CLA

By Optimum
CLA Optimum
?/10
(Only 4 Reviews - Waiting on more trustworthy reviews.)

Reviews Discussion Related Prices

mkwan

CLA does work overtime

December 16, 2010

Optimum CLA, CLA is scientifically proven to trim those unwanted fats into muscles, before this I was at it with Hydroxycut Advanced to boost my motabolism and it kinda work, it was costly so decided to change to CLA;

Taste: N/A - No taste, but the softgel is almost half your thumb, so Im not sure what other opinions will be.

Effectiveness: 8/10 - CLA does work overtime, stack it with either Flaxseed Oil or Fish Oil so the Omega 6 doesnt get too much in your body as you gotta have even amount of Omegas 3 6 9 in your body. It worked for me after 2 bottle, I started noticing those so-called 'surfer's abs' appearing after 2 months of cardio, sit-ups and etc. With the correct diet and exercise regime, this does work overtime.

Side effects: N/A - No weird burp taste.

Value: 8/10 - Its worth the money if those other weight loss product is too expensive, I recommend you get 2 bottles of it or if theres the 180 softgel, get that one.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Builds Abs

switch115's CLA Review

August 1, 2011

okay this is the first review i write

okay this is the first review i write

This product is awesome . It worked immediatly i took a full bottle along side OEP and i dropped 10 pounds and 2 inches off my waist in 30 days most ppl say it takes 2 months for this product to work but i saw results in 30 days ..ofcourse i was busting my ass in the gym doing alot of cardio proper weigh and diet regiment. Took six pills a day 2 w every meal the pills are not hard to digest at all ...the value is great as well i got a months supply for $20 bucks cant beat that ..CLA definetly helps you get leaner and more defined i will buy this sgain when i go back on my cutting cycle

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Builds Abs

Posted August 1, 2011
      i bet ya $20 that you would of seen the same results without the cla. cla takes about 6-12 months to really kick in. try to take just oep next time

Posted August 1, 2011
      ive taken the oep just by itself and it worked but not as well as it did this time when i was taking the CLA and also not everybody reacts the same to every supplement

Virtus

Posted August 1, 2011
      Yes, everyone reacts differently to each supplement, but science still makes some reactions unlikely or impossible. Research studies have shown that cla takes a very long time to have even minimal effect. Actually recent studies show that it may even do nothing at all. There was a recent thread on this, you can find it.

Not saying you didn't have great results, just saying science says it was likely not due to the cla.

AndreBanzai's CLA Review

February 24, 2011

Alright, this a tough one to review because I have been taking them for a week and half only. But I am discontinuing the use of this product. I have no idea if it works or not to help you lose fat, I haven't been taking it long enough for me to know this. This review is to warn other about a side-effect of these pills.

I was taking these along with Flaxseed Oil, whey and casein. After a while I started to get a lot of acid reflux and heartburns. Now, this is important: I have a history of stomach problems, such as gastritis and acid reflux. But it was under control for a long time. Then I started to feel it again.

I thought it was probably due to my eating habits, but I tried to find where I was eating wrong, and I wasn't. I was following a healthy diet, sometimes eating some ice cream, but I wasn't abusing it. So I went to the BodyBuilding.com review pages and started reading about the products I'm using.

Sure enough, an user there posted that he was getting heartburns while taking CLA, and when he stopped taking the pills, the heartburns stopped. So I started noticing. I took the pills and then 20 minutes later I'd get this awful acid reflux and then BOOM heartburn. Awful, awful feeling. I took it alone, without taking anything else, and it certainly is due to the CLA.

I was intrigued by this and opened one of the softgel capsules with a knife, to taste the contents. I was expecting something extremely acid inside, but to my surprise it tasted like oil, like the oil from a nut. It didn't taste acidic at all.

The other day I tested it again. I took 2 pills. 20 mins later, acid reflux, BOOM HEARTBURN! And if you have acid reflux, you know that when you're feeling the acid burn your esophagus, you usually burp a lot. Well, when I started burping, I suddenly recognized the faint smell of the oil I had tasted the night before, from the capsule.

So this is it, folks. I don't know if this works. I know it has a CLEAR, BAD side-effect for people with acid reflux. So if you're one of those people, you've been warned. It hits pretty hard on the stomach, I'm not kidding. And I'll tell you, training while feeling acid reflux is HORRIBLE. Your motivation drops to near zero, the pain is VERY uncomfortable.

Pros:
      Cons:
        • Causes Heartburn

Cray

Posted February 24, 2011
        Do you know what CLA stands for? Conjugated Lineolic ACID. Obviously if you have a history of stomach issues, supplementing an acidic product is probably not going to go over really well.

Not to rip on you, but CLA needs to be taken over a lengthy period of time in order to become effective (certainly long than a week and a half).

CLA is perfectly safe and I don't think heartburn is a common side effect for most people. I like your review and the way you wrote it, but your individual response to this product is the exception, not the rule.

Posted February 24, 2011
        I actually had a friendly conversation with Cray over my review through PMs. I'd like to complement that I can take other acids, such as Vitamin C, orange and lemon juice. I even eat raw lemon and I will have no problems.

Also, I can eat tons of meat and drink lots of milk and I won't feel that kind of discomfort.

This review, in sum, is specifically aimed at those with gastric problems. If you don't have gastric problems, don't worry about this. But I feel for those with this kind of condition, because it hit me HARD on the stomach. If you still feel like trying it, NEVER take it on an empty stomach. Be sure to eat a lot first, to minimize the effects.

This product helped me to decrease my fat percentage

November 1, 2012

Hello,
        This product helped me to decrease my fat percentage (about 2.5%) in one month and sustained my muscles.
        It is effective when trying to cut.
        NO SIDE EFFECTS.
        It is a bit pricey regarding it's function.
        Hello,
        It is effective when trying to cut.
        NO SIDE EFFECTS.
        It is a bit pricey regarding it's function.