it, and I seriously cannot wait to get in the gym and lift something. I feel like I'm "in the zone" for my entire workout, I've had some of my best workouts with Total War. I would recommend stacking it with Big Noise

About average, I bought this on a BOGO free deal for about $40, but I've seen it between $30-$40.

Side Effects

None for me

Conclusion

This is my go-to pre workout, I will keep taking it for sure. If you're a fan of stimulant pre workouts, then Total War might be the one for you.
      • Strawberry Kiwi: 8/10
      • Sour Gummy Bear: 10/10
      BroteinBoy
      TROOPer Level: 3
        May 9, 2017

Total War the Redcon1 pre workout thats already growing in popularity at a rapid rate and for good reason. I am currently on my third tub of Total war, having stocked up during a sale around christmas time, currently weight training 6 days a week along with athletics. Have also stacked it multiple times with Redcon1's Big Noise, which I will touch on

Ah finally a pre workout with absolute clarity when it comes to the product details, Redcon1 have given the customer the goods with full dsiclosure on their label, now lets break that down into the key points of interest:
      Citulline Malate 6g's, Agmatine Sulfate 1g, Beta Alanine 3.2g - right out of the gate the pump and endurance formula shows us clinical dosages

Stimulants (aka the fun stuff):

250mg Caffeine Anhydrous,
      N-phenethyl Dimethylamine Citrate: 125mg
      2 Aminoisoheptaine: 100mg (The newest DMAA replacement)
      Theobroma cacao extract: 50mg (Theobromine)
      Higenamine HCl: 25mg
      Bioperine: Black Pepper Fruit Extract: 10mg (Double the standard dosing)
      Rauwolscine (Rauvolfia Canescens L. [leaf and root]): 2mg

Redcon1's Total War comes in an ever expanding number of flavours, a number which grows as they run their 12 flavours of the month over the next year. I personally can only touch on the flavours I have tried, which are: Blue raspberry, Strawberry kiwi, Watermelon and Sour gummy Bear. My personal favourite has been the Strawberry Kiwi and the Watermelon, but all flavours have been good, the Sour Gummy Bear is a bit to sweet for me (what a surprise a candy flavour thats sweet, lol), but its manageable, with the ever expanding flavours there are so many options (one of which includes rock candy and pineapple juice, both of which I must try) These contain no artificial colours and the mixability is perfect, no floaters or sinkers.
      Dosage is simply one scoop, each tub contains 30 servings.

I'll break this down into a few main categories in order to simplify it,

Pump:
      The pumps on Total War are great, with clinical dosages of both Citrulline Malate and Agmatine Sulfate (which I respond well too) this product is sure to get those pumps flowing, when stacked with the Non stim pump formula also by redcon1 Big Noise this takes the workouts to another level. To a point where I would recommend saving the stacking of the two for certain body parts only because the pumps can almost be painful.

Endurance:
      No issues with endurance, the combination of the clinical dosing of beta alanine and the Taurine means no endurance or performance issues

Energy:
      This is where Total War shines, from the caffeine being perfectly dosed as to not over do it with the combination of the other stimulants, to the addition of the 2-aminoisoheptane leads to fantastic clean energy with no jittery side effects and no massive crash at the end of a workout. Because the dosing is so accurate and done so the ingredients can work synergistically Total War is consistently good and delivers workout after workout. There is a slight mood elevation but nothing too drastic, I would like to see the addition of more Nootropics and focus pieces into the formula (which can be found in Big Noise)

Overall value for money comes in at 30 serves (true serves) at around $39.99, to be fair it is a true one scoop serving and some less stimulant experienced folks may want to start with half a scoop to a three quarter scoop, thus increasing its value per serving. Keep an eye out as Redcon1 is always running promotions where you can get great deals on their products.

Side Effects

No notable side effects other then if taken too close to bed may effect sleep (obviously).

