(Better than 94% in Creatine > Blends)

SIZE is a Creatine Blend manufactured by Ghost. It features multiple forms of creatines to take advantage of the various features of the different creatines. It can increase muscle power, translating to strength gains and increased muscle mass.

Creatine > Blends

September 12, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Transparent Profile
  • Amazing Taste
  • Most Ingredients Are Well-Dosed

Ghost Size does come in at a relatively high price point when it comes to the creatine market. However as with most things in life you get what you pay for. Ghost delivers a great muscle mass builder that also happens to taste great.

Whats up SR, time to finally drop my review of Ghost Size by the social media phenom company that is Ghost. I was very interested in trying this product as I had seen Ghost's products everywhere but had yet to try on myself, pair that with my love for creatine HCL and I had to jump on this. Thanks to both Ghost and the Trooper program for hooking it up. Glad to see such unique companies are interested in SR.

Alright so whats in it? Luckily Ghost does disclose the label and lets us know whats inside:

5g - Creatine Matrix
    - This matrix is made up of 2.5g Creatine Monohydrate and 2.5g Creatine HCL. This is interesting because it is below the standard dosing for Monohydrate but well above standard dosing for HCL. Interesting as well because Monohydrate is the gold standard for creatine and ATP boosting, allowing users to add size and strength but a downfall can be increased water retention. However with Creatine HCL the claims are the same positives as Mono, but without the water retention and it is claimed to absorb faster.

Betaine - 2.5g (Clinical dosing)

Beta Alanine - 2g
    - This is used to help with muscular endurance and aid in recovery, not typically seen in a creatine supplement, but I like the added benefits it can bring.

Epicatechin - 200mg
    - This is said to help decrease myostatin which can inhibit muscle growth, thus allowing for more growth. It is a hot commodity on the supplement market right now.

I received the Sour Watermelon Warheads flavor. Oh man was this every good, a great blend of sweet and sour. This may be the only creatine I have tried thus far that I was excited about drinking on a daily basis. Mixability was solid as well, I always tend to keep swirling my creatine, so no issues with sinkers or floaters for me. Dosing for me was one scoop post workout or in the morning on non training days (around the same time as my usual post workout).

Alright so lets take a look and see if this actually had any benefit in the areas it was supposed to:

Size: I did manage to put some size on while running this product, I was on the lower end of the calorie spectrum and doing a decent amount of cardio as well, but I did notice my shoulders and back in particular appeared much bigger and overall I did like my increases in muscle density and appearance. Partly this may be due to the loss of fat, but I think the Size did help both retain and add on to my existing muscle structure.

Strength: This was where I really feel like running this benefited me. As previously stated I was doing lots of cardio and was in a slight calorie deficit during my run with this product. But I never lost any strength, in fact in certain areas (mainly pressing movements) I was able to push more weight then normal. This is obviously not exclusively due to the product but anytime one can boost ATP levels strength does increase. I was able to get back to numbers on bench and over head press that I hadn't hit in 6-8 months. I was really excited about this for obvious reasons.

This can be found for an average of $39.99 for 30 servings. Giving it a value of $1.33 per serving. Now that is high for a creatine product, but when one considers this has both Mono and HCL (usually more expensive) as well as Epicatechin, that is a very reasonable price for a 2 in 1 muscle building product. There are also various discount codes available through their sponsored athletes, worth looking into.

Side Effects

None, no water retention either. It is worth noting that with Beta Alanine some people may experience tingling on their skin or an itchy feeling, this is normal.

