Outlift Amped Reviews

By: Nutrex

Outlift Amped is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Nutrex. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

July 24, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clinical Doses
  • No Prop Blends
  • Great Energy
  • Thermogenic

Quick Summary & Introduction

Outlift amped by Nutrex research is basically taking the standard outlift and taking it to the limit. With few changes in the formulation and the addition of 2 stimulants on top of 350mg of caffeine this make it for an hell of a preworkout. The only real con i can find with this product is the price, but hey, you pay what you get for. Be warned this contains Alpha Yohimbine, so if you're sensitive to it, it may be a good idea to purchase with caution.
But let's get into the review!

Do you have your seatbelts on? 'cause this will be a looooong ride since there are 11 ingredients, all disclosed and most of them in efficacious/clinical doses.
For pumps you have 8g of citrulline malate (which is in a 2:1 ratio, meaning 4g of pure citrulline and 2g of malic acid). This is your standard pump inducing ingredient and has become an industry standard for good reasons: it works. Sure there might be better ingredients out there for pumps (im looking at you agmatine and vaso6) but nonetheless it's here and it delivers. 4g of pure citrulline are good enough to give you a pump.

Next on the list we have 3.2g of carnosyn beta alanine which basically buffers the lactic acid that creates in your working muscles as you're working out, giving you more muscular endurance therefore the ability to squeeze those extra 1/2 reps per sets (especially in the later ones). Another ingredient to combat muscle fatigue in here is taurine at 2g. Do i really need to explain what taurine does?! It's probably (along caffeine) the most used preworkout supplement out there and for a good reason: it works (especially in combo with the caffeine).

Now for muscle power output you have two ingredients: Betaine Anhydrous (at 2.5g) and Creatine Magnapower (2g). Betaine Anhydrous is known to help increases the sensitivity of how muscle fibers contract (similarly as creatine works). Betaine also has the benefit of increasing the amount of ATP produced by creatine. Creatine Magnapower (which is a patented form of creatine) enhances the body's ability to generate and regenerate ATP for maximum muscle performance. Is it better than monohydrate? Meh, i dunno. Creatine Monohydrate is the most researched supplement along with caffeine, so is it marketing? Is it truth? I think it's majorely marketing, but hey, creatine is creatine at the end of the day and it's in it.

For focus you have, again, 2 ingredients: N Acetyl L tyrosine (750mg) and Choline Bitartrate at 500mg. Honestly, im not a big fan of NALT. There are studies out there that show altho the acetyl group attached to the free form of l tyrosine makes it more bioavailable, it actually fails to rise tyrosine levels in your blood as much as standard l tyrosine does. I would much rather see a huge dose of l tyrosine (2g atleast up to 3 grams) than NALT in any dosages. But hey, it's still tyrosine at the end of the day. Choline bitartrate it's a good ingredient, altho it's a bit underdosed (again, i would have loved to see atleast 1g of it) and there are better forms of choline out there (cdp choline and alpha gpc). Nonetheless, again, it's in here so we'll take it.

But now we go into the stimulants, which honestly i feel most of us take preworkouts for anyway, right? There are 350mg of caffeine in total split into 2 forms: anhydrous (200mg) and the trademark version of citrate (KAFF2 which yelds 50% caffine, being at 300 you get 150mg of caffeine). Caffeine citrate, believe it or not, is even faster acting than anhydrous, shown to raise caffeine levels and reaching its peak in the blood within 10 to 15 minutes (while anhydrous usually takes 30 to 40 minutes to reach peak levels).
After caffeine we get a 50mg dose of the patented Theacrine Teacrine (sadly not the tasteless version). Teacrine boosts energy, mental clarity and clean focus but without the jitters, fatigued crash and tolerance build-up over time. The energy boosting effects of TeaCrine have been proven to be long-lasting as they remain noticeable for a prolonged period after consumption. Again, i would have loved to see 100mg of teacrine but 50mg is a good dose nonetheless (hey, don't judge me, im a stim junkie lol).
To close the stimulants blend we have in Outlift amped are 1.5mg of Rauwolscine which is standardized 90% of Alpha Yohimbine. Rauwolscine is an alpha-receptor antagonist that can block the action of receptors responsible for stopping fat breakdown. Consuming before you train allows your body to keep breaking down fat beyond the point in exercise where it would normally stop which in turn helps to promote longer lasting energy, endurance and stamina. It also increase your body temperature and heart rate, so not only it mobilize fats to be used for energy, you will burn extra calories via thermogenesis and the increased heart rate.

Outlift Amped comes in 3 flavors: Cosmic Blast (which are a mix of fruit, kinda like fruit punch but not really a fruit punch, it's hard to describe lol), Fruit Candy (a mix of fruit based candies) and lastly Peach Pineapple. So far i have tried the Cosmic Blast and the Peach Pineapple one. Both are very very good flavors. I personally preferred the peach pineapple, and i would describe it as a non alcoholic cocktail if you drink it with ice cold water. I'd say the peach pineapple is a solid 9/10 and the cosmic blast is an 8/10. Mixability is perfect, it's a very fine powder so you won't have trouble mixing it. This is a true one scooper giving the high content of caffeine and alpha yo in it. I wouldn't go further than a scoop and a half honestly (i tried 2 scoops once, but over the years i found that my limit of alpha yo is 2mg and at 2 scoops for me it was simply too much). There are 20 servings and the scooper (fun fact: the scooper has a little funnel attached on top so you could mix it in a water bottle too if you forget your shaker or don't have one) and one serving it's 22.3g. Also to note that the scoop was ON POINT (i have a microscale, and one levelled scoop it's, if not exactly, well close to 22.3g). Big plus.

