LeanMode Reviews

By: EVLution Nutrition

LeanMode is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by EVLution Nutrition. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.
7.1

November 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Appetite Suppression
  • Fat Loss
  • Can Be Mixed With Other Supplements
  • Not Dosed Well
  • Too Sweet

I purchased leanmode because it has been bestseller fat burner for last few years on bodybuilding.com. I've been regularly training recently and managed to lose 40 kg already, so I already experienced weight loss plateau and all the difficulties associated with fat. Before leanmode I tried two fat burners and both of them contained stimulants. After finishing several jars of them, I decided to give a try to this bestseller.

CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) Powder (std. min. 60% CLA) 1,000 mg
Acetyl-L-Carnitine 1,000 mg
Green Coffee Bean Extract 200 mg
Garcinia Cambogia Extract (std. min. 60% HCA) (fruit rind) 200 mg
Green Tea Leaf Extract (std. min. 60% EGCG) 100 mg

Absolutely Everything listed in here are natural sources responsible for transporting body fat to mitochondria and boost energy levels when creating calorie deficit. According to many researches, both CLA and L-Carnitine are scientifically proved ingredient to help utilize body fat, thus making them essential ingredients for weight watchers. In addition to this, L-Carnitine is good Energy contributor and metabolism booster. Garcinia Cambogia Extract is very good source to suppress you appetite and you can also find lots of products of them created from other manufacturers. Other ingredients are strong antioxidants and when taken probably, they will undoubtedly help your body to function effectively.

I cut sugary drinks years ago and never regret it, so this supplement is very sweet for me, even if I mixed it with 0.5 liters of water, still very hard to swallow. Mixes normally but not fully, so you need to shake it very well or just use small hand mixer. Most relevant thing why I dislike this product is it's dosing. CLA can be taken up to 6,000 mg per day and L-carnitine up to 5,000 mg. With 1,000 mg of each leanmode becomes very poorly dosed and for benefits must be taken at least twice per day.

I started consuming leanmode as directed by manufacturer, absolutely nothing changed, no appetite suppression, no energy, no change on body and no movement on scale. Tried to drink two times per day, but nothing changed and wasn't very easy for my body to absorb as a first thing in the morning.

But I managed to find solution: I've purchased unflavord BCAAs earlier and as you may know they taste terrible, almost impossible to swallow. I mixed leanmode with unflavored from other brand BCAAs, both of them easily neutralized their tastes and changes started to appear immediately. After one week of use small portion of muscles still appeared on my body and scale started to go down again!

The cheapest way to purchasr leanmode is bidybuilding.com, where it costs 19.97 $ only 30 servings. It might not cost as expensive as other effective fat burners but given information, you still have to purchase other supplements, thus all current prices on every online markets logically seems very high for such additional jar...

Side Effects

When drink on empty stomach or first thing in the morning irritated stomach very much. Otherwise nothing can happen to me.

Conclusion

As an experienced man in burning fat, I can definitely assure you to always include BCAAs in your supplement. They promote protein synthesis and indirectly help you burn some fat. Products like leanmode are only so called "add-on" Items to them and absolutely not guaranteed to make you lose weight. They can even represent danger to your heart health when taken not properly. There are lots of amino acids' complexes available, which contain both: BCAA and Fat Burning ingredients. So I Advice to rely on them. I also have to say stimulant free fat burners will take much more time to show some impact, because boosting metabolism and burning fat are in positive correlation.
If your body can tolerate caffeine and L-Taurine, just go for Stimluant Thermogenics!
  • Blueraz: 8/10
  • Furious Grape: 8/10
  • Pink Lemonade: 7/10

August 24, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Appetite Suppression
  • Fat Loss
  • Some Energy
  • Not Dosed Well

This is the first fat burner that I have ever taken and I was excited to find one that had no caffeine. I am not necessarily sensitive to caffeine but I get paranoid about developing a dependency if I have too much (which with my preworkout and bcaa energy/coffee I would imagine that I am getting close). This was also getting started around the same time that I started a cutting program in my training and diet so it is always a little hard to tell what progress I can attribute to that and what I credit this product for.

----Ingredient Profile: 6/10----

CLA: 500mg
Green coffee bean extract: 500mg
Garcinia Cambogia extract: 500mg
Acetyl L-Carnitine: 500mg
Green tea leaf extract: 250mg

This ingredient list is a double edged sword because while it seems like a solid list, pretty much everything on here is underdosed to a degree. The recommended CLA dosage for effectiveness is 2-4 grams daily (4+ servings of this). The recommended dosage of Acetyl L-Carnitine is 1-2g daily (2+ servings of this). The recommended dosage for green tea leaf extract is about 1g daily depending on where you look (4+ servings of this) and so on. While I like the ingredient list and these are, for the most part, tried and true ingredients to aid in weight loss, I wish that the dosing was a little more scientific.

