TROOP CP

100% Whey Reviews

By: Optimum

Overall Score:   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #2 of 99 (better than 99%) in
Protein > Whey Protein

100% Whey is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by Optimum. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.
INGREDIENTS (8)
THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)
CATEGORY AVG
16g

Purest form of whey protein (contains at least 90% protein) that maximizes protein synthesis and minimizes muscle breakdown with almost no carbs or fats.

THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)
CATEGORY AVG
16g

Rapidly digested form of protein rich in amino acids that helps support lean body mass gains and muscle protein synthesis.

COMPARE SIMILAR

Italy48
  November 4, 2016

----Introduction----
I was a bit of a protein snob and was willing to pay top dollar for proteins that in the end, were not nearly as good as this protein. Even though the ingredients in the pricier proteins were nearly the same as ON Whey, I believed a heftier price tag would equate to much better results. After seeing all of the positive reviews and hearing friends talk about ON Whey, I had to try it to see what all the hype was about. The hype is for real!

This is per one scoop:
Basics: Calories-120, Fat-1g, Cholesterol-50mg, Sodium-140mg, Carbs-3g (2g of sugar)
The fun stuff:
24g of Whey Protein Isolates which is the purest form of whey protein
BCAA-5G (Isoleucine, Leucine and Valine)
Glutamine and Glutamic Acid-4G
Natural and artificial flavors plus a sweetener (Sucralose)

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I purchased the Cake Batter flavor and it was decent. It was not a bad taste but I was expecting more of a cake batter flavor. Tasted more vanilla than anything but it was by no means a deal breaker. It mixed great. I would add it to either water or milk (8 ounces) depending on my mood. One scoop on most days and if I was daring I would add two scoops. On the days I would add two scoops I would put 4 ounces of water and 8 ounces of milk in the shaker cup. It gave it just the right thickness. At one time they had a 16 flavor sample pack I wish they would bring back. The label claims you can mix it with a spoon in a cup but I did not give that a shot so I cannot comment.

----Effectiveness----
I feel it worked just like any protein should. I was making the gains I needed and hit a PR (or two) along the way so to say I noticed any negatives would not be accurate. I did notice my recovery was good and DOMS were better after working certain parts of my body that caused me soreness after a few days of hitting that area. I noticed this mostly on leg and back days. A Whey protein should help with progression in your lifts, feeling stronger, reduced DOMS and feel like it is aiding in your overall muscle recovery. This protein did all I wanted it to and it is the best I have used yet.

----Value----
I got it at the Vitamin Shoppe for $57.99 and at 73 servings it comes out to $0.79 per serving. This is a product that I have seen on sale and if you can grab it then, it is even a better deal. I am usually a last minute shopper and go buy it at the store. I should be more proactive and order ahead of time. It would probably save me a few bucks.

----Conclusion----
Hands down the best protein I have used to date. There are so many flavors to choose from (I am on the Chocolate Mint flavor as we speak) and at a great price how can you beat it??? This protein lives up to the positive reviews and all of the hype I have read and heard. This will keep you on the right path to getting stronger and aiding you in recovery. I would suggest adding this protein to your stack or even as a way to increase your daily protein. The Chocolate Mint flavor I have now is really good and it is almost as if I am drinking a healthy milkshake when it is added to milk. Do yourself a favor and go buy this one!
  • Good Amino Acid Profile For A Protein
    • Cake Batter: 5/10
    shaunmike
      October 7, 2016

The second ON's supplement I've reviewed and this is a classic.
    This was the first supplement I've ever took when I started working out and it was a great first product to take to get you familiar with protein supplementation.

THE START OF A HEALTHIER LIFESTYLE
    Just a quick intro of the basis of my review. As said, it was the first product I ever bought to give protein supplements a try. I was 18 at the time and wanted to change my skinny frame to something more muscular.
    Being that it was the first time I started to hit the gym regularly (3 times on weekdays, weekends for rest), the additional protein my body took really increased my muscle gains.

Since I never took supplementation before (the baseline), the product works! (with just protein added to my diet)

There was a significant difference in my physique and strength after 6 months.

