This product has been reported as discontinued and replaced with C4 Gen4

C4 Extreme Reviews

By: Cellucor

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

C4 Extreme is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Cellucor. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

This product has been reported as discontinued and replaced with C4 Gen4
INGREDIENTS (9)
THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)

THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)

Organic acid found in many foods that can reduce workout fatigue, increase endurance and boost energy levels.

ARTICLES
COMPARE SIMILAR

madcashmoeny
  November 18, 2015

----Introduction----
Hello SR users. The product I will be reviewing today is C4 Extreme. I myself use this supplement on a regular basis in the gym. I workout 5-6 times a week and love using this product. I am 17 years old and have been working out for almost 2 years. I take personal fitness in school to better my understanding of fitness and nutrition. After several times using this product it gave me a big pump and tasted amazing. I found SR by simply searching up supplement reviews as I'm doing this for a school project. My overall goal I'd like to achieve in the gym is becoming stronger and leaner.
(Background info on yourself, diet, experience, goals, first thoughts on the product and how you discovered SR)

----Ingredient Profile----
C4 Extreme contains Beta Alanine which is an amino acid that supports muscular endurance and gives you that tingly feeling to let you know it's working. Creatine magnapower which is a combination of creatine which is made throughout the body and consumed through food, and magnesium which is one of the abundant minerals in the body essential to good health. The result of this combination is enhancing the generation and regeneration of ATP(Adenosine triphosphate), Delivers more energy and requires no loading! Contains caffeine which we all know i a proven source of energy. N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine which helps peak mental and physical performance. All these ingredients making this product give you that essential pump you need to enhance your gym performance.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I have the fruit punch flavour. Tastes like the fruit punch flavour of brisk. I take one scoop which I mix with 6-12oz of water and it is not diluted at all and tastes strong but not to strong. Mixes perfectly with just a few shakes and leaves no grains behind. When you build up a tolerance to a single scoop you should advanced to double dosing.

----Effectiveness----
When I started working out the only supplement I used was creatine by ALLMAX. Prior to buying Cellucors C4 I was using Fusion body buildings Fubar pre-workout. I found Fubar did nothing at all in the sense of enhancing my gym performance. As of now I take C4 with Fusions Purple K creatine, Mutant pro 100 protein, and Fusions aminomania. C4 performs well for me by doing what it's supposed to which is providing a great pump. You feel a rush in the gym while maintaining focus and not feeling wheezy at all. C4 performs well with my other supplements and fits perfectly in my stack. Purple K as a pre and post, C4 pre, Amino mania during and protein after.

----Value----
This product costs $49.99 but goes on sale quite often for 40% off. This product comes in eight flavours and all the flavours come with 60 servings or 30 servings with a $20 difference. 60 servings for $49.99 in my opinion is cheap for the amount of servings you get and for how well this product preforms.

----Side Effects----
The only side effects I find while using this product is sometimes I get a headache several minutes after taking which only seems to last for maybe 10 minutes. This only happens 50% of the time.

----Conclusion----
I hope you SR users find this review helpful and take everything said above into consideration and give Cellucors C4 Extreme a try!
  • Great Pumps
  • Crash Occasionally
  • Fruit punch: 8/10
C_P
  June 4, 2015

----Introduction----

Hey guys my name is Chris. I've been in and out of the gym since I was teen, as well as played sports all through school years. I'm currently trying to harden up and drop the BF. I usually workout 4+ days a week. I just rejoined a gym in my area about 6 months ago. I do a lot of super setting the push/pull muscle groups together and shoot for a HIIT type workout. Diet wise I'm just trying to eat clean. I do a lot of non GMO and organic foods. I take fish oil and ZMA on a daily basis. I discovered SR a few months ago when I was browsing for info on more/new supplements to try. I used to take NO Shotgun and was recently turned on to C4 Extreme by some friends.

