C4 Extreme

By: Cellucor

C4 Extreme is a Pre-Workout manufactured by Cellucor. It is designed to help provide a pre-training advantage by increasing mental focus, muscle performance, endurance and blood flow. This creates an environment optimal for increasing muscle mass and losing body fat.

Does C4 Extreme work?

I was pretty impressed when I tried this pre-workout product.
It is a brand new pre-workout product developed by Cellucor which is known for its outlandishly overpriced supplements but this certain one strays from the pack and is actually affordable!
I was pretty impressed when I tried this pre-workout product.
You can purchase it for as low as $22.99 shipped. The canister also lasted me a little over a month so I gave the product a 9 for value since it packs alot of punch in an adequate serving size for an affordable price which beats out alot or most of its competition.

I gave it a 9 as well just because a 10 would mean its inconceivable for it to be any better.
C4 Extreme was extremely effective and it had me itching to lift weights within 20-30 minutes of taking it. I would especially notice the beta-alanine tingling in my car ride to the gym.
Each scoop contains 100mg caffeine, as well as 1,3 dimethyl, and rauwolscine which is a fancy way to name alpha-yohimbine.
By combining those 3 stimulants, it made the perfect environment for me to power through any workout with zero lethargy and most importantly, no crash after my workout at all.
My endurance increased while taking C4 and I give credit to the odd form of creatine called Creatine Nitrate which has zero clinical studies to show its effectiveness but my anecdotal personal study at least says it works quite well. The arginine in C4 Extreme is alpha ketoglutarate which has clinical studies to show its effectiveness.
C4 also has mucuna pruriens which contain L-dopa and it contributes to nitrogen retention when used in a PWO formula.

Taste/Mixability:
The taste was surprisingly good. It had no bitter end taste like Jack3d does and mixes very easily. The only available flavor currently is fruit punch but thats what im used to anyways when it comes to PWO's.

Side effects:
rapid heart beat. I would have an adrenaline rush the entire time at the gym but this also made performing cardio very difficult and made me feel quite uneasy which is always the case when I take yohimbine.
I would advise future users to just use this as a pre-workout only since it makes cardio ineffective because of the raise in heartrate that does not correspond to your bodies need for oxygen.

This about sums up the review but I just would like to add that the actual packaging of C4 Extreme is very cool, with the chrome exterior and the fake carbon fiber wrap. Its very high speed.
  • Yohimbine Speeds Up Heartbeat
  • Not For Stimulant Sensitive People
Meuth

I normally just stick with SP250 and Jack3d as my PWOs. I'm in a more focused environment for most of the year and wanted to try some new things. C4 has recently been very popular so I gave it a shot.

Energy 8/10

Energy 8/10

So here is the main reason most of us take a PWO. We want that energy boost to make us gym apes! Most of the comments on the forum say they get a lot of energy from this. I started with just one scoop because of that. NOTE: I had taken 30 days off Jack3d before starting this to be fair in the evaluation. The first couple of days, I couldn't really feel anything. I bumped up to 1.5 scoops and started to feel the tingles. At this point I found that my energy level was also increasing. I was able to use that dosage for a couple of weeks and then had to go up to 2 scoops. By the end of the container I was up to 2.5 scoops. I couldn't really feel the tingles anymore by the end but it did seem the energy was still there.

One problem that I had mainly because of the shift I was on, was taking this on an empty stomach. I never had that problem with the other two but with this one, if I wasn't on an empty stomach, I got NOTHING out of it. Once I went back to day shift this wasn't such a problem however.

Pump 0/10

I got no pump at all from this product. I used it for about a week to see if it ever kicked in a pump. Nothing. I added Nitrox II to my pre-game and BAM! Great pump to go with the energy!

Focus 5/10

I can honestly say the only product that has ever given me "tunnel vision focus" was Yok3d. I don't get easily distracted in the gym so focus is not a problem. I didn't notice anything different in this area.

Taste 9/10

I was very impressed with the taste of this. I had the fruit punch. It was not quite like Kool-Aid fruit punch but it was pretty close for me. I had it a few times as a stand alone but most of the time I mixed it with the blue ConCret. That was a phenomenal taste!

