BCAA Reviews

By: MyProtein

FORUM TOPICS

Amino Acids > BCAA/EAA
BCAA is a BCAA/Intra-Workout manufactured by MyProtein. BCAA is short for branched chain amino acids. They are the building blocks of protein and can increase protein synthesis, muscle recovery and endurance during workouts and have also been shown to reduce body fat.

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:

My name is Blake Pullen and I am an Exercise Science major at Kennesaw State University. My current fitness goals involve a caloric surplus and "lean bulking" which is basically trying to put on about 1-2 pounds of lean muscle per month while limiting my fat gain as much as possible. I was attracted to the MyProtein BCAA because of my use of many other of their products sold through the company and their constant sales.

2 grams Leucine
    1 gram Isoleucine
    1 gram Valine

THAT'S IT, No filler, no unwanted cheap additives. In this case, less is more! And they follow the highly recommended 2:1:1 ratio

The Blue Raspberry flavor is one of the best tasting supplements I have ever tried!! It tastes more like cotton candy to me but I would mix my creatine and other unflavored supps in with it and the flavor was still just as sharp. It's very noticeable in the best way possible. Taste:10/10
    This product always mixed right in with water and any other supplements I stacked it with. I never had any clumping issues. Mixibility 9/10
    With a proper diet where you're already meeting your protein needs the dosage of Amino Acids is perfect for quick muscle repair and aiding in my body's natural protein synthesis reactions.

I used my BCAA's intra-workout and post workout for a period of 2 months (I got the 50 serving bag). I would take them intra-workout when I was cycling off of my pre-workout and I credit this product with allowing me to extend the life of my workouts without stimulants. Whether it was a placebo effect that I was ingesting BCAA's while lifting or the actual amino acids rushing to rebuild the muscle fibers I was breaking them down I would rate it 8/10 effectiveness. Whatever it was it helped me rebuild my body no matter the time of day!

You can currently purchase .5 pounds (50 servings) for $14.99 at MyProtein.com but I've seen them as low as $23 for the 2.2 pound bag
    Value: a solid 7.5

Side Effects

No negative effects for me
    No aftertaste
    No unpleasant feelings
    Refreshing!

Conclusion

I would recommend this product to anybody looking for a high-quality BCAA powder and looking to spend under $20 for a 2 month supply!
    • Blue Raspberry: 10/10

• gervs11
      October 9, 2017

How much water were you using? I always found the flavor to be too mild with a decent amount of water. Maybe it was just the flavor I had. But your right, nice clean BCAA source.

• BlakePullen
      October 9, 2017

at least 12-14 ounces of water! That part amazed me lol I could've drank it like koolaid