(Better than 97% in Protein > Whey Protein)

Thewhey is a Whey Protein Powder manufactured by MyProtein. It is a dairy based protein that supports lean muscle gain by suppling additional protein to recovering muscles, which can also improve fat loss.
ARTICLES

Protein > Whey Protein

September 16, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Good
  • Great Recovery
  • Great In Water Or Milk
  • Great Mixability
  • Clean Profile

First I would like to thank MyProtein for sending a 60 serving tub of Thewhey out for review, and the SR TROOP's for making the connection possible. This is MyProtein's push to add something need to their already wide selection, and indeed it was a good decision for them to make. A little on the sweeter side, but overall effective and affordable.

Main ingredient is a tri-blend of different whey appropriately mixed to make an awesome protein to consume every scoop. You get 25g's of protein per serving! This is a good amount without any creatine, taurine, or other extras making it seem higher.

Each serving is only around 120 calories making it a good choice for all uses whether it's for bulking or leaning. Also you receive 5g's of BCAA per serving, which is about the amount in most BCAA supplements. Coming in with only 2g of carbs and under 2g of fat, Thewhey is definitely a heavy hitter in the protein wars haha

On top of all this, you also get digestive assistance to help break this supplement down even more efficiently.

Taste was creamy but a bit sweeter than I prefer, but not in a way of it tasting like artificial sweetener either. I received the vanilla ice cream and it was awesome overall.

Mixing is perfectly fine in water. milk, AND orange juice (my favorite breakfast shake). No clumping or weird grainy texture.

Dosing is what you need protein for throughout the day. Some days I needed only one scoop post workout while others I need 2 or 3.

Digestion wise this protein broke down efficiently and didn't cause bloating or the feeling of being gassy. Recovery wise I felt this worked quite nicely compared to other protein powders, which I believe is due to the ingredients they added in to help with breaking the nutrients down.

Obviously I can't say for sure this was the best protein for recovery, but I did feel a bit better while running this tub with reduced muscle soreness and muscles being fueled more efficiently. I will note that taking this before my workout was really nice because most other protein supplements made my stomach a bit upset during the workout and possibly even tooting around the place.

This costed less than a dollar per serving for the $60 serving tub sold on their website for $55. That's honestly pretty cheap, plus they always have codes to use that take 10% or more off. That's about 91 cents per serving and it's a quality, lab tested protein as well I definitely feel the price is affordable and worth paying for.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall Thewhey is a great addition to their website and I may go back on there and buy a tub when there's a sale and I need some more protein. Thanks again for sending this out MyProtein!
    • Vanillia Ice Cream: 9/10

Advertisement:
    Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

July 2, 2017

• Clean Profile

Hey guys. Finally back and ready to get some long overdue reviews. Thanks to MyProtein for sending out a big tub of TheWhey for the TROOPers to try. I have used MyProtein quite a few times in the past and have always enjoyed their products. It's safe to say that they are a reliable company at this point. TheWhey is their newest protein product. Sorry again for the delay in my review.

Getting right to it, each scoop is 32g in size and contains 25g of protein. For those of us that like to stay low on the carb intake, each scoop of TheWhey contains only 2g of carbs with no sugar. Included in the protein blend are Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate and Whey Protein Hydrolysate. Each scoop contains 5g of BCAA. Two unique ingredients they added are Aminogen and Digezyme. The MyProtein website states the following: "an expertly developed blend of enzymes that break proteins into their amino acids before being digested to form the building blocks of protein within the muscle." Cool.

I received the Cookies and Cream flavor and absolutely loved it. It was not overly sweet or thick, which are two things I can't stand, and it had bits of dark chocolate cookies in every scoop. Unfortunately, these bits couldn't help themselves from falling to the bottom almost instantly after missing, but once you got there, they tasted great. Mixability was perfect in a standard shaker cup with the ball. The only residue sometimes left was the bits of cookie. I used TheWhey at many different times, but mostly as a postworkout drink. I mainly used it at one scoop at a time because I liked how it tasted.

