(Better than 100% in Pre-Workout > Stimulant)

PRICES (5)
(30 sv) - [$1.07/sv]

Ill Pump You Up

(30 sv) - [$1.33/sv]

Muscle and Strength

Total War is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Redcon1. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
ARTICLES
FORUM TOPICS
DEALS

Overall
Overall
9.2
9.5
  December 9, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pump
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Can Become Tolerant
  • You Must Cycle

38 years old, 18.5 years active duty Army, and I workout 4 days a week. I have been running a REDCON1 stack, and of course that stack would not have been complete without Total War. I have read so much about this PWO I was excited to give it a try. i believe this is review 7 of 9 for my REDCON1 stack.

Bctuthill did a real nice job in his review at breaking down the ingredients in great detail, so I will just cover the wavetops here instead of doing my usual descriptive breakdown. This product has also been reviewed many many times this year. Of course we get a fully transparent profile from REDCON1, which I love to have in a PWO especially.

This contains 6g of Citrulline Malate, 3.2g Beta Alanine, 1g Taurine, and 1g of Agmatine Sulfate. Citrulline is an amino acid that turns into Arginine in the kidneys after supplementation. Citrulline raises NO levels in the body, dosage to enhance sports performance are 6-8g an hour prior to exercise, here we get 6g so well dosed. Beta Alanine aids in recovery and endurance and gives you those magical Tingles. Typically 2-5g daily is what you want and the dosage here hits that magical 3.2g mark that people have considered the standard. Taurine increases blood flow, and recommended dosage is 500mg - 2g; it is also said to never exceed 3g a day, as it may be toxic to the body at those levels, so this dosage is good to go. Agmatine Sulfate lowers pain and depression and typically does not go well with Citrulline (according to examine.com).

Lets talk stimulants, cause this product is full of them. We get 250mg Caffeine Anhydrous, 100mg Di-Caffeine Malate, 125mg N-phenethyl Dimethylamine Citrate (Eria Jarensis Extract), and 100mg 2 Aminoisoheptaine (DMHA). Of the caffiene types, anhydrous the standard of the Caffiene world and is commonly known as "pure caffeine", while Di caffeine Malate is two caffeine molecules bonded to a malic acid. Supposedly this does not cause stomach discomfort or a need to use the bathroom like most caffeine's do. N-phenethyl Dimethylamine Citrate is a Performance Enhancement Agent like molecule that has a very nice euphoric effect and is said to go great with DMHA. There is no known dosage but 125mg is what supplements have been sticking with since its emergence in 2015. One thing to note, is that since it is listed as a PEA, it may be banned in competitions, but I could not confirm this 100%, but if your a competition lifter, I would find out about this before taking this. DMHA is the successor to the now banned DMAA and is a mostly synthetic compound that boosts energy levels, focus, concentration, and appetite suppression. Best dosage to take is 1mg per bodyweight up to 160mg, so the 100mg is a nice dose for everyone! Unfortunately with the recent drama of DMHA, this has not been third party tested and we have no idea if this is actual DMHA in here or not.

Finally we have 50mg Theobroma Cocao extract, 25mg Higenamine HCL, and 10mg Bioperine. Bioperine is there for the absorption while I believe theobroma increases blood flow. Higenamine is a fat burner that not much information is known about.

So we have some exotic stimulants in here to be aware of and everything here is dosed well. Its unclear if Eria Jarensis Extract is banned by the WADA, granted I do not compete, but do not like to see banned substances in supplements. End of the day though its a nice profile here that appears to be fairly unique to me. Obviously you will not see any Focus type ingredients, REDCON1 leaves that for Big Noise.

Taste: I bought the Sour Gummy Bear Flavor and did enjoy it. After a while the taste lost its luster a bit, but no matter what it still was a decent tasting PWO that was super easy to drink. I am normally skeptical about unique flavors, but this did just fine for me, it really tasted like a Gummy Sour Worm to me.

Mixability: It dissolved fine and mixed well with 8-10oz of water in my shaker. Like all REDCON1 powders I have tried (almost all of them at this point), there seems to always be a very fine and gritty residue left at the bottom. No big deal, I just wash it out quickly afterwards.

Dosing: I took one scoop 30 minutes prior to my workout. With the amount of Stims here, I would never exceed 1 scoop, you are asking for serious health trouble if you do!

Before we discuss the effectiveness, to let you know my tolerance and what I like in a PWO, the best PWO I have had so far in my life is Pre-Jym with Micronamin's 12 Gauge a close second. Well, I am here to tell you that this is by far the most effective PWO I have ever tried. From start to finish Total War got me motivated to get to the gym, get fired up, and lift well. I hit PR's in all of my major lifts (Bench, Squat, OHP, Deads), mostly attributed to my workout plans, but a nice push in energy from Total War. I tried this for about 1.5 weeks alone, and the rest stacked with Big Noise. Lets break this down by weeks and stacked vs unstacked with Big Noise.

Doses 1-4: So for whatever reason this PWO is low key at first. It gives you the energy to get up and go, you get those nice Beta-Alanine tingles, but it just feels like an average PWO at this point. The energy is long lasting however, and you can get through a 60 minute workout with no issues at all. At this point i was taking this alone to see the effects, and it does give you a nice pump on its own thanks to the Citrulline Malate.

Doses 5-20: Right around the 5th dose, Total War just kicks in like crazy!! I almost felt like SuperMan, and wanted to crush the weights like the hulk. Energy levels were off the charts here, and my workouts would just zip on by. I would have that feeling of sadness because my workout was done, and I had so much more energy left. Around Dose 6 I started to stack Big Noise with this, so the pumps were great here due to the combination. This was the best workout feeling I have experienced in a long long time. I would take this and within minutes be amped up for the gym, even on my drive in.

Doses 20 - Finish: The effects start to taper off here a little bit, but you still have that energy and motivation to get you to the gym. It maintains its effectiveness, it just appears that your body adapts to all the stimulants at this point. Still more effects than the first four doses, so the nice thing is Total War does not taper off that much towards the end.

Overall Alone: Total War is fine on its own, you do not have any focus ingredients in here without Big Noise, but you get plenty of energy and some decent pumps out of it.

