C4 Ripped Reviews

By: Cellucor

C4 Ripped is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Cellucor. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

6.4
  October 10, 2017

• 30 Servings Are Closer To 15 Or 20

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
My name is Blake Pullen and I am earning my bachelor's degree in Exercise Science at Kennesaw State University. I'm in love with weight lifting/bodybuilding and supplements! My reviews are always 100% unbiased because I use all of yall's reviews myself to help me decide where to put my hard earned cash. Once again Cellucor pulled me in with the shiny label and the 'pretty words', at my local GNC, to try another one of their mainstream pre-workouts.

Right off the bat you notice that they do have traditionally good pre-workout ingredients: Beta-Alanine, a form of Arginine, along with a "Ripped energy blend (Prop blends as usual leave me wanting more LITERALLY) And this is no exception because every major ingredient is clearly underdosed, which means for me to get the desired effects of a good pre-workout I would need to take 2 scoops. They have a few pretty good ingredients, just poor doses
ArnoSyn Beta Alanine: 1.6
Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate: 1g
C4 Ripped Blend: 1g
L-Carnitine Tartrate, Green Coffee bean extract, (standardized for Chlorogenic Acids), Capsimax Cayenne (Capsicum annuum) fruit extract, Coleus forskohlii root extract
Explosive Energy Blend: 371mg
N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, Caffeine Anhydrous (150mg), Velvet Bean (Mucuna pruriens) seed extract, (Standardized for L-Dopa)

The cherry limeade flavor was actually very enjoyable for me. Very tangy and no bad aftertaste. Taste: 7.5/10

Mixibility: 8/10 I never once had any issues with clumping while shaking it for 10 seconds in my traditional blender bottle

Doses: 1 scoop was ineffective for my energy needs, so because of the underdosing I had to take 2 scoops before every workout

1 scoop did virtually nothing for me. I have a very high caffeine tolerance so 150mg is like me getting ready for bed. The other ingredients were just too underdosed to give me that real "edge" that I was looking for so I turned to 2 scoops. 2 Scoops gave me a little bit of that wonderful Beta-Alanine feeling and 300mg of caffeine to give me an immediate boost. I felt it come on after about 20 mins and the double scoop did just about everything that the label claimed it would do with one scoop! It gave me lasting energy throughout my entire workout and I was overall very pleased. The endurance also became much more evident with 2 scoops as my muscles had that "fresh feeling" without any immediate soreness. I felt like I could train harder and longer than when I was only using one scoop. The pump was improved with 2 scoops but wasn't immaculate, which I guess is to be expected as there is no big doses Citrulline on the label besides the other underdosed ingrediants.

The cheapest price that I could currently find on this stuff is $34.99 at Allstarhealth.com for 30 servings.
Anything over $1 per serving better be giving you clinical doses and solid results and sadly 1 scoop of this product wouldn't do that for me so it was basically like paying $35 for 15 servings. Not a good value in my book

Side Effects

NONE

Conclusion

This is a product that is only effective when doubling up on your servings, but for the price it just doesn't seem worth it if you're looking for clinical doses and big results
  • Cherry Limeade: 8/10

Overall
Overall
4.5
5.5
3.0
  August 30, 2017

• Poor Value

Cutting seasons is over, time to do the incredible bulk.

DISCLAIMER: I'M REVIEWING THE EUROPEAN VERSION, THERE MAY BE A FEW DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THIS ONE AND THE AMERICAN.

Average scoop is about 6.0 grams (regular C4 is 6.5g), lets take a deeper look:

- Beta-Alanine (1.6g): Half of the clinical dose, you will get the full effect if you double scoop. B-Alanine has been shown to enhance muscular endurance, specially being able to perform 1 to 2 reps more when staying at an hypertrophy range (8 to 15 reps). It's remarkable to say that it's Carnosyn Beta Alanine so it's the highest quality available.

- Arginine AKG (1g): Standard pre workout dose is 3 to 6 g. Outdated nitrix oxide booster, most companies have moved to agmatine but it seems like Cellucor is still stuck in the past.

- Vitamine C (250mg): Good dose of vitamin C, it helps your body absorb those active ingredients.

- Caffeine anh. (160mg): Caffeine is a powerful stimulant and it can be used to improve physical strength and endurance. It is classified as a nootropic because it sensitizes neurons and provides mental stimulation.

- L-Tirosine (150mg): L-Tyrosine minimum dose is between 100 to 150 mg, it is a mental booster and assists with mental focus.

- C4 Ripped special blend (1g) made of L-Carnitine Tartrate, green coffee extract, capsicum extract, Coleus forskhohlii: Tricky tricky stuff, first of, its a propietary blend so we don't know the amount of ingredients that are in it. But according to the 1 g, I can say it's heavily underdosed. This ripped blend is supposed to act as as a fat burner and energy inducer thanks to the use of Carnitine and its fat metabolising capability but the dose is less than 1 g and the recommended dosage should be between 1 and 4g by itself. Green coffee extract aids with energy and capsicum extract with fat burning but we don't know the mg of each.

There are a bunch of vitamins added to the product to make your body not experience a crash afterwards and help with mood.

