Mr. Hyde Reviews

By: ProSupps

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

10 22

Ranks #30 of 171 (better than 83%) in

Mr. Hyde is a Pre-Workout manufactured by ProSupps. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.
INGREDIENTS (13)

If you’re looking to increase strength, power and endurance and delay fatigue in your workouts, Beta-Alanine is one supplement you shouldn’t be without!

MIN. EFF. DOSE

FORUM TOPICS
COMPARE SIMILAR

joeflah13

August 28, 2012

*NOTE: The product I ran was called "Hyde", not "Mr. Hyde". Pro Supps has released 2 separate products. The Hyde has DMAA in it and the Mr. Hyde is a reformulated version without DMAA.

Let me start by saying this preworkout is NOT for everyone! It is very stim heavy, probably even more so than the original Jack3d. BE WARNED! They clearly state on the label not to take more than one scoop, which is always creates issue with underdosing when it comes to concentrated preworkouts. But heed the warning and your stomach will thank you! I'll get into that later.

To start, here's the profile, which I give a solid 8. Very admirable attempt by Pro Supps to create a comprehensive blend here, but I don't like the prop blends...

1 scoop per serving - 40 servings

Strength Matrix - 5000 mg
Beta alanine, Creatine hydrochloride, L-Leucine, L-Citrulline malate, agmatine sulfate

Caffeine Matrix - 419 mg
caffeine anhydrous, caffeine citrate, Infinergy (dicaffeine malate)

Intensity Matrix - 83 mg
1,3-Dimethyl hydrochloride, pikatropin (pikamilon), yohimbe bark extract, rauwolfia vomitoria root extract (std. min. 90 % alpha-yohimbine)

Since you're limited to one scoop, pretty much everything in the strength matrix is underdosed with the possible exception of Creatine HCl and Agmatine Sulfate. Both of those are effective at doses around 1 g, but I can't confirm or deny the amounts because I simply don't have that info.

The citrulline and the beta alanine, on the other hand, are clearly underdosed. You can tell by feel alone. I wouldn't get the BA tingle or would only get it very mildly on my lips upon drinking it. I can tell that fatigue is delayed during my workouts, which is usually an indicator of the BA. But I credit this more to the Creatine HCl working in conjunction with the low amounts of BA because they work well synergystically.

And citrulline gives me a "wet" pump where my muscles look like they are blown up a bit with water... a less dry and veiny look than an Agmatine or nitrate pump. And even though I do notice a pump from this product consistently, I can tell it's from the Agmatine because it's a dryer look with less swelling.

As far as the Leucine goes, it is the prime muscle building amino. But it is most likely underdosed as well and I am in the school of thought that the other two BCAA's (Isoleucine, Valine) are necessary for Leucine to work it's best.

For the energy and intensity matrices, they are essentially all stimulants. That adds up to 500+ mg per scoop. Like I said, VERY stim heavy.

Caffeine, 1,3, and yohimbine are the only ingredients I readily recognize, and I personally like all 3 of them. But the other forms of caffeine really kick your ass!

Pro Supps claims that the caffeine citrate is a faster acting form of caffeine, and I can say the stim effect did kick in within a few minutes after consuming. And the Infinergy is caffeine bound to malic acid, which apparently aids in absorption and replenishes energy more rapidly. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt here because I just can't get over how powerful the stims in this are!

The rest of the ingredients are nootropic agents, like the pikatropin. It's not intense tunnel vision but focus is definitely up during my workouts.

It seems that for all of it's shortcomings in the profile, Hyde has a standout point.

Another standout point and bad point combo: taste and mixability. Taste I'll give an 8.5, mixability I'll give a 6.5.

I got the watermelon flavor but this also comes in fruit punch. I decided to get watermelon because you actually get less grams/scoop but the same amount of effective ingredients as the fruit punch. I figured I'd skip out on the extra gram or so of fillers.

The watermelon tastes great in about 10 ounces of cold water. The smell is good as well. Watermelon may take a try or two to get used to, but after you're in the clear. It's not something you look forward to drinking like Supp D or the old Assault, but it's enjoyable and finishes smooth with no aftertaste.

The mixability on the other hand... pretty bad. This stuff foams up in the shaker no matter how much water you use. And it takes 3 or 4 refills with a bit of water just to get all of the stuff off the sides. The powder doesn't leave any clumps, and I don't care all that much about the foam, but it's just annoying to deal with.