Overall Stacked with Big Noise: Total Focus, Complete Energy, and Insane Pumps. Great combination, I highly recommend stacking these together, and as I said in my Big Noise review, they truly are designed to compliment one another.

Overall, I was very happy and this is by far the best PWO I have taken that I can remember. With so much stims in it though, I recommend cycling this one tub at a time, then taking at least a month break. Luckily I switched to working out 4 days a week on this, so that was not too taxing on my adrenal glands as if I would workout 5-6 days a week. I did not experience any crashes after my workouts, which surprised me with so much caffiene. Good stuff!

I got this on a Labor Day discount (30% off) for $33.99 with shipping for 30 servings. That comes out to $1.13 per serving. Sure thats a bit high since we like to see PWO's around the 1 dollar mark, but considering all the exotic stims in here and the near perfect dosages, you are getting some great value in this. There are a lot of great deals on this constantly, today (9 Dec 17) you can buy this for $9.95 on E-Bay, or $25 on Day 1 Nutrition for 30 servings, which are phenomenal deals. It looks like the average price is between 30-40 dollars without a deal. Its worth the money regardless, but I would say use your Google skills for a good deal, because they are out there. REDCON1 also offers 25% discount daily to Active Duty Military and First Responders.

Side Effects

None. Usually with that much caffiene I have to visit the bathroom, but not at all here.

Conclusion

As you have read, I was very happy with this run, and this ranks as my current #1 PWO. Yes, we cannot be sure if it is in fact DMHA in it (I wish they would do a third party test), but other than that its a solid PWO. If you have never tried this, go find yourself a special deal and run this bad boy, you will not be sorry you did. I highly recommend this product. I was on the fence before trying this, and am really glad I pulled the trigger and did.
  • Sour Gummy Bear: 7/10

Other Prices:
Muscle and Strength   $39.99

August 12, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pump
  • Great Dosages
  • Too Sweet

Hi Everyone, I'm here with a review on what must be one of the most hyped up supplements of 2017-- and for good reason! Thanks to RedCon1 for being a supporter of the TROOPs program, and I hope we've been able to deliver some good insight for potential consumers and Redcon1 themselves. This stuff is a legit preworkout that needs to be tried!

I've decided to try a new approach to ingredients sections. I found that with preworkouts and multivitamins especially, the ingredients can be a little overwhelming. I'd been finding myself focusing only on key ingredients in these situations, and I think that had a negative impact on the review overall. Going forward, I will be listing out each ingredient with its intended effects then saving these to a library for quicker input and more thoroughness in the ingredients section.

Citrulline Malate - I'm assuming this is a 1:1 mix, otherwise I'm sure Redcon would've made note of it being 2:1. Citrulline is great for pumps and once ingested is converted to arginine in the kidneys. It is more effective than consuming straight arginine. Total War includes 6g of this stuff which is a very solid dose. The only PWO I think I've seen with more than that was Nutrex's Outlift at 8g. According to studies, Citrulline will have a noticeable effect in decreasing muscle soreness and fatigue, and a minor drop in blood pressure (due to vein expansion). It also causes a noticeable increase in nitric oxide levels and training volume, and a minor increase in overall bloodflow.

Beta Alanine - Clinical dosing of BA calls for 3.2g. That's exactly what we get in Total War. Beta Alanine comes into play after anaerobic exercise has transitioned to aerobic exercise, after 60 seconds or so of continuous stress on the muscles. It helps to buffer acid build up so that immediate muscle soreness is less noticeable. It's a great ingredient for cardio-minded workouts, including HIIT or timed circuit training.

Agmatine Sulfate - As arginine is a metabolite of citrulline, agmatine is a metabolite of arginine. You and I will want to use agmatine because of its effect on eliminating governors that limit nitric oxide levels and increased vascularity, but it's also used to alleviate neuropathic pain and treat drug addiction and depression. In fact, it's most promising study shows a drastic decrease in depression with patients dosing 2-3g. One little thing to note for the greenies... apparently agmatine is a good thing to take if you're going to smoke some weed. According to examine.com it enhances signaling to your CB1 cannabinoid receptor. Sweeeet duuuuuude...

Taurine - Taurine is important stuff. With all the pump products in a product like Total War, you could easily get too pumped! Taurine helps prevent that. It's great for staving off cramps, can increase blood flow significantly, and can slightly increase your overall exercise capacity.

Caffeine Anhydrous - Yummy caffeine. Total War hits you with 250g. That's my personal sweet spot where I'm wide awake and ready to go, but don't feel like a cracked out squirrel. Caffeine Anhydrous is probably the most common stimulant out there, and it basically improves your ability to do anything-- to run, lift, think, stay awake, reason, work... You get it. Personally, I think I'd just shrivel up into a raisin without it. But be careful, too much caffeine can leave you jittery, increase your heart rate and blood pressure, and increase your cortisol levels and anxiety.

N-Phenethyl Dimethylamine Citrate - What now? Maybe you've heard of Eria Jarensis? Well this is basically it's active compound. Its molecular structure is similar to DMAA, making it a potent, but not overwhelming stimulant

2 Aminoisoheptaine - AKA DMHA, AKA Octodrine, this is another twin (sorta) of DMAA and stimulant. There isn't a ton of research out there yet, as it's still relatively new to the supplement world. What we do know is that is wakes you the F*** up and gets you moving! Sides are similar to caffeine and you shouldn't exceed 300mg.

Di-Caffeine Malate - Here we have caffeine fused with malic acid, typically in a 3:1 ratio. Ever take a PWO loaded with caffeine only to find yourself jacked up in a bathroom stall? This is Total War's method to prevent that. The malic acid works to prevent digestive issues in the stomach. Through personal experience it also seems to last longer and have less of a crashing effect than caffeine.

Theobroma Cocao extract - AKA Theobromine (I think?). This is a common, but minor stimulant. It won't cause quite the crash that you may get with caffeine or DMHA, and I think that the intent here is to lessen the crash of Total War overall.

Higenamine - This is a anti-asthmatic and fat burner that's banned by most competitive sports organizations. It's a natural compound, and there aren't a ton of studies on it from what I can find. It stimulates receptors that spark lypolisis and triggers the body to burn fat.

Bioperine - This is black pepper extract, and it's mainly used in supplements to increase absorption and make the ingredients more biologically available to use.