- One good thing about cellucor is, without a doubt, their flavor system, this product offers a range of flavors like: fruit punch, pink lemonade... the one that I tried was Cherry Limeade, and it indeed had a cherry taste to it. It's important to remark that capsicum tends to make the product have a bit of a spicy taste if you mix a scoop with water and then let it sit. If you can't stand sweet, spicy flavors you may need to chug it as quick as possible.

- Mixability is great as always, no sinkings or floating particles.

- About dosing... it's pretty underdosed, but we are going to go deep in the "efectiveness" section below.

Lets break it down based on the scoops you take:

- 1 scoop: A lot of the ingredients in one single scoop are underdosed, in my case this resulted in low to mild energy, caffeine low content doesn't give a boost and the ripped blend doesn't aid that much. Strength wasn't there as creatine content is literally non existant. Pumps don't live to their own expectations, you may get a bit of a pump going but it's NOT skin tearing. Focus is not there either. Endurance is ok, half the standard dose of beta alanine gives a bit of an edge when going for a long working set. However, if you have never taken a pre workout this is gonna give you an energy rush and a bit of focus plus the itching skin coming from the Beta-Alan.

- 1.5 scoops: You start to hit almost the recommended dose on everything (looking at you Beta-Al and L-Carnitine). Energy gets better, caffeine hits harder and for longer. Strength and muscle power are not there. Pumps get a bit better but it's nothing mindblowing, same as focus, no "tunnel vision" but you are slowly getting in the zone. Endurance increases as well and tingles come back if you've never taken that big of a dose. If you're somehow used to taking preworkous this should be your starting point.

- 2 scoops: Here is where the magic happens, but the magic comes with a dilema. If you take a 2 scoop serv. you are gonna hit a clinical dose of almost every single ingredient (I repeat, ALMOST). For me, this translated into a nice tingling feeling from Beta-Alanine that comes with a huge increase in muscle endurance and a huge decrease in fatigue. Pumps and muscle power did not increase. Vitamins had a huge role as I didnt experience any crash. BUT, you are hitting 320 mg of caffeine PLUS whatever amount of green tea extract they threw in there and that may be too much for some. Energy for me was clean, through the roof and long lasting (I have a high stim tolerance), focus, however, was severely compromised and nothing to write home about.

Regular size is 30 servings. I bought it for 25 but, some websites are selling it for $40, which is about $1.33/per 1 scoop, which is already expensive.

If you are used to preworkout you are gonna go directly to 2 scoops and thats about $2.66/per serv... absolutely outrageous.

Side Effects

I built tolerance to it so quickly that it started becoming ineffective after a few days plus it's pricey for two scoops and focus wasn't there. You have to play with the dosages if you want the right ammount of stims and right ammount of the rest of ingredients and you may not be looking to do maths every single day you want to take it.

Conclusion

Not good/10, the "RIPPED" thing is just a gimmick for another underdosed cellucor product (they do love their underdosed stuff apparently). Not even worth spending money on this product, buy your own L-Carnitine and green tea extract if you wish and just take them by their own.

July 31, 2017

• 30 Servings Are Closer To 15 Or 20
As a 39-year-old individual, your age impacts your workouts and runs (unless you are Tom Brady who is turning 40 soon). I had come to the realization that as I get older, I needed to find ways to improve my workouts and runs. I have seen the Cellucor C4 Ripped at Academy, but I first hesitated since it seemed a little pricey. After seeing what all was available at Academy, and learning that C4 ripped was currently on sale, I decided to give it a try. I noticed the C4 Ripped for some time and thought that since the price was a little high, probably a good purchase. But, the old saying "you get what you pay for" is not always true.

Ingredient Profile: 7/10
The first part of the ingredients lists vitamins. Vitamin C 250 mg, Niacin 30 mg, Vitamin B6 500 mcg, Folic Acid 250 mcg, Vitamin B12 35 mcg, and Calcium 28 mg. The vitamins can be found in almost every multi vitamin but they are all in different milligrams so this is not a substitute for a multi vitamin. These specific vitamins will give you energy and metabolism that will convert proteins, fats, and carbohydrates into fuel. Calcium is also linked to bone strength. Vitamins are part of a healthy diet. They assist with the immune system, metabolism, energy, growth, and enzymes for body function. Without vitamins, you would not be able to function.

The second part lists some amino acids. CarnoSyn Beta Alanine 1.6g and Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate 1g. CarnoSyn Beta Alanine is an amino acid that can be found in the liver. You will also find it in a lot of pre-workouts and supplements. This amino acid leads to assist with muscle fatigue. Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate or AAKG is important for metabolism of some amino acids and helps with energy. AAKG is also used by surgeons while performing heart surgeries that ensures no blood delivery issues during the surgery.

