Shatter SX-7 Reviews

By: MuscleTech

Shatter SX-7 is a Pre-Workout manufactured by MuscleTech. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Overall
Overall
6.7
5.7
  March 1, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Insane Focus
  • Strange Taste

Beta-Alanine (CarnoSyn): 1200 mg
Adenosine 5'- triphosphate disodium (Peak ATP): 200 mg
Caffeine Anhydrous: 160 mg
Nutmeg seed extract (as Myristica fragrans): 100 mg
Sacred lotus seed extract (as Nelumbo nucifera) (supplying 1% higenamine): 40 mg
Holy basil leaf extract (as Ocimum tenuiforum) (supplying 5% tannins): 20 mg
Grains of paradise seed powder (as Aframomum melegueta): 20 mg

first thing, well done to muscletech for fully disclosing the label. But from this we can see that all of the ingredients are under dosed.... but wait! muscletech do advise to take 2 servings.

So I will go over the ingredients that are in 2 scoops

2.4g of carnosyn beta alanine, this is still slightly underdosed, but with it being carnosyn (the highest quality beta alanine available) you still get the benefits. definitely enough to give you those tingles

400mg of Peak ATP. this is a newer ingredient that is being included in some pre workouts now. and this is properly dosed. helps you produce more muscle power. I was intrigued to try a pre workout with this in

320mg caffeine. good amount of caffeine, not the highest amount I have used but definitely felt it. this may be a bit on the high side for people who are more stim tolerant though

Nutmeg seed extract (as Myristica fragrans): 200mg
Sacred lotus seed extract (as Nelumbo nucifera) (supplying 1% higenamine): 80 mg
Holy basil leaf extract (as Ocimum tenuiforum) (supplying 5% tannins): 40 mg
Grains of paradise seed powder (as Aframomum melegueta): 40 mg

all of these ingredients I have little knowledge about, but its good to see companies trying new things when It comes to pre workouts. I believe these ingredients are to help with clean energy, reducing adrenal stress (stress from stimulants etc) and help with focus

I tried the watermelon flavour and it was quite. the initial taste is nice, quite sweet and strong though and then BAM! there is a strange sort of spicy after taste! nothing bad enough to put me off, just have never tasted anything like it. I am sure some people will hate it and others may love it. I wasnt too fussed by it. with two scoops sometimes there can be some clumped sinkers at the bottom of your shaker, just give it another shake and it should be fine. never had any major issues

so after reading the ingredients and knowing that 1 scoop was massively underdosed in the caffeine and beta alanine, I chose to double scoop as is suggested. and I have got to say I was pleasantly surprised. I bought it not expecting much (only bout it as it was in a clearance sale) and was very happy when I got a huge rush of energy that came on quite quickly and good focus. in terms of energy It is probably one of my favourite pres I have used. I use it for my strength training sessions. I feel it definitely helps with my muscle power as well, this is another reason I use it for my strength sessions.

dont take any notice of the ridiculous claims muscletech put on the tub though:
147% increase in muscle strength Subjects gained 8.8 lbs. of lean muscle in 12 weeks
this just isn't going to happen....

like I said earlier, I picked up a couple of tubs for 9 each in a sale and I have to say that I wouldn't have bought them otherwise. normal price is set at about 26 for 30 serves and when you are double scooping as it suggests, it becomes rather costly.

Side Effects

besides the normal beta alanine tingles, I didnt experience anything

Conclusion

A great product if all you are really looking for is energy and focus. beta alanine is slightly underdosed, but you can still feel the effects. taste is odd and may not be for everyone. when using the 2 serving suggestion the product is expensive. and the claims on the tub are ridiculous! if you see any tubs for cheap I would recommend it, but it is definitely not for everyone
  • Watermelon Fusion: 6/10

February 28, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Insane Focus
  • Endurance Was Meh
  • Strength Could Be Better

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
Name is Kaka. I workout regularly 3-4 times a week. I stand at 6'3 and about 180 pounds and i am trying to bulk without gaining fat. I have tried many different supplements and i think i can give you my opinion about them. I was looking for a preworkout without too much caffeine due to the fact that i am pretty stim intolerant.

