Overall Score:   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #45 of 92 (better than 52%) in
Weight Loss > Thermogenics

LeanMode is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by EVLution Nutrition. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.
COMPARE SIMILAR

eller44
  March 2, 2015

Picked this up on sale at BB.com awhile back on sale, buy 150 caps get 2 30 caps free. I was interested in trying something by evlution nutrition and this looked like a decent product to try out!

Ingredient Profile 8
This is has almost everything I look for in a non-stim fat-burner.

Garcinia Cambogia Extract 500 mg
(std. min. 60% HCA) (fruit rind)
Green Coffee Bean Extract 500 mg
CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) 500 mg
Acetyl-L-Carnitine 500 mg
Green Tea Leaf Extract 250 mg
(std. min. 60% EGCG)

I really like Acetyl-L-Carnitine because it is more easily taken into the muscles and brain even without the carbs which are neccessary for L-Carnitine to be properly transported. Also CLA and Green Tea are two of my favorite fat burning supps. The Garinia Cambogia is new to me so this was my first experience with this ingredient. From what I have read It blocks an enzyme called citrate lyase, which your body uses to make fat. It also raises levels of the brain chemical serotonin, which may make you feel less hungry.

Dosing - 6
All this being said I did not like the dosing of the ingredients. Normally I take 500mg of Green tea 2-3 times daily and I like at least 2g of CLA and 1.5g of Acetyl-L-Carnitine per day. So I took 4 caps 3 times daily (30mins before each main meal) to bump these numbers to where I wanted them.
My daily doses were as follows:

Garcinia Cambogia 2g
Green Coffee Bean 2g
CLA 2g
Acetyl-L-Carnitine 2g
Green Tea Leaf 1g

Effectiveness - 8.5

(rated 1-5)
Appetite Suppression 5 - this was my favorite part about this product. I noticed I was not nearly as hungry as usual and I felt full after just 1 plate of food typically. I didn't have the desire to snack all day which was nice.
Fat burning 4 - I lost about 2lbs after taking this for 3 weeks but I was definitely more toned and I would guess I lost around 2 percent BF.
Energy 2 - I didn't notice too much effect on my energy during my workout (expected because there's no stims) but I did have a minor increase in overall energy throughout the day.
Mood 2 - Didn't notice much here. Could be different for everyone but I felt about the same as always...which is mostly cheerful! :)

Value - 6.5

The way I dosed it which is what I recommend for anyone over 200lbs. (3 caps 3x daily under 200lbs IMO) made it substantially more expensive. I got 210 caps for $27 (with the deal at BB.com) which made it 1.56 a day. This did work pretty good for me so I didn't mind it being a little costly but without finding a deal on it like I did it would be too much.

Side Effects - 9
nothing worth mentioning here except I did have some bad tasting burbs on occasion.

Conclusion
This can be a very effective non-stimulant fat burner if taken correctly. It really helps with appetite suppression and some fat loss. I recommend this to anyone who is looking to lean up a bit and isn't wanting a bunch of stims.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Appetite Suppression
  • Fat Loss
  • Some Energy
  • Not Dosed Well

• kalans
    March 2, 2015

Another great review Eller! As I was reading the ingredients I suspected that it was underdosed, quite a bit.

• eller44

Thanks I appreciate it!

• DanTheManski
    March 2, 2015

Awesome review! We will work on the dosing!