Ranks #2 (better than 100%)
In: Pre-Workout > Stimulant

Total War is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Redcon1. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
ARTICLES
FORUM TOPICS

Welcome to SupplementReviews.com

The supplement industry is notorious for agressive marketing and misinformation.

vasilgj
  May 14, 2017

What's up SR, this is review number 2. I found out about SR through the Stack3d Pro. I wanted to write this review to help people choose the right pre workout for them -something a lot of people have trouble with. My personal goals are to increase lean body mass, while maximizing athletic performance. I will be reviewing a few more products in the near future including but not limited to protein powders, pre workouts, BCAA's/EAA's.

Citrulline Malate: used to increase endurance and reduce fatigue. Citrulline is converted into arginine in the body which increases nitric oxide levels and causes vasodilation. Malate means that there is malic acid added to increse the absorption of citrulline.
Beta Alanine: has been shown to increase endurance and prevent fatigue.
Agmatine: comes from the breakdown of the amino acid L-arginine. It is regulates nitric oxide which is responsible for vasodilation. It has also been shown in studies to decrease neuropathic pain.
Taurine: an amino acid found in many foods, but most often in meats. Studies have shown that it increases blood flow, decreases fatigue, and increases performance. Researchers are currently studying its effects as an anti-diabetic.
Caffeine Anhydrous: simply "dehydrated" caffeine, in powder form. Caffeine has been shown to increase focus, power output, fat oxidation, glucose regulation, and many more.
N-Phenethyl Dimethylamine Citrate: also known as Eria Jarensis, is a popular CNS stimulant, milder than DMAA. It acts as a mood enhancer, it increases focus and power.
2 Aminoisoheptane: also known as DMHA, is very similar but milder than DMAA. It is known to enhance mood, focus, and power. DMHA is mostly responsible for its euphoric properties.
Theobroma cocoa extract: naturally found in dark chocolate, theobroma provides cardiovascular and cognitive support. It is known to increase blood flow, thus enhancing "the pump." It has also been shown to decrease LDL and increase HDL
Higenamine: it has been shown to have anti asthmatic effects, by causing bronchodilation. It has been used in a lot of fat burners because of its ability to act similarly to ephedrine
Bioperine: a patent ingredient used to increase absorption
Rauwolscine: also known as alpha yohimbine, very similar to yohimbine, but much more potent. Aids in improved mood, fat burning, and lean mass preservation.

Taste: I've tries sour gummy bear and strawberry kiwi. They both taste great, but sour gummy flavor is out of this world. I'm not the type of person to really care about flavors, but that one is simply amazing.
Mixability: pretty average, I would recommend using room temp water. There's still some "leftovers" in the shaker after I drink it.
Dosing:
Citrulline Malate 6g. Malate simply means that there is a malic acid molecule which has been shown to increase absorption. 2:1 ratio yields 4g citrulline and 2g malic acid. Citrulline supplementation is suggested at 4-8g
Beta Alanine 3.2g is the clinical dose
Agmatine sulfate 1g. Agmatine has been studied in doses 500mg-2g
Taurine 1g. Doses 500mg-2g have been shown to be effective
Caffeine 250mg. Effects are dose and tolerance dependent. 200-300mg has been shown to produce desired effects
N Phenethyl Dimethylamine Citrate 125mg. While there is no recommendations on dosage, 125-250mg are commonly used
2 Aminoisoheptane 100mg. While there is no recommended dosage, 100-200mg has been shown to be effective
Theobroma 50mg. There is no recommend dosage, but 50-100mg is commonly used and seems to be effective.
Higenamine 25mg. Dosages 20-30mg have been shown to be effective
Bioperine 10mg. Studies supported 5mg as an effective dose
Rauwolscine 2mg. There is no recommended dosage, but 1-2 mg are commonly used and seem to be effective

What can I say, this pre workout is true to its name. I start feeling the effects around 20 mins after I drink it, and it keeps me going through my entire workout which is usually about 1.5 hours. Pump is great. The combination of citrulline, agmatine, and theobroma really do the trick for me. Focus and power are phenomenal. The first time I tried this, I was blown away. Still to this dsy, 2 months later, it delivers what it promises. I respond very well to the mixture of beta alanine, caffeine, eria jarensis, DMHA, rauwolscine, and taurine. Like I said, it kicks in about 20 mins after I take it, and I seriously cannot wait to get in the gym and lift something. I feel like I'm "in the zone" for my entire workout, I've had some of my best workouts with Total War. I would recommend stacking it with Big Noise

About average, I bought this on a BOGO free deal for about $40, but I've seen it between $30-$40.

