Ranks #13 (better than 95%)
In: Pre-Workout > Stimulant

Outlift is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Nutrex. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
FORUM TOPICS

June 15, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed
  • Clinically Effective Dosages
  • Clean Energy
  • Improved Stamina
  • Dye Free
  • Premium Price
  • Heavily Flavored

I grabbed Outlift based on all the strong reviews I was reading from respected Troopers. Seemed like yet another awesome preworkout product that I needed to try.

Fully disclosed and effectively dosed. How many preworkouts can you say that about these days? Outlift is fairly basic and straightforward, which I respect and prefer. Sometimes all the additives and blends and extracts in today's pres make me nervous. And I really hate when companies don't disclose the full dosages of all stimulants in a product.

Regardless, this hits you hard with 350mg of caffeine, drops in a solid 8g of Citrulline Malate, further supports your pumps and focus, and is assisting with recovery with 6g of BCAAs. That's more BCAAs in a single serving than most BCAA supplements! My only gripe is the creatine. I'd prefer to supplement that separately.

I requested and received the Miami Vice flavor which I really did not enjoy. The flavoring was very strong and reminded me of gross pineapple cocktails. Not the worst tasting preworkout I've tried, but I'd definitely go with Blue Raspberry if I was to order this again.

The scoops are large but each dose mixes surprisingly well with only slightly foaming. I dosed one scoop in 12 oz. of water and sipped on the way to the gym usually 30 minutes prior to working out.

Outlift is no joke. The company says clinically dosed and effective ingredients and they mean it. The energy was stellar for me. A strong kick with no crash and the best Beta Alanine tingles I've gotten from a preworkout in a long time. The stamina was also excellent as were the pumps. I was crushing workouts on this stuff. It's consistent, well-rounded, and delivers. Most of my workouts are hypertrophy-focused, so I'm not as concerned on strength boosts or 1MRs. I want a preworkout that helps me push through my sessions with aggression and gets me to my 15 mins of cardio with energy to spare and Outlift did exactly that.

Ah. Here's the stinger. Outlift is fairly expensive. Most sites are listing it at $35 for only 20 scoops - a per dose cost of $1.75. The industry average, from my research, is right around $1.00. Of course when you consider the quality of Outlift, its effectiveness, its clinically dosed and quality ingredients, it's no surprise it's more expensive than most competitor preworkouts. I think the value question here is really individualized. If you're on a budget, this is probably not the best product for you. If you want to stay away from prop blends and get a product where you KNOW every ingredient is effective then I can see being fine with spending more money.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Read just about any review for this product - it's a winner. An expensive winner, but a winner. I'd absolutely recommend this preworkout to anybody. And honestly, I hope this is the direction more supplement companies are headed. Hiding core ingredients in a SUPER ENERGIZING PUMP COMBO BLEND MATRIX is foolish in my opinion. I want to know I'm getting effective ingredients dosed at an appropriate level, and that's the reason I'll companies like Nutrex will continue to get all my business.
  • Miami Vice: 4/10

Advertisement:
Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

7.1
  May 3, 2017

• Clinically Dosed
  • Huge Pumps
  • Restroom Runs
What's going on SR Family! I would like to share my experience with OUTLIFT by Nutrex, which I would like to thank for allowing me to try and for participating in the Trooper program. As someone like myself, who is always on the hunt for good solid performing pre-workout, when OUTLIFT came up for the Troopers to try, I jumped on the opportunity. I am a strong believer that a good pre-workout should not only give you energy, but provide additional ingredients to compliment your workout. So, did I OUTLIFT my workout buddy? Let us find out

The profile on OUTLIFT is fully disclosed, which we all love to see what we are putting in our bodies and how much of it. I enjoyed the fact that OUTLIFT as BCAA included; therefore, you get a 2 for 1 type product. Here are some of the goodies that are in OUTLIFT:

Citrulline Malate - There is 8 grams of this in OUTLIFT and for some, anything over 6 Grams, gives us that pump to the rest room; however, great pumps during the workout is great to have!