----Ingredient Profile----

Being a long time supplement company in the fitness industry, I'm sure ON got all the basics covered in a standard whey protein supplement.
    Just like most other whey protein supplements, they geenerally have added BCAA's and sometimes combine with other sources of protein (aside from the isolates) like egg and soy protein.
    There are some products that claim to purely contain whey protein isolates such as MuscleTech's Platinum 100% Iso-Whey.

What ON's Gold Standard Whey Protein is packed with..

TERMS:
    Whey Protein Isolates - the purest form of whey protein that exists.
    Hydrowhey - Proteins strategically broken down (hydrolyzed) into smaller pieces called peptides for faster utilization by the body.

Whey Protein Isolates
    Hydrowhey Peptides
    24G Protein
    5.5G BCAAs
    4G Glutamine & Precursors
    74 Servings (For a 5lb tub)

ON's Gold Standard Whey Protein contains both purest forms of protein which normally make the price of the supplement more costly. (More on value below) In addition, it's got a standard dose of 24 grams of protein and 4 grams of glutamine (An amino acid) helping with protein synthesis.

According to WebMD - Glutamine may help with a variety of gut function, the immune system, and other essential processes in the body, especially in times of stress. This could be additional benefits that come with added glutamine as frequent intense workouts can actually weaken the immune system.

FLAVOURS
    I purchased the Double Rich Chocolate and I'll never forget the amazing taste it has till today. I think it's the best tasting flavour compared to the other supplment brand flavours I've tried.

I did try the Chocolate Malt to see if it can even get better but sadly no, I disliked the taste of the malt and I actually felt nauseated if I drank it too quickly. Bad experience for me but I've read that some people love it a lot.

ON's got loads of other flavours for it's basic category of whey supplements. Recently, as part of their 30th anniversary, they've added Birthday Cake to the list.

Recommended flavour - Double Rich Chocolate (You can't go wrong if you can't decide)

MIXES REALLY WELL
    The title sums it up and it really does mix well with water or with milk. No particles at the bottom.
    Just make sure that liquid is in first then powder or you'll end up getting clumps stuck to the shaker bottle.

----Effectiveness----

A really effective protein supplement. Extremely good if you're new to bodybuilding or just looking to getting fit.
    It's packed with all the essential amino acids you need for protein synthesis.
    If you're skeptical about supplementation then go for a brand, like ON, that's been in the industry long enough and still sustaining.

----Value----
    ON has always been on the high side of price compared to other leading brands competing but it's popularity and loyal customers really make them sustainable in the industry.

I don't know about the US but in Singapore, the prices have jacked up by almost $15 here. It used to be able to get it at SGD$75 (5lb tub) and now it's SGD$89. Not sure if it's the website that's jacking up a popular product or just inflation that causing it to happen.

With such a price increase, it might be a good idea to explore other brands out there that pack the same amount of ingredients at a much lower value. Most of the time, you're paying for the brand so just a thought there.

----Side Effects----

I did not notice any significant flatulence or discomfort when I started to supplement this. A large majority love this product and I do too.

----Conclusion----

Overall, this is an awesome product that's probably ON's best-selling product for years. Its a standard whey protein supplement that's very safe to consume. No discomfort. It's got loads of flavours for you to try (Seriously, get Double Rich Choc :D). The only concern is the price increase in my country that's making me give it a value of 7.5 instead of a 9. It's helped me gain an appropriate amount of muscle size when I first started and I'm sure it helps many others too.

Hope this was useful.

• Chocolate Malt: 5/10
    TNT-JS
      June 23, 2016

----Introduction----

I am a exercise physiologist with a B.S. in Exercise and Sport Science. I discovered SR through the Stack3d Online Expo. I currently train to improve my physique, so I rely heavily on reviews of others as well as research to back my training and nutrition. I have a wide range of knowledge and experience working with supplements and trying new products, so I have decided to start reviewing the products I try as they are incorporated into my fitness plan.