Conclusion

In conclusion Redcon1 has absolutely nailed it with this pre, this has something to offer everyone, from the stim junkie to the new pre workout user. The effective dosages and the ability to still have an effective session using half a scoop while a full scoop wont fry your brain gives the user lots of wiggle room. The combination of ingredients in such effective and synergistic doses allows this product to perform workout after workout.
      • Sour Gummy Bear: 6/10
      wjmathewsx
      TROOPer Level: 49
        April 17, 2017

Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
      What up ladies and gents? I'm here today to tell you what I think of Redcon1's Total War preworkout. I took this product while in the heart of a cut. I knew going into a cut that I would need some serious energy in my preworkout so when I saw SR.com offering this to the TROOPers I thought it was some kind of fate :) I saw the ingredient label and knew immediately that I wanted to try this so that I could compare it to the others that look to have some similar ingredients.

NO PROP BLEND....That alone will get you two thumbs up in my world. Throw in 6g's of Citruline Maleate and you are speaking my language. There's your basic solid preworkout ingredients like caffeine, Taurine, Beta Alanine, and Agmatine Sulfate, and then there are a few that make me pull up the old Google and read about....

N-phenethyl Dimethylamine Citrate, better known as eria jarensis. N-phenethyl dimethylamine citrate is a class of PEAs that helps with mental focus during training and helps you feel good long after your workout is over. I can attest to this... I felt a really good focus and a great mood when finished with my workouts. I'm sure the endorphins and the clean eating had something to do with it as well but I felt "better" at the end of the workouts than I have in the past.

2-aminoisoheptane is a stimulant that is said to boost energy levels and appetite suppression. It is said to be derived from a plant species known as Aconitum Kusnezoffii, however, it's most likely synthetically made. It is a relatively new stimulant that has begun to appear in a range of pre workout supplements and is said to be a suitable replacement to AMP Citrate as well as the banned stimulant DMAA.

Higenamine HCL is derived from a wide variety of plants and works on the body as a stimulant. It has the dual purpose of targeting muscle areas with companion effects, meaning it causes some muscles to slow down their contractions and others to speed up their rate.

It contains a few other common preworkout ingredients. I posted a picture of the label for your viewing pleasure if you want to checkout the doses of each individual ingredients.

Taste- I received the Strawberry Kiwi flavor and it wasn't bad at all. I actually prefer strawberry flavored preworkouts over most flavors.

Mixability- It seemed to mix just fine for me. No clumping. There was a little grittiness with the last swallow but that's a given for just about any preworkout.

Dosing- I just hit one scoop with about 8-10 oz of water about 20-30 minutes before I hit the gym. My wife tried a couple of scoops as well but she takes her preworkout in the form of a shot (no more than 4oz of water) and she said it seemed a little to sweet with just 4 oz of water.

I loved my time in the gym after taking Total War. I felt really good throughout the workout and after as well. The energy was sustainable and did the job to get me through several hard leg days. I was thoroughly surprised that when I took it on an empty stomach I didn't have bathroom issues like I do with other preworkouts. May have been the extremely clean eating I was doing but... who really knows

$35-$40 for 30 servings seems about right when you compare it to other preworkouts that offer much of the same ingredients and doses. A little over a $1 a serving seems to be about what the others are at as well. I don't mind paying for what you get and with no prop blend I know EXACTLY what I'm getting.

Side Effects

Surprisingly NONE

Conclusion

In conclusion, I really liked Total War and plan on trying the other flavors they offer as well. The label shows you what you get. The flavor tastes fine. You get a great pump and good amount of energy from taking it and it helps give you the focus you need to complete the tough workouts. Thanks to Redcon1 and SR.com for this opportunity. It means a lot to people like me that our opinions are valued and trusted.
      Brotein
      TROOPer Level: 38
        April 9, 2017

Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
      Redcon1 lives by the motto of "The Highest State of Readiness". They pride themselves on formulating products not just for bodybuilders and athletes but also for the every-man. From the moment I saw this, coupled with the extremely packed ingredient profile, I knew there was potentially something special in the making. Let's get right into the first part of what made me enjoy Total War so much.

