Home > Categories > Creatine > Creatine Blends > GNC > Amplified Creatine 189

GNC Amplified Creatine 189

Amplified Creatine 189 GNC
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (125 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 54% (Uncertain)
LOWEST Prices for Amplified Creatine 189 (Links open in new window) [Sponsored]
22.94 Buy Amplified Creatine 189 Thousands of Supplements! Buy Amplified Creatine 189
Report Product Error

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

SciFit Kre-Alkalyn 1500 Reviews
Kre-Alkalyn 1500 (161 Reviews)
8.9
GNC Creatine Monohydrate Reviews
Creatine Monohydrate (34 Reviews)
MRI CE2 Hi-Def Reviews
CE2 Hi-Def (20 Reviews)
Gaspari Nutrition SizeOn Maximum Performance Reviews
SizeOn Maximum Performance (43 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

MuscleTech Cell-Tech Hardcore Reviews
Cell-Tech Hardcore (89 Reviews)
6.8
Gaspari Nutrition SizeOn Reviews
SizeOn (84 Reviews)
Optimum Creatine Powder Reviews
Creatine Powder (32 Reviews)
MuscleTech Cell-Tech Reviews
Cell-Tech (28 Reviews)
5.2

Related Forum Topics

N.O. Xplode 2.0 & Amplified Creatine 189, okay to take together?
My name is Don, new to the site. Recently started taking N.O. Xplode 2.0 and hav...

can i take celltech with the gnc Amplified Creatine 189 together?
hi im new here, actually my first post. im also new to lifting weight and had ze...

Trouble digesting GNC's Amplified Creatine 189
I have recently bought some AMP Creatine. I noticed a completely intact pill, in...

Amplified Creatine 189 and gold standard 100% Whey. Decent combo?
I've always worked out but haven't taken many supplements and kind of ...

C4 + Amplified Creatine 189 + ON 100% Whey + Mass Gainer, and Irregular W/O Time
First post here (excellent site, btw, can't believe I didn't find it s...

What creatine should I try next?
I just got threw my first bottle with no improvement. I was curious have you guy...

What to take with Amplified Creatine 189
I recently bought a bottle of GNC Amplified Creatine 189. I decided to try it si...

Usage of Wheybolic Extreme 60 and Amplified Creatine 189
I went to GNC and got Amplified Wheybolic Extrexme 60 about 2 months ago and als...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Amplified Creatine 189 has been GNC's top selling creatine product for quite some time, but generally, the users are disappointed with the results. It has been notorious for lackluster results and many experience trouble with the product being utilized efficiently as it appears the method in which it is made into tablets makes it hard to digest.

Amplified Creatine 189 Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on:
    Links open in new window
    Amplified Creatine 189 Reviews:
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Moderate Gains (38)
    • Less/no Water Retention (37)
    • Easy To Take (34)
    • You Get To Help The Gnc Guy Make His Commission (29)
    • Price (32)
    • Youre 40 Bucks Poorer (25)
    • You Have To Crush The Pill First (19)
    • It Doesnt Do Anything For You (17)
    August 18, 2011

shinndigg

Reviews: 61

Age: 24

August 18, 2011
     This review is a long overdue one... I took this product quite awhile ago, but the draft has been sitting on my desktop for awhile and I finally got tired of staring at it, lol.

How I dosed this: I changed my dosing procedures on this several times, at first I took this pre-workout, about an hour before hand. Then I changed it to post workout for awhile, but then went back to taking it pre-workout again where I found this most beneficial.

Ingredient Profile(8.5/10): This product is Creatine Hydrochloride, which at the time I took it meant nothing for me, but now knowing the different forms of creatine, this seems to be one of the most favored with the popularity of Con-Cret. Each pill contains 750mg of Creatine HCL just as Con-Cret does.

Taste/Texture(8/10): These pills were rather large, and I found myself having to take one at a time to prevent from chocking them down. The taste is kind of odd to describe, but to me it almost had a sweet taste to it. I actually didn't find it to be awful at all.

Effectiveness(8/10): I know this product doesn't have the best reputation, whether it be for the company that produces it, or the numerous complaints. As far as results go, this product did help improve my strength while I took it. I was kind of a noob to supplements when I took this product, so maybe I just had beginners luck, but I consistently and substantially made gains in strength and endurance whilst on this product. It's nothing that I haven't achieved with other forms of Creatine however. I never had the problem many people report of the pills not dissolving and/or ending up in my poo. The girl at GNC who sold it to me (yea I got suckered in by the cute college girl working there) told me to drink at least 16-20 ounces of water with this product. I think that may be the key to assuring proper absorption of these pills.