----Ingredient Profile----

Gold Standard 100% Whey has a protein blend of whey protein isolates, whey protein concentrate, and whey peptides with 1 scoop serving 24g total protein. 1 scoop also offers 120 calories, 1g of fat (0.5 saturated), and a sodium count of 130mg. The total amount of sugar is only 1g per scoop which makes it an optimal supplement for anytime consumption especially for individuals with strict nutritional goals related to their carbohydrate intake. It also offers 5.5g of BCAAs and 4g of glutamine, which is especially beneficial for individuals just starting their fitness journeys who have not discovered the benefit of amino acids and anticatabolic/recovery supplements yet.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

I personally use the vanilla ice cream flavor. It tastes great and can be mixed with other food options such as oatmeal and Greek yogurt without overpowering the flavor of your food or being chunky. With 10oz of milk or water, the powder mixes very well with no clumps or chalky substance left after mixing. I occasionally mix a scoop with 6oz if I need quick protein intake with a meal; it even mixes well then with just a little more thickness. The method of mixing does not change the outcome of the product (shaker bottle, spoon stirred, or blended in a blender). All methods work great; using a shaker bottle does not require aggressive shaking and spoon stirring does not take more than 15 seconds.

----Effectiveness----

I have been using the Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein for about 6 months now, and it has definitely exceeded my expectations. I rotate through bulking and cutting phases, so nutrition is very important to me. I use the product for both my post workout shake and as a meal additive to lower the rate of absorption of carbohydrates throughout the day. Since starting the use of this product, I have gained 7lbs. of muscle and my body fat percentage has not changed. My exercise regimen includes cardio 3 to 4 days a week at moderate to high intensity and strength training 4 to 5 days a week rotating muscle groups. Compared to the previous brands of protein I was using (all with a higher sugar count per serving), I have seen faster gain results for my personal fitness goals. I started training to improve my physique 3 years ago but have been actively exercising for 6+ years. Right now my fitness goal is to put on 5lbs of lean, fat-free muscle over the next 2 1/2-3 months.

----Value----

Due to my personal higher consumption of protein, I purchase the 10lb. bag for the best value. A 2lb jug of protein usually only lasts me about two weeks, so purchasing the larger bag saves me between $30 and $40 depending on where I am purchasing from. I think the results you see from the product make it worth the extra money you are spending compared to the other products on the shelf. The sugar count alone makes it worth every penny. I have purchased a lot of protein products since I began my fitness journey, and I have found that it is uncommon to find a protein product where the first ingredient isn't sugar. Being filled with whey protein isolates is also worth the price since these are considered the purest form of whey protein.

----Side Effects----

I personally have not had any negative side effects with the product. It does not cause me to become bloated or have any cramping.

----Conclusion----

I highly recommend Optimum Nutrition's Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein to anyone interested in adding a protein supplement to their diet. Whether you are new to purchasing a protein product or looking to switch to a new product, the Optimum brand really lives up to its name. Being a fitness and health enthusiast, I plan to review other products including other protein supplements and mass gainers, BCAAs, glutamine, creatine, nitric oxide supplements, L-arginine, and the various pre-workouts available.
    • Vanilla Icecream
      • Vanilla Ice Cream: 10/10
      BuffBunny
        June 7, 2016

----Introduction----

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum) I just discovered supplement reviews so I was very excited to join. I HIGHLY rely on reviews for my supplement purchases so I try and do my best to give my honest opinion on my experiences with supplements I have used to help others determine if that product is right for them. I am an endurance runner, sprinter, weight train 5 days a week, hike, canoe ect.. so supplementation is a big part of my active lifestyle.

----Ingredient Profile----

Gold Standard 100% Whey comprises three different forms of whey protein: whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, and whey peptides.
      It also contains amino acids (enzymes to help break down the protein), including three of the most valuable BCAAs (Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine), in addition to other goodies such as glutamine.
      Per scoop you're looking at 24g of protein, 1g of fat, 3g carbs, and 120 calories.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

I have tried multiple flavors from Vanilla ice cream, French vanilla creme, Extreme milk chocolate, Rocky road, Strawberry, and I have yet to be disappointed. I usually have a shake post-workout (1 scoop) in my blender bottle with water or 2% milk and the taste is great with either. I find ON to have some of the most amazing flavors and they offer a variety of flavors you can find in a whey protein powder so if taste is very important to you, ON Gold Standard has plenty to choose from. Mixability is awesome, a few shakes in a blender bottle and you have a nice, smooth, frothy protein shake.

----Effectiveness----

I have tried a TON of protein powders over the years (from the cheapest junk to high quality grass fed whey) and I find Optimum Nutrition has always given me the best results. This stuff has given me the best gains! I am always able to keep my weight up drinking this when I am bulking. It has been great for recovery after a hard day of training or a long run on the trail. This stuff really feeds my muscles.

