Re-Kaged Reviews

By: Kaged Muscle

Amino Acids > Recovery
Re-Kaged is a Recovery Product manufactured by Kaged Muscle. It is an amino acid based product that is designed to assist in workout recovery.

November 16, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Recovery
  • Full Disclosure On Label
  • Mixability
  • BetaPower
  • Needs More Scoops
  • Taste
First off I want to thank Kaged Muscle for letting me have the chance to give another one of their products a try. I have really been getting into their products lately and really liking them a lot. I was in the need for more protein and wanted to give this a try since I really enjoyed some of their other products I have used. I really like there approach to how they make their products and try to go more natural.

Ingredients:
I think overall this has a pretty decent profile for a protein product. I give them big props for not using any prop blends in this and that they tell you just how much of everything your getting. I think this has a pretty high amount of proteins in it at 28g whey protein isolate. I really like some of the other things they put in here like the L-Glutamine 3g, BetaPower 1.5g, Creatine HCI 1.5g and Prohydrolase 280mg. The BetaPowder is great for helping with hydration and performance. The Creatine HCI I think is a great creatine that wont make you feel so blotted but I feel the amount they use is way to low and would like to see them up this to around 5g. The Prohydrolase I really like because it helps digest protein into bio-usable form while reducing stomach discomfort. I like they don't use any sugars in this and use stevia instead. I really like how they try to keep this as clean as possible and not put a lot of other junk and artificial stuff in this.

Value:
I did a lot of searching and the price I keep seeing for this is around $35 for 20 servings. I think for 20 serving this is a little high. I would like to see this around the high 20s to 30 dollar range at most. I think if they could up the servings a bit it would help make it a little better value for what you get. Also a larger size tub would be nice also.

Taste:
This comes in one flavor only strawberry lemonade: At first I was excited about trying something a little different than your normal chocolate or vanilla flavor. I was a little unsure just how this flavor would taste in a protein since fruit flavors don't always taste the best in a protein. I will say I was not very impressed with this flavor. It does have a strong taste to it I will say. I think this was just to sweet, tart, and bitter for me. It was ok for awhile but I got tired of it real quick. I like a good tasting protein shake that you can really enjoy and this was something I had to down right away and hard to really enjoy. It did leave kind of a bad after taste in my month which I did not like. It was kind like cotton month it left me. I think if this was just a straight strawberry flavor and the lemonade part was taken out it would have been a little better. It got to the point where I did not want to drink this anymore and was not looking forward to it. I feel there really needs to be some more flavors in this and I did hear from the company they are working on some new flavors which I feel they really need. I would like to keep using it but really need a different flavor because trying to do another tub of this flavor would be hard to stomach for me.

Mixing/Dosing:
Had no issues with this mixing at all. Seemed to mix up right away and no clumping at all. There were a few times that if I did not mix it enough right away I would notice a little bit of grittiness to it but it was easy to fix with a few more shakes. I used this post workout only. One scoop is all you need. They do make the scoop size rather big I noticed.

Effective:
I found this to be a rather effective protein product. This was always really good on my stomach and never caused me any unwanted stomach issues. It does have prohydrolase in it which helps with digestive issues and any unwanted stomach issues. Never did I feel all bloated like in the stomach which was nice. Also there were no unwanted bathroom issues while taking this. I think while on this my recovery always felt a lot better and was very much improved. After some of my much harder workouts I never felt that extra soreness I might get which was nice. I know my DOMs where always a lot better and almost un noticeable. At times this made me wonder if I was really working out hard enough with the way it made feel. I know after taking this it really took away a bit of my appetite which I was fine with because a lot of the time I would not be eating for awhile after I got done working out. I think this really helped lean me out more and helped me pack on a little more muscle mass. I know my muscles started to look more define and cut since this was helping me to lean out more. I know I had a few people ask me if I was losing weight and I said no I think I am just leaning out more. Right now I am trying to bulk more and gain more size. I have been doing a lot of semi heavy lifting and do 10-12 rep range on all my lifts. I feel this helped me a lot more at gaining more strength not in terms of helping me break any PR's but be able to push around some of that heavier weight for those higher reps I was doing with a little more ease. They say this product is better if you can stack it with their other products and I was not able to do that because I had gotten this later on after using some of their other products. How much of a difference it would have made by stacking this with their other products at the same time I don't know. I know by using it on it's own it still seemed to be pretty effective I thought.