The third section is the specific "C4 Ripped Blend 1g" which consists of L-Carnitine Tartrate, Green Coffee bean extract, Capsimax Cayenne fruit extract, Coleus forskohlii root extract. L-Carnitine Tartrate is for energy that is used in sports and fat loss. Carnitine has also been linked to heart patients. Green Coffee Bean Extract comes from Coffee Beans. Coffee Beans are one of the most popular weight loss supplements because of the energy and metabolism burst. Capsimax Cayenne Capsicum which comes from red pepper or chili pepper as an herb. This herb is also used in medicine for to help patients problems with digestion, upset stomach, gas, stomach pain, diarrhea, and cramps. It may reduce joint, low back, and muscle pains, help headaches, weight loss and help athletes. Coleus forskohlii Forskolin is found in the plant. This is another item that has been used for centuries for blood pressure, chest pain, and asthma.

The last section is "Explosive Energy Blend 371mg" that is made of N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, Caffeine Anhydrous 150mg, and Velvet Bean seed extract. N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine is an amino acid that is known to have different abilities like brain function, muscle support, and recovery. Caffeine Anhydrous is what it says, caffeine. The difference that this has over caffeine is this caffeine does not contain any water. The velvet bean extract is a long used plant extract from plants that can be found in India (actually saw some while on a mission trip in India). The plant extract is used to boost mood and help concentration. It has also been linked to sex drive, lean muscle mass, and weight loss.

All in all, not a bad combination of ingredients. Every company makes a pre-workout that is a little different. They all contain some change in a number of ingredients and the amount of each ingredient. Only 2 ingredients make me wonder. The first is Capsimax Cayenne which is used in medicine to help people stomach issues which include cramps and diarrhea. The second was Coleus forskohlii that has been used for blood pressure, chest pain and asthma. Why would the C4 Ripped mix contain these items that have been linked to treating bad side effects? These side effects are not as bad as some side effects seen on commercials for doctor scripts that treat depression, brain issues, and pain problems. On a positive note, some ingredients are tied to sex drive!

Taste/Mixability/Dosing: 10/10
I tried the raspberry lemonade, which is my favorite flavor. When it comes to drinking mixes of raspberry lemonade, you sometimes get a bitter lemonade or little taste of raspberry at all. This one was definitely a good flavor of raspberry lemonade. The instructions call for 6 fluid ounces of water, but I usually use 8 since that is usually the amount of water I have ready to mix with. Regardless of 6 or 8 ounces, the flavor was always good. The C4 Ripped mixed well when stirring, but as usual, always better when shaken. There are 2 other choices which are cherry limeade and fruit punch.

This is where things get a little off. The instructions say to start off taking mix 30-45 minutes prior to work out with 1 scoop and after getting used to the 1 scoop, you may go up to 2 scoops. At 1 scoop, I had a small boost that quickly went away. At 2 scoops, I got tingly and felt a little dizzy. The best was 1.5 scoops. I would take the 1.5 scoop about 30-45 minutes before a normal workout day of less than 1 hour. On days that I had a workout longer than an hour, I would take it right before my workout to give the energy needed to get through a long workout. That may seem pretty easy to figure out, just take 1.5 scoops when needed. As time went on, 1.5 scoops started to wear down, but I wanted to avoid taking 2 scoops. The problem for me is that in 2014, I had a brain hemorrhage.

My hemorrhage happened in the gym, where I had taken a pre-workout prior to the workout. The hemorrhage was something other than the pre-workout. I had a pre-existing known as an AVM and it had caused my head to bleed and was putting pressure on my brain. I passed out at the gym and was in a coma for 4 days. As you may be able to tell, regardless of why the hemorrhage, I am a little afraid of using a pre-workout. When it comes to a pre-workout, I do my research. I want to avoid anything that may cause a side effect that could impact my now delicate system. I do take a lot of medications now that stop me from having seizures and help control the brain pain that I deal with daily. Ever since the surgery, I have had a headache every single day. I know some people say that and it means they have a few headaches a week. I have had a headache every single day for over 2.5 years. I just need to be careful of what I put into my body. I can handle caffeine without problems. I just need to keep caffeine low to avoid the headaches getting worse. The thing that bothers me is the Coleus forskohlii.

The Coleus forskohlii research shows that it has been used for blood pressure, chest pain and asthma. If this is true, should I be using a product that may cause blood pressure, chest pain, and asthma? I lack problems with this side effects, but you can understand why I worry about this. When taking C4 Ripped, I did not notice any of those side effects regardless of 1 or 2 scoops. The only side effects I noticed was aggressive tingles after using 2 scoops. A slight tingle at 1.5 scoops was noticed, but this tingle is a good feeling like after a good cup of coffee. I first wanted to stop taking pre-workouts because most of them have some sort of side effects, but I soon realized not as worse as what most prescribed medical medications might have. I am just a little more careful about these things.

So, as far as it goes with effectiveness, I found C4 ripped to be effective at 1.5 scoops but after a few weeks, I noticed a decrease in energy.

At first glance, the cost of one container is around $40. The catch on this one is how much is it per serving. 30 servings in one container which workouts to $1.33 per serving. The problem is that I would take 1.5 scoops per workout so the servings then go down to 20 servings. This now takes it down to $2 per serving. I have found other pre-works that I like at about $20 - $30 for 30 servings and it provides me the energy I need with one serving. This works out to $0.67 - $1 per serving. Overall, a small difference in price per serving, but this can add over time.

Side Effects: 9/10
No real side effects noticed other than the tingle I would get after using 2 scoops.