Side Effects

None for me

Conclusion

This is my go-to pre workout, I will keep taking it for sure. If you're a fan of stimulant pre workouts, then Total War might be the one for you.
    • Strawberry Kiwi: 8/10
    • Sour Gummy Bear: 10/10
    BroteinBoy
    TROOPer Level: 1
      May 9, 2017

Total War the Redcon1 pre workout thats already growing in popularity at a rapid rate and for good reason. I am currently on my third tub of Total war, having stocked up during a sale around christmas time, currently weight training 6 days a week along with athletics. Have also stacked it multiple times with Redcon1's Big Noise, which I will touch on

Ah finally a pre workout with absolute clarity when it comes to the product details, Redcon1 have given the customer the goods with full dsiclosure on their label, now lets break that down into the key points of interest:
    Citulline Malate 6g's, Agmatine Sulfate 1g, Beta Alanine 3.2g - right out of the gate the pump and endurance formula shows us clinical dosages

Stimulants (aka the fun stuff):

250mg Caffeine Anhydrous,
    N-phenethyl Dimethylamine Citrate: 125mg
    2 Aminoisoheptaine: 100mg (The newest DMAA replacement)
    Theobroma cacao extract: 50mg (Theobromine)
    Higenamine HCl: 25mg
    Bioperine: Black Pepper Fruit Extract: 10mg (Double the standard dosing)
    Rauwolscine (Rauvolfia Canescens L. [leaf and root]): 2mg

Redcon1's Total War comes in an ever expanding number of flavours, a number which grows as they run their 12 flavours of the month over the next year. I personally can only touch on the flavours I have tried, which are: Blue raspberry, Strawberry kiwi, Watermelon and Sour gummy Bear. My personal favourite has been the Strawberry Kiwi and the Watermelon, but all flavours have been good, the Sour Gummy Bear is a bit to sweet for me (what a surprise a candy flavour thats sweet, lol), but its manageable, with the ever expanding flavours there are so many options (one of which includes rock candy and pineapple juice, both of which I must try) These contain no artificial colours and the mixability is perfect, no floaters or sinkers.
    Dosage is simply one scoop, each tub contains 30 servings.

I'll break this down into a few main categories in order to simplify it,

Pump:
    The pumps on Total War are great, with clinical dosages of both Citrulline Malate and Agmatine Sulfate (which I respond well too) this product is sure to get those pumps flowing, when stacked with the Non stim pump formula also by redcon1 Big Noise this takes the workouts to another level. To a point where I would recommend saving the stacking of the two for certain body parts only because the pumps can almost be painful.

Endurance:
    No issues with endurance, the combination of the clinical dosing of beta alanine and the Taurine means no endurance or performance issues

Energy:
    This is where Total War shines, from the caffeine being perfectly dosed as to not over do it with the combination of the other stimulants, to the addition of the 2-aminoisoheptane leads to fantastic clean energy with no jittery side effects and no massive crash at the end of a workout. Because the dosing is so accurate and done so the ingredients can work synergistically Total War is consistently good and delivers workout after workout. There is a slight mood elevation but nothing too drastic, I would like to see the addition of more Nootropics and focus pieces into the formula (which can be found in Big Noise)

Overall value for money comes in at 30 serves (true serves) at around $39.99, to be fair it is a true one scoop serving and some less stimulant experienced folks may want to start with half a scoop to a three quarter scoop, thus increasing its value per serving. Keep an eye out as Redcon1 is always running promotions where you can get great deals on their products.

Side Effects

No notable side effects other then if taken too close to bed may effect sleep (obviously).

Conclusion

In conclusion Redcon1 has absolutely nailed it with this pre, this has something to offer everyone, from the stim junkie to the new pre workout user. The effective dosages and the ability to still have an effective session using half a scoop while a full scoop wont fry your brain gives the user lots of wiggle room. The combination of ingredients in such effective and synergistic doses allows this product to perform workout after workout.
    • Sour Gummy Bear: 6/10
    wjmathewsx
    TROOPer Level: 47
      April 17, 2017

Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
    What up ladies and gents? I'm here today to tell you what I think of Redcon1's Total War preworkout. I took this product while in the heart of a cut. I knew going into a cut that I would need some serious energy in my preworkout so when I saw SR.com offering this to the TROOPers I thought it was some kind of fate :) I saw the ingredient label and knew immediately that I wanted to try this so that I could compare it to the others that look to have some similar ingredients.