Side Effects:
Nothing that I noticed.

Overall:
I felt overall this was a pretty effective protein product. I feel it did most everything I look for in a protein product. It's nice knowing your getting a more clean product that's not filled with a lot of other junk you don't need or want. This is for sure a product I would use again but need some other flavors I can better stomach. I would like to see them up the number of servings to at least 30 or make a larger size tub. If you get a chance to try this I would highly recommend doing so. I think most people that use this will be pleased with the results they will get from this. Again I want to give a big shout out to Kaged Muscle for making another great product and letting me try it.
  • Strawberry Lemonade: 4/10

July 27, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Full Disclosure On Label
  • Mixability
  • BetaPower
  • Addition Of Creatine May Be A Con For Some
  • Taste
Big shout out to Kaged Muscle, to becoming a big time player in the supplement world. There are companies that I see come into the circuit, only to disappear due to bad marketing, poor quality ingredients or just bad overall perception. Then there's those few that stay around, and really make an impact in your workout training. Now, as everyone should know, this is just a "supplement". Therefore, dont rely solely on this to see immediate results. However, most of us don't have the time to "eat" enough clean protein to maintain or even make gains, so we supplement, for that fact to get enough of something, in this case protein.

=================================
Ingredients: A-: Well its pretty damned closed to perfect in terms of protein and other ingredients. You get 20 servings. Here are the pros:

Glutamine: 3g
Protein Isolate: 28g
Prohydrolase Digestive Enzyme: 280mg
betaine anhydrous 1.5g

The Cons:

Creatine 1.5g, even at HCI its not enough to matter. So either go full with the 5g of creatine or just leave it out. No need to throw it in half a$$.

Now I also like that they use Stevia instead of sugar, or other flavoring. Also Beet Root Extract for color rather than Artificials.

Pretty damned solid. No prop blend, everything is straight forward.
=================================

Taste: C+: Okay so heres the thing that got to me. I got the Strawberry Lemonade flavor and I thought it was way too tarty and way too sweet. It mixed wonderfully, fully dissolved, but the sweetness was overwhelming, where at times it made me feel like I was going to gag or throw up. It was very hard to drink this down and enjoying it.

=================================

Effectiveness: B+: So this product delivered on a few levels for me. First I would like to say that I am doing a KB workout. Where I am doing a 5 week training with 2 day breaks of KB movements, swings, flys, squats, etc. I also substitute some Pull Ups and Dips into the workout as well as pushups, but most of the workout is around the KB. I wanted to change things up, was getting bored with the same old routine. I used this Protein post workout in this dimension and can base my results solely on that.

Strength: B: So since I went away from the heavy compound movements, I assume that my strength would suffer, however, that was not the case. After every workout, I would supplement with this protein then do about 20g of Gatorade for the Insulin Spike and muscle absorption increase. Over the period of 30 days I noticed that not only did my strength not faulter, but it also increased. There were times where every week I wanted to test my 1 rep maxes on DL , Squat and Bench, and every single time I was able to go at the same weight but for more reps. Also on my KB workout side, I was able to move up from a 35lb KB to a 45lb KB workout. Which might not seem like a lot but in KB it is.

Recovery: A+: So the one thing that people who switch routines might notice, esp from a KB workout, is your body will be sore. Your core, back, legs, everything, extremely sore. It was the good kind of sore but at the same time very painful and was hard to go from workout to workout. Now, in the first week I did not notice much change, but in the following 3 weeks, I did notice an increased rate in recovery. Where my body was adapting more and more to the workouts and I was not feeling as sore as I was initially. This really made a big difference in the workouts.