7.5/10
Pros for no proprietary blends. Pretty simple profile but effective.
I think Musclebuilding & Pump Complex lacks a bit i would like Shatter to had some L-Citruline like 5 grams along with Beta Alanine. I know that i may be nitpicking on this and ask too much but i really like L-Citruline or Citruline Malate on my workouts it never disappoints me in terms of Strength and Endurance. I will explain on the Effectiveness sector why.

Ultimate Musclebuilding & Pump Complex:
Beta Alanine (1200 mg): Raises muscle carnosine levels. Carnosine increases muscle function and performance mainly through its ability to reduce acidity in muscles during prolonged high-intensity exercise.
P.s: Beta-alanine supplementation is not timing-dependent, meaning you don't have to take it right before or right after your workout. Large doses may cause a harmless tingling feeling called paresthesia (the reason i like the relatively low amount of beta alanine).
Adenosine 5'- Triphosphate Disodium (200 mg): Plays a vital role as an 'energy currency' for muscle cells.

Extreme Energy & Focus Complex:
Caffeine Anhydrous (160 mg): Caffeine can increase alertness, sharpen focus, improve mood, boost pain tolerance and help athletes do more work for longer periods in the gym and in sport. I really like the amount of caffeine because i don't want huge amounts of caffeine on my preworkout.
Myristica fragrans (100 mg): Aids the digestion of fats.
Brown algae extract (36 mg): It's full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory.
Holy basil (20 mg): Contains Ursolic acid which helps with muscle's growth,repair and possibly shorter recovery time.
Grains of paradise (20 mg): Mainly for increase of libido and a significant boost of testosterone.

I had Fruit Punch Blast flavor. Pretty good flavor has a bit chemical taste but nothing too overbearing and not too sweet.
I shook this and about 5 secs and the powder disappeared with no clumps or grittiness. One scoop did the job for me no problem at all.

Focus (8.5/10):
It gave me motivation to go to the gym after 5 minutes i drunk this. I was locked in and focused better during my workouts. Each time I would use this I felt like I could dial into my workouts a lot better and want to keep going.

Energy (8/10):
Solid, clean energy every time. It was nothing overly crazy to make you feel jittery which I liked. No crash also pretty good.
If you are stim intolerant you will have probably no problem with this.

Strength (7.5/10):
It lacked a bit on terms of strength for me.
It was moderate it helped me to lift slightly more. Strength was there but i could feel it wasn't enough (i don't know maybe ask for too much)... For about one month i took this stand alone. After this i added 5 grams of L- Citruline. I could lift considerable more, the muscular endurance was way better (9/10) and that's the reason i would like Shatter to have at least 4-5 grams of it. Citruline is very consistent for me for strength and endurance that's why i added it.

7.5/10
I bought this for 25.88 Dollars. It's ok value (0.86 per serving).

Side Effects

Only minor beta tingles. Nothing annoying at all. If you are stim intolerant take this on the morning.

Conclusion

Pretty good product, Clean Energy and Intense Focus but Strength was Moderate. In my opinion there are better products for this price out there but nonetheless it was a pleasant experience.
  • Fruit Punch Blast: 7/10

February 23, 2017

• Taste

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
I am a soccer player in college and I started to take #shatter because I stopped feeling motivated to lift but after I started taking this I really was eager to get in the gym everyday. You can really push yourself to your limits while taking this!