As a cumulative group, every one of Total War's ingredients are effectively dosed. If you cross reference with a site like Examine.com you'll find that most ingredient doses fall right in the middle of their effective range. That's great to see.

Mixability: No problems at all, and no noticeable settling. I always mixed this with a shaker.

Dosing: 1 scoop 20-30 minutes before working out. Never exceed 1 scoop.

Taste: Meh... I wasn't crazy about the flavor. I requested and received sour gummy bear because I can't stand overly sweet PWOs. But, that's exactly what this was. I found that it was actually sweeter than Vaxxen Lab's Fulcrum Bombsicle flavor. That was pretty surprising. However, in general it wasn't really bad. Just too sweet for my taste. I never had a problem drinking it though.

A few days ago I saw someone on here write about how some PWOs take time to really kick in. That was kind of my experience with Total War. While I did feel an immediate boost and got a decent workout, after a week or so of taking it daily it continued to get better. I'll break it down by category in terms of effectiveness:

Energy: 6-8/10 - If 5 is having no trouble getting out the door, but not really being jacked up at all, the first few days were a 6. I just had a little extra energy. By day 7 I was at a solid 8. Wide eyed and ready to hit the weights. The energy levels were smooth, never spiking, and with no real crash afterwards. It's a level of stimulant that newbies would likely be pretty shocked by, but old PWO vets would find just above average. I thought it was perfect for me after a week or so.

Pumps: 7/10 - It wasn't the craziest pump experience I've had, but it was respectable. Surface veins were out immediately and close to maximum dilation, but none of the tougher veins to pop were showing like in my chest, shoulders, lower abs, or legs. It was enough to have great recovery time and decreased muscle soreness, but never groundbreaking.

Focus: N/A - I can never really rate this one because I take adderall daily, so the review wouldn't be fair. I never really notice much effectiveness in this section because everything has a fall off if I don't take it in conjunction with the adderall and when I do I just feel normal.

Crash: 9/10 - Never experienced much of a crash at all while taking this

Strength: 8/10 - It's tough to achieve a 10/10 without creatine and Alpha GPC, but generally speaking I felt strong while taking it. There were a lot of other things at play in my stack, but I felt comfortable hitting that extra rep or two with each lift.

The best price I found for this was at Amazon for $31.67. Not bad, still over $1/serving, but not by much at all. For the effectiveness and the full 30 servings, I think it's fair. Keep in mind that you'll also want to cycle off high stim PWOs like this, so it's not like it will cost you that much every month. Also, Redcon is great about discounts. Keep an eye out for this stuff on fitnessdealnews.com or priceplow.com. Sometimes their reps will even text you to offer deals.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall I'm thrilled I had a chance to try this stuff, and I've already started recommending it to friends and coworkers who ask me for suggestions. I'd say it lands squarely among my top-3 PWOs along with Nutrex Outlift and Vaxxen Labs Fulcrum. If you're in the market for a well-rounded, high stim choice that won't leave you jamming in the bathroom stall with GI issues, this is a good choice!
  • Sour Gummy Bear: 5/10

Other Prices:
Muscle and Strength   $39.99

Overall
Overall
8.9
  August 5, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pump
  • Clinical Dosing For Ingredients
  • Great Value
  • Can Become Tolerant

Hello everyone.

I am excited to share this Pre-Workout review. I took this product while on a restrictive caloric intake. I managed to workout 3-4 days a week while on this product. I was previously taken a non-stimulant pre-workout so upon taking this product my tolerance was very low and allowed me to experience its effects fully.

NO PROPRIETARY BLENDS. FULL DISCLOSURE.

This PWO has been reviewed extensively, so I will highlight the ingredients that stand out to me the most.

Cirtrulline Malate: (6 grams) - effectively dosed to aid endurance and help prolong workouts.
Beta Alanine: (3.2g) - Well above the researched threshold for effectiveness.. this product helps reduce lactic acid build to help with endurance during activity.
Caffeine Anhydrous: (250mg) - Caffeine is one of the most well researched products in the industry well noted to increase concentration, alertness, and endurance.
Bioperine: (10mg): An effective dosage for this item utilized to help increase absorption rate of other ingredients. I am very fond of this product..and the fact that it is dosed 10 over the standard 5 makes it that much more enticing.

This is not a complete list of ingredients, however I am highlighting these ingredients because of it particular inclusion, effective dosages, and anecdotal effectiveness.

Taste: I had the SOUR GUMMY WORM flavor. This stuff has got to be one of the most delightful drinks I have ever had the pleasure of trying. This PRE taste like a hybrid of a delicious fruit drink & candy. And i assure you with confidence that it does not have an overly sweet taste. Absolutely delicious. 10/10

Mixablity. No issues mixing, shaker cup can handle it all.

Dosing: 1 scoop, 30-45 minutes prior to Workout.

Taking Total War for the first time is an insane experience. If you have taken a pre-workout before and have found yourself tingling with readiness, sweating with intensity, sharp focus, and have said to yourself "holy poo, I feel crazy." TW will do just that. If you do not have a huge tolerance for caffeine you will be slightly overwhelmed by the intensity of this pre-workout. I highly advise being extremely hydrated during your cycle. You will sweat like a pig and the immense focus will make you believe you can do anything. With each session, I found myself being able to sustain for longer periods of time, a consequence i thoroughly enjoyed. I will recommend this product for anyone who needs that big kick in the rear to WAKE UP,GET UP, & LIFT HEAVY WEIGHTS.

TW delivers when you need it most. The energy is blatantly apparent & the concentration is other-worldy. In regards to its PUMP department...it is definitely their and sufficent. Whether you're going for high volume, strength, or isometric contractions...this pre-workout absolutely contributed to the mind-muscle contractions experienced. I was very pleased with this products ability to get the blood moving from my muscles. I must say that this is not a 100% occurrence, but is experienced about 66% every time you take it.

Also, its important to note that this Pre-workout can quickly skyrocket your tolerance as I experience diminishing effects after 2 weeks, so I recommend taking this product 3-4x a week.

I am very happy and proud about this product's performance and sheer ability to do what it claims to do. The energy, focus, and power is right here with Total War.

This product can be purchased for an affordable $32 on AMAZON. considering the plethora of benefits, the execution in its claims, and its irrefutable effectiveness...The value for this product is unmatched.