On their website, MyProtein says "Our unique tri-blend is scientifically proven to help build muscle and shape your figure, delivering the ultimate all-day, every-day shake you need to accomplish what you set out to." Based on my results, I feel this is a very fair statement. I did use it all different times of the day, always finding a time for it to be useful.

In terms of digestion, this stuff went down great and stayed down great. No disgusting feeling while drinking it or stomach irritations after. It also did not make me feel disgustingly full afterwards.

As hard as it is to gauge effectiveness of a protein powder, I do think it is safe to sat that TheWhey helped me achieve my goals in the gym and throughout the day.

The 60 serving tub, which is what I received, goes for about $54 on the MyProtein website. I checked Amazon but it only found it to be more expensive. I am comfortable paying $.90 per serving of a protein that I know is good quality and made by a reliable company.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Once again, I was way late on this review. I didn't get it done before I went camping for two weeks up in the sticks with almost no service. Not a responsible move as a TROOPer. With that being said though, I think this is a great protein product and more than likely I will be purchasing some more. I loved the added cookie bits in it and also how light it felt. I highly recommend this to anyone looking to try a new powder. Thanks for reading and thanks to MyProtein for letting us try their products.
      • Cookies and Cream: 9/10

Advertisement:
      Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

June 23, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Taste Good
      • Great Mixability

As the title states, this is a new whey protein blend from one of my favorite protein companies. MyProtein has shown me that their quality and value are some of the top in the market and that is backed by their LabDoor testing.

This whey protein blend consisting of isolate, concentrate, and hydrolysate contains a clean profile with 120 calories, 1.5 g of fat, 2 g of carbs, and 25 g of protein. They also added digestive enzymes in the forms of Aminogen and Digezyme. Adding these enzymes to the already well absorbed isolate and hydrolysate should allow this protein to be completely absorbed by the body. I was not really a fan when I saw they included artificial flavors and both Sucralose and Ace K, but it is what it is I guess.

Taste 7/10: I requested and received the vanilla ice cream flavor and thought it was okay. I originally wanted the vanilla to mix in with my oatmeal in the mornings, but I thought it made the oatmeal taste awful; so I only did that once. After that, I just mixed it in water after my workouts and thought it was a little above average for being mostly isolate. It was a pretty light flavor. I would probably opt for the chocolate fudge flavor in the future.

Mixability 10/10: This mixed flawlessly. One scoop in water and it immediately started dissolving without even shaking it. Once shaking, it took maybe five quick shakes and it was fully dissolved. No floating chunks or sticking to the sides.

Dosing 10/10: This is a protein, so it can basically be used as you see fittingly.

Aside from the one oatmeal test, I mixed this every other time in water immediately after training. I noticed that it was very easy to drink and light on the stomach. Never gave me any digestion issues. It did not really fill me up, but isolates are not really meant to do so. From a macro standpoint, this is on the higher side as far as protein goes and it still contains low amounts of fat and carbs. My recovery did not decrease in any way while using this, so this was as effective as any other protein as far as recovery is concerned.

I think this protein is priced fairly for the amount of protein and types of protein it contains. On the MyProtein website, this is priced a little bit more than a dollar per serving for the 30 serving tub. However, for the 60 serving tub, this is priced a little less than a dollar per serving. You can find this for $55 for the 60 serving tub on their website. MyProtein also frequently has deep discounts which is what I would recommend looking for if you want to purchase it.

Side Effects

No sides.