Value 6/10

$40 for 60 servings which came out to be about a month's worth of workouts for me. That isn't too bad but I do get a better value with SP250 and Jack3d. In fact, I don't have to add the N2 with the SP250 so it's even a better value for me. I get the SP250 for about $25 for the 40 servings. I start out with one scoop and go to 2 about halfway through. (this is not the SPMax which I have yet to try).

If I put the math to it, each one last me about a month or 25 workouts for C4 20 workouts for SP250. About $1.60 + cost of N2 for C4 and $1.25 for SP250.

Mixability 8/10
I thought that it mixed pretty well too. I even had the CC in there and didn't really have any grainy taste to speak of. There was a couple times I didn't shake it as much because I was talking on the phone and driving at the same time. Those times there was a little left in the bottom of the shaker.

Overall 7/10

I think this is a good product but it seems a bit overpriced for the way my body reacts to it. I'll use it again because it was effective and I really liked the taste. Mixing it with CC and adding the N2 caps was a great stack for me! I did not have any bad side effects from this product. I slept well and did not crash after using.

If I catch this on sale, I'll be buying more for sure.
  • Terrible Pump
  • 0 Effects If Food In Stomach
Cray

I've always been unimpressed by Cellucor as a supplement company. In my eyes their products are far too overpriced and overhyped, and I simply have a hard time swallowing the whole "you're paying for results" argument. That being said, I was impressed when GlausenLMT offered to send me a tub of C4 to try before its mainstream release. I put the tub aside for a while as I was beta-testing another product and then was cycling off stimulants, however I just finished my 30 serving tub this afternoon and, as promised to Glausen, wanted to write a review about my experience.

TASTE: 9.5/10
Straight up, C4 is the best tasting PWO that I've tried (I've also had Jack3d, SP250, White Flood, 1MR, Dark Rage, etc.). The fruit punch flavor tastes almost exactly like red Kool-Aid. It's not overly sweet or sour, nor does it have the medicinal after taste that plagues some of the other pre-workouts on the market. I've yet try the orange, but I was exactly pretty excited when I saw that it was the next flavor option as I generally really like orange flavored supplements.

MIXABILITY: 9.5/10
Again, C4 impresses in this department. The powder mixes smoothly with no clumping and very little gritty residue. Generally I mixed C4 in 16 oz. of water and it usually only took 15 seconds of shaking for the product to fully dissolve.

EFFECTIVENESS:
I need to split this category up a bit in order to full illustrate my experience with C4.

ENERGY & FOCUS: 8.5/10
C4 provides a very strong and effective energy boost that I would rank 2nd out of the products I've tried (behind 1MR). Generally I dosed 1 to 1 ½ scoops about 30 minutes pre-workout. Even on days when I was feeling a bit sluggish, C4 was able to wake me up and get me excited for the gym. I am generally very stim-tolerant, so it was a nice surprise that I didn't need to go completely overboard with the product in order to achieve the desired effects. This was one of the big problems I had with Jack3d – even 3 scoops sometimes wasn't enough to provide the energy kick that I needed.

For the most part C4 provided me with clean energy and a moderate increase in focus. I will say that on some occasions I felt a bit jittery throughout my workouts, but I never had any issues with crashing or headaches or anything along those lines.

PUMP: 3/10
Unfortunately C4 really doesn't do much in providing a muscle-pump. I usually would fix this issue by stacking C4 with Nitrox II - which is a stellar combo by the way. Although C4 does advertise itself as providing the necessary N.O. for a workout pump, Glausen admitted to me that primarily C4 was an energy product and wasn't really designed with "pump" in mind.

VALUE: 8/10
A 30-serving tub is going to cost between $20-25 depending on what size you buy and where you purchase the product. This equates to a cost of roughly .66c per scoop. In contrast, Jack3d and White Flood both come in around an affordable .50c per scoop, while SP250 costs a bit more at .84c per scoop. Granted the value of each of these products is going to depend on exactly how much of the product is needed for maximum efficiency.

For me, needing a scoop and a half is about on par in terms of per-serving cost with both Jack3d and White Flood. I certainly don't feel that C4 puts either of these products to shame in terms of value, but I am impressed that Cellucor has finally realized that in order to be competitive in this market, their products need to be more affordable. C4 is certainly a step in the right direction in this regard.