Conclusion

In conclusion I was very impressed by Ghost Size, You never know when you see these companies blow up on social media as often times they can be underwhelming. For me Size delivered just that: Size along with some great strength gains and maintenance all in one product. Factor in the reasonable price point and the amazing taste and I have found one of my favorite new strength products. Well done Ghost.
    • Warheads Sour Watermelon: 9/10

Advertisement:
    Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

August 20, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Fully Transparent Profile
    • Amazing Taste
    • Great Profile
    • Improves Muscular Endurance
    • Most Ingredients Are Well-Dosed
    • Expensive For A Creatine-Based Supplement
    • Inclusion Of Expensive Ingredients With Little Research

Ghost SIZE is a great creatine-based product that helps boost fitness performance with other well-studied ingredients to create a fairly effective supplement. The main problem I personally have with it though is that it's quite expensive for a mainly creatine-based item when I'd personally just buy good 'ol creatine hydrochloride or monohydrate and leave the other ingredients to my preworkouts or pump supplements to minimize overall spending on supplement stacks. I do however love the inclusion of epicatechin and AstraGin but it's just not quite enough for me to fork over for the bill!

Ghost has really made a huge splash onto the supplement industry over the past year and for good reason! Utilizing aggressive product marketing, well-dosed ingredients and a really snazzy overall product style have helped this company really rise up to be one of the big contenders in the supplement game. When I saw the opportunity to give their flagship creatine product a try I had to hop on board. Lets see how SIZE stacks up!

Creatine Monohydrate (2.5g)
    Creatine Hydrochloride (2.5g): Well since this is mainly a creatine-based supplement I find it fitting to have a quick little explanation on what creatine is exactly and why people use it to enhance fitness! When we hit the gym or use any muscle activity for that matter our bodies use a source of energy produces by the breakdown of a molecule called ATP. When this reaction occurs ATP breaks down into ADP plus a floating phosphate molecule while creating energy that we are able to utilize. Creatine can bind to this already used floating phosphate molecule to turn into creatine phosphate which the body is able to quickly utilize similarly to ATP to create yet another energy source that is actually greater and more prioritized in comparison to ATP. SooOoo essentially creatine helps us recycle used up energy sources. It's literally free energy! So why wouldn't everyone jump on board the creatine band wagon considering how insanely cost affordable it is? I wish I knew the answer to that one, probably because people are still in the belief that creatine is potentially "bad" for you or that is just causes more water retention. Now let me say this... our muscles are composed of 99% water and getting more water into our muscle cells is really only a benefit to its performance and our overall look and pump so this whole water retention thing is ridiculous in my honest opinion. Anyways yeah, I'm a huge supporter of creatine and have been on the stuff for like 8 years straight with no significant side effects other than stomach aches from the olden days of creatine loading which no one performs anymore anyways.

Beta-Alanine (2g): Super popular supplement that acts as a pH buffer to delay onset of lactic acid build-up to improve our muscular endurance while working out. It appears underdosed since more products have over 3g but since it's in a creatine-based supplement I guess this would just be a plus to help improve the beta-alanine source you're likely already getting from a pre-workout.

Epicatechin 90% (200mg): Epicatechin is a somewhat new supplement that is primarily found in dark chocolate. It doesn't have a whole lot of clinical studies regarding its effectiveness but it has been shown to reduce myostatin, which is the main physiological mechanism that our bodies use to regulate muscle mass and keep us from getting too huge.... unfortunately. The studies used doses around 150mg so it's interesting that Size went with a 200mg dose. Not to also mention that this stuff is pretty expensive and is likely the reason that this product costs so much for a creatine-based supplement.

AstraGin (50mg): New up and coming ingredient that has been used in plenty supplements lately to improve absorption significantly. Now who wouldn't want that?

I had the pleasure of trying out the Sour Watermelon "Warheads" flavor and though most people might be skeptical on how accurate they'd be able to create this exact flavor but let me tell you that they hit this one right on the money. I used to eat warheads all the time in my younger years and this flavor takes me back just not as sour as the original which is probably for the best. It mixes very well with minimal residue leftover after a couple shakes with the recommended 8oz of water and it's dosed easily with a pre-workout sized scooper for pretty much any water bottle. It's also worth noting that Ghost places their scooper on the upper lip of all their Size tubs so there's no need to search around when popping open a new bottle which might not sound like much but is really a god send.

