Shrink Toning Lotion Reviews

By: Muscle Nutrition

Weight Loss > Other Weight Loss
Shrink Toning Lotion is an Alternative Weight Loss Product manufactured by Muscle Nutrition. It can help assist in the loss of body fat, working in different pathways that traditional thermogenics.

December 12, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tightens Skin
  • Shrinks Love Handles
  • Increased Definition
  • Decreased Belly Fat
  • Proper Dosage Amount Unknown

Shrink Toning Lotion is marketed toward those looking to reduce cellulite and help tighten the areas to which it is applied. It initially looks like some cheesy informercial product aimed at the lazy people looking for a miracle cream, but I was actually quite surprised at how well it worked.

Although new management has seemingly taken away our ability to review products and participate in the TROOP Program (I hope it's just a temporary glitch), I was lucky enough to latch onto a couple of TROOP items before the changeover. Thanks to Muscle Nutrition for allowing us to review their product. To the new management--please fix the glitch, if there is one. You're about to lose a TON of loyal workout enthusiasts by not allowing us to do what the site name implies.

Shrink Toning Lotion contains a blend of ingredients designed to tighten the skin and shrink fat cells.

Deionized Water, Aloe Vera Gel, Soybean Oil, Glycerin, Carnitine, Caffeine, Coenzyme A, Coenzyme Q, Ethoxydiglycol, Sambucus, Nigra Flower Extract, Sodium Polyacrylate, Butylene Glycol, PEG 8, Bupleurum Falcatum Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Isopropyl Palmitate, PEG-40 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Lactic Acid, Glycolic Acid and Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E).

Many of the listed ingredients are to help transport the blend under the skin and into the cells. Here's a breakdown of what I was able to find on the key ingredients.
Soybean oil is supposed to help reduce cholesterol.

Glycerin: works to moisturize the skin by drawing water from the air into the skin's outer layer. It also forms a protective layer that helps prevent moisture loss.
Carnitine: L-carnitine functions by transporting fatty acids into the mitochondrion, where they are burned for energy.

Coenzyme A: a co-enzyme, notable for its role in the synthesis and oxidation of fatty acids, and the oxidation of pyruvate in the citric acid cycle.

Coenzyme Q: acts as an antioxidant, which protects cells from damage and plays an important part in the metabolism.

Sambucus: Also known as elderberry. It boosts the immune system and helps fight the flu.

Nigra Flower Extract: has potent antioxidant properties due to the flavonoid compounds naturally present. It also has skin-soothing effects.

Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E): a nutrient that's important to vision, reproduction, and the health of your blood, brain and skin.

Here's the dilemma that I have with Shrink Toning Lotion. There are no specific instructions on how much to use. It just says to apply to a clean, dry area of rhe skin with clean hands, preferably 10 minutes before a workout. I used a similar product in the past (Supernova by Evomuse) and the instructions stated to use a silver dollar amount in the palm and rub it into the desired area until fully absorbed. I did that with this product and after 30 days, there was still about 5-10 days of the lotion remaining.

So, I felt a warm, pins and needles sensation when I first applied it, kind of like a toned down beta analine tingly sensation with a touch of heat added. It worked pretty well for me. It reduced the appearance of stretch marks and really tightened my midsection. There was a noticeable difference in my appearance. I don't think that this was due to water weight loss because I didn't urinate more frequently than normal. I've provided a before and after picture as an example. The pictures were taken exactly 30 days apart.

Shrink Toning Lotion can be purchased on Amazon for $39.99, which puts it pretty much on par with most other similar products. The main difference here is that this is, IMHO, more than just some transdermal diuretic. When used in combination with a decent workout program, you can shed some stubborn fat while using this.

Side Effects

Warm, tingly sensation that subsides after about 10 minutes.

Conclusion

I didn't expect much, but Shrink Toning Lotion worked surprisingly well for me. Would I buy this again? Yes, definitely! I should note that this product probably works best for those who are already somewhat lean, probably in the 15% and below range. This is a great tool for those who are either recomping (like myself) or looking to lose some extra fat and tighten up the stubborn areas.

December 1, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tightens Skin
  • Reduces Scarring

Shrink Toning Lotion is supposed to help reduce cellulite and help tighten the area you apply it too. I came into this not expecting too much but I was actually quite surprised at how well it worked.

I'm getting older and I'm constantly looking to try new things I haven't before and I seen this and decided to go for it. It's a tightening lotion and sort of helps reduce cellulite and tighten skin. I decided to try this because I used to be a pretty big guy, weight wise, and I've lost some and put on some muscle and anyway the hardest part of my body I've mostly kept is my beer gut. I find it really hard to get rid of so i enlisted some help from this product. I also have some slight scars on my body and I thought this might help reduce them.

Soybean oil is supposed to help reduce cholesterol.

Glycerin moisturizes the skin and helps prevent moisture loss.

Carnitine helps burn fatty acids and produce energy, use fat as fuel.

Coenzyme plays a role in burning fatty acids.

Sambucus boosts the immune system.