Conclusion 6/10
The C4 Ripped is an ok product. I did get some energy but it eventually wore down. The ingredients were not bad and contained ingredients that can be found in other pre-workouts. The 30 servings are more like 20-15 because you might need more than 1 scoop to get the boost you need. If you workout 5 times per week, you won't make it a month before you need another C4 Ripped. If you can get it on sale, you might want to try it to just see what happens.
  • Raspberry Lemonade: 10/10

Overall
Overall
6.2
6.3
5.2
  February 28, 2017

• Poor Value

This is my first review as a SR reviewer. I heard about SR by just googling around for supplement product reviews. I was not prompted to write this review for any other reason than to share some knowledge with other weightlifters. My fitness goals are to mostly gain more weight and muscle. I have always been very lean, but not as big as I would like to be. I have been weightlifting for about 5 years now and am a much different looking person now than I was. I plan on reviewing many of the other supplements I have taken over the years especially the many types of pre-workouts I have tried.

This C4, like I said in the title, is very similar to the original C4. There are a few key differences though. C4 Ripped lacks creatine. This is for the purpose of not putting "water weight" on. C4 Ripped also adds a proprietary C4 Ripped Blend. This includes various extracts aimed at burning fat.

The taste is very good. I had Cherry Limeade and it was very drinkable, almost enjoyable. The scoop size is just a little smaller than the original C4 ( by .5g). The serving is one scoop, but I tended to lean to about a scoop and a half.

As far as effectiveness goes, I had some trouble with the Ripped formula. From the first use, I could already tell that I liked the original better. This, for whatever reason, had less 'pop' than the original. Even though the Explosive Energy Blend is the same, it seemed like I needed more of the Ripped to feel the effect. I did notice an uptick in the amount of sweat I was producing. This formula does seem to warm your body up and produce more sweat. I do not sweat very much naturally, but I found myself getting a nice moisen while lifting even though I don't do real high intensity workouts. I keep it intense, but not to the point where I should've been sweating this much. What I love about C4 is the great energy that it does give you. Other pre-workouts I have tried have made me feel extremely jittery or even sick feeling, but C4 seems to have the perfect balance of energy without the crash and burn. It also tends to last the entirety of the workout most of the time. I have tried others that fall short of that mark.

The value is less than most pre workouts. If you buy this on Amazon it runs right above $30 a can or a little more than $1 a scoop and can go higher depending on the flavor and the retailer. Regular C4 can be found for about 20% cheaper, also depending on the retailer and the flavor. This becomes a costly difference over time, especially if you are taking 2 scoops at a time.

Side Effects

A weird side-effect I experienced with the C4 Ripped that I have not had in other pre-workouts was that my tongue became very tingly. Almost like allergic-reaction tingly, but not nearly as bad. It would go away relatively quickly, and really didn't have much effect on me or my lift, it just felt strange.

Conclusion

After taking the entire can, I was really underwhelmed by it's performance. I just felt like I had a weak, different tasting C4. My goals are not really aimed at weight loss, but I was hoping I would look more, in it's own words, "Ripped". I didn't really notice a difference. I would stick with the classic if you are wanting to go the C4 route.
  • Cherry Limeade: 8/10

Overall
Overall
6.3
  April 18, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decent At 2 Scoops
  • Tastes Pretty Good
  • Poor Value
  • Lightly Dosed
Hello again, SR.com! Up for review this time is Cellucor's C4 Ripped product, one of many variants of their new(ish) line of C4 pre-workout powders. C4 being the first pre-workout I ever used, I couldn't deny the nostalgic appeal of that shiny silver tub. Unfortunately, that was probably one of the best qualities about it. Let's dig in

INGREDIENTS: 6

I feel like C4 Ripped is a classic case of throwing a whole bunch of things onto the panel to make it seem legit, but upon closer inspection, virtually none of it is dosed adequately. There's a light vitamin/mineral blend, some BA, some AAKG, and two fairly weak prop blends. There's nothing really new or revolutionary, and nothing to make one think that C4 Ripped will perform any better than anything else out on the market.

The beta alanine is pretty light at 1.6g. Granted that is more than you get with a lot of other products, but still not sufficient. Then arginine AKG I feel like it's pretty common knowledge that citrulline is more effective in the way of NO production and blood flow, right? I can't help but wonder what the rationale might be for continuing to include forms of arginine in a pre-workout blend.

Then you have the C4 Ripped Blend at 1g and the Explosive Energy Blend at 371mg. The ripped blend contains some good stuff, but at 1g total there's no way any of it is dosed very effectively. And definitely not so for coleus forskohlii, which is thrown in at the end I suspect to attract the unknowing consumer drawn to fancy plant extracts. I like forskohlii as an ingredient in a fat burner, in the proper amounts, but a tiny pre-workout dose of forskohlii will not do anything at all.

Finally there's the explosive energy blend, weighing in at a whopping 371 mg. And 150mg of that is caffeine. So you have 221mg left over for NALT and mucuna pruriens, which is more of a nootropic than an energy ingredient. So not so explosive.

