Home > Categories > Creatine > Chelate > GNC > Amplified Creatine 189 > Reviews

Amplified Creatine 189

By GNC
Amplified Creatine 189 GNC
6.4/10
(Weighted average based on 125 Reviews)

Ranks #9 of 9 (better than 0%)
in Creatine > Chelate
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

shinndigg

shinndigg's Amplified Creatine 189 Review

This review is a long overdue one... I took this product quite awhile ago, but the draft has been sitting on my desktop for awhile and I finally got tired of staring at it, lol.

How I dosed this: I changed my dosing procedures on this several times, at first I took this pre-workout, about an hour before hand. Then I changed it to post workout for awhile, but then went back to taking it pre-workout again where I found this most beneficial.

Ingredient Profile(8.5/10): This product is Creatine Hydrochloride, which at the time I took it meant nothing for me, but now knowing the different forms of creatine, this seems to be one of the most favored with the popularity of Con-Cret. Each pill contains 750mg of Creatine HCL just as Con-Cret does.

Taste/Texture(8/10): These pills were rather large, and I found myself having to take one at a time to prevent from chocking them down. The taste is kind of odd to describe, but to me it almost had a sweet taste to it. I actually didn't find it to be awful at all.

Effectiveness(8/10): I know this product doesn't have the best reputation, whether it be for the company that produces it, or the numerous complaints. As far as results go, this product did help improve my strength while I took it. I was kind of a noob to supplements when I took this product, so maybe I just had beginners luck, but I consistently and substantially made gains in strength and endurance whilst on this product. It's nothing that I haven't achieved with other forms of Creatine however. I never had the problem many people report of the pills not dissolving and/or ending up in my poo. The girl at GNC who sold it to me (yea I got suckered in by the cute college girl working there) told me to drink at least 16-20 ounces of water with this product. I think that may be the key to assuring proper absorption of these pills.

Value(5/10): Like many products that carry the GNC logo, this product will cost you a pretty penny. I really got sucked with this and bought the 240 pill bottle for a whooping $75, or 62 cents a serving. On a postive note I did end up getting the GNC girls phone number, but that's a topic for a different day, lol. This is a lot of bread to be throwing at a moderate creatine product. Yea it works, but so does regular old monohydrate, that I can buy for much cheaper, even Kre-Alkalyn is cheaper then this.

Conclusion: So while this product does work, overall it is really so-so. I won't say anything too negative other then it costs way more then it's worth in my opinion, but maybe if someone wants to give this to you for free or something you can give it a whirl. Personally I'd say opt for other forms of creatine, or try Con-Cret if you want to go the hydrochloride route.

Pros:
Cons:
  • You Get To Help The Gnc Guy Make His Commission
  • It Works.
  • Hard To Swallow
  • Better Creatine Products Out There For Less $$$
  • Price

GotLift1691's Amplified Creatine 189 Review

GNC Creatine 189 has been one of the best creatine supplements I have taken to date. My body loved this product so here is my review.

Dosage= 9/10

Dosage= 9/10

Real simple. Hard to get this part wrong. Took two in the AM with breakfast and took an additional 2 post workout or with dinner on non training days.

Taste=

No taste at all. The pills are coated so they don't leave any taste in your mouth and go down easy. I sometimes would crush the pills up and mix it into a shake and this was fine. Didn't alter the taste or texture of my shakes.

Effectiveness= 8/10

Like I said earlier, my body responded real well to this product. I had great strength gains that were real noticeable from week two and on. My muscle felt and looked more full and more defined which is always a plus. I had no bloat issues and it seemed that there was very little water retention. Another plus. In my opinion, I Found Creatine 189 to be more effective than straight creatine monohydrate.

Value= 6/10

For a creatine product, 189 is pricey. I got this product when it was either a BO/GO or a hot buy but I forget which. I got it because it was on sale and this definitely made it worth it. During Gold card week, one can get 120 tablets for around $27 dollars.

Overall= 7/10

The only drawback to creatine 189 is the price tag. It is a great creatine supplement and the strength gains were noticeable and enjoyable but it is a pricey product to run over and over again. I found the gains from creatine 189 to be greater than that of creatine monohydrate. Currently taking Kre-alk so I will compare 189 in that review.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Easy To Take
  • Less/no Water Retention
  • It Works.
  • Strength
  • Price

Posted April 5, 2012
27 dollars for a 2 month supply is expensive? have you seen the price of concrete?? now THATS an expensive creatine. good review though

great review

Posted April 5, 2012
If you buy it online it's a lot cheaper just bought the 4 month supply(240 caps) for $43!!!

Why such a downfall on the price you get what you pay for right???? Would you rather it bbe $10 and be a really low grade mono or HCL that does nothing?