*Creatine Free Pre-workout*
Beta Alanine Carnoysyn (1200 mg)- Delays fatigue during a workout
Adenosine 5'- Triphosphate Disodium (ATP) (200 mg)- Energy for quick and intense activity
Caffeine (160mg)- Equivalent to about 1.5 cups of coffee

The flavor I had was watermelon fusion and although I am not a huge watermelon fan it was actually very good. It reminded me of a liquid version of watermelon sour patches. There was one scoop in a serving which is pretty standard for pre-workouts. There is 1200 mg of Beta Alanine which is about the average or maybe even slightly less than average of other pre-workouts. However, it is still enough to get the job done.

I was very skeptical about how well this pre-workout would work because anytime I see "statistics" on a supplement I automatically believe it to be bs. #Shatter claims that subjects gained 8.8 lbs in 12 weeks while taking it along with a 147% increase in muscle strength. Although I did not quite hit the 8.8 lbs (I got to 7.9lbs) it was still fairly accurate for the most part and I genuinely believe that #Shatter played a good part in that muscle gain because I did not change my diet at all while I was taking it. I noticed that I also seemed a bit more focused while taking this as well. Right before each set I would start to get into my mind that I am going to get X amount of reps no matter what and for the most part I found it to be successful.

#Shatter's price per serving is about $1.17 (30 servings). I did some research and found that this was much higher than most of the other pre-workouts. Out of 120 pre-workouts there were only 20 that were more expensive per serving of 30 servings. Although the price is definitely higher than the vast majority you do get what you pay for here. #Shatter is the only pre-workout that contains ATP so there is a good reason for it to be a little more pricy.

Side Effects

-Slight tingling of the skin due to beta alanine
-Nauseousness and possible diarrhea if you exceed the serving size

Conclusion

Overall I felt that this product worked really well and tasted great but it was still a little out of the budget. I'm sure there are other pre-workouts that could give similar results though.
  • Watermelon Fusion: 8/10

February 6, 2017

• Value
  • Endurance Was Meh
1. How did you find out about SR?
I was looking for a preworkout and i find this site by mistake.
I really liked that this site has legit reviews (not trolls and pay to review).
2. What prompted you to write this review?
Shatter made me a good impression and i thought i can give my opinion.
3. What are your fitness goals?
I am 6.1 feet tall and 160 pounds so i am trying to bulk but without gaining body fat. Eating healthy and trying to avoid fatty foods.
4. What other products are you planning to review?
I am planning to review some intra workouts Compete by Iforce and Amino Build by Muscletech.

My name is Xisas and i workout regularly. I have tried some products from different companies and i thought why not review them and give you my opinion.
I was looking for a pre-workout that would provide me good focus and energy (without creatine, glycerol and without too much caffeine). If i am going to buy one product that contains beta alanine i would like not to get the "tingles" a lot. I figured the reviews were pretty accurate for some products and wanted to get in on the action and find out what all the positive reviews were about.

Ingredient Profile 7.5/10:
Pretty solid profile but nothing special.
I don't care a lot about proprietary blends but i like that nothing is hidden in this product.

Musclebuilding and Pump complex:
Beta Alanine: 1200mg
Adenosine-5-Triphosphate Disodium (ATP): 200 mg
Many people will say that Beta alanine is underdosed but i don't mind because i don't want to get the "tingles" a lot.
ATP could be higher than 200mg maybe 300-400mg.

Extreme Energy and Focus Complex:
Caffeine anhydrous: 160mg
I like the fact that caffeine is not too much in Shatter i won't buy a product that contains too much caffeine.

4 extracts Nutmeg, Holy basil, Grains of paradise, and a type of seaweed called Ecklonia Cava: 176 mg
Nutmeg, though not proven, is in theory supposed to aid the digestion of fats.
Holy basil is a popular herb which contains the compound ursolic acid. Ursolic acid is able to enhance muscle protein synthesis (MPS). MPS is, in short, is the muscle's growth, repair, and response activity to bodybuilding. With holy basil's Ursolic Acid, we can expect harder muscles, and possibly shorter recovery time.
Grains of Paradise, an African spice whose seeds are known to have a variety of weight loss compounds and abilities. Some studies have been done on animals with Grains of Paradise, and have proven an increase of libido and a significant boost of testosterone.
The final ingredient is a form of seaweed called Ecklonia Cava. The first benefit from seaweed itself is that it's a powerhouse of nutrients, an anti-inflammatory and it's full of antioxidants.