NO PROP BLEND....That alone will get you two thumbs up in my world. Throw in 6g's of Citruline Maleate and you are speaking my language. There's your basic solid preworkout ingredients like caffeine, Taurine, Beta Alanine, and Agmatine Sulfate, and then there are a few that make me pull up the old Google and read about....

N-phenethyl Dimethylamine Citrate, better known as eria jarensis. N-phenethyl dimethylamine citrate is a class of PEAs that helps with mental focus during training and helps you feel good long after your workout is over. I can attest to this... I felt a really good focus and a great mood when finished with my workouts. I'm sure the endorphins and the clean eating had something to do with it as well but I felt "better" at the end of the workouts than I have in the past.

2-aminoisoheptane is a stimulant that is said to boost energy levels and appetite suppression. It is said to be derived from a plant species known as Aconitum Kusnezoffii, however, it's most likely synthetically made. It is a relatively new stimulant that has begun to appear in a range of pre workout supplements and is said to be a suitable replacement to AMP Citrate as well as the banned stimulant DMAA.

Higenamine HCL is derived from a wide variety of plants and works on the body as a stimulant. It has the dual purpose of targeting muscle areas with companion effects, meaning it causes some muscles to slow down their contractions and others to speed up their rate.

It contains a few other common preworkout ingredients. I posted a picture of the label for your viewing pleasure if you want to checkout the doses of each individual ingredients.

Taste- I received the Strawberry Kiwi flavor and it wasn't bad at all. I actually prefer strawberry flavored preworkouts over most flavors.

Mixability- It seemed to mix just fine for me. No clumping. There was a little grittiness with the last swallow but that's a given for just about any preworkout.

Dosing- I just hit one scoop with about 8-10 oz of water about 20-30 minutes before I hit the gym. My wife tried a couple of scoops as well but she takes her preworkout in the form of a shot (no more than 4oz of water) and she said it seemed a little to sweet with just 4 oz of water.

I loved my time in the gym after taking Total War. I felt really good throughout the workout and after as well. The energy was sustainable and did the job to get me through several hard leg days. I was thoroughly surprised that when I took it on an empty stomach I didn't have bathroom issues like I do with other preworkouts. May have been the extremely clean eating I was doing but... who really knows

$35-$40 for 30 servings seems about right when you compare it to other preworkouts that offer much of the same ingredients and doses. A little over a $1 a serving seems to be about what the others are at as well. I don't mind paying for what you get and with no prop blend I know EXACTLY what I'm getting.

Side Effects

Surprisingly NONE

Conclusion

In conclusion, I really liked Total War and plan on trying the other flavors they offer as well. The label shows you what you get. The flavor tastes fine. You get a great pump and good amount of energy from taking it and it helps give you the focus you need to complete the tough workouts. Thanks to Redcon1 and SR.com for this opportunity. It means a lot to people like me that our opinions are valued and trusted.
    Brotein
    TROOPer Level: 38
      April 9, 2017

Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
    Redcon1 lives by the motto of "The Highest State of Readiness". They pride themselves on formulating products not just for bodybuilders and athletes but also for the every-man. From the moment I saw this, coupled with the extremely packed ingredient profile, I knew there was potentially something special in the making. Let's get right into the first part of what made me enjoy Total War so much.

Ingredient Profile: (9.5/10)

I think anyone would be hard pressed to find a better creatine free pre-workout than this. It starts off with 6g of Citrulline Malate, 3.2g of Beta Alanine and 1g of Agmatine. Any of you who have read previous reviews of mine know what a huge proponent of Agmatine I am for pumps, and 6g is a nice, hefty dose of Citrulline. Beta Alanine is dosed at the clinical amount, which is obviously a plus as well. It follows with a whole host of energy and focus ingredients, including 1g of Taurine, 250mg of caffeine and 2mg of yohimbine. They finish it all out with a few ingredients we may be familiar with as DMAA "alternatives" in DMHA and Eria Jarensis dosed at 100mg and 125mg respectively. At least on paper, Total War hits every single category you could possibly want and look for in a pre-workout.

Effectiveness: (9.0/10)

This was a damn great pre-workout, simple as that. The energy was clean and sustained, and not too overwhelming at 250mg per scoop. Coupled with the myriad of other stimulants and focus enhancing agents included, it was quite the experience, to say the least. Every single workout was enjoyable, even after the longest days. The pump was also pretty intense, leaving my muscles full and dense quite a while after the workout. Basically, it would be difficult for me to imagine this pre-workout being improved in any type of way.