Manimal

I was doing good and getting gains on it for the whole first bottle

I've taken 1 and a half of the normal sized bottles of this now. I was doing good and getting gains on it for the whole first bottle. Nothing huge. And i was aware of the digestion problems so i was actually checking my poop lmao. Sure enough when i started the second bottle i saw both pills sticking out fully intact and silver. I think its because of the coating on these pills. Its super thick. I started cutting my pills in half and this helped the digestion thing alot. I may take these again in the future but if they lightened up on the coating, i think this would make for one awesome creatine pill.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Moderate Gains
  • Easy To Take
  • Less/no Water Retention
  • You Can See Pills In Your Poo(unless Think Thats A Good Thing)
  • You Have To Crush The Pill First

Posted March 2, 2010
good review, surprised you had digestion problems.. were you cycling anything else at the time?

Manimal

Posted March 2, 2010
They seem to have fixed this issue and it's a better product now.

Couldn't tell you what I was taking that many years ago man. Probably basics like multi, fish oil, and protein. May have been on the post workout supplement kick at the time.

gotcha

Posted March 2, 2010
iVE GOOD GAINS ON THIS AND NONE OF HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH DIGESTING.

Posted March 2, 2010
I had the same problem! I was passing them whole, so i gave up on those.

Not bad for a GNC product

For a GNC product this one actually worked and I liked it. I know GNC gets a bad rep but for once I picked up a product that was highly recommended and it worked on me.

------------------Current Stack---------------------
Bodytech glutamine, bodyfortress whey protein, gnc creatine...

------------------Current Stack---------------------
Bodytech glutamine, bodyfortress whey protein, gnc creatine 189, Bcaa, complete nutrition mv, krill oil and mass fuzion.

-----------------Effectiveness 8--------------------
I'm going to go with an 8 on this because I used this while running a strength program. I noticed that not only did it help with soreness but I did put some numbers up that I had not done before. Kind of noticed a more defined look in my arms. Gained a little weight from this as well.

--------------------Dosage 10-----------------------
This gets a 10 for the dosage because it was 2 pills and bam your done. I took this after I worked out and I wished I would have done a little experimenting with this and would have taken it before working out but I did not so I might have seen better results but since I did not do that I will not know for now.

---------------------Ingredients------------------

Serving Size 2 Tablets
Servings Per Container 60

Amount Per Serving % DV

PEG-Creatine Systemâ„¢ (Creatine Hydrochloride) 1250.00 mg **

** Daily Value (DV) not established

Other Ingredients: Cellulose, Dicalcium Phosphate, Polyethylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide (Natural Mineral Whitener), Enteric Coating (Cellulose, Sodium Alginate, Medium Chain Triglcerides, Oleic & Stearic Acid), Natural Mint Flavor, Sucralose

No Sugar, No Artificial Flavors, No Preservatives, No Wheat, No Gluten, No Soy, No Dairy, Yeast Free

This is my first Creatine supplement so I really cannot rate the ingredients because I have noting to compare it to. If I had to guess I would say this is average but I bet there are better creatines out there. When I pick up another Creatine supplement then I will be able to go into more detail on that product.

-------------------Value 10-----------------------This is a 10 because it was 30 servings and that averages out to a $1 a day. That is a good value and I would only pay more if it was a better product. I know there are better products out there and I would be willing to pay a little more for that. This does not brake the bank so it was still worth it.

---------------------Overview 8-------------------
All in all this was not a bad product. I noticed strength gains and a little definition in my arms. It was not a brake the bank supplement and the dosage was super easy. If I was looking for a creatine to start with I would recommend this.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Less/no Water Retention
  • Easy To Take
  • Taste
  • Moderate Gains
  • You Get To Help The Gnc Guy Make His Commission
  • Strength
  • Muscle Recovery

TMan2004's Amplified Creatine 189 Review

First I would like to note that I am an employee at GNC. Think what you will, but I will be honest in my reviews as to how I feel about a particular product.

Value (8/10)

Value (8/10)

I rated this an eight because in my honest opinion, this is a pretty decent price if you take it like it is designed. A comparable creatine would be Con-Crete and there's half the servings for the same price.

Effectiveness (9/10)

I have cycled through one bottle of this product and saw huge gains in my lifting and overall physique. Down side of all of it is that I ended up having shoulder surgery immediately after the cycle and did lose a large amount of what I accomplished. As designed, I took two tablets a day. One in the morning with the MV, and one post w/o.

Through this cycle I was using the following to reach my goals: Men's Sport MV, AMP Extreme 60 for post W/O, ON Vanilla for Breakfast, and Jack3d for Pre W/O. (I am a GNC employee, so why wouldn't I use our products).

The only con I really have for AMP 189 is the size of the tablet. Price for me is a non-issue and the gains I had were great.

I would like to mention that I had NO issues digesting this product.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Easy To Take
    • Less/no Water Retention
    • Crazy Gains
    • It Works.
    • Strength
    • Stucked In Throat Sideways

GREAT REVIEW

Posted April 25, 2012
    Sorry my ignorance.. but what is MV?

@MarioLobo

MV - MultiVitamin

No worries man, you have to start somewhere.

