Mr. Hyde

By: ProSupps

*NOTE: The product I ran was called "Hyde", not "Mr. Hyde". Pro Supps has released 2 separate products. The Hyde has DMAA in it and the Mr. Hyde is a reformulated version without DMAA.

Let me start by saying this preworkout is NOT for everyone! It is very stim heavy, probably even more so than the original Jack3d. BE WARNED! They clearly state on the label not to take more than one scoop, which is always creates issue with underdosing when it comes to concentrated preworkouts. But heed the warning and your stomach will thank you! I'll get into that later.

To start, here's...

To start, here's the profile, which I give a solid 8. Very admirable attempt by Pro Supps to create a comprehensive blend here, but I don't like the prop blends...

1 scoop per serving - 40 servings

Strength Matrix - 5000 mg
Beta alanine, Creatine hydrochloride, L-Leucine, L-Citrulline malate, agmatine sulfate

Caffeine Matrix - 419 mg
caffeine anhydrous, caffeine citrate, Infinergy (dicaffeine malate)

Intensity Matrix - 83 mg
1,3-Dimethyl hydrochloride, pikatropin (pikamilon), yohimbe bark extract, rauwolfia vomitoria root extract (std. min. 90 % alpha-yohimbine)

Since you're limited to one scoop, pretty much everything in the strength matrix is underdosed with the possible exception of Creatine HCl and Agmatine Sulfate. Both of those are effective at doses around 1 g, but I can't confirm or deny the amounts because I simply don't have that info.

The citrulline and the beta alanine, on the other hand, are clearly underdosed. You can tell by feel alone. I wouldn't get the BA tingle or would only get it very mildly on my lips upon drinking it. I can tell that fatigue is delayed during my workouts, which is usually an indicator of the BA. But I credit this more to the Creatine HCl working in conjunction with the low amounts of BA because they work well synergystically.

And citrulline gives me a "wet" pump where my muscles look like they are blown up a bit with water... a less dry and veiny look than an Agmatine or nitrate pump. And even though I do notice a pump from this product consistently, I can tell it's from the Agmatine because it's a dryer look with less swelling.

As far as the Leucine goes, it is the prime muscle building amino. But it is most likely underdosed as well and I am in the school of thought that the other two BCAA's (Isoleucine, Valine) are necessary for Leucine to work it's best.

For the energy and intensity matrices, they are essentially all stimulants. That adds up to 500+ mg per scoop. Like I said, VERY stim heavy.

Caffeine, 1,3, and yohimbine are the only ingredients I readily recognize, and I personally like all 3 of them. But the other forms of caffeine really kick your ass!

Pro Supps claims that the caffeine citrate is a faster acting form of caffeine, and I can say the stim effect did kick in within a few minutes after consuming. And the Infinergy is caffeine bound to malic acid, which apparently aids in absorption and replenishes energy more rapidly. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt here because I just can't get over how powerful the stims in this are!

The rest of the ingredients are nootropic agents, like the pikatropin. It's not intense tunnel vision but focus is definitely up during my workouts.

It seems that for all of it's shortcomings in the profile, Hyde has a standout point.

Another standout point and bad point combo: taste and mixability. Taste I'll give an 8.5, mixability I'll give a 6.5.

I got the watermelon flavor but this also comes in fruit punch. I decided to get watermelon because you actually get less grams/scoop but the same amount of effective ingredients as the fruit punch. I figured I'd skip out on the extra gram or so of fillers.

The watermelon tastes great in about 10 ounces of cold water. The smell is good as well. Watermelon may take a try or two to get used to, but after you're in the clear. It's not something you look forward to drinking like Supp D or the old Assault, but it's enjoyable and finishes smooth with no aftertaste.

The mixability on the other hand... pretty bad. This stuff foams up in the shaker no matter how much water you use. And it takes 3 or 4 refills with a bit of water just to get all of the stuff off the sides. The powder doesn't leave any clumps, and I don't care all that much about the foam, but it's just annoying to deal with.

For value, I have to give Hyde a 9. There are truly 40 servings in a tub because 1 scoop is enough. I found this online for as cheap as $26 but I paid about $35. The regular value would be $.65/workout and mine would be $.86/workout. Either way, very pocket friendly.

For effectiveness, I'll give Hyde an 8. I basically explained effectiveness in the ingredient profile but I'll touch on it a bit more. Endurance is up, pumps are noticeable, energy and focus are WAY up, and strength increases are decent enough to mention. Not like the old Assault where you felt like you're hitting another gear, but this definitely puts you in the frame of mind and state of body to lift.

