(Better than 100% in Pre-Workout > Stimulant)

Outlift is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Nutrex. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
FORUM TOPICS

July 23, 2018

• Average Taste
  • Restroom Runs

This is one of the best caffeine only stim based product. If you don't want to mess with those exotic stims, this is one of the best choices out there for a preworkout.

Outlift by Nutrex has over the years slowly risen to the top of caffeine based preworkout, and for plenty of good reasons. This is the revamped version (the old one has the same formulation, but has artificial colors and sweeteners in it and the tub was black and red). This new version falls under the "clinical edge" which basically means full disclosure (big plus) and most importantly it's being submitted to the informed choice program, where i think monthly they test the supplement that undergoes it for banned substance. So if you're competing or working in a tested environment for banned substances, you're covered.

The ingredients are pretty simple and very straight forward; You have 8 grams of citrulline malate in a 2:1 ratio (which means 4g of pure l citrulline and 2g of malic acid) for pumps, 3.2g of carnosyn beta alanine for muscle fatigue (buffers lactic acid in the muscles, so let you squeeze 1/2 reps more than usual), 3g of creapure creatine monohydrate for power output, 6g of bcaa (2:1:1 ratio, 3g of leucine and 1.5 of bot isoleucine and valine), taurine at 2g for muscular endurance, 350mg of caffeine anhydrous, 150mg of n acetyl l tyrosine for focus (EXTREMELY UNDERDOSED) for mental focus and lastly 5g of bioperine to help your small intestine help absorb all these ingredients better.

Outlift never had a problem being mixed, but there's one big thing to keep in mind: DO NOT VIGOROUSLY SHAKE THIS as it pressurize, and when you open the shaker to drink it's going to almost explode in your hands lol, im not kidding. So just pour it in 12 ounces of water, gently move the shaker around and it will mix no problem (or use a spoon to mix). I warned you lol.
It comes in various flavors: Apple Watermelon, Blackberry lemonade, blue raz, fruit punch, miami vice and wild cherry citrus. I'm going to be straight with you: i enjoyed the old Outlift much better. The bioperine in my experience comes in very strong, and even when you open the tub you immediately going to feel it in your nose and throat, making you cough as it is a very fine powder. They're not bad, but they're not spectacular neither.
It also comes in 3 different serving: 10, 20 and 30 (which the older version didn't, it came only in 20 servs). The scoops are big (almost 26 grams) as this is a true one scoop complete preworkout.

The effectiveness in undeniable. You get what you expect: pumps, power, muscular endurance and alertness. Those 350mg of caffeine really kicks your butt (especially if you train in the morning and on an empty stomach). Also the beta alanine tingles are huge, so if you don't like that you're in for a big surprise lol. All in all this is a great caffeine only stim based pre.

The price is quite steep. It's 20$ for 10 servs, 38$ for 20 servs and 50$ for the 30 servs version. You get what you paid tho, as this are all clinically dosed ingredients and in their best form.

Side Effects

No side effects in my experience. You may get a bit of stomach discomfort for the 350mg of caffeine if you didn't do a pit stop to the bathroom before taking it (lol). But that's not really a side effect, that's just the human body and the caffeine lol.

Conclusion

As i said, this is one of the best options if you don't want to go into those exotic stims preworkouts or if you're a tested athlete/worker/military and you want to make sure not to get popped by drug tests. Nutrex has always been a trusted company in my opinion, and with this clinical edge series they even further prove that. The only cons i can find in it are the 150mg of NALT (seriously, they should have just skip this as in this dosage it's useless) and the price. But give outlift a chance and you won't regret it.
  • Apple Watermelon: 6/10

Other Prices:
Amazon   $34.07
Ill Pump You Up   $34.95
Best Price Nutrition   $38.99

9.2
  May 30, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Transparently Dosed
  • Clinically Effective Dosages
  • Huge Pumps
  • Clinically Dosed
  • Fully Disclosed
  • Increased Strength
  • Clean Energy

This is Nutrex pre-workout outlift. They have a few different pre-workouts they make but feel this is their best one they have. They also have this in a stronger formula called outlift amped. If your looking for a good pre that will really help you perform well and your more of a serious type lifter this is what you want. This will really help you a lot with strength gains, give you good energy, and you will feel a lot better when you are working out.

First off I want to thank Nutrex for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. This has been a product I have been wanting to try for awhile now. Every time this has shown up on the trooper list (which has been a few times now) I was never able to claim it because of other products I had and it was a little frustrating how this could keep happening each time. Well finally it showed up and was able to claim this time. From the reviews I was reading on here for this they all seemed to rate this pretty high so I knew this was something I wanted to try. I have used a few other products from Nutrex and really liked them and figured this would be good also. For a pre-workout I would say this performed pretty well for me.

I feel this has a pretty solid overall ingredient profile to it. I also give them big props for not using any prop blends in this. I like to know everything I am getting and how much. This has a total of 10 ingredients in this and every thing is fully dosed to help make it very effective. Here is a list of each ingredient and what it does that I found to be very helpful on their website.

Citrulline Malate 2:1 (8g)
    Each dose in OUTLIFT has 8g of Citrulline Malate 2:1 allowing for intense, long lasting muscle pumps.
    Research has shown that citrulline increases Nitric Oxide (N.O.) and blood arginine levels which can provide an elevation in protein synthesis (lean muscle growth), creatine synthesis, and a greater BCAA utilization by muscles during exercise.
    Supplementing with citrulline malate has been shown to directly increase the number of repetitions, reduce fatigue and significantly decrease muscle soreness post exercise.