----Ingredient Profile——

All the ingredients look okay but I don't like the proprietary blend. Would love to know exactly how much of those ingredients I'm taking. Creatine is not nearly enough. Most studies I've found have a minimum of 3g a day. Some I have seen 5g and even 10g. I can't even tell there's creatine in it compared to times I've taken creatine as a stand alone supplement.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing——

I can only speak for Icy Blue Razz and Orange Dreamsicle. Taste to me is great. I'm sure most people have heard the terms jolly rancher taste. Something I don't like is the colors and artificial sweetener but it's hard to find a work around to that. I had no trouble with clumping or anything of that nature.

----Effectiveness——
Focus and energy is great. I personally felt the prickly skin feeling due to the Beta-alanine and the intense focus and the sudden desire to go do something active.

----Value——
30 SERVING CONTAINER. Value I think is bad if you're paying full/regular price (as with most products). I find it locally on the shelf for things getting ready to expire on the sell by date any chance I get. I think I paid about $18 for it. I think most places are somewhere around $28-$30 for the same size.

----Side Effects----
Beta-alanine tingle/prickly feeling and sometimes hard to sleep if taken too late in day.

----Conclusion——

I'd definitely buy again. Personally I'm going to try something different just because I want to keep my body from getting used to one thing. Just a personal preference. One thing I still question is this I've found in regards to Beta-alanine….be wary if you don't see CarnoSyn® on the label! You may instead just be consuming regular L-alanine or something altogether different. Beta-alanine is also a standard ingredient in many pre-workout supplements, in addition to being available on its own. When purchasing a beta-alanine supplement, however, look for the brand name CarnoSyn® on the label. Natural Alternatives International, Inc. is the patent-holder on the manufacturing process by which beta-alanine is made, and its product is the only one protected by use patents and is the one that has been suggested to be effective in repeated research trials.

Source:http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/your-expert-guide-to-beta-alanine.html
  • Not For Stimulant Sensitive People
  • All Sweat And No Pump
  • If You're Not Looking For A Pump Then This May Be A Good Thing For You.
trey-carmine
  February 17, 2015

Oh Cellucor, I love your protein. Hell, even your alpha aminos aren't the worse BCAA product. But your preworkout game needs so much improvement. I've always heard great things about c4 and tried samples with little effect. Took the investment into a 30 serving tub and this is my findings...

Ingredient Profile 6/10

Well if Beta Alanine is your thing then this preworkout is full with 3.2g if you use 2 scoops. Which you will need, otherwise you won't feel a thing. Creatine Nitrate has 1 published research study behind it to show better water solubility with no studies in regards to exercise performance or strength have been conducted, so that as you wish. Arginine AKG at 2g will not do much for you being studies have shown 3g is needed, at minimum. I won't even touch the energy blend, does provide you a good 300g of caffeine if dosed at 2 scoops. I'm not bashing c4, I simply don't understand how companies continue to put supplements in a preworkout that are severely under dosed.

Taste/mixability 8/10

Can't knock c4 for being good in the taste/mixability department. I've tried many of them and enjoyed them all with the exception of sweet tea.

Dosing 6/10

Sigh, I knew when giving C4 a run this would be an issue. 30 servings for $30 wouldn't be bad if I didn't have to double dose the preworkout. Even then a serving comes in at just 13g. You only need to take this about 15 minutes preworkout before the Beta Alanine hit's you.

Effectiveness 7/10

Other then the rush of Beta Alanine and caffeine the effectiveness was very non existent. 0 pump factor from the Arginine at all.

Value 7/10

As mentioned under dosing at 30 servings for $30 wouldn't be bad if I didn't have to double dose to get any type of effect. At this price it's $2 per workout for it to last me for 15 workouts. Not economical for me at all.

Side Effects 10/10

No side effects to report

Conclusion

I don't like to post complete negative reviews but I found myself hard pressed to mention very positive about C4 other than the taste. Cellucor is a stand up company when it comes to their protein. Their preworkout game is very weak and needs improvement. To me it's nothing but a beta alanine rush with a caffeine kick. Will not buy or try again unless the formula is updated. Clearly their market is aimed toward uneducated first time supplement buyers.
 Cons:
  • Taste
  • Terrible Pump
  • Badly Dosed
  • Bad Profile
  • Bad Value
dieselfit
  January 7, 2015

----Introduction----

I started bodybuilding when I just turned 18. I was only 110lbs but didn't really look into supplements until I was 19 or so. I actually didn't even know anything about supplements or the hype behind them. I just wanted to get big, and I knew there were no magic pills for that. My first pre workout was no xplode (first verison or AVT maybe!). I've tried many since then and I have never been a coffee drinker (blah!) so I've always been sensitive to caffeine. The energy from no xplode was pretty explosive!