TASTE/MIXABILITY: 7.5

I had the fruit punch flavor, definitely more than palatable and not something I got sick of. Sometimes you get a lot more of the cayenne flavor than you'd expect, and it can burn a little bit going down. Mixability was okay, clumpy and gritty at first but not too bad after enough shakes.

EFFECTIVENESS: 6.5

At one scoop, the effects were very slight - only a mild energy boost, almost nothing from the BA Just comparable to a weak cup of coffee. A scoop and a half did it enough for me most times. That seemed to be enough of the energy blend for me, definitely more motivation to do something, but still not much from the BA and really no pumps to speak of, though I wouldn't expect much pumps from the ingredients.

Inevitably I had to increase to two scoops on many occasions, and at this point it really felt like something worth taking. Great energy boost, to the point where I felt compelled to be active, and a wonderful BA tingle that I yearn for. I don't know about anyone else, but that BA effect is possibly the most important thing to me, and I didn't get even remotely close to what I wanted with anything less than two scoops.

The problem with this, of course, is that I can't separate the caffeine from everything else, and I don't always want 300mg of caffeine before lifting. Especially with squats or deadlifts, or an otherwise very taxing workout, I felt much more inclined to nausea with all those stimulants. The AAKG did seem to become marginally effective at two scoops, but still nothing to write home about in the pumps department.

In terms of the "ripped" concept, that this might somehow aid someone with fat loss, get the heck out. Adding tiny amounts of buzzword-type ingredients to a pre-workout that someone is only taking at one specific time of day, and likely not every day, is not at all cause to market it as a weight loss aid.

SIDE EFFECTS: 9

Aside from the occasional overstimulated feeling that accompanied the oft-necessary two scoops, there were no apparent side effects. No GI issues or anything like that.

VALUE: 5

At first glance, C4 Ripped seems pretty much on par with the industry for cost anywhere from $35-$45 after some quick shopping. But when you consider how light the profile actually is, that cost is way too high. I would wager that anyone with at least a few months of serious lifting under their belts would need 1.5 scoops or more, so the 30 servings you get with the tub are a de facto 20 at best.

OVERALL: 6.3

In my eyes, 6.5 is barely passing, and C4 Ripped narrowly misses that mark. This might be a good entry-level pre-workout for someone feeling their way through that market, but the cost is way beyond entry-level. In my opinion, you'd be better served paying just as much, or even a little bit more, for something of much higher quality (that might actually last you 30 workouts).

Thanks for reading everybody, and have a wonderful day!
  • Fruit Punch: 8/10

December 26, 2015

• All Warm And Tingly Son
  • Underdosed At 1 Scoop
Thanks again to the generous Nutrabolt reps for making their products available for review to the TROOPs program in incredibly large numbers.

I want to start out by saying that I am constantly looking for a product like this. Just the right amount of "lifting" ingredients, with a dash of thermogenic/"weight loss" tossed in. The OG "Hyper FX" by BSN used to be my go-to, until they did what all "we're a big brand" companies do and reformulate it and now it's crap, in true BSN fashion. When I'm not going all #pizzabearbulk, I like to have workouts consist of an hour of lifting and an hour of cardio, this product was on paper was exactly what I was looking for.

At one scoop, this product is wicked weak. It's listed as basically half the recommended dose of Beta-Alanine, 1 gram of AAKG for the "lifting" elements and a 1G "blend"(spit) of "weight loss" goodies, like Green Coffee, Carnitine, Capsimax and Forskolii.

The "energy blend"(spit) is also a tad weak at one scoop with Tyrosine, caffeine(150 mg).

I've come to the conclusion over the years that I hate all creatines that aren't Kre-Alk, since I blow up like a chubby panda, this is a creatine free product and that's a delight.

I'll get this out of the way now...if you've read me...and you've read me...I loves cherry limeade. Like, you could powderize bird droppings and label it "Cherry Limeade" and I'd be smitten as a kitten to try it. Now, Cellucor is usually known for absolutely killing flavors and this product is no different. It's just that right amount of sweet(probably too sweet for many, but like any fat kid, I love candy...) and a bit of smooth. The capsimax is evident as well as it gives your tongue that perfect bit of tingliness in a "is my mouth supposed to be burning and tingling like this? Oh it is? Cool!" sort of way. Yummy.

Mixed just fine.

As suggested previously, this product is weaksauce at one scoop. I tried it once like this. I then bumped and bumped and will detail below.

At one scoop, this product had very minimal effect. I go into each "first time" with an open mind...as any man should...with anything. Little to nothing of enjoyment was had...like a lot of "first times"...

I then bumped it up to 1.5 scoops. A little more fun was had.

At two scoops though, this product shines! Even after a stim break, 300 mg is basically the bare minimum I need to get in the zone for a workout and not feel like I'm dragging ass. So with two scoops the energy is there. It also gives you a decent amount of BA for the muscular endurance while lifting. The 2G of AAKG gives you a good amount of a "feel" for the pump elements without being all SKIN TEARING BOBCAT SKILLZ VEIN ENGORGING PUMP MADNESS, I don't want that when I'm not all #pizzabearbulk mode, but I do want to be able to not look in the mirror and think, "do I even lift?" This product hits the spot.