I typically mixed Size with my daily preworkout product about 20 minutes prior to hitting the gym floor and though it's hard to objectively note the effects of a creatine-based supplement I did in fact feel a difference with the preworkout from adding the scoop of Size. It may have been from the added dose of beta-alanine or maybe the AstraGin helped with absorbing ingredients from the preworkout as well but it definitely had an intensifying effect to the preworkout. I didn't notice any significant change in weight over the 30 day cycle though I have been using creatine monohydrate for 8+ years and I didn't see any significant increases in overall weight but I knew that the product was doing its job by improving my daily workouts and maintaining my current skeletal muscle.

Priced at a fairly high $40 per 30 serving tubs, each serving will run you about $1.33 which is actually kind of astronomical for a creatine-based supplement but once you put into account the ingredient profile and its inclusion of epicatechin the pricepoint makes a little more sense. I still think it's a bit pricey though and they should have decided to place an expensive ingredient like epicatechin in another product to make Size a more affordable overall supplement.

Side Effects

I personally experienced no significant side effects from using Size.

Conclusion

Ghost is really doing a great job of getting the spotlight on the supplement scene with its awesome product styling and good ingredient profiles and the same can be said for Size! Unfortunately I feel like they went a little too big with Size and should have done without the epicatechin to make it significantly less pricey and maybe added it to their pre-workout Legend to boost its effectiveness there since I feel like that swap would make a little more sense overall. Either way Size is a great product with awesome flavor that is sure to be a big hit for fitness enthusiasts but it's just a little too far out of my price range for the category that it's trying to occupy. Cheers Fellas!
    • Warheads Sour Watermelon: 9/10

Advertisement:
    Members don't see ads: Join SR for Free

July 22, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Fully Transparent Profile
    • Reduced Muscle Soreness
    • Contains Artificial Colors
    • Contains Artificial Sweeteners
    • More Beta Alanine Please

SIZE by Ghost is a great overall product containing well known ingredients that can aid in muscular size and strength gai. In addition, SIZE also helps in recovery and provides benefits to endurance and pump

A special thanks to Ghost for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experience with their product SIZE. SIZE is an interesting looking product containing ingredients known for their benefits towards muscle gain and other areas of fitness. All of the ingredients, such as creatine HCL and epicatechin I've had very good experiences with stand alone. To see them brought together along with a couple of other goodies caught my attention in a heartbeat, leading me to want to try it out for myself.

SIZE contains a fully disclosed profile with all dosages of 5 main ingredients. The ingredients and dosages that I am about to go over are for a one scoop serving.

To begin, SIZE starts with 5g of "Full Yield Creatine", which is actually a duo of creatine monohydrate and creatine HCL dosed at a 2.5g yield each. I've used bulk creatine monohydrate numerous times with good benefits. Creatine HCL I haven't used as often, but the times I have the experiences have also been good. Creatine HCL is said to be more readily absorbed, allowing for less water retention, lower dosage requirement, and elimination of the loading phase often associated with monohydrate. From my experience with HCL I can say that these claims do hold truth in the fact that HCL does cause little water retention and delivers equal benefits compared to monohydrate. Since it does tend to go for a higher price and not as much science to back it up in comparison to mono, its usage is not as popular as mono. I myself tend to just simply go for bulk monohydrate being that it is more cost effective.

Next betaine also known as trimethylglycine dosed at 2.5g. Derived primarily from beets, betaine is noted to enhance nitric oxide synthesis by acting as a nitrate. This results in a better pump and improved endurance. There was also a couple of studies that show that trimethylglycine may directly improve anabolic response by enhancing IGF-1 receptor activity.

Following we have the ever so popular beta alanine dosed at 2g. Beta alanine works by increasing levels of carnosine, resulting in less prominence of oxidative damage, improved fatigue resistance, and benefits to one's endurance. 2g is a bit low for me as I prefer 4g minimum.