Conclusion

I was really happy with this protein. Between the mixing, digestion, and quality I think MyProtein created a strong blended protein. I would definitely recommend looking into this protein, but try out the chocolate fudge flavor. I also hope that MyProtein creates a Stevia flavored The Whey, as I would really prefer that option. Thanks for sending this out!
        • Vanillia Ice Cream: 7/10

June 9, 2017

• High Quality

Supplement Facts

With the use of SR and the Troops I can't say my purchasing of products has stopped, in fact I believe it is just as much yet rather justified or proven effective purchases. For me the most frequent purchase I make would be from Myprotein, which it typically their Isolate or Aminos with the addition of their protein bars also on occasion. To say the least I am a fan of them, and with good reason as I have purchased + reviewed + seen the labdoor testing proving them to be ahead of the curve on quality and value. With the addition of The Whey, it is something that isn't necessary new with a whey blend adding some digestive enzymes yet it is a better quality formulation due to the order of ingredients. I loved the Gaspri Myofusion back in the day which was a very "similar" product, and damn if I miss the peanut butter cookie flavor! This isn't isolate or a typical why blend, which is due to the enyzymes and the flavoring I believe being stepped up a notch from their typical products. We have a low carb and fat profile with 25g of protein and the added digestive enzymes for digestion, bringing us to 78% protein per serving which is a great content vs many of the other products on the market for blended proteins!

Taste Mixability Dosing

The flavor I got was chocolate fudge, which was really tastier and improved from their normal flavoring. Most flavors from MyProtein are on the weaker flavoring side but that just means you get more protein for your money, yet this product proved to be the best of both worlds. Mixability was fine, with not issues mixing or foaming up. I simply dosed this based on my dieting needs, which would be smaller than a scoop at time and all the way up to 2 scoops.

Effectiveness 9/10

Realistically rating a product such as this really comes down to how well it was utilized in your diet, and how well it was digested (ie no irritable bowels or issues with consumption). I was able to fit this protein product into my daily supplementation to fill in the gaps for my macro needs, or to replace them in relation to convenience. I have added this into my pancake mixture in order to hit my macros for the day, and the flavoring was strong enough to make them taste like chocolate pancakes/waffles. I didn't have any issues digesting this product, nor did I feel it had any issues with retaining my fullness when utilized in between meals. I found that my recovery when using this product alone was enhanced, but I typically will use a protein powder after the gym regardless and there wasn't much of a improvement using this product that I could notice on that note.

Value 8.2/10

I feel the value of this product is comparable, especially if you buy it right when they have their sales. However, the 4.4lb tub comes to $0.92 a serving which is a bit much to me for the added digestive enzymes. Of course one could argue that the enhanced absoption due to the DE will increase the potency of this product vs a plain isolate or blend. At any rate, my value placed on this product is as is and yet I would purchase it in the future as needed.

Overall 8.6/10

I highly recommend Myprotein to everyone I know that asks me what protein powder to use etc, while I may not always go with the Isolate I will always choose MyProtein for their quality and value which is set above all others.
          • Chocolate Fudge : 9/10

June 5, 2017

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Amazing Taste
          • Clean Profile
          • No Additives
          • More Expensive Than Competitor Products

Chocolate protein powder. Legit my favorite supplement of all time. I'm always excited to try out a new brand or a product with an interesting ingredient profile twist. I'd never tried any MyProtein brand supplements before and appreciate them letting me run a tub of TheWhey.

LOVE the profile of this product. A solid 25g of protein (mixture of isolate, concentrate, and hydrolysate) at only 2g of carbs and 120 cals per scoop. Also included are Aminogen and Digenzyme for digestion and absorption. And nothing else. Clean and basic.

I requested and received the Chocolate Fudge flavor. I've probably tried 40 different brands and types of chocolate flavored proteins and this is honestly in the top three. Outstanding. Tastes like chocolate pudding. I loved the taste from the first scoop to the last. Mixes easily in a shaker cup with no foaming or clumping.

I primarily dosed one scoop in the AM regardless of whether or not I worked out. If I did lift, I would take post-workout. On weekends I'd throw a scoop of this in the blender with a banana and coconut milk. Delicious.