Caffeine Anhydrous - There is 350 mg, this is the only caffeine component in OUTLIFT, which is nice, for those who do not like taking a pre-workout with stuff like DMAA and DMHA

As for the BCAA in OUTLIFT, there is 3 grams of L-Leucine, which is about the clinical dose recommended. There are many benefits of taking L-Leucine, like increase muscle protein synthesis, stabilizing blood glucose levels, and preventing muscle protein breakdown. In addition, there is 3.2 grams of Beta-Alanine! If you don't like the feeling of 1,000,000 ants running around your body, then get ready!

Taste on OUTLIFT was not bad, I am one of those that as long as the product works, I do not care what it taste like.

Mix - There we no issues other than a little popping if you kept the top of your shaker cup on for too long.

Dosing - I took one scoop, I was not going to go higher than that since 350 mg of caffeine is a good jolt for me, 20 minutes before hitting the gym.

OUTLIFT did what it was set out to do, beat the hell out of everyone in the gym next to you. I enjoyed the energy I got from OUTLIFT, it kicked in pretty quick for me. The tingles from the Beta-Alanine were off the chains, they kick in just before the energy starts slapping you around. The pumps were great on OUTLIFT, which I always test the pump factor of a product with a nice set of old school 21s; by the 3rd set, my biceps wanted to fly off.

While taking OUTLIFT, I was able to hit some of my best 1MR on bench, shoulders, and back. I enjoyed the fact that the Creatine in OUTLIFT did not make me retain water or feel bloated as I normally react to Creatine in that fashion. In addition, when I would finish off on the treadmill, I would do 30 to 45 minutes and I felt like I could keep going. Furthermore, due to the high amount of Beta-Alanine, I was able to do higher fast paced reps, since the lactic acid build up was pretty much neutralized.

The lowest I was able to find was for about $30.00. People might think that this is high for a product that just gives you 20 servings; however, keep in mind, there is a full spectrum of BCAA included in OUTLIFT. Now, if you work out 20 days straight, then yeah, OUTLIFT could be pricey.

Side Effects

The only side I got on a few occasions was the urge to start my workout in the restroom. It is the way my body reacts to high dose of Citrulline Malate.

Conclusion

To me OUTLIFT is a well put together pre-workout/BCAA product. I personally do not care to see Creatine in a pre-workout, in my opinion, Creatine should be something taken separately. The energy for me from OUTLIFT was clean, no crashing, and it supported what Nutrex claimed OUTLIFT would do. Of course, everyone reacts differently to the same product, to me, OUTLIFT is one that I will be picking up again in the near future.

Advertisement:

• Clinically Dosed
  • Huge Pumps
  • Huge Vascularity
  • Pricey

Hey SR folks- & thank you to Nutrex for the opportunity to try this PWO Outlift. I was pretty much ready to write off PWOs and return to my standard practice of mixing my own pump ingredients and taking some caffeine, but then I tried this and I'm a believer again.

Fully Disclosed (+1) and clinically dosed (+1)

Citrulline Malate 2:1 @ 8g provides huge vascularity at that dose
Carnosyn @ 3.2g provides tingles in every dose (sometimes too much for me) and an extra rep or two
Creapure @ 3g-could have done without this actually
Leucine/Isoleucine/valine @ 6g 2:1:1 blend provides a bit of help to endurance
Taurine @ 2g for a little more pump
Caffeine @ 350mg gives the perfect boost in one shot
Acetyl Tyrosine @ 150mg for a bit of focus
Bioperine to help with absorption

Sweetened with Sucralose

No artificial dyes

Taste: Fantastic-easily the best tasting PWO I've had since NO-Xplode, and honestly it's been so long since I took that, possibly the best ever. I HATE the way PWO drinks usually taste, but this was actually pleasant. I received Miami Vice and it just tasted fruity. The flavor that seemed most prominent was pineapple.

Mixability: This WILL explode, but not as bad as others I've tried. I typically threw it in a shaker, shook, and drank. There was always a good amount of foaminess to it, but that's no bother. At the end, there were very few particles left over.

Dosing: You had to shake the container prior to mixing, and this actually did seem to have an impact on the 1 occasion I didn't do that & noticed diminished effects. From there, 1 scoop 20 minutes prior to your lift and you're off.