Now the thermogenic element is also spot on. This type of product gives me the right amount of sweat at just the right time. I naturally sweat, even when lifting, because I lift like a man, heavy and hard. C4 ripped gives me the right amount of accelerated sweat, without completely soaking me in the first 10 minutes looking like Richard Simmons running through a sprinkler, like other thermogenics. Basically, I progressively got warmer over time, while being "prime" sweat mode at about 45 minutes with only a little left of my lifting session before I hit the cardio.

During the cardio elements, since theres not an insane amount of PUMPZ, I could get going. When I do cardio with my Ronnie Swoleman supplements, I feel like a 350 beast that's moving like a 87 year old mall walker lady even when I'm "jogging", you just feel thick and sluggish. C4 ripped gives you that warm kick and good endurance to keep pushing me through the cardio. End of the session, I'm soaked and done.

It's Cellucor man. So you gotta expect the Cellucor price tag. I found the product needs 2 scoops to be effective, so that's "15 servings" in the cutely awesomely marketed tub. This product seems to sell for $40 everywhere. That's not a good value at all. Even if you get it on "sale" like from BB.com where it's buy 2, get $10 off, $70 for 30 servings is still yucky.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you want a creatine free, "jack of all trades" that jacks it pretty well in all of the trades, this is a great product. Yea, you may need to donate plasma like...every 6 hours...to be able to afford it, but if you got plasma to spare, pick this stuff up. It's pretty solid.

December 15, 2015

• Underdosed At 1 Scoop

I want to thank Cellucor for their heavy involvement in the SR TROOP program as of late. This will be my third review, as I have also tried P6 PM and Alpha Amino Xtreme. The thought of a fat burner/pre-workout stuck out to me so I decided to give this a try. Although the ingredient profile was a prop blend, I looked past that as I saw some interesting ingredients.

Claims: C4 Ripped is a pre-workout supplement that combines the explosive energy of C4 with ingredients specific to fat loss. This formula helps you train harder while supporting your body's ability to burn fat. - Lets see if this product met those claims.

As with most Cellucor products your going to get a prop blend, there are two categories: Ripped Blend (1 G) and Explosive Energy Blend (371 mg). The Ripped Blend contains 4 ingredients aimed at fat burning. These ingredients are pretty solid when researched however how solid would they perform without knowing exact dosages?

Recommended dosing for fat loss:
L-Carnitine Tartrate: 2 G
Green Coffee Bean Extract: Not Established - Seen anywhere between 100-400 mg
Capsimax Cayenne: Not Established - Seen anywhere between 50-500 mg
Coleus Forskohlii Root Extract: 250 mg

As you can see the ingredients are solid but are underdosed even if you add the low side of recommendations: 2.4 G compared to 1 G per serving.

The Explosive Energy Blend contains 3 ingredients at 371 mg. As noted on the tub Caffeine is dosed at 150 mg leaving 221 mg for the other two ingredients.

Taste: I received the Fruit Punch flavor for this log/review. One thing Cellucor does a good job with is taste, although I'm not a big fruit punch person I give the taste a 7.5/10 only because you can taste the Capsimax.

Mixability: There was no issues in terms of clumping or settling at the bottom. However with the heavy use of dyes my shaker got stained red after use.

Dosing: At first I followed the dosing protocol of mixing 1 scoop in 6 oz of water. After a week I eventually had to go up to 1.5 scoops then 2 scoops.

Overall I wasn't impressed with the effectiveness of C4 Ripped. Using one scoop I couldn't tell really that it was working other than tasting the Capsimax before working out. At 2 scoops the effectiveness was a little better in terms of energy from 300mg of Caffeine and some thermogenic effect from the Ripped blend. During the duration I did weigh myself constantly and was strict to following my macros. Even after exercising and dieting I didn't manage to see really any fat loss. However this could be a very solid product if they upped the underdosed ingredients in the Ripped category.

You can find a 30 serving tub at most online retailers for around $39.99. Your looking at $1.33 per serving which is a bit much for underdosed ingredients. At Amazon you can save some money and purchasing a tub for around $27 and still I feel like that is too much for what your getting especially having to use 2 scoops.

Side Effects

(None)

Conclusion

Once again I want to thank Cellucor for participating in the SR Troop program. With some adjustments to dosing, this could be a very very solid fat burning pre-workout. If ingredient dosing can't be improved, even in the Ripped (thermogenic) category- the price point needs to come down.
  • Fruit Punch: 7/10

Overall
(SR paid for product; Cellucor did not participate)
  December 1, 2015

• Underdosed At 1 Scoop
Here is a simple review for your reading pleasure. Let us look at my personal favorite category of supplements the instant gratification supplement if I may, pre-workouts. Pretty much every preworkout is on the same level playing ground in my opinion. You either have melt your face amounts of caffeine or scientific blend of compounds to try to recreate the joy of what DMAA was. Either way pre workouts are not the same as they were. Enough on the rant let us take a look at Cellucor's new version of there classic C4. Cellucor has added a plethora of different versions to there C4 line up and I was lucky enough to try one called C4 ripped, Let's see what I thought.