Virtus

Virtus's Amplified Creatine 189 Review

I really like AMP Creatine 189. I have run Sci-Fit Kre-Alk, Universal Storm, CreMAGnaVol, straight Monohydrate, CE2 and probably some other I can't think of right now. This stuff just seems to work for me. I get harder and denser, and I feel I progress in my lifts. I don't get dehydrated from it and I don't swell up like with mono (since this is HCL obviously) I get better vascularity showing because I am not so H20 swollen. Downside though is that the price is massively inflated, hands down.

As far as people not being able to digest this fully- take it with some Apple Cider Vinegar, or just crush it/bite it in half and deal with the fact you must have defective genetics to have such weak stomach acid, your choice.

It's a good product plain and simple.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • It Works.
    • You Get To Help The Gnc Guy Make His Commission
    • Easy To Take
    • Less/no Water Retention
    • Youre 40 Bucks Poorer
    • Price

Posted February 19, 2011
    good review . this is definitely the most efficient creatine on the market.

shawtywantme's Amplified Creatine 189 Review

I was very skeptical but I got on this stuff - in 2 weeks it was obvious it was working - size and firmness - no bloat - stronger - improved muscle endurance. working a 5 day split, my usual workout for years. Just added 2 of these pills a day and it took 2 weeks but it definitely kicked in. This is what you want if you want to look jacked without looking roided - but if you are slim (I was built already 6'0 210) and are looking for big size gains and weight gain then instead go mono creatine full cycle. This stuff is just 2 pills a day - take them even on off days to keep the creatine levels up. Obviously you have to hit the weights hard, but don't overtrain - take a day here 2 days there off. Note: my supplements are simple : a.m. meal includes Whey protein shake, 3x fish oil capsule, mega multi, b12 1000mcgs, amplified 189 pill, L-glutamine cap. After workout: Whey protein shake (immediately after workout) second 189 pill and L-glutamine. Thats

Pros:
    Cons:
    • You Get To Help The Gnc Guy Make His Commission
    • Moderate Gains
    • Easy To Take
    • Less/no Water Retention
    • Price

There are moderate gains when takin properly

Not the best creatine out there. I'd recommend Kre-Alkalyn over this any day. It does not digest at all and you will definitely see it in your stool. Being it's a pill I like the idea of just popping it and being done. But the fact is it won't work because it will just go right through your system. So crushing it up every morning gets to be a pain. There are moderate gains when takin properly but I wouldn't waste your money on this.
    I ended up getting rid of it a couple weeks after I bought it and got EFXs Kre-Alkalyn. Much better product and you don't have to crush em up every day, you can just pop em and they digest properly.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Moderate Gains
    • Youre 40 Bucks Poorer
    • You Can See Pills In Your Poo(unless Think Thats A Good Thing)
    • You Have To Crush The Pill First

Posted March 5, 2010
    what do you take to make sure your digestive system is strong enough to break down the pill?

Posted March 5, 2010
    It's hard to say. I mean, it's not a guarantee that when you take this it will pass right through your system, however a lot of people have experienced that, including myself. As far as what to do to increase the strength of your digestive system make sure to get enough water everyday, chew your food in small amounts, and make to increase your dietary fiber.

With all that said, I would honestly either just break the pill up, or not even bother buying this. There are a lot better creatine products out their like the Kre-Alkalyn. But if you already bought it, your best bet is to just break the pill up before you take it.

Posted March 5, 2010
    Also, enzyme supplements are believed to support the body's own digestive enzymes to aid digestion. So that's an option if you don't feel like breaking the pill up everyday before you take it

It gave me the strength

Alright so I felt compelled to write a review for the Amplified 189 because it appears to be getting a bum rep when I don't think it necessarily deserves it. Obviously for those of you experiencing digestion problems with it (passing completely through with no digestion) it may not be the product you need in your stack. However, I would try *BREAKING THE PILLS IN HALF* before you write it off as a bad supp. It is a very solid and functional product. I started supplementing with this stuff about 4 weeks ago and have been training the majority of this summer without a partner :(. Sadly most of my friends aren't competitive athletes and those of them who are are away at school. It gave me the strength bonus I needed to work moderately heavy without a spotter. So far I've added about 3-4 pounds of lean mass which I attribute to this product. I've also noticed a marked increase in the fullness of my muscles as well as a moderate strength gain.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Moderate Gains
    • Easy To Take
    • Less/no Water Retention
    • Price
    • Stucked In Throat Sideways

venom434

I've noticed a good increase in muscle fullness, strength, and power

the AMP Amplified Creatine 189 is a good product, the coating on it is made to by-pass the stomach acid and digest in the intestine..so you're actually crapping out the coating and not the actual creatine it's self..but what i do to digest it faster is make a cut on each side of the tablets..also taking it with a fruit juice helps spike the insulin levels..doesn't make you bloat/less water retention like mono-hydrate does..although you still want to drink a decent amount of water throughout the day when taking any creatine..i've noticed a good increase in muscle fullness, strength, and power.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Moderate Gains
    • Less/no Water Retention