Now I wasnt able to really build muscle on this product, however, it did help me with leaning out which in fact actually made my muscles look more defined and visible, so in reality I guess I can say that it did help me build muscles.

=================================

Value: 8.0 - Okay so $35 for 20 servings. Now that might seem a bit steep, however in terms of quality proteins you cant really look at the price tag. I can understand the 20 servings, well because lets be honest no one works out 7 days a week 30 days a month. I say its pretty fair.

=================================

Overall: 8.5 - Solid Protein. Will def become a staple of my routine, if only the taste would be better.

July 24, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • BetaPower
  • Addition Of Creatine May Be A Con For Some

What's up everyone! Another review here sorry haven't been posting. Interviews and working over 60 hours is killing me on time but yeah I'll get better. First off Thank you very much SR TROOP PROGRAM and KAGED for sending me this post workout.

Background
Current stats
Height: 5'7///5'8 on a good day
Weight:210
Occupation: Steelworker(manual physical labor)
Squat:490
Bench:345(poverty)
Dead:530
Program:Sheiko
Diet:Carb Backloading
Stack:Whey, Leucine, mk677, creatine, waxy maize

I put my body thru the ringer constantly between work and powerlifting. I'm always on the search for supplements that aid in recovery.

The ingredient profile on this doesn't impress me other than the amount of BCAA's in it. The creatine hcl is dosed at 1.5 grams which when I was taking their brand of this I was taking almost 3 grams post workout. The thing that I do enjoy is that all of their ingredients are natural and NO SOY or fillers with this. Overall the dosages on some ingredients, such as the glutamine could have been a solid 5 grams instead of three(yes I'm being petty, I know its a habit), could be better but the fact that these are quality ingredients and no prop blends is a big two thumbs up in my book.

I had the strawberry lemonade and it wasn't good at all. It was DELICIOUS! Seriously I wish this just came in huge jugs that I could buy from the grocery store. I could drink on this for months. I would take this post workout along with an unflavored waxy maize. It says on the directions to have it upon rising as well. I only did this a couple times due to the amount of servings and wanted it to last for a post workout supplement.

This is where the product shined I feel. Along with my added waxy maize my DOMs were almost unnoticeable until the next day. The quality protein helped me in recovery and made for a good run. I had no g.i issues with this at all which usually post workouts and mass gainers I seem to have a lot of. I noticed increased recovery taking this compared to my normal stack of whey protein and creatine mono. Overall I was pretty surprised with how well it worked.

With the amount of servings I feel the value is in the "meh" category. With the price being $35 and only 20 servings(always seems to be the norm in this category) I'm not going to jump over the counter to get my hands on it. At $1.75 a serving its good but I would rather buy a tub at around $1.20 or less for more servings in it as well.

Side Effects

No side effects which again is always a positive. No g.i issues nor bloat.

Conclusion

My conclusion on this product is it isn't perfect but its on its way to being a great addition to any supplement stack. POPS OUT
  • Strawberry Lemonade: 7/10

July 22, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Recovery
  • Full Disclosure On Label
  • BetaPower
  • Taste

As you can tell from my other reviews I am a KAged Muscle fan. Im also a lifter/fitness enthusiast so with those 2 things in mind I had to grab a protein supplement that was offered by KM.

As with all of the products I have used so far from KM they disclose everything on their labels and they strive to use all natural ingredients and keep it as clean as possible. The fat content(3g) in this comes from coconut and sunflower product, 5 grams of carbs, 28grams of whey isolate, 1.5 grams of both Creatine HCL and Betaine, 3 grams of glutamine, and an added digestive enzyme.

Strawberry Lemonade..... I was skeptical from the beginning about this flavor and or good reason. Its hard to make a fruity/citrusy protein taste right in my opinion. If you used ice cold water to mix this with then it was drinkable but anything other than ice cold water and this became vomit inducing to try and choke down. Mixing was alright no big clumps, but also not extremely fine mixing. Dosing I used was once scoop immediately post workout.