----Value----

I think the price point for this protein is just right. I usually buy 2 lb tubs in different flavors for about $30 a tub. Each lasting me about a month making it about only $1 per serving which is excellent.

----Side Effects----

I have not had any side effects with this protein powder. Every flavor I have had has been very easy on my stomach. No bloating whatsoever!

----Conclusion----

I would HIGHLY recommend Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard. This is the real deal if you're looking for a protein powder to help assist with muscle gains. They offer a ton of flavors so you will find something that will suit your taste buds. Gold Standard is definitely the Whey to go!!!
        Foopmaster
          November 24, 2015

----Introduction----

We all know that whey protein works. It's one of the cheapest and most convenient ways to reach your protein goals if you can't get there with meals. "Cheaping out" on your whey doesn't always pan out, as anyone who has choked down a less expensive (but clumpy) tub of protein. Paying top dollar doesn't always guarantee positive results either. I've had some "premium" protein that I didn't care for because while it mixed great, it tasted terrible! I always seem to come back to ON whey protein because it fits the bill on all accounts (at least for me).

----Ingredient Profile----

It's got whey! (hey!). Around 24g of protein per scoop (~31g) you get a fair amount of protein, with the rest left over for "other stuff". The "other stuff" being 1g of fat and 3g of carbs, with one gram of those carbs coming from sugar. All this is from ONE label that I found (chocolate malt flavor), but if you look around the net at other labels of this product, you'll see slightly different numbers. What's up with that? The variance is most likely due to the MANY different flavors ON has on the market. The flavor will also affect what sweetener is used, as I have seen acesulfame potassium and sucralose (better known as the brand name Splenda) both alone and in combination depending on the flavor. It's good to be aware that this variance exists, but for most it shouldn't matter too much. I'm sure you can find other whey's with a tighter carb/sugar/fat/protein ratio, so if you're micromanaging your macros you might be concerned. But overall I think it's pretty good.

On the topic of artificial sweeteners: I feel that artificial sweeteners are safe for the most part. Some people might disagree, but much of the clinical literature I have read (regarding aspartame, saccharine, and sucralose specifically) has indicated that they are safe in most people. Most problems I have heard are that people have trouble digesting large amounts of the stuff and get diarrhea. However, I feel that they are better than the amount of sugar (I.E., empty calories) it takes to achieve a similar sweetness. These are just my own thoughts and opinions, so use your best judgment.

----Taste----

Here is where a protein powder can really shine, in my opinion. With upwards to 24 different flavors, you're bound to find one that you like. I've tried a handful of them and they were great. My go-to has been the double rich chocolate, as I can add some peanut butter to it if I want to add some more calories/make it taste even better. I would recommend that you pick a flavor that you REALLY like before investing in a 10lb bag (strawberry got old after a while).

----Mixability----

ON's Whey always mixes easily and cleanly in both milk and water, with very little (if any) clumpage. The labeling states that you can stir it up with a spoon, but I recommend sticking to a good ol' shaker bottle. Full marks here.

----Dosing----

Dosing is easy peasy, just scoop up however much you need. One scoop per serving is pretty standard for most powders, with 24g per serving being normal as well.

----Effectiveness----

I can state with great certainty that ON's protein is effective. Working in the field that I do, some jobs in the past have had me working 12 hours a day with no breaks. Oftentimes, this would be my only source of protein (and sometime my only source of nutrition, period). Despite these conditions I was still able to hit my daily protein goals. I did have some digestive issues when I first started supplementing protein, but that was mostly because I made such a drastic change in my eating habits. Those have long since subsided, and my gut bacteria enjoy processing my protein without complaint.

Also, Labdoor.com (an independent supplement testing lab) gave ON's Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein an A-. I feel that the "minus" comes from the inclusion of artificial sweeteners, which labdoor.com marks as "controversial". As I've said previously, I feel these claims are overstated.

----Value----

The best value is to buy in bulk, and ON offers a whopping 10lb bag for around $110 on amazon. That averages out to about 75 cents a serving, so I feel that I'm getting my money's worth. The most commonly carried size by most brick-and-mortar stores is the 5lb tubs, but sizes go all the way down to a 1.8lb package if you aren't a monster consumer like myself. Do note that not all flavors are carried in all sizes, as the 10lb bags are limited to around 5 flavors.

