(Better than 33% in Blended Protein)

PRICES (7)
(5 sv) - [$1.40/sv]

BodyBuilding.com

(1 lb) - [$14.99/lb]

Amazon

Stacked Protein is a Blended Protein Powder manufactured by EVLution Nutrition. It contains a blend of different types of protein and will promote lean muscle mass and fat loss.

Protein > Blended Protein

August 21, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Tasting
  • Good On Digestion
  • Propietary Blend

This was the first protein blend that I had ever tried. I had always used Gold Standard (which I guess is technically a blend but only of fast digesting proteins) and impact whey so I was excited to try a proper blend of fast and slow digesting proteins. I considered Combat whey by musclepharm but the amino spiking allegations turned me off so I chose this product because I am generally a fan of EVL products and it is basically a clone of combat powder according to the ingredient list.

The main feature is the 5 protein blend consisting of (in order of most common to least) whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, whey protein hydroslate, casein, and egg white protein. While this is a pretty good list of proteins, hitting all of the marks for me as far was what kind of quality proteins I want to be putting in my body in a shake, I really do not like how the exact ratio of the proteins is non disclosed. For me, this leads to paranoia that its about 95% fast digesting proteins and only 5% casein and egg white proteins (especially because it is not notably thicker than any other whey concentrate on mixing). I have no problem with fast digesting proteins after or before a workout but the problem comes when you want to use it between meals, before bed, etc.

The point of a protein blend with slower digesting proteins is that it will keep you in an anabolic state longer but if the anabolic state is really diminished by just having one or two of the proteins being dominant then it is no better than any other whey protein concentrate in my opinion.

The other things on this ingredient label that I do like is the glutamine blend added in and the proteases near the bottom of the label. The glutamine is sort of accessory and neat but I like having the protease blend in the protein to aid some in digestion.

Taste/Mixability

The taste and mixability of this protein really are top notch, up there with the gold standard protein which I consider to be top tier. I usually put 1-1.5 scoops into about 1.25 cups of water and after shaking for just about 10 seconds it was just as smooth as any protein that I have had.

As far as taste, I got the chocolate decadence and the chocolate peanut butter. The chocolate decadence was just about the most boiler plate basic chocolate protein that we have all had a million times. It was not bad, but it certainly wasn't something that I would buy again based just on taste. The chocolate peanut butter was great and one of the better tasting proteins that I have had. If I order another tub of stacked protein this is likely the flavor that I would go with.

You know I have never really noticed that a single protein brand has given me better results than another brand. I have always been a person who kind of thinks that as long as you are getting some sort of fast digesting protein into your body post workout you will be just fine. With that being said, I think that over the past 2 months of using this protein I would say that the results have been positive. I would typically do 1 scoop preworkout with an apple and 1.5 scoop post workout with some gummy bears or marshmallows. I have noticed that my recovery has been just about the same as it was with any other protein but my performance in gym and ability to retain muscle mass while dropping weight has increased. Whether this is placebo or due to some outside factor is entirely possible as well. Since starting this protein I have cut calories some and tried to drop some body fat. I have noticed that this protein helped some more than the impact whey by myprotein did when I tried the same thing with that protein, but I wouldn't say it merits a purchase based on that. A million other factors could have contributed to this being the case for me.

The value is just about what I would expect for protein nowadays. Not overly cheap but not too expensive either when compared to its contemporaries. Bodybuilding.com has a basically permanent "2 for $75" sale on their site for the 4lb size option (98 servings total). Like I said, not on the cheaper end of proteins but not outrageous in my mind.

Conclusion

Overall, I think that this a solid protein choice and that anyone who bought it would not regret their purchase. However, I think that on my next protein purchase I will try and opt for a non proprietary blend.
  • Chocolate Peanut Butter: 9/10
  • Chocolate Decadence: 7/10

Other Prices:
Amazon   $14.99

March 16, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Great Tasting

Hello all, I am a 26 year old firefighter from the Cleveland area. I have been working out consistently for quite a few years now. I thoroughly enjoy trying all different types of supplements and I hope my reviews can help you decide on a product you have been thinking of trying!