I felt like the protein with the extra additives performed well as a protein supplement, but with protein I want to enjoy drinking it. I drink this post workout so having to fight back barf after a tough workout isn't ideal, but that's my only gripe with this protein. The digestive enzymes were welcomed and always felt like the protein digested well.

$35 for 20 servings of whey isolate is a little above average, but throw in the few extras and the fact that the amount of protein is 4-5grams higher than most others in the category and I think the price point is fair.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Like someone else mentioned I would like to see KM add in a couple other flavors, and no need to get creative. Just get a solid clean chocolate and vanilla and I think this product would be great. Also would like to see bigger jugs if they do something about the flavor.
  • Strawberry Lemonade: 5/10

Overall
Overall
6.8
  July 20, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • BetaPower
  • Full Disclosure On Label
  • Mixability
  • High-quality Ingredients
  • Needs More Scoops
  • Too Expensive For Some
  • Taste
  • Change The Scooper

Introduction + Ingredient Profile

Another Kaged Muscle review, this one was my fourth product of theirs I have tried. As all the other Kaged Muscle products I have tried, Re-Kaged also uses all high-quality/patented ingredients. This contains 28 g of non-GMO whey protein isolate, 3 g of additional fermented glutamine, 1.5 g of BetaPower, 1.5 g of patented creatine HCl, and 280 mg of Prohydrolase which is a patented digestive enzyme blend. Kaged Muscle is one of the best I have seen as far as stuffing as many patented ingredients into their products.

The rest of the ingredient profile is not the cleanest as it contains 160 calories per scoop, 2 g of fat and 6 g of carbs. Coconut oil powder is used, so that is a majority of the fat content and there is stevia used, so that would probably contribute to the 3 g of sugar. From the Kaged website, all together there are 6 g of BCAAs and 7 g of glutamine per scoop.

Taste 4/10: Strawberry Lemonade protein. This was by far the worst tasting of the pre/in/re-kaged series. For me, I am all about the basic vanilla/chocolate protein powders. I normally do not care for fruit tasting protein powders, they always taste off to me. I really did not care for the flavor of this. It only got worse as the days went on consuming it. From the first day on, I never looked forward to having this after a workout. I would really suggest saving the fruit flavors to their pre and in-kaged and go with a chocolate option for protein.

Mixability 9/10: This mixed fine for such a large scoop of product. Not many issues with clumps or settling with this.

Dosing 5/10: I have two complaints about their dosing. The first complaint is that they tell the consumer to take two servings of this protein daily. They do not suggest taking 1-3 servings based on your protein needs or something along the lines of that like you see with other proteins. To your experienced supplement user, this is not that big of a deal. However, for someone who is new to supplementation, they will most likely follow the directions as stated and to me at least, waste their money. With only 20 servings contained in the tub, that lasts ten days. Not even ten workouts because they state to consume twice on off days as well. That is crazy. My second gripe about this dosing category is that the scooper they provide is huge. It is a 47 g scoop and if you use a standard blender bottle, the scooper is just as wide as the bottle itself. You have to have the most steady hand otherwise you waste some of the product. I had to find a bigger bottle just so it would not be as awkward to pour. I think they should use a smaller scooper and call for a two scoop serving. I do not think that is rocket science.

I thought Re-Kaged was pretty good as far as the effectiveness is concerned. Digestibility was never an issue with their whey isolate and Prohydrolase. Recovery was alright, there may have been a subtle difference while using this as opposed to using a standard whey isolate. Since this is meant to be stacked with their other products, you will find an additional 2 g of BetaPower and 1.5 g of creatine HCl in Pre-Kaged. Since I ran all three products at separate times, I was never able to assess the true effectiveness of the stack.