----Side Effects----

You might experience some cramping if you're new to supplementing protein, but that's usually because your body is getting used to processing protein in such a large bolus. It should pass fairly quickly. For those that still have problems, you might have issues processing whey in general. I have heard of people having success in switching to other protein sources such as soy in these cases.

----Conclusion----

If you want a whey protein that is affordable, mixes well, tastes great, and works, look no further. While you can probably find some other whey's with a slimmer carb profile, it won't beat ON's Gold Standard by much. Highly recommended.
        • Lots Of Flavors
          • Extreme Milk Chocolate: 9/10
          aironstone
            June 23, 2015

----Introduction----
          (Background info on yourself, diet, experience, goals, first thoughts on the product and how you discovered SR)
          Ladies and Gents of the SR jury,
          After my recent visit to Europa Expo in Dallas, and obtaining a sample packet of Salted Carmel flavor Gold Standard Whey, I realized that I am yet to show my respect to this timeless classic and review it on SR. So here it goes.
          Protein is the most essential part of our gym life. As some sort of holy nectar it brings gainz onto us. At any stage I am, be that cutting, bulking or recomp, I always have some sort of protein supplement helping me along the whey.( get it? way-whey? its a pun)
          Gold Standard 100% Whey isn't the best of the best (they have pro complex for that), cheapest or the highest quality protein. Yet it hits that good 8.0 mark in almost every category, like a good Volkswagen should. Another great aspect of the product is its wide popularity. You can find it in almost any supplement store you will visit, so if the rest of the products are something you don't know or never heard of, Gold Standard is always the choice.

----Ingredient Profile----
          (Your thoughts on the ingredients/label of the product)

Taken From bodybuilding.com
          Serving Size 1 Rounded Scoop (31g)

Amount Per Serving

Vitamin C 0%
          Calcium 8%
          Iron 0%

Ingredients:
          Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolates, Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Peptides), Lecithin, Natural And Artificial Flavors, Citric Acid, Sucralose, FD&C Red #40, Aminogen, Lactase.
          ALLERGEN INFORMATION:
          Contains Milk And Soy (Lecithin) Ingredients

Alright so as we see the protein make up here is the fast absorbing Isolates, slower absorbing Concentrate and lastly Whey Peptides. Out of all of those I'm not particularly fond of inclusion of peptides, which in my understanding are not totally absorbed into your body, but feel free to correct me.

Now if we look at the content of Protein, Carb, Fat per scoop, 31g scoop will yield 24g of protein, 3g of Carbs, 1.5g Fat. I would say those are really decent macros for your regular day to day protein that isn't all Isolates.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
          First off Dosing is simple, one scoop after gym if you want 24g of protein, more if needed. ON Gold Standard, always mixes well, I've never had any clumping issues.
          Gold Standard was the first whey protein I've bought. It was back in high school around 2008/9 at a local GNC. I was going to cave in and to the pressure of the horrible GNC sales person and buy either the GNC brand or even worse Muscletech, but the availability of Banana flavor pushed me towards ON. Gold Standard is very solid in the flavor department and the way they actually taste. There are 18 different flavors listed for Gold Standard on bodybuilding.com. Out of the ones I tried , strawberries and crme, banana crme, chocolate, vanilla, cookies and crme, and most recently tried Salted Caramel (which I wasn't able to find anywhere other than Amazon) all of them tasted darn great to me. I had no reason to complain. The Salted Caramel flavor was simply amazing, I mixed it with water first, which was ok. But when I used whole milk, it was a whole other deal. I wanted on chew on it, if that makes sense, I felt like I had real Salted Caramel in my mouth.
          9.5/10

----Effectiveness----
          I usually drink my shakes after working out or running, and try to keep them at 1 to 2 scoops a day, getting most of my protein from food. I would not say that this protein has any amazing recovery that I've never experienced before. But I did notice that when I did go off while waiting for my next protein to arrive, I was more sore after my workouts. Overall good product for keeping up muscle mass and improve recovery.