Taste/Mixing: (5/10)

I went with Sour Gummy Bear for the flavor, and while I appreciate flavors that go outside the box, this one just wasn't for me. Is it possible for something to be both too sweet and too tart at the same time? Because that's how I felt about the flavor. Not that I hated it...I just grew tired of it very, very quickly. I'll be choosing another flavor for my next go with Total War.

Value: (8.8/10)

I found Total War on i-supplements.com (through Priceplow.com) for $35.99 after a 10% discount code. For $1.19 per scoop, you get 30 servings of a true one-scoop pre-workout formula. I believe this represents outstanding value in today's market. I highly recommend this at this price point.

Overall: (9/10)

Overall, Total War has quickly found a spot towards the top of my favorite pre-workout list. It hits every major category in terms of effectiveness with flying colors and is exceedingly affordable considering the ingredients. Purchase with confidence.
    • Sour Gummy Bear: 5/10
    smashley23
    TROOPer Level: 27
      April 3, 2017

Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!

I lift 4-5 days a week, with a focus on strength, but I do a fair amount of hypertrophy work. I like trying out different pre workouts, and I have used a number of different stimulants over the years (DMHA, DMAA, J. Regia etc). Total War was the third DMHA pre I have tried and is by hard the strongest pre I have used.

Total War is a pretty well rounded pre. Instead of an underdosed stim bomb hidden in a prop blend, we have a well dosed, open profile that has multiple stimulants, pump agents, and ergogenic aids. There are a lot of ingredients. I'll go through the more common/interesting ons.

Stimulants

Caffeine (250mg) We have about two cups of coffee worth of caffeine. Definitely enough to get most people going without being overwhelming.

2-Aminoisoheptaine (DMHA 100mg- This is a newer stimulant that is becoming more popular in pre workouts. It's similar to DMAA and provides a lot of energy and focus. I have seen more DMHA in other pres (150mg, 200mg), but 100mg is still a good amount.

N-phenthyl Dimethylamine Citrate (Eria Jarensis) 125mg- This stimulant is similar to PEA and gives a euphoric effect. It's often paired with DMHA. There is no established clinical dose for Eria Jarensis, but 125mg is a common dose.

Rauwolscine (2mg)- This is a fat burner similar to yohimbine. There isn't an established clinical dose for it, but it's often sold in 1-2mg capsules.

Pump Agents

Citrulline Malate (6g)- Citrulline Malate is used for pumps and endurance. I'm assuming this is a 1:1 ratio since there isn't one giving, yielding about 3g of citrulline per scoop. This is a decent dose, but I'd rather see 4g of citrulline per scoop.

Agmatine Sulfate (1g)- Agmatine is a metabolite of L-Arginine. It's often used in pre workouts to improve pumps, but it may also benefit cognitive health and improve nutrient partitioning. 1g is a good dose for pumps.

Other Ergogenics

Taurine (1g)- is a conditionally essential amino acids. It can improve focus, cell hydration, and is anti-catabolic. 1g is a reasonable dose; you probably don't want more than 3g.

Beta-Alanine (3.2g) This is the building block of carnosine and is used to increase physical performance in the 60-240 second range. I'm not the biggest fan of beta-alanine in pre workouts because it's a saturation ingredient (doesn't impact your workout) and is not that advantageous for most bodybuilders and powerlifters. Unless you regularly have sets that go over 60 seconds, you probably aren't benefiting from it. This supplement is better for endurance athletes.

Also, it's can interfere with taurine in terms of absorption, so it's probably better to take taurine pre-workout and to take beta alanine at a different time (and with carbs).

That being said, Total War at least offers a clinical dose, and some people like the tingles that come with it.

Other ingredients: theobromine, higenamine, biopeperine

--Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

I got the strawberry kiwi flavor and it tasted pretty good (8.5/10). There are a number of ingredients in Total War that taste pretty bad (agmatine, DMHA, etc), so you need a strong flavor to mask it. This easily tasted better than the other DMHA pres I tried.

Mixability- This mixed easily with a shaker bottle. No clumps or residue on the bottom and the foam that appeared settled readily.

Dosing- One scoop is more than enough. I started with a 1/2 scoop to test it out, and I recommend that even if you have used DMHA before. The combination of stimulants here is powerful, so I would start of easy to assess your tolerance.

I had a great time with Total War. The energy was (10/10), and I'd recommend saving it for your heavier days. I think the Rauwolscine made the difference for me. The other DMHA pres I've tried had caffeine, and Eria Jarensis, but now rauwolscine and I could feel the difference. The other pres woke me up. This one woke me up with a fog horn.

