C4 Extreme Energy Reviews
C4 Extreme Energy is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Cellucor. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
IntroductionAlright I'm gonna try to summarize every paragraph to make it as short and simple as possible, because I personally don't like to read that much when looking at reviews lol. Im 21, been working out for approximately 7 years, these past few months have been very rough for my diet and my lifting, and I've been coming back consecutively for a little over 2 months, and saw that probably my favorite pre workout right now has only one review! I lift around 5-12 reps depending on the exercise. I am 5'7 154lbs So here it is
Ingredient Profilecarnosyn beta alanine - basically patented version of beta alanine, a lot of us love/hate the crazy tingly feeling we get from it lol, it is proven to aid in muscle fatigue and helps with lactic acid at the recommended dosage of 2-5g. This has 3.2 which i think is perfect
creatine nitrate - supposed to be more available to your body than mono, but i don't believe 1g is a sufficient dose
aakg - helps give u a great pump, but i did find that sufficient dose is 1.5g so it seems to be slightly underdosed here, but no complaints in the pump department.
last thing on ingredient list is a proprietary blend only telling us how much caffeine it has which is 300mg which for me is perfect.
taste in a pre workout is unimportant to me, but this one does taste very good not a strong or weak taste I've had all flavors except lemon drop, my favorite is probably the blue raz/ mixability with pre workouts is usually really good, it mixes fine with a spoon, dosing is also perfect
Effectivenessnow to the most important part of the review. I've taken plenty of pre workouts throughout the years, and when i don't know which new one i want to try, i go back to this one, its awesome, energy is great there are some days I'm feeling tired or lazy and take this and I'm ready to go and feeling itchy in 15 minutes. I do have improved mood, energy, and pumps, even after the gym I'm still energized and ready to go for another few hours. I love the original c4, but i find myself needing to take around 2 scoops every time, which ends up having an equal amount of beta alanine and caffeine as this product which i only need 1 scoop. Great pumps, i've never really had any issue getting a good pump, but this gives me a little extra bump in hardness and vascularity. Endurance is fantastic, i noticed i do feel a little bit less of a burn when I'm getting to the end of the set which i think is good? I haven't tried cardio with this because i don't do cardio, but in the higher rep ranges or last few sets I am able to lift closer to the same amount of reps as first set more than without pre.
Valuei rated value at around 9.4 because it is $40 but i only need one scoop, sometimes i don't even take a full one i take like 5/6 depending on how I'm feeling, but for some of you who are bigger or more stim tolerant this might not be the product for you.
Side Effectsno side effects other than the itchy, tingly feeling of beta alanine which like i said, some of us like it and some hate it.
ConclusionLike i said i tried to keep this short and simple, i love this product because i only have to take 1 scoop, as opposed to the two scoops of c4 original, but you also get twice as much creatine nitrate and aakg, you can mix this with a pump product which i don't think is really necessary but everyones different. For me 300mg of caffeine and 3.2g of beta alanine is excellent, i still get a great pump and i do take creatine hcl post workout, so the 1g of creatine nitrate in here is just a good plus. I highly recommend this product whether youre just starting or if you've been lifting for a while. I don't think there's anything I've missed, but if i did or you guys have any questions, leave a comment and ill get back to you asap
IntroductionFirst things first, I want to give a huge thanks to both tommey and clipper for giving me the chance to be the first reviewer of this product. I am a college student that has been lifting for a few years and has become really interested in nutrition, supplements and food intake.
Disclaimer: This is how this product performed for me but it may have different effects on you.
Ingredient ProfileScoop is 9 g (measured and it is correct, no under or over dosed scoop), it's made of:
- 1 g carbs.
- A bunch of vitamins to help with absorption and to reduce the possible crash.
- Beta-Alanine (3.2g): Finally a Cellucor product with the clinical dose of Beta-Alanine (I would assume c4 Ultimate has the right amount as well). B-Alanine has been shown to enhance muscular endurance, specially being able to perform 1 to 2 reps more when staying at an hypertrophy range (8 to 15 reps). It's remarkable to say that it's Carnosyn Beta Alanine so it's the highest quality available.
- Creatine Nitrate (1g): The problem with this dosage is that it's underdosed, right dose would be between from 2 to 3g. Nitrate is supposed to aid creatine and get you more of a result combined with pumps and vascularity, as we know, creatine increases power output and has minor increases in lean mass and anaerobic running capacity.
- Arginine AKG (1g): Standard pre workout dose is 3 to 6 g. Outdated nitrixoxide booster, most companies have moved to agmatine but it seems like Cellucor is still stuck in the past.
