Optimum CLA

CLA Optimum User Rating: (4 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 63% (Uncertain)

Compare Similar Products:

Products in the same category:

Optimum Fish Oil Reviews
Fish Oil (19 Reviews)
GNC Triple Strength Fish Oil Reviews
Triple Strength Fish Oil (19 Reviews)
Universal Animal Omega Reviews
Animal Omega (18 Reviews)
Controlled Labs Orange OxiMega Fish Oil Reviews
Orange OxiMega Fish Oil (7 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

Montego gets FREAKY at the Branch Warren CLAssic
Alright gents this is going to be my competition prep log. Currently I am 13 wee...

WSG 4.2: Metroflex CLAssic Open Prep & Meet
I told you guys a new log was coming. Don't like it, you know what you can ...

New CLA Powder by Man Sports.
Just got an email from Man Sports and they have a new CLA Powder. ...

CLAim your FREE 360CUT Blender Bottle!!!

2014 Arnold Strongman CLAssic Recap. New world record on Hummer tire deadlift.
Here is the recap of the Arnold Strongman that happened this past weekend. I pos...

Arnold CLAssic deals at Getrippednutrition (Such as Burn24 180caps 29.99)
https://www.getrippednutrition.com/dealoftheday.asp Many good deals on there: ...

Arnold CLAssic 2014: Who's going? (Reps and Board Sponsors included).
It's coming up on that time of year fellas and I'm pumped to be going ...

What's Your Body Type? A Quick CLAssification Guide
Ectomorph Often referred to as a “Hard Gainer”, the ectomorph body type is chara...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

CLA Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
CLA Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Builds Abs (2)
  • Good Value (1)
  • Causes Heartburn (1)
Have you used CLA? Submit your own Review!
November 1, 2012

musclebird

Reviews: 12

Age: 25

November 1, 2012
 Hello,
This product helped me to decrease my fat percentage (about 2.5%) in one month and sustained my muscles.
It is effective when trying to cut.
NO SIDE EFFECTS.
It is a bit pricey regarding it's function.
August 1, 2011

Reviews: 1

Age: 26

August 1, 2011
 okay this is the first review i write

This product is awesome . It worked immediatly i took a full bottle along side OEP and i dropped 10 pounds and 2 inches off my waist in 30 days most ppl say it takes 2 months for this product to work but i saw results in 30 days ..ofcourse i was busting my ass in the gym doing alot of cardio proper weigh and diet regiment. Took six pills a day 2 w every meal the pills are not hard to digest at all ...the value is great as well i got a months supply for $20 bucks cant beat that ..CLA definetly helps you get leaner and more defined i will buy this sgain when i go back on my cutting cycle
Pros:
Cons:
  • Builds Abs
    Reply #1:
    kroberts9
    kroberts9

Joined: 10/2010
    Reviews: 18
    Reputation: +758
    i bet ya $20 that you would of seen the same results without the cla. cla takes about 6-12 months to really kick in. try to take just oep next time

Reply #2:

Joined: 7/2011
    Reviews: 1
    Reputation: -1
    ive taken the oep just by itself and it worked but not as well as it did this time when i was taking the CLA and also not everybody reacts the same to every supplement

Reply #3:
    Virtus
    Virtus

Joined: 2/2011
    Reviews: 15
    Reputation: +1570
    Yes, everyone reacts differently to each supplement, but science still makes some reactions unlikely or impossible. Research studies have shown that cla takes a very long time to have even minimal effect. Actually recent studies show that it may even do nothing at all. There was a recent thread on this, you can find it.

Not saying you didn't have great results, just saying science says it was likely not due to the cla.

February 24, 2011

Reviews: 3

Age: 31

February 24, 2011
     Alright, this a tough one to review because I have been taking them for a week and half only. But I am discontinuing the use of this product. I have no idea if it works or not to help you lose fat, I haven't been taking it long enough for me to know this. This review is to warn other about a side-effect of these pills.