Carnosyn Beta-Alanine (3.2g)
    Beta-alanine increases carnosine levels.
    Research suggest daily supplementation of beta-alanine, supports more endurance and recovery from longer training sessions.
    Beta-alanine delays muscle fatigue to help increase lean mass and enhance strength.

Creapure Creatine Monohydrate (3g)
    Creapure Creatine Monohydrate is clinically proven the purest creatine monohydrate available anywhere.
    Research has shown that supplementing with creatine monohydrate supports improved muscle performance for muscle growth, strength and power.
    Creapure Creatine Monohydrate is produced using a patented process which guarantees purity, effectiveness and potency.

BCAAs
    L-Leucine (3g)
    Leucine is the most important branch chain amino acid for stimulating muscle protein synthesis.
    Supplementing with 3g of Leucine provides the needed amount to promote maximal protein synthesis.
    OUTLIFT provides the optimum 2:1:1 ratio of Leucine to Isoleucine to Valine in a pre-workout product.

L-Isoleucine (1.5g)
    Isoleucine is one of the essential amino acids that is known for its ability to increase endurance and assist in muscle repair and recovery.
    Supplementing with 1.5g of Isoleucine provides the glucose, used as fuel, for your body to burn as energy.

L-Valine (1.5g)
    Valine encourages muscle repair and tissue growth while providing an energy source in the muscles to preserve glucose.
    Research has shown that Valine helps with maintaining the nitrogen balance in the body and is needed for muscle metabolism.

Taurine (2g)
    Taurine has shown to be effective for promoting endurance, increasing alertness and enhancing recovery.
    Supplementing with Taurine has been shown to increase strength levels and decrease muscle soreness.

Caffeine (350mg)
    Caffeine is one of the most well-researched performance enhancement ingredients.
    Supplementing with Caffeine immediately increases work volume and muscle strength, mental alertness and mood, assists in fat loss and helps you train at a higher intensity level.

N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (150mg)
    Research has shown this essential amino acid supports brain function including increasing mental focus and alertness, dopamine levels, mood and energy during exercise.
    N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine is 20 times more water soluble and better absorbed to raise tyrosine levels in the body.

Bioperine (5mg)
    Research has shown that BioPerine enhances drug and nutrient absorption in the body which improves the effectiveness of key ingredients.

I was trying to decide between a couple of flavors they had that I wanted to try and finally went with apple watermelon. I wanted to try something different so I went with this flavor. At first when you try this it hits you real hard. It does have a pretty strong bit to it at first. I tried to notice the mix of apple and watermelon together and it's a little hard to do so. I think the apple part is a bit more noticeable than the watermelon. This will be a bit strong on taste I will say but after using this for awhile I started to enjoy it a lot more. I know for some people they will not like this because of how strong it is but I enjoyed it. I won't say the taste was outstanding but it was something I started to like the more I used it and kind of looked forward to drinking it. You will notice each time you drink this that right away you get a real strong bit to it and that part is always there each time you drink it.

Mixing was not problem at all. Everything seemed to mix up really well and no left over little pieces or sediment on the bottom of your shaker bottle. I did notice that when you shake this up really well and then go to open the lid on your shaker bottle you will get a lot of built up pressure and get a little popping sound. It does say on the label not to vigorously shake this because it caused pressurization. I would like to know what causes this and why it does that.
    Since this each ingredient is fully dosed there is no need to do more than one scoop. It says to take one scoop 30 mins before workout and do more than one serving per day.

I like to rate my pre-workouts on what kind of energy it will give me. What kind of strength gains I get and overall performance. In this you get a pretty high dosage of caffeine at 350mg. For me I would have to say 350mg is about the max I care to get. I will do more at times but care not to if I don't have to. I like to get between 300-350mg at most. This I thought packed a pretty good punch energy wise and would really wake me up more and get me going shortly after taking it. Most days this felt really good and just a few times felt like it was a little more than I cared to have. I never really noticed much in the way of feeling real jittery. It seemed like the energy this gave me was good and consistent and would last me through out my workouts and I usually work out around 2 hours. I know for some people this could be to much stims and don't know how the amped version could be stronger than this because this I felt was more than enough that I needed or wanted.

Also in this you get a pretty high amount of Citrulline at 8g for pumps. I think this part was great on most days. I could feel those pumps come on very nicely and last me for awhile as long as I kept going and not taking very long between my sets. The days I really noticed the pumps a lot more so was on leg days. For awhile I was wondering why I seemed to be having some trouble doing the weight I normal had been doing and could feel that pump a lot more in my legs and then I knew right away why I was having more trouble doing that weight. Every time I can feel that pump really strongly in my legs I always have a harder time going as heavy because of how my legs seem to hurt more pump wise. Also on leg days I like to work my forearms after I get done with legs and when I started using this I had a lot harder time working my forearms because of the pump I was getting was so painful like. I would always like to start with reverse curls on the preacher machine and when I would start to do them I could hardly do them because my forearms would hurt so badly because of the pump I was getting. It was kind of weird because it was only on days I would work legs and my forearms that the pumps were this painful. On other days when I would work other body parts I could feel the pumps nicely but nothing that was as painful like.