For value, I have to give Hyde a 9. There are truly 40 servings in a tub because 1 scoop is enough. I found this online for as cheap as $26 but I paid about $35. The regular value would be $.65/workout and mine would be $.86/workout. Either way, very pocket friendly.

For effectiveness, I'll give Hyde an 8. I basically explained effectiveness in the ingredient profile but I'll touch on it a bit more. Endurance is up, pumps are noticeable, energy and focus are WAY up, and strength increases are decent enough to mention. Not like the old Assault where you felt like you're hitting another gear, but this definitely puts you in the frame of mind and state of body to lift.

The caveat with Hyde is that you GOT to use 1 scoop, no more. Both me and my friend had crazy stomach problems and felt like complete crack heads after taking 1.5 scoops. We both crashed incredibly hard too.

Skip out on trying to bump up the dosage of the ingredients by going over one scoop. I had lingering health problems (general sickness and stomach problems) ever since trying 1.5 scoops, and my friend can't even open his tub of Hyde without feeling like throwing up anymore.

Save the time and money and take Pro Supps up on their warning.

Overall, Hyde garners an 8. It's an above average preworkout that will definitely give you the energy boost, focus, and the pumps you need for a grueling workout. It lacks a bit in the strength department, and the prop blends are an indicator that most ingredients aren't at an efficient dose which is never a good thing.

Don't be a hero, stick to one scoop, and Hyde will do is job. I recommend cycling this pre in if you're looking for a high-stim option.
  • Good Pumps
  • Sometimes Crash Afterwards
  • Doesn't Mix Well
Meuth

April 18, 2014

For some strange reason, I ran out of pre-workout a couple of months ago. I started looking around and was trying to find something that I had wanted to try for a while. I saw Mr. Hyde and at a good deal so I purchased some to give it a run. I've wanted to try this for a while but just never got any for whatever reason. If nothing else, it has one of the best names for a pre because it has you thinking you'll turn into a monster!

Taste 9/10

I had the Red Razz flavor and I have to say, I really liked it. It was sweet and not too tart and a refreshing change from the blue razz and fruit punches. Sometimes I mixed it with DPOL Custard Cream too on the way to the gym and it mixed well with that even though it might sound disgusting. They did a good job on the flavoring here.

Profile 8/10

4 blends but nothing overly special here.

Strength Matrix 5000mg

Beta Alanine

Creatine Hydrochloride

L-Leucine

L-Citrulline Malate

Argmatine Sulfate

Caffeine Matrix 419mg

Caffeine Anhydrous

InfinergyTM (Dicaffeine Malate)- caffeine bound to malic acid to help in absorbtion

Caffeine Citrate-fast acting

Intensity Matrix 194mg

Swertia chirayita- glucose metabolism and may act as an anti-inflammatory. Very few studies

Acacia rigidula-may lower blood pressure and is used in weight loss for feeling full.

N-Isopropyloctopamine (WHAT?)- balance out neurotransmitters/mood enhancer/anabolic agent/weight loss

Rauwolfia Vornitoria Root-promotes healthy cell regulation

Yohimbe Bark Extract-sexual function but more for athletic endurance here

Focal Martix

Pikatropin ®- cognitive enhancer

Nobile Orchid Dendrobium Stem Extract –Supposed to replace DMAA

N-Phenylacetyl-L- prolylglycine ethyl ester-Increased focus and concentration as well as improved cognitive functions.

Effectivness 8.5/10

So you can look at what's in the blends and see that it seems that a lot of things are underdosed. With 5 grams in the strength matrix, it's hard to believe there is enough of anything in there. I did have slight BA tingles in fingers, lips, and cheeks when I upped my dose but nothing crazy. I can't say that I noticed any big strength differences with this but adding 5g of creatine mono (which came with my deal) did help. The pump was noticeable but nothing mind blowing but then again, this isn't a PUMP product.

The Energy Matrix has 419mg of caffeine! I can tell you that I'm a stim junkie and at 275#, it takes a lot to tweak me. I never felt totally wigged out on this but I could feel the energy for sure. If I took it on an empty stomach, it would upset my stomach a little because of the stims. Be aware of the amount of stims in this before you go overboard!

Intensity matrix was where this really shined for me! From what I read, the N-Isopropyloctopamine is a very effective mood enhancer. I'm here to tell you, this stuff would make me so happy about 20 minutes into my workout. It was crazy the feeling that would overcome me. I clown in the gym a lot anyway but this was different. I'd walk up to the deadlift bar and start dancing. I mean seriously, the feeling was amazing.