After that, we have epicatechin dosed at 200mg. Extracted mainly from green tea and dark chocolate (cacao), epicatechin is a flavonol best known for its antioxidant benefits and immune system improvement. In the area of muscle building, epicatechin has the ability to inhibit myostatin. Myostatin is a muscle growth inhibitor naturally occurring in muscle tissue. Epicatechin works by increasing levels of Follistatin, which antagonizes myostatin. This results in increased muscle growth potential. Epicatechin can also increase nitric oxide production and has benefits for blood glucose management.

Lastly, we have AstraGin at 50mg. As seen as an additive in many supplements today, AstraGin is an absorption enhancer and aids in the potentiation of bioavailability.

SIZE comes in Warheads sour watermelon an unflavored. I received the sour watermelon warheads. It tasted great and had the right balance between sweet and sour just like the Warheads candy itself.

The product mixed fine in water with no problems or undissolved grit.

Ghost recommends taking one serving (one scoop) of SIZE within 30 minutes before or after training. It is recommended to take on non-training days as well.

With the neutral flavor available, I would presume the option to mix it with a protein shake is viable. However, since I got the warheads sour watermelon I figured it wads best to only use water. On training days, I took one scoop with water immediately post workout. I never used it pre workout. On non-training days, I took a serving mixed with water some time in the afternoon.

I would say that SIZE most definitely didn't "Ghost" on the results I got.

First, SIZE did help me gain both strength and size to satisfactory level for an OTC supplement. The gains were not incredible or steroid like, but noticeable nonetheless. The weight I was putting up on a majority of my lifts, both isolation and compound, went up to a degree of about 5-10 lbs. I considered this significant being that I am still on a slight caloric and carb restriction as outlined by my recomp phase. Some of those lifts included a seated dumbbell military press of 110 lbs spotted, 315 lbs spotted decline bench press, 275 lbs spotted incline bench press, 140 lbs barbell skull crusher, and my trap bar deadlifts are now back up to 500+ lbs. Again, these are only some examples. As for size, while I didn't take measurements, my physique in all areas looked bigger and more pronounced.

In addition to the bigger more pronounced look, I had a better pump feeling and improved vascularity all over even on non-training days. My muscles definitely felt fuller and more swole.

My recovery was improved big time. Any DOMS and lethargy that I may experience either post workout or on the following days was virtually non-existent. I had more endurance and resistance to fatigue as I was performing more frequent sets with higher volume on several lifts.

Lastly, although this contained no stims, I noticed my natural energy levels were also better, most likely due to the recovery benefits.

The set retail price for a 30 serving tub of SIZE is 39.99. At first glance this may seem a little pricey. However, when considering all the ingredients and more importantly the effectiveness of SIZE, I'd say this value is actually well worth the investment. As I always say, lookout for deals, coupons, and BOGO from vendors.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Provided you have your training and diet in check while taking SIZE consistently, Ghost has hit a homerun with this product. It will aid in the development of nw gains in muscular size and strength as well provide pump, better endurance, and improved levels of natural energy. As a bonus, the Warheads sour watermelon flavor is great. Again, lookout for better price deals on this product because it is well worth the investment,

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO RED SOX!!!
    • Warheads Sour Watermelon: 8/10

July 21, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Fully Transparent Profile
    • Reduced Muscle Soreness
    • Contains Artificial Colors
    • Contains Artificial Sweeteners

From the brand:
    Gains On Gains On Gains

New school meets old school, clinically dosed, packed to the nines, transparent AF, muscle builder conceived to make gains faster than Photoshop.
    GHOST Full Disclosure Label
    First ever yield transparent Creatine, delivering a full 5G of yielded Creatine
    Max clinical dose Betaine
    Carnosyn Beta-Alanine
    Full 200MG dose Epicatechin
    Max clinical dose Astragin

Hello all. Full intro about myself can be found here in the forum: https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=35432.0

First, a big thank you to the guys and gals over at Ghost for joining us here at SR.com and making your creatine/muscle building product Size available for us TROOPers to try and review. I have been following this company since their creation, mainly because of the YouTube ambassadors that they have partnered with. Being from a printing and marketing background, I can appreciate what Ghost has done with their marketing/outreach techniques since launching the company along with the details and added extras that the labels and tubs have. Being a dietary supplement consumer, I also applaud Ghost on being a fully transparent company from the beginning and not short-changing the consumer with inferior ingredients or improper dosing. Let's see if this proper follows that same path.