The focus from this was pretty decent I thought. I felt I could really lock into my workouts better and not let a lot of other things distract me as much. It was nothing like that laser like focus I really enjoying having but it was enough to notice it was helping me focus better.

I noticed they use creapure pure creatine monohydrate at 3g which I feel is a decent amount. Since I started using this I really started to notice some good strength gains this gave me. I like to do a lot of high reps and go semi heavy to help build more size and I was noticing how I was able to increase my weight on a lot of my lifts and still be able to do all my reps. Back is one area I really noticed a bit increase in my strength. On the Lat pull machine I like to do 3 sets of 15 reps and I do like 5 different bars on there so overall I do a lot of sets and reps on there. When going as heavy as I was doing it can take a lot out of you just to get through everything I do. Having that extra strength is really nice and helped me a lot on back days. I noticed a lot how my strength went up by how much more weight I was starting to do and could do for 15 reps and still be able to do all my sets even at the much heavier weight. Overall it just felt better to feel a lot stronger on my lifts and not have to struggle to do them.

Overall my endurance and stamina was very much improved. I just felt so much better and could get through my long workouts a lot easier like and not have to struggle as much to do them. I felt my recovery time between sets was a lot shorter and could push through my workouts a lot quicker. After a lot of my workouts I could feel that I still had a bit left in me to where I could do more if I needed to but most of the time there would be nothing left I needed to do or could do. I just felt like my overall performance on this was really good and felt so much better while using this.

I felt overall this was really good on my stomach and hardly ever caused me any upset stomach issues or gut issues at all. This also never caused me any unwanted trips to the bathroom which was nice. Also I was noticing how much more vascular this made me look and I seemed to have more definition in my muscles and I believe with the high amounts of citrulline helped with that. I felt after using this it really helped me pack on a lot more muscle mass and my weight had gone up a bit more and as of now I am at my heaviest weight 210lbs (I am 5'8) I have ever been at considering back in July when I switch gyms and now at a much better gym I was around 195lbs back then.

Most sites that I am finding this on only sell the 20 serving container. I was sent their 30 serving bonus size container. I was able to find a 30 serving container on allstarhealth.com and just happened to be the apple watermelon flavor and they wanted $37.99 otherwise the only other place I could find this was on amazon.com and they wanted $44.99. I think the $37.99 for 30 serving is a pretty good price for this considering what all they put in here and everything is fully dosed also. To go with the 30 serving container it's about $10 or so more I am finding. I think they should make all the containers 30 servings.

Side Effects

This does have 350mg of caffeine and for some people who might be a bit more stim sensitive this maybe a little to strong for you. For me I felt I was at my limit I care to take in for caffeine. On some days it did seem just a bit more than I cared to have but not to bad.

Conclusion

Overall I found this to be a very solid product that really works each time I used it. Not really sure if I would need the amped version now considering how well this worked for me. I still may look into trying that at some point but right now I don't see the real need to do so unless I felt the regular version was not as strong performance wise but it was for me. I like that this has a lot of really good ingredients in it and they are all fully dosed. If you want a pre-workout that will really deliver on it's claims each time you use this I would highly recommend giving this a try. Right now I would have to rate this is as one of my top pre-workouts I have tried and I have used many different pre-workouts. I would for sure be more than happy to give this another try and would love to try some of their other flavors. Again I want to give a big shout out to Nutrex for making this product and letting me have the chance to try it.
    • Apple Watermelon: 7/10

Other Prices:
    Amazon   $34.07
    Ill Pump You Up   $34.95
    Best Price Nutrition   $38.99

Overall
    Overall
    9.5
    9.5
      April 26, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Transparently Dosed
    • Premium Price
    Good evening SR community, it's time for me to review a pre-workout I had been keen to try for a long time, Nutrex Research Outlift. With all the high-quality, clinically-dosed pres on the market at the moment, which is a good thing mind you, the profile of Outlift had been on my radar for quite a while. With the negative press around Nutrex in Australia (see below) and just the sheer cost of supplements (and Outlift is never on a deal), I had to wait my time until I found something semi-reasonable to bite the bullet and give it a go.

QUICK BACKGROUND

So going back a few years ago, one of our top-tier footballers was banned for 18 months for taking a banned substance on game-day. That product was a pre-workout and was found out to be a Nutrex product, which made our supplement-ignorant public here go off the brand for a while. Nutrex stuff is still not easy to find in Australia, and is quite expensive (see value section). This is a shame because I've used other Nutrex products before and I've found the company to be very solid in the way they formulate and market their products.

INGREDIENT PROFILE - 9.7/10

What else do you want in this thing? Firstly, it's 25g of goodies, none of this 5g gulp and pray prop blended stim potion that might work one day and might crack you out the next. Nhansen22 has nailed the individual ingredients, even going as far as posting up his sources, so please take a look at those sources if you so desire. Personally, I loved seeing clinical doses of the major pre workout ingredients that work - 8g cit mal, 3.2g carnosyn, 5+ grams of BCAAs, 2g taurine and enough caffeine to kick you in the pants. The creapure is a little under-dosed in my opinion at 3g (I'd have 5g), and I'm not sure 2g of creapure was going to make much of a difference to the cost of this pre in terms of raw materials, but meh, I'll just add 2g of my bulk creapure in. Finally rounded off with 5mg of bioperine for enhanced absorption, although personally I would swap this out for Astragin. All in all though, 25g of pure quality, congrats Nutrex. Finally, no dyes is a big winner aswell, for my shaker cup and also my insides. Minimal flavouring is also a big tick.