The focal matrix seemed to work pretty decent too. Even though I was "high" from the N-Isopropyloctopamine, when it was go time, that's all I could think about. My focus is above average anyway but I could tell a difference here.

Value 9/10

You're looking at getting this for about $30 for 40 servings. I did get up to using 1.5ish eventually but would still say it averaged out to about $1/serving. That's very good in today's preworkout world where 2-3 scoops is common. When I bought this, I got their Creatine mono included so the deal was even better.

Overall 8/10

I liked the energy and focus. I loved the feeling. I can say this helped me make it through some workouts that I didn't have the desire to do for sure with good results. The caffeine didn't bother me as long as I had something in my stomach but please be aware of what one scoop has in it if you're sensitive to stims.

I would and will buy this again at some point. It is easily in my top 4 preworkouts as of right now. Give it a shot and see if you become a monster!
  • Mood Enhancer
    mjh34
      April 30, 2015

----Ingredient Profile----
    Happy with this - decent amounts of key ingredients with no prop blend. Creatine HCL included for those like me who don't like to use mono. All amounts detailed and without tons of filler and stuff you've never heard of. Good amount of caffeine though I wouldn't want to go any higher than this. 500mg Leucine included so arguably don't need to add BCAAs if you're on an empty stomach like me however I do add a scoop of Xtend either with Mr Hyde or intra-workout. Also contains 500mg of Agmatine.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    Couldn't care less about taste but it goes down fine. Mixability ok though some bits left which you have to make sure you swig down. True 1 scoop serving, no need to worry about having to build up to 2-3 scoops.

----Effectiveness----
    I work out first thing early in the morning and Mr Hyde delivers just enough to energise and wake me and easily gets me through a hard workout. The first time I used it it sent me absolutely bonkers as if I was turning in to the hulk - this feeling went away almost immediately as my tolerance built but has left a good solid decent experience ever since. Pumps are good, no problems here at all and the product delivers again.

----Value----
    £26.49 for 30 servings where I buy this. Pre-workouts and supplements in general are not cheap, especially here in the UK, but this price is quite reasonable in comparison to other pre-workouts and considering the effectiveness, servings, and ingredients.

----Side Effects----
    No side effects and no crash. The only thing I guess is after a workout, lots of water, and lots of caffeine, I do have to pee a lot for an hour or two afterwards.

----Conclusion----
    Mr Hyde has definitely become my go-to pre-workout. If you are sick of being disappointed by sub-par pre-workouts and propriety blends, and want a good sound reasonably-priced 1-scoop product that includes creatine hcl, agmatine, and added leucine, with no crash, then give it a go.
    locospider09
      January 13, 2014

What up Ladies and Gent of SR. Today I will take a look at hands down my favorite pre on the market today. Mr. Hyde comes out of ProSupps as part of the Jekyll and Hyde combo, which is showing a lot more promise after revamping some of their product line. Jekyll is geared more towards pump while Hyde is geared around energy. This split gives an option for both stim sensitive and stim craving enthusiasts. Let it be known that Mr. Hyde is strong and I mean STRONG. Let's jump right in shall we.

Profile- 9

N-Methyl Tyramine- 50mg
    Hordenine- 50mg
    Yohimbe Bark Extract- 2mg
    Rauwolfia Vomitoria Root Extract (std. min. 90% Alpha-Yohimbine)- 2mg

Profile wise it has all the goodies. Joeflah put out a very detailed breakdown of what the greater and lesser known ingredients do, but all around the only thing I have ever added is Citrulline for more pump, but over all I feel this was as close as a 10 can get for a pre.

Effectiveness- 9
    In the words of Marc Lobliner..BOOM!! This pre really takes off for me. Obviously with the insanely high amount of stims, how could you not get wired. It wasn't a nasty jittery stim which was nice, but more along the lines of I never really tired quickly mentally. Sometimes when I'm going through a heavy day, I don't really feel like I have the energy to do HIIT cardio afterwards, but while on Hyde I have enough in the tank. The beta-alanine gave me a great tingle, but at 2.5g I would sure hope it would. I got a nice pump from the Agmatine, although I always required more Citrulline to get an intense pump over the norm. The added gram of Creatine Hydrochloride is right around where you would want it to help increase ATP, although between hydro and mono, Creapure always showed more promise in my physique. Additionally, I feel the Leucine was just an added bonus, but not really of substance.