This is a solid preworkout. If you can take the alpha yohimbine im sure you will have a blast. Tons of long lasting energy, tons of sweat, tons of fun. The focus is honestly so so (i was expecting that) but muscle power and drive were amazing. Especially muscle power. So i might take my marketing bs thoughts on creatine magnapower back now that i think about it lol.

This is the real con of this supplement: you're looking at 20 servings for 50 bucks (basically more than 2.5$ a scoop). Is it worth it? I'd say yes IF you can afford it and if you can take the alpha yo. Honestly, i'd consider this a treat, and get it only when i want something different.

Side Effects

Bathroom runs if you didn't make a pit stop before taking this lol, especially if you have it on a empty stomach. But hey, that's the high caffeine content, it's normal.

Conclusion

To wrap this up i think this is a fantastic pre (yeah ok, i might be a bit of a nutrex fanboy as you might have noticed lol) but i think it truly is. Great lablel, fully disclosed, nicely doses, great taste and fantastic long lasting energy. As i said, the real con here is the price. But again, you get what you paid for.
  • Cosmic Burst: 8/10
  • Peach Pineapple: 9/10

9.2
6.3
  March 26, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clinical Doses
  • No Prop Blends
  • Good Focus
  • Great Energy
  • Good Pump

What is going on guys? I have another pre-workout for you guys today from the awesome people at Nutrex. I'd like to give a shoutout to SR and Nutrex for making this possible and I'm always thankful for the awesome opportunity we have here.

The profile is a head turner, as in it has beastly potential.

1 scoop = 21.3g That is insanely large for a pre-workout

8g of Citrulline Malate: Surpassing the clinical dose by 2g this is sure to give you insanely wicked pumps

3.2g of Beta-Alanine: This is the exact clinical dose recommended for optimal performance. This is your endurance enhancer that allows you to squeeze in extra sets at the end of your workout and also gives you the tingly sensation on your face if you're not quite accustomed to taking it daily.

2.5g of Betaine: I feel like so many companies overlook this ingredient. It's attributes are similar to beta-alanine but it focuses more on giving you that muscle fullness look and feel.

2g of Taurine: A great addition, but more of a role player in my opinion. I find it's effects to be less notable than Citrulline Malate and beta-alanine but its still a great addition for the recovery benefits that come with it.

2g of Creatine Magnapower: Can you ever have too much creatine?? No, lol but I would still take my usual 5g of monohydrate with this product because I'm weirdly superstitious about my creatine to be honest.

350mg of caffeine: A big SLAP IN THE FACE! This rattled me awake and I'm an avid coffee drinker with a high caffeine tolerance. It was not overpowering at all though.

The ingredient profile was impressive to say the least. It's a very nice combination of clinical doses of proven ingredients and solid 'extras' thrown in as well. The profile is ultimately what sprung me to claim the product to begin with.

Taste: Fruit Candy, this was a jolly rancher/ starburst kind of taste that was extremely pleasant to drink. It's one of the better tasting supplements that I have used. No complaints here

Mixibility: Despite the larger serving size this product still mixed wonderfully in 8 ounces of water in a standard shaker cup. I had zero issues mixing this product.

Dosage: 1 serving pre-workout ( you really don't need any more than that). I found my sweet spot to be about 15 mins before I started my first warm-up set.

This is where the product shines in my opinion. To say that the pumps I experienced were 'beautiful' would be an understatement. I begin my workouts training heavy and then move into more volume/ hypertrophy work. I was getting that veiny ' juiced up' look in my heavy sets before I had even started really forcing blood into the muscles. The endurance was a juggernaut feeling. The combination of beta-alanine and betaine really vaulted me into a feeling of almost immunity to pain. I could punish myself throughout my pre-planned workout and then add in extra reps left and right with almost no repercussions (like pain, fatigue, ect.). The energy boost from the caffeine was spot on as well. I wasn't overpowered or nauseas from the dosage nor was I left wanting more. It was the perfect storm.

Amped goes for $39.97 making it $2.00 per serving. This is my only knock on this product. Unfortunately, I'm just not in the position to purchase a pre-workout that's $2 per serving (No matter how awesome it was).

Side Effects

Beta-Alanine Tingles

Conclusion

A really great pre-workout that's just out of the average everyday consumer's price range.

6.9
  October 1, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clinical Doses
  • Good Pump
  • Great Energy
  • Good Focus
  • The Scoopie Scoop
  • Okay Taste

I will be honest I never really looked at Nutrex products. I think I was just turned off by their old hemo rage ads with the "edgy" font, juiced up bodybuilder and not to mention those awful Vitrix ads. However, recently I have been seeing their products more and more with colorful bottles and more tasteful ads. I was intrigued when their outlift pre workout so when it came up for review I decided to try it.