I like this proteins ingredient profile because it is "stacked" as the name implies. Lets first start off with protein itself. The protein is a blend of 5 different protein sources: Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Hydrolysate, Micellar Casein, Egg White Protein. The different proteins allow for different stages of protein breakdown. This allows you a protein works over time rather than rapidly. I like that because of the flexibility it allows me to drink at different times of the day. There is also 5 grams of BCAA's and 5 grams of glutamine which I definitely like.

I bought the gingerbread flavor and it was fantastic! The flavor was spot on to a delicious gingerbread cookie! I drank it with milk and it was a treat every single time. It mixed perfectly with no settling or clumps left over. The dosing seemed perfect to me for a 1 scoop serving. The 2 pound tub comes with 24 servings.

I think this protein is quite effective. I have noticed good muscle increases while using it. I definitely think the 5 grams of glutamine and 5 grams of BCAA's have aided in recovery. It was the only protein supplement I used during my 2 tubs!

I have found this product to be around $30 for a 2 pound tub on most websites. I got my tubs 2 for $30 on a black friday deal at bodybuilding.com. I think this supplement is worth the price. Keep an eye out because they often through buy one get one free deals on this product on various websites.

Side Effects

I noticed no side effects or unwanted results during my usage of this supplement. I used 2 tubs.

Conclusion

I highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a solid protein. If you are looking for a protein that will breakdown during a longer period of time definitely give this stuff a try. There are always great deals out there and the taste is awesome! It feels like your eating a dessert everytime! I give a thumbs up to EVLUTION for creating a solid protein supplement in a market that is definitely saturated!
    • Gingerbread: 10/10

Other Prices:
    Amazon   $14.99

February 5, 2017

Cons:
    • Good
    • Good Recovery
    • Great Tasting

Hello I'm a gym enthusiast who has been working out for 3 years. I have been playing soccer most of my life so I consider myself and active person. I have take protein for the past 3 years since I started working out and have been reading a lot on protein since then.

25G COMPLETE PROTEIN COMPLEX -

Multi-Stage 5 Protein Blend of fast, medium and slow release proteins. This means that your body is going to get fed for a long period of time.

5G GLUTAMINE + 5G BCAA / SERVING

This is a fantastic combination if you are going to drink this before bed. It will provide your muscles with the protein to regenerate plus Glutamine that you will need after a intense workout. There is a whole article on this in this website I recommend you read over. BCAA will help you recover quicker too. This is all standard stuff ... Although they add the Glutamine as extra the BCAA comes with the protein.

I mix this with milk ... and I love peanut butter ... so for obvious reasons i picked the chocolate peanut butter flavor. I do have to shake it for a bit for the powder to resolve but it's worth it ... and you get a workout just doing it ;) I do really like the taste of this blend.

Like all Blends this product does what it's supposed to do. Feed your body protein throughout give or take 8 hours and than provide some Glutamine and BCAA to help you with recovery.

Right now you can by 2lb of Chocolate Peanut butter for $34.98($17.49/Pound) it's not bad, there are cheaper out there. If you buy a 4lb (49 servings) of this stuff you will pay $53.97 ($13.49 / Pound) that's a lot better and more competitive with the others. Although, If you compare it with the blend that is currently on top at this moment you get 5 grams per scoop less and it's a bit more expensive. They do add the Glutamine blend but they do not mention anything about the BCAA so the number you see in the advertisement comes off naturally from the protein, no bargain there :(.

Side Effects

I have not noticed any or I might just be used to taking protein. You might burp a little if you drink it to fast because it's that good. Obviously if you mix it with milk like I do before bed you should warn your significant other that the bed will be warmer at night :).

Conclusion

I really like this product so far for its taste ... the price for 4lb is ok but I feel like there are better bargains out there. If you love Peanut butter flavor I really did enjoy the taste. I don't think personally I will be purchasing this product again since I'm very into getting the most for the money and this is product is very average price per value.
    • Chocolate Peanut Butter: 10/10

June 27, 2016

• Taste
    • Good
    • Good Recovery
    • Good On Digestion
      First off I want to thank EVL Sports for letting me have the chance to try their protein. I was in the need of some more protein and have been wanting to give this a try. I have tried a few of their other product before and liked them. I seen there were no reviews on here for this yet and I contacted them about wanting to help them out by getting a review up for this and the rep was more than happy to hook me up with this. Not only did he want to send me this to try and review he asked me if I wanted the 2lb or 4lb container. I said if it's ok I would like the 4lb container and he set me that.