Value- 9
    This is a "true" one scooper pre workout.The standard size of this bottle is 40 servings for around $35 (about $0.87 per serving) depending on where you go. The flavors are Grape, Blue Razz, Lemon Razz, Orange Guava, Fruit Punch, and Watermelon (with Fruit Punch and Watermelon coming in exclusive size of 48 servings (comes to $0.77 per serving) which helps the value score). It mixes great and I've had all but Blue Razz and Lemon Razz, each tasting pretty good. Grape was hands down my favorite being close to grape Kool-aid.

Overall- 9
    For a pre, all I ever expect is energy, pump, and focus. This provides more than enough energy, yet it lacks in the pump department which is the one leering flaw. For a good price and great effects, I really enjoyed Mr. Hyde. It definitely needs to be cycled because of the high amount of stims, but is really worth a go. I would recommend trying a half scoop first to assess tolerance because of the Yohimbe, but even half a scoop can be enough for the less stim craving lifters.

Till next time,
    Loco
    tommy777
      August 20, 2013

I took this product before it became Mr. Hyde the difference is that Hyde contained DMAA and Mr. Hyde does not, you can still buy Hyde on some websites I do believe.

As I started to take this preworkout my attitude was the same for any in that I can take a little over the recommended dosage. This was definitely not the case. The label warns to not to take more than one scoop and I took about a scoop and a quarter maybe and it was way too much. The next time I tried it I only took one scoop and for me it was still too much so I took it down to just a half a scoop and for me that worked the best. More than that and I literally felt like my heart was going to explode and I remained that way for a few hours. I am not new to pwos or anything this stuff is just very heavy in stims and was a little much for me.

I am not going to dissect all the ingredients of this product there are other posts you can read that will go into detail on what all it contains.

Taste: (8) Fruit Punch I thought it had a really good taste and was not hard to drink at all. It also did not irritate my stomach or anything like other pwos, like NO.

Energy: (10) It was ridiculous at even once scoop. For me I was jittery and my heart was racing to a point that I though I may need to go to the doctor. A buddy of mine also tried it at just one scoop and he was experiencing the same feeling and this did not go away for a few hours. At a half a scoop it seemed a lot more fitting and still gave me a ton of energy it was just not sustained for as long.

Endurance: (8) Was great if you can handle the feeling of you heart exploding. You will be able to lift much longer and have more energy throughout your workouts and knock out some extra reps at the ends of your lifts.

Value: (9) It has 40 servings for around $30.00 a tub. For me only taking a half a scoop for the remaining of the container it was definitely worth its money. But even at taking a scoop each time, no more than that is needed, it is still a good price.

Effectiveness: (7)For me the effectiveness is down a little because it was too stim heavy and it was hard for me to concentrate on lifting when I was thinking I might die, more seriously it was just hard for me to stay focused I had so much energy I just felt like I was bouncing of the walls and could not concentrate. For lifters who love stim heavy pwos this would definitely be the one for you.

I will give Hyde an 8 overall. It was a very intense pwo that stays true to the warning on the label. You only need one scoop if that and you will for sure feel the rush of energy after taking it.
    • Good Pumps
    • Sometimes Crash Afterwards
    • Big Time Crash
    Redstar
      January 4, 2015

----Introduction----
    Review of Mr. Hyde Watermelon flavored pre-workout.

Background Info: I've been lifting weights for about 7 years now, by no means an expert but I have tried a little of everything (H.I.T, negatives, 300 workout, cross-fit, insanity old fashioned, etc.) As far as pre-supplements go-I only ever took the original Jack3d. It worked great. I am an avid connoisseur of Monster Energy drinks and drink one per day. Did this affect me with this Supp? Who knows. Am I tolerant of caffeine? Yes. So this supp could work for you. But for me it didn't.

Diet: 220 grams protein/day, 3000 calories/day, 1 Monster energy drink a day (more on this later), multi-vitamin, omegas. Carbs could be better.

Goals: My goals are to build mass, not an extreme amount but to just get big and stay big. But other goal is not to get fat. So, it's a complex procedure!

First thoughts on product: I was actually at GNC (don't hate me) and like an idiot asked the counter-guy what people were buying that worked for a pre-workout. He pointed out Mr. Hyde as a great pre-workout. The packaging was attractive and with a name like Mr. Hyde I assumed it would turn me into a beast during my workout! I think I paid $29.99 for it at the time. Anyways, I cycled it for about a month. I hadn't used a pre-workout for several years. As a matter of fact, the last time I used a pre-workout was with jack3d by USP Labs. Since it worked so well, I figured they all did. I stopped using jack3d because allegedly it had been reformulated and wasn't as effective, and I typically have enough energy, anyways.