Outlift Amped Cosmic Burst comes in a 20 serving container with each serving consisting of one scoop. The first pre workout ingredient is 8g of citrulline malate at a 2:1 ratio. The major benefit with citrulline malate is an increase in NO production leading to better pumps. In addition, because this has malate it can also reduce fatigue and muscle soreness. The dosage on this is really great and most pre workouts don't have close to this amount. This is followed by carnosyn beta-alanine at 3.2g dosage, which can blunt fatigue. This is the clinical dosage and I use it a lot with running but I haven't noticed too much benefit with it in the gym unless I am doing burnouts, supersets, or high reps. Next is 2.5g of betaine anhydrous, which can increase muscle fullness and size. You are getting the clinical dosage with this product. One thing to note is check other supplements to see if it has this as it can cause side effects at higher dosages (GI issues etc.). Next up you have creatine magnapower at 2g, which is supposed to have increased absorption over creatine monohydrate. However, I don't really buy into that and I would have rather had 3g of creatine monohydrate or 2g of creatine HCL (I would prefer creatine free in general). The next ingredient is 2g of taurine, which can help with recovery and increasing endurance.

The next ingredients fall under the nootropic, energy and absorption category. The first is 750 mg of n-acetyl-l-tyrosine, which has several benefits including boosting mood, focus, and alertness. This is followed by 500 mg of choline bitartrate, which again aids in focus while working out. Next is 350 mg of caffeine with 200mg coming from caffeine citrate, which is a fast acting caffeine and 150 mg from caffeine anhydrous. It is unique that this product uses two different caffeine sources. I will note that I do think the caffeine content is on the high side for me personally. After you have 50 mg of teacrine, which is a caffeine like metabolite that is touted to not have a tolerance build up like caffeine. Then there is 5mg of bioperine to increase absorption. Lastly, there is 1.5 mg of rauwolscine, which can aide in fat loss will training.

Overall, the ingredient profile is quite good with many of the ingredients having clinical dosages. I wish the creatine was either not there or used creatine mono/hcl in proper dosage. The caffeine is a little on the high side for me especially when combined with teacrine and rauwolscine.

When you first open the container you are hit with a starburst type smell. Looking at the picture on the bottle it is clear that is the flavor they are going for. It tastes almost like you took a package of starbursts and ate them all at the same time. Now, this might sound pretty good but there is a bitterness, which I think is from the teacrine. Overall, it was not bad and I was fine drinking it. As far as mixability goes, it mixed fine but there was a small amount of sediment on the bottom from what I presume was the creatine. As far as doing goes, I always took one scoop before my workout.

I want to make a mention here of the scoop. So, they went for this odd funnel scoop combo, which sounds great but it wasn't. The scoop would not always seal and it was hard to tell what an actual scoop was when attempting to use the funnel. Furthermore, it would get messy when trying to use it and some water bottles the funnel nozzle did not always fit or would get wet. If you want to see what it looks like (I cut the funnel off mine) it is called "the scoopie."

Nutrex Outlift Amped was an effective product. I want to rate the effectiveness based on the claims made by Nutrex about Outlift Amped. They claim that it promotes intense workout energy and I agree with that. I noticed that rather quickly after taking this I start to feel more energized and awake. I had to adjust when I took my pre workout because I usually drink it on the way to the gym then I do a 10 minute warm up. I noticed with this since it was more fast acting I would start drinking it when I was close to the gym and finish when I started my warm up. The energy would last for about two hours and drop rapidly after that leading to a mild crash. While working out the energy was quite good and I noticed that I sweat a lot more from what I presume was the rauwolscine. The first couple of times taking this the energy was a little overwhelming but as I got used to the product it was more even, so definitely assess your tolerance.

The next claim is amplified muscle pump and reduced fatigue. I definitely noticed a pump especially in my forearms and biceps. It was on par with other pre workouts that are dosed similar. As far as fatigue reduction went, I am not really sure how much I felt as I had a recovery supplement and protein at the time. I will note I did not see an improvement when taking this but I also did not see a drop in recovery. Lastly they claim enhanced power and strength, which I felt was there. However, I think a lot of it was due to the increased focus I had while lifting. I know sometimes when I go to the gym I just end up going through the motions but with this I was able to maintain my concentration, motivation, and focus.

Nutrex Outlift Amped goes for $39.97 making it $2.00 per serving. Comparing this to other popular pre workouts, Pre Kaged goes for $1.80 per serving and Pre Jym is $1.78 per serving. AthElite Nutrition Train is $1.71 per serving when using a coupon code. Cellucor C4 Ultimate is $2.00 per serving but can go lower with larger bottles. Overall, it is on the expensive side for a pre workout. The major thing is to look at the ingredients of the other preworkouts and decide which is more appealing to you.

Side Effects

I only experienced a minor crash and a headache every once and awhile after my workouts using this product.

Conclusion

Nutrex Outlift Amped was an effective pre workout supplement with an okay candy flavor. I did have some crashes and a headaches at times with the product. However, I noticed increase focus, energy, and muscle pumps that really helped my training. It is on the expensive side but definitely worth a try if you are looking for a pre workout to try. Thank you to Nutrex for sending out the product.

-Xcmiler
  • Cosmic Burst: 7/10

September 26, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clinical Doses
  • No Prop Blends

Hello All,

Once again it's review time. I am a 45 year old workout junkie. I work out between 3 and 7 times a week currently. During the run of this I drastically changed my eating and was looking to keep muscle and loose fat. I wanted something to give me that extra kick in the Butt on days that I knew I would be dragging. I want to thank Nutrex for offering this product up to try, as well as listing the ingredients, no prop blends. I have enjoyed their products. I should also mention the SRTrooper program, bringing us multiple opportunities to try new products and review them. I have logged this product and it follows Pages 35-39 August 10th through Sept 19th 2017.