The caveat with Hyde is that you GOT to use 1 scoop, no more. Both me and my friend had crazy stomach problems and felt like complete crack heads after taking 1.5 scoops. We both crashed incredibly hard too.

Skip out on trying to bump up the dosage of the ingredients by going over one scoop. I had lingering health problems (general sickness and stomach problems) ever since trying 1.5 scoops, and my friend can't even open his tub of Hyde without feeling like throwing up anymore.

Save the time and money and take Pro Supps up on their warning.

Overall, Hyde garners an 8. It's an above average preworkout that will definitely give you the energy boost, focus, and the pumps you need for a grueling workout. It lacks a bit in the strength department, and the prop blends are an indicator that most ingredients aren't at an efficient dose which is never a good thing.

Don't be a hero, stick to one scoop, and Hyde will do is job. I recommend cycling this pre in if you're looking for a high-stim option.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pumps

• Cray
      August 28, 2012

Nice novel young trainee. Well done.
    • Blade410
      August 28, 2012

I want to stack mr Hyde with dr jeckle.
    • NateW27
      March 11, 2014

Just picked myself up some Mr. Hyde, and got ProSupps Creatine 300 for free with the deal. Have used many samples of Mr.Hyde and liked it. Time to run a full cycle with it.

For some strange reason, I ran out of pre-workout a couple of months ago. I started looking around and was trying to find something that I had wanted to try for a while. I saw Mr. Hyde and at a good deal so I purchased some to give it a run. I've wanted to try this for a while but just never got any for whatever reason. If nothing else, it has one of the best names for a pre because it has you thinking you'll turn into a monster!

Taste 9/10

Taste 9/10

I had the Red Razz flavor and I have to say, I really liked it. It was sweet and not too tart and a refreshing change from the blue razz and fruit punches. Sometimes I mixed it with DPOL Custard Cream too on the way to the gym and it mixed well with that even though it might sound disgusting. They did a good job on the flavoring here.

Profile 8/10

4 blends but nothing overly special here.

Strength Matrix 5000mg

Beta Alanine

Creatine Hydrochloride

L-Leucine

L-Citrulline Malate

Argmatine Sulfate

Caffeine Matrix 419mg

Caffeine Anhydrous

InfinergyTM (Dicaffeine Malate)- caffeine bound to malic acid to help in absorbtion

Caffeine Citrate-fast acting

Intensity Matrix 194mg

Swertia chirayita- glucose metabolism and may act as an anti-inflammatory. Very few studies

Acacia rigidula-may lower blood pressure and is used in weight loss for feeling full.

N-Isopropyloctopamine (WHAT?)- balance out neurotransmitters/mood enhancer/anabolic agent/weight loss

Rauwolfia Vornitoria Root-promotes healthy cell regulation

Yohimbe Bark Extract-sexual function but more for athletic endurance here

Focal Martix

Pikatropin ®- cognitive enhancer

Nobile Orchid Dendrobium Stem Extract –Supposed to replace DMAA

N-Phenylacetyl-L- prolylglycine ethyl ester-Increased focus and concentration as well as improved cognitive functions.

Effectivness 8.5/10

So you can look at what's in the blends and see that it seems that a lot of things are underdosed. With 5 grams in the strength matrix, it's hard to believe there is enough of anything in there. I did have slight BA tingles in fingers, lips, and cheeks when I upped my dose but nothing crazy. I can't say that I noticed any big strength differences with this but adding 5g of creatine mono (which came with my deal) did help. The pump was noticeable but nothing mind blowing but then again, this isn't a PUMP product.

The Energy Matrix has 419mg of caffeine! I can tell you that I'm a stim junkie and at 275#, it takes a lot to tweak me. I never felt totally wigged out on this but I could feel the energy for sure. If I took it on an empty stomach, it would upset my stomach a little because of the stims. Be aware of the amount of stims in this before you go overboard!

Intensity matrix was where this really shined for me! From what I read, the N-Isopropyloctopamine is a very effective mood enhancer. I'm here to tell you, this stuff would make me so happy about 20 minutes into my workout. It was crazy the feeling that would overcome me. I clown in the gym a lot anyway but this was different. I'd walk up to the deadlift bar and start dancing. I mean seriously, the feeling was amazing.