Day#1-I did get a slight energy boost from Mr. Hyde and the flavor was very Tasty. It was a very artificial flavored Watermelon but it tasted good. I didn't get a pump off it. As a matter of fact, it felt like it kicked in within 10 minutes, and was gone just as fast. So I got amped up for about 10 minutes with a slight tingling sensation.

The mixing directions are take one scoop 15-30 minutes before workout with 8oz cold water. It very clearly says not exceed one scoop daily. (I feel like I should have taken 3 scoops) but I never did and followed directions. One a side note: A buddy tried some. First time did nothing for him, so he did two scoops right in front of me, and he said it did nothing with 2 scoops!.

Week1-Same thing. I would get a slight energy feeling for like 10 minutes, then gone.
    Week2-Got worse, like a 5 minute energetic feeling.
    Week3-Same-5 minutes.
    Week4-Might as well have been drinking water. Also, the powder got really hard and was hard to scoop up. I ended up not quite making the full four weeks and threw it away ;(

How you discovered SR: Was researching HALO-V prohormones and came across a genuine review and decided to try and help and get help myself ;)
    ----Ingredient Profile----
    The only reason I'm not giving it a 1 or a 2 is because it does have some nice matrixes inside.
    You get some decent amino acids, like Leucine, Alanine, Citrulline. It also comes with a nice dose of creatine hydrocholride-1000mg. With the creatine and aminos, you're getting 5000mg of total blends.

Includes a hefty 350mg of caffeine.

Also includes yohimbe bark extract, pikatropin and other things listed as an "Intensity Matrix".

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    Taste: Delicious!
    Mixability: Scoop the powder into a water bottle and shake it up.
    Dosing: One scoop into 8oz cold water per day. Don't exceed one scoop.

----Effectiveness----

For me, very little. See my week chart above. By the 4th week I might as well have been drinking water.
    I have a hunch if you have never done a pre-workout and don't drink energy drinks, this may work better for you.
    ----Value----
    Over priced. Worth about $10 to me and thats just because of the Aminos.

----Side Effects----
    If I took this after 4pm it did seem to keep me up until midnight, as opposed to my normal 10:30.
    So, restlessness? I wish it had given me restlessness in the Gym ;)

----Conclusion----
    Ok, final point. It plain didn't work for me.

My advice: If you drink energy drinks don't use this. I recently started Arnold's Iron Cree pre-workout, and it works amazing! I'll write a review on it in a month. So I think it was just this product...
     Pros:
     Cons:
      • Can Only Take One Scoop
      • Not A Big Pump
      • Rapid Heartbeat After Workout
      • No Pump
      • Restlessness
      medinacirilo
        February 23, 2015

Ok, time for my quarterly (I'm trying guys but so busy) review. Its no secret I'm a horrible stim-Junkie. I've said before, I work graveyard shift, so stims are sorta my thing. I need something strong just to get out of bed around noon and get to the gym. I used this pretty much from May-July of 2014, and enjoyed it. My routine at the time of use was a basic 4 day split, and of course some cardio thrown in. Diet was normal food, no emphasis on bulk cut or anything, just meat and potatoes home cooking. Did try to avoid junk and fast food, but that's all the time for me. I actually walked into a GNC and bought this, paid under $40 ( i think) for the "bonus can" which had 48 scoops. So for me, the can lasted forever! it was strong and enjoyable, but came with an *asterisk, at least in my opinion. I'll explain below.

PROFILE- 7 Its got a few blends under the hood, the first one labeled Strength Matrix (@5000mg). Usual suspects are Beta Alanine, Creatine Hydrochloride, L-Leucine, L-Citrulline Malate, Argmatine Sulfate.
      The energy blend is labeled the Caffeine Matrix @419mg!!! We got some Caffeine Anhydrous, InfinergyTM (Dicaffeine Malate), and fast acting Caffeine Citrate. Here's where my *Asterisk comes in; we got here 400+ mgs of Caffeine! Even for me, that seems like a bit much. I never had any adverse effects from it, but i did respect it.
      We also have an Intensity Matrix (194mg), with Swertia chirayita, Acacia rigidula, N-Isopropyloctopamine, Rauwolfia Vornitoria Root, and Yohimbe Bark Extract. Lots of big words. Then a Focal Martix with Pikatropin, Dendrobium Stem Extract (I've read this is supposed to be the "new 1,3 dymethyl"), N-Phenylacetyl-L- prolylglycine ethyl ester. Some good focus agents in there. All in all an adrenaline packed product.