Side Effects

No observed side effects.

Conclusion

TotalWAR was an absolute treat. It was delicious and it allowed me to experience PWO in a way I havent felt in many months. If you're someone who is constantly cycling through PWO's trying to find the BEST one. I will highly recommend TotalWar for its affordability, effectiveness, and unmatched quality.
  • Sour Gummy Bear: 10/10

July 14, 2017

• Clinical Dosing For Ingredients

I am a 26 year old firefighter from Ohio. My fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my profession and to increase muscle mass and strength. Huge shout out to REDCON1 for sending me their preworkout to review!

First off great ingredient selection and I love the fact that there are no proprietary blends on this product! Coming in first is Citulline Malate at the effective dose of 6 grams which provides you with a solid pump. Next up is beta-alanine at the effective 3.2 grams which provides the awesome tingles and performance boost. Following that we have 1 gram of agmatine sulfate for pump. Then we have 1 gram of taurine followed by 250mg of caffeine. I like that it's not overly caffeinated, personally it's in my preferred range. Next is n-phenethyl dimethylamine citrate at 125mg which is a stimulant that is becoming more popular lately. Then they have 2 aminoisoheptane at 100mg, which is fancy talk for DMHA which is a stimulant that seems to be replacing DMAA due to its ongoing issues. Next up is theobroma cacao extract at 50mg which is to help increase blood flow. Following that is 25mg of higenamine HCL which is a stimulant popular for use in fat loss. Next up is bioperine at 10mg which helps nutrient absorption through increasing blood flow. And last up is rauwolscine at 2mg which is also a stimulant commonly seen in fat burners. All together I find this supplement label to be very effective. I like the ingredients they use and the doses they provide.

I requested and received Root Beer which is a newer flavor from REDCON1. I was very pleased with the flavor! It tasted great! The best way I can describe it is a root beer soda that went flat. The supplement obviously isn't carbonated so I feel they created the flavor the best they could. It has a very homemade root beer flavor not like the common pop brands. Once again very pleased by the flavor. It mixed just fine everytime. It does initially bubble up a lot when shaken but it goes down very fast and isn't an issue. The scoop is about average size for preworkouts and I feel that the dosing is just right. I always mixed with 12 ounces of water in a shaker bottle and never had any issues.

This is definitely on of the better preworkouts I've had lately. I felt it working each time I took it and the only thing I felt my body got used to was the beta alanine tingles if I used it multiple days in a row. That obviously isn't an issue because it didn't affect its effectiveness or my performance. It gave my good energy heading into the gym and I didn't feel over energized or jittery. The energy stayed consistent throughout my lift and I didn't have any energy crashes afterwards. I did get an ok pump from this product but it's nothing compared to when you take pure pump products. It brought me good focus and kept me going. Overall I say this product is definitely effective.

The cheapest I found this product was for 33.99 at elitenutrition.com. This breaks it down to about $1.13 per serving. I'd say that's about average for most pre workouts out there right now. Although you can definitely find some cheaper or more expensive. I didn't see any sales or specials on this product but I'm sure some will eventually come around. I would go ahead and say for this price and because of the effectiveness that this is a good value, not the best out there but good.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects during my usage of this supplement.

Conclusion

Well to conclude this review I'll say I was very pleased! It was effective and super tasty! It saved me from craving the occasional can of pop. It provided good results and helped my output in the gym. I can definitely see myself using this product again in the future. It's not overly stimulated so it's good for the average pre workout user. Once again thank you very much REDCON1 and I look forwarded to reviewing more of your products in the future!
    • Root Beer: 9/10

July 12, 2017

• Too Sweet
    • Chemical Taste

First off I want to thank Redcon1 for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. I had been looking into this product and supplement line for awhile now and have really been thinking about wanting to give their products a try. After seeing some of the reviews posted for this product and seen they were rating this fairly high I figured next time it shows up on trooper program I would for sure have to give it a try. This was for sure a product I was happy I got to try.

First off I want to thank REDcon1 for not using any prop blends in this and fully disclosing everything they put in this. This has a lot of really solid ingredients in this and all the ingredients are at clinical dosages for efficacy which I really like a lot. You will get no artificial colors in this product which is good because I am not a fan of dyes at all and plus you don't need them. It's nice that this is a complete pre-workout with a lot of ingredients to help you with endurance, pump, energy and focus elements. It's nice that this is not just a concentrated stimulant based pre-workout but a lot more than that.

Root Beer was one of their newer flavors they just came out with and I thought what the heck I will give it a try. I think this is a limited edition flavor for them because I don't see it listed on their website. Where I heard about this flavor was on stack3d.com website. This is the first time I have ever tried a root beer flavored pre-workout. I always like to try different flavors when companies release them because I get tired of the normal flavors all the time but you do have to be a little careful when doing that because they may sound good but don't always taste as good as they sound when it comes to a pre-workout. When I opened this the powder it had a really strong root beer smell to it which will burn your nose right away if you get your nose to close to it right away. I was like if this tastes as good as it smells this will be pretty good. When you first drink this you notice right away an awful chemical taste that kind of reminded me of a licorice taste to it. After you get past that part then you notice the root beer taste which was not to bad. Then after that you get a kind of weird aftertaste. This was kind of weird because the taste of it seemed to hit you in three different stages. If they could get rid of the really bad chemical taste you notice right away that would really help a lot. The root beer part did not taste to bad but was too sweet for my liking. It had a weird kind of flavor in general to it I thought and was not really sure what they were doing when they made this flavor. I pretty much had to just slam this each time I took this. It was ok to try once but would not get it again.

Mixing was pretty simple. No real issues with it mixing at all. There was some foaming but nothing that was real bad. I do like that they don't put any dyes in this. When mixed this has a real cloudy look to it. Dosing was very simple just one scoop before my workout. Towards the end of the container I started to use a heaping scoop which I found to be a little better when I did that.