Petey had a great breakdown in one of his recent reviews on protein effectiveness that I want to reference as it mirrors my personal stance:

"I would strongly challenge someone to give a valid reasoning for saying that one protein is more effective than another in how much they gained from it. The minuscule differences that are noted by a user outside of a lab environment are overblown by saying a certain protein is more effective than another. You really don't need a protein supplement period post training, and in my last 10-12 weeks of contest prep, use whole food such as chicken breast, ahi tuna and egg whites for my post workout protein and imagine that...it's just as effective."

I've always struggled with gauging the effectiveness of products like protein and multivitamins. In my opinion these are staples of a well-balanced diet and should be used in conjunction with a solid exercise regimen. And I've never prescribed to the notion that you'll only see results from using a pure, high-quality protein. To that end, I pick my proteins based on their profile, taste, and price. As for TheWhey, it worked as well as any other protein I've tried and I had no issues with digestion or gas.

TheWhey is not widely available. I was only able to find it on Amazon at $60 for 60 scoops. $1.00 per serving for whey protein is high in my book. ON's Gold Standard has a similar profile and includes amino acids, and will cost you .79c per serving. The cost isn't necessarily a deal breaker for me, but many similar products can be had for right around .85c per serving, and that's not including the frequent deals to be had by using major websites.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall I loved TheWhey. It's exactly what I look for in my daily protein supplement. The only drawback for me is the price. If this was slightly less expensive or I could get it from a major vendor site at a discount, it would legitimately be my #1 go-to whey protein. Even so, I'll be willing to spend a few extra dollars and will absolutely be buying this in the future. 100% recommend.
          • Chocolate Fudge : 10/10

June 4, 2017

• Great Recovery

Before I start I want to thank MyProtein once again for giving me the opportunity to review some of their products. MyProtein is usually my go to spot when I need protein powders. This was the first I've heard of The Whey, usually I normally buy Impact Whey. There are a few differences between the two whey products... The Whey has 4 more grams of protein per serving, .5g more BCAAs with the additions of AMINOGEN and DigeZyme. During the duration of this review I was training when I could usually 3-4 days per week. However I was keeping up with my diet and meeting my macro requirements.

Highlights:
            -Ultra Premium Blend
            -Buils/Lean/Tone
            -Enhances Recovery

The Whey contains 25g of Whey Protein featuring a blend of Whey Isolate, Concentrate, Hydrolysate. On top of the 25g of protein per serving your getting 120 kcals with 14 from fat (1.5g of fat) and 2g of carbs.

Isolate - Contain protein concentrations of 90% and higher - significant removal of fat.
            Concentrate - Contain protein concentrations of 80% and higher with more biological active components than isolate.
            Hydrolysate - Provides di and tri-peptides: broken down by heat or acid making this very fast digesting.

This product also delivers Aminogen and DigeZyme:
            Aminogen - Protein digesting enzyme that is added to protein powders.
            DigeZyme - Multi Enzyme complex that helps break down carbs, lactose, cellulostic fibers, fats and proteins. Digezyme.com

Currently MyProtein offers 4 different flavors and I received the chocolate fudge flavor. You really can't mess up a chocolate flavor so it was pretty good - tasted like Nesquick to me. I didn't really notice any issues with mixability when it came to shakes and cooking. Yes I said cooking, I used this in a variety of ways to include making: Pro-Oats, Muffins, Pancakes and Shakes. There needs to be some variety when it comes to meeting macro requirements otherwise it can get bland real quick.

There really isn't a dosing protocol, TheWhey can be used anytime in the morning, afternoon and night to meet macro-requirements or help with recovery before/following a training session. I sticked to using this after training and throughout the day to meet protein requirements whether if it was having a shake or as a snack.

It can be hard to judge the effectiveness of a protein powder in general but I seemed to have noticed quite a few things right away. The biggest takeaway for myself was that there were no digestive issues, I'm contributing that to the digestive enzymes they added. By following my macros using TheWhey I felt as if I had more fuel to burn throughout the day and helped me get through the work day. Recovery was also significantly better, there were less issues with DOMs following training and the days after. I had the feeling I could up the intensity each workout without feeling exhausted or sore from the last one.