Ingredient Profile: (9.5/10)

I think anyone would be hard pressed to find a better creatine free pre-workout than this. It starts off with 6g of Citrulline Malate, 3.2g of Beta Alanine and 1g of Agmatine. Any of you who have read previous reviews of mine know what a huge proponent of Agmatine I am for pumps, and 6g is a nice, hefty dose of Citrulline. Beta Alanine is dosed at the clinical amount, which is obviously a plus as well. It follows with a whole host of energy and focus ingredients, including 1g of Taurine, 250mg of caffeine and 2mg of yohimbine. They finish it all out with a few ingredients we may be familiar with as DMAA "alternatives" in DMHA and Eria Jarensis dosed at 100mg and 125mg respectively. At least on paper, Total War hits every single category you could possibly want and look for in a pre-workout.

Effectiveness: (9.0/10)

This was a damn great pre-workout, simple as that. The energy was clean and sustained, and not too overwhelming at 250mg per scoop. Coupled with the myriad of other stimulants and focus enhancing agents included, it was quite the experience, to say the least. Every single workout was enjoyable, even after the longest days. The pump was also pretty intense, leaving my muscles full and dense quite a while after the workout. Basically, it would be difficult for me to imagine this pre-workout being improved in any type of way.

Taste/Mixing: (5/10)

I went with Sour Gummy Bear for the flavor, and while I appreciate flavors that go outside the box, this one just wasn't for me. Is it possible for something to be both too sweet and too tart at the same time? Because that's how I felt about the flavor. Not that I hated it...I just grew tired of it very, very quickly. I'll be choosing another flavor for my next go with Total War.

Value: (8.8/10)

I found Total War on i-supplements.com (through Priceplow.com) for $35.99 after a 10% discount code. For $1.19 per scoop, you get 30 servings of a true one-scoop pre-workout formula. I believe this represents outstanding value in today's market. I highly recommend this at this price point.

Overall: (9/10)

Overall, Total War has quickly found a spot towards the top of my favorite pre-workout list. It hits every major category in terms of effectiveness with flying colors and is exceedingly affordable considering the ingredients. Purchase with confidence.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Pump
      • No Proprietary Blends
      • Great Endurance
      • Great Dosages
      • Sour Gummy Bear: 5/10
      smashley23
      TROOPer Level: 29
        April 3, 2017

Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!

I lift 4-5 days a week, with a focus on strength, but I do a fair amount of hypertrophy work. I like trying out different pre workouts, and I have used a number of different stimulants over the years (DMHA, DMAA, J. Regia etc). Total War was the third DMHA pre I have tried and is by hard the strongest pre I have used.

Total War is a pretty well rounded pre. Instead of an underdosed stim bomb hidden in a prop blend, we have a well dosed, open profile that has multiple stimulants, pump agents, and ergogenic aids. There are a lot of ingredients. I'll go through the more common/interesting ons.

Stimulants

Caffeine (250mg) We have about two cups of coffee worth of caffeine. Definitely enough to get most people going without being overwhelming.

2-Aminoisoheptaine (DMHA 100mg- This is a newer stimulant that is becoming more popular in pre workouts. It's similar to DMAA and provides a lot of energy and focus. I have seen more DMHA in other pres (150mg, 200mg), but 100mg is still a good amount.

N-phenthyl Dimethylamine Citrate (Eria Jarensis) 125mg- This stimulant is similar to PEA and gives a euphoric effect. It's often paired with DMHA. There is no established clinical dose for Eria Jarensis, but 125mg is a common dose.

Rauwolscine (2mg)- This is a fat burner similar to yohimbine. There isn't an established clinical dose for it, but it's often sold in 1-2mg capsules.

Pump Agents

Citrulline Malate (6g)- Citrulline Malate is used for pumps and endurance. I'm assuming this is a 1:1 ratio since there isn't one giving, yielding about 3g of citrulline per scoop. This is a decent dose, but I'd rather see 4g of citrulline per scoop.

Agmatine Sulfate (1g)- Agmatine is a metabolite of L-Arginine. It's often used in pre workouts to improve pumps, but it may also benefit cognitive health and improve nutrient partitioning. 1g is a good dose for pumps.

Other Ergogenics

Taurine (1g)- is a conditionally essential amino acids. It can improve focus, cell hydration, and is anti-catabolic. 1g is a reasonable dose; you probably don't want more than 3g.

