Overall Score:   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #14 of 235 (better than 94%) in

Total War is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Redcon1. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
COMPARE SIMILAR

willyb87
TROOPer Level: 61
  March 23, 2017

----Introduction----
Redcon1 has been littering my newsfeed on social media along with another new brand I will also be reviewing shortly, but I have been intrigued by them since looking into the products. Thanks to Redcon for sending out tons of products out to try to the TROOPers to try I was lucky enough to grab a couple and heres the 1st review...

----Ingredient Profile----
Solid fully disclosed profile on this stuff, you have your beta alanine and taurine to help fight off muscle fatigue dosed adequately at 3.2 and 1 gram. Next you have caffeine at 250mg a nice spot for me as far as caffeine goes and then they add in a few other ingredients under that for stim and focus purposes too, nothing new or groundbreaking, but synergistically they all seem to work together very well. Lastly you have citrulline malate(6grams) and agmatine (1gram) or your pump and vascularity, the 1st of those I think is a little underdosed but that leaves a little room to stack with their pump product Big Noise(review to come later).

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I requested and received blue lemonade and it seems when it comes to some ingredient in these preworkouts my taste buds are effected differently than everyone else on here. I kept reading how great this taste and while it wasn't horrible I didn't think it was great, to me it had a strange aftertaste that was quite strong especially if you didn't use much water. It mixed great though and had very little sediment left over. Dosing is self explanatory like all pre's.

----Effectiveness----
Its been awhile since I was completely and totally satisfied with a product on the energy and focus spectrum. There have been some good ones that did the trick well enough but Total War really made me lose track of time and just hit it hard everytime i walked into the gym. I found myself sweating buckets at the end of a 2 hour workout and still feeling like i could go back and do more. The focus was top notch i rarely removed my headphones and would just be zoned in to my next set staring in the mirror getting myself ready. What's even better is i rarely ever crashed, but i would not recommend this for ANY workout close to bedtime. The only let down for me was the claims of skin splitting pumps, and really its not that much of a let down. Bigger companies like this market their preworkouts between stim and nonstim/pump products for a reason $$ and i cant fault them for that. The pump was about the same as if i had just taken a pure stim product, there , but not pronounced or impressive.

----Value----
At around $40 for 30 servings seems to be the going rate for above average preworkouts these days maybe a little high,but fair. If you stack this with their pump product which i will be doing for my review on*Big Noise* it could get overly pricey but alone this is a solid buy.

----Side Effects----
insomnia if taken near bedtime

----Conclusion----
A bravo to Redcon1 for putting out a quality preworkout, i look forward to the next few products I'm about to get underway with and hope that i am as impressed with them as i was with this.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Great Endurance
  • Great Dosages
  • -the John Rambo Effect
  • Extreme Focus
  • Can Cause Insomnia If Taken Close To Bedtime
  • Blue Lemonade: 6/10
Vaughn
TROOPer Level: 46
  March 21, 2017

----Introduction----

Today it's my pleasure to review Redcon1's preworkout called Total War. Since I workout after my job, I am always looking for the extra energy to get me motivated to hit the weights after a long day. Preworkouts come in many forms from high stim, high pump, and everything all together. If you have read my previous reviews on preworkouts, you know I lean towards good long sustaining energy over a super high stim crash and purn, and that pumps are just an added bonus for me. This preworkout delivered everything I was expecting and more every single time. Let's get into the details.

----Ingredient Profile----

Attached the supplement facts, and as you can see it is 100% fully disclosed which is great. My first thoughts on the profile was that it was extremely solid, with proven ingredients and great dosages. A healthy dose of citrulline at 6 grams and a full gram of agmatine sulfate for a pump. For endurance we get the 3.2 grams of beta alanine and a gram of taurine. Then we get into the stims. Caffeine, DMHA, Theobroma, Higenamine, and rauwolscine. At the dosages listed for stims, it'll be sure to wake up even the most stim tolerant. I did however, not expect much from a pump on this as I don't really respond well to citrulline and although it has a gram of agmatine which I like I didn't think it would help that much. I was happily proved wrong however. Another bonus point for me was that the stims used in this are commonly used in fat burners (rauwolscine, higenamine, etc.) and since I am still trying to lean out and train fasted a lot of the time I thought this was a good way to help in that aspect as well. Overall, great ingredients, dosages, and transparent. A win.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

I received the blue lemonade flavor. Was not looking forward to this as I hate blue raspberry flavored products, but this was much more like lemonade and was quite good, but a little too sweet. They have other flavor options that look more on the tart/sour side I will try next time. Mixability was great as it mixed easily in water without residue or grittiness, and dosing is standard at 30 min before hitting the gym. Very little dyes, so more wins.