- Explosive energy blend (831mg)[N- acetyl L-tyrosine, caff anhy., theacrine, rauwolfia vomitoria, huperzine A]: They only disclosed the amount of caffeine, 300 mg, the rest of the ingredients are behind a propietary blend. Caffeine is a powerful stimulant and it can be used to improve physical strength and endurance. It is classified as a nootropic because it sensitizes neurons and provides mental stimulation. L-Tyrosine is a mental booster, assists with mental focus and Teacor is very similar to caffeine except that you don't build a tolerance to it as fast, you don't crash as hard and you don't get jitters.
I want to add that each scoop is made of 70% active ingredients and 30% artificial and natural coloring and flavoring.
Taste/Mixability/Dosing- It comes in Cherry Limeade, Strawberry Kiwi, Lemon Drop and the one that I got, Icy Blue Razz. The flavor was good but very overwhelming, the product calls for 6 to 8 oz of water but I had to use a few more oz. I strongly believe that this is because of the high stimulant dose, stimulants are very bitter and Teacrine has a very special taste to it so they had to kick it up a notch in order to hide the unpleaseantness of said ingredient.
- It has a great mixability but this is a product you don't want to sip slow, it's not because there may be residues left at the bottom of the shaker but because the bitterness is very strong on the last few sips so just shake it and drink it fast.
- Dosing is 1 scoop 20-30 minutes before training.
- Product is prone to clumping (it usually happens with high dosed beta alanine products)
EffectivenessNow, on the back of the tub they have a comparison chart between all Cellucor's products and how they are supposed to perform, according to said chart this product has:
- Energy 3/3 ( medium, high and extreme, according to them)
- Pumps 2/3
- Focus 2/3
- Endurance 2/3
I'm gonna rate the product based on said standards and see if they live up to the hype:
- Energy: Amazing. It didn't hit me right away, it was more of an increasing, feel good energy. No crashing and no jitters either. I honestly did not expect this from Cellucor, I consider myself a stim junkie and have tried products with DMAA, DMHA and AMP Citrate and I feel this is a good alternative for people that want strong energy without "exotic" stimulants. I tested this product first thing in the morning and in the evening: when took first thing in the morning it was on an empty stomach so the energy was intense and long lasting as I said before, I'd have class after going to the gym and the energy would not wear off quickly, instead it was a nice and slow come down. In comparison to other products like Psychotic, this one didn't make me feel like a crackhead sitting in class like the other one did a few times. Now, when took in the evening I'd say the energy was not as strong, probably because my stomach wasn't completely empty, however, I'd still not recommend it if you train late at night and want to sleep as this product will keep you awake. Did the product underperform the more I took it? Well, your body is going to get used to it if you take it day in and day out but the last few scoops still worked fine and got me through every workout with great energy. Would I accept the rating given by Cellucor? Absolutely, they nailed the energy.
- Pump: Nothing to write home about, there aren't enough ingredients to give you a pump by themselves and the few that we got are underdosed. Yes, if you ate a high carb meal before working out you're going to get a pump no matter what but I did not have my veins popping out nor did I feel my muscles fuller. Do I agree with Cellucor's rating? No.
- Focus and mood: So I got mixed feelings here, like I said before I took it first thing in the morning or in the evenings. The results in this area are the opposite of what I experienced with the energy factor. When I took it with no meals in my body the focus was poor and mediocre, almost non-existent (again, there aren't enough ingredients here to give crazy good focus). Now, when taking in the evening I felt something, it was not a "locked in" feel by any means, I just felt more determined to train and lift heavy. My best guess is that there is probably an ingredient that works better in conjunction with food (maybe high fat meals?) // Mood was fine, after training I would feel "down" with some preworkouts but it didn't happen with this one, I actually felt happy and more confident afterwards. I would give this product a 1/3 if taken fasted and 2/3 with food in your system.
- Endurance and muscle power: The endurance was great as well, this one and energy are the standout elements of the product, those 3.2 g of Beta-Alanine are a god sent when training with high volume, drop sets and rest pauses// In regards to muscle power, I pushed through my plateaus but I don't want to attribute all of that to this, I take a standalone creatine product and I'm bulking so that's probably one of the reasons I'm getting stronger. I'd rate the endurance factor with a 3/3 instead of a 2/3.
As you can see, this product shines in both energy and endurance, not so much about the rest.
ValueIt costs 39.99 and you get 30 scoops out of each container, you won't go above 1 scoop so if you take the recommended dose the price per serving is 1.33 dollars, if you think this product is too strong and you only go with half scoop, the price per serv is 0.66.
Side EffectsSlightly stomach discomfort some days, I couldn't pin-point the causes.
ConclusionIf you are looking for a strong stimulant based pre workout that grants nice endurance without any exotic and shady ingredients I'd say give this a go. While it lacks on the focus and pump aspect it makes up for it with long lasting, clean energy and good muscle power. I found that the product worked better on heavy days and leg day as I don't like having ridiculous pumps that may hinder my strength performance but that's just my personal preference. All in all, a solid product from Cellucor (finally) that delivers and if you want to go the extra mile you can stack it with a pump/mental focus formula.