Other pre workouts I've tried
ENGN's pre
Nitraflex
Juggernaut
Pre-Jym

My favorite pre workouts are always the ones that are fully dosed, big scoopers like Pre Jym or Juggernaut.

----Ingredient Profile----

The creatine nitrates itself is a big seller so I think that's what really makes C4 what it is for the pumps. The addition of vitamin C helps with the tolerance and effectiveness of the nitrates. The energy blend is nice but it isn't anything spectecler. It defeintly helps with the mood and helps me tune into my workouts. I'm usually a pretty focused guy, but C4 helped me stay 110% focused. I would never zone out, and I would always think about what my next set would be and how I would do it. The details were all there in my head.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
1 scoop, I barely feel a pump. But 1.5 to 2 scoops is perfect for me. That's what I don't like about this. I have yet to hear someone say that they only take one scoop of C4. It's expensive at 1.5 to 2 scoops. Again this is why I prefer the fully dosed pre workouts, that don't have the "dosing tricks" that have you guessing how much you need.

Taste was amazing but that doesn't mean I would buy it again. Taste is least of my concern.

Mixes perfectly.

----Effectiveness----

As I said it works perfect at 1.5 scoops or more. I prefer taking my pre workouts on a empty stomach so I usually wait 2 to 3 hours after eating to take this. I find myself adding a little bit of higenmine for the extra kick and of course some extra vitamin C for the benefits. Oh and for some massive pumps, I sometimes add GMS and agmatine!

----Value----

It feels like I'm paying for the marketing and the cool packaging. I'd rather have a plain white bottle full of quality, effective ingredients that are properly dosed then to buy something shiny like this again. I've tried C4 many times in the past when there was good deals butt his time I only bought a small amount as I don't have any other pre workouts available and I live out in the middle east where supplements are scarce (lol)

----Side Effects----

Not that I think of. Nothing short term.

----Conclusion----

C4 gave me some crazy pumps that also enhanced vascularity. I took one and a half scoops today (and it’s not my first time taking it.) The focus was also great, as I felt more of a mind to muscle connection. It was much easier to focus and visualize.

A few don'ts for C4:
Don’t use for jogging
Not for jogging
Again not for jogging
Only use it for weight training
Don’t depend on it.
  • Good Mood
  • Price
  • Hyped
bigmc
  July 26, 2014

Ok where to start with this one. It is without a doubt one of the most known pre workouts on the market right now, but does that really make it the best? Lets start the overall breakdown of ingredients first.

Profile(taken from BB.com)-6.5/10
Beta Alanine 1,500mg "
Creatine Nitrate 1,000mg "
Arginine AKG 1,000mg "
Explosive Energy Blend 741mg "
Vitamin C (As Ascorbic Acid, N Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, Caffeine Anhydrous (135mg), Mucuna Pruriens, (Standardized For L-Dopa), Bitter Orange (Citrus Aurantium)(Fruit), (30% Synephrine), (Advantra Z®), Niacinamide, Folate (As Folic Acid ) , Pyridoxal 5-Phosphate, Vitamin B12 (As Methylcobalamin )

Ok Beta Alanine is very popular in pre workouts now a days as it should be, it does help simulate nerves as well as giving you those sweet tingles. 1.5g is an alright amount but usually you do want to go north of 2g here. Creatine nitrate is a newer form of creatine which is fine since it does not upset the stomach and will help with cellular energy. Arginine, oh arginine you would be so awesome if only the liver didn't breakdown about 70-80% of you before being absorbed. If you want a sick pump look for something like citruline since it bypasses the liver and leads to greater arginine production in the body. As for the famous blend, alright amount of caffeine(135g), niacinamide to help with blood vessel tone and mucuna pruriens to help with some focus.