OVERALL: 8/10
I very much enjoyed my tub of C4 and will certainly consider purchasing it again in the future. Although I am personally not a huge fan of products that primarily provide energy and focus, C4 certainly hits the mark in both of the areas. Depending on what you want in your pre-workout, C4 may be an excellent option. I personally feel that Jack3d and White Flood are bit more well-rounded in terms of providing focus, energy, and pump, however if all you want is an intense energy boost, then C4 may be a great fit for you.

Overall I am going to rank C4 just about even with Jack3d, with both of them being a close second to 1MR, which remains my favorite pre-workout product.
  • Not For Stimulant Sensitive People
  • Terrible Pump

Hey guys, this review is long overdue. I would like to thank the ER, MikeCellucor, and another Cellucor rep(forget her name) for hooking me up with plenty of tubs/samples of C4.

Ingredient Profile:

Pros- I like the amount of caffeine in here. 135mg per scoop, 270mg for 2, not too much, and not too little. Beta-Alanine is at 3 grams, which is good. Bitter Orange and Mucuna P are nice as well.It has some solid/proven ingredients.

Cons- AAKG...

Ingredient Profile:

Cons- AAKG and an underdosed amount of creatine nitrate. I would put the creatine nitrate as a pro, but since it's underdosed(imo) I can't give Cellucor much credit for that. There is a blend here as well, which isn't horrible, and they do give you the amount of caffeine in there, but I know a lot of us here don't like blends, so it's a con. If the AAKG were switched to Citrulline Malate, this product would be a lot better.

Taste/Mix:(9.5/10...with a twist)

The mix is perfect, so that's out of the way.

C4 is known to taste great, which it does. I've tried mixing flavors(at the suggestion of MikeCellucor), which makes the product a lot more fun. C4 provides enough flavors to keep workoutguru occupied for years. I've tried each one, and not one scores lower than a 9 in taste for me. My favorite is a close one between the Icy Blue Razz or the Green Apple. The biggest problem is that the flavors get boring after a few uses. Watermelon is a perfect example. The jolly rancher watermelon flavor is awesome on the first few tries, after that you just have no desire for it anymore(I gave both of my watermelon tubs away because they got so boring). Pineapple was the worst, first few sips were great, last few sips were just "ugh". Anyways here are some fun mixtures MikeC gave me that you can try out.

Pink Lemonade/Blue Razz=Purple Haze

FP+Orange=Napalm

Pineapple+FP=Tropical Punch

Blue Razz+Watermelon=BlueMelon

The list goes on, and it does get interesting, but now for the big con on this. Chichi pointed this out very well, the dyes can ruin your experience with this. As good as this tastes, I find myself getting sickened by the dyes every now and then. I guess it just lingers in my stomach. It doesn't happen every time, but it does happen often enough for me to notice it.

Effectiveness:(8.2/10)

The energy here is solid. Nothing that cracks me out, but rather a very clean energy that lasts. The best part about this product is the consistency. This and Prodigy are the 2 most consistent pwos I have ever used, which is something I really look for in a pwo. This makes C4 very trustworthy. Condense/OG Jack3d/1MR are hit or miss for me, but C4 always delivers the same energy/endurance. The energy/performance are never out of this world, but still noticeable.

The biggest problem here is the lack of pumps. I never notice an increase in pumps, only when I add something like Yok3d, NO3, or any other NO based product. At the price of C4, one would expect more, especially when the label promotes increased pumps. This could easily be solved by Cellucor changing the AAKG to Citrulline/Agmatine, or simply adding more Creatine Nitrate.

Overall, it's not the most impressive pwo out there, but still very reliable.

Value:(7/10)

C4 usually has a hefty price tag. The lowest I found this was a 30 serving container for $25. The 30 servings actually means 15 though because let's be honest here, who uses just one scoop of C4? That's over $1 a servings, which isn't terrible, but there are plenty of other pwos out there with better prices and better ingredient profiles. Still worth buying if it's on sale though.