EFFECTIVENESS- 8 This bad Mofo hit fast and hard from day-1, and never really let up! Some decent tingles about 10 minutes after taking, nothing to make me tear at my face. I got some decent pumps here, too. I started with a level scoop, and eventually went up to a "rounded" scoop. Guesstimate it was 1.25 scoops at most. That's pretty good for not building up a tolerance. I got the Fruit Punch, and it did get old after 2 months. It mixed well, and lasted for several hours with a nice come-down. I didn't go into a coma. But, and here's my point, in the back of my mind I knew I was ingesting 400+ mgs of caffeine. Taking more then 1.25 scoops, for more pump effect, was not an option. Cardio after lifting would leave me more winded then usual. With some of the other New-School Preworkouts using 300mg or less, this seemed like a cop out. But Hey, it did it job!

SIDE EFFECTS- 8, meaning not much. Just the knowledge that you were consuming a lot of caffeine in a short amount of time. Remarkably, I didn't get nauseous with this, or have any stomach problems.

VALUE-8 Pretty good, not crazy expensive. With my gold card this was under $40, and lasted a LONG time. There is better deals online, but at the time I had cash in my pocket and was jonesing for a fix, maaaan.

OVERALL-7. I liked this, and recommended (and shared a scoop or two) to any friend and co-worker who asked. I would buy again, IF there wasn't so damn many other preworkouts on the market I want to try!
      WingedHussar
        May 28, 2013

Important Note: This is a review of the newer formulation of Mr. Hyde. This formula is free of 1,3-Dimethyl (personally, that makes me sad). It'll be interesting to see how it stacks up in comparison to the older profile.
      Also, be prepared: this is kind of a long review.
      So without further ado, on we go!

Ingredients/Dosing: 9/10

I don't give many products a 9/10 because they're often parroting other companies or cutting corners with cheap, weak product. That isn't the case here at all:

1 Scoop (6.15g) Contains:

Rauwolfia Vomitoria Root Extract (std, min, 90% Alpha-Yohimbine) 2 mg

and more

Servings: 40
      Sweetener: Sucralose

Holy Bejeezus, Batman, now that's a stack! The oft-seen ingredients are here: Creatine, Beta-Alanine, Caffeine. At first glance, it seems pretty run of the mill, but consider the quality of the ingredients for a second here. Creatine HCl (also known as Con-Cret) is currently the most potent form of creatine on the market. Micro-dosed and extra pure, I have never seen strength boosts greater than with Creatine HCl. Good call, especially since some brands are reformulating and switching over to it for this very reason.

Here's where it gets really interesting though: a caffeine blend. I have never seen something like that in a pre-workout before -at very least not like this. Caffeine citrate is caffeine bonded with vitamin C in order to increase absorption. It is a chelated ingredient, and you often see the citrate form for things that are difficult to digest, like calcium (e.g. Citra-Cal). When you combine this with caffeine, you get a stimulant that hit's you within ten minutes and sends your energy levels through the roof. But there's only 50mg, with the rest being in the form of dicaffeine malate and the usual anhydrous. This allows for a quick, effective, and steady increase in energy with little crash, but more on that later. Be forewarned, a single scoop has a total of 400mg of caffeine in all its forms, so please limit this to a single scoop.
      My favorite aspect of this product though is the focus supplement called Pikatropin that they add. Focus supplements in pre-workouts are a highly underrated, oft-overlooked aspect of the training experience. Far too frequently do we see companies overloading products with stims in the hopes of getting something akin to focus. ProSupps hasn't forgotten it here though, so props to them.
      Lastly is Agmatine Sulphate. This is still a very new product among the multitudes in the bodybuilding and supplement world, but in my experience it's a quickly rising one. Most "pump" ingredients like arginine or citrulline require at least a gram or three to really make an impact in the gym. Agmatine is fascinating in that you need only 500mg to see a difference. Agmatine is an endogenous product of arginine: a chemical produced from arginine by biochemical reactions. Because agmatine is already the metabolite of arginine and does not require further biochemical reactions, it is known to actually work better than arginine and provides an increased effect on mood, focus, and pump.