The ingredients are all very solid as far as solid metabolism boosters/fat burners that aren't stimulants. I know that some people do report some minor energy benefits from taking this product but that was not my experience. In fact I would personally never take this before a workout because they tend to sit a little bit heavy on my stomach (due to you remaining satiated longer).

----Effectiveness: 7/10----

The effectiveness of this product is up in the air for me. While I mentioned in the introduction that I started a cutting program at the same time I started this, it is hard not to credit at least a little bit of my progress to this product. Whether or not it was placebo for me, I think that some of the progress that I made was due to this product. Sometimes a placebo can work just as well as the real thing so I will take it either way.

The main thing that this product undeniably did for me was suppress appetite. I would take the recommended 3 pills before 2 meals daily and I noticed that after every meal I would feel way more satiated than I was used to. I had cut calories back by just about 1000 and had no notable hunger throughout my days like I was used to from previous cutting cycles.

----Value: 6/10----
The value is pretty mediocre for this product. It comes in at just about $15/30 servings (when it is on sale which it frequently is) which seems to be the average for this category. The problem is that the dosing needs to be more than what they recommend as one serving in order to be effective so the 30 servings on the bottle turned into 20 or so servings for me. The price was not bad enough that I wont buy this product again (I will) I just wish you got a little more bang for your buck.

Side Effects

No real side effects to note other than the aforementioned "I wasn't very hungry" (which is a selling point so I wouldn't consider it a side effect).

Conclusion

Overall I would recommend that anyone who wants a stim free fat burner give this a shot if they find it on sale. If you had to pay full price, I would recommend buying the ingredients separately and dosing it for yourself to save a little bit of money. I was somewhat happy with my purchase but only plan on buying again if it goes on sale.

March 2, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Appetite Suppression
  • Fat Loss
  • Some Energy
  • Not Dosed Well
Picked this up on sale at BB.com awhile back on sale, buy 150 caps get 2 30 caps free. I was interested in trying something by evlution nutrition and this looked like a decent product to try out!

Ingredient Profile 8
This is has almost everything I look for in a non-stim fat-burner.

Garcinia Cambogia Extract 500 mg
(std. min. 60% HCA) (fruit rind)
Green Coffee Bean Extract 500 mg
CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) 500 mg
Acetyl-L-Carnitine 500 mg
Green Tea Leaf Extract 250 mg
(std. min. 60% EGCG)

I really like Acetyl-L-Carnitine because it is more easily taken into the muscles and brain even without the carbs which are neccessary for L-Carnitine to be properly transported. Also CLA and Green Tea are two of my favorite fat burning supps. The Garinia Cambogia is new to me so this was my first experience with this ingredient. From what I have read It blocks an enzyme called citrate lyase, which your body uses to make fat. It also raises levels of the brain chemical serotonin, which may make you feel less hungry.

Dosing - 6
All this being said I did not like the dosing of the ingredients. Normally I take 500mg of Green tea 2-3 times daily and I like at least 2g of CLA and 1.5g of Acetyl-L-Carnitine per day. So I took 4 caps 3 times daily (30mins before each main meal) to bump these numbers to where I wanted them.
My daily doses were as follows:

Garcinia Cambogia 2g
Green Coffee Bean 2g
CLA 2g
Acetyl-L-Carnitine 2g
Green Tea Leaf 1g

Effectiveness - 8.5

(rated 1-5)
Appetite Suppression 5 - this was my favorite part about this product. I noticed I was not nearly as hungry as usual and I felt full after just 1 plate of food typically. I didn't have the desire to snack all day which was nice.
Fat burning 4 - I lost about 2lbs after taking this for 3 weeks but I was definitely more toned and I would guess I lost around 2 percent BF.
Energy 2 - I didn't notice too much effect on my energy during my workout (expected because there's no stims) but I did have a minor increase in overall energy throughout the day.
Mood 2 - Didn't notice much here. Could be different for everyone but I felt about the same as always...which is mostly cheerful! :)

Value - 6.5

The way I dosed it which is what I recommend for anyone over 200lbs. (3 caps 3x daily under 200lbs IMO) made it substantially more expensive. I got 210 caps for $27 (with the deal at BB.com) which made it 1.56 a day. This did work pretty good for me so I didn't mind it being a little costly but without finding a deal on it like I did it would be too much.

Side Effects - 9
nothing worth mentioning here except I did have some bad tasting burbs on occasion.

Conclusion
This can be a very effective non-stimulant fat burner if taken correctly. It really helps with appetite suppression and some fat loss. I recommend this to anyone who is looking to lean up a bit and isn't wanting a bunch of stims.