The focal matrix seemed to work pretty decent too. Even though I was "high" from the N-Isopropyloctopamine, when it was go time, that's all I could think about. My focus is above average anyway but I could tell a difference here.

Value 9/10

You're looking at getting this for about $30 for 40 servings. I did get up to using 1.5ish eventually but would still say it averaged out to about $1/serving. That's very good in today's preworkout world where 2-3 scoops is common. When I bought this, I got their Creatine mono included so the deal was even better.

Overall 8/10

I liked the energy and focus. I loved the feeling. I can say this helped me make it through some workouts that I didn't have the desire to do for sure with good results. The caffeine didn't bother me as long as I had something in my stomach but please be aware of what one scoop has in it if you're sensitive to stims.

I would and will buy this again at some point. It is easily in my top 4 preworkouts as of right now. Give it a shot and see if you become a monster!
    • Mood Enhancer

What up Ladies and Gent of SR. Today I will take a look at hands down my favorite pre on the market today. Mr. Hyde comes out of ProSupps as part of the Jekyll and Hyde combo, which is showing a lot more promise after revamping some of their product line. Jekyll is geared more towards pump while Hyde is geared around energy. This split gives an option for both stim sensitive and stim craving enthusiasts. Let it be known that Mr. Hyde is strong and I mean STRONG. Let's jump right in shall we.

Profile- 9

N-Methyl Tyramine- 50mg
      Hordenine- 50mg
      Yohimbe Bark Extract- 2mg
      Rauwolfia Vomitoria Root Extract (std. min. 90% Alpha-Yohimbine)- 2mg

Profile wise it has all the goodies. Joeflah put out a very detailed breakdown of what the greater and lesser known ingredients do, but all around the only thing I have ever added is Citrulline for more pump, but over all I feel this was as close as a 10 can get for a pre.

Effectiveness- 9
      In the words of Marc Lobliner..BOOM!! This pre really takes off for me. Obviously with the insanely high amount of stims, how could you not get wired. It wasn't a nasty jittery stim which was nice, but more along the lines of I never really tired quickly mentally. Sometimes when I'm going through a heavy day, I don't really feel like I have the energy to do HIIT cardio afterwards, but while on Hyde I have enough in the tank. The beta-alanine gave me a great tingle, but at 2.5g I would sure hope it would. I got a nice pump from the Agmatine, although I always required more Citrulline to get an intense pump over the norm. The added gram of Creatine Hydrochloride is right around where you would want it to help increase ATP, although between hydro and mono, Creapure always showed more promise in my physique. Additionally, I feel the Leucine was just an added bonus, but not really of substance.

Value- 9
      This is a "true" one scooper pre workout.The standard size of this bottle is 40 servings for around $35 (about $0.87 per serving) depending on where you go. The flavors are Grape, Blue Razz, Lemon Razz, Orange Guava, Fruit Punch, and Watermelon (with Fruit Punch and Watermelon coming in exclusive size of 48 servings (comes to $0.77 per serving) which helps the value score). It mixes great and I've had all but Blue Razz and Lemon Razz, each tasting pretty good. Grape was hands down my favorite being close to grape Kool-aid.

Overall- 9
      For a pre, all I ever expect is energy, pump, and focus. This provides more than enough energy, yet it lacks in the pump department which is the one leering flaw. For a good price and great effects, I really enjoyed Mr. Hyde. It definitely needs to be cycled because of the high amount of stims, but is really worth a go. I would recommend trying a half scoop first to assess tolerance because of the Yohimbe, but even half a scoop can be enough for the less stim craving lifters.

Till next time,
      Loco
        tommy777

I took this product before it became Mr. Hyde the difference is that Hyde contained DMAA and Mr. Hyde does not, you can still buy Hyde on some websites I do believe.

As I started to take this preworkout my attitude was the same for any in that I can take a little over the recommended dosage. This was definitely not the case. The label warns to not to take more than one scoop and I took about a scoop and a quarter maybe and it was way too much. The next time I tried it I only took one scoop and for me it was still too much so I took it down to just a half a scoop and for me that worked the best. More than that and I literally felt like my heart was going to explode and I remained that way for a few hours. I am not new to pwos or anything this stuff is just very heavy in stims and was a little much for me.

I am not going to dissect all the ingredients of this product there are other posts you can read that will go into detail on what all it contains.