TheWhey comes in 2 different sizes: 30 or 60 servings depending on your needs. Since they sent me the 60 serving tub I'll use the price point for that. Currently MyProtein sells the 60 serving tub for $55 or around .92 cents per serving. MyProtein offers so many different kind of discount codes including one right now for 30% off your entire order using code 30EVERYTHING. I find this to be a great deal when compared to other blended protein powders that you can buy.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Once again MyProtein hit a HOMERUN with TheWhey when it comes to effectiveness and price. I highly recommend giving this product a try and I know I most definitely will. This is great all around to meet macro requirements, increase recovery, build strength all while tasting good! Thanks again to MyProtein for participating in the SR TROOP Program.

June 2, 2017

• Great Recovery
              What up folks?!? I was fortunate enough to score a pretty solid protein powder from My Protein using the sr.com TROOP program. So, let me start by saying THANKS to SR.com and My Protein. I must say I was pretty amazed when I received the big container rather than the smaller one. That was a pleasant surprise. You guys ROCK even more for that.

25g's of a Whey Protein blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, and Whey Protein Hydrolysate) per scoop is solid in my opinion. One of the higher amounts per scoop in the industry.

Cocoa Powder- This is because I received the Chocolate Fudge I'm sure.

It also has some other ingredients in it such as Aminogen (Proteases), Salt (Sodium Chloride), Digezyme, Xanthan Gum, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium.

Aminogen was a term I had heard but was unaware of what it was supposed to do. According to my research Aminogen is a compound that allows for the complete absorption of protein in the body. If this true then this alone can help set THEWHEY apart from other whey protein powders.

Digezyme- These enzymes help break down carbohydrates, lactose, cellulosic fibers, fats and proteins. Once again, good to have in your system if the do what they're supposed to do.

Xanthum Gum- Another weird ingredient I had to look up. Research says it is a polysaccharide composed of glucose, mannose, and glucuronic acid. It is used in foods as a thickener which tells me exactly why it is in this powder. To thicken it.

Acesulfame Potassium is a calorie-free sugar substitute (artificial sweetener).

Taste- Like I said earlier I received the Chocolate Fudge flavor. I've never met a chocolate protein powder that I didn't like and this one was no different. It had smooth first sip to me and the after taste wasn't bad like some that I have tried. No chalky taste. PSA though.... just like chocolate milk I do not recommend drinking this after brushing your teeth. LOL.

Mixability- Mixes like most protein powders do. Just fine. There wasn't any clumpiness. I was able to make a few smoothies and mix it in my oatmeal as well with no problems.

Dosing- It's pretty simple. I took 1-1.5 scoops each time I would use the powder. That got me 25-37.5g's of protein. I didn't drink it regularly because I still try and eat as much protein as I can but I still managed to get one after workouts and a few in the mornings.

It did exactly what I have come to expect from my protein powders. It helped me with recovery after my workouts. It's hard to judge true effectiveness from a protein powder that is designed for consumption to help you gain muscle, and recover from tough workouts. I was able to use this at the end of my cut phase and I didn't have any real soreness. I feel like THEWHEY was partially responsible for that. I didn't have any bloating or gassiness from taking this that I could tell. This lets me know that it is a grade A protein. ON's 100% Whey and KING WHEY by RCCS are two of my favorite proteins and I would say this is on the same level.

$31 for 30 Servings and $55 for 60 servings is right on par with my two favorite proteins and better than a few more that I like. For the amino profile you get along with the 25g's per scoop I would say it's a solid price. Don't mind paying this much for this product AT ALL!!

Side Effects

Like I said earlier, no gas and no bloating. This makes me a happy man.

Conclusion

In conclusion, THEWHEY showed me and my body that you can get grade A protein powders from companies you haven't heard of before. These guys really did a solid job in developing this protein. Big SHOUTOUT to My Protein and sr.com for this opportunity. You guys did not disappoint and for that I say thank you!