Taste: 9/10
      You'd think that a product that has all of these ultra-concentrated ingredients would taste like Oscar the Grouch's butthole, and yet here I am, surprised again. I bought the watermelon as I always do, but later got to try a sample of fruit punch from my store. Both are quite tasty, with very little in the way of grit or clumps at all, and I actually looked forward to my pre-workout drink (a rare sight to behold if any of you know anything about me). It did foam up a fair amount in my shaker cup but I noticed that just some gentle circular shakes mixed it just fine and reduced the foaming. This is not the case when you try to shake it like a 13 year old that just discovered porn, so please; do be gentle with this one. I did get the typical Con-Cret residue feeling on my teeth. It's hard to explain what that's like, but it's almost like there's a clear film on your teeth afterwards that's odd to the touch. In another review I described it as the aftertaste of waxy maize. Just wash your mouth out a little and it'll go away no problem.

Pump: 8/10
      This was one of my first forays into using agmatine, but I have to say I'm impressed. This product has a lot of stims, which will tighten your blood vessels and reduce the pump. Agmatine clearly did it's job though, since every workout I took it with gave me an awesome dry (no bloated look) pump that lasted a few hours after use. It probably won't make you super vascular if you aren't already, but there were times (like when doing arms or shoulders) where I got a really great, full pump that made me feel like I had really done something at the gym.

Energy: 8/10

All I can say is the energy with this was dakka dakka(any Warhammer fans out there?)! It hits you very noticeably and very quickly. I have a fast metabolism, so I expected something like 15 or 20 minutes. No. Five minutes. No joke, I was in the locker room, just took a scoop with some cold water, and had just finished changing into my gym clothes. BOOM. Super saiyan. I'm speaking in hyperbole so don't take what I just said too seriously, but all joking aside I felt it quick and it lasted a good while. It wasn't very jittery energy either. I definitely felt an increase in focus and motivation, and Mr. Hyde doesn't crap out on you 45 minutes into leg day and leave you exhausted. I'm pretty used to pre-workouts and I've taken several 1,3-dimethyl products, so the closeness to Jack3d was astounding. All this being said, I KNOW that there's going to be some people who are so used to pre workouts that they'll feel this is underdosed. For normal humans though, this'll certainly be enough to get you going.

Just as a side note, I've suggested this product to many athletes looking for an alternative to 1,3 products, and they've all given the thumbs up for Mr. Hyde. Anyone who knows a 1,3 junkie will know that's not an opinion to be taken lightly.

Strength: 7/10

Good, but not amazing. Creatine HCl is one of those products that does actually subscribe to the bodybuilding principal of "more is better". Having taken three capsules of Con-Cret before, I noticed significant increases in strength that sound outrageous. Example: One leg day a while ago, my squat went up by 45 pounds (mind you, I was hopped up on stims and viciously competing with a rival of mine to see who could squat more, so my head was about as "˜in the game' as it could be. It wasn't just the creatine). I noticed similar results when using Creacore, but that has almost twice as much creatine as Mr. Hyde does. 1 gram is a good dose, but I would say it's just not quite enough. My strength went up without any kind of bloating and I felt confident in hitting new PRs, so kudos for that. I wish they would have allowed for a slightly larger scoop so they could fit something like 2 grams per serving. If that were the case, I'm sure this score would be significantly increased.

Side Effects: 10/10 (higher being better)
      Zip, nuffin', nada. I've looked at a few other reviews and it seems some experience a bit of crash after using this. This wasn't the case for me though. After every workout I was relaxed and I wasn't dragging my feet from the weight room. I also didn't see any kind of stomach upset or nausea during my workout. A lot of these ultra-concentrates will have your running to the nearest stall, which I don't think anyone wants. Mr. Hyde was great in that I got a big burst of energy without all the sides. Also, I'm thinking that bad quality beta alanine causes a lot of the bowel issues when people take these products. I say that because with 2.5 grams, I was expecting to start vibrating as I walked into the gym, that didn't happen though. All I got was some tingling on my upper lip and a little around my shoulders, which I liked.

As good as this product is, don't expect it to come cheap. With expensive ingredients comes an expensive price tag. It should be noted that with Mr. Hyde you get 40 full servings (as opposed to Dr. Jekyll's 30), so all these ingredients together in one product for about a dollar a serving is actually pretty fair.

I always look at how a supplement affects the industry as a whole, and this one's making some waves as far as providing a quality product. Pro Supps isn't a big company but I like what they're doing here. After running a full container and then some, I've come to the conclusion that the company is really trying to look ahead to the future of pre workouts and try to be the first of something relatively new. The way I see it, athletes are moving away from mega-dosed stimulant drinks and are looking for increased power and motivation. We all have jobs, families, lives: we can't afford to take something that'll make you crash and leave you drained. Mr. Hyde isn't a pre-workout for the light-hearted -it'll certainly kick you in the pants- but it's versatile in that the crossfitter, powerlifter, or 9-to-5 everyman could make use of something like this. It's my honest opinion that Mr. Hyde is the start of something new, and I look forward to seeing how the industry grows from it.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Tastes Good
      • No Sides
      • Focus Formula
      • Crash For Some
      • A Little Expensive
      Slammis
        March 23, 2014

Hey all I'm pretty new to this whole SR thing and kinda just stumbled upon it when looking for some answers to a question I had.