Beta-Alanine (3.2g) This is the building block of carnosine and is used to increase physical performance in the 60-240 second range. I'm not the biggest fan of beta-alanine in pre workouts because it's a saturation ingredient (doesn't impact your workout) and is not that advantageous for most bodybuilders and powerlifters. Unless you regularly have sets that go over 60 seconds, you probably aren't benefiting from it. This supplement is better for endurance athletes.

Also, it's can interfere with taurine in terms of absorption, so it's probably better to take taurine pre-workout and to take beta alanine at a different time (and with carbs).

That being said, Total War at least offers a clinical dose, and some people like the tingles that come with it.

Other ingredients: theobromine, higenamine, biopeperine

--Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

I got the strawberry kiwi flavor and it tasted pretty good (8.5/10). There are a number of ingredients in Total War that taste pretty bad (agmatine, DMHA, etc), so you need a strong flavor to mask it. This easily tasted better than the other DMHA pres I tried.

Mixability- This mixed easily with a shaker bottle. No clumps or residue on the bottom and the foam that appeared settled readily.

Dosing- One scoop is more than enough. I started with a 1/2 scoop to test it out, and I recommend that even if you have used DMHA before. The combination of stimulants here is powerful, so I would start of easy to assess your tolerance.

I had a great time with Total War. The energy was (10/10), and I'd recommend saving it for your heavier days. I think the Rauwolscine made the difference for me. The other DMHA pres I've tried had caffeine, and Eria Jarensis, but now rauwolscine and I could feel the difference. The other pres woke me up. This one woke me up with a fog horn.

In my experience, a tolerance will build if you use DMHA too often, so I would either have a stim-free pre for some of the days or at least one without DMHA.

I liked using Total War on Deadlift Day, which for me is the best day to go all out.

For me, the energy would peak around 20-25 minutes I took it, would be really intense for about 10 minutes and then would level out over the next hour or so. It was easily enough to get me to through a 90+ minute session.

I got pretty good pumps with TW as well (8/10) and the focus was there as well (8.5/10)

I usually see Total War retailing for $36-$40, which comes out to about $1.25 per workout. This is cheaper than the other DMHA pres I've used which were around $1.50-$2 per pre workout, so I'd say the value here is pretty high.

I've also seen Total War go on BOGO a couple of times, which would get you two tubs for $40. That's a steal and easily worth it if you like DMHA.

Side Effects

I got cold sweats for a few minutes from the Raw (also happens when I take Yohimbine). I don't mind it, but for some people that would be a problem.

Conclusion

What else can I say, this is a really good pre. Well formulated, tasty, a solid price. RedCon1 did well with this one, and I will definitely be paying more attention to their line after this.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • No Proprietary Blends
      • Great Endurance
      • Can Cause Cold Sweats
      Chuntz
      TROOPer Level: 34
        March 25, 2017

Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!

First off, HUGE shoutout to REDCON1 for sending this bad boy out to us TROOPs! I was impressed when I saw this bad boy pop up after recently seeing some others rave about it and had to get my hands on it. If you've read my other PWO reviews, than you already know I'm a huge fan of blue raspberry, BUT I decided to straw away and try Total War out in BLUE LEMONADE, WOOOOOOOO!

Ahhhh, the best part. Total War is fully disclosed, music to most peoples ears now a days. Coming in at 250mg we have caffeine, a staple in almost ever stim PWO out today. Next we have citrulline at 6g, which will aid in increasing your pump, but I'll get to my pump later on. Taurine is 1g, so combined with the citrulline you should have a nice pump going on. Also, beta alanine is 3.2, a staple in all PWO's and clearly effective. We also get 125mg of dimethylamine citrate (DMHA), but it doesn't compared to DMAA in my opinion. Between your caffeine, pump agents, beta alanine and DMHA you're going to recieve some great energy.

Taste:

Alright, if you've ever had lemonade before, than you know it can be strong at times. Blue lemonade followed the typical lemonade standard of being overbearing at times. I used the recommended water of 4-6 ounces but even a 6 it was wooooooooah! Diluted it with a drop more water and I was able to chug it and it made it taste better in my opinion. Others may prefer that super sweet taste and go for just the 4 ounces of water.