As with all Ghost products, Size provides full label transparency and contains patented and registered versions of ingredients when they are available. This product contains five grams of what Ghost calls "Full Yield Creatine", which is a blend of monohydrate and HCL at 2.5g each. This is where the brand is blending new school and old school ingredients with the hopes of providing a product that gives the user the best of both worlds. Many who have been taking supplements for a while know that the monohydrate version of creatine has been studied and proven to be effective for years now. The HCL version is somewhat new and has less scientific research behind it. For those who prefer HCL, they seem to like it because it's more soluble and said to be better absorbed, thus requiring a smaller serving. Personally I have never used a pure monohydrate creatine product on its own. I started with HCL and have stayed with it since I began weightlifting.

Moving past the creatine, the remaining ingredients are added extras to help with muscle growth and recovery. Each scoop of Size gives you a clinical dose of Betaine. Per my friends over at PricePlow: Betaine, also known as Trimethylglycine (TMG), is a natural chemical compound that is found in several biological systems. It primarily serves as an organic osmolyte, which is something that takes water into cells to protect against osmotic stress. In addition to this it is also a methyl donor. TMG got the name betaine after its discovery in sugar beets. Structurally, it is a small trimethylated amino acid existing in zwitterionic form (a neutral molecule with a positive and negative charge, these are also called inner salts) at a neutral pH. The amino acid is glycine, hence the name, trimethylglycine. In addition to being found in sugar beets, it is also found in wheat bran, wheat germ, spinach, wheat bread, and shrimp. (https://blog.priceplow.com/betaine)

Next we have CarnoSyn Beta Alanine at two grams. While many will notice this ingredient is dosed below the normal 3.2 grams that we are accustomed to and think of as the "clinical" dose, Ghost follows the thought path of splitting up the doses for maximum nutrient absorption. This also helps avoid the sometimes unpleasant "tingles" many users get, when mega-doing Beta Alanine. As for effects, it's well known that Beta Alanine boosts endurance, but it also increases work capacity, strength, and time to exhaustion. In other words, Beta Alanine allows you to work out more intensely for longer periods of time without succumbing to fatigue. This ultimately lets you get more work done, yielding more gains!

The next ingredient is one that I have only heard of but never tried in a supplement before. It is Epicatechin 90% dosed at 200mg. Ghost says "Epicatechin is one of the hottest muscle building ingredients on the market" and claims this is the ingredient that really sets Size apart from anything else on the market. They also mention that just this ingredient alone is sold for more than what an entire tub of Size costs. As for what Epicatechin is supposed to do, I turn to my friends at PricePlow again for this: "Found prevalently in dark chocolate, epicatechin is a potent flavonol that's gained popularity for its ability to enhance lean mass gains and performance. Most notably, epicatechin has the ability to

Enhance strength and muscle growth
    Improve glucose tolerance
    Increase endurance
    Blunt fatigue
    Elevate nitric oxide production

Part of what makes epicatechin a prime-time muscle builder is that it's a rather powerful inhibitor of Myostatin by way of increasing levels of Follistatin, Myostatin's "archenemy." Basically, Myostatin prohibits muscle growth, and Follistatin inhibits myostatin signaling, which ultimately results in less myostatin and more muscle growth!"