I won't say this is one of the best pre-workout for me but it is a pretty decent one and was rather effective for me. One of the biggest things people look for in a pre-workout is what kind of energy will this give you. This has 250mg of caffeine per scoop. That is still a decent amount but for me that is a little on the low side. Reading on Redcon1 website they use 2 aminoisoheptaine, theobromine and alpha-yohimbe so the effects of the lower caffeine levels are magnified. I like to have between 300mg to 350mg. I thought the energy this gave me was decent. Nothing that is going to make you feel all cracked out and jittery. This was more of a clean like energy it gave me which was nice. The energy part I felt lasted me through out most of my workouts which was nice. I would have liked maybe just a little more but I was ok with what they had in here just because I consume a lot of caffeine all ready. The endurance this gave me was pretty good. I felt I could go a lot longer and still felt pretty good after some of my more longer and grueling workouts. With the use of Beta Alanine and Taurine together I feel is what really helped improve my endurance a lot more. I think the endurance part is what shined the most from this product.

Strength on this was ok nothing that was real crazy like. I think it helped me maintain my strength levels more so than anything. This does not have any creatine in it so don't expect to see a real lot for strength gains from this. I would like to see some creatine in this to help more with strength gains but them again I do understand why some people don't want it in their pre-workout. A lot of the time I will just supplement creatine in with my pre-workout if there is none in there and that is what I did. This is more geared towards helping you with your endurance more so than strength.

I thought the focus part of this was decent. Nothing that really wowed me but I could notice it did help me some. They use N-phenethyl dimethylamine citrate which is a class of PEAs that helps with mental focus during training and helps you feel good long after your workout is over. I really like that good tunnel vision I can get so I can really zone into my workouts a lot better and be able to get rid of a lot of other distractions I may have. I feel this did help keep my mind more on track so I could better focus on my workouts but after awhile I could feel that part slowly go away but it was still there. I will say that after my workouts I did feel a bit better mentally.

The pumps from this were fairly decent. It does have a good amount of Citrulline Malate at 6g and 1g of Agmatine to help with pumps. Even with this having the high amounts I still at times have a hard time feeling pumps. For me to really notice pumps I have to be doing higher reps and taking a lot less time between sets. I was able to notice them at times but they would only last a short time and then they would go away but would always come back a little bit. It was nothing that once I felt them they would just stay there where I could keep feeling them through out my whole workout. I wish I could have added their pump product Big Noise to this because then I think the pumps would have been really good and a lot more enjoyable for me. I did notice a bit more vascularity from this. My forearms is where I noticed it the most. I was noticing on days when I worked biceps that my veins really popped a lot more in my forearms. My forearms I noticed started to look kind of like those road map like veins.

Most sites that carry this they all want $39.99 for 30 servings. I just found this on amazon and they are selling this for $31.37 which is a pretty good deal for this. The $40 dollar price tag is a little high for me. If they could drop it to no more than $35 I would not have as much of an issue but $40 is a little steep for me.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed

Conclusion

This for me turned out to be a fairly decent pre-workout and would be more than happy to use it again. I found this to be one of the better well rounded pre-workouts and not just loaded with a lot of stims and that's it. I would like to see this upped a little on caffeine and add some creatine in it for strength. Even without that it's still a pretty decent product and will help you a lot in the gym. You can't really go wrong with this product at all since everything they put in here is really good stuff and dosed at good clinical dosages. I would say that this is more than worth giving a try. Regardless of the type of lifter you are I am pretty sure you will benefit from this in some way. Again I want to give a big shout out to Redcon1 for making this product and letting me have the chance to try it.
    • Root Beer: 5/10

July 12, 2017

• Some Weight Loss
    • -the John Rambo Effect
    • Odd Smell

What's up SR family, hope all are doing well! I would like to thank Redcon1 and the Trooper program for allowing me to try Total War. At my young age of 48 this year, sometimes I need a kick in the butt to get me going, and, I am a stim junkie by nature. When I saw Total War come up for the Troopers, I decided to give it a run, after reading all the good reviews so far done my other members. In addition, I have used other Recon1 products in the pass, which have performed at their highest level.

Thank you Redcon1 for being fully transparent in the ingredient profile, all goodies in Total War are fully disclose. Now, due to all the other great reviews done here by our SR family members, I will not get too detail on the ingredients, I rather elaborate more on the effect of total. However, I do want to touch on some of the goodies Total War has to offer:

There is 6 grams of Citrulline Malate; I do have to say, I normal start my workout in the restroom whenever I have taken 5+ grams of Citrulline; however, I did not experience that here. As we know, helps increase NO production in the body so we can look at ourselves in the mirror for a longer period.

You get 250 mg of caffeine, which is a good punch in the gut to get you going. In addition, you get 100 mg of 2-Aminoisoheptaine, which we all know is DMAA's ugly little cousin. For some, this can help with appetite suppressant, along with giving you similar energy like Yombine, without causing your heart to go nuts.

There is 50 mg of Theobroma Cocao Extract, which can be found in Dark Chocolate that helps increase blood flow and helps with insulin sensitivity. I like the inclusion of this, since most of sip on an intra-workout supplement that is carb based.

Taste - Total War is not the best tasting pre-workout on the market; however, for me, it can taste like S__t as long as it works. For those of you who need a good tasting product, I recommend you mix it with some kind of fruit juice; there is a slight bitter after taste. Now, I do have to say, Total War smells like total war, it has a cow compose smell that I have never smelled in a pre-workout before.

Mix - Total War mixed well, no foaming, or any settlement at the bottom of my shaker cup. I normally mix my pre-workout with a little bit of grape juice so I can get a little insulin spike before hitting the gym.

Dosing - Due to the past couple of months, my work schedule has been crazy and on top of that, my wife had surgery so I had to adjust my routine. While taking Total War, I used it as a middle of the day pre-workout. I wanted to give it an honest run, because I was almost finished with another product I was testing at the time for morning workouts. I took one serving 20 mins before I hit the gym.

If I can use one word to describe how Total War worked for me, it would be"BOOM". I really enjoyed the effects of running Total War, the energy was very clean, no jitters. One of the aspects of Total War that worked well for me, it did not hit me right away. In the past, some of the high stim products I have taken hit me hard within the first 10 minutes and then taper off after about 45 mins; that does not work for me, as I normally put in about 2 hours at the gym. With Total War, it was a gradual energy increase and the max power hit me 15 minutes into my routine. The Beta Alanine tinges were not super intense; however, I can tell they were there as I was hitting the weights.

As for the pump of Total War, for me, they were on point. In addition, the focus I experienced was great; I am an ADHD gym rat when it comes at looking at a great sexy fitness babe's body. However, with Total War, I stayed focused on my workout and only looked no less than 3 times at honeys.

