Overall Score:   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #21 of 51 (better than 60%) in
Protein > Blended Protein

Stacked Protein is a Blended Protein Powder manufactured by EVLution Nutrition. It contains a blend of different types of protein and will promote lean muscle mass and fat loss.
COMPARE SIMILAR

workoutguru
  June 27, 2016

First off I want to thank EVL Sports for letting me have the chance to try their protein. I was in the need of some more protein and have been wanting to give this a try. I have tried a few of their other product before and liked them. I seen there were no reviews on here for this yet and I contacted them about wanting to help them out by getting a review up for this and the rep was more than happy to hook me up with this. Not only did he want to send me this to try and review he asked me if I wanted the 2lb or 4lb container. I said if it's ok I would like the 4lb container and he set me that.

Ingredients:
It seems to have a fairly decent profile to it. This is made up of 25g protein blend. You get whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, whey protein hydrolysate, Micellar casein, and egg white protein. Also I like the that you get 5g of glutamine. 11g of naturally occurring EAAs. 5g BCAA support. 2.6g of leucine. It also has a advanced digestive blend to support absorption. It's also nice that this is not very high in sodium and cholesterol.

Value:
The cheapest I could find this was on bodybuilding.com. A lot of the sites I usually shop at did not have this product or they did not carry this product line which surprised me. On bodybuilding.com they want for the 4lb tub $46.99 for 40 servings. That I do not think is to bad a price. I think it maybe just a little high for this considering your only getting 49 servings. Still not to bad but maybe just a little high.

Taste:
This comes in 5 flavors, vanilla ice cream, cookies & cream, chocolate peanut butter, chocolate decadence, and birthday cake. The flavor I had was chocolate peanut butter. It was decent on taste. It's not a super strong taste to it. It was enjoyable to drink but I think the taste could be just a little stronger. You do notice the chocolate and peanut butter mix and reminds you of a reeses peanut butter cup.

Mixing/Dosing:
Had no issues at all with it mixing. The powder in this is very fine like and reminded me of sugar but without the grittiness to it like sugar has. Dosing is pretty simple and can be taken a few different ways. The way I normally took this was right after my workouts. There a few time where I felt I needed a little more recovery so I took it before bed. You could also take this right away in the morning. I mixed this mostly with water and a few times at night before bed with milk. I thought it tasted good in both water or milk.

I have used a few blended protein products before and have really enjoyed them a lot and feel they have a good purpose. The biggest thing I look for is how well it digests in your system and what kind of recovery it gives you. This was really good on my stomach for the most part and never really caused me any unwanted digestive issues except for a couple of times. This does have an advanced digestive blend in it to help with digest and I feel it helped. Also I had no real bloating to deal with while I used this. Most of the time I felt pretty good after taking this but there were a couple times where I felt I had to hit the bathroom shortly after taking it. This only happened a few times where I got this really bad gas build up in my bladder area and felt like I really had to use the bathroom. Like I said it only happened a couple of times and why it did this I don't know and glad it only happened a couple of times. When mixed this was very smooth and very easy to drink. No thickness to this or clumps at all. Usually when I would take this I could really feel it took some of my appetite away and made me feel more full. That was good if I new I would not be able to eat any regular food for awhile. I feel my recovery on this was pretty good. Lately I have been hitting the weights really hard and been going a lot heavier on my sets than normal and I feel this has really helped me with that and helped keep my DOMS way down. I think since I started taking this it has helped me pack on more size and muscle mass. I like how this can be used a few different ways instead of just post workout. I think over all it has a decent amount of protein at 25g. Would I prefer blend proteins more so than just regular whey no but it is kind of nice for a change once in awhile.

Side Effects:
The only issue was what I had posted in the effectiveness part with the little bit of bathroom issue. By no means did this change my opinion of this product at all or made me not like it or not want to use it anymore. This I think was just a rare thing that just happened to happen to me a couple of times and why I don't know. Maybe it had nothing to do with this protein but I kind of think it was.

Overall:
I thought overall this was a decent protein for me. If your looking for more of a blended protein then I would recommend giving this a try. It not going to be a protein that will really wow you in terms of effectiveness but it will help get the job done. I really like the idea behind blended proteins and like how they can be used in more ways than just post workout. I would consider giving this another try if I get a chance and find it at a decent price. Again I want to give a big shout out to Evlution Nutrition for not only letting me try this but letting me have their 4lb tub instead of 2lb.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste
  • Good
  • Good Recovery
  • Good On Digestion
    • Chocolate Peanut Butter: 8/10

• mhseaver670
      June 27, 2016

Been wanting to try this myself.

• MarsheS
      June 28, 2016

Nice review. I would just like to add that the value is alright, most 4 pound proteins are around that price, it's 49-50 servings. But there's an even better value though, Bodybuilding has 6 pounds of EVL Stacked Protein + 10 extra servings for $55.98. Btw, nice strategy to get the protein hahaha.