Nigra Flower Extract is an anti-inflammatory

Tocopheryl Acetate Vitamin E skin conditioning agent

So you just rub this lotion on the area of your choice, mine was my stomach and make sure it doesn't come in contact with your clothes. Do it about 15 minutes before you workout. It sort of leaves a minty smell almost on you but it's not bad. I used it every so often when I was heading to do cardio, maybe 3 times a week.

Ok so the first time you put it on, be warned it will burn, YOU WILL FEEL IT. I was a little shocked about the burning sensation the first few times, you can definitely tell its there. Results wise, I think it worked pretty good. I used it mainly to diminish some scarring, aka stretch marks, on my body and I was happy with the results. I also felt like my midsection tightened pretty decent and it may just be because I was working out a lot but I think the Shrink lotion helped too. I enjoyed the use of it and I think it helped do what I had hoped it would. I think it works.

So, you can buy this for $39.99 on amazon and I think that's a good deal. I'm actually going to buy another one myself because I enjoyed it so much.

Side Effects

Burning sensation almost immediately after applying.

Conclusion

It's a good product and it works well, I'm buying it again. I didn't expect much but it did what it was supposed to. The burning sensation you get used to and now I actually like it because it tells me the product is actually doing something. Sorry if this is a little sloppy, my laptop broke and I'm trying to do this from a tablet.

November 27, 2018

Hello SR Fam. From my last post you will remember that i recently went through a Cut/Body Recomp and dropped a fair amount of fat. So before starting my winter Lean gain i thought i would give 1 more fat loss product a try

For all the fans in the Bodybuilding industry you have probably seen videos and photos of the great Ronnie Coleman 8x Mr.O rubbing lotion all over his mid-section pre-workout. I certainly did, so when i saw the opportunity here to give Muscle Nutrition LLC Shrink Toning Lotion a try, I had to jump all over it.
    I want to thank Muscle Nutrition for sending me an 8oz tube to try.
    Like every other post I have, I must start this review by stating that Shrink Toning Lotion is not a magical product that will shed pounds and pounds of fat off your body while you watch TV, eating pizza. Shrink Toning is another product that you can add to your arsenal of products to compliment your Hard work, intensity and discipline for an extra little edge.

The lotion is a Proprietary blend of the following in an 8oz bottle:

Taste : Please DO NOT taste it, I will say in this section that there is a slight scent to the lotion, it is not bad by any means and if i had to describe it I would say its a much much softer and more pleasant version of Rub A535 or Tiger Baum. Unlike those 2 though, people wont know you rubbed something on by smelling you from 5 meters away.

Mixability : N/A

Dosing: Here is where my only real concern is. The product instructs you to wash your hands and apply to clean, dry skin in a circular motion until fully absorbed. I had no clue if i was to use a pea sized amount or a liberal lathering amount of lotion. So i pretty much arbitrarily decided on somewhere in the middle. I do not know if this was too much or too little plus without detailed instruction i only used this 5days a week pre-workout and after 30 days I still have about 1/5th of the tube remaining.

The purpose of this product is to target your "Stubborn or Alpha Receptor Fat cells, For most men including myself, the lower belly and "love Handles" are my most troublesome parts. Fat oxidation in fat cells with a higher Alpha receptor ratio will be harder to transport to be "burned" off, you will notice that during vigorous exercise the stubborn fat areas are colder to the tough, This is a result of the reduction in Oxygen and Blood flow to those specific areas compared to the rest of your body. So Shrink Toning Lotion states that their product with its Exclusive Liposome Technology will absorb deep into the skin and support your bodies natural fat oxidation process for easier release.
    Within 5 minutes of rubbing the lotion on, the area becomes a lot warmer and slightly red, it looks like a rash but dont worry this is a normal written occurrence without any concern, the redness will dissipate. Remember that i recently went through a cut so i was already relatively lean, after about 2.5 weeks i noticed that my skin was tightening up in the areas of use which were my love handles.
    I will say that if you are not already fairly lean or if you are above approx 15% Body fat you likely will not visually see any tangible results due to the over abundant amount of fat.
    ***Disclaimer*** the use and idea of the product is also for those looking to diminish Cellulite. I do not have any and can not comment on the effectiveness against Cellulite at this time.

Unfortunately the product is a little more difficult to obtain in Canada then the US. I have only been able to find it on Amazon and another online retailer. The Canadian price is $59.99 for 8oz tube. I cant say if this is expensive or not as I do not have a comparable point of reference.

Side Effects

I did not experience anything negatively. There is a warming sensation and your skin does turn red, but again that will go away shortly after. If you have sensitive skin or a pre-existing condition then I wouldn't be surprised if you potentially react to the product with a rash or topical condition. This is something each individual will have to monitor.

Conclusion

As stated in the effectiveness portion, this could be a good product depending on the timing of the use. If you are just starting your journey into fat loss or body re-composition I would hold off on using this until you get to lean levels as diet and exercise will be your only requirement. If though you are already lean and looking for that last little bit to tighten up and sharpen the look then this product is perfect. At this stage you will noticeably see results directly in the areas of use.
    For those looking to use this product for cellulite issues I would love to see reviews and results for that aspect as i am unable to comment on that.