Total war gave me 2 unexpected benefits, the endurance while on Total War was great, after killing it for over an hour of weights, I would finish off with cardio; I was able to last another 45 mins without missing a beat. Another benefit was the fact that I lost 2 lbs. while on Total War; this was a nice surprise for my belt, and me since I can now put it in the third hole.

Total War can be found from $32.99 to $39.99; there are a couple of sties who offer 10% to 15% off on Redcon1 supplements. There are 30 servings per tub and even if you pay $39.99, it is well worth it; considering all that you get with Total War.

Side Effects

None side with Total War, no crashing, and I enjoyed how my body came off slowly from all the stims.

Conclusion

Redcon1 has a great product with Total War; it is the total package for a pre-workout to help give you that edge at the gym. To me, this is a multiple use product as it helped me lose weight; stay focused, increased my endurance, and helps me hit some of my best 1MR when doing compound movements. I am not only sold on Total War, but Redcon1 has become one of my go to companies where I get my supplementation. I will be ordering another tub of Total War and will be one of my top 3 pre-workouts in my arsenal of goodies. Thank you again Redcon1 for the opportunity!

Overall
    Overall
    9.2
    9.5
      July 8, 2017

• Good Price
    • Chemical Taste

Huge thank you to Redcon1 for allowing the SR troopers to try not only this supplement but all of the others they offer on the site. Thank you to SR.com also for the opportunity. There is a funny story to me claiming this supplement. I was on the phone with my best friend and we were discussing preworkout supplements and I told him about this supplement from Redcon1 called Total War that was getting awesome reviews and how I could not wait to try it. About 30 seconds after telling him this I got an e-mail that popped up saying it was available to claim. Timing was perfect.

Huge thumbs up for the label being fully disclosed and not containing any prop blends. I will go through the ingredients one by one. I will try to keep it short and to the point.
    Citrulline Malate-6g which is dosed effectively. This increases NO levels which lead to good pumps.
    Beta-Alanine-3.2g which also dosed effectively. This helps with endurance and reduces muscle fatigue. Also causes that itchy, tingly feeling some of us like and some dislike.
    Agmatine Sulfate- 1g which is dosed effectively. This also helps to boost NO levels and give a solid pump feeling.
    Taurine-1g which also is an effective dose. This will help with endurance, provide some energy and help in the pump department. Also is helpful in the recovery stage.
    Caffeine Anhydrous-250mg which is in the range of where I like my caffeine to be. I like anywhere from 250-275mg. Anything above this and I don't feel I get as good of a pump. This might just be a placebo effect but I still like it in this range. Obviously the caffeine is in here to provide energy.
    N-Phenethyl Dimethylamine Citrate-125mg which is also dosed effectively. This is believed to give you an upbeat feeling by increasing dopamine levels and and giving you an energy boost. It is a constituent of Eria Jarensis which is beginning to be found in more and more supplements.
    2-Aminoisoheptaine-100mg which is the recommended dosage to be effective. This helps provide energy, focus and also believed to be an appetite suppressant. This was a fairly new ingredient for me.
    Theobroma Cocao Extract-50mg which I could not find much on an effective dosage. This is believed to act as a stimulant and increase blood flow. This is another ingredient that is fairly new to me.
    Higenamine HCL-25 mg. This may be a tad under dosed but not really sure. 30mg is what seems to be the recommended effective level but 25mg may do the trick also. This is a fat burner.
    Bioperine-10mg which is considered the standard effective dose. This is a black pepper extract that helps with the absorption of nutrients by slowing intestinal transport.
    Rauwolscine-2mg which is effectively dosed. This is also a fat burner.

I believe these ingredients are effectively dosed and I think it shows based on the positive impact it had on my workouts. The amount of properly dosed ingredients in this PWO dedicated to pumps is awesome.

I had the Sour Gummy Bear flavor. This is the only downside to this product. The taste was bad. It had a strong, strong chemical taste. I consider myself a subject matter expert on gummy bears since they are my one weakness....lol. This tasted nothing like sour gummy bears. Not going to knock this to hard for how it tasted based on how good this product worked for me. I had no issues with mixing. 12 ounces of water went into a shaker cup and it mixed well. I would add one scoop of this powder to the 12 ounces of water and take it approximately 15 minutes prior to working out. The label states 30 minutes prior to working out but I found 15 minutes to be perfect for me.

Here is what the product claims and here are my results.

Extreme Energy-I did feel a very clean energy. I do not know if would be considered extreme but then again I am not sure I want extreme energy. I want the nice, steady energy this provided. I did not experience any crashes and did not feel like my heart was going to jump out of my chest at any point. The ingredients and balance of the ingredients worked.
    Focus-The focus was definitely there. This provided the type of focus that I like which is that you can only think about your workout while you are working out. All the outside BS that comes with life is forgotten about during your time in the gym.
    Strength- The amount of weight in my lifts were progressing since the time I started this but cannot contribute all of that to this product alone. I believe this helped provide endurance that allowed me to add another 1-2 reps at times which I would have to say at the end of the day helped increase my strength.
    Endurance-As I mentioned above I was able to squeeze out 1-2 more reps on some exercises. These exercises were triceps cable push downs, forearm exercises and Scott Presses on shoulder days.
    Intensity-I will put this in the focus, energy and endurance group. To me intensity is being able to step up your game mentally which transfers over to physical output. Since this provided me with good focus, clean energy and better endurance, I feel my intensity level was right where I wanted it. Knowing what I wanted to do, mentally preparing for each lift and attacking and completing it when I got into the gym was my goal and I was able to do that.
    Pump and Vascularity I will combine into one. Vascularity was definitely there. With all the blood pumping ingredients in this how could the veins not be popping. Bicep, forearm and upper chest going into the shoulder were most noticeable. Now onto where this product really shines, the pump. I thought my forearms, biceps and triceps were going to explode at one point. I know that sounds crazy to someone who has not experienced a good pump but what a hell of a feeling. I love to feel a pump on all workouts and exercises but on arm days it is awesome! When I started out with this, the first two days I was still doing a 5x5 training method. I was getting a bit of a pump on the fifth rep on most exercises since I was pushing and pulling heavier weights at lower reps. After the second day I felt I was wasting all of the awesome pump ingredients in this so I lowered the weight and switched to a 5x12 routine with all of the same exercises except Bench Press, Deadlift and Squats. These three exercises stayed at 5x5. I continued on with a 5x12 program for the rest of this container with more frequent off days built in. On the eighth rep for most exercises I would start to feel the pump really get intense. The final four reps were awesome and had insane pumps. I had pumps on arm, back,chest, leg and shoulder days. I never experienced a stimulant preworkout that had pumps this good. On leg days the standing barbell calf raises are where I noticed the pumps the most. Of course, the tingles and itching from the beta-alanine are in full effect.