Our last active ingredient is AstraGin at 50mg. "AstraGin is an all-natural absorption-boosting ingredient derived from Astragalus membranaceus and panax ginseng extracts, both staples of traditional Chinese medicine. AstraGin enhances the rate at which certain compounds and nutrients are absorbed within the intestinal wall. NuLiv, the company who developed AstraGin, has conducted several research trials showing that the novel compound effectively improves uptake of creatine, beta alanine, citrulline, amino acids, and several other compounds. Size contains the full research-backed 50mg dose of AstraGin to increase the effectiveness of all its ergogenics even further."

The remaining ingredients will vary depending on if you purchase the neutral (unflavored) version or the Warheads branded Sour Watermelon flavor. The Sour Watermelon flavored version includes an additional 2.5 grams of natural and artificial flavors, citric, malic and tartaric acid, along with your artificial sweeteners of sucralose and Ace-K plus artificial red food coloring.

Taste >> I received the Warheads collab Sour Watermelon flavor and it was fantastic! I have tried a sample of their Legend PWO in this flavor and thought it was amazing. Glad to see the same flavor transferred over to this product and they were able to achieve the same result with different active ingredients. It is delicious and sour from the first sip until the last. No complaints here and I looked forward to drinking every day. Definitely one of the best tasting supplements on the market today in my opinion.

Mixability >> No real big issues here. One scoop in some cold water and shake for about five to ten seconds. If I let the bottle sit for a minute or two, some sediment would be visible on the bottom but another quick shake and it is ready to drink again. If you are the type of person who would drink this all at once, then there is nothing to be concerned about.

Dosing >> Depending on your thoughts about creatine consumption, this product could be taken any time of day. Ghost recommends consuming within 30 minutes after exercising on training days. They also state for best results, use on non-training days as well. They also recommend mixing this with a whey protein shake, which is why the product also comes in an unflavored version. I followed their dosing protocol on training days and consumed my scoop on non-training days in the afternoon as a nice refreshing beverage.

When it comes to the effectiveness of this product, I experienced two stages throughout my use of the tub. For the first week to ten days, Size provided me with piece of mind that I was getting my full daily dose of creatine in along with having a delicious drink to look forward to after training or during the afternoon on non-training days. During this first stage, everything seemed okay but nothing seemed or felt spectacular or different. My training sessions were the same as was my recovery. No crazy personal best lifts were achieved, just the same slow and steady progress that I was making before starting this supplement. After some of my more intense workouts, I would still have some muscle soreness for a day or two just as before. Body composition was also relatively unchanged during this time.

As I entered the second week of using this product and beyond, that is where I started to notice a significant difference during my training sessions and more importantly, in my recovery. With consuming Size post workout, my training sessions the following days started to become more enjoyable and I was eager to get back into the weight room. This was likely because the effects of Size had my body feeling stronger and more willing to lift some heavier weights than I did the session before. This excitement and the possibility of setting a new PR reinvigorated my desire to go to the gym as much as possible again. With this new found enthusiasm in the gym, some might be concerned about the ability for the body to recover from this new stimulus of pushing it far beyond what it is used to. This is where Size really shined for me as my muscle soreness from the workouts decreased substantially the more I used this product. The soreness that used to last a day or two for my most intense workouts was almost non-existent during week three and four of this product. I started to feel "healthier" and stronger with each passing day during these weeks and had a better outlook on the other parts of my life because I was not sore or in a bad mood. Indirectly, this supplement helped with my family and work life because it made me more enjoyable to be around and open to participating in other activities that I would normally be too sore to think about doing.

In terms of body composition while using this product, I did not notice any extreme changes in the mirror but felt most of the progress was being made internally. My muscles did not seem to fail as quickly during the training sessions when compared to before I started taking Size but my muscle definition did not noticeably change for any part of my body. Some of this lack of change or definition can be attributed to loose skin that I have from losing weight and I did not expect this product to magically solve that issue by filling it up with more muscle mass. I realize that I will probably never look like the fitness models we see on magazines or Instagram and I'm okay with that. As long as I can continue making progress in the gym and boost my recovery for the next session; I am happy. Ghost Size was effective at giving me the confidence that I was stronger and capable of lifting more weight without the fear of being laid up in bed for the next week trying to recover.