Ok, how do we look at this, Outlift Amped has a lot of ingredients and they all are pretty much dosed as they should be. So I will talk about the ones I like to see. You can always look at the label as it is fully disclosed.

Caffeine: 350mg, yep that is right, if you want to play with the big boys you have to be sporting some caffeine. This comes in 2 varieties.
Kaff2 Citrate (200mg caffeine) It is supposedly faster acting caffeine. I posted the Nutrex page below as they have a short breakdown of ingredients.
Caffeine Anhydrous: 150mg. So adding them both up you get a pretty hard hitting stim heavy product. Which I like most days.

Citruline Malate 2:1 @8grams. This helps your endurance both for cardio and non cardio lifting. I know I previously stated that this can be dosed anywhere between 1 and 20grams. Yep that is a crazy difference. I think they should drop it to 6grams as I have less bathroom issues, but that is just me. A little more reading for you if you want. First one shows the possibility of 20 gram dosing throughout the day, with most studies being 6-8 gram single dose an hour before.

Beta-Alanine(Carnosyn) : 3.2 grams. Clinically dosed, and has shown to improve endourance. I like this stuff, and it is relatively cheap to add.

Betaine Anyhydrous: 2.5 Grams. This is suppose to help with power output, however the studies I found don't always agree. Go figure on that one, works for some not for others.

Theacrine: 50mg. This is another stimulant that also appears to not develop tolerance. I have responded well to this product since it started popping up in my supplements.

Bioperine: 5mg This is to help absorption, because as we know if you don't absorb it into your system it doesn't matter what you take.

All in all there are a lot of product in here. They all seem to be appropriately dosed and I liked how they set this up.

I was sent "cosmic Burst" and if you look at the picture, you can guess what it tastes like. I enjoyed this flavor except when I used it too many days in a row. I also tended to mix this a little more on the watery side as I don't need the strongest flavor.

I found that this mixed really well, however be warned. If you shake it too long some people have had the cover pop off. I know it warns you of it on the label so I always shook a couple times and popped the top to relieve pressure. That way I never had issues. I did notice some white residue left in the shaker after multiple doses. However this is a very fine powder in my opinion so I wasn't disappointed by it.

The dosing of this is pretty simple. 1 scoop with 8-12oz of cold water 30 to 45 minutes before workout. I typically used 12 to 14oz of water and drank it about 40 minutes before my workout. I don't think it is that hard to figure out. I did notice that some days it hit me at the 15 minute mark. However since it was a nice sustained energy it didn't adversely effect my workouts.

So did this get me up and running? I mean if it doesn't work who cares. I will say that I was totally satisfied with this product. I didn't get the cracked out feeling like Stimul8, and most days I could still do cardio. Now remember I went, no carb for about a week and then added a crud load of veggies in daily smoothies during this run. Here are some results..

Bench 5x5@145 finished the run 6x6@145 more reps more sets same weight.
Incline DB Press 2x10@40, 2x8@40 finished run at 6x8 @50. More total reps more weight.

Weight went from 236# to 220.8 so I "lost effectively 16 pounds and gained a little strength. Who could complain about that........

As of 9/26/2017
$39.97 @ www.bodybuilding.com
$49.95 @ www.nutrex.com

So this is for 20 servings, basically one month if you use it 5 days a week. If your like the "new" me and don't always need it, it lasts even longer. Either way you can't be too unhappy when you look at what is in here. You are at basically $2.00 per serving. I don't think that makes it too expensive, just a little on the high side for everyday use. When you are competing with other products that are around $30.00. I still think this is a good value, and worth having around for those "Special" workouts.

Side Effects

I increased my weights, and decreased my weight. Not bad. The only negative side effect which is manageable is the necessary bathroom trips. But as I have noted before, I just can't deal with Citrulline Mallate. I think I can handle about 6grams this has 8. But I want to stress it comes out before and after workouts, no "accidents" that just happen if you know what I mean.

Conclusion

All in all I think that this product is a very powerful and effective Pre-Workout. I would think if you are not stim tolerant you might want to half dose this, and if you are bat crud crazy you could 2 scoop it, but if you need to do that you need a break from stims. I think as this hits the other websites the price might come down a little and make it even better. I would have no problem telling people to go and try this, in fact I already have. I feel that if it worked for me while I was cutting a lot of weight it would only work better for those of you who are not trying to cut. I will finish by saying this product does what the title says, It gets you "amped" and helps you "outlift" your greatest competition, yourself.....
  • Cosmic Burst: 8/10

August 28, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clinically Dosed
  • Pumps
  • Actual Performance Benefits
  • Lack Of Focus
  • Energy Could Be Stronger

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
I'm a natural bodybuilder who is attending the University of Arizona, I run a fitness page on instagram @ boonbrandon, and I have been fascinated by supplementation for quite awhile and have put hours and hours into reading sports medicine journals and research papers testing how effective supplements/individual ingredients are. I mostly am familiar with different formulations of pre workouts, so this is right down my alley.