You can find this on elitenutrition.com for $33.99 for 30 servings which comes out to $1.13 per serving which I feel is a good price for a product with this type of effectiveness. Every other site I checked has this at $39.99 for 30 servings which comes out to $1.33 per serving which I would still pay for this product.

Side Effects

Conclusion

All I have to say is go treat yourself and try this product. My body responded to it very well. With all of the effectively dosed ingredients this contains I believe this will impact your workouts in a positive way. Great pumps, clean energy and a positive mood that helps drive intensity during your workouts. Redcon1 has a winner with this supplement. I would like to see them improve the taste of the sour gummy bear flavor. When I order this in the future I will try a different flavor.
    • Sour Gummy Bear: 2/10

9.1
      July 8, 2017

-----
    Update 07/22/2017:
    So a little update, I bought another tub from Amazon in the fruit punch flavor and it is leaps and bounds better than the Blue Raspberry. Flavor wise, yes it has the classic fruit punch profile, but me and my weird sense of smell would classify it as smelling like Orange Sprite and somewhat taste like it as well. Do yourself a favor and start off with that flavor and go from there.
    -----

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)

I am active duty military and have been in the supplement game since the early 90's back when Ultimate Orange ruled the lands. I have transitioned over the past two years from standard bodybuilding back to Oly lifting and some forms of the dreaded cross-fit type workouts. Plus since I am still active duty military my cardio game must be on point. I found this site based on most google searches for products, and I felt the need to start reviewing my experiences on different supplements so people can learn the truth on what really works, instead of wasting their hard earned money by trying to figure it out themselves.

So first things first, this Pre comes out of the gate with 6g of Citrulline Malate and immeadiately follows up wth 3.2g's of Beta-Alanine. Another blockbuster is 1g of Agmatine Sulfate, and for energy it packs the following: Caffeine Anhydrous: 250mg N-phenethyl Dimethylamine Citrate: 125mg 2 Aminoisoheptaine: 100mg Theobroma cacao extract: 50mg Higenamine HCl: 25mg Bioperine Black Pepper Fruit Extract: 10mg Rauwolscine (Rauvolfia Canescens L. [leaf and root]): 2mg. My only gripe about the ingredients list, is I would like to see them switch caffeine with TeaCrine, and Beta with Peak02, so that way there is a reduced chance for a tolerance development and the Peak02 can help deliver greater endurance and stamina.

So, here is probably the biggest downfall, the taste. I bought the blue raspberry, and while it is drinkable it is not the greatest tasting thing out there. Mixability is great, just toss a scoop in 8oz of water, shake it, let it sit for about 10 min, shake again and chug and you are ready to go. I find that if I let Pre's sit in water for about 10 minutes, then it primes the ingredients (might just be me being mental). The dosing is 1 scoop and 1 scoop is all I use to get the job done. It does not provide you with crazy eat human faces energy, but a good steady flow of get things done, with insane focus.

I would have to say this has been one of the most effective supplements I have used to date. I am very particular about what I take because it needs to deliver in the realm of strength training, but I also need to be able to do cardio while taking this as well. Since taking Total War, all my lifts have gone up to the point of smashing many PR's, and my cardio endurance has sky rocketed. So yes, you could say that I am bigger, stronger, and faster while on Total War. The pumps are great, my muscles feel full due to the CM and Agmatine, and the endurance is there as well. The other amazing thing to this is the intense focus that you get. I often believe if you can get your mind right you can do anything, and Total War helps deliver that focus. You literally zero in on what you are doing, and then do it. For me, that is 10 times more important than insane energy. Keep in mind, the entire time I have used this product I have been running an intermittent fasting diet and took this on an empty stomach so the effects might be greater due to that.

I would say value wise this is pretty fair. You can pick it up from Amazon for under $35 depending on the flavor, or you can get it from their site with different discounts available. Considering that this is a true 1 scoop product it comes out to roughly $.86 a serving. My only knock is back in my day...the high end Pre's were $30 at most, but I understand the price increase.

Side Effects

If you consider being focused, strong and a good pump to be side effects, then yes you will have that reaction.

Conclusion

In conclusion, this is a solid Pre and I would recommend it. You will get laser like focus, a solid pump, and steady long lasting energy with this product. Again beware of the taste as it is not the greatest, but that can be overlooked with how it delivers. I plan on reviewing more Redcon1 products like their Amino product Breach Ballistic and their 1-DHEA product Somal 1.
    • Blue Raspberry: 6/10

July 4, 2017

• Sour Gummy Bear Is Meh

First off I want to apologize for being late on the review I just graduated and got a new job. Otherwise, thanks to SR for letting me review this supplement it was one of the top PWO I have taken. There is no limit to the the great things I can say about this product. I had clean energy throughout the ENTIRE workout with no crash at the end. REDCON1 did this product right in its ingredients and I would buy it again any day.

There are a decent amount of ingredients in this product so I am only going to go over the main five I think are most important.

Citrulline Malate (6g) - citrulline has been used to reduce muscle fatigue, aid in NO production, and increase muscle recovery. This is a step up from L-arginine which has been used in a lot of supplements for NO production. Right now studies show that citrulline raises arginine levels in your body more effectively than L-arginine supplementation itself. Additionally, citrulline has been shown to increase the rate of muscle ATP (the major energy source in the cells).

Beta-alanine (3.2g) - like many people know this is included in a lot of PWO supplements. I think that it is very difficult to find the right dosage for everyone as is why I recommend doing your research. This amount was perfect for me, especially in conjunction with the other ingredients. Beta-alanine has been shown to increase the ability to crank out a little more reps than you think you can. In other words, it improves your muscle endurance, and I think does a great job in doing so.