Here is where this product really suffers. I have not seen this product too far under $35 for 20 servings, not including any applicable shipping. Yes, I understand that they use a lot of superior ingredients, but it is still $1.75/serving for a product that may have worked better than a standard whey isolate. If someone consumes this product they way that Kaged Muscle states to take it, you are looking at $35 for ten days worth of protein at $3.50/day. Again, for the experienced supplement user you are most likely not going to consume this twice a day, but still has to be noted.

Side Effects

Nada.

Conclusion

It is too bad I could not write a better review of Re-Kaged because I do like the Kaged Muscle line. They back all of their ingredients used with studies on their website and do not use a lot of questionable ingredients (dyes, artificial flavors, ace K, soy, etc.). I just saw too many flaws with Re-Kaged. The scooper needs to be changed, they need to add flavors, offer more servings per container, as well as the fact that they want you to use this in a three-product stack. With Re-Kaged, I do not feel any minimal additional recovery time I may have received from this warranted the $1.75/serving price tag. As always, thank you to Kaged Muscle for allowing me to try this.
  • Strawberry Lemonade: 4/10

July 5, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Recovery
  • Full Disclosure On Label
  • Too Expensive For Some

Whats up SR TROOPERS!!! Another review for a Kaged Muscle supplement "Re-Kaged". I've done a few other reviews for Kaged Muscle in the past seeing great effectiveness/results. Protein seems to be the big hitter in reviews, so when this became available I grabbed it quick. During the duration of this review I was training 5-6 days a week focusing on hypertrophy/strength gainz.

Claim: RE-KAGED is a game-changing anabolic protein that you can't live without if you are serious about adding size and strength.

The ingredient profile is very simple with no proprietary blends. The protein content is 28g of Whey Isolate (protein concentration of 90% or higher). Other ingredients include L-Glutamine 3g, BetaPower 1.5g, Creatine HCI 1.5g and Prohydrolase 280mg.

Prohydrolase (Digestive Enzyme Blend)- Helps digest protein into bio-usable form while reducing stomach discomfort. http://deerlandenzymes.com/prohydrolase/

BetaPower (Betaine Anhydrous)- A purified form of betaine which promotes hydration and performance.

Taste - There is only 1 current flavor of Re-Kaged (Strawberry Lemonade). Overall this is one of the best tasting protein products I've ever tasted. To me this tasted like a sweet strawberry lemonade smoothie. Taste gets a 9.5/10

Mixability - I had no issues what-so-ever with clumping or settling at anytime. The mixability was on point all of the time. Overall mixability gets a 9.5/10

Dosing- The tub says to mix 1 scoop (47g) into 8-12 oz of water and mix in shaker cup. Take 1 serving upon waking in the morning and 1 after training. For the review I used 1 scoop after working out and non workout days I used 1 scoop first thing in the morning. Dosing gets an 8/10

Its hard to judge the effectiveness of protein supplements however this wasn't the case for Re-Kaged. I noticed no stomach/digestability issues, that's usually an issue for me when using whey products. In terms of recovery I noticed faster recovery than usual especially after leg training sessions. I also noticed some strength gains but nothing over the top. Some people may or may not like the addition of 1.5g of Creatine HCI per serving. My personal feeling is that I'm all for the addition of Creatine HCI since I've seen good results using it.

I was able to find 20 serving tubs of Re-Kaged for around $35 on a few different online retailers. Per serving your going to pay around $1.75, this may is a little high but it's really not too bad. However if you go by the dosing protocol on the tub it does turn out to be a high price point. Overall I'd be willing to pay up for a product like this based on effectiveness.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion I gave Re-Kaged an 8.5/10 based on a few different categories. The biggest downfall is price per serving and total servings (20). I'd like to see more servings and maybe more flavors in the future. Besides that, this product delivered in terms of effectiveness, taste and ingredient profile. The claim of Re-Kaged being a protein you can't live without is close to being true if it wasn't for the price/servings.
  • Strawberry Lemonade: 9/10