Overall:(8.0/10)

C4 will always be on my shelf(I have too much of it to ever go through it all), and it's there when I'm looking for smooth/clean energy. The variety of flavors are great, and it's still in my top 10 favorite pwos, but it takes a dive due to the high price and dyes. It's def. worth picking up if you can find it on sale, but there are plenty of better options out there IMO.
  • No Pumps

Cellucor's C4 Extreme Pre-Workout. Thanks to Cellucor for participating in the ER Program and allowing a few of us to try their new flavors of C4.

C4 is the middle bear of my pre-workout of choice. Not too stimulant heavy and not too light, but just right. Clean and clear every time, with lasting energy that doesn't let you down half way through, or burn you out at the end.

Profile:9

Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid),
N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine,
Caffeine Anhydrous (135mg),
Mucuna pruriens

Very solid effective profile. All the key ingredients that I look for and a few bonuses.

Taste/Mix ability 10

Cellucor has the taste aspect of the market on lock down. Now in a Pre-Work out, taste is the last thing that I could care about. But when it is tolerable it is a plus, when it is enjoyable, well that's even better. C4 delivers an enjoyable taste an texture as a preface to the results you are about to receive. Strawberry Margarita and Green Apple are the newest additions to the family.
Green Apple was phenomenal. Tart and smooth and very enjoyable, my new favorite. Strawberry Margarita was good, but very sweet. Sometimes I even mixed the two, a scoop of each and it was very nice. More importantly there is little to no grit or sediment.

Effectiveness: 9

Delivers on time, every time. I have never been disappointed in a use. Now I use two scoops before every lifting session, that allows enough of the stimulant profile to have a solid effect on me. But I am also comfortable enough with this product to use a single scoop before hockey practice, game, or regular cardio session. Not a recommendation for all, but my personal use of the supplement. Along with focus and energy, C4 provides a decent pump as well. I do not respond overwhelmingly well to most pump products, especially additives to Pre-workouts, but C4 does the trick for me.

Value:7

So much of value depends on your personal usage of the supplement. For anyone able to use a single scoop serving at all times, I would rate this value at a 10. But for myself it lands at a 7. Needing, or wanting, 2 scoops for each session reduces the normal size container to 15 servings. $25-$30 is the average rate for the 30 serving container. Now Cellucor was innovative enough to make a larger container at 60 servings for roughly $45. I prefer not to pay more than a dollar per serving for any pre-workout. If you can land this for a price equivalent to your usage, than this is the ideal pre-workout. You get what you pay for with Cellucor, high quality and effectiveness.

Overall: 8

I would recommend C4 to anyone who hasn't tried the product as of yet. It may not blow you out of your mind the very first time that you use it. But I find the consistency and lasting results to be superior to most. Great flavor profiles and flavor options for the pickiest of users, and effective ingredients to cover the base of most users. C4 is a solid option in the vast market of Pre-Workout supplements.

• Value Dependent On Usage
kevO

Big thanks to the guys over at Cellucor, they are extremely generous when it comes to getting out products to ER members and for that I am very gracious.
I have gone through several tubs of the newer version of C4 and must say that I like it very much for its consistency and solid results.

I actually received a tub of each of the new flavors to test, Green Apple and Strawberry Margarita. Typically I am not a stickler for flavoring but Im returning the favor to Cellucor for always hooking it up big time by giving my honest review of C4 and the new flavors.

Profile: 8.5/10

Serving Size: 5.2 grams
Servings per Container: 60
Niacin (as Niacinamide) 30mg 150
Explosive Energy Blend 741mg
-Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid), N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, Caffeine Anhydrous (135mg), Mucuna pruriens

Solid profile. Has everything I personally look for in a PWO and some other nice additions. I typically only went with 1-2scoops which doesnt yield the full amount of ingredients, but it worked very well nonetheless. Could they have put a bit more of each ingredient in there? Sure. However, I personally thought the combo worked very well for my needs.

Again, solid in the effectiveness department.
Its not a slap you in the face kind of energy, but it is consistent, smooth and lasting, right up my alley.
I typically dont feel beta tingles, but at 2 scoops I definitely get some, which to me points to the quality of the ingredients they use. Pumps were always decent and for me the focus was always there.
Did I get way stronger or put on muscle from C4, probably not, but C4 performed admirably regardless of that, especially for such an affordable pwo with a quality, well thought out formula.
From the beginning to the end of the tub the consistent results were there, which is a big factor in determining whether a pwo is worthwhile or not. Its not super strong or mind blowing but it performs each and everytime. All in all, thumbs up from me

Taste/Mixabilty:

Green Apple: 9/10
I like Green Apple in general, so I may be a bit biased.
However, Cellucor nailed it on this one. It tastes exactly like green apple jolly rancher, win.
Only issue I had was that it is insanely strong for me when I didnt put enough water with it. Not a big deal at all because you can always add more water. Overall, well done.