Agmatine Sulfate (1g) - Agmatine is derived from L-arginine and is stored in neurons and is released during neuronal activation. While this is awesome for your cognitive health, doesn't really do anything for us in the freakin' gym! Now what it does for us. It is known to inhibit NO synthase enzymes, which allows it to regulate the levels of NO in your body. This works beautifully with the the other supplements in the product which increase the NO production during your workouts.

Taurine (1g) - Improves mental performance by improving focus and attention. It also has effects in improving physical performance. Over time it may have an effect on increasing VO2max (the maximum capacity of a person's body to transport and use oxygen).

Caffeine (250mg)

Good taste but not great. I would have preferred a different flavor than Sour Gummy Bear, but its quite alright. I think that overall it was very drinkable but again not my first choice. It mixed very well in my blender bottle or even in a glass of about 10-12oz of water. I normally drank it about 20-30 mins before the workout, since it seemed to take that long to really get into the system. 1 scoop is equal to 13.28g with about 30 servings per container. I only took 1 scoop since for me this was a pretty strong PWO.

A+ - I thought this was top 3 PWO I have taken in my 10 year lifting career. I found that it really made want to lift even after the long days. I usually went to the gym in the mornings and took after a very light breakfast. For me this allowed it to get into my system faster and really feel the effects of the PWO. I was able to get through all my workouts effectively and was able to lift hard as hell every single workout. In addition, with BCAAs in the mix after every workout I definitely noticed an improved recovery from workout to workout. Not only that, but nothing is better than getting through your entire workout and feeling like doing those hard finishers to make you exhausted. Now doing "extra" can be a bad thing if you have a set workout you do, but for me, my extra was either a finisher set or additional cardio. This was especially important for me because I am entering a fat loss stage. You know that "summer bod" everyone wants.

Couple sites have this product: elitenutrition.com has it for $33.99, Walmart.com for 34.95$, amazon.com has it for 34.77, and www.redcon1.com has it for $39.99. If you have prime then I think amazon.com is the best option. Pretty standard pricing for a good product such as this.

Side Effects

None that I found

Conclusion

If your looking for a decently priced and great product I would go with Total War. Its' ingredient profile is nicely dosed allowing a great deal of energy during and after the workout with no crash afterwards. Now if your doing it right you will crash from having too hard of a workout which is what everyone loves, I hope! With the ability to help you lift longer and harder while aiding in the recovery process from workout to workout I can't imagine that you would not want to at least try this PWO. I give this product an A+ overall and I would recommend this product to anyone who is trying to enhance their workouts. Always do your research before trying a new product and find out what works for you. Once again thanks to SR and the community for being positive and truthful in all reviews.

Live Happy, Live Health
    G.D
    • Sour Gummy Bear: 6/10

June 30, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Proprietary Blends
    • Sour Gummy Bear Is Meh
    • Watermelon Flavor Sucks

I'm at it again. This time it's Total War Recon 1's Pre Workout formula. Thanks to Redcon 1 for allowing the TROOPs to review this product. Recon 1 is a fairly new company, but so far, it seems as though they've been swinging for the fences with their products. Let's see how this one goes.

(8/10)
    First of all, NO PROP BLENDS! Props for no props. Each ingredient on the label is fully disclosed.
    Cirtulline Malate (6 grams) You'd be hard pressed to find another product in this category with such a high dose. Citrulline supplementation can enhance performance by:
    Elevating nitric oxide (NO2) production which is a positive regulator of vasodilation and blood flow.
    Enhancing elimination of toxic nitrogen metabolites.
    Enhancing the utilization of essential amino acids during exercise.
    Improving recovery time after exercise by attenuating delayed-onset muscle soreness.
    Reducing/inhibiting the increase in plasma insulin levels that usually arises after high-intensity exercise.
    Increasing growth hormone levels to a higher degree in individuals after resistance training.

There's also 3.2 grams of Beta Alanine. Beta Alanine has been shown to enhance muscular endurance. Many people report being able to perform one or two additional reps in the gym when training in sets of 8-15 reps. Beta-alanine supplementation can also improve moderate- to high-intensity cardiovascular exercise performance, like rowing or sprinting, as well as offer protection from exercise-induced lactic acid production.

Rounding out the formula is 1 gram of Agmatine Sulfate and 1 gram of Taurine, and 250 mg of caffeine. It's been previously noted that Redcon 1 could have squeezed an additional 50 mg of caffeine to give the formula an extra kick, but 250 mg may be more than adequate for those who may be sensitive to stims. The doses of the ingredients make this a good alternative to similar formulas that contain creatine...good stuff!

----Taste (5/10)
    I received the watermelon flavor and a sample packet of the Sour Gummy Bear (?!) The watermelon flavor tasted like a 5 Hour Energy drink, and no amount of tweaking the water content could change that. The after taste hit me before the actual flavor did, and the flavor was very artificial.
    The sour gummy bear was an improvement, but nothing that made me look forward to taking it.

Mixability(9/10)
    The product mixed completely with a spoon after about 10 seconds. The only reason why I didn't rate it a 10 on mixability is that it would at times leave a 5 Hour Energy Drink flavored residue at the bottom of my glass.

Per the label, I took 1 scoop 15-30 minutes prior to my workout.

(8.5/10)
    If a product claims to contain Beta Alanine, but doesn't give you a tingly sensation from head to toe, then that product is under-dosed in the BA department. Total War had me tingling, focused, and ready to train balls to the wall. I was able to knock out two extra reps in just about every exercise. It took longer for muscle fatigue to set in, and my rest time between sets was considerably shorter. Also, I had pumps that I still felt long after I'd left the gym. I was always locked in, focused, and "In The Zone" during every session. I wouldn't say that this is a product for strength; it's definitely geared toward those looking to increase their endurance.

(7/10)
    The cheapest I could find Total War was on Amazon for about 34 bucks, which represents a somewhat decent value for a formula containing nicely-dosed, high quality material.

Side Effects

Aside from the BA tingles, no side effects were noted.

Conclusion

Total War is a great product with high quality ingredients. The only things missing are a little extra caffeine and maybe a creatine/glutamine combo. Total War is another solid product in Redcon 1's arsenal that I could easily add as a staple supplement.
    • Watermelon: 5/10