Every time I took this I immediately felt alert, had tingles from head to toe, and huge vascularity. My workouts were better and longer, and I was able to push myself harder. Sometimes the Carnosyn was a little much for me; I don't really like the tingles. If I didn't head to the gym right after taking it, it was a bother. It always settled down once I got rolling though. The citrulline had my arm veins looking like firehoses, plus I was getting veiny in my shoulders, chest, and even legs. Muscle fullness was huge, but I was getting extra creatine citrate intra-workout as well, so that might have had an effect there.

Recovery wise I was solid from one set to the next, one lift to the next, and one day to the next. Definitely felt sore after my lifts, but once I got in again the next day and warmed up I felt strong and didn't notice that.

This stuff is too expensive. I was able to find it for $34.95 at supplement central, which is about $1.75 per scoop (20 servings). That's kind of a lot. All the same, I loved it and I do plan to buy it again. That said, the price of $34.95 was marked down from $70 no WAY would I pay $70.

Side Effects

None- no headaches, no crash, no frequent trips to the bathroom, nothing.

Conclusion

I'm really bummed to be out of this stuff. It really renewed my belief in PWOs as a category and provided a simple straight-forward choice in a land where the blends seem to be getting more and more complicated.

For a stim junkie, it might leave a bit to be desired with only caffeine in there to provide a jolt of energy, but I really don't like the DMHA and infinergy, and all the other stuff companies are adding nowadays. I understand why it's in there, but it either doesn't agree with me & my head or stomach, or it keeps me up all night. Outlift struck the perfect balance.

My only gripe is the creatine. It's creapure, which is good, but it's also monohydrate which isn't going to provide much in terms of immediate effects. Moreover, you'd really need 5g to replace an alternative source of creatine, so at 3g it makes it a little tricky to get to 5g elsewhere without water retention.

Creatine aside, if you can afford Outlift, go buy it and lift hard!
  • Miami Vice: 8/10

March 11, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Transparently Dosed
  • Full Dosing
Ingredients
Right at the top of the label is 8g of Citrulline Malate which is a absolutely clear, clinical overdose. Beta Alanine is also fully dosed at 3.2g. What we don't see often enough is real Creapure creatine monohydrate at a solid pre-workout 3g.

A careful omission from pre-workouts when it comes to being fully dosed is the BCAAs. So this is not only a 2:1:1 ratio of BCAAs, it's with a full 3g dose of leucine. For some pump and hydration, there is a heavy 2g of taurine. The stim/focus department is well covered with 350mg of caffeine and 150mg of N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine. A great ingredient for overall gut absorption that I like to see at the bottom of any label is 5mg of BioPerine.

Taste
Nutrex was so great as to send me the Miami Vice flavor. The easiest description is a coconut-ish fruit punch. It's not a very profound flavor... but it's there and it's cool to have every day before my workouts.

Mixability / Dosing
It's not surprising that with such heavy ingredients that some settling does happen in the mix if you don't down it right away. You will get it all if you get a little shake in before every gulp. This one doesn't need more than a single dose, but I would go with less for the sake of a person that is smaller or a lightweight for stims.

Plain and simple, this bad boy WORKS. It gets you to be able to get the job done, so long as you're doing the real work. I had no struggles with bloat or missing water thanks to having the legit creatine paired with taurine.

What didn't come through was the caffeine. For a 350mg shot, it was pretty weak. I didn't miss it since I don't need stim to function as some others might. But you do want a product that does what the label says it's gonna do. Fortunately it was saved by having a good foundation of focus... not great but it's good enough.

A container has a price range from $30 on the low end to as high as $45, with normal price points between $35 - $40. This is a justified price for this kind of pre-workout in my opinion. I would definintely be good to pay $30 - $35 for a pre that is this solid.

Side Effects
Check your stim tolerance.

Conclusion
I want to make it a thing with every review to point out what I think is missing. Any good pre-workout, whether or not it has creatine, should have a decent dose of betaine as well. Don't get me wrong, 2g of taurine does well in a similar way. I just believe that if you're putting a worthwhile creatine dose, there should be beta alanine and betaine paired with it. That's my school of thought these days.

That criticism now off my chest, Outlift is a very worthy pre-workout that lives up to its name. I found myself some days wanting more from the flavor, but I can't argue with it not falling short and being dye free.