TASTE - 10/10

I had the blue raspberry flavour, and this stuff was amazing. I don't know if you guys get fruit tingle lollies over there in the states, but this was like those fuzzy fruit tingles I loved as a kid. It gets a 10 because I don't think it would be possible to improve on blue raspberry in a supplement drink after taking Outlift. If I could grow a pair and take this straight to the dome I would. If Nutrex made a BCAA supplement in this flavour I would buy it by the box.

MIXABILITY - 9.5/10

Very minimal settling, just on the sides and was easily swirled in. I use a shorty BB.com shaker to mix up my pres, and every time I'd mix this up, shake it and then pop the cap the cap would almost explode off, making a poof sound, like this baby was just begging me to slam it down and go smash some weights. I don't know how else to describe it, it made a sound like the pre wanted to get out and into my body.

DOSING

It's a 1-scooper, nuff said. Never found the desire to go over 1 scoop, always had results from 1 scoop. I didn't build a tolerance to this which required more stims.

EFFECTIVENESS - 9.5/10

I'm getting a bit tired of giving this product such high scores. This stuff works, and worked every time. This workout is like the deadlift. There's no cheating, there's no maybe today maybe not, it's the same thing every single time. And that's good. I've broken down the main criteria below:

FOCUS - Outlift had me dialled in from about 20mins after ingesting. I wouldn't say it was on rails semi-crackhead focus, but it gave me the jolt to say hey, you're here to do a job, you go do that job. I didn't feel this fall away as I went through the tub, and the focus was consistent for the full length of my workouts, some of which can go 90 minutes.

ENERGY - 350mg of caffeine and 150mg of N-acetyl-L-Tyrosine is going to give you a wake up. And it did, every time. I reckon I could have taken a little more stim, but not much more, so it was pretty spot on for me from Nutrex. Energy was consistent through the workout, with no crash afterwards, and I would feel energized for 3-4 hours after the workout. Having said that, I work out at 430 in the afternoon and head to bed about 10pm and never had any issues sleeping, so the stims didn't keep me up all night.

PUMP - Well come on, seriously? If 8g of cit mal isn't going to do it for you then you either don't respond to cit mal, or you need to re-evaluate what you're doing in the gym. Truth be told, I like cit mal, but the nitrates really give me a banging pump, so the pump from Outlift was very good as opposed to outstanding. I am not a very vascular person and I most definitely had increased vascularity on Outlift. Probably a little disappointing is that the pump would die down quickly after a workout, as opposed to some other pre products with more than 1 true pump ingredient. I would normally have a shower 2-3 hours after my workout after I've had dinner and put my kid to sleep, and if I still have troubles moving around in a shower and using the soap due to pump at that point, then I know it's a damn good pump product. Outlift was not in this category. On that note, N-Vein by Nutrex was a pump product that did give me an outstanding pump, possibility to stack these 2? Maybe something to try next time.

VALUE - 9/10

I have to put my hand up and say I found this on a great deal locally, so I paid the equivalent of about $50/tub (normally the RRP is AUD$70 so close enough to USD$60) which is great value in Australia. In the states, this is averaging between $30-40, which I consider to be pretty damn good value for such a comprehensive pre, even if it's only 20 servings, especially with 5+ grams of BCAAs as part of the formula. I understand that's close enough to $2/serving in some cases, but I'd rather take 1 scoop of this than double-scoop a prop blended pre that $1/serving.

SIDE EFFECTS

None to report here, aside from the great taste ending once I'd downed the serving and having to wait for the next workout to take it again. No toilet issues, gas or bloating. Another big tick for Nutrex to get all the raw materials working together without side effects.

CONCLUSION - 9.5/10

I love fully-dosed pre workouts, and I loved taking Nutrex Outlift. It's seriously one of the best fully-dosed pres I've taken. I wonder how amazing this profile would have been in the 1,3 DMAA days, you'd be unstoppable. Would I buy Outlift again with my own money? Hell yeah! Would I recommend Outlift to others? Absolutely, this stuff is the real deal. Thanks once again Nutrex for providing us with a great pre workout.
    • Blue Raspberry: 10/10

Overall
    Overall
    8.9
      December 18, 2017

• No Crash
    • Average Taste

What's up guys, I am a 20 year old trying to currently just add on mass while trying to stay as lean as possible for about 10 weeks. I am here to write a review on Outlift Pre-workout by Nutrex. I picked this pre-workout because I saw that it was clinically dosed and had the ingredients I want in a pre-workout.

I absolutely love the ingredient profile on this pre-workout! First off, it is CLINICALLY DOSED!!! For those of you that pay attention to what you are putting in your body and how much of it, this is huge!
    8g Citrulline Malate 2:1 --> 2:1 represents 5.33g citrulline and 2.66g malic acid. Citrulline malate is proven by studies to reduce fatigue, promote ATP production (ENERGY), and increase recovery after the workout.
    3.2g Beta-Alanine --> Contributes to muscle endurance during your workout.
    3g Creatine Monohydrate --> The monohydrate form of creatine is the most studied and proven form of creatine. Creatine monohydrate turns ADP back into ATP for an increase in energy and recovery.
    2:1:1 L-Leucine:Isoleucine:Valine --> These three BCAAs induce muscle protein synthesis and are able to significantly increase glucose uptake and the usage of glucose during exercise.
    2g Taurine --> Proven to help you workout longer and have a higher maximal workload
    350mg Caffeine Anhydrous --> Alertness and focus

Just in case you want to read up on these supplements yourself, here are my sources:

I had the apple watermelon flavor, normally my go-to is blue raspberry but I figured I could benefit from trying something else. The taste was nothing to brag about, it was definitely tolerable but probably the worst characteristic of this pre-workout. I had no problems with the mixability other than there is some foaming. The scoops are relatively large, I took it about 15 minutes before my workout and felt that was perfect for me.