I was taking these along with Flaxseed Oil, whey and casein. After a while I started to get a lot of acid reflux and heartburns. Now, this is important: I have a history of stomach problems, such as gastritis and acid reflux. But it was under control for a long time. Then I started to feel it again.

I thought it was probably due to my eating habits, but I tried to find where I was eating wrong, and I wasn't. I was following a healthy diet, sometimes eating some ice cream, but I wasn't abusing it. So I went to the BodyBuilding.com review pages and started reading about the products I'm using.

Sure enough, an user there posted that he was getting heartburns while taking CLA, and when he stopped taking the pills, the heartburns stopped. So I started noticing. I took the pills and then 20 minutes later I'd get this awful acid reflux and then BOOM heartburn. Awful, awful feeling. I took it alone, without taking anything else, and it certainly is due to the CLA.

I was intrigued by this and opened one of the softgel capsules with a knife, to taste the contents. I was expecting something extremely acid inside, but to my surprise it tasted like oil, like the oil from a nut. It didn't taste acidic at all.

The other day I tested it again. I took 2 pills. 20 mins later, acid reflux, BOOM HEARTBURN! And if you have acid reflux, you know that when you're feeling the acid burn your esophagus, you usually burp a lot. Well, when I started burping, I suddenly recognized the faint smell of the oil I had tasted the night before, from the capsule.

So this is it, folks. I don't know if this works. I know it has a CLEAR, BAD side-effect for people with acid reflux. So if you're one of those people, you've been warned. It hits pretty hard on the stomach, I'm not kidding. And I'll tell you, training while feeling acid reflux is HORRIBLE. Your motivation drops to near zero, the pain is VERY uncomfortable.
    Pros:
    Cons:
      • Causes Heartburn
      Reply #1:
      Cray
      Cray

Joined: 6/2010
      Reviews: 55
      Reputation: +2374
      Do you know what CLA stands for? Conjugated Lineolic ACID. Obviously if you have a history of stomach issues, supplementing an acidic product is probably not going to go over really well.

Not to rip on you, but CLA needs to be taken over a lengthy period of time in order to become effective (certainly long than a week and a half).

CLA is perfectly safe and I don't think heartburn is a common side effect for most people. I like your review and the way you wrote it, but your individual response to this product is the exception, not the rule.

Reply #2:

Joined: 2/2011
      Reviews: 3
      Reputation: +6
      I actually had a friendly conversation with Cray over my review through PMs. I'd like to complement that I can take other acids, such as Vitamin C, orange and lemon juice. I even eat raw lemon and I will have no problems.

Also, I can eat tons of meat and drink lots of milk and I won't feel that kind of discomfort.

This review, in sum, is specifically aimed at those with gastric problems. If you don't have gastric problems, don't worry about this. But I feel for those with this kind of condition, because it hit me HARD on the stomach. If you still feel like trying it, NEVER take it on an empty stomach. Be sure to eat a lot first, to minimize the effects.

December 16, 2010

mkwan

Reviews: 5

Age: 23

December 16, 2010
       Optimum CLA, CLA is scientifically proven to trim those unwanted fats into muscles, before this I was at it with Hydroxycut Advanced to boost my motabolism and it kinda work, it was costly so decided to change to CLA;

Taste: N/A - No taste, but the softgel is almost half your thumb, so Im not sure what other opinions will be.

Effectiveness: 8/10 - CLA does work overtime, stack it with either Flaxseed Oil or Fish Oil so the Omega 6 doesnt get too much in your body as you gotta have even amount of Omegas 3 6 9 in your body. It worked for me after 2 bottle, I started noticing those so-called 'surfer's abs' appearing after 2 months of cardio, sit-ups and etc. With the correct diet and exercise regime, this does work overtime.

Side effects: N/A - No weird burp taste.

Value: 8/10 - Its worth the money if those other weight loss product is too expensive, I recommend you get 2 bottles of it or if theres the 180 softgel, get that one.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Builds Abs

Have you used CLA? Submit your own Review!