Thanks for taking the time.
As usual: all thoughts, comments, questions, concerns and critique will be welcome.
  • Miami Vice: 7/10

March 1, 2017

• Pricey
  • Headaches
Big thanks and a shout-out to the peeps over at Nutrex Research for their contribution of this product to the TROOPs here at SR.com. One of the trends in the modern day supplement world that I am happy to see is these clinically dosed and fully disclosed pre-workouts. The days of the prop blend are dying a slow, agonizing death and I couldn't be more happy to see that.

Dosage: 1 scoop taken 20-30 minutes prior to hitting the gym.

Ingredient Profile (9/10): As advertised, this product delivers clinically verified dosages of proven ingredients. The formula starts off with 8 grams of Citrulline Malate, you're hard pressed to find any other product out there right now that will hit you with that much Citrulline.

Next up is 3.2 grams of Beta Alanine, which is the magic number when it comes to Beta Alanine. Personally one of my favorite supplements overall is Beta Alanine, and nothing drives me more crazy than when a product only has 1 or 2 grams of it.

You get 3 grams of Creapure, which to me is far and above the best form of creatine out there bar none. 3 grams is the minimum you should be taking everyday for creatine, I would have been happier with 5 grams, so I do knock off a little bit for that.

Then you get 6 grams of BCAAs in it's traditional 2:1:1 formula, 3 grams Leucine, and 1.5 grams of Isoleucine, and Valine. BCAAs are also one of the most vital supplements I believe one can take, and should be consumed before, during, and after exercise. I personally like seeing a pre-workout product feature BCAAs, and I think is a trend we should see more of.

Next up is 2 grams of Taurine, which is a good dose and about as high as you want to go and still reap the blood flow and energy benefits of Taurine.

A very generous dose of 350mg of Caffeine Anhydrous, and it's topped off with 150mg of Acetyl-Tyrosine and 5mg Bioperine for enhanced amino absorption.
Overall a pretty solid lineup, and one that is tough to beat.

Mixture (6/10): If this product has any drawbacks, it's in this department. To start off with you have to handle this product with kid gloves when you mix it...think the old school N.O. Xplode...can't really shake it up or else your shaker cup turns into a pressure bomb. SO the best you can do is swirl it or spoon mix it, which results in mass amounts of foam and powder stuck to the walls of your shaker cup. There was also typically small amounts of undissolved powder when you got to the bottom as well.

Taste (8/10): The flavor I got to sample was called "Miami Vice", which appears to be a fruit flavor mixture of pineapple, cherry, orange, strawberry, and coconut judging by the picture. It was overall pretty pleasant with a nice light and sweet taste to it. No nasty aftertaste or bitterness.

Effectiveness (9/10): This product shines in most facets of the gym: strength, endurance, energy and pumps all get high marks. I was able to maintain and/or improve weight and reps on essentially all of my exercises, always felt amped up throughout my hour to hour and a half workout, and always felt a nice pump and blood flow going through my veins. As far as focus I didn't notice much, and not nearly as intense as I have felt with other pre-workouts I've previously used. Overall though this is up there with some of the best pre-workouts I've used and consistently delivered in most of the vital areas of performance.

Side Effects: The come down off of this product was mild, but I didn't crash after the gym. 350mg is a lot of caffeine though, so I did get headaches at times throughout my use of this product but nothing too severe.

Value (7.5/10): Cheapest spot to grab this that doesn't look like a fly-by-night website is Allstarheath.com at $29.45 for a 20 serving tub, or about $1.47 per serving. That is pretty steep, however I give some points back since you don't have to spend extra money to get a separate or bulk container of Beta-Alanine or BCAAs to throw in and get the same effects with this. I'd say this product is worth a splurge or if you can find it on a good sale.

All in all, this is a very solid and comprehensive pre-workout. It's nice to see a product that utilizes effective dosages of effective ingredients without hiding behind a prop blend. Although a little on the pricey side, it delivers a good bang for your buck. This gets the Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
  • Miami Vice: 8/10