This pre-workout was one of the most effective pre-workouts I have taken. I took this for a month and saw all of my compound lifts increase by amounts that exceeded my expectations and reached my goals quicker than I thought I would. For example, my squat increased by 40lbs within three weeks and my military press increased by 20lbs in 3 weeks. At the gym, I felt so locked into my workout and was always trying to push myself to lift more than I thought I could. I did not have a noticeably bad workout while taking this pre-workout. I try and change all my workouts up, some focus on hypertrophy while some I aim for lower reps and higher weights. For both, I felt the energy was amazing and the pumps were even better.

This is one of the more pricey pre-workouts, considering lots of the tubs only have 20 servings and are $35+ which is at least $1.75/serving. I managed to find a tub for $39 and 30 servings on amazon which I am more than willing to pay considering the ingredients that are in this pre-workout. I would even pay a bit more if it means getting these ingredients at clinical dosages.

Side Effects

First off, NO CRASH!!! All of this with no crash was amazing for me as I am a student so I need the energy to get homework and other stuff done after my workout and cannot afford a crash. However, I did experience eye twitching for about 3 weeks which was pretty annoying. However, I attribute this to the fact that I had not taken essentially any caffeine for a month prior to this pre-workout so I think it was my body reacting to the sudden spike in caffeine intake. Other than that, no side effects.

Conclusion

So far, I think this is the best pre-workout I have ever had and think the ingredients in this pre-workout are second to none. It is clinically dosed(!!!) and contains a lot of ingredients that are essential in any pre-workout. I saw remarkable results while taking this pre-workout and will definitely be getting it again at some point down the road.
    • Apple Watermelon: 5/10

September 21, 2017

• Increased Strength

A very big shoutout to Nutrex for sending me their Outlift preworkout to review! I am a 26 year old firefighter from Ohio. My main fitness goals are to maintain a solid shape for my job and to build muscle mass/ strength.

This may just be my favorite pre workout ingredient profile I've ever tried thus far. Tons of effective ingredients and every single one is at it's clinical dose. The label is also completely open and there are no proprietary blends at all. This is huge to me when looking at a label. Citrulline malate is at 8 grams and is used for muscle pumps and vascularity. Beta alanine is at 3.2 grams and is for exercise and sports performance. Creatine monohydrate is at 3 grams and is for strength. L-leucine is an amino acid for recovery at 3 grams. Taurine is an amino acid at 2 grams. L-Isoleucine and L-Valine are amino acids both at 1.5 grams. Caffeine at 350mg for energy. N-acetyl-L-Tyrosine at 150mg for focus. And lastly Bioperene at 5mg for nutrient transport and blood flow. Like I said before I am very impressed with the ingredients they chose and their clinical doses.

The tast was fantastic. I reviewed Apple Watermelon. It was s perfect mix between the two flavors. It was sweet and reminded me of a carbonated juice. It wasn't overly sweet at all in my opinion. It mixed up very well each time in a shaker bottle with not much effort. There was minor settling of powder at the bottom of the bottle if it sat for a few minutes but a quick shake blended it right back up. It states it on the label but some people may not see it right away so I'll tell you. This product pressurizes as you shake it up. My bottle never exploded open on me but everytime you shake it up and open it it will pop right open. You get used to it but the first time I opened it it definitely caught me off guard. With that said it does have a little tingle like a carbonated drink. I enjoyed it and found it refreshing but that's a heads up in case you don't like carbonated drinks.

When I take preworkout I want energy, good pumps, good focus, and a tasty drink. Well this preworkout completely delivered as far as effectiveness goes. I drank this 15-30 minutes before going to the gym. Within 10-15 minutes after finishing the drink the tingles and energy were completely there and I was ready to go. There was no energy crash throughout or even after the lift which is awesome. I entered the gym completely ready to get a solid lift in. I felt strong while lifting and I was zoned in on whatever group of muscles I was hitting that day. The pumps came pretty quick and lasted throughout the whole lift. I was extremely pleased with the effectiveness.

I received the 30 serving tub and on several website I found that serving size for $30. Obviously that breaks down to $1 per serving. I find that to be very valuable due to how pleased I was with the effectiveness and taste of this product. There are other sizes and price options as well.

Side Effects

I experienced no negative side effects during my usage of this product.

Conclusion

Well I think I've said it several times already but oh well, I am very happy with this preworkout and the results I seen from it. I can definitely see myself buying this product in the future. I highly recommend this to any lifter wanting a solid pre. Thank you again Nutrex! I look forward to trying much more from you!
      • Apple Watermelon: 9/10

June 15, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Fully Disclosed
      • Clinically Effective Dosages
      • Clean Energy
      • Improved Stamina
      • Dye Free
      • Premium Price
      • Heavily Flavored

I grabbed Outlift based on all the strong reviews I was reading from respected Troopers. Seemed like yet another awesome preworkout product that I needed to try.