Taste: (8) Fruit Punch I thought it had a really good taste and was not hard to drink at all. It also did not irritate my stomach or anything like other pwos, like NO.

Energy: (10) It was ridiculous at even once scoop. For me I was jittery and my heart was racing to a point that I though I may need to go to the doctor. A buddy of mine also tried it at just one scoop and he was experiencing the same feeling and this did not go away for a few hours. At a half a scoop it seemed a lot more fitting and still gave me a ton of energy it was just not sustained for as long.

Endurance: (8) Was great if you can handle the feeling of you heart exploding. You will be able to lift much longer and have more energy throughout your workouts and knock out some extra reps at the ends of your lifts.

Value: (9) It has 40 servings for around $30.00 a tub. For me only taking a half a scoop for the remaining of the container it was definitely worth its money. But even at taking a scoop each time, no more than that is needed, it is still a good price.

Effectiveness: (7)For me the effectiveness is down a little because it was too stim heavy and it was hard for me to concentrate on lifting when I was thinking I might die, more seriously it was just hard for me to stay focused I had so much energy I just felt like I was bouncing of the walls and could not concentrate. For lifters who love stim heavy pwos this would definitely be the one for you.

I will give Hyde an 8 overall. It was a very intense pwo that stays true to the warning on the label. You only need one scoop if that and you will for sure feel the rush of energy after taking it.
        • Good Pumps

• WingedHussar
            August 20, 2013

The new Mr. Hyde I think is actually better than without the 1,3. With the geranium stem it just takes it waaaay over the edge. Good review! +Rep
          • tommy777
            August 20, 2013

Thanks, I will have to try the new one. I didnt buy anymore after my first container but I will try out the new one and see what I think of it.

WingedHussar

Important Note: This is a review of the newer formulation of Mr. Hyde. This formula is free of 1,3-Dimethyl (personally, that makes me sad). It'll be interesting to see how it stacks up in comparison to the older profile.
          Also, be prepared: this is kind of a long review.
          So without further ado, on we go!

Ingredients/Dosing: 9/10

I don't give many products a 9/10 because they're often parroting other companies or cutting corners with cheap, weak product. That isn't the case here at all:

1 Scoop (6.15g) Contains:
          Beta Alanine 2500 mg

Creatine Hydrochloride 1000...
          Also, be prepared: this is kind of a long review.
          So without further ado, on we go!

Ingredients/Dosing: 9/10

Rauwolfia Vomitoria Root Extract (std, min, 90% Alpha-Yohimbine) 2 mg

and more

Servings: 40
          Sweetener: Sucralose

Holy Bejeezus, Batman, now that's a stack! The oft-seen ingredients are here: Creatine, Beta-Alanine, Caffeine. At first glance, it seems pretty run of the mill, but consider the quality of the ingredients for a second here. Creatine HCl (also known as Con-Cret) is currently the most potent form of creatine on the market. Micro-dosed and extra pure, I have never seen strength boosts greater than with Creatine HCl. Good call, especially since some brands are reformulating and switching over to it for this very reason.

Here's where it gets really interesting though: a caffeine blend. I have never seen something like that in a pre-workout before -at very least not like this. Caffeine citrate is caffeine bonded with vitamin C in order to increase absorption. It is a chelated ingredient, and you often see the citrate form for things that are difficult to digest, like calcium (e.g. Citra-Cal). When you combine this with caffeine, you get a stimulant that hit's you within ten minutes and sends your energy levels through the roof. But there's only 50mg, with the rest being in the form of dicaffeine malate and the usual anhydrous. This allows for a quick, effective, and steady increase in energy with little crash, but more on that later. Be forewarned, a single scoop has a total of 400mg of caffeine in all its forms, so please limit this to a single scoop.
          My favorite aspect of this product though is the focus supplement called Pikatropin that they add. Focus supplements in pre-workouts are a highly underrated, oft-overlooked aspect of the training experience. Far too frequently do we see companies overloading products with stims in the hopes of getting something akin to focus. ProSupps hasn't forgotten it here though, so props to them.
          Lastly is Agmatine Sulphate. This is still a very new product among the multitudes in the bodybuilding and supplement world, but in my experience it's a quickly rising one. Most "pump" ingredients like arginine or citrulline require at least a gram or three to really make an impact in the gym. Agmatine is fascinating in that you need only 500mg to see a difference. Agmatine is an endogenous product of arginine: a chemical produced from arginine by biochemical reactions. Because agmatine is already the metabolite of arginine and does not require further biochemical reactions, it is known to actually work better than arginine and provides an increased effect on mood, focus, and pump.