Strawberry Margarita: 7/10
Ok I get the desire to put out multiple unique flavors, but an alcoholic beverage flavor? Come on now lol
Despite that, it actually tasted halfway decent, pretty much like a strawberry margarita, go figure.
I am personally not a big fan of this flavor but I can see how people may like it. For me it was alright, just much too sweet.

As with all Cellucor products, the mixability was top notch, a few swirls and it mixes right up, no foam, no chunks.

Good job overall.

30 servings for $18-$30
For me the value is outstanding, since I typically only take a scoop or so.
For someone who is doing 2-3scoops, obviously the value takes a hit, but I still think its fair for what you are getting.

Overall I really enjoyed C4 and I will continue to go back to it for its consistency. The new flavors also give people who care about flavor a lot of neat options, so all in all I had a positive experience and would recommend others give it a shot.
  • Decent Focus

I'd first like to thank Cellucor for the generous package they sent for us to test. I was originally sent the Fruit Punch & Ice Blue Raspberry flavors with the whey protein. The second round was their new flavors of C4 which included Green Apple and Strawberry Margarita.

I am probably the biggest critic of preworkout supplements, as I largely feel they are overhyped and overpriced, so even a slightly positive nod from me should be taken as a compliment.

Taste:

Fruit...

Taste:

Fruit Punch: 9/10
A very pleasant flavor, reminds me of Tropical Punch Kool Aid

Ice Blue Raspberry: 7/10
It was decent, def not a chore to drink like many others I've tried. I do believe this is a hard flavor to get right and Cellucor did just fine with it.

Strawberry Margarita: 8/10
A very sweet flavor, the only thing I can think of to compare it to is a Strawberry Creamsicle.

Green Apple: 10/10
They hit a home run with this one! One of the best tasting supplements I've ever tried. Reminds me somewhat of Controlled Labs Green Mag (a very big complement). Outside of the supplement world, it reminds me largely of the Green Apple Jolly Rancher in taste.

This is where I hit the product hard. Part of it is not their fault as I'm a 250 range guy and it simply takes more of a product to effect me than the average guy. In the case of this product, a triple serving hit the sweet spot. A triple serving brought in 3g Creatine Nitrate, 4.5g Beta Alanine, and 405mg Caffeine.

Cost wise, this comes out to be 2.35/serving. Its not too far off from other pre workouts, but more expensive than if I would mix it myself by quite a bit.

When the mix is right, this ranks up there with the best pre workouts I've tried. It does its job by giving me the extra energy to get me started going in, and the endurance to push through.

I do believe that 95% of this products effectiveness comes from the creatine, beta alanine, and caffeine. It is effective however as I can clearly see in my numbers that on the days I take a preworkout, that my lifts are about 2-3% higher than on days I don't take it.

On a small side note, I was pleased to see the inclusion of Vitamin C in there, as I think many lifters neglect their vitamins, and C is esp important since a lifting session temporarily weakens our immune system.

Overall, this is a quality product. I've always been a fan of making my own preworkout, but for convenience and taste this certainly makes a case. If you're a big fan of preworkouts, this is one of the best and certainly one to put on your list
  • Price

I will keep this one very short because, lets be honest, this has enough positive reviews and has been out for quite some time so most of us here know what to expect from this.

I have mentioned before, Cellucor does an excellent job with their flashy labels and cool containers. They really get you with that, but even though they may look like a "hype machine," they actually make some really good supplements and C4 is one of them.

Profile(8/10): Its above average, but nothing outstanding. It has stimulants, beta-a, creatine nitrate, arginine AKG. However, comparing this to similar PWO, I can tell you that this one must have top quality ingredients. I believe it is that way because of the effectiveness of PWO.