In my experience, a tolerance will build if you use DMHA too often, so I would either have a stim-free pre for some of the days or at least one without DMHA.

I liked using Total War on Deadlift Day, which for me is the best day to go all out.

For me, the energy would peak around 20-25 minutes I took it, would be really intense for about 10 minutes and then would level out over the next hour or so. It was easily enough to get me to through a 90+ minute session.

I got pretty good pumps with TW as well (8/10) and the focus was there as well (8.5/10)

I usually see Total War retailing for $36-$40, which comes out to about $1.25 per workout. This is cheaper than the other DMHA pres I've used which were around $1.50-$2 per pre workout, so I'd say the value here is pretty high.

I've also seen Total War go on BOGO a couple of times, which would get you two tubs for $40. That's a steal and easily worth it if you like DMHA.

Side Effects

I got cold sweats for a few minutes from the Raw (also happens when I take Yohimbine). I don't mind it, but for some people that would be a problem.

Conclusion

What else can I say, this is a really good pre. Well formulated, tasty, a solid price. RedCon1 did well with this one, and I will definitely be paying more attention to their line after this.
    • Can Cause Cold Sweats
    Chuntz
    TROOPer Level: 34
      March 25, 2017

Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!

First off, HUGE shoutout to REDCON1 for sending this bad boy out to us TROOPs! I was impressed when I saw this bad boy pop up after recently seeing some others rave about it and had to get my hands on it. If you've read my other PWO reviews, than you already know I'm a huge fan of blue raspberry, BUT I decided to straw away and try Total War out in BLUE LEMONADE, WOOOOOOOO!

Ahhhh, the best part. Total War is fully disclosed, music to most peoples ears now a days. Coming in at 250mg we have caffeine, a staple in almost ever stim PWO out today. Next we have citrulline at 6g, which will aid in increasing your pump, but I'll get to my pump later on. Taurine is 1g, so combined with the citrulline you should have a nice pump going on. Also, beta alanine is 3.2, a staple in all PWO's and clearly effective. We also get 125mg of dimethylamine citrate (DMHA), but it doesn't compared to DMAA in my opinion. Between your caffeine, pump agents, beta alanine and DMHA you're going to recieve some great energy.

Taste:

Alright, if you've ever had lemonade before, than you know it can be strong at times. Blue lemonade followed the typical lemonade standard of being overbearing at times. I used the recommended water of 4-6 ounces but even a 6 it was wooooooooah! Diluted it with a drop more water and I was able to chug it and it made it taste better in my opinion. Others may prefer that super sweet taste and go for just the 4 ounces of water.

Mixabilitiy:

No clumps. No foaming. Whenever I opened the container though I felt like a huge cloud of PWO floated out of it. My sister even said something one day because it was just kinda chillen in the air. NBD though.

Dosing:

I dosed this at just one scoop. I felt that was plenty. There were specifically two days where I took 1.5 scoops just to test it out and let me tell youuuuu, damn. I was feeling NICE. One of the two times was on an empty stomach too, it hit hard.

I never immediately felt Total War hit me. It was more of a hey I'm warming up and BOOM, there it is, LET'S GO! I experienced a lot of tunnel vision while on this, which I personally enjoy. Just being there and zoning out, not hearing anything going on around you, that's what I live for. Pump wise I did not notice much, but I definitely felt the beta tingles. My favorite experience while taking this was the 1.5 scoop on an empty stomach. I felt like I took Jack3D from back in the day and fire ants were crawling all over my face. I actually enjoyed this more fasted than taking around 30 min after my preworkout meal, it hit way harder. Regardless, it was effective both ways when taken.

You can pick this up online for $40 at 30 servings. For what you're getting, it's really not a bad price at all. Plus as I mentioned earlier, you really only need one scoop of this, that's it. So it comes out to $1.33/serving.

Side Effects

Besides explosive energy to single handily take down a small army, none.

Conclusion

I would totally pick this up again, most likely in the sour gummy flavor. For the ingredients, price, and effects, It's a winner in my book. I'm really digging REDCON1 and look forward to trying out some of their other products!
    • Blue Lemonade: 8/10
    willyb87
    TROOPer Level: 49
      March 23, 2017

Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!

Redcon1 has been littering my newsfeed on social media along with another new brand I will also be reviewing shortly, but I have been intrigued by them since looking into the products. Thanks to Redcon for sending out tons of products out to try to the TROOPers to try I was lucky enough to grab a couple and heres the 1st review...