February 25, 2017

Introduction + Supplement facts
Huge thank you to Nutrex for their support of the SR troops program. I've tried a few of the products that nutrex makes and I've seen good results from them. When Outlift became available for the troops this was a product I've been looking forward to trying. Outlift is a clinical dosed pre workout powerhouse that will give you everything needed outlift anyone and everyone.
With outlift you get a full label discourse meaning they list everything that's in the product. By the way this bad boy packs a lot. There is a total of 19 different ingredients in outlift. Like I said nutrex put a lot into this product. Staring off you have a solid 8g of citrulline malate all I can say is holy pump city bro! Which is really nice to see. Some pre-workouts only give you 4g which is on the low end. So it's really nice to see 8g. Then you get 3.2g of CarnSyn which is a trademarked ingredient so you know that's going to cost extra. Which made a big difference in my performance the endurance really lasted longer during my workout. And those amazing tingles you get kicked in 10 to 15mins after taking it. Then you get 3g of creapure you can get more information about the quality benefits of this product at https://www.creapure.com/en/creapure%C2%AE . Then you get 6g of bcaa they have it broken down to L-leucine at3g, Isoleuicne 1.5g, and valine at 1.5g. I haven't had a lot of pre-workouts with BCAAs in them. APT superset was the last pre workout that I took that had it. The other pre-workout that also had BCAAs in it was dominate. Which really help with my DOMS after my workout to make sure all my muscles were being repaired. Now the good stuff you get 350mg of caffeine with this power house which was pretty solid even for a high-stim user like myself. Also you get NALT at 150mg let's get that focus on point people. You also get 1g of taurine to help with those extra natty pumps.

Taste + Mixability + Dosing.
I got blue raspberry for the flavor which for some reason tasted more like sprite. Overall the taste was really good even if it tasted like sprite. Didn't have any issues with mixing it but I will say after shaking it the top of my shaker cup would pop. It was like the old version of N.O. Xploed it used to do to the same. Take 1 scoop 30mins before killing it at the gym with 8-12oz of water. Oh good luck drying to do a dry scoop with this scoop size.

Effectiveness 8.4/10
Your powerhouse pre workout is here. Nutrex did a great job with the effectiveness of this product. It's truly a complete pre-workout. I got killer pumps from the 8g of citrulline. I was doing a rear delts of the pec-deck and in-between sets I was getting and arm pump from two days ago. All my years of working out this has never happen to be before. And the pumps would last even after my workout was finish. I still felt pumped up the rest of the day. The focus was really good even for not being a high-stim pre-workout outlift still delivered the energy and focus to get the job done which is "KILL THAT S**T" in the gym no talking. I really enjoy nootropics even though outlift doesn't have a lot NALT really helped out on those sluggish days. It gave me a swift kick in the a** to pick up the tempo pal we have work to do. When you have a full-time, and part-time job you are going to have those days. The 3g of creapure really help with my overall performance and increasing strength. My strength really picked up while taking outlift. I found myself wanting to do heavier weight whereas before not so much. This was for many of my workouts. I felt like natty Branch Warren with screaming let's go motherfu**er to everyone in the gym. If you looking for good overall great pre-workout that will help you get the job done while increasing helping you increase strength then outlift it is.

Value 8.8/10
At Jet.com you can get a 20 serving tub of outlift for 31.68 which was the cheapest place I could find. The cost per serving comes out to 1.58 a serving which is a little high. This is the draw back with outlift.

Side Effects

Nope no side effects

Conclusion

If you're on the market for a complete overall pre-workout outlift is just the right product for you. The price might is the only drawback. Other than that I would recommend to anyone that has a little extra cash to spend on their gainz.
  • Blue Raspberry: 9/10

June 9, 2016

• Caffeine Jitters
Hello again fit fam... I'm back with another wonderful review of a great new product called OUTLIFT. I have used a lot of different preworkouts in my day and once again I have found a preworkout that knocks my socks off. Anytime you can get a clinical dose of certain ingredients in a preworkout you have found yourself a great product. Thanks to Nutrex for hooking me up with this to try. I really appreciate it.

Once again, a product that lists their ingredients individually!!! I LOVE IT!! Keep that up. I won't bore you with all the ingredients because obviously you can read and see them for yourself but I can definitely tell you about a few that caught my eye.

Citruline Malate (8g's)- When I talked to a buddy of mine a while back about preworkouts he had mentioned that a few of these new preworkouts started putting citruline malate in their ingredients. I didn't know what it was and he said with the right amount you can expect great "pumps" and muscle fullness. When I saw that OUTLIFT had a clinical dose of citruline malate in it I thought "I have to try this" and boy was he right. The pumps are ridiculous.