Citrulline Malate 2:1 8 g (Nitric Oxide Production/Increased Strength Over Prolonged Use)
Carnosyn Beta-Alanine 3.2 g (Endurance and Recovery)
Betaine Anhydrous 2.5 g (Also promotes NO increase/Endurance)
Creatine MagnaPower (Creatine Magnesium Chelate) 2 g (Functions like normal creatine but "better absorption")
Taurine 2 g (Endurance and Increased Recovery)
N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine 750 mg (Focus/Mood Enhancer)
Choline Bitartrate 500 mg (Mental Energy/Focus)
Caffeine (Active) 350 mg
Kaff2 Citrate 50.2% (yielding 200mg caffeine) (Raises Caffeine Blood Levels Faster than Other Caffeine Forms)
Caffeine Anhydrous (yielding 150mg caffeine) (Okay we all know what caffeine does lol)
Theacrine (as TeaCrine) 50 mg (Energy/Focus without Tolerance Buildup)
Bioperine [(Piper nigrum extract)(fruit)] 5 mg (Enhances Absorption)
Rauwolscine 1.5 mg (Increases Duration of Fat Breakdown)

Tried summing up essentially what each ingredient is used for!!

I tried the cosmic burst flavor and I thought it was absolutely awesome. The taste was like a mixture of orange, pink, and red starburst, which is spot on considering the illustration on the bottle is very reminiscent of starburst candy (as well as the name... COSMIC burst lol) so they were right on the mark for flavor, which I was impressed by. I had absolutely no qualms with the mixability at all, aside from when it pressurized and blew up my shaker bottle *read below in side effects* but that was my fault. As far as dosing goes, no one can really complain. Everything in here is clinically dosed: the only ingredient one could argue on is Creatine, since the established "clinical dose" is 5 grams, or 3 grams for maintenance, and this has 2 grams, but those dosages are for monohydrate, and given that this is in the form of "Creatine MagnaPower" (magnesium creatine chelate) the absorption is supposedly better but there is some discretion in the studies. This article summarizes the several studies nicely: http://www.predatornutrition.com/articlesdetail?cid=magnesium-creatine-chelate-vs-creatine-monohydrate so I would have preferred the 3 grams of creatine monohydrate found in the original version of Outlift.

I have mixed feelings on the effectiveness of this product. The first few times that I used this, I was under the impression that this would probably become one of my top 3 preworkout supplements, but I feel like it was just a "honeymoon" phase because I was coming off from a break from all stimulants when I started using this so I could accurately gauge the strength (so I wouldn't have a caffeine tolerance problem). I never really got good "focus" enhancing effects from this pre workout despite it having Choline Bitartrate and Tyrosine in it, but I wasn't really expecting Mesomorph or Nitramine levels of focus anyway. The energy was okay but was nothing great in my opinion. When I finished the tub, the first pre workout I took the day after was Catalyst and I felt Catalyst was noticeably stronger in terms of energy and focus.

Having said that, aside from energy/focus the physical performance aspects of the pre were definitely there. I was putting up pretty decent numbers with consistency that I am not going to attribute to solely my training or diet. EVERY time I used the preworkout I had a super solid pump, but with 8 grams of citrulline malate it's literally impossible not to.

The cheapest this pre workout is currently listed (since the "AMPED" version is relatively new) is 40 dollars for 20 servings, so we're seeing 2 dollars per serving as the price. This is the very upper end of pre workouts, given that many of the "clinically dosed" competitors such as Catalyst, Pre-Jym, and even Legion Pulse can be found for anywhere from $1.60-$1.90 per serving. So this isn't necessarily a "great buy" but when you consider the fact that the original version of Outlift includes fully dosed BCAAs in it, it's almost as if it is both an Amino AND pre workout supplement in one, and even Outlift can be found at 1.70 per serving. Having said that, this pre IS fairly impressive with dosage and I would imagine if they come out with a 30 serving size instead of 20 serving the price may go down.

Side Effects

I was having some issues with insomnia while taking this. I have taken pre workouts with more stims in them than this and haven't had the same issues. I think TeaCrine may have been the culprit since the energy enhancing effects of TeaCrine last "a prolonged period after consumption"

Also I don't know where to put this so I will just put it in the "side effect" category but it's something that happened to my blender bottle, not me... okay so pretty much, the label says "do not shake vigorously, can cause pressurization" so I can't really say I didn't deserve it. But one day I put a scoop of the pre into my blender bottle and instead of just kinda spinning it around like I normally do, I closed the lid and fully shook it as if I was making a protein shake. Well, it foamed up (presumably because the pre contains sodium bicarbonate) and pressurized to the point that my bottle quite literally exploded and the plastic lid split open. It literally ripped in half. Once again, I'm not blaming the company, I forgot the bottle said that and was just following muscle memory of using a blender bottle to mix things haha

Conclusion

Overall, I think on paper this pre workout has an incredibly solid formula, and for the most part, it performs very well in the gym, but despite Nutrex's efforts to make this the "stronger energy" version of the Outlift, I still was left wanting a little bit more in the intensity department. I am considering buying it in the future, but would definitely buy it if the price was lower, like many of its competitors! FOR SURE worth a try at least.
  • Cosmic Burst: 9/10

August 16, 2017

• Clinical Doses

Hey guys! This is my first supplement review as an SR Troop. Want to say Thank you to SR.com for hooking me up with this opportunity to sample products i might not every buy on my own either because of price or another reason.

Nutrex did an excellent job by clinically dosing all of the ingredients with no "prop" blend. With 3.2g of beta-alanine i get just enough tingle to "feel" that is working. 8g of citrulline malate really gets my muscles pumping. The 350mg of caffeine citrate & anydrous combined with 50mg of teacrine hits the spot with the energy. I want to say this was my first time trying a supplement with Teacrine and i can definitely tell the difference. It helps to extend the energy to last during my full 1.5hr workout. My favorite part is the 750mg of N-ACETYL-L-Tyrosine because it allows me to really focus on my workout to keep the pump going and sweat flowing. it also has 2.5g of betaine anhydrous to help with the blood flow to muscles and 2g of creatine magnapower which is supposed to create a higher level of absorption than regular mono.