Solid fully disclosed profile on this stuff, you have your beta alanine and taurine to help fight off muscle fatigue dosed adequately at 3.2 and 1 gram. Next you have caffeine at 250mg a nice spot for me as far as caffeine goes and then they add in a few other ingredients under that for stim and focus purposes too, nothing new or groundbreaking, but synergistically they all seem to work together very well. Lastly you have citrulline malate(6grams) and agmatine (1gram) or your pump and vascularity, the 1st of those I think is a little underdosed but that leaves a little room to stack with their pump product Big Noise(review to come later).

I requested and received blue lemonade and it seems when it comes to some ingredient in these preworkouts my taste buds are effected differently than everyone else on here. I kept reading how great this taste and while it wasn't horrible I didn't think it was great, to me it had a strange aftertaste that was quite strong especially if you didn't use much water. It mixed great though and had very little sediment left over. Dosing is self explanatory like all pre's.

Its been awhile since I was completely and totally satisfied with a product on the energy and focus spectrum. There have been some good ones that did the trick well enough but Total War really made me lose track of time and just hit it hard everytime i walked into the gym. I found myself sweating buckets at the end of a 2 hour workout and still feeling like i could go back and do more. The focus was top notch i rarely removed my headphones and would just be zoned in to my next set staring in the mirror getting myself ready. What's even better is i rarely ever crashed, but i would not recommend this for ANY workout close to bedtime. The only let down for me was the claims of skin splitting pumps, and really its not that much of a let down. Bigger companies like this market their preworkouts between stim and nonstim/pump products for a reason $$ and i cant fault them for that. The pump was about the same as if i had just taken a pure stim product, there , but not pronounced or impressive.

At around $40 for 30 servings seems to be the going rate for above average preworkouts these days maybe a little high,but fair. If you stack this with their pump product which i will be doing for my review on*Big Noise* it could get overly pricey but alone this is a solid buy.

Side Effects

insomnia if taken near bedtime

Conclusion

A bravo to Redcon1 for putting out a quality preworkout, i look forward to the next few products I'm about to get underway with and hope that i am as impressed with them as i was with this.
    • -the John Rambo Effect
    • Blue Lemonade: 6/10
    Vaughn
    TROOPer Level: 45
      March 21, 2017

Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!

Today it's my pleasure to review Redcon1's preworkout called Total War. Since I workout after my job, I am always looking for the extra energy to get me motivated to hit the weights after a long day. Preworkouts come in many forms from high stim, high pump, and everything all together. If you have read my previous reviews on preworkouts, you know I lean towards good long sustaining energy over a super high stim crash and purn, and that pumps are just an added bonus for me. This preworkout delivered everything I was expecting and more every single time. Let's get into the details.

Attached the supplement facts, and as you can see it is 100% fully disclosed which is great. My first thoughts on the profile was that it was extremely solid, with proven ingredients and great dosages. A healthy dose of citrulline at 6 grams and a full gram of agmatine sulfate for a pump. For endurance we get the 3.2 grams of beta alanine and a gram of taurine. Then we get into the stims. Caffeine, DMHA, Theobroma, Higenamine, and rauwolscine. At the dosages listed for stims, it'll be sure to wake up even the most stim tolerant. I did however, not expect much from a pump on this as I don't really respond well to citrulline and although it has a gram of agmatine which I like I didn't think it would help that much. I was happily proved wrong however. Another bonus point for me was that the stims used in this are commonly used in fat burners (rauwolscine, higenamine, etc.) and since I am still trying to lean out and train fasted a lot of the time I thought this was a good way to help in that aspect as well. Overall, great ingredients, dosages, and transparent. A win.

I received the blue lemonade flavor. Was not looking forward to this as I hate blue raspberry flavored products, but this was much more like lemonade and was quite good, but a little too sweet. They have other flavor options that look more on the tart/sour side I will try next time. Mixability was great as it mixed easily in water without residue or grittiness, and dosing is standard at 30 min before hitting the gym. Very little dyes, so more wins.

The bread and butter. Let's break it down:

Energy: Amazing, long lasting, and no crash. I easily did my lifting routine after working for about 45 min-hour and was about to do 20-30 min of cardio with plenty of energy. I didn't go home and crash either, so it really did a great job of providing good long lasting energy for the gym. Focus was great too, as I just wanted to keep lifting and lifting. Excellent!

Thermo: This product didn't claim this upfront so I wasn't even expecting this, but it provided a nice thermo effect as well. Especially during the cardio I would feel my body temp rise some and sweated a lot more than usual, even more than when I took some fat burners that promised thermogenic properties. Awesome bonus for my cutting.