Effectiveness(7/10): I liked it, but I was not impressed with it. Although it does give me clean energy and a good pump. I have definitely tried much better PWO, with more noticeable effects. Don't get it twisted, C4 is a good PWO and it gives you what you should expect from a good pwo: endurance, energy, pump.

Taste/Mixability (10/10): this my SR friends, is perhaps the best tasting PWO I've ever had. All of their flavors, without an exception, are simply amazing. You will not guess you are drinking a PWO while you sip on this. They have done a perfect job mimicking the flavors they described on the label.

I got to try their Strawberry Margarita and Green Apple and holy ***, they are delicious. I feel somewhat weird focusing so much on taste on a PWO, but this stuff surprised me all the way. At first, I had my doubts about Strawberry Margarita because the dry powder smells like peptobismol, but that deinitely goes away when you mix with water. In addition, their mixability is superb. The quality of the ingredients must be one of the reasons this supplements mixes so well.

Sides/Cons (4/10): one thing I despised of most PWO is the heavy use of dyes. This supplment has a ridiculous amount of dyes in all of their flavors. The problems I have with dyes are that they are 100% unnecessary. I see no need to add that amount of dyes in a supplement. Just to think all that bright green, red, orange, blue, etc. *** is going into my gut and intestines, freaks me out.

Value(7/10): this supplement is simply average in pricing. Although, it is close to the price of many others, the price is subjective because of how you react to it and how much you like it. I personally think from what I got from it, a 7 is the right score. It is nothing that really makes go nuts...

Overall(7.25/10): what can I say about c4 that would really change a customer's mind about buying it again? it works, tastes great, it has quality ingredients, but is extremely heavy on dyes. I know a lot of folks may not care or think about that, but I do and I hate them. If you are conscious about dyes and heavy use of fillers, I think C4 is not for you, but it is a good supplement. They are made with quality ingredients, but the profile is nothing impressive or out of the ordinary. I will not buy again, I liked it, but not to the point to replace my favorite PWO.
  • Great Pumps
  • Crash Occasionally
hulkish1

March 11, 2013

What's going on today SR.com! Today we are going to review an old favorite with new flavors. Cellucor has made some great products and added some new flavors to their PWO C4. I want to thank Cellucor for being a solid partner to the ER program and allowing us to run all their products. C4 is a solid PWO kind of an everything but the kitchen sink profile for a well rounded experience. I have used so many PWO over my years and I want to review this one for you today.

--------Taste -------------------

There were two tubs...

--------Taste -------------------

There were two tubs I received from Cellucor green apple and strawberry margarita.
I'll break down each of them in this section.

Green apple 8/10------------

I really enjoyed this one, it was not too sweet and not to tart. Very crisp tasting mixed with as little as 6oz of water. This was my favorite of the two flavors even though it lacked a medical taste I love it was still a great addition to there already packed flavor list.

Strawberry margarita 6/10-------

Too sweet!!! This product made me quiet sick it was overpowering and sweet I had all I could not to upchuck this product during workouts. Even mixed with 12oz of water to try to kill the flavor it was still too much for me.

-------Effectiveness 8/10---------

C4 delivers a great clean focus with decent pumps. This product always delivered the same results from start to finish which I like in a PWO. I used 2-3scoops per serving depending on my body and the time of day. My work schedule can get kind of hectic which screws up my rhythm and routines. If I workout in the A.M I use 3scoops and if I work out later after work I would only use 2scoops. I also noticed a pretty good beta-alanine feeling 20 minutes after consumption. The only down fall I had with this besides the taste of the strawberry was I didn't have the same focus as I had on the original version.

-------------Content 7/10--------------

Pretty basic nothing out of the ordinary here at all, but it worked so that's a big plus. Here is a quick look and breakdown.

Serving Size: 5.2 grams
Servings per Container: 60
Niacin (as Niacinamide) 30mg 150
Explosive Energy Blend 741mg
-Bitter orange, Niacinamide, Folate (as Folic Acid), Pyridoxine Phosphate, Vitamin B12

Mostly everything on the label is disclosed which is a good sign of quality in my book. I do love the creatine nitrate it always seems to deliver the goods. Not a bad product I wish the caffeine was a little higher per scoop and the beta-alanine was a little higher as well not complaining just saying it seemed a bit under dosed.