Serving size is 1 scoop and not to exceed more than 1-scoop per day. I started out with taking a 1/2 dose for the first few days then bumped up to the full dose. I would recommend the same for others. It states to drink 30-45 minutes prior to working out. Typically things hit me a little quicker (15 min) but this was pretty spot on with the 30 min.
Mixability was great! I only had to swirl my cup around a few times to get it to dissolve before it was ready to drink with no chunks or leftover powder.
Now to the taste, this is one of the best parts. I had the fruit candy, and let me tell you, it taste just like candy.

Outlift Amped was effective in all areas of my workout. Energy/Endurance/Pumps/Strength. I workout on average for 1.5 hrs and it last my entire workout. I was able to keep the same energy throughout the full 1.5 hrs and it helped me knock out a few more reps than normal. It gave me just enough pump to see and feel the fullness without the cramping and cutting my reps too short. As for strength, i showed an increase in strength and i could really tell this by the end of my workout. Going up in weight and/or knocking out more reps.

This is the only issue i have with this product. I did not buy this product so i looked up the prices. $40 for 20 servings, that is just too much money for me to spend personally. I like to stay around $1-$1.50 per serving. So at $2 a serving, I would not purchase unless their was a good discount offered or if i had some extra money to burn.

Side Effects

As for side effects, I only had one and it was hit and miss. I workout in the morning at 4am, so with nothing on my stomach I had to hit the bathroom a sometimes. No nausea, just would make me have to go.

Conclusion

In conclusion, i found Nutrex Outlift Amped to be a great product and I would recommend this too others as long as they do not mind spending the money. This has everything you would want in a pre and at clinical doses it would be one of my top picks. Just wish it was a little cheaper so i could take on regular basis.

May 24, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clinical Doses
  • No Prop Blends
  • Good Focus
  • Great Energy

Catching up on some reviews today and next up is a preworkout Outlift Amped by Nutrex. Preworkouts are a staple for most of us, as with busy lives comes the need for energy in the gym. I usually workout after work so the boost is much appreciated. I was a little hesitant to jump on this, as I have reviewed the original Nutrex Outlift and had some sides with it. Being such a stellar profile and a different version I thought I'd give it a try and see if it had improved for me, and I am glad I did. More below.

Attached the supplement facts, and as you can see it's stellar. Clinical doses of all the ingredients most commonly used in preworkouts. 8 g of citrulline for pump, 3.2 g of beta alanine for endurance, 2.5 g of Betaine, 2 g of designer creatine mag a power, good doses of focus ingredients like choline and tyrosine, and then stims with a blend of extended release caffeine, theacrine, and rauwolscine. This is just about all you could ask for in a pre, only qualms is that I am off an on with citrulline effective and some agmapure might be a nice addition, but other than that this has everything you could need in a preworkout profile with great doses. A+ profile.

Standard dosing with one scoop 30 min preworkout. Mixability was very good, the bottle warns you not shake very hard as it causes pressure and it's true, a good shake makes the shaker pop but no big deal. Taste? Absolutely amazing. I had their new fruit candy flavor and it tastes EXACTLY like Runts. I really enjoyed the flavor, a little nostalgic. Although it had artificial sweeteners, there are no dyes which I appreciate.

Extremely effective in all the areas a preworkout needs to be.

Energy: solid, long lasting energy that lasted throughout my 45 min - hour lifting session and then 30 min cardio afterwards. The blends of stims seemed to produce a very constant stream of energy and prevented a crash which with such a high dose is very nice. Great results here.

Endurance: great endurance throughout the workouts, added sets here and there and extended my lifts sessions. Strong beta alanine tingles at first that did wear off near the end, but the endurance never suffered. Hand in hand with the energy.

Pumps: Surprisingly consistent as I am usually hit or miss with citrulline. Definitely had muscle fullness and increased veinage on the. Key parts I was working that day. Always helpful for blood flow, strength, and vanity.

Strength: Although your training and diet will be the key factors here, I did go up in strength on some accessory lifts and I will attribute it to the Magnapower. I do like designer creatines quite a bit, and because my main lifts are staying steady because of my body weight is going down I did see some strength gains in the accessory lifts wear weight distribution isn't as big of a deal.

So this is wear the main point of contention will be with most users. $42 for 20 servings is intense. The only way I can justify it is this is in all in one clinically dosed I have to get it done preworkout. Most of us workout 4-5 days a week, so this will last a month. If you consistent,y use designer creatines, you can save a little cash since this includes it as well. You get what you pay for and if you have a month where you need everything in your side in the gym, this is a solid preworkout of choice. Other solid and loaded preworkouts are cheaper, the best comparison would be Nutrabio PRE, but I have found really packed preworkouts can be hit or miss and I can say without a doubt this worked for me so I would buy again.

Side Effects

None, and this is an improvement on the original. The original was clinically dosed as well, but sometimes I would get very nauseous and it would run right through me. This never happened with this version so I was very happy.

Conclusion

Very expensive, but has everything you need and worked great for me every time. A winner.

May 24, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clinical Doses
  • Thermogenic

-----
Update 09/12/2017:
Peach Pineapple flavor 8/10
-----

I want to thank Nutrex for granting me the opportunity to give Outlift Amped a full look and assessment... So that I can contribute my experience to everyone else.