Taste: 9/10
          You'd think that a product that has all of these ultra-concentrated ingredients would taste like Oscar the Grouch's butthole, and yet here I am, surprised again. I bought the watermelon as I always do, but later got to try a sample of fruit punch from my store. Both are quite tasty, with very little in the way of grit or clumps at all, and I actually looked forward to my pre-workout drink (a rare sight to behold if any of you know anything about me). It did foam up a fair amount in my shaker cup but I noticed that just some gentle circular shakes mixed it just fine and reduced the foaming. This is not the case when you try to shake it like a 13 year old that just discovered porn, so please; do be gentle with this one. I did get the typical Con-Cret residue feeling on my teeth. It's hard to explain what that's like, but it's almost like there's a clear film on your teeth afterwards that's odd to the touch. In another review I described it as the aftertaste of waxy maize. Just wash your mouth out a little and it'll go away no problem.

Pump: 8/10
          This was one of my first forays into using agmatine, but I have to say I'm impressed. This product has a lot of stims, which will tighten your blood vessels and reduce the pump. Agmatine clearly did it's job though, since every workout I took it with gave me an awesome dry (no bloated look) pump that lasted a few hours after use. It probably won't make you super vascular if you aren't already, but there were times (like when doing arms or shoulders) where I got a really great, full pump that made me feel like I had really done something at the gym.

Energy: 8/10

All I can say is the energy with this was dakka dakka(any Warhammer fans out there?)! It hits you very noticeably and very quickly. I have a fast metabolism, so I expected something like 15 or 20 minutes. No. Five minutes. No joke, I was in the locker room, just took a scoop with some cold water, and had just finished changing into my gym clothes. BOOM. Super saiyan. I'm speaking in hyperbole so don't take what I just said too seriously, but all joking aside I felt it quick and it lasted a good while. It wasn't very jittery energy either. I definitely felt an increase in focus and motivation, and Mr. Hyde doesn't crap out on you 45 minutes into leg day and leave you exhausted. I'm pretty used to pre-workouts and I've taken several 1,3-dimethyl products, so the closeness to Jack3d was astounding. All this being said, I KNOW that there's going to be some people who are so used to pre workouts that they'll feel this is underdosed. For normal humans though, this'll certainly be enough to get you going.

Just as a side note, I've suggested this product to many athletes looking for an alternative to 1,3 products, and they've all given the thumbs up for Mr. Hyde. Anyone who knows a 1,3 junkie will know that's not an opinion to be taken lightly.

Strength: 7/10

Good, but not amazing. Creatine HCl is one of those products that does actually subscribe to the bodybuilding principal of "more is better". Having taken three capsules of Con-Cret before, I noticed significant increases in strength that sound outrageous. Example: One leg day a while ago, my squat went up by 45 pounds (mind you, I was hopped up on stims and viciously competing with a rival of mine to see who could squat more, so my head was about as "˜in the game' as it could be. It wasn't just the creatine). I noticed similar results when using Creacore, but that has almost twice as much creatine as Mr. Hyde does. 1 gram is a good dose, but I would say it's just not quite enough. My strength went up without any kind of bloating and I felt confident in hitting new PRs, so kudos for that. I wish they would have allowed for a slightly larger scoop so they could fit something like 2 grams per serving. If that were the case, I'm sure this score would be significantly increased.

Side Effects: 10/10 (higher being better)
          Zip, nuffin', nada. I've looked at a few other reviews and it seems some experience a bit of crash after using this. This wasn't the case for me though. After every workout I was relaxed and I wasn't dragging my feet from the weight room. I also didn't see any kind of stomach upset or nausea during my workout. A lot of these ultra-concentrates will have your running to the nearest stall, which I don't think anyone wants. Mr. Hyde was great in that I got a big burst of energy without all the sides. Also, I'm thinking that bad quality beta alanine causes a lot of the bowel issues when people take these products. I say that because with 2.5 grams, I was expecting to start vibrating as I walked into the gym, that didn't happen though. All I got was some tingling on my upper lip and a little around my shoulders, which I liked.

As good as this product is, don't expect it to come cheap. With expensive ingredients comes an expensive price tag. It should be noted that with Mr. Hyde you get 40 full servings (as opposed to Dr. Jekyll's 30), so all these ingredients together in one product for about a dollar a serving is actually pretty fair.