----Value----
          Allstarhealth has the 5lb(73 servings) for 54.99. That's the cheapest I found it when its not on sale. It comes out to around 75 Cents a scoop, which I think isn't all too bad for a decent protein. But at 1 Scoop a day at that price, the tub should last you about 2 month which is pretty good in my opinion.
          ----Side Effects----
          No side effects, unless you consider gainz a problem!

----Conclusion----
          All in all, Optimum Gold Standard whey will always be the first protein on my mind when protein supplements are mentioned. I might buy new and exciting protein products, but I will have no problem going back to this in a heart beat. As the Volkswagen analogy goes, nobody dreams of driving a Volkswagen when they are a millionaire, nobody wants to pop into a posh club in a Jetta. But people understand that a Volkswagen will get you where you need to go with great comfort and reliability. In similar fashion, Gold Standard will always be there to bring you muscle support and good recovery, without all the extravagant and posh nonsense.
           Pros:
           Cons:
          • Mixes Well
          • Amazing Taste
          • Not A Good Meal Replacement
          Mungobro
            May 11, 2015

----Introduction----

Some information about myself, I am a 21 year old gym junkie. I have been weight training now for approximately 4 or 5 years, mind you at least the first half of that was spent mucking around not making any progress , not focused in on goals and no real clue about real programs or proper nutrition. Prior to weight training I played numerous sports from the age of 6 up until I was 18, now with time being more of a factor as well as work and travel costs, developing my physique is my only true sporting interest.

With my current status I am on top of my diet having my macros honed in whilst following a more flexible approach to my diet during the off season. I am looking to put on a little more size this year before competing in either Men's Physique or Sports Model class mid 2016. As for goals, my immediate goal is as previously stated more size and to get on stage next year but on from that I would love to become a serious competitor in whichever category i decide to chase after and at the very least one day, to win a regional show.

I heard about SR through an online forum.

My first thoughts of this product were initially "oh wow this is low in calories how is this meant to help me gain size". Obviously that was a long time ago but from the first taste and solid results, this has become my go-to protein.

----Ingredients 9-10----

Firstly lets just look at the nutritional label.
          Serving Size 1 Rounded Scoop(30.4g)
          Servings Per Container 74
          Amount Per Serving
          Total Fat 1g
          Saturated Fat 0.5g
          Trans Fat 0g
          Total Carbohydrate 3g
          Sugars 1g
          Protein 24g

On top of the good dosing of protein as well as next to no carbs or fats, the amino acid profile on this protein is just amazing. With over 15 different amino acids present per serving as well as over 4g of glutamine and 5g of BCAA's, this protein is manufactured to be a top level protein powder.

----Taste/Mixability 10/10----

Taste wise I have never had better. I have used Milk Choc, French Vanilla, Banana, Cookies and Cream and Double Choc, all were superior taste wise to any other brand of protein I have had. Personally I take it with milk as I love milkshakes and this powder mixed with milk really brings out that milkshake like flavor. With a lot of gym goers being into oats as well I would also like to mention this protein mixes really well into already cooked oats, and the flavor of the protein isn't overpowering either.

Mixability is also a high point for this protein powder. We all know the struggle of shaking and shaking our shakers only to take a gulp of our shake to find lumps of slimy, lumpy whey in our mouths, which for me always taste pretty awful. I never have any issues with ON Whey, it mixes really well in my protein shaker without a mixing ball or anything of the sort.

----Effectiveness 8-9 ----

Would have to rate this product up there for effectiveness. I mean no protein out there is going to throw muscle on you overnights but this protein powder definitely has helped with my recovery and is a fairly cost effective way to get some extra protein in the system to meet your macro nutrient requirements.

----Value 8 ----

I am very for this product, especially where I am based. While it may seem fairly expensive compared to other products of the same size, for some reason other products all seem to have up to 20 servings less per container than ON whey. This means that while upfront cost may be more pricey the actual cost per serve, which is what most of us are concerned with, is actually relatively low and certainly competitive with any other major brands out there.

----Side Effects 7 ----

No real side effects from me that I've experienced personally. With that said I don't tolerate lots of lactose well, so if you share that trait, you would be best to take this protein with water rather than milk, especially if taking 2 scoops. I do find sometimes that 2 scoops of the protein powder as well as 400ml's of milk can make my stomach feel a little sore for a short period of time.