Results-7/10
Here is the thing with c4, if you take the 2 scoop dose then you actually get a pretty good pre workout out of this, minus the pump. The focus is nice and the energy levels stay up most of the time.

Value-7/10
If you take my recommendation of doing the 2 scoops you are looking at about $2 a serving which is not too bad but could be better.

Overall-7/10
Pretty typical pre workout blend here with beta alanine, arginine, and caffeine but nothing super special. The 30 serving, or 15 serving if you are doubling up and you really should be if you want to get clinically dosed levels of most of the ingredients makes the $30 price point a tad on the high side. Overall I would say this is a very average pre working.
macmcblack
  June 23, 2014

So, I logged in this morning looking for info about some other supplements, and realized I haven't reviewed one that has been a cornerstone of my stack. Cellucor C4. I have been taking Cellucor C4 for the better part of 4 years.

I have tried a wide variety of pre-workout supplements ranging from other major brands to several store brands from pill to powder to ready to drink. I have only tried one preworkout that I liked as much as this, and then they (the other company) reformulated and it lost favor with me.

I like Cellucor C4 for several reasons. I'm not looking for crazy pump inducing going to make you jittery as hell level pre-workout. I want something that will give me an energy boost without a crash, enhance my focus, has creatine, doesn't taste bad, and help me tap into the more aggressive part of me without getting out of control. This does it.

I take it about 30mins prior to the workout. Every so often I feel the beta alanine tingles, but that is fairly rare at this point. I don't typically notice much until about that 30mins after taking it. At that point, I just feel more awake, more up. I start to get into a good zone where the main thing that I want to do is get my reps in, and ,ideally, set either a rep or weight a PR. I don't notice a crash though, rather it feels like the energy boost tapers off after about 90mins-2hrs. I have had some minor issues sleeping if I take this after 6PM, but that could be as much working out that close to bed time as well as the caffeine/stims. Bed Time = 9:30-10PM.

I notice a bit of a pump after my workouts. Most consistently on bench day if I do more work in the 10-12 rep zone. The strange one for me is to get that feeling on dead lift day. I rarely ever do more than 7 reps per set, so to see that my back (from the middle thru my traps) are a bit more inflated than normal-it is trippy.

Ok, I know, it is a supplement, if it works-you should take it no matter how bad it tastes. With C4, and Cellucor in general, the products taste good. There are phases where C4 is the sweetest tasting thing I will consume that month. They make a wide range of flavors, and I saw that they started doing a Make Your Own Variety pack of flavors...so that seems pretty awesome. I've had: Pineapple, Blue Raspberry, Mojito, Green Apple, Watermelon, and Fruit Punch. Pineapple and Blue Raspberry are my favorite-I typically alternate between tubs of those. Mojito was the weird one. I realize, a mojito has mint in it...but it tasted like I was drinking tooth paste. So, this would be great if you have a date shortly after your workout-minty fresh breath.

The only somewhat negative side effect is that I need to pee more frequently. It is typically once when I get to the gym, once about 20mins later, and then once right before I leave the gym (about 90mins after taking it). This is partly the caffeine, but also since I drink at least 60-80oz of water during my workouts.

Price Wise-if you pay full price, it gets a bit steep...but it seems like this is ALWAYS on sale at Bodybuilding.com, GNC, and Vitamin Shoppe. I typically stock up when BB.com does buy one get one half off, or buy 2 get 1 free-in the 60 serving size. I spend less per serving on this, than when I buy a Monster.

As I'm reading through the pros/cons list by others, I don't agree with all of them. I feel like I get a much more moderate/mild experience. I didn't experience any of the cons listed.
  • Tunnel Vision
    cvelarde20
      May 5, 2014