I always look at how a supplement affects the industry as a whole, and this one's making some waves as far as providing a quality product. Pro Supps isn't a big company but I like what they're doing here. After running a full container and then some, I've come to the conclusion that the company is really trying to look ahead to the future of pre workouts and try to be the first of something relatively new. The way I see it, athletes are moving away from mega-dosed stimulant drinks and are looking for increased power and motivation. We all have jobs, families, lives: we can't afford to take something that'll make you crash and leave you drained. Mr. Hyde isn't a pre-workout for the light-hearted -it'll certainly kick you in the pants- but it's versatile in that the crossfitter, powerlifter, or 9-to-5 everyman could make use of something like this. It's my honest opinion that Mr. Hyde is the start of something new, and I look forward to seeing how the industry grows from it.
           Pros:
           Cons:
          • Tastes Good
          • No Sides
          • Focus Formula

• REPOUT225
              May 28, 2013

Dude awesome review! Just bought this last night and cant wait to try it tonight I am a supplement veteran spending thousands on preworkouts in the past searching for the right one and your review makes my purchase last night seem like the right one thanks brother

Hey all I'm pretty new to this whole SR thing and kinda just stumbled upon it when looking for some answers to a question I had.

So as an athlete I'm all about optimizing my performance - I want to compete in pankration which is a demanding sport (normally just do ju jitsu and kickboxing events.

I tried Hyde because it was on sale my my local Vitamin Shoppe and because at the time I was trying many different PW's in order to find one I actually liked.

The first thing I'll talk about is the taste and mix-ability; I bought watermelon flavor and man does this stuff taste good! Other products I tried such as N.O. Explode and Muscle Fuel don't taste that great and don't mix that well.

However during my workouts I often felt an uneasy feeling in my stomach and felt way to over hyped from this product to focus. Anyone who competes knows the dry mouth and rapid heart beat Adrenalin rush that can actually decrease your performance if not kept in check and that's what I felt like on this product.

Besides the giant burst of energy I didn't even feel a pump on this product which made me wonder why I took it in the first place. After a few weeks of taking it I noticed noticeable crashes on days I took Hyde than on days I didn't and some nights I even had trouble sleeping.

Eventually I simply built up a tolerance to this product all together and felt next to nothing when taking it. However; I only ever took 1 scoop as one scoop contains 419mg of Caffeine and any more than that in a day is well beyond any recommended dosage.

While many consider Hyde to be the pinnacle of intensity I rather like it's counterpart Dr. Jekyll as it has similar Beta Alanine levels (hyde: 2500mg, Jekyll: 2000mg) The same amount of L-Leucine, same of amount of creatine, Less caffeine (140mg I believe)and I felt way more out of of Jekyll's pump matrix than anything Hyde had to offer.

I will offer this to Hyde: I saw awesome strength increases (It was during this time I had a 5RM of 355 on my Squat) however I saw the same increases on Jekyll and could focus better.

The last part of the review is price and this is where Hyde wins. Price/serving of Hyde at my local shop is around $1.05 where Jekyll is around $1.50 so the price value is great!
             Pros:
             Cons:
            • Builds Strength
              Yoshio

This reviews a little late but it has to be said.
              There comes a time in the supplement game when one product stands out and can either accelerate or burn out in controversy. Mr. Hyde is the one that excels and remains on store shelves (with a minor subtraction of 1,3) and satisfies any stim junkies needs.

This reviews a little late but it has to be said.

Price: I paid a solid $25 for a 20 serving tub. I wasn't looking for a long term stay with this so the 20 serving is a god send. Also I simply cut the scoops in half and stack it with Jekyll. So with careful conserving I can make this last a good 30 sessions. Not a bad deal in my opinion.

Mixability: The powder has no thick clumps or nothing dense that'll sing. Pure powder that'll blend beautifully to the shake of your shaker cup. No worries here.

Taste: I got Fruit Punch, it's a classic choice and safe if your not comfortable with new flavors. They have watermelon but I don't like watermelon in general. And might I say the taste is the best of all categories in my opinion! Reason being is that it tastes like red sweettart! No after taste or chemical taste, just a sweet drink you could down all day!