Taste (8/10):
Icy Pink Lemonade: Pretty good taste not too much sweetness.

Mixability (10/10):
I dropped a scoop into my shaker and shook. The powder disappeared in 5-7 seconds. No clumps or grittiness. Probably the best mixability i have ever seen in a pre workout.

Dosing (8/10):
One scoop works for me i am not stim junkie no problem at all.

Effectiveness (8/10):

Strength (9/10):
I bought this product for focus and energy but it surprised me positively in terms of strength. I was able to lift considerably more. I think that the big plus in this product is strength.

Energy (8/10):
Pretty nice clean energy that lasted even with one scoop. If you are not "stim junkie" you will have no problem in terms of energy.

Focus (8.5/10):
I really liked that it gave me motivation to go to the gym almost immediately after i drink this beauty. I was focused on my workout and i wanted to lift some weights! Sometimes you won't even notice what happens around you.

Endurance (6/10):
It didn't helped me a lot in terms of endurance. I did not feel less tired between sets as i used to.

Value (8.5/10):

I bought this for 24 Euros (25.88 Dollars) . I think it is pretty good price (0.80 Euro per serving).

Side Effects (9/10):

No side effects at all not even beta "tingles".
Due to caffeine intake take this on the morning.
I workout after 1-2 hours of waking up.

Conclusion

I don't trust Muscletech as a company i have bought some products before that simply disappointed me but Shatter is pretty good product. It helped me in terms of Strength, Energy and Focus. I will buy this again.

June 19, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Insane Focus
1. How did you find out about SR?
One of my friends uses SR religiously for reviews and reviewing supplements himself and recommended me to try it out for myself.

2. What prompted you to write this review?
No one asked me to sign up to review this product or any other. I am doing this on my own volition as I want to let others know how I feel about the products I have tried.

3. What are your fitness goals?
As I stand at 6'5 and about 215 pounds, with a some would say "lanky build", my goal is to bulk and then eventually tone everything up by cutting. Currently I am in the cutting stage, cutting my calories and doing a lot more drop sets and super-sets to really feel the burn. I have been working out for a good year and finished a 3 month bulk about a month ago gaining about 10 pounds. I have made progress over the year but I want to be even bigger, better, and more knowledgeable in the fitness world than I am right now.

4. What other products are you planning to review?
As this is not the first or last supplement I have taken, I plan to continue to review the numerous pre-workouts I have taken as well as proteins and BCAAs.

Name is John. I workout regularly while playing sports for my cardio like basketball and volleyball. As I have tried many different supplements from different retailers, I figured why not review them and let you guys know what I think of them.

What makes Shatter different then most PWOs is that it uses all natural ingredients to make up their formula. If you didnt notice yet, there are 7 key ingredients in Shatter-SX7 which are divided into two "complex" categories. One that helps with muscle building and pump and the other for energy and focus. The 1,200 milligrams of Beta-Alanine and the 200 milligrams of Adenosine-5-Triphosphate Disodium also known as ATP, both fall under the muscle building complex. As for the energy and focus complex, the 160 mg of Caffeine will really wake you up. As for the other 4 ingredients, this is where it gets interesting. 100 milligrams of nutmeg or as they call it "Myristica fragrans" which helps with focus. Along with that, it contains 36 milligrams of brown algae extract, 20 milligrams of holy basil extract, and 20 milligrams of grains of paradise extract... all of which help with energy.

Taste (9/10) Depending on what flavor the get the taste varies but the Blue Raspberry Explosion and Icy Pink Lemonade are my favorite. They're the right amount of sweetness and probably two of the better tasting pre-workouts I've tried.