Pump: Once again, huge surprise here for me as I wasn't expecting much as I have taken up to 8 grams of citrulline without a pump, but this delivered EVERY time. Definitely a bonus and a pump helps deliver blood to your muscles and helps your performance (and confidence in the gym). I know diet/routine has a lot to do with pump as well, and maybe I was doing something different that I'm not realizing, but I was very impressed with the pumps this delivered.

Endurance: Big tim beta alanine tingles for the first week, however they did go away towards the end. Endurance did not suffer though as the endurance and recovery between sets was spot on.

As you can see, in every category this delivered in big ways in all the big categories for me. I was extremely impressed with this product.

You pay for what you get right? $40 for 30 servings. Expensive, but wow this worked so I feel the value is high. On a side note, I see this on some retailers like Muscle and Strength a lot and they frequently run 20% specials, so if you see one of those the value is definitely there. Personally, this worked so well for me I'll easily pay a couple extra dollars to get this again.

Side Effects

None!

Conclusion

A win. One of the best preworkouts I've tried in a long time, I felt it really improved my workouts. I'll be purchasing this again and am very interested in other products by this company now as well.
    bromine2122
    TROOPer Level: 57
      March 17, 2017

Introduction + Supplement facts
    Huge thank you to RedCon1 for their support of the SR Troops and the program. The first time I heard about was the article about the company on stack3d.com. When Redcon1 put total war up on SR I had to try it to see how good this stuff really is and it does not disappoint.
    Total War is a full disclosed label so you can see everything you are getting. Now reading it on the other might be hard you will need pharmacy degree to figure out what the hell they are saying. First you get a nice dose of citrulline malate at 6g for those crazy insane pumps. Then comes the crazy endurance of beta-alanine of 3.2g. Next is another pump ingredient which is agmatine sulfate at 1g. Taurine at 1g for another pump agent. Then you have caffeine at 250mg. Then you get Eria Jarensis at 125mg but for some reason they use the chemical name which good luck trying to pronounce it. Then you have DMHA at 125mg. Theobroma cocao extract seed 50mg, and finally higenamine hcl. Apparently Aaron Singerman personally formulated total war.
    Taste + Mixability + Dosing.
    The flavor I received was sour gummy bear which was f**king amazing s**t I could drink a gallon of this stuff. I'm love anything that's really sour this was spot on for the flavor. Mixing was really easy didn't have any issue at all. Dosing was your standard mix 1 scoop 30mins before workout with 8-10oz of water. I usually did more because I really enjoyed the taste. Now if you took two scoops total war holy s**t watch out because the intense focus and energy is crazy. You will feel like John Rambo telling all the fake make-up ladies to get the f**k out of my way.
    Effectiveness 9.0/10
    Wow total war will make you feel like you are in a war with you, the weight and the annoying fake gym people that just show up to look good. This stuff is crazy good with focus, energy, and pumps. You get a nice amount of citrulline malate for those pumps that people always talk about. The eria jarensis extract in total war worked really well. The intense focus and energy was amazing I was in the focus zone myself, weights, sets, and my reps really good. I've had similar products with eria jarensis in it but the effeteness wasn't nearly the same as total war. The intense energy and focus from total war was straight crazy. Total war took my workouts to a new level of intensity. I was doing more sets, more weight, and more reps. I was going John Rambo on the weights with heaver sets then before along with a more intense focus. The pumps were really crazy too after doing a warm-up chest fly using a superset of two different variations my chest was full as f**k. And this was after the first warmup set which I don't count. When I got to my first working set I could barely flex my chest because of the pumps. Even the people at the gym I got to were noticing my John Rambo insanity. When people asked me what I was on my response was total war now get the f**k out of the way. Total war really surprised me with how effective this stuff really is. It's not super crazy with the caffeine but man does this stuff pack the focus, pumps, and energy. Total war did a killer job with even the days were I was short on time and I had to get it done total war delivered.

Value 8.8/10
    At Fastsupps.com you can get a 30 serving tub of total war for 31.75 which is a 1.05 per serving. Pretty good deal.

Side Effects

The John Rambo effect

Conclusion

Total war is a pre workout that will deliver a punch each and every time it was solid from start to finish. One of the best products that I've had in a while. It's a product that I will be buying again.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Endurance
    • Great Dosages
    • -the John Rambo Effect
      • Sour Gummy Bear: 10/10
      Wade419
      TROOPer Level: 47
        March 17, 2017

Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!