Ingredients
8g Citrulline Malate
-Fully dosed nitric oxide booster, muscular endurance
3.2g Carnosyn Beta Alanine
-Fully dosed lactic acid buffer, muscular endurance, synergist with creatine
2.5g Betaine Anhydrous
-Fully dosed inhibitor that enhances creatine uptake
2g Creatine MagnaPower
-Creatine bonded with chelated magnesium
2g Taurine
-Fully dosed amino acid used to draw water into the muscle.
750mg N-Acetyle-L-Tyrosine
-Mood enhancement, focus
500mg Choline Bitartrate
-Focus, brain health
350mg Caffeine
-Kaff2 Citrate 50.2% 200mg caffeine
-Caffeine Anhydrous 150mg caffeine
50mg Teacrine Theacrine
-Stimulant, focus, mood enhancement, blunts soreness
5mg Bioperine
-Fully dosed for nutrient absorption
1.5mg Rauwolscine
-Blood pressure control, blood flow control, fat burning

Taste
The Fruit Candy flavor was provided for my TROOP order. For a product this loaded, especially with stim, I can definitely accept that this flavor isn't great at all. It's very artificial with a low key sour hint that helps you lose the bitterness that can come from the ingredients. However, it's because of those same ingredients that I appreciate how successful Outlift Amped is at not being an awful flavor.

Mixability / Dosing
Outlift Amped mixed pretty well but had some minor settling after a moment. This no big deal as a bit of a rattle before you drink it can get all of the mix down. For the sake of your adrenal glands, this should be capped off at one scoop.

I really struggled with the way Outlift Amped performed, because it worked as well as the label suggests. The citrulline, beta alanine, betaine and magnesium creatine all do well for the workout just as one can hope. I'm allowed to enjoy my heavy lifting... but what creates the struggle is how good of a job the stim and thermogenics were doing.

Working out at 5am means I don't have any solid food at all before taking Outlift Amped or any other pre-workout. This allows a heavy stim profile like this to hit me pretty hard. It comes off pretty clean with dialed up focus, but I get some low level jitters. Also the fat burning ingredients don't just start working during the workout, but extend hours beyond. I'll feel the burn literally in the places where I carry my body fat. This all comes at the cost of being forced to stay on top of your hydration, despite having a few ingredients geared for pulling water to muscle. One might have to hit the bathroom a couple more times a day when you're taking this pre.

As of this posting, the list of retailers I managed to find carrying the Fruit Candy flavor is very short. By short I mean only direct from Nutrex for $49.95. The Peach Pineapple flavor can be found at a few more stockists for as low as $40, which is a more sensible price for this caliber of pre-workout. Although Fruit Candy hasn't been out very long, it would make sense to send it to the retailers that are already carrying Peach Pineapple.

Side Effects
Diuretic - an additional bathroom trip or two for the day. Jitters if tolerance doesn't match up or too far removed from a solid meal.

What's Missing? Pump
Outlift Amped isn't designed to give you a true, dedicated pump. You will get some loaded muscle from the creatine, betaine and taurine working together. There MIGHT be some vascularity from the citrulline malate if your body responds as such. But there wasn't something extra for water pump like a form of glycerol; or something for the 'hot air balloon' pump like Nitrosigine or NitroRX.

Conclusion
Like the original Outlift, Outlift Amped did well with the full dosages. It was a welcome upgrade to insert betaine and magnesium creatine but it's unfortunate that it came at the cost of the BCAAs and Creapure. Nonetheless, the muscle strength and power aspects were slightly better than with the original Outlift.

Another welcomed quality was the fat burning. The teacrine and rauwolscine creeps in after every other ingredient starts to take effect during the workout. So long as I kept my water up, the fat burning kept on going for several hours post-workout.

What also goes without saying is that it's guaranteed to wake you up in the morning. However, I suggest some appropriate timing with solid foods. It wasn't best that I use something like this on my kind of morning routine. Messing with this single scoop first thing in the morning on an empty stomach will allow the stims to kick you harder than what would be ideal.

Right now, it's tough to find this product. This would be a wise choice for someone who seeks top tier stim along with full dosing and muscular strength output. Nutrex has a good one here. Hopefully Outlift Amped can fill some inventory among our known stores.

Thank you for taking the time.
As usual: thoughts, comments, critique are all welcome and encouraged.
  • Fruit Candy: 6/10

May 5, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clinical Doses
  • No Prop Blends

Nutrex is one of the few companies that I trust in the supplement industry. I have tried a bunch of their products to include both versions of Outlift. One of the things I enjoyed about Nutrex Outlift is the clinical dosing and label transparency. There are some differences between Outlift and Outlift Amped - with Outlift Amped there are added stimulant ingredients while they removed 6g of 2:1:1 BCAAs. During the duration of this review I was training 4 to 5 days a week.