Mixability (10/10) Once I dropped a scoop into my shaker and shook that bad boy, the powder disappeared in no more than 10 seconds. There are no clumps or grittiness (like some other prewokouts I have tried) considering there's no creatine in this product.

Dosing (7/10) I only gave it a 8 mainly for my high tolerance to caffeine. I started with a one scoop but progressed to 2 scoops, mainly for the reason of not feeling much from 1 scoop after a while.

I would have to say this is one of the more effective pre workouts I have taken.

Focus (9/10): As soon as this products hits (we all know that feeling) the focus you get is crazy. If you have your music playing and working out alone especially, you won't even notice what's going on around you. People have tried talking to me while I was on this product and I've accidentally completely ignored them.

Energy (8/10): With the high dose of caffeine, the energy you get from Shatter is a different animal. After a long day at work, taking this makes me forget about how tired I was. The one downfall is if you take this after 8 pm, goodluck sleeping that night. This stuff will keep you up.

Endurance (9/10): The endurance you get from Shatter is great. I could go through a 2 hour work out and feel like I could easily do another hour of lifting. Just to experiment I've ran while on this and had my best time for 2 miles and wasn't even that tired afterwards which amazed me as I don't run often.

Shatter Sx-7 is kind of on the expensive side but if you have the money, it's definitely a pre workout to try. The cheapest I found was $34.99.

Side Effects

The usual beta-alanine tingles, crazy focus, energy and breaking personal records everyday!!!

Conclusion

I would place Shatter sx-7 on my top 10 for preworkouts especially with it's all natural ingredients. Muscletech also released a newer version of this product called Shatter SX-7 Black Onyx which I have yet to try but if it's any more powerful than this, I can only imagine how much I'll be lifting!

September 22, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Insane Focus
    I can't believe I haven't reviewed this product yet; I've been using it for the past month or so and have been loving it.

Profile-8.5/10
    Caffeine Anhydrous 160.00 mg **
    Myristica fragrans extract (nutmeg) (seed) 100.00 mg **
    Brown algae extract (as Ecklonia cava) (stem and leaf) 36.00 mg **
    Holy basil extract (as Ocimum tenuiflorum) (leaf) 20.00 mg **
    Grains of paradise extract (as Aframomum melegueta) (seed)

A lot of the usual suspects here, BA, caffeine, and some myristica for the focus. I'll skip the basics because most of you already know all about them. The real mystery in this formula is the Adenosine 5’- triphosphate disodium aka ATP. This is what our body uses for energy so naturally I was a little iffy at first; can ATP really be absorbed orally, and if so how bio-available is it? Well I have yet to find any true 100% evidence either for or against it but the MT rep assures me it is bio-available.

Effectiveness-10/10
    First off I take this pre workout the way the rep suggested it to me and I will do the same if I were you. He told me straight up use two scoops and second to dry scoop it(basically putting the scoop right into the mouth and then adding some water an swallowing) it sucked to take it I won't even pretend it didn't. Ok with that all said once I got it down I must say DAMN this pre workout kicks some serious ass. The energy I got from this guy coupled with the endurance was honestly us there with three scoops of the OG Jack3d(never thought I'd say that). Hands down this is my favorite pre workout on the market right now.

Value-5/10
    Ok this is the problem with the product it is not cheap. I got a ton of it for free from the MT rep so for me clearly it's a huge win but for the normal person you're gonna be looking at around $60 per 50 scoops. GNC has it bogo 50% off so you could get 100 scoops for $90 but regardless of how you slice it you'll be looking at just under $2 a workout. Not to say that isn't worth it.

Overall-8.5/10
    Honestly if it wasn't for the high price this would be a 10 hands down. I would 100% recommend you guys try this at least once because it will blow your mind. Overall though it's an insane pre and maybe sometimes you really do get what you pay for.