May 26, 2017

• Taste Good

Hello to all, I am back for a review on thewhey Protein. I want to thank MyProtein and the SRTroop program for allowing me to use this product. I am a 45 year old father of 2 kids and a fluffy puppy. I try and do something everyday. During this run I started moving to a new state so weights went out the window and it was cardio and diet. I used this to help recover between exercising and moving stuff. I also teach class 3 days a week so I am busy. This product fit in when I needed a boost and didn't have time to cook, and post workout.

Ok so this has Whey Protein Isolate, Concentrate and Hydrolysate. So it is a blended protein, which to me isn't bad. It would be nice to know the breakdown but hey, stuff happens. At least we know we have 25g's of protein per serving. This is low carb (2g), low Cholesterol (10mg)(depending on who you listen to this may or may not effect you, either way it's low compared to those with 60mg Plus)), as well as low sodium (160mg). It also has 2 additional items that I like to see in my protein powders.

Aminogen: Is a blend of digestive aids, developed from two fungal strands, Aspergillus niger and aspergillus oryzae. Both are commonly used for their ability to break down protein. I have been seeing this in products for a while and to my mind it seems to help. I mean if you don't digest stuff properly you don't get it into your system.

DigeZyme: Is from the company Sabinsa, It is Gluten free as well as GMO Free and helps to break down carbohydrates, fats and fiber. As many of us know enzymes have been coming to the market to help us process our foods. I think of it as making it easier for our body to get the good stuff out of what we put into our mouths.

I used the Chocolate Fudge Flavor. I found that it was acceptable. However it is not as tasty as MTS Whey. I would say the flavor is more like NutraBio, light and easy on the palate. I used between 8 and12oz of water per serving. I will assume if you used milk you would get a thicker consistency. The important part for me is I didn't have to choke it down. (Anyone remember HOTSTUFF?)

The mix-ability of this this is really good. Put it in a shaker cup (I have a whisk ball) shake it and go. I really didn't have any issues with it settling or clinging to the sides of the cup.

"Mix 1 scoop with 6-8 fluid ounces of water or milk and consume immediately. Adjust the liquid content to suit your desired thickness". So if you can't figure out how to use it you need to relax. I used it as a single scoop and as a 2 scoop protein replacement. I used it for breakfast and I used it after workouts and various times a day. I did not use this everyday but more as a filler when I needed.

I found this to be a very effective protein. It kept me fuller at 2 scoops statistically longer and 1 scoop was easy to eat later. I had no digestive issues or gas issues which to me means it is a higher quality protein. I compare it with my top 5. NutraBIo, MTS Whey, RCCS King Whey and Prosource's NitroWhey. I think one should always realize that this is a supplement and if you use it correctly it gives you what you need.

As of 5/26/2017 I found it on sale on their website for $52.25 for 4.4 pounds. I think this is a good deal for me. Other protein that I use,
                MTS Whey 5 pounds $54.99 and Prosource Nitrowhey Protein, $47.50 for 4 pounds. Also look for sales, sales are always a good thing right?

Side Effects

I had no adverse side effects from this. However I did feel fuller from 2 scoops for a longer time than 1. Meaning when I used 1 scoop it seemed light and I would eat in a couple hours. 2 scoops felt heavier and I would skip eating for 4 or more.

Conclusion

I am assuming you could tell that I liked this product. All of us have had proteins that made us gassy or bloated or concrete stomached. This is not like that at all. As I stated above I use supplements as supplements to my whole food diet. I think this product is priced right where I can fit it into my budget. I think it taste good enough to drink when I need a protein boost. Most importantly I think it did what a protein powder should do, which is to aid in my recovery and keep me full until my next meal. So if you are looking for a nice and lite protein to try. Go to the web and order some of this up, I don't think you'll be disappointed.
                • Chocolate Fudge : 7/10

May 19, 2017

Pros:
                 Cons:
                • Taste Good
                • Great Recovery
                • Great In Water Or Milk
                • Great Mixability

A special thanks to MYprotein for their participation and support here on SR.com. I would also like to apologize for the tardiness of this review. New circumstances including the recent completion of my Nursing college curriculum have left little time to fulfill my obligations here on the SR community. At any rate, today I discuss The Whey, Myprotein's premium protein supplement.