Damn! Where has this pre-workout been all my life? It's a solid well-rounded supplement with all the bells and whistles of a much higher priced product at an affordable price! The moment I saw the chance to give Total War a try I had to leap on board to see if it really packs the punch that it seems to. Kudos to RedCon1 for giving me the opportunity to test it out and making what seems to be a kick-ass supplement.

Citrulline Malate (6g): Precursor compound to the production of the precious nitric oxide that provides us with that amazing skin ripping pump sensation and visual display we have all grown to love and Total War gives you a very generous clinical dose at that! I must add that it is extremely rare to see a pre-workout include a clinical dose of CM and still be priced below $35. I don't know how RedCon1 managed to do it but they did... huge props.
      Beta Alanine (3.2g): Another clinical dosing of yet another highly researched ingredient that has proven effective on multiple levels. It works by delaying lactic acid build-up and helps you pump out those last few repetitions, and of course it is also responsible for that tingling feeling that has almost become synonymous with pre-workout supplements nowadays.
      Agmatine Sulfate (1g): Wow, yet another clinically dosed ingredient that has proven its effectiveness in the gym by supplying amazing vascularity and muscle pumps similar to how CM works. How they managed to put the previously three described supplement ingredients in Total War at clinical doses at a low overall price I will never understand but I absolutely love it.
      Caffeine (250mg): It's great to see that Total War is not dependent on using caffeine to stimulate its consumers like so many other brands have fallen prey to doing by utilizing a moderately dosed serving.
      Higenamine HCL (25mg): Used currently as a fat burner due to similar chemical makeup to ephedrine. Little clinical research has been conducted on it thus far though and all claims should be taken with a grain of salt for the moment.
      Bioperine (10mg): Another newly popular supplement ingredient that has been spotted in many supplements recently for its ability to increase absorption and effectiveness of other ingredients as well as being a mild fat burning thermogenic.

No proprietary blends were used in the making of this product! :]

I had the pleasure of using the Sour Gummy Bear flavor of Total War which provides an excellent taste that mirrors the actual flavor of a sour gummy bear! It is easily one of my favorite flavors for any pre-workout product but I've always been a bit biased towards sour flavors. It mixes very well with the usual 8-12oz of water and is dosed with a larger than normal 15g scooper that is still fairly easy to use with any sized bottle.

I typically take my pre-workout products in the parking lot of my local gym prior to starting my workout that offers plenty of time to get into my system before hitting that coveted gym floor. It pretty much instantly causes skin tingling from the beta-alanine that typically lasts for about half my workout. Upon getting on the gym floor the stimulants start kicking in and once you start getting a couple good sets in you begin to feel the amazing pumps that can only be given by clinically dosed citrulline malate and agmatine sulfate. I really have to say that my vascularity and pumps were pretty amazing and consistent throughout my workouts. I never experienced a dip in energy level throughout my workouts and kept fairly good muscular endurance while keeping the exercise intensity very high but that is likely due more to conditioning rather than the product. The crash following taking Total War isn't too bad either due to the lower dosing on caffeine compared to other products and it lets you down easy so you can recover and do it all over again the next day. Total War is truly a jack of all trades pre-workout that hits the mark on all levels.

As I've noted multiple times throughout the review already, I've been able too find Total War online for as cheap as $31.75! That is a crazy good deal considering what this product has to offer. At slightly over $1 per serving you really get an amazing ingredient profile that you would likely have to pay 2x for with other products. How RedCon1 managed to sell Total War for this price is a mystery but I'm glad that they decided to set it at a very affordable and modest price that ANY gym goer can and should fork money over for.

Side Effects

I experienced several instances of mild "chills" from taking Total War but it was never significant enough to negatively effect my workout and it gave me a slight crash post-workout as well at times which is fairly normal for a product like this. Otherwise I experienced no other notable side effects.

Conclusion

RedCon1 made a doozy of a product when they not only created Total War but also when they decided on pricing it. I have reviewed numerous supplements on SR.com and Total War takes the crown as my highest rated product to date. They provide an amazing tasting product, clinically dosed ingredients, an excellent ingredient profile, and probably above all is that they didn't ask for a fortune to attain it! Total War is likely a product that I will continue to use for as long as they are manufacturing it because it really is that well-balanced and effective and I would recommend it for any fitness enthusiast that wants a strong and complete pre-workout to add to their arsenal. Lets hope this Total War will rage on for a long time to come! Cheers fellas!
        • Sour Gummy Bear: 9/10