It also has your basic preworkout ingredients like Beta Alanine, creatine mono, leucine, isoleucine, and valine.

Caffeine amount is pretty high for me so don't go more than the one scoop recommended. 350mg's of caffeine will have you bouncing off the walls for sure.

N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine is a brain supplement that has quickly grown in popularity. This amino acid is critical for a number of different bodily functions such as cognitive processes, building muscles, and cell growth and recovery. For this reason, almost anyone can benefit from using N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine supplements.

Bioperine- this one though me for a loop. Did some research and realized it was derived from black pepper extract. It's made by a company called Sabinsa. Sabinsa claims that Bioperine has been shown in clinical research to increase the absorption of nutrients in nutritional supplement formulations. Once I read this I realized why Nutrex put it as an ingredient. They want the body to absorb all the nutrients of their preworkout a little more than normal. I get it... if it actually works.

Taste is not bad. I had the Blue Raspberry flavor and my taste buds approved. There were no issues for me. Even the end wasn't grainy for me and the aftertaste was fine.

It mixes just fine as well. No clumping and like I said before not gritty at all for me.

Dosing is simple.... One scoop will do the trick. Anymore and your heart may explode from the amount of caffeine.

I loved taking OUTLIFT as a preworkout. It gave me wonderful energy with no real crash after the workout. My workouts seemed to last forever sometimes but this helped me get through them with no real concentration issues. I had solid, full pumps. The one thing I did notice is that the caffeine amount in it did make me more friendly at the gym. I found myself wanting to talk to more people and that could have been a bad thing if I went to the gym at busy times.

You can get this product for anywhere from $35-$40 per tub. Not bad for a one scooper. However, that just lasts 20 workouts so if you workout 5 days a week you should get a solid 4 weeks out of it. You can get more scoops with less ingredients for the same amount of money in my opinion so it all really just depends on what you are looking for in your preworkout. I'll take quality over quantity any day.

Side Effects

I guess you could say excessive talking at the gym if you can't handle the caffeine.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I'm definitely a happy camper with OUTLIFT and will definitely be using it again. Thanks so much to Nutrex for giving me the opportunity to try such a great product. TWO THUMBS UP!!!
  • Blue Raspberry: 8/10

Overall
Overall
6.9
6.6
  August 7, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Transparently Dosed
  • Some Sides

After a very successful cut, I am definitely ready to start lifting, bulking up, and gaining back my strength. I saw the profile of this product and it was very intriguing. I wanted to try something new so I gave this a run. I love preworkouts, have taken a ton, and my favorites are LGI Fully Loaded, Mr Hyde, and Nitramine. I am very stim tolerant so I definitely like my pre to have a good amount of energy. Especially since I lift after work, and after a day filled teaching 12 year olds, most days I need a jolt. After taking this product however, I think it more established what I'm looking for in a pre from now on. This is how Nutrex Outlift worked for me:

This is what caused me to purchase the product. To me, it was very impressive with some very highly and clinically dosed ingredients. Here is a copy:

8 g of citrullline for a pump, a whopping 3.2 g of beta alanine for endurance, 3G creapure, 6 g bcaa in a 2:1:1 ratio, 2 g of taurine for endurance, 350 mg of caffeine for the energy, tyrosine for focus and bioperine for absorption. Nutrex's claim to fame for this product is 10 clinically dosed ingredients for a great workout. Do I agree? Mostly, yes. I'll add more to that in the effectiveness section. My only complaints about this profile is that most are comfortable with 5g of creatine, and more and more of us are liking the creatine free preworkouts because creatine is cheap and easy to add elsewhere. Same with the bcaas. I'll always take bcaas where I can get them but I usually take an amino loaded intraworkout so I think I would like a pre to leave those out and add some more variety of ingredients into their profile.

This product takes a hit from me here. I usually buy online, however I was at Vitaminshoppe and pulled the trigger there and they only had blue raspberry. Not one of my favorites, however it was pleasant, I looked forward to the taste, and enjoyed it. Definitely a big foaming issue here though, probably due to the leucine, and I usually had to add a second round of water to get it all. There was some serious clumping issues as well in the container. I would frequently have to shake the container to break up the clumps. It was not dye heavy which is nice, and dosing is easy one scoop 30 min before workout.