Fully disclosed and effectively dosed. How many preworkouts can you say that about these days? Outlift is fairly basic and straightforward, which I respect and prefer. Sometimes all the additives and blends and extracts in today's pres make me nervous. And I really hate when companies don't disclose the full dosages of all stimulants in a product.

Regardless, this hits you hard with 350mg of caffeine, drops in a solid 8g of Citrulline Malate, further supports your pumps and focus, and is assisting with recovery with 6g of BCAAs. That's more BCAAs in a single serving than most BCAA supplements! My only gripe is the creatine. I'd prefer to supplement that separately.

I requested and received the Miami Vice flavor which I really did not enjoy. The flavoring was very strong and reminded me of gross pineapple cocktails. Not the worst tasting preworkout I've tried, but I'd definitely go with Blue Raspberry if I was to order this again.

The scoops are large but each dose mixes surprisingly well with only slightly foaming. I dosed one scoop in 12 oz. of water and sipped on the way to the gym usually 30 minutes prior to working out.

Outlift is no joke. The company says clinically dosed and effective ingredients and they mean it. The energy was stellar for me. A strong kick with no crash and the best Beta Alanine tingles I've gotten from a preworkout in a long time. The stamina was also excellent as were the pumps. I was crushing workouts on this stuff. It's consistent, well-rounded, and delivers. Most of my workouts are hypertrophy-focused, so I'm not as concerned on strength boosts or 1MRs. I want a preworkout that helps me push through my sessions with aggression and gets me to my 15 mins of cardio with energy to spare and Outlift did exactly that.

Ah. Here's the stinger. Outlift is fairly expensive. Most sites are listing it at $35 for only 20 scoops - a per dose cost of $1.75. The industry average, from my research, is right around $1.00. Of course when you consider the quality of Outlift, its effectiveness, its clinically dosed and quality ingredients, it's no surprise it's more expensive than most competitor preworkouts. I think the value question here is really individualized. If you're on a budget, this is probably not the best product for you. If you want to stay away from prop blends and get a product where you KNOW every ingredient is effective then I can see being fine with spending more money.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Read just about any review for this product - it's a winner. An expensive winner, but a winner. I'd absolutely recommend this preworkout to anybody. And honestly, I hope this is the direction more supplement companies are headed. Hiding core ingredients in a SUPER ENERGIZING PUMP COMBO BLEND MATRIX is foolish in my opinion. I want to know I'm getting effective ingredients dosed at an appropriate level, and that's the reason I'll companies like Nutrex will continue to get all my business.
      • Miami Vice: 4/10

7.1
        May 3, 2017

• Restroom Runs
      What's going on SR Family! I would like to share my experience with OUTLIFT by Nutrex, which I would like to thank for allowing me to try and for participating in the Trooper program. As someone like myself, who is always on the hunt for good solid performing pre-workout, when OUTLIFT came up for the Troopers to try, I jumped on the opportunity. I am a strong believer that a good pre-workout should not only give you energy, but provide additional ingredients to compliment your workout. So, did I OUTLIFT my workout buddy? Let us find out

The profile on OUTLIFT is fully disclosed, which we all love to see what we are putting in our bodies and how much of it. I enjoyed the fact that OUTLIFT as BCAA included; therefore, you get a 2 for 1 type product. Here are some of the goodies that are in OUTLIFT:

Citrulline Malate - There is 8 grams of this in OUTLIFT and for some, anything over 6 Grams, gives us that pump to the rest room; however, great pumps during the workout is great to have!

Caffeine Anhydrous - There is 350 mg, this is the only caffeine component in OUTLIFT, which is nice, for those who do not like taking a pre-workout with stuff like DMAA and DMHA

As for the BCAA in OUTLIFT, there is 3 grams of L-Leucine, which is about the clinical dose recommended. There are many benefits of taking L-Leucine, like increase muscle protein synthesis, stabilizing blood glucose levels, and preventing muscle protein breakdown. In addition, there is 3.2 grams of Beta-Alanine! If you don't like the feeling of 1,000,000 ants running around your body, then get ready!

Taste on OUTLIFT was not bad, I am one of those that as long as the product works, I do not care what it taste like.

Mix - There we no issues other than a little popping if you kept the top of your shaker cup on for too long.

Dosing - I took one scoop, I was not going to go higher than that since 350 mg of caffeine is a good jolt for me, 20 minutes before hitting the gym.

OUTLIFT did what it was set out to do, beat the hell out of everyone in the gym next to you. I enjoyed the energy I got from OUTLIFT, it kicked in pretty quick for me. The tingles from the Beta-Alanine were off the chains, they kick in just before the energy starts slapping you around. The pumps were great on OUTLIFT, which I always test the pump factor of a product with a nice set of old school 21s; by the 3rd set, my biceps wanted to fly off.

While taking OUTLIFT, I was able to hit some of my best 1MR on bench, shoulders, and back. I enjoyed the fact that the Creatine in OUTLIFT did not make me retain water or feel bloated as I normally react to Creatine in that fashion. In addition, when I would finish off on the treadmill, I would do 30 to 45 minutes and I felt like I could keep going. Furthermore, due to the high amount of Beta-Alanine, I was able to do higher fast paced reps, since the lactic acid build up was pretty much neutralized.