-------Value 8/10-------------

Can't go wrong here when a product works well and there are over 20 servings in the tub for around 25.00 dollars you have to say great! I typically spend between $20-30.00 for a pre-workout so this is right up my alley in terms of price. Are there better out there sure but for someone just getting in to bodybuilding and working out this product is perfect and worth every cent. I would compare this to the new PWR in terms of overall satisfaction and value.

Overall the apple was great and the strawberry was too sweet but some people love a sweet shot over a chemical disaster. C4 always delivered when dosed correctly which for me was 2-3scoops nice pumps good clean energy with a slight lack in the mental focus but what can you do there is no DMAA in it. The content was slightly under dosed but the quality of Cellucor's compounds make up for it. Value is on point and very affordable on any budget. I will give this a full hulk seal of approval and I will use this again.

-k-
  • Increased Vascularity
  • Great Pumps
  • No Increase In Focus
fmrPRO

C4 is a good quality pre-workout. Not my favorite, but FAR from the bottom.

First off, thanks Glausen for the free tub of this! With that considered, some of my values are a bit skewed. Not only price, but taste, and some other things, but ill divulge more later. Also, if you want to see my day to day impressions of C4, they are in my transformation log, so check it out!

C4 is a good quality pre-workout. Not my favorite, but FAR from the bottom.

Value- This was a free tub, so you cant beat that for value, however if you were to buy this from say BB.com you can get a months supply for $25 of 2 months for $40. (thats how long they would last me, as i was dosing 2 heaping scoops most lift days)

Taste- My opinion here is a bit biased, as more times then not, I took this first thing in the morning just after brushing me teeth. Nothing tastes good right after you brush your teeth. But I did take this not directly after brushing my teeth, and it did taste very good, one of the best tasting pre-workouts I've tried. Come to think of it, most pre-workouts taste bad, so this does in-fact take my award for best tasting Pre. Also, because I added BCAA-lyn, Gluta-lyn, and Beta-alanine that skewed the flavor, but it was already off due of the above mentioned.

Pumps- This wasnt that great for pumps. I did notice some increased vascularity, but adding Nitrox II helped with the pumps, making C4 and Nitrox II a solid pre-workout stack.

The Good- As i mentioned in my log, I feel that some pre-workouts seem to give you added strength. Ive felt stronger while taking some others, but not with C4. The energy itself was there, but it just helped me keep intensity up and breaks short. It did not help me push more weight. I understand this is largely related to my lower carb diet, but I thought i should point that out. Also, I really appreciate the ingredient profile. Good amounts of key ingredients, and not much else.And depending on your perspective, this could be good or bad, but the effectiveness of C4 grew on me for the most part. I wasnt all that impressed at first (lack of pumps and BA tingles) due to some of the other testers impressions i read. But as the tub wore on, I enjoyed C4 more and more, cuminating on my final lift earlier today. Started out lack-luster and ended up awesome.

The bad- I didnt experience many negative side effects, but there were some. Some people say this stuff if too stim-heavy, but only 1 or 2 times did i feel like i took too much. This isnt as strong as 1MR IMO, but it will get the job done for sure. I never went above 2.5 scoops, but at that dose, i got a slightly upset stomach, and it took away from my lift. Occasionally toward the end of my tub i did seem to crash a bit, but it was probably only twice.

I combined C4 with a whole slew of different stuff. Nitrox II, Yohimbine HCl, BCAAs Gluta, Beta-A, Roxylean, Con-Cret, and T-911. All of these worked great for me, although one of the times i felt like i took too much was when i stacked it with Roxylean, which one might expect that outcome, but i'm very stim-tolerant and i figured I could handle it. I did except for that one day.

As always, I eat a Paleo diet, I workout 4X week and do some variety of cardio most days. C4 helped me get through my workouts, and for that I recommend it.

Final thoughts: C4 is a quality product that will help you push yourself in the gym. If you haven't tried it and your looking for something new, I suggest giving C4 a try.

As always, thanks for reading! If you still are, I appreciate you putting up with my long-winded reviews.

DO WORK!
  • Tunnel Vision
  • Increased Vascularity
  • Crash Occasionally
  • Lack Of Ba Tingles
Copyright © 2015 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.