Hydroxycut

By MuscleTech

Suspicious reviews discovered and deleted: Deleted several reviews from MuscleTech's "Field Test Team"

Hydroxycut MuscleTech
6.8/10
(Weighted average based on 8 Reviews)

Ranks #67 of 81 (better than 18%)
in Weight Loss > Thermogenics
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related Prices

It gave me a few side effects

8 years ago when this stuff still had ephedrine it I would almost swear by it. It gave me a few side effects (jitters/minor headaches/mild dizziness after workouts/restlessness, sweats, etc) Back then the small side effects were outweighed by the rewards, 40 pounds lost in 6 months. I took the regular, recommended doses for months at a time per the directions. It may not have been the best of healthiest way to lose weight, but it worked and it worked good.

I tried Hydroxycut advance about a month ago. The experience could best be described as "DEATH IN A BOTTLE."

Even with half the dose, I was getting severe headaches, severe panache feelings, rapid-irregular heartbeat, chest pains, nervousness, severe dizziness. All of this less than a week into the program. At one point I contemplated going to the emergency room (probably should have) I can't comment on if Hydroxycut Advance worked because it was too dangerous for me to keep taking it.

Funny how back when it had ephedrine it worked fine for me except for minor side effects. Now after it was pulled off the shelves once again last year and put back on sale it made me feel like death. I tossed the rest of it in the trash and do not recommend anybody try it.

Pros:
Cons:
    • Rapid Heart Rate
    • Feelings Of Panache
    • Severe Dizziness
    • Irregualr Heart Rate
    • Jitters
    • Restlessness
    • Sleeplessness
    • Bad Headaches

ruabeyo
    (-110)

Posted November 28, 2010
    This right here scared me away from all fat burners...

Nice review!!

taysab23

Posted November 28, 2010
    my buddy took the original too and lost like 25 pounds in a couple months... now that they took ephdra out of all the fat burners.. it seems like very few of them work for anybody. Seems like the fda bans everything that works..

deeja

Posted November 28, 2010
    ephedrine can also hurt you pretty bad and has long term effects with misuse. Lots of things work but can hurt more than help.

Posted November 28, 2010
    deeja: too much milk and too much orange juice can hurt you as well if you abuse it. Most of the people who died or had a severe reaction were abusing the product. Some people react badly to aspirin and cold medicine too, but you don't see those being pulled off the market.

taysab23

Posted November 28, 2010
    took the words right out of my mouth cellblockg..
    its true.. the reason they pulled ephedra off the market is because a. there was a handful of kids who were taking 3 times the reccomened serving and for like 8 months consecutive, and then died of a 106degree fever.
    b. because they found a way to may ephedra into meth.

theres always ways to abuse something, but i dont think they should take a herb (no man made chemicals) off the market for a few idiots. plus bodybuilders have been using ephedra since the late 50s.

fireems

FDA warns dieters

FDA warns dieters: Stop Hydroxycut use immediately
    FDA warns dieters: Stop Hydroxycut use immediately

This product was awesome when it had effedra

This product was awesome when it had effedra. The efedra was the most potent thing on the market till some idiot goons had to burn it.

Effectiveness 9/10
    Got me super shredded and I felt great. I like efedra better than 1,3 dimethylalamine

Overall 9/10
    Great...

Effectiveness 9/10

Overall 9/10
    Great product, it is a shame they don't have efedra products anymore on the market

• Boost Metabolism
    • Increased Focus
    • Shreds Fat

coxie76

This products is probably the worst themorgenic out there

AWFUL! AWFUL! AWFUL PRODUCT!This is probably one of the worst products you could buy to loose weight off of! Trust em im not one of those ffat asses who just take the pill and not work out and just take it and think youre gonna loose weight. No I am a dedicated weight lifter who knows what to do and how to cut weight or put on a few. This products is probably the worst themorgenic out there! I'm not even gonna start to explain why. You just don't loose weight, all youre doing is giving your body a stim buzz and starving yourself with all the cafiene in it! Go with a better product like oxylite by USP Labs, or fatsmack by Purus Labs! Great products!