First of all, I discovered Supplement Reviews when I first started researching supplements before I bought them, which was about 4 years ago. There were quite a few things that prompted me to review this supplement. First, I wanted to write my first review on a hyped-up supplement like C4. Secondly, I needed to post an online review on a website of my choice for a technology assessment in one of the college courses I am currently taking, so I would appreciate any comments on this review so that I can effectively complete the assignment. I have used other pre-workouts such as Jack3d, Pump-HD, and Nitrocut. Of those three, I'd have to say that my favorite was Jack3d, although I'm still convinced that there is a better pre-workout out there. I took C4 for the whole 30 serving container, which took me a little over a month. I didn't really count my macros while taking this, but I made sure to keep my diet clean and lean (a lot of chicken, tuna, brown rice, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, etc.). I didn't gain/lose any significant weight while on this supplement. Now for my review:
    One thing I immediately noticed that turned me off to C4 was that it contained a proprietary blend for its "Explosive Energy Blend". I am not a fan of these and I tend to overlook the supplements that have them; lucky for Cellucor, I was willing to look past this because they did give the content of the three high-profile ingredients.Those three ingredients were Beta Alanine, Creatine Nitrate, and Arginine with 1500mg, 1000mg, and 1000mg, respectively. Those are three solid ingredients with standard doses, so C4 didn't really stand out to me in that respect. As for the Explosive Energy Blend, the ingredients are Vitamin C, N Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, Caffeine, Mucuna Pruriens, Bitter Orange, Niacinamide, Folate, Vitamin B12, and Pyridoxal 5-Phosphate. Again, these are sound ingredients, but without knowing how much of each is in a serving, there is no way to gauge how effective this makes the product overall. The only ingredient on that list with a content value was caffeine with 135mg in each serving. That's a caffeine content that is equivalent to one cup of coffee. 135mg of caffeine by no means provides "explosive" energy. To sum up the ingredient profile of C4, it does boast effective and proven ingredients; however, the true effectiveness of those ingredients can be put into question due to the lackluster dosages. So how did these ingredients impact my work out?
    The first time I used C4 to weight lift, I used the single serving option. I won't go too much into detail about how that workout went because I didn't really feel any of the effects claimed by the product. My energy and focus were about average, the pump that the supplement claims to enhance left something for me to desire, and my endurance wasn't as elevated as advertised. Instead, I'll reference the workout where I used two servings of C4, which is also an option recommended on the container. This workout came closer to what I expected from this product. My energy and focus were noticeably enhanced. In fact, during the first half hour of working out I noticed a tingling sensation in my ears and around my eyebrows. As far as pump goes, I experienced a slightly better pump than when I used the single serving, although it still lacked the "wow" factor that would set it apart from the other pre-workouts that I have taken. If I had to rate my overall experience working out with C4, I would give the single-serving workout a 6/10 and the double-serving workout an 8/10.
    A thirty serving container of C4 costs $29.99. This works out to be about $1.00 per serving, which isn't too outrageous. My only problem with that is the fact that I had to take two servings in order to have a satisfying experience with the product. That raises the price to $2.00 per serving and lowers the servings per container to fifteen. Take into account that after about a week of using this product, the effects start to dwindle off as you begin build up a tolerance. Now, you must either cycle off of it, or continue to use a product that is no longer effectively working for you. Cycling off of it is inconvenient and so is using something that isn't working as well as it used to. Not to mention the fact you have to take two servings each time you use the product to get the most out of it, now the value begins to come into question. I'm not going to lie, those first few days of working out with this product using two servings were phenomenal. I had great energy, great focus, some pump, and increased endurance. I might have even considered looking past the fact that the price doubled while the servings halved if it weren't for the steep drop-off in effectiveness after about 7 days. For me, that dropped the value significantly and placed this product in the lower echelon of pre-workouts.
    When it comes down to it, I can't say that I would recommend this product to anybody looking for a serious pre-workout. You don't get much out of one serving and it isn't really worth the cost or trouble to have to take two servings and cycle on and off of it. I do praise the ingredient profile of this product, although it is too expensive to get the effects out of it that the product claims.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Crash
    • All Sweat And No Pump
    • Terrible Pump
    • Bitter Aftertaste
    • Price
    • No Increase In Focus
    workoutguru
      March 27, 2014

I know this has been out for awhile but never got around to trying it until now. There were so many other pre-workout that start coming out around the same time I just never got around to trying it until now. When this first came out I was hearing this was suppose to be just as good if not better than Jack3d. I would not agree with that but it was still a decent product. Thanks to the great deal I got at Costco is why I finally decided to give this a try. I will explain more about that in the Value part.