So as an athlete I'm all about optimizing my performance - I want to compete in pankration which is a demanding sport (normally just do ju jitsu and kickboxing events.

I tried Hyde because it was on sale my my local Vitamin Shoppe and because at the time I was trying many different PW's in order to find one I actually liked.

The first thing I'll talk about is the taste and mix-ability; I bought watermelon flavor and man does this stuff taste good! Other products I tried such as N.O. Explode and Muscle Fuel don't taste that great and don't mix that well.

However during my workouts I often felt an uneasy feeling in my stomach and felt way to over hyped from this product to focus. Anyone who competes knows the dry mouth and rapid heart beat Adrenalin rush that can actually decrease your performance if not kept in check and that's what I felt like on this product.

Besides the giant burst of energy I didn't even feel a pump on this product which made me wonder why I took it in the first place. After a few weeks of taking it I noticed noticeable crashes on days I took Hyde than on days I didn't and some nights I even had trouble sleeping.

Eventually I simply built up a tolerance to this product all together and felt next to nothing when taking it. However; I only ever took 1 scoop as one scoop contains 419mg of Caffeine and any more than that in a day is well beyond any recommended dosage.

While many consider Hyde to be the pinnacle of intensity I rather like it's counterpart Dr. Jekyll as it has similar Beta Alanine levels (hyde: 2500mg, Jekyll: 2000mg) The same amount of L-Leucine, same of amount of creatine, Less caffeine (140mg I believe)and I felt way more out of of Jekyll's pump matrix than anything Hyde had to offer.

I will offer this to Hyde: I saw awesome strength increases (It was during this time I had a 5RM of 355 on my Squat) however I saw the same increases on Jekyll and could focus better.

The last part of the review is price and this is where Hyde wins. Price/serving of Hyde at my local shop is around $1.05 where Jekyll is around $1.50 so the price value is great!
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Builds Strength
      • To Hyped Up
      • Unfocused Due To Jitters
      • Huge Tolerance Build Up
      • Big Time Crash
      • Rapid Heartbeat After Workout
      Yoshio
        February 23, 2014

This reviews a little late but it has to be said.
      There comes a time in the supplement game when one product stands out and can either accelerate or burn out in controversy. Mr. Hyde is the one that excels and remains on store shelves (with a minor subtraction of 1,3) and satisfies any stim junkies needs.

Price: I paid a solid $25 for a 20 serving tub. I wasn't looking for a long term stay with this so the 20 serving is a god send. Also I simply cut the scoops in half and stack it with Jekyll. So with careful conserving I can make this last a good 30 sessions. Not a bad deal in my opinion.

Mixability: The powder has no thick clumps or nothing dense that'll sing. Pure powder that'll blend beautifully to the shake of your shaker cup. No worries here.

Taste: I got Fruit Punch, it's a classic choice and safe if your not comfortable with new flavors. They have watermelon but I don't like watermelon in general. And might I say the taste is the best of all categories in my opinion! Reason being is that it tastes like red sweettart! No after taste or chemical taste, just a sweet drink you could down all day!

Effects: First 10 minutes I feel the caffeine rush hit me like a ton of bricks!!! 400 mg per scoop people, this is no joke. The energy rush will wake you up and make it your life mission to get into the gym! I was however sensitive to the stims so the first try I felt jittery and shaky but I grooved into it slowly and now it's all in control.
      The focus will set in but not a tunnel vision kind of deal, just a simple "get the job done" mentality.
      I stayed in the gym an extra hour making a new excuse to work another muscle so my arm day turned to shoulder day and ab day and a little legs too. Yeah, it's that much energy!
      The pumps felt a little lacking on the side. I broke new PRs, but didn't get that swole feeling (unless I threw in Jekyll).

The pre is solid, it's just for those who have high tolerance that it's more suited for. I do want to note that I lost some hunger after taking this so if your bulking, just a word to the wise.

If you purchase this I recommend the Jekyll stack. These two Pre really pack the punch of a lifetime. It's pump, energy, focus and endurance that last enough time for you to break records. If your in the market looking for something new, head down for Hyde. There are no regrets with this little guy!