Value(5/10): Like many products that carry the GNC logo, this product will cost you a pretty penny. I really got sucked with this and bought the 240 pill bottle for a whooping $75, or 62 cents a serving. On a postive note I did end up getting the GNC girls phone number, but that's a topic for a different day, lol. This is a lot of bread to be throwing at a moderate creatine product. Yea it works, but so does regular old monohydrate, that I can buy for much cheaper, even Kre-Alkalyn is cheaper then this.

Conclusion: So while this product does work, overall it is really so-so. I won't say anything too negative other then it costs way more then it's worth in my opinion, but maybe if someone wants to give this to you for free or something you can give it a whirl. Personally I'd say opt for other forms of creatine, or try Con-Cret if you want to go the hydrochloride route.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • You Get To Help The Gnc Guy Make His Commission
    • It Works.
    • Hard To Swallow
    • Better Creatine Products Out There For Less $$$
    • Price
    February 19, 2011

Virtus

Reviews: 15

Age: 28

February 19, 2011
     I really like AMP Creatine 189. I have run Sci-Fit Kre-Alk, Universal Storm, CreMAGnaVol, straight Monohydrate, CE2 and probably some other I can't think of right now. This stuff just seems to work for me. I get harder and denser, and I feel I progress in my lifts. I don't get dehydrated from it and I don't swell up like with mono (since this is HCL obviously) I get better vascularity showing because I am not so H20 swollen. Downside though is that the price is massively inflated, hands down.

As far as people not being able to digest this fully- take it with some Apple Cider Vinegar, or just crush it/bite it in half and deal with the fact you must have defective genetics to have such weak stomach acid, your choice.

It's a good product plain and simple.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • It Works.
    • You Get To Help The Gnc Guy Make His Commission
    • Easy To Take
    • Less/no Water Retention
    • Youre 40 Bucks Poorer
    • Price

Reputation: +1
    good review . this is definitely the most efficient creatine on the market.

March 2, 2010

Reviews: 55

Age: 19

March 2, 2010
     I've taken 1 and a half of the normal sized bottles of this now. I was doing good and getting gains on it for the whole first bottle. Nothing huge. And i was aware of the digestion problems so i was actually checking my poop lmao. Sure enough when i started the second bottle i saw both pills sticking out fully intact and silver. I think its because of the coating on these pills. Its super thick. I started cutting my pills in half and this helped the digestion thing alot. I may take these again in the future but if they lightened up on the coating, i think this would make for one awesome creatine pill.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Moderate Gains
    • Easy To Take
    • Less/no Water Retention
    • You Can See Pills In Your Poo(unless Think Thats A Good Thing)
    • You Have To Crush The Pill First

Reputation: +1
    good review, surprised you had digestion problems.. were you cycling anything else at the time?

Reply #2:

Joined: 11/2009
    Reviews: 55
    Reputation: +3478
    They seem to have fixed this issue and it's a better product now.

Couldn't tell you what I was taking that many years ago man. Probably basics like multi, fish oil, and protein. May have been on the post workout supplement kick at the time.

Reply #3:

gotcha

Reply #4:
    gobuffs8080
    gobuffs8080

Joined: 6/2012
    Reputation: +6
    iVE GOOD GAINS ON THIS AND NONE OF HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH DIGESTING.

Reply #5:
    JRoss21
    JRoss21

Joined: 9/2012
    Reputation: -3
    I had the same problem! I was passing them whole, so i gave up on those.

December 23, 2013

David3007

Reviews: 13

Age: 22

December 23, 2013
    Not bad for a GNC product

For a GNC product this one actually worked and I liked it. I know GNC gets a bad rep but for once I picked up a product that was highly recommended and it worked on me.

------------------Current Stack---------------------
    Bodytech glutamine, bodyfortress whey protein, gnc creatine 189, Bcaa, complete nutrition mv, krill oil and mass fuzion.

-----------------Effectiveness 8--------------------
    I'm going to go with an 8 on this because I used this while running a strength program. I noticed that not only did it help with soreness but I did put some numbers up that I had not done before. Kind of noticed a more defined look in my arms. Gained a little weight from this as well.