Ingredients:
    Beta Alanine 1500mg
    Creatine Nitrate 1000mg
    Arginine AKG 1000mg
    Explosive Energy Blend 741mg
    Vitamin C (as Ascorbic Acid), N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, Caffeine Anhydrous (135mg), Mucuna pruriens (Standardized for L-Dopa), Bitter Orange (Citrus aurantium)(fruit)(30% Synephrine)(Advantra Z®), Niacinamide, Folate (as Folic Acid), Pyridoxal 5-Phosphate, Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin)

OTHER INGREDIENTS: Natural and Artificial flavors, Citric Acid, Calcium Silicate, Malic Acid, Silicon Dioxide, Sucralose, FD&C Red Lake #40, Acesulfame Potassium.

I think for what all they put in here is pretty decent. I know with more studies on different ingredients they may change this a bit in the future and could maybe add some more ingredients to this to make it a little better. I think most of the ingredients in here were dosed pretty good. If you can do one scoop and that works for you great but I think it's more effective at 2 scoops.

Value:
    I was pretty much out of pre-workouts and needed something right away and knew that Costco had this and it just happened to be on sale which was even better. Normally they sell this at Costco for $38.99 for two 30 serving containers of fruit punch only which is not to bad a deal. The cheapest I have been able to find a straight 60 serving container online is $46. Back in Feb they had this on sale for $30.99 which is a really good deal for two 30 serving containers so I got it. Most 30 servings containers online sell for $30 by themselves. For that price it was hard to pass on since I had never tried it before. I wish that $30.99 sale price was their normal price all the time.

Taste/Mixing/Dosing:
    The flavor I had was Fruit Punch. Right now this is the only flavor you can get at Costco. I heard they might be adding more flavors and I really hope so. Fruit Punch would have been my last choice if they would have had other flavor to choose from. Fruit punch was not bad. I am just really tired of fruit punch all the time and want other flavors to try instead. One thing I did not like about this is the heavy dyes they use in this and when mixed up it was real heavy to drink and sometimes hard to slam if I added to much water to it. I really wish they would take out the dyes in this because I think they are putting to much in here. It had a decent fruit punch taste to it. It kind of reminded me of shaved ice with fruit punch flavoring added to it.

This always seem to mix very well and had no issue with it mixing up at all.

I always went with one heaping scoop and that seemed to work good for me. If you can get by with only needing one scoop that is great but I think it would work better with 2 full scoops. I really dislike it when you have to do more than one scoop to get the full dosage of ingredients or be able to feel it more because it then really lowers the value of it and you go through it a lot faster.

For me this was a pretty decent product nothing real outstanding but nothing horrible. It gave me some decent energy but was nothing real crazy like. No cracked out or jittery feeling off this which I did like. If your a real stim junky this may not be a product for you. The mental focus I got off this was good and kept me going. From start to finish the effectiveness from this lasted which made it a better product for that reason I think. I heard a lot of people got beta tingles from this and for me it was very little which is normal because I don't normally feel them. I did notice them once in awhile but it only lasted a very short time and then they were gone right away. I find that if I workout a lot harder than normal I can start to feel the beta tingles more but nothing real crazy like. I never really felt a lot of pumps off this which would have been nice if I would have felt them more. Half way through the container I started to stack this with IFORCE Hemavol (which I won a free container of) which really helped give me more pumps and energy. I don't think this got me a lot stronger or helped me put on more muscle but it was very consisted at what it did for me in all the other area it helped in and I liked that.

Side Effects:
    I always like to bring up any side effects I may have had with a product and with this there were no side effects I really noticed.

