ZMA

By GNC
ZMA GNC
7.5/10
(Weighted average based on 10 Reviews)

Ranks #21 of 38 (better than 46%)
in Growth Enhancers > Nighttime Sleep Formulas
Dashboard Reviews Discussion Related

zma is supposed to help recovery

value was good a month was only 20 bucks

zma is supposed to help recovery. though I didn't feel much, apparently getting you zinc intake after intense workouts helps. It is supposed to relax you and take you into extremely deep sleep which I get everynight so it was hard to gauge.
value was good a month was only 20 bucks

Overall 8/10
Didn't feel much but it is crucial and for the value it was good

• Didnt Feel Anything

Posted August 12, 2012
I actually wanted to try zma the other day but it was too expensive, maybe ill give it a go

bb716

Smell terrible

Smell terrible. Worst thing was comparing the ingredients to competitors ZMA formulas. This has half as much Vit B6 and 7.5x less magnesium. I feel absolutely taken. I guess I'll have to finish it out since I paid $29.99. Absolute ripoff.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Sleep

Posted February 12, 2010
Too much magnesium is known to cause diarrhea, not something fun when you're sleeping. The B6 will come from your multivitamin.

dammit

I took the whole bottle and was quite impressed with how well I slept

I typically stay away from GNC products but I happened to get a decent deal on a bottle of this when shopping there for something else. I took the whole bottle and was quite impressed with how well I slept. The biggest downside to these pills aren't the overly-inflated price but the aweful smell of them. They could have put a capsule or coating on these or something to prevent that smell of dirty feet and this product would be a lot better. As for now, I would recommend this if you happen to be a GC member and shop there often but if you see Optimum's ZMA, get that instead.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Good To Stack With Other Test Boosters.
  • Sleep

It's cheap and very effective

One of the most under-rated supplements around. It's cheap and very effective. Sleep like a baby and wake up feeling refreshed. Sure, "sleep" isn't sexy, but its way more important than most other things people worry about when trying to get bigger and leaner. Not sure I buy the test boost effect of ZMA, but who cares, the sleep is more than worth it.

Posted September 10, 2009
i love ZMA products, but i strongly dislike GNC's ZMA. 1. Product has waaaaay too much extra stuff to put you to sleep. It kinna makes me drowsy the whole next day sometimes. 2. It has Hops, if i did my reading correctly, doesnt hops increase the estrogen levels of the body?

i'd just stick to regular ZMA. ON's does the job for me

This is my first use of pure ZMA other than taking PowerFULL and I must say, it works. I saw a definite increase in the amount and quality of sleep I was getting. Last night was my first night off and I woke up and felt tired and sluggish. ZMA's are a definite must to help you with recovery. I gave the value a 10 because I got this ZMA during buy 1 get 1 50% off at GNC.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Sleep

The ZMA helps me get about 6-8 of good sleep

I have had trouble sleeping during the day as I work nights. I got this mostly for the sleep effect and it does seem to help. I had tried melatonin in the past and that didn't help. I did take this once with a remaining melatonin and it zonked me for about 10 hours and was groggy for the rest of the day. I don't want that. The ZMA helps me get about 6-8 of good sleep. I haven't noticed any other effects good or bad.
It smells pretty bad, but can't really taste it. I take it about a half hour after workout and that is right before going to bed. Might try the Optimum ZMA or Now ZMA when this runs out.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Sleep

Great price for what it is

Great price for what it is. I noticed another member posted that sleep isn't sexy, it really isn't but it is incredibly important for muscle growth. Proper recovery and nutrition translates to growth. All the preworkouts in the world are fun, but what it boils down to is protein and rest. It gave me great strength increase and a slight test Boost. If taking this while bulking, I recommend eating clean, I broke out a little when I gorged on pizza; I guess it was my punishment for misbehaving. Individual results may vary.

Pros:
    Cons:
    • Great Revovery
    • Dense Muscles
    • Great Price
    • Secret Gem
    • Sleep
    • Good To Stack With Other Test Boosters.
    • A Little Stinky
    • Broke Out A Little

Posted September 13, 2011
    I love this product, I thought the ZMA from NOW was a little better but there both great products

I didn't notice any difference when it came to sleep

I don't personally buy into the ZMA hype, nor do many people, but I did try it for roughly 4 months, so here is my review. It's simple to take. I didn't notice any difference when it came to sleep. Didn't help me fall asleep any easier than without it, nor did I get better or worse sleep. As for replenishing zinc levels from lifting and being active, I'd believe if you have a healthy diet and take daily vitamins, you're getting plenty of zinc. Like with all supplements, everyone will react differently. I personally would rather to pocket the $20 spent on this supplement.

I have been satisfied with this product

I have been satisfied with this product, and it does have a soothing sleep inducing effect, but it is expensive, as there are other reputable brands selling ZMA for a lower price.

Slept like a baby