Highlights
FULL CLINICALLY DOSED PRE-WORKOUT WITH A KICK!
MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE BASED ON REAL SCIENCE COUPLED WITH EXTREME ENERGY!
PROMOTES INTENSE WORKOUT ENERGY, POWER & STRENGTH
AMPLIFIES MUSCLE-PUMP & HELPS REDUCE FATIGUE
NO PROPRIETARY BLEND & NO ARTIFICIAL COLORS

There is not much wrong with this ingredient profile.... You get a transparent label, scientifically backed ingredients and clinical dosages. There are eleven (11) main ingredients that make up Outlift Amped Pre-Workout Powerhouse. I'm not going to go over every ingredient but I did want to highlight some:

350 total mg of Caffeine- 200mg from Kaff2 Citrate 50.2% and 150mg from caffeine anhydrous

1.5mg Rauwolscine- A powerful plant alkaloid that functions as a strong CNS stimulant - alternative form of Yohimbine. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6276200

2g Creatine MagnaPower- Magnesium Creatine Chelate (MCC) - Creatine is chelate bonded to a magnesium salt to enhance absorption and bioavailability in the body. http://www.creatinemagnapower.com/category-blog/mg-creatine-chelate-research

Nutrex goes over every ingredient in depth here: http://www.nutrex.com/product/outlift-amped/

Nutrex currently offers two different flavors for Outlift Amped and I received the Fruit Candy flavor. The flavor was actually not bad, I thought it would taste like fruit punch considering the name but it actually tasted more like Smarties. There wasn't too much wrong with mixability other than some settlement at the bottom of my shaker. In regards to dosing I mixed one scoop in 12 oz of water about 30 min or so before each training session. With the clinical dosing there was no point to use more than one serving.

This was a good product in terms of energy, pumps and focus but not in line with its previous version. Energy swept in around the time I started training and it wasn't anything overwhelming... a boost but not a huge one. I would've thought with 8g of CM that I would get great pumps but that category was lacking. If anything I had a better feeling of endurance over pumps with the citrulline malate. Since I train in my garage gym there isn't a big need for added focus but that was lackluster and didn't really feel anything. For having so much promise this product was just good not great.

With the good - comes the bad with Outlift Amped...... this is the bad. The cheapest value I could find was on Amazon for $40 or $2 per serving. At most other retailers they are selling in between $45 and $50. I definitely would consider paying up for a product that is transparent and effective but not at this price point. In order for me to purchase a tub of Outlift Amped there would have to be a good coupon or bogo.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion if your looking to buy Nutrex Outlift I would stick to buying the original formula. This had so much promise with the ingredient profile and dosages but it was underwhelming for me. There are a bunch of other pre-workouts with a similar profile that are much cheaper in my opinion.
  • Fruit Candy: 8/10

December 30, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clinical Doses
  • No Prop Blends
  • More Expensive Than Obama Care
Supplement Facts
Being a big fan of the previous Nutrex Outlift I was eagerly looking forward to reviewing this product, while they have become a big Clinically dosed company in recent years. When they announced the new Amped version I was interested in what exactly was to be change, but in short "basically removed the pre-workout's 6g of 2:1:1 BCAAs and replaced them with a handful of performance, energy, and focus ingredients." Taking BCAAs before working out can enhance your performance, and as below I have compared my experience of the two formulas in terms of effectiveness. I don't need to break the label down completely, but some highlights that I like are: Clinical and Efficient dosages, the combination of stimulants prove to be effective yet can be used with less of a serving if stimulant sensitive. That is basically it, there is nothing really unique about this formula other than they are high Clinical dosages which makes it a potent product.

Taste + Mixability + Dosing
I loved the flavors available for the previous version, but unfortunately the only flavor available currently is Peach Pineapple. I have never been a fan of Pineapple flavor, but it was surprisingly good and tasty! Mixability is rather good, especially concerning the larger serving size of 22.3g which is less than the original version. There was some sediment if you let it sit too long, but I didn't have a problem finishing it. Dosing was started at 1 serving which I never went over, but I did try around 3/4 serving a few times.

Effectiveness 8.3/10
The first time I ran the previous version I was just amazed, being I had came from a stimulant break and it just seemed to hit the spot. So when I received this one I gave it a week off all stimulants, just to give it the best chance to perform. Starting on the first day at 1 full serving I was set on energy in the gym, with some decent focus yet nothing surprising. It did allow me to work past the routine that I had intended for the day, giving me more endurance for a few more sets and other exercises. Pump was good as I always respond well to 8g Citrulline Malate, where it was fullness but not skin ripping feeling. At this point I had to decide if I wanted to go up on the serving amount, but decided not to due to the CM dosage. For those who don't know, CM will give you gastric distress if taking too much at once which I have experienced many times but I am good with just 8g. I ran 1 serving each time for the majority of the container, with a few days that I have taken 3/4 serving due to being after work or later in the day. Of which performed less than mentioned above, but enough to get a decent workout in. Overall I was not terribly impressed with the performance of this product, where I would rate: Pump 8/10, energy 8.5/10, endurance 8.7/10, and focus 8.2/10. What really surprised me about the performance is that the 750mg NALT wasn't as potent as it once was, and the fact that this was meant to be the more potent formula.. lackluster would be the word to describe it.

Value 7.4/10
While I do believe these ingredients and dosages are really good, the price doesn't warrant good value. Online you can find this for around $48 with only 20 servings ($2.40 per serving), which the previous formula is easily found for $35 at 20 servings ($1.75 per serving). Being in my experience I found the previous version to be more effective I would see no reason to purchase this version at this cost.

Conclusion 7.9/10
Based on my experience with this formulation along with the previous one, I can honestly say that this product did not perform as well. Therefor I would not recommend it completely, as long as the previous one is being made. While it was effective and gives natural competing users (aka non DMAA/DMHA/Amp C), there are many other products out there which are clinically dosed as this one but have a much better value.
  • Peach Pineapple: 8/10