Super HD Powder Reviews
Super HD Powder is a Thermogenic Weight Loss Product manufactured by Cellucor. It increases the body's temperature and raises metabolism, helping to burn more calories and assist with fat loss.
IntroductionI'm a college student interested in supplements and nutrition.
Ingredient ProfileStarting from the top, we see that the serving size is 6 g and there are about 30 servings of them 6 g scoops. Calories are 10 per serv. carbs are 4 grams, 3 of them dietary fiber. If we go ahead and add everything up we get less than 1 gram of active ingredients. In other words, 6 g scoop and only 1 g of active ingredients which makes this product 90% artificial flavors and colors. Let's dig deeper into the ingredient list:
- B vitamins (B6, B12): They help with ingredient absorption, mood and making sure you don't get any crash from this product.
* There is a propietary blend of different ingredients:
- Caffeine Anhydrous (160mg): Caffeine is a powerful stimulant and it can be used to improve physical strength, endurance and increase your metabolic rate. It is classified as a nootropic because it sensitizes neurons and provides mental stimulation. I'd say this is a good amount of caffeine for this product, not too stupidly high and provides clean energy.
- L-Tyrosine (150mg): L-Tyrosine is a mental booster as it assists with mental focus, its minimum dose is between 100 to 150 mg.
- Toothed clubmoss (2.5 mg): Also helps with mental focus, cool ingredient for neutrotransmission.
- Green tea leaf extract (? mg): It's a fatty acids synthesis inhibitor, appetite supressor and thermogenic as well.
- Rhodiola Rosea extract (? mg): Increases energy and stamina plus it's a CNS stimulant.
- Amla Fruit extract (? mg): Helps the body reduce cholesterol.
- Dandelion Root Extract (? mg): Diuretic.
- Bitter Orange extract (? mg): Also a stimulant, increases the kcals you burn through the day.
- Red pepper fruit extract (? mg): Also known as the chili extract that gets stuck in your teeth making you feel like you just had a big mexican/indian spicy dish everytime your tongue touches it. Jokes aside, it's a great metabolic increasing supplement.
Taste/Mixability/Dosing- Comes in only 2 flavors: Peach Mango and Strawberry Lemonade. And you can bet that they taste damn good given the fact that this product is loaded with artificial flavors. I had the Strawberry Lemonade and it was on point as expected.
- Even though it's a small scoop, given the amount of said dietary fiber and artificial colors/flav. the product doesn't really mix well, there are going to be ingredients sitting at the bottom of the glass/shaker cup.
- Dosing is tricky, too many ingredients are not disclosed so there's no way to know what we are really getting, but it's not a lot.
EffectivenessAccording to Cellucor, you should start with 1 scoop first thing in the morning plus 1 scoop in the afternoon. If you get used to the product add 1 more scoop to the morning serving (what???? 320 g of caffeine in one sitting, I've seen preworkouts with less mg of caff). That makes a total of 480 g of Caffeine alone plus a bunch of other CNS stimulants. That's going to be a problem if you are watching your caffeine intake and makes it near damn impossible to take a pre workout along with this unless you skip a dose.
First things first, I was following IF (Intermittent fasting) when using this product.
- When taking one scoop at first (specially fasting) I noticed an increase in energy and my body started to heat up, which is always welcomed when being in a caloric deficit and waking up early, it was nice and clean with no crash afterwards. The "focus" part of the product isn't something to write home about unless you double the dose. I didn't double scoop it as it would probably be an overkill amount of stimulants and the crash would become noticeable.
- The second dose was after eating, this makes the product under perform in the sense of not being able to get that rush of energy as my body was trying to digest the food. Heating effect was there but not as pronounced as in the first dose. It wore off way quicker than the first one.
- I got used to the stimulant part rather quickly after less than a week so I had to add another dose but there's a point when your body just stops reacting to the caffeine and starts relying on it just to feel normal and this is not good. I had to take a break from caffeine after finishing the container.
ValueIt's about $30 per 30 serv. which comes at 1 dollar per serv.... but here's the catch, you need 2 to 3 servings a day ! Add everything up and you got a product that lasts ~10-15 days at a price of 2 to 3 dollars per day. Not a good value that's for sure.
Side EffectsTolerance builds up fast.
ConclusionNow, one thing that I noticed while taking it is that as a fat loss supplement it's an incomplete product. No doubt about it. Like I said, it relies heavily on stims and a bit on mental focus. There are no fat metabolising ingredients, no L-Carnitine, no essential fatty acids such as CLA... It's just a thermogenic so it's only designed to increase your energy and metabolic rate... but, what happens when it doesn't even get that right? You just have a fancy drink with a shiny label.