Ingredients:
      It seems to have a fairly decent profile to it. This is made up of 25g protein blend. You get whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, whey protein hydrolysate, Micellar casein, and egg white protein. Also I like the that you get 5g of glutamine. 11g of naturally occurring EAAs. 5g BCAA support. 2.6g of leucine. It also has a advanced digestive blend to support absorption. It's also nice that this is not very high in sodium and cholesterol.

Value:
      The cheapest I could find this was on bodybuilding.com. A lot of the sites I usually shop at did not have this product or they did not carry this product line which surprised me. On bodybuilding.com they want for the 4lb tub $46.99 for 40 servings. That I do not think is to bad a price. I think it maybe just a little high for this considering your only getting 49 servings. Still not to bad but maybe just a little high.

Taste:
      This comes in 5 flavors, vanilla ice cream, cookies & cream, chocolate peanut butter, chocolate decadence, and birthday cake. The flavor I had was chocolate peanut butter. It was decent on taste. It's not a super strong taste to it. It was enjoyable to drink but I think the taste could be just a little stronger. You do notice the chocolate and peanut butter mix and reminds you of a reeses peanut butter cup.

Mixing/Dosing:
      Had no issues at all with it mixing. The powder in this is very fine like and reminded me of sugar but without the grittiness to it like sugar has. Dosing is pretty simple and can be taken a few different ways. The way I normally took this was right after my workouts. There a few time where I felt I needed a little more recovery so I took it before bed. You could also take this right away in the morning. I mixed this mostly with water and a few times at night before bed with milk. I thought it tasted good in both water or milk.

I have used a few blended protein products before and have really enjoyed them a lot and feel they have a good purpose. The biggest thing I look for is how well it digests in your system and what kind of recovery it gives you. This was really good on my stomach for the most part and never really caused me any unwanted digestive issues except for a couple of times. This does have an advanced digestive blend in it to help with digest and I feel it helped. Also I had no real bloating to deal with while I used this. Most of the time I felt pretty good after taking this but there were a couple times where I felt I had to hit the bathroom shortly after taking it. This only happened a few times where I got this really bad gas build up in my bladder area and felt like I really had to use the bathroom. Like I said it only happened a couple of times and why it did this I don't know and glad it only happened a couple of times. When mixed this was very smooth and very easy to drink. No thickness to this or clumps at all. Usually when I would take this I could really feel it took some of my appetite away and made me feel more full. That was good if I new I would not be able to eat any regular food for awhile. I feel my recovery on this was pretty good. Lately I have been hitting the weights really hard and been going a lot heavier on my sets than normal and I feel this has really helped me with that and helped keep my DOMS way down. I think since I started taking this it has helped me pack on more size and muscle mass. I like how this can be used a few different ways instead of just post workout. I think over all it has a decent amount of protein at 25g. Would I prefer blend proteins more so than just regular whey no but it is kind of nice for a change once in awhile.

Side Effects:
      The only issue was what I had posted in the effectiveness part with the little bit of bathroom issue. By no means did this change my opinion of this product at all or made me not like it or not want to use it anymore. This I think was just a rare thing that just happened to happen to me a couple of times and why I don't know. Maybe it had nothing to do with this protein but I kind of think it was.

Overall:
      I thought overall this was a decent protein for me. If your looking for more of a blended protein then I would recommend giving this a try. It not going to be a protein that will really wow you in terms of effectiveness but it will help get the job done. I really like the idea behind blended proteins and like how they can be used in more ways than just post workout. I would consider giving this another try if I get a chance and find it at a decent price. Again I want to give a big shout out to Evlution Nutrition for not only letting me try this but letting me have their 4lb tub instead of 2lb.
      • Chocolate Peanut Butter: 8/10