--Taste 7/10--
What can you say it was fruit punch, the most used and worn out flavor ever created. This fruit punch tasted just like the original C4 fruit punch but with a peppery kick from the newly added capsimax(capsicum) which is used in some fat burners, we will get into that part of the product later.
As I said this taste was nothing new and didn't change the game for fruit punch at all just avg and forgettable.

--Effectiveness 6/10--
As stated in the opening Cellucor is trying hard to find a keeper to add to their preworkout lineup and this product didn't wow the hulk. It truly felt like gen two C4 with a very small thermo feeling. I was never a huge fan of the Cellucor it was a very avg preworkout for me. I did like the fact this gave a small thermo feeling since it is supposed to be a fat burning pre-workout and I feel like this was under whelming.

I would go out on the limb and say that the product could be a step in the right direction for a product to compete with Lecheek's fat burning powders.

--Content 7/10--
Cellucor always uses a pretty decent quality of raw compounds in all their products which is a plus but cellucor loves to use blends which can be a turn off to most educated supplement users. Cellucors' ripped C4 has the addition of some thermogenics and they are very mild but enough to feel hardly a fat burner in my opinion at these doses but it is a start. Initially you feel is the capsimax. Pure capsicum will burn the taste buds and cause an quick flash of thermogenic feelings. This is simply a smoke and mirror trick don't get too excited there is not much backing on it besides used in muscle creams to relax tightness, yup it is in almost all bengay products. The best part of this product is the L-carnitine tartrate and the forskohii both of which have shown improvement in fat burning. I like the start to this product and with a few changes it could be great!

--Value 5/10--
ouch at a very high price tag of 31.99-39.99 this product is priced quiet high for what it delivered. I was not very impressed with the first attempt at this type of product it was almost like they added the small amounts of thermogenics to there regular C4 and called it a new name with a heavier price tag. I hope and wish they change the formula a bit to justify the cost.

Overall this was an average preworkout that didn't quiet deliver on the fat burning like I hoped but again it is their first attempt at it. The taste of the fruit punch was same old same old and nothing different or special. The effectiveness was less then expected but still a somewhat decent preworkout. I wish they focused a bit more on the fat burning component and rivaled the others on the market. Compounds that count are in a blend and seem to be under dosed. Cellucor normally uses higher quality but the proper doses should be listed out so it leaves little to question. Value is a tough category for this product with a very hefty price tag for what it delivered. If they can optimize the thermogenic property and keep the price the same it would be utopia! I will gladly place a half seal of hulk approval on this and say keep up the good work and hope this product can back to the drawing board for a bit of a revamp.

-k-

Overall
Overall
6.8
  September 16, 2015

• Underdosed At 1 Scoop
Here is my final review of the Cellucor stack I was sent (Super HD, Alpha amino xtreme, C4 ripped). Once again im very grateful for the opportunity to try these products.

Ingredient Profile - 7
Lets start off with the "ripped" blend. They basically took their normal C4 (minus the TeaCor) and added this blend. Some L-Carnitine, Green Coffee, and capsimax make up the blend which are some fairly commonly used ingredients in weight loss products. At only 1 gram per scoop I can't help but think this blend is slightly under-dosed. As for their energy blend at a modest 371 mg with only 150 mg of caffeine (which is pretty low in comparison to other PWOs) there isn't anything too special that stood out to me. The Beta Alanine at 1.6g isn't too bad though I like it a bit higher and Arginine AKG at 1g is low too.
Overall pretty normal use of ingredients but at a lower dose than I would like to see.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing - 9
One thing I have to give cellucor is they know how to make good tasting products!! I was sent the Rasberry Lemonade and Cherry Limeade and I have to say they were delicious. I was tempted to just drink some just for the flavor with some popcorn! I started off with 1 scoop before a workout and it really just didn't do much. I took 2 big scoops after a couple days and noticed the effects a lot better. It mixed well with 6-8oz water no problems with powder settling or chalky taste or anything like that.

Effectiveness - 7.5
I have been using the 1-5 scale on a few sub categories so I will continue that. Also I am rating effectiveness off of a 2 big scoop serving. If I were to give a rating based on the 1 scoop id say about a 5.
Weight Loss - 3
First as I stated above the "ripped" blend is under-dosed for effective weight loss aid, and second those ingredients are much more effective if taken every day even on rest days so if someone were to take this as a stand alone product to help them with weight loss I would doubt they would see much progress. I gave it a 3 though because if taken with a fat burner this could make you see slightly better results after the cycle (if taken at 2 scoops).
Energy - 4
I got a decent amount of clean energy with the 300mg of caffeine (at 2 scoops) and got me through my workouts pretty well every day. I got some beta alanine tingles on some days which I have always like (some people don't) but for the most part it performed good for energy.
Pump - 2
Not much of any added pump at all that I noticed. Id give it a 1 but I feel like 2g of Arginine AKG might help some people with a little pump but not for me.
Focus - 2
I am for the most part very focused in the gym but can notice when a product is helping me with it. That being said I didn't notice hardly any difference in my focus or mood while taking this.