--------------------Dosage 10-----------------------
    This gets a 10 for the dosage because it was 2 pills and bam your done. I took this after I worked out and I wished I would have done a little experimenting with this and would have taken it before working out but I did not so I might have seen better results but since I did not do that I will not know for now.

---------------------Ingredients------------------

Serving Size 2 Tablets
    Servings Per Container 60

Amount Per Serving % DV

PEG-Creatine Systemâ„¢ (Creatine Hydrochloride) 1250.00 mg **

** Daily Value (DV) not established

Other Ingredients: Cellulose, Dicalcium Phosphate, Polyethylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide (Natural Mineral Whitener), Enteric Coating (Cellulose, Sodium Alginate, Medium Chain Triglcerides, Oleic & Stearic Acid), Natural Mint Flavor, Sucralose

No Sugar, No Artificial Flavors, No Preservatives, No Wheat, No Gluten, No Soy, No Dairy, Yeast Free

This is my first Creatine supplement so I really cannot rate the ingredients because I have noting to compare it to. If I had to guess I would say this is average but I bet there are better creatines out there. When I pick up another Creatine supplement then I will be able to go into more detail on that product.

-------------------Value 10-----------------------This is a 10 because it was 30 servings and that averages out to a $1 a day. That is a good value and I would only pay more if it was a better product. I know there are better products out there and I would be willing to pay a little more for that. This does not brake the bank so it was still worth it.

---------------------Overview 8-------------------
    All in all this was not a bad product. I noticed strength gains and a little definition in my arms. It was not a brake the bank supplement and the dosage was super easy. If I was looking for a creatine to start with I would recommend this.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Less/no Water Retention
    • Easy To Take
    • Taste
    • Moderate Gains
    • You Get To Help The Gnc Guy Make His Commission
    • Strength
    • Muscle Recovery
      January 26, 2013

Mbenoit18

Age: 26

January 26, 2013
       I took the AMP creatine 189 after cycling off of another supplement for a month to switch things up. Prior to this i never messed with creatine because the research ive done and stories ive heard of it being a waste because your muscles retain a lot of water and when you stop taking it you lose a majority of your gains. I decided to suck it up and try it for a month. I was very happy with the results after a month of taking it i was able to increase my bench press, squats, etc.. my strength gains were incredible and when i cycled off i kept my gains.
      The 189 is a purer form of creatine called hydrochloride which has a lower water retention rate compared to monohydrate
      I did not notice any negative side effects from taking this. I suggest drinking 1 to 2 liters of water a day to prevent dehydration and to flush out your liver/kidneys.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Less/no Water Retention
      • It Works.
      • Strength
      • More Expensive Than The Monohydrate But A Purer Form Of Creatine
      September 25, 2012

Mars41

Age: 41

September 25, 2012
       First let me make myself crystal clear. I have no affiliation to GNC or Swole and just signed up so I could give a great review to this product and Kreate by Swole. I'm not sure if I can give props to both but I'll attempt too. I've been taking (4) pills a day of the GNC Amplified Creatine 189 and the (3) pills a day of the Kreate for about three weeks now, and I have to think its the combination of the two but my strength has gone thru the roof and my weight has jumped from 174lbs to 182lbs in this time with no bloating. I worked out chest yesterday and pushed 225lbs 10 reps with no struggling or help and then put 240lbs and proceeded to do 5 reps with no help. I can't believe that there is finally a couple products that are truly this effective. Every exercise I have done my weight has gone up at least 15% increase. I want to just say that straight barbell bench has never been one of my strong points and 225lbs used to feel like a ton of bricks to me, so to do this for myself is very good. I'm one of those people that read reviews before I buy a product, so really just want to put a excellent review for both of these products. I know the (4) pills a day of the Amp 189 is double the dose but wanted to see how effective it would be with the more traditional 5 grams of creatine per day. I will continue to use both these products as they have been extremely effective in the little amount of time I've been taking them. Happy lifting!!