----Effectiveness----

The bread and butter. Let's break it down:

Energy: Amazing, long lasting, and no crash. I easily did my lifting routine after working for about 45 min-hour and was about to do 20-30 min of cardio with plenty of energy. I didn't go home and crash either, so it really did a great job of providing good long lasting energy for the gym. Focus was great too, as I just wanted to keep lifting and lifting. Excellent!

Thermo: This product didn't claim this upfront so I wasn't even expecting this, but it provided a nice thermo effect as well. Especially during the cardio I would feel my body temp rise some and sweated a lot more than usual, even more than when I took some fat burners that promised thermogenic properties. Awesome bonus for my cutting.

Pump: Once again, huge surprise here for me as I wasn't expecting much as I have taken up to 8 grams of citrulline without a pump, but this delivered EVERY time. Definitely a bonus and a pump helps deliver blood to your muscles and helps your performance (and confidence in the gym). I know diet/routine has a lot to do with pump as well, and maybe I was doing something different that I'm not realizing, but I was very impressed with the pumps this delivered.

Endurance: Big tim beta alanine tingles for the first week, however they did go away towards the end. Endurance did not suffer though as the endurance and recovery between sets was spot on.

As you can see, in every category this delivered in big ways in all the big categories for me. I was extremely impressed with this product.

----Value----

You pay for what you get right? $40 for 30 servings. Expensive, but wow this worked so I feel the value is high. On a side note, I see this on some retailers like Muscle and Strength a lot and they frequently run 20% specials, so if you see one of those the value is definitely there. Personally, this worked so well for me I'll easily pay a couple extra dollars to get this again.

None!
----Conclusion----

A win. One of the best preworkouts I've tried in a long time, I felt it really improved my workouts. I'll be purchasing this again and am very interested in other products by this company now as well.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pump
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Great Endurance
  • Too Sweet
bromine2122
TROOPer Level: 5
  March 17, 2017

Introduction + Supplement facts
Huge thank you to RedCon1 for their support of the SR Troops and the program. The first time I heard about was the article about the company on stack3d.com. When Redcon1 put total war up on SR I had to try it to see how good this stuff really is and it does not disappoint.
Total War is a full disclosed label so you can see everything you are getting. Now reading it on the other might be hard you will need pharmacy degree to figure out what the hell they are saying. First you get a nice dose of citrulline malate at 6g for those crazy insane pumps. Then comes the crazy endurance of beta-alanine of 3.2g. Next is another pump ingredient which is agmatine sulfate at 1g. Taurine at 1g for another pump agent. Then you have caffeine at 250mg. Then you get Eria Jarensis at 125mg but for some reason they use the chemical name which good luck trying to pronounce it. Then you have DMHA at 125mg. Theobroma cocao extract seed 50mg, and finally higenamine hcl. Apparently Aaron Singerman personally formulated total war.
Taste + Mixability + Dosing.
The flavor I received was sour gummy bear which was f**king amazing s**t I could drink a gallon of this stuff. I'm love anything that's really sour this was spot on for the flavor. Mixing was really easy didn't have any issue at all. Dosing was your standard mix 1 scoop 30mins before workout with 8-10oz of water. I usually did more because I really enjoyed the taste. Now if you took two scoops total war holy s**t watch out because the intense focus and energy is crazy. You will feel like John Rambo telling all the fake make-up ladies to get the f**k out of my way.
Effectiveness 9.0/10
Wow total war will make you feel like you are in a war with you, the weight and the annoying fake gym people that just show up to look good. This stuff is crazy good with focus, energy, and pumps. You get a nice amount of citrulline malate for those pumps that people always talk about. The eria jarensis extract in total war worked really well. The intense focus and energy was amazing I was in the focus zone myself, weights, sets, and my reps really good. I've had similar products with eria jarensis in it but the effeteness wasn't nearly the same as total war. The intense energy and focus from total war was straight crazy. Total war took my workouts to a new level of intensity. I was doing more sets, more weight, and more reps. I was going John Rambo on the weights with heaver sets then before along with a more intense focus. The pumps were really crazy too after doing a warm-up chest fly using a superset of two different variations my chest was full as f**k. And this was after the first warmup set which I don't count. When I got to my first working set I could barely flex my chest because of the pumps. Even the people at the gym I got to were noticing my John Rambo insanity. When people asked me what I was on my response was total war now get the f**k out of the way. Total war really surprised me with how effective this stuff really is. It's not super crazy with the caffeine but man does this stuff pack the focus, pumps, and energy. Total war did a killer job with even the days were I was short on time and I had to get it done total war delivered.