Each servin provides you with 25 g of high quality proteins consisting of a blend of concentrate, isolate, and hydrolysed isolate. Each serving also includes 5 g of BCAAs, 4 g of glutamine and glutamic acid, and only 2 g of carbs. Lastly, there is also the addition of Digezyme and Aminogen which are trademark names for specialized digestive enzyme aids that helps protein effectively digest into the key building amino acids for muscle anabolism.

I like how Myprotein has always prided themselves into using only the highest of quality proteins. I've always found their protein products to be of great quality, value, and efficacy along with some other brands I am fond of. The added bonuses in the ingredient profiles are always a nice addition since they aid with recovery, which is one of the key things I look for when supplementing with extra protein.

The Whey comes in four flavors: Chocolate Fudge, Strawberry Milkshake, Vanilla Ice Cream, And Cookies and Cream. I received the chocolate fudge flavor and liked it a lot. It was smooth, creamy, not to sweet, and didn't have any chemical aftertaste aroma.

Mixability was good as the protein would properly and thoroughly mix into any liquid I used with any method I used.

On both training and non-training days, I supplemented with The Whey twice. I would take a serving usually in the morning and then another post workout, or in the evening on non-training days. I would mix it with water most of the time, but also used milk and almond milk on some occasions.

I've said time and time again that I base my view on efficacy solely on how I use protein to supplement my macros and better my recovery.

As expected, thanks both to the high quality protein blend and the additional BCAAs and glutamine, The Whey helped significantly in helping me to recovery faster. My post workout and next day DOMS was a lot less and I had more stamina and endurance throughout the day, allowing me to hit the next workouts harder and equally intensely.

Ensuring that the brunt of all of my macros and micros were achieved through plenty of food through the day, The Whey was a great, effective, and convenient way to add to my protein intake and meet my quotas.

I received a large 60 serving 4 lbs tub, which I wasn't expecting, but very thankful for. The cheapest I found this particular size of The Whey was 47.13 through Myprotein's own website. Given the quality of the protein used in The Whey as well as the nice additions like the BCAAs, I would gladly say this is a very good value given the quantity you are getting of a great product. There is also a smaller 2.2 lbs which goes for about 28-32 dollars. Personally, I would invest in the bigger tub for the extra cash.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Simply put, The Whey is The Way to go if you want a great tasting, effective, and high quality way to meet your macro needs and give your muscle recovery a boost so that you can keep consistently hitting the iron day after day. Just be sure you are still getting most of your nutrients from good wholesome food as no supplement can replace that.

WARMACHINE OUT!!

GO RED SOX!!!

May 16, 2017

Pros:
                   Cons:
                  • Taste Good
                  • Great Recovery
                  • Great In Water Or Milk
                  • Great Mixability
                    First off I want to thank MyProtein for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. This was my first ever MyProtein product I have tried. I have been looking into their products for awhile now and really liked what I was seeing. I checked out the reviews on here for their products and a lot of them are giving their products some pretty high ratings. I figured if they ever put any of their products on the trooper program I would for sure try to claim them.

This is a blended type protein consisting of whey concentrate, whey isolates, and hydrolysed whey isolates. Some of the key benefits to this is that you get 25g of protein per scoop. This delivers Digezyme and Aminogen an expertly developed blend of enzymes that break proteins into their amino acids before being digested to form the building blocks of protein within the muscle. You get 2g carbs and 1g fat in each serving. You get over 5g of BCAAs in each serving. and you get 4g of Glutamine & Glutamic Acid in each serving. I really like the ingredient profile for this because they try to keep this clean because of what's in it and how they make it.