Effects: First 10 minutes I feel the caffeine rush hit me like a ton of bricks!!! 400 mg per scoop people, this is no joke. The energy rush will wake you up and make it your life mission to get into the gym! I was however sensitive to the stims so the first try I felt jittery and shaky but I grooved into it slowly and now it's all in control.
              The focus will set in but not a tunnel vision kind of deal, just a simple "get the job done" mentality.
              I stayed in the gym an extra hour making a new excuse to work another muscle so my arm day turned to shoulder day and ab day and a little legs too. Yeah, it's that much energy!
              The pumps felt a little lacking on the side. I broke new PRs, but didn't get that swole feeling (unless I threw in Jekyll).

The pre is solid, it's just for those who have high tolerance that it's more suited for. I do want to note that I lost some hunger after taking this so if your bulking, just a word to the wise.

If you purchase this I recommend the Jekyll stack. These two Pre really pack the punch of a lifetime. It's pump, energy, focus and endurance that last enough time for you to break records. If your in the market looking for something new, head down for Hyde. There are no regrets with this little guy!
               Cons:

Hey guys, been a long time lurker on supplement reviews, now I think it's time I write my own review on some of the products I've used. This will be my first review any pointers or tips are very welcome.
                I've been training for almost 2 years with the first half year losing weight, with this in mind I sticked to 1 brand with 1.3 which was my money maker. Since the ban on 1.3 I've been looking for that go to pwo. After trying out so many pwo's on the market I found this one standing out from the others.
                Taste/Mix.:(9/10)
                I always go for watermelon, the powder was still powder...
                Taste/Mix.:(9/10)
                I always go for watermelon, the powder was still powder no big clunks or hard mash like some others. Has a nice smell to it which immediately wants you to try it out! Starting out I took 1 big scoop, the product doesn't recommend more than 1 . The powder mixed well after 2 spins of my fork. The taste was good!!!! Pretty sweet with no bitterness like some pwo's out on the market. It also didn't gave me a bad aftertaste in my mouth.

Effectiveness:(8/10)
                I would give this a good 8. It does what it's supposed to do. One thing I notice about this product is the way it hits you. With other pre workouts it takes a good 15 to 30 min to kick in. But with Mr. Hyde I already feel the product kicking in after a few minutes. After a few minutes I notice myself getting pumped up with energy and shortly after you get the tinteling feeling of the beta alanine. Starting my workout I clearly notice I have more energy than normal. I also notice my Focus was heightened as well.
                Well these are all the positive effects you clearly notice there is one downside though. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone that has a weak stomach, it gets awhile before you adapt. When I first started Mr. Hyde my stomach would get upset. But after a toilet break the feeling was gone and You're ready to go.
                Value:(8/10)
                40 servings package. Serving size 1. With me never exceeding 1,5 scoops this lasted me well over a month. I paid € 29,90 for it which would be around 35 dollar. For me this is the average price for a pre workout supplement. For a product that delivers I think the price is good!
                ****** Pro sups Mr. Hyde versus Dr. Jackell******
                I want to add another thing to the list. On my second order of Mr. Hyde they accidently delivered Dr. Jackell so I had the chance to test that one also. If you compare them both to each other the effects of Mr. Hyde are way more intense then . Dr. Jackell. I am guessing that Mr. Hyde is probably the renewed formula but I'm not sure. So if you were not sure which one of the two to choose. Mr. Hyde is the winner by a long shot
                Overall:(8/10)
                Looking back at Mr. Hyde I most definitely would recommend everyone to at least try it once. Beats most bigger expensive brands like for instance BSN. The pricing is good and so is the result. The product has no " Chrash " and I can't really say anything bad about Mr. Hyde.

• tiktik
                    January 27, 2014

It's not bad for a first review,
                    stick with us long enough and you'll get it ;).

As for Jekyll vs mr Hyde.

One is more of a pump product (Jekyll) as that profile is considerably less on stimulants such as caffeine and others.

Mr Hyde has some thing like 400mg of caffeine plus additional stimulant per scoop, so it gives quite a big difference between the two.
                  • locospider09
                    January 27, 2014

Tik was correct in saying that it's more about pump in terms of Jekyll. Jekyll only has 100mg of caffeine, but much more citrulline, at matinee, and it has norvaline whereas Hyde misses this last ingredient. One is meant for stim fiends, the other isn't, obviously. I like to use Jekyll from time to time before my late night workouts as Hyde would keep me up for hours
                  • locospider09
                    January 27, 2014

I meant agmatine! Not matinee hhaha damn autocorrect!