Value 8.8/10
At Fastsupps.com you can get a 30 serving tub of total war for 31.75 which is a 1.05 per serving. Pretty good deal.
The John Rambo effect

----Conclusion----
Total war is a pre workout that will deliver a punch each and every time it was solid from start to finish. One of the best products that I've had in a while. It's a product that I will be buying again.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pump
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Great Endurance
  • Great Value
  • Clinical Dosing For Ingredients
  • -the John Rambo Effect
    • Sour Gummy Bear: 10/10
    Wade419
    TROOPer Level: 29
      March 17, 2017

----Introduction----
    Damn! Where has this pre-workout been all my life? It's a solid well-rounded supplement with all the bells and whistles of a much higher priced product at an affordable price! The moment I saw the chance to give Total War a try I had to leap on board to see if it really packs the punch that it seems to. Kudos to RedCon1 for giving me the opportunity to test it out and making what seems to be a kick-ass supplement.

----Ingredient Profile----
    Citrulline Malate (6g): Precursor compound to the production of the precious nitric oxide that provides us with that amazing skin ripping pump sensation and visual display we have all grown to love and Total War gives you a very generous clinical dose at that! I must add that it is extremely rare to see a pre-workout include a clinical dose of CM and still be priced below $35. I don't know how RedCon1 managed to do it but they did... huge props.
    Beta Alanine (3.2g): Another clinical dosing of yet another highly researched ingredient that has proven effective on multiple levels. It works by delaying lactic acid build-up and helps you pump out those last few repetitions, and of course it is also responsible for that tingling feeling that has almost become synonymous with pre-workout supplements nowadays.
    Agmatine Sulfate (1g): Wow, yet another clinically dosed ingredient that has proven its effectiveness in the gym by supplying amazing vascularity and muscle pumps similar to how CM works. How they managed to put the previously three described supplement ingredients in Total War at clinical doses at a low overall price I will never understand but I absolutely love it.
    Caffeine (250mg): It's great to see that Total War is not dependent on using caffeine to stimulate its consumers like so many other brands have fallen prey to doing by utilizing a moderately dosed serving.
    Higenamine HCL (25mg): Used currently as a fat burner due to similar chemical makeup to ephedrine. Little clinical research has been conducted on it thus far though and all claims should be taken with a grain of salt for the moment.
    Bioperine (10mg): Another newly popular supplement ingredient that has been spotted in many supplements recently for its ability to increase absorption and effectiveness of other ingredients as well as being a mild fat burning thermogenic.

No proprietary blends were used in the making of this product! :]

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    I had the pleasure of using the Sour Gummy Bear flavor of Total War which provides an excellent taste that mirrors the actual flavor of a sour gummy bear! It is easily one of my favorite flavors for any pre-workout product but I've always been a bit biased towards sour flavors. It mixes very well with the usual 8-12oz of water and is dosed with a larger than normal 15g scooper that is still fairly easy to use with any sized bottle.

----Effectiveness----
    I typically take my pre-workout products in the parking lot of my local gym prior to starting my workout that offers plenty of time to get into my system before hitting that coveted gym floor. It pretty much instantly causes skin tingling from the beta-alanine that typically lasts for about half my workout. Upon getting on the gym floor the stimulants start kicking in and once you start getting a couple good sets in you begin to feel the amazing pumps that can only be given by clinically dosed citrulline malate and agmatine sulfate. I really have to say that my vascularity and pumps were pretty amazing and consistent throughout my workouts. I never experienced a dip in energy level throughout my workouts and kept fairly good muscular endurance while keeping the exercise intensity very high but that is likely due more to conditioning rather than the product. The crash following taking Total War isn't too bad either due to the lower dosing on caffeine compared to other products and it lets you down easy so you can recover and do it all over again the next day. Total War is truly a jack of all trades pre-workout that hits the mark on all levels.