The most important section. Did it work? In just about every aspect, it did, very well. Where it shined the most was endurance. Coming off a 3 month cut, my strength and endurance were at a low. I felt I quickly got back into my routine with this product. With 3.2 g of beta alanine, the tingles were strong every time. I did get a good pump from the citrullline, however I have had better pumps and I was expecting more from 8 g. I think I just may respond better to agmatine and nitrates. There was definitely a jolt of energy from the caffeine that lasted all workout as well. Focus? Not so much, but with the energy it provided I was definitely able to get some great workouts in. I had been off creatine for those three months as well, so I felt like I needed to supplement with more creatine to get to the 5 g most of us are accustomed to. I was happy with how much fuller my muscles became with the creatine and strength is coming back a great pace. Hard to judge bcaas and effectiveness, especially since I supplemented with bcaas intra as well, but the more bcaas the better for me. Overall, the product delivered great workouts time and time again. So why the lower score? See below..

You can find Nutrex Outlift for $32-$35 online. An average price for a well dosed preworkout, but it only has 20 servings. That's right around the $1.60 a serving. Definitely upper echelon price range. Although you are getting some clinically dosed ingredients and it did perform. I just have to rate it lower when I compare it to other great pres I like that have a more varied profile and more servings like Fully Loaded.

Side Effects

This is why I wouldn't buy this product again probably. Two major side effects for me, and I hardly ever have any side effects from products, especially pre workouts. The energy was great during the workout. But I crashed, and crashed hard a lot of the time afterward. Felt very lethargic and fell asleep sometimes. Didn't like it at all. I have taken products with even more stims than this, yet it didn't make me crash like this did. My bro science theory is the other pres I've taken had a variety forms of caffeine for sustained release as well as other nootropics and stims to level it out. All I know is I didn't like how my body responded after the workout. Second side effect: rancid gas. I only took this on workout days, and sure enough, later that night, room clearing gas. Maybe this was a questionable batch, which could explain the clumping, but that was very unpleasant as well.

Conclusion

This product gave me great workouts. It does have some very well dosed effective ingredients and I enjoyed most of the results. I would have a hard time recommending this product strongly to others however because of the sides I experienced and the price. There are some really great preworkouts out today that have a variety of ingredients to aid your workouts. What this product really demonstrated to me is what I want from a preworkout this day in age. Energy is great, but clean energy and focus is more important to me. I'd have to side with some other products that are out right now over this.

January 13, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Transparently Dosed
  • Premium Price
A lot of intro sales were being ran on Outlift by Nutrex Research so I jumped on a deal for both flavors to give this bad boy a go..

Ingredient Profile 9/10

They crammed just about everything you want in a preworkout in one servings. Coming in at 25.9g a scoop one serving is all you need. Everything is transparently and clinically dosed, which makes me give Nutrex a 9/10. It isn't missing anything in my opinion but would rather see 5g of creatine then 3g. And maybe a bit more N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine. Other then that I really can't say a negative thing about the ingredient profile, well done Nutrex.

Taste/Mixability/Dosing 9/10

No problem with it dissolving in my shaker cup. No residue left at the bottom or anything. I got both flavors since I had in store credit and there was an intro promo. Fruit Punch was my favorite but Blue Raspberry was good as well. It's a preworkout, not kool aid so no complaints about either flavor. Will be interesting what other flavors they bring on in time.

Effectiveness 9/10

Outlift works, plain and simple. Great pump with the 8g of Citrulline Malate. I prefer Agmatine majority of the time but the pump factor was not an issue at all. The 3.2g of BA and 350g of caffeine kicked in gently and swiftly with no ill effects to speak of. No aggression/mood effect like I get from some preworkouts so that was a let down but could be a personal issue as well so I can't knock Nutrex for that.

Value 8/10
20 servings for an average price of $33 isn't terrible. It's premium for a preworkout but It's worth it as well.

Conclusion
Nutrex has a good solid preworkout option with Outlift. They dosed it correctly and transparently and that's where they get a lot of credit from me. There's not too much room to be improved on except maybe playing with some of the dosing amount and adding a few others. I can't say I will purchase it as my go to pwo but when there's a promo or special on it I'll certainly not hesitate. This is just my conclusion and I urge others to give it a shot and draw their own opinion.