The lowest I was able to find was for about $30.00. People might think that this is high for a product that just gives you 20 servings; however, keep in mind, there is a full spectrum of BCAA included in OUTLIFT. Now, if you work out 20 days straight, then yeah, OUTLIFT could be pricey.

Side Effects

The only side I got on a few occasions was the urge to start my workout in the restroom. It is the way my body reacts to high dose of Citrulline Malate.

Conclusion

To me OUTLIFT is a well put together pre-workout/BCAA product. I personally do not care to see Creatine in a pre-workout, in my opinion, Creatine should be something taken separately. The energy for me from OUTLIFT was clean, no crashing, and it supported what Nutrex claimed OUTLIFT would do. Of course, everyone reacts differently to the same product, to me, OUTLIFT is one that I will be picking up again in the near future.

9.3
        April 25, 2017

• Huge Vascularity
      • Pricey

Hey SR folks- & thank you to Nutrex for the opportunity to try this PWO Outlift. I was pretty much ready to write off PWOs and return to my standard practice of mixing my own pump ingredients and taking some caffeine, but then I tried this and I'm a believer again.

Fully Disclosed (+1) and clinically dosed (+1)

Citrulline Malate 2:1 @ 8g provides huge vascularity at that dose
      Carnosyn @ 3.2g provides tingles in every dose (sometimes too much for me) and an extra rep or two
      Creapure @ 3g-could have done without this actually
      Leucine/Isoleucine/valine @ 6g 2:1:1 blend provides a bit of help to endurance
      Taurine @ 2g for a little more pump
      Caffeine @ 350mg gives the perfect boost in one shot
      Acetyl Tyrosine @ 150mg for a bit of focus
      Bioperine to help with absorption

Sweetened with Sucralose

No artificial dyes

Taste: Fantastic-easily the best tasting PWO I've had since NO-Xplode, and honestly it's been so long since I took that, possibly the best ever. I HATE the way PWO drinks usually taste, but this was actually pleasant. I received Miami Vice and it just tasted fruity. The flavor that seemed most prominent was pineapple.

Mixability: This WILL explode, but not as bad as others I've tried. I typically threw it in a shaker, shook, and drank. There was always a good amount of foaminess to it, but that's no bother. At the end, there were very few particles left over.

Dosing: You had to shake the container prior to mixing, and this actually did seem to have an impact on the 1 occasion I didn't do that & noticed diminished effects. From there, 1 scoop 20 minutes prior to your lift and you're off.

Every time I took this I immediately felt alert, had tingles from head to toe, and huge vascularity. My workouts were better and longer, and I was able to push myself harder. Sometimes the Carnosyn was a little much for me; I don't really like the tingles. If I didn't head to the gym right after taking it, it was a bother. It always settled down once I got rolling though. The citrulline had my arm veins looking like firehoses, plus I was getting veiny in my shoulders, chest, and even legs. Muscle fullness was huge, but I was getting extra creatine citrate intra-workout as well, so that might have had an effect there.

Recovery wise I was solid from one set to the next, one lift to the next, and one day to the next. Definitely felt sore after my lifts, but once I got in again the next day and warmed up I felt strong and didn't notice that.

This stuff is too expensive. I was able to find it for $34.95 at supplement central, which is about $1.75 per scoop (20 servings). That's kind of a lot. All the same, I loved it and I do plan to buy it again. That said, the price of $34.95 was marked down from $70 no WAY would I pay $70.

Side Effects

None- no headaches, no crash, no frequent trips to the bathroom, nothing.

Conclusion

I'm really bummed to be out of this stuff. It really renewed my belief in PWOs as a category and provided a simple straight-forward choice in a land where the blends seem to be getting more and more complicated.

For a stim junkie, it might leave a bit to be desired with only caffeine in there to provide a jolt of energy, but I really don't like the DMHA and infinergy, and all the other stuff companies are adding nowadays. I understand why it's in there, but it either doesn't agree with me & my head or stomach, or it keeps me up all night. Outlift struck the perfect balance.

My only gripe is the creatine. It's creapure, which is good, but it's also monohydrate which isn't going to provide much in terms of immediate effects. Moreover, you'd really need 5g to replace an alternative source of creatine, so at 3g it makes it a little tricky to get to 5g elsewhere without water retention.

Creatine aside, if you can afford Outlift, go buy it and lift hard!
      • Miami Vice: 8/10

March 11, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Transparently Dosed
      • Full Dosing
      Ingredients
      Right at the top of the label is 8g of Citrulline Malate which is a absolutely clear, clinical overdose. Beta Alanine is also fully dosed at 3.2g. What we don't see often enough is real Creapure creatine monohydrate at a solid pre-workout 3g.

A careful omission from pre-workouts when it comes to being fully dosed is the BCAAs. So this is not only a 2:1:1 ratio of BCAAs, it's with a full 3g dose of leucine. For some pump and hydration, there is a heavy 2g of taurine. The stim/focus department is well covered with 350mg of caffeine and 150mg of N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine. A great ingredient for overall gut absorption that I like to see at the bottom of any label is 5mg of BioPerine.

Taste
      Nutrex was so great as to send me the Miami Vice flavor. The easiest description is a coconut-ish fruit punch. It's not a very profound flavor... but it's there and it's cool to have every day before my workouts.