Overall:
    Overall I thought it was a decent product for what it did. For the time of when this was released it was one of the better products out there I thought. Now with all the newer pre-workouts that are being released I think there are a lot better choices out there. I would still recommend this if you have never tried it. Like I said the deal they had on this at Costco was really hard to pass on and I am sure most of you would agree with me on this. Would I ever get this again I don't think so just because of all the newer pre-workout that are out there that I want to try instead. The only way I would maybe try this again is if Costco got some of the other flavors and had this on sale again.
    • Tunnel Vision
    • Missed The Beta Alanine Tingle From No Extreme :(
    pxpxp
      December 8, 2013

I have used Cellucor's C4 for approximately 6 months now, and I love it. This product is amazing, and it will give you the pump and the endurance you need to get the job done. This review is not being sponsored; I have purchased every tub with my own money.
    In the past I was using 1MR, and felt that the 1MR product was amazing and would give me long sustained energy. However, after using C4, I have changed my mind. Unlike a lot of PWO's out there, C4 gives you pump, but leaves out the gitters that some PWO's are known for. I will go more into depth on my experience with this product:

Taste and mix ability: 10/10
    Yes, it tastes great! However, I have only tried the strawberry margarita flavor. It tastes like an Otter Pop (for those of you who remember those messy frozen treats). Furthermore, the mix ability is awesome. I honestly can put the C4 into a cup of water, stir it around a couple times, and presto, it turns out to be a clean drink before my workouts. It's a great PWO to mix any of your powder supplements into, because of its strong sweet taste.
    Energy: 10/10
    I am not one to give 10's to my reviews, but this supplement deserves a 10 or more. As you can expect from any PWO, it takes about 30 min to get going in your system. But when it gets going, you will feel it. I like this supplement because it does not give me the gitters. Also, it does not make me run to the bathroom with my ass clenching and praying for enough time before my stomach explodes. This supplement obviously will make your bowels loos, but not to the point where you are afraid to do squats. This product is great for people who have low tolerance for stims. I get the gitters very easily, but with C4, I have not had that problem.
    I also like that this product has N.O supplements in it. I truly see my veins popping after I drink this stuff. It truly helps get more oxygen through the blood stream, and you can workout longer and harder.

Side effects: 9/10:
    I do not have any side effects with this product, but I will be speaking on behalf of my wife. She also loves this product, but she cannot stand the beta alanine effects, which has the tendency to make your skin itch. Besides this weird feeling that my wife gets from it, she loves the stuff and also recommends it to her friends.
    You will not experience a crash after your workout, unlike a lot of PWO's that contain a lot of sugar.

Price: 10/10:
    I am going to give the price of C4 a 10, why? Well currently at Costco you can get two tubs of this stuff for $38. That is $19 each, and you will not find that price anywhere, or for a different product for that matter.
    To conclude my review, I will say that I will be sticking with this product for a long time. However, I am always willing to try different products, but for now I can trust C4 and expect a great pump at the gym. When I use C4 I truly can lift just a little heavier and I can work out just a little harder. This product is not a miracle product, but it's as close as you can get. Thanks for reading my review of C4.
    • Increased Vascularity
    • Great Pumps
      Jordan48
      Rep: 0
        October 3, 2013

I have taken tons a different preworkouts, and this one falls near the top, but there are some things that are holding it back.
      First i will talk about what i like.
      1)it has good energy. The energy is good when you take 2 scoops. Most people take pre workouts for the energy, and with 2 scoops giving you 270mg of caffine this has plenty of energy.
      2) Little to no fillers. The ingredients are simple and explained well. The product only contains things you need with nothing you don't.
      3)you really cant beat the taste. all of the flavors are good, but the orange and pink lemonade are by far my favorite.

Alright now lets talk about what i don't like.
      1)you have to take 2 or even 3 scoops to get the full servings of creatine, arginine, beta-alanine and everything else. This is not that big of deal because they sell it in 60 servings containers so it lasts me about a month.
      2)they just use a creatine monohydrate and i tend to retain more water then i would want.
      2) i easily build tolerance to the product. I gave this product a 7, but if this was a review for the first week of every time i start a new bottle of c4 it would be a 9 or a 10. But every time after about a week i have built up a tolerance.

So in review i think this a great pre workout if you are an average person looking for something to help give you energy through your workout. but if you are a serious lifter or looking for serious results there are other product in the market that offer more ingredients per scoop and better bang for your buck
      • Have To Take 2 Scoops
      • Creatine Mono-hydrate
      • Build Tolerance Easily

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.