Mixabilitiy:

No clumps. No foaming. Whenever I opened the container though I felt like a huge cloud of PWO floated out of it. My sister even said something one day because it was just kinda chillen in the air. NBD though.

Dosing:

I dosed this at just one scoop. I felt that was plenty. There were specifically two days where I took 1.5 scoops just to test it out and let me tell youuuuu, damn. I was feeling NICE. One of the two times was on an empty stomach too, it hit hard.

I never immediately felt Total War hit me. It was more of a hey I'm warming up and BOOM, there it is, LET'S GO! I experienced a lot of tunnel vision while on this, which I personally enjoy. Just being there and zoning out, not hearing anything going on around you, that's what I live for. Pump wise I did not notice much, but I definitely felt the beta tingles. My favorite experience while taking this was the 1.5 scoop on an empty stomach. I felt like I took Jack3D from back in the day and fire ants were crawling all over my face. I actually enjoyed this more fasted than taking around 30 min after my preworkout meal, it hit way harder. Regardless, it was effective both ways when taken.

You can pick this up online for $40 at 30 servings. For what you're getting, it's really not a bad price at all. Plus as I mentioned earlier, you really only need one scoop of this, that's it. So it comes out to $1.33/serving.

Side Effects

Besides explosive energy to single handily take down a small army, none.

Conclusion

I would totally pick this up again, most likely in the sour gummy flavor. For the ingredients, price, and effects, It's a winner in my book. I'm really digging REDCON1 and look forward to trying out some of their other products!
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • No Proprietary Blends
      • Blue Lemonade: 8/10
      willyb87
      TROOPer Level: 49
        March 23, 2017

Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!

Redcon1 has been littering my newsfeed on social media along with another new brand I will also be reviewing shortly, but I have been intrigued by them since looking into the products. Thanks to Redcon for sending out tons of products out to try to the TROOPers to try I was lucky enough to grab a couple and heres the 1st review...

Solid fully disclosed profile on this stuff, you have your beta alanine and taurine to help fight off muscle fatigue dosed adequately at 3.2 and 1 gram. Next you have caffeine at 250mg a nice spot for me as far as caffeine goes and then they add in a few other ingredients under that for stim and focus purposes too, nothing new or groundbreaking, but synergistically they all seem to work together very well. Lastly you have citrulline malate(6grams) and agmatine (1gram) or your pump and vascularity, the 1st of those I think is a little underdosed but that leaves a little room to stack with their pump product Big Noise(review to come later).

I requested and received blue lemonade and it seems when it comes to some ingredient in these preworkouts my taste buds are effected differently than everyone else on here. I kept reading how great this taste and while it wasn't horrible I didn't think it was great, to me it had a strange aftertaste that was quite strong especially if you didn't use much water. It mixed great though and had very little sediment left over. Dosing is self explanatory like all pre's.

Its been awhile since I was completely and totally satisfied with a product on the energy and focus spectrum. There have been some good ones that did the trick well enough but Total War really made me lose track of time and just hit it hard everytime i walked into the gym. I found myself sweating buckets at the end of a 2 hour workout and still feeling like i could go back and do more. The focus was top notch i rarely removed my headphones and would just be zoned in to my next set staring in the mirror getting myself ready. What's even better is i rarely ever crashed, but i would not recommend this for ANY workout close to bedtime. The only let down for me was the claims of skin splitting pumps, and really its not that much of a let down. Bigger companies like this market their preworkouts between stim and nonstim/pump products for a reason $$ and i cant fault them for that. The pump was about the same as if i had just taken a pure stim product, there , but not pronounced or impressive.

At around $40 for 30 servings seems to be the going rate for above average preworkouts these days maybe a little high,but fair. If you stack this with their pump product which i will be doing for my review on*Big Noise* it could get overly pricey but alone this is a solid buy.

Side Effects

insomnia if taken near bedtime

Conclusion

A bravo to Redcon1 for putting out a quality preworkout, i look forward to the next few products I'm about to get underway with and hope that i am as impressed with them as i was with this.
      • -the John Rambo Effect