Mixability / Dosing
      It's not surprising that with such heavy ingredients that some settling does happen in the mix if you don't down it right away. You will get it all if you get a little shake in before every gulp. This one doesn't need more than a single dose, but I would go with less for the sake of a person that is smaller or a lightweight for stims.

Plain and simple, this bad boy WORKS. It gets you to be able to get the job done, so long as you're doing the real work. I had no struggles with bloat or missing water thanks to having the legit creatine paired with taurine.

What didn't come through was the caffeine. For a 350mg shot, it was pretty weak. I didn't miss it since I don't need stim to function as some others might. But you do want a product that does what the label says it's gonna do. Fortunately it was saved by having a good foundation of focus... not great but it's good enough.

A container has a price range from $30 on the low end to as high as $45, with normal price points between $35 - $40. This is a justified price for this kind of pre-workout in my opinion. I would definintely be good to pay $30 - $35 for a pre that is this solid.

Side Effects
      Check your stim tolerance.

Conclusion
      I want to make it a thing with every review to point out what I think is missing. Any good pre-workout, whether or not it has creatine, should have a decent dose of betaine as well. Don't get me wrong, 2g of taurine does well in a similar way. I just believe that if you're putting a worthwhile creatine dose, there should be beta alanine and betaine paired with it. That's my school of thought these days.

That criticism now off my chest, Outlift is a very worthy pre-workout that lives up to its name. I found myself some days wanting more from the flavor, but I can't argue with it not falling short and being dye free.

Thanks for taking the time.
      As usual: all thoughts, comments, questions, concerns and critique will be welcome.
      • Miami Vice: 7/10

March 1, 2017

• Headaches
      Big thanks and a shout-out to the peeps over at Nutrex Research for their contribution of this product to the TROOPs here at SR.com. One of the trends in the modern day supplement world that I am happy to see is these clinically dosed and fully disclosed pre-workouts. The days of the prop blend are dying a slow, agonizing death and I couldn't be more happy to see that.

Dosage: 1 scoop taken 20-30 minutes prior to hitting the gym.

Ingredient Profile (9/10): As advertised, this product delivers clinically verified dosages of proven ingredients. The formula starts off with 8 grams of Citrulline Malate, you're hard pressed to find any other product out there right now that will hit you with that much Citrulline.

Next up is 3.2 grams of Beta Alanine, which is the magic number when it comes to Beta Alanine. Personally one of my favorite supplements overall is Beta Alanine, and nothing drives me more crazy than when a product only has 1 or 2 grams of it.

You get 3 grams of Creapure, which to me is far and above the best form of creatine out there bar none. 3 grams is the minimum you should be taking everyday for creatine, I would have been happier with 5 grams, so I do knock off a little bit for that.

Then you get 6 grams of BCAAs in it's traditional 2:1:1 formula, 3 grams Leucine, and 1.5 grams of Isoleucine, and Valine. BCAAs are also one of the most vital supplements I believe one can take, and should be consumed before, during, and after exercise. I personally like seeing a pre-workout product feature BCAAs, and I think is a trend we should see more of.

Next up is 2 grams of Taurine, which is a good dose and about as high as you want to go and still reap the blood flow and energy benefits of Taurine.

A very generous dose of 350mg of Caffeine Anhydrous, and it's topped off with 150mg of Acetyl-Tyrosine and 5mg Bioperine for enhanced amino absorption.
      Overall a pretty solid lineup, and one that is tough to beat.

Mixture (6/10): If this product has any drawbacks, it's in this department. To start off with you have to handle this product with kid gloves when you mix it...think the old school N.O. Xplode...can't really shake it up or else your shaker cup turns into a pressure bomb. SO the best you can do is swirl it or spoon mix it, which results in mass amounts of foam and powder stuck to the walls of your shaker cup. There was also typically small amounts of undissolved powder when you got to the bottom as well.

Taste (8/10): The flavor I got to sample was called "Miami Vice", which appears to be a fruit flavor mixture of pineapple, cherry, orange, strawberry, and coconut judging by the picture. It was overall pretty pleasant with a nice light and sweet taste to it. No nasty aftertaste or bitterness.

Effectiveness (9/10): This product shines in most facets of the gym: strength, endurance, energy and pumps all get high marks. I was able to maintain and/or improve weight and reps on essentially all of my exercises, always felt amped up throughout my hour to hour and a half workout, and always felt a nice pump and blood flow going through my veins. As far as focus I didn't notice much, and not nearly as intense as I have felt with other pre-workouts I've previously used. Overall though this is up there with some of the best pre-workouts I've used and consistently delivered in most of the vital areas of performance.

Side Effects: The come down off of this product was mild, but I didn't crash after the gym. 350mg is a lot of caffeine though, so I did get headaches at times throughout my use of this product but nothing too severe.

Value (7.5/10): Cheapest spot to grab this that doesn't look like a fly-by-night website is Allstarheath.com at $29.45 for a 20 serving tub, or about $1.47 per serving. That is pretty steep, however I give some points back since you don't have to spend extra money to get a separate or bulk container of Beta-Alanine or BCAAs to throw in and get the same effects with this. I'd say this product is worth a splurge or if you can find it on a good sale.

All in all, this is a very solid and comprehensive pre-workout. It's nice to see a product that utilizes effective dosages of effective ingredients without hiding behind a prop blend. Although a little on the pricey side, it delivers a good bang for your buck. This gets the Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
      • Miami Vice: 8/10