Taste
                    This comes in four flavors chocolate fudge, cookies & cream, strawberry milkshake, and vanilla ice cream. I had requested to try the cookies & cream but was sent the vanilla ice cream instead. It was not a big deal that I did not get the cookies & cream but would rather have gotten that flavor. The vanilla ice cream was good. It is a little on the light side for taste and seems to have a little more of that water down taste. It was still enjoyable to drink but wish it had a little stronger taste to it. You will get no weird after taste when you drink this which is nice.

Mixability/Dosing
                    Mixing was really good with this. Mixed up right away and no left over little pieces. When mixed it did not mix real thick like. This reminded me of a more real thin like chocolate milk. Dosing for this can be taken a few different ways. This can be taken pre-workout, post-workout or anytime on the go. Since I was using their impact whey isolate for post workout I figured I would use this in the mornings before workout. This seemed to work really good for me in the mornings. I would do just one scoop each time I used this.

I decided I would use this mainly as my morning before work protein. Since I was taking their impact whey isolate for after my workouts I figured this would be good for in the mornings. I have to say that this was a very smooth protein to drink with no thickness or clumps to it. Had no issues at all with it digesting in my system and always seemed to feel pretty good in the stomach after I drank this. This does have some Digezyme and Aminogen an expertly developed blend of enzymes that break proteins into their amino acids before being digested. I never felt or had any stomach bloating from this. I can contribute that to being very light to drink and not heavy at all when mixed. Also this never caused me any unwanted bathroom issues which was nice. Usually I would feel better in the mornings after I would drink this. At times I have trouble drinking a protein shake or eating regular food in the mornings because of the way my stomach usually feels in the mornings where I have a hard time wanting to eat anything but with this I had no issues at all. I feel this helped give me a little more energy in the mornings to help get me going more. I felt more fueled like because I had this in my system to help keep me going until it was lunch time.

Also I feel this helped me a bit with any soreness I might have from working out the day before. Lately I have been upping my weight a bit and going a little heavier than normal and I feel this helped a bit more with my recovery beside what I was getting from the impact whey isolate I was taking after my workouts. I think by getting these extra proteins in my body right away in the morning was a plus to help me feel and recovery a little quicker so I would be more ready for my next workout. Since I started adding this in the morning I feel it has helped my workouts a lot better. I feel this has helped me gain more strength in my lifts and made my workouts go a lot better by the way I felt. I feel overall my DOMs where much better and a lot less noticeable which was nice. I feel this has been a plus to have in the mornings for helping me more. You get 25g of protein in this which I find to be a decent amount. I prefer at least 25g to 30g each time I take protein. I think this is a great protein that can be used in a few different ways besides just post workout.

This comes in two sizes 30 servings or 60 servings. I figured I would get the 30 serving tub sent to me but instead they sent me the 60 serving tub which was even better and really appreciate them doing that. For the 30 serving they want $31 and for the 60 serving they want $55 on their website. Their website is pretty much the only place you can get this because hardly any other sites carry their product line. I think for both of these size containers this is a pretty good value. I think the 60 servings is a little better deal. A lot of the time you can get some pretty good deals on their products because they post a lot of discount codes you can use. Usually blended proteins are a little more expensive so for $55 I think this is a decent price and if you can get a discount code to use it's even better value.

Side Effects
                    Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion
                    For a blended protein I found this to be pretty decent and effective for me. I feel they did a good job on this product and have a good blended protein product now in their product line. Sometimes it's kind of nice to use blended proteins because they can be more utilized in different ways than just post workout. I would highly recommend this product if your looking for a good blended protein that is fairly clean ingredient wise. Price wise I feel this is a good value and you can usually get discount code you can use. I would for sure use this product again but would like to try some of their other flavors instead. This product line is not available on many sites and would like to see more site start carrying them. I know they are not located in the United States so that makes it a little harder for sites to carry them. Hopefully this can change because I think they have a lot of really good products they make and be able to get a little better prices. Again I want to give a big shout out to MyProtein for making this product and letting us try it.
                    • Vanillia Ice Cream: 8/10