Mr. Hyde came highly recommended from a lot of different places so I decided to try it for myself and WOW!!! My workout intensity went way up when I was on this because I felt like I had unlimited energy.

Ingredient Profile:

N-Methyl Tyramine 50 mg
                  Hordenine 50 mg
                  Yohimbe Bark Extract 2 mg
                  Rauwolfia Vomitoria Root Extract (std. min. 90% Alpha-Yohimbine) 2 mg
                  * Percent daily value not established.
                  Other Ingredients:
                  Natural & Artificial Flavor, Sucralose, Silica, Citric Acid, FD&C Red #40.

Effectiveness: 10/10...The most energy I've ever had with a preworkout. I haven't had tingles for a long time since the first time I tried Taze-3. This delivered tingles all over my body, and I felt ten times more focused in the gym when I used this compared to any others. I felt like I could do the extra rep that I sometimes fell short on. This brought exactly what I thought it would, and what everybody talked about. It's very rare that you get exactly what somebody tells you with a preworkout, but this one did exactly what everybody told me it should.

Value: 7/10...I bought it from a store that just opened in my city called Supplement City. It's a little shop in a strip mall so I decided to check them out a week after they opened. I like to help out a small business if their price is reasonable, and at $34.99 with a free shaker bottle, this was a good deal for me. For the best preworkout I've ever had for half the price of my second favorite, I'll take it.

Side Effects: There was only two times where I felt negative side effects. I felt like I was in a caffeine overload and my heart was beating incredibly fast on my drive home from the gym. I've felt this before, however. The first time I ever used a preworkout I had this same feeling and I think the only reason this supplement made me feel this way was the fact I've never tried one this strong, and both instances were in the first week.

Overall: 9/10...I really liked this preworkout and will continue to use it. The intensity of my workouts is better than it ever has been, and I am starting to lean out even more as a result of that. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to take their workout to a whole new level. I expected a run of the mill, maybe a bit stronger experience and got a way better one than I ever e expected.
                   Pros:
                   Cons:
                  • Good Focus

Ok so this is my first review so bear with me. I saw that nobody else had posted a review on this product, and I just finished my first tub so I thought, what the hell!

When I started this pre-workout I was only back training a month or so from a 5 month break (due to college work) I had taken numerous different pre-workouts in the past, my favorite being Jack3D.

Anyway, when I got back to serious training I felt my workouts were "sluggish" and I wanted to be anywhere but the gym. I got demotivated quickly when I trained, (probably because of my decrease in strength from my break) so I knew I had to fix this.

I went to my local supp store and was about to play it safe and just buy another tube of Jack3d, but I decided to ask the guy in the store about the other pre's he had in stock. he3 told me about HYDE and how it was better than other pre's as you only ever need to take one scoops as it doesn't burn out the receptors or something like that, that other pre's supposedly do so you don't build a tolerance to it.

well at first I thought this was a sales ploy to get me to splash out on a more expensive pre, but then I saw the price tag was only $35 ($2 more than Jack3d in this store) and besides 45 serving of jack3d get used up fast when you're taking 3 at a time.

I was excited about trying HYDE before my next workout. they recomend taking in 30 mins before training on an empty stomach (typical to most pre's) so i followed this instruction. I bought the watermellon flavor and it mixes really well in water. the first couple of times i thought it didnt tast bad, but after a while you just get sick of it and just want to knock it back. this doesnt reallt bother me but may throw a few people off.

On my walk to the gym I could feel it starting to kick in, I was excited and motivated and couldn't get to the gym fast enough.

now Im not going to feed you a load of BS and say I was throwing mammoth weights through the roof. but I could defiantly lift heavier (5-10kg on most lifts) mostly because I felt stronger on more motivated to try heavier weights.

Pumps were great, as soon as I finished warm up sets I could feel the area worked starting to swell with blood. on certain exercises like cable flys I looked like a ripped freak (almost depressing going home and loosing the pump!)

True to the guy in the stores word, I only ever needed to take one scoop before training, and quite honestly the last scoop of the tube was as effective as the first. at 40 servings per tube for $35 i felt it was a bargain.

So all in all I thought this was a great product and really worth the $35 price-tag. well I hope this review helped you guys out.

Happy Pumping!

• Blade410
                        August 7, 2012

Doesn't this company also see Dr. Jeckle. What if you stack Mr. Hyde with Dr. Jeckle. Do you just end up dead in a road side ditch?

Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.