----Value----
    As I've noted multiple times throughout the review already, I've been able too find Total War online for as cheap as $31.75! That is a crazy good deal considering what this product has to offer. At slightly over $1 per serving you really get an amazing ingredient profile that you would likely have to pay 2x for with other products. How RedCon1 managed to sell Total War for this price is a mystery but I'm glad that they decided to set it at a very affordable and modest price that ANY gym goer can and should fork money over for.

----Side Effects----
    I experienced several instances of mild "chills" from taking Total War but it was never significant enough to negatively effect my workout and it gave me a slight crash post-workout as well at times which is fairly normal for a product like this. Otherwise I experienced no other notable side effects.

----Conclusion----
    RedCon1 made a doozy of a product when they not only created Total War but also when they decided on pricing it. I have reviewed numerous supplements on SR.com and Total War takes the crown as my highest rated product to date. They provide an amazing tasting product, clinically dosed ingredients, an excellent ingredient profile, and probably above all is that they didn't ask for a fortune to attain it! Total War is likely a product that I will continue to use for as long as they are manufacturing it because it really is that well-balanced and effective and I would recommend it for any fitness enthusiast that wants a strong and complete pre-workout to add to their arsenal. Lets hope this Total War will rage on for a long time to come! Cheers fellas!
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Pump
    • No Proprietary Blends
    • Great Value
    • Clinical Dosing For Ingredients
      • Sour Gummy Bear: 9/10
      gilpintyler
        March 2, 2017

----Introduction----
      1. How did you find out about SR?
      I have worked in the industry for about 5 years and have known about Supplement Reviews from colleagues.

2. What prompted you to write this review?
      I decided that I have tried A LOT of products and I should give a 100% unbiased review to let people know what really works. I also noticed there were no review for this product on Supp Reviews.

3. What are your fitness goals?
      Looking to maintain a healthy physique and body. Gaining size is always a plus, but feeling good about myself and staying athletic are my top priorities.

4. What other products are you planning to review?
      I plan on reviewing as many products as possible! Next will probably be Glycolog by Blackstone Labs.

----Ingredient Profile----
      Solid profile. 6 Grams of Citrulline Malate and 1 Gram of Agmatine are great doses that supply a nice pump. 3.2 Grams of Beta Alanine, again great effective dose that puts it on a level playing field with products like Outlift. 250 mg caffeine, 100 mg 2-aminoisoheptane, 50 mg Theobroma, and 25 mg Higenamine give you what feels like everlasting energy! The main reason I decided to give this product a try was the 2-aminoisoheptane. It is meant to be a replacement for the legendary DMAA. I would say it's not quite as strong, but it definitely gives you a kick over the standard 400 mg of caffeine for a high stim pre.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
      I have had Sour gummy bear, fruit punch, and strawberry kiwi. All of the flavors are a bit tart, but none of them are truly hard to get down. The Sour Gummy Bear was my favorite flavor as it was mildly sweet.
      I used about 6oz of water in all of them. They mix well with no grit at the bottom. They did have some foam at the top though.

----Effectiveness---- EDIT TO MAKE MORE DETAILED
      Pump - You can definitely tell there are 6 Grams of Citrulline and 1 Gram of Agmatine! my arms felt like they were at least 1.5 inches bigger during my bicep workout. I would definitely put towards the top of PREs for pump.

Energy - could definitely tell there was increase energy, but I wasn't cracked out which I personally like.

Endurance - As I said earlier in the review, I felt like I could have worked out for hours. finished my back and bi workout and felt as though i hadn't fatigued at all.

Strength - Felt good like every other workout. I can't say I noticed a significant difference.

Focus - Focus was great, felt like I was in the zone the whole workout. I think the awesome pumps made me pay more attention also.

Vascularity - I don't walk around with popping veins, but man were raging! Seriously... if you want to see your veins like never before you have to try this stuff. I'm very impressed with the Nitric Oxide boost.

----Value----
      The value depends on where you buy it! most places have it for $39.95 which is a little on the higher side for a pre workout. I got mine for 32.95 at illpumpyouup.com as they are running $7 off right now.

----Side Effects----
      No side effects to note. Did not have the typical hit the restroom when you first walk in the gym problem.

----Conclusion----
      Overall an excellent product! I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a medium stim high pump pre workout. Look for a deal because the normal 39.95 price tag is a little high, but it is worth giving a shot for sure!
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Pump
      • No Proprietary Blends
      • Great Endurance
      • Sour Gummy Bear: 8/10