Value - 6
With 30 servings (15 at with 2 scoops) at 39.99 a tub (sometimes a few bucks cheaper on some sites) this comes out to $2.66 a day or $1.33 for 1 scoop which either way is pretty expensive. Its not a complete waste of money because at 2 scoops id does work pretty good for energy and could assist in weight loss if paired with a fat burner but i wouldn't probably buy it for that price. If money is no issue and you're dead set on buying this then go for it.

Side Effects
Nothing to mention here out of the ordinary. Could get some beta alanine tingles, caffeine headaches are possible if you are sensitive but basically if you have side effects from this you will probably have side effects from any PWO.

Conclusion
I was pretty impressed with the super HD and Alpha Amino extreme but this one just didn't perform well enough to justify the price. There were some positives with decent energy and the potential to help with weight loss but cutting the servings down to 15 with a $40 price tag doesn't add up.
  • Cherry Limeade: 9/10
  • Raspberry Lemonade: 10/10

September 5, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Nice Focus
  • Underdosed At 1 Scoop

I had added some good size over the past couple months, but I was tired of not being able to see even the outline of my abs. Even though "bulking" season is approaching in the near future I decided to give this a shot along with some HIIT cardio a fat burner and a soso diet and try to get "ripped"

Since I believe im the 1st review on this I will copy and paste the ingredients below. They took out the creatine nitrate that you usually find in C4 to rid of the bloat that some people experience with creatine. Me personally ive never had any problems with creatine bloat and having the nitrate form in there would bother me, because I get a nice pump off of it as well, but I see Cellucor have come out with a creatine nitrate standalone product recently so you can supplement that in I you wsh separately. The beta alanine is a little underdosed for me at one scoop but I doubled up a few times to get the clinical dose, but that's not a big thing for this product because its supposed to be a fat burning pre. Next you have a gram of AAKG and then the C4 Ripped blend at a gram, I like the ingredients they chose here but id like to know how much of each was in their and im guessing they are all al pretty badly underdosed. Then you have an explosive blend with 150mg of caffeine, I like that number, because I could go with 2 scoops without getting too jittery. I stacked this with a fat burner so much more and that may have been a little much.

Vitamin C (as Ascrobic Acid) 250 mg 417%
Calcium 9 mg 1%

Beta Alanine 1.6g
Arginine AKG 1g

C4 Ripped Blend 1g
L-Carnitine Tartrate, Green Coffee Bean Extract, (Standardized for Chlorogenic Acids), Capsimax Cayenne (Capsicum annuum) fruit extract, Coleus forskohlii root extract

Explosive Energy Blend 371mg

I received Raspberry Lemonade, one of my favorite flavors in just about anything. Cellucor nailed the taste here, very crisp, and refreshing. A lot of preworkouts that also double as a fat burning aid have a very strong aftertaste, but I didn't get that here. Maybe a hint of the capsimax, but nothing like some of the other products I have used.
I used a regular shaker cup, without a mesh screen of a blender ball and I still never had any issues mixing this. I might have needed an extra shake here or there depending on how much water I used, but no sediment or anything left at the bottom.
Directions are to take 1 scoop with 6 ounces of water 20-30 minutes prior to training and to never exceed 2 scoops. The 30 minute mark before training was perfect for me I felt it kick in right about the time I walked in the gym.

I stacked this with Cellucor's Super HD Xtreme, so I cant say all of the results were fully one or the other, but I did try to spread the times out that I took them. Super HD in the AM/noon and C4 in the afternoon usually around 530. On 1 scoop I had some decent energy, focus was alright but not too great. Pumps/vascularity were nowhere to be found at 1 scoop. Towards the midway point of the container I went up to 2 scoops and noticed quite a big difference. I was getting the full clinical dose of BA so the tingling was slightly there which I enjoy. The energy was great, I do my HIIT workouts in the AM, and only used this while weight training but I think this would be a great addition to a cardio session. I felt very energized and was able to push through some high volume workouts, while staying focused. At 2 scoops I was really zoned in, but I still didn't notice much of a pump at all which isn't really surprising with only AAKG in the mix I wasn't expecting skin splitting pumps or vascularity. This is sold as a "Explosive Energy and Cutting Formula" as described on the bb.com page. Throughout the duration of the container I did manage to cut down about 7lbs and a bit of body fat, im looking much drier and I went from a slight pudge to being able to see the top 2 abs when standing. I think this is a good addition to a cutting phase at 2scoops.

Every website I have found has this listed for 39.99, bb.com does have a 30% off promo on it now making it $28, but normally your going to find it around the $40. At 1 scoop the value isn't terrible(1.33/day) but its in the upper level of preworkouts. For me having to go with 2 scoops makes it too much and I don't see myself purchasing a tub unless its on a very deep discount.

Side Effects

No sides, but it is pretty heavy on the dyes like all Cellucor products.

Conclusion

My experience was a positive one. I enjoyed the taste and I did lose some weight, but at the end of the day I just cant see the price matching the results I got. Add in some things or double some doses and we have a great product that I wouldn't mind paying for but I cant see dropping 40 bucks for 15 days of workouts. I want to say thanks to Myuncker and Cellucor for giving me the chance to tryout this and a few of their other products.
  • Raspberry Lemonade: 9/10