----Conclusion----

Like I said before, this product for me is the absolute bee's knees. It scores highly with me on all accounts and was voted best selling protein powder for at least the last two years. The only reason I would ever consider switching proteins at this point would be if I went to a dairy free diet, short of that I don't see any reason to change.
           Pros:
           Cons:
          • Chocolate Flavor Rocks
          • Good Amino Acid Profile
          • Good Amino Acid Profile For A Protein
          • Good Flavour Range
          • Mixes Great With Oats
          • Mixes Well
          • No Cons
          jasonstith90
            February 20, 2015

----Ingredient Profile----
          The ingredients are pretty standard and are similar to most of the higher quality proteins out there. As it says in the name, it is 100% whey protein, so don't expect it to take hours to digest. It has 5.5 grams of BCAA's and over 4 grams of glutamic acid and glutamine.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
          I tried the chocolate mint flavor and it was good with water. It tasted great with milk.
          It mixed pretty well. There was usually a little bit of a syrupy substance left at the bottom if I didn't shake it enough.
          Dosing is like every other whey protein. Nothing special.
          ----Effectiveness----
          If I sipped on this towards the end of my workout and finished it right after my workout, than I wouldn't feel sore until later on in the day. It made quite a difference on strength training days.

----Value----
          I paid $33 for a 2lb tub. That is pretty average for a good quality protein.

----Side Effects----
          I did not have any side effects from this. I tested it with a full and empty stomach, with and without pre-workouts, before and after workouts, and first thing in the morning.

----Conclusion----
          Overall. I probably will buy this again in the future. I won't make it a staple in my stack, mostly because I prefer protein mixes with multiple types of proteins to allow for a longer digestion period.
            ShermanTank
              July 16, 2014

Optimum is known for their good quality products. Their 100% Whey protein is no different. It has a solid Amino acid profile to go along with a good protein source.

The two main protein sources you see in this product are Whey Isolate and Whey Concentrate. The only difference between these two is how fast the body utilizes them and how pure they are. Whey Isolate is definitely the better of the two protein sources. however it is expensive, which is why the concentrate is added. Granted the concentrate isn't a bad protein but it takes longer to digest, which in turn means longer for the amino acids to get to work.

Optimum includes more Isolates than they do Concentrates however which still make this a good protein.

EFFECTIVNESS-
            It does what a protein is supposed to do. Which is to deliver a solid dose of protein and amino acids to your system. At 24 grams of protein per serving it definitely does that.

VALUE-
            This is the only category that brings this product down. It is quite expensive. At $111 for ten lbs. You're still looking at around a dollar a serving which defeats the purpose of buying in bulk. It is a good product but none-the-less overpriced.

OVERALL-
            This is a good protein however the value somewhat ruins it. But if you have money and wish to have a good go to protein, then this is for you.

-Sherm
            • Cake Batter Tastes Amazing
            • Price Was A Little High
            allielifts
              March 18, 2014

I discovered SR from a fellow gym-mate who is an active and avid user of SR.

I wanted to review this product because it is one of the main supplements that I use and will continue to use for my training. Many people, especially newbies, do not know where to start or what products are the best. I am writing this review for them!

I have used a couple of other brands and the taste and textures just do not compare to ON's whey. I have used Body Fortress, Dymatize Elite, MuscleTech, and Cellucor (this one is awesome though).

I have been using ON's whey since June 2013 when I started lifting weights.

My diet/exercise routine before ON's whey included a vegetarian diet with moderate amounts of weight training. When I decided I wanted to lift more weights, I realized that I needed to get more protein in my diet as I started to shift from vegetarian to basically a protein overloaded diet. This product has helped me increase my muscle mass and maintain muscle mass throughout my usage of it.

The results I expected were to be minor, but the results that I received were actually better.

After first using this product, I went from a skinny 132 with no muscle and wearing a size 2/4 to weighing 140 with nothing but muscle and still wearing a size 2/4.

There have been no negative side effects to using this product.

The only way this product could be improved would be to offer more flavors.

I will continue to use this product because it tastes great, it mixes perfectly, and it rebuilds my muscles.
            • Cake Batter Tastes Amazing
            • Extereme Milk Chocolate!!
            • No Cons

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.