Great products!!
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Really Effective Product
      • Moderate Gains
      • Easy To Take
      • Less/no Water Retention
      • Crazy Gains
      • It Works.
      • Strength
        August 9, 2012

shawtywantme

Age: 28

August 9, 2012
         I was very skeptical but I got on this stuff - in 2 weeks it was obvious it was working - size and firmness - no bloat - stronger - improved muscle endurance. working a 5 day split, my usual workout for years. Just added 2 of these pills a day and it took 2 weeks but it definitely kicked in. This is what you want if you want to look jacked without looking roided - but if you are slim (I was built already 6'0 210) and are looking for big size gains and weight gain then instead go mono creatine full cycle. This stuff is just 2 pills a day - take them even on off days to keep the creatine levels up. Obviously you have to hit the weights hard, but don't overtrain - take a day here 2 days there off. Note: my supplements are simple : a.m. meal includes Whey protein shake, 3x fish oil capsule, mega multi, b12 1000mcgs, amplified 189 pill, L-glutamine cap. After workout: Whey protein shake (immediately after workout) second 189 pill and L-glutamine. Thats
        Pros:
        Cons:
        • You Get To Help The Gnc Guy Make His Commission
        • Moderate Gains
        • Easy To Take
        • Less/no Water Retention
        • Price
        July 29, 2012

jimmyexplore

Age: 42

July 29, 2012
         I'm just getting back into weight lifting after a few years time off and was looking for some creatine. I let the GNC guy talk me into this Amplified Creatine 189 on the basis that it wouldn't cause the swelling/water weight one gets with Monohydrate. I didn't notice any swelling but then I noticed that the pills weren't even dissolving in my stomach, coming out whole on the other side. I began cutting them in half and instantly noticed some water retention. I'm not sure how well this stuff works as I started taking Beta Alanine and ON Gold Standard 100% Whey at the same time but I have definitely noticed quick gain of lean mass. I've got some ON Creatine Monohydrate arriving in the mail on Tuesday that I'm going to try instead.
        Pros:
        Cons:
        • You Get To Help The Gnc Guy Make His Commission
        • Moderate Gains
        • You Can See Pills In Your Poo(unless Think Thats A Good Thing)
        • You Have To Crush The Pill First
        • Stucked In Throat Sideways
        May 30, 2012

gonoles71

Age: 41

May 30, 2012
         I'm 41 years old used creatine mono in the mid-late 90s. It was very effective but had some side effects and my doc advised that I no longer use it for fear it has unknown long term side effects on internal organs. Frankly, I was overloaded on it back then but strong as an ox. Resumed training 3 years ago (kids) after being horribly out of shape. Began using this product 6 weeks ago. Read lots of quality reviews here and decided to use.

It works. I split the pill in half and have had no digestion issues. Frankly, if the pill comes out in its entirety, you need to see a GI specialist because oyu have stomach issues. Its cellulose and sugar coated.

I have notived a substantial increase in strength and endurance, especially with legs, and interestingly enough forearms (holding bar for various excercices). So much so that my trainer asked me to back off the leg press for fear of injuring connective tissue. At my age, you have to worry about that. I take with apple juice twice a day just to be sure it digests. My cardio has also improved because I think my recoveries from weights are so much faster and better, enabling more cardio.

I'd say strength has improved 15% overall, cardio, 25%. And I drink PLENTY of water and suppliment with several different proteins (myotein and the GNC expensive one).

Its far more convenient that the powder and has no discernable side effect. No stomach issues. No skin issues (my facial skin looked odd with monohydrate).

To me, its worth the price, even if you have to endure the GNC sales pitch.
        Pros:
        Cons:
        • Better Endurance
        • Easy To Take
        • Less/no Water Retention
        • It Works.
        • Muscle Recovery
        • Strength
        • Have To Break The Pill In Half
        May 9, 2012

Yokeddude

Age: 21

May 9, 2012
         Alright this stuff is just terrible. The only thing it was, was a placebo. Maybe the pills don't dissolve or maybe its just BS in a pill but head my advice and stick to pure creatine mono. I almost felt like I went down in my lifting capacity. The only good GNC product is the wheyobolic extreme 60. Everything else you buy should be opti nutrition related.
        Pros:
        Cons:
          • Youre 40 Bucks Poorer
          • You Can See Pills In Your Poo(unless Think Thats A Good Thing)
          • It Doesnt Do Anything For You
          • Stops Working
          • Price
          • No Gains
          • Never Worked
          • The Taste Of The Crushed Pill

Reputation: +1
          lol this is the purest form of creatine...

Reply #2:

Reputation: +1
          also, how long did you use PEG?

Have you used Amplified Creatine 189? Submit your own Review!

Tags: GNC Pro Performance