Cons:

I did not experience increased weight/fat-loss at all while on Hydroxycut

I recently completed a bottle of Hydroxycut Advanced, which I'm assuming is the answer to the recall back in 2009. I saw no physical effects from Hydroxycut and experience a little bit of a caffeine-like stim buzz after taking the pills each day. I did not experience increased weight/fat-loss at all while on Hydroxycut. As far as usefullness goes I would compare this to a caffeine pill, but not quite as strong. I guess the only good side to this is that I didn't feel like I was dying, like the other reviewers have posted about the older version of the product.

It did absolutely nothing

Not to beat a dead horse but there was a time when this stuff was not recalled and you caould buy it anywhere and even then it still did ansolutely nothing...wait a minute my wife just told me now as im writing this that i was wrong...that it actually did do something. It made her throw up. so my appologies to the good folks at Muscle tech/hydroxy cut. These things must be caffenated sugar pills???because that is about what you will get out of these pills...Thank the good Lord above for this recall.

Just didnt work for me

Just didnt work for me. it was a great appetite surpressent for the first few day but than my body got use to it. maybe it just wasnt the pill for me seeing as ive heard of others having luck with it.

Pros:
        Cons:
        • Controls Appetite
        • Didnt Work
        • Restlessness

This products works just like Lipo 6

DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT EVERYONE IS SAYING!

First off, I just want to say that this is an excellent product! I have taken Hydroxycut for over 5 years and I have gotten great results!

Results:

I have gotten super ripped and vascular after taking this for the...
        DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT EVERYONE IS SAYING!

Results:

I have gotten super ripped and vascular after taking this for the first 3 months. I was actually able to see my abs!!! When I was younger, keeping the fat off my stomach was a no brainer! Now that I'm getting older, no matter how much I work out and diet, that "stubborn belly fat" just won't go away!!! LOL!!! Whatever weight I am able to lose on my own, taking Hydroxycut has helped me to lose 2-3 pounds in addition to what I'm already losing. YOU CAN NOT LOSE ALL THE WEIGHT WITH HYDROXYCUT ALONE! EXERCISE!!!!!!

Taste:

There's really no taste to the pills. Even after they revamped the formula, there's really no after taste to it.

Side effects:

I have had no side effects while taking Hydroxycut for the past 5 years. And honestly, I believe people are just making up the side effects because when they didn't get the results they were looking for from a lack of diet and exercise they just think they'll just say whatever to put down a good product. YOU ARE ALL LOSERS!!!! GET OFF THE COUCH AND EXERCISE!!!!

HYDROXYCUT RECALL 2009:

I think this is total nonsense! People are blaming this product for causing liver damage when they are already doing other things that is really to blame. Like drinking alcohol, eating fatty foods like crazy and most likely NOT drinking enough water a day to clean your kidneys and liver. I was taking Hydroxycut during the recall and when I went to get checked out by my doctor, he found NOTHING wrong with me! Even my own doctor said himself they're just blaming the product and not even looking at what people are REALLY doing to themselves to cause these problems.

Other Supplements Taken:

I have stopped taking Hydroxycut last year to try something new. A friend told me about Animal Cuts. So I tried it for 9 months and you know what? THEY ARE ALL THE SAME!!! Except for Animal Cuts makes you take more pills in the 2 packs a day.... So I switched back to Hydroxycut because I was more comfortable with the 6 pills a day compared to how many from Animal Cuts. But Animal Cuts is a great product too and I saw I got the same results as I did with Hydroxycut.

All I take now with Hydroxycut is a standard multivitamin from rite aid or walgreens, standard fish oil from rite aid or walgreens.

Exercise:

I lift weights 5 days a week, for about 2 hours a day. I lift heavy to start off with finish with light weights and longer reps to go to failure. The other two days I either spend running, jogging, or walking. No matter what I stay active everyday.

Diet:

This is why so many people fail at taking this product. YOU CANNOT EAT LIKE A PIG AND EXPECT THIS PRODUCT TO WORK!!!

I have oatmeal and a banana for breakfast. Salad with slices of lean chicken, or a tuna fish sandwich for lunch. Lean chicken breast with 1 cup of steamed mixed vegetables for dinner. For snacks I eat 1/2 cup of nuts or 5 hard boiled eggs. As a side dish I eat 1 avocado everyday for mono fats. Also the avocado will help boost your Testosterone levels.

Also I cut out completely sugar drinks like soda or fruit juices. It was killing me not to drink soda at all!!! So I switched to Seltzer Water since it's fizzy like soda with no calories or carbs.

SECRET TIPS!!!

If you really want to give Hydroxycut a super boost and lose even more weight, WATCH YOUR CARBS!!! All I drink is water and seltzer water, I do not eat foods with white flour, white rice, cereals, white bread, and I NEVER use protein shakes!!!! IF YOU NEED PROTEIN, GET IT FROM YOUR FOODS, NOT A SHAKE!!! Get your proteins from eggs, chicken and tuna fish!

BOTTOM LINE:

This products works just like Lipo 6, Animal Cuts, and TwinLabs Ripped Fuel. ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS WATCH WHAT YOU EAT AND EXERCISE!!!

Pros:
        Cons:
        • Boost Metabolism
        • Increased Definition
        • Increased Vascularity
        • Shreds Fat
        • Increased Focus
        • Too Much Pills
        • Needs To Be Cheaper
        • 1 Bottle Only Last 12 Days

Posted April 23, 2012
        How can the value be a 10 if you have in the cons "Needs To Be Cheaper" and "1 Bottle Only Last 12 Days"?

iSamurai

Should I take nitro tech and cell tech too? Lol

Posted April 23, 2012
        ^I hear thats how Phil Heath won the Olympia, he was so shredded thanks to the Hydroxycut lol.

Posted April 23, 2012
        Funny how people are only here to trash other people's reviews... SMH...

Posted April 23, 2012
        No one is here to trash your review, BUT this product does not deserve 10's across the board. I wouldnt rate OEP or OxyECA 10's across the board and they are much better thermogenics than Hydroxycut.

Your good results are most likely from hard work in the gym, a clean diet, and an increase in cardiovascular activity; not from this product.

Posted April 24, 2012
        @kris65 i wasn't talking about you, i got a few private messages from other people on here saying my review was garbage. not you at all.

Posted April 24, 2012
        @kris65 the only reason why i gave it 10 across the board was all the other crappy products i've taken in the past was so horrible in terms of health/side effects wise, Hydroxycut, Animal Pak, Animal Cuts, Fish Oil, and Glutamine were the only products I've taken with no health issues or side effects at all. Yes you are correct about not giving it a perfect 10 if i had some cons, but i felt that this is a really good product if people were to use it right with proper exercise and diet. Thank you for sharing your opinions with me!

Posted April 24, 2012
        @kris65 oh yeah, i forgot to mention that the only reason I'm even on this product, like you said my results were mostly from hard work in the gym and clean diet, i've noticed the older you get, the harder it is to keep off the belly fat, so i thought this product would give me a boost to my appearance to help me keep it off, and it actually did. I'm not using this as a total fat loss solution but as a way to get rid of the little fat in the areas it's so hard to get rid of. i guess you can say I'm guilty for "cheating" in the gym by taking this product! LOL!!!

dmq777

Posted April 24, 2012
        My first impression after reading this is that you're a muscletech rep in disguise. My bad if you're not, but this is still a pretty biased review.

Posted April 24, 2012
        @dmq777 lmao!! i am not a representative for no one except the basement i exercise out of!!! i have taken other fat burners in the past and so far this one worked good for me. that was why i stuck to it for years.