In terms of price/value, Ghost has taken the route of having strict control over who is able to distribute their products. At this time, the only places Size and all other Ghost products can be purchased are either directly through their own website (https://www.ghostlifestyle.com/), from the GNC website or directly from brick and motor GNC stores. Unless there happens to be a sale in a GNC store, the price is the same no matter where you shop. Each tub is 30 scoops and retails for $39.99. GNC has free shipping and you can save 10% if you choose to have this product auto-delivered. If you purchase this from the Ghost website, you can find a discount code from one of their brand ambassadors that will save you 20%.

In terms of value, Size really stands out when it comes to the amount of Epicatechin included in each tub. Looking through sites like Amazon that sell Epicatechin in pill form, you would be paying between $35 and $40 just for that ingredient alone at the 6000mg (30x200mg) dosage. Then you have to factor in the separate costs for the forms of creatine along with all the other ingredients you get plus whatever value you may place on having an amazing tasting product.

If you look at this product as only being a creatine supplement, then it is going to be extremely expensive and likely a pass for most people. However, this includes much more than just creatine and should be viewed as a supplement that will improve your performance and most likely lead to better recovery and more muscle gain while meeting your daily creatine requirements as an added bonus.

Side Effects

None experienced during my run of this product. Be cautious if you know your body does not react well to a certain type of creatine included. Since this also contains Beta Alanine, there is the possibility that some people could feel the tingling sensation after consuming. Also note that the Warheads Sour Watermelon flavor does contain artificial colors and sweeteners, if you are allergic and/or trying to avoid those.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I see this supplement as being a great addition to anyone's stack no matter where you are in your fitness adventure. For the newbies hitting the weights for the first time, I believe this will help amplify your newbie gains along with helping you recover and lessening muscle soreness. For the intermediate lifter that has been training consistently and tried many supplements but can't break through a plateau; maybe Size is the perfect cocktail of post workout ingredients that you have been missing. For the advanced lifter, this supplement may be your first experience in using Epicatechin and all the possible benefits it can provide. If you are the type of person who has a cabinet full of failed supplements that didn't produce the effects they claimed; Ghost Size could be the one that replaces them all and gets you back on the GAINS train! Choo Choo

Once again, thank you to Ghost and SR.com for making this review possible. Size combines all the greatness of research backed ingredients with the amazing sour candy taste of Warheads. I looked forward to drinking this each day and letting my body handle the rest.

Thank you for reading my review and let me know if you have any questions.
    • Warheads Sour Watermelon: 10/10

Overall
    Overall
    6.9
    6.4
      May 21, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Fully Transparent Profile
    • Slightly Aids In Recovery

Nice ingredient profile for $39.99 (30 servings) including creatine and Epicatechin - an ingredient that is new to me/first time use, that I was excited to try. This product however didn't give me any breakthrough results, and it didn't work any better than a typical creatine product should work and the epicatechin was nothing special for me. This product wasn't in a league of it's own like I thought it might be.

I'm 29 1/2, and have been going to the gym for 9 1/2 years. I started off the skinniest weakest kid, and gained a lot of size and strength over the years. I workout with weights, and my goals are to build strength and endurance. I decided to purchase this product and give it a try with the hopes of increasing strength, and increasing some lean muscle / becoming a bit leaner.. Wasn't really looking so much to put on mass as mass wise I was happy where I'm at... Just wanted more strength, and to be more lean. Was excited to use this product because of the Epicatechin ingredient, which is something I've never used before.

Full Yield Creatine:
      -Creatine HCL 3.21G delivering 2.5G of creatine
      -Creatine Monohydrate 2.84G delivering 2.5G of creatine

Betaine (Trimethylglycine) 2.5G
      Carnosyn Beta Alanine 2G

Astragin 50mg

*Epicatechin (90%) 200mg.

Epicatechin is the reason I was excited to try this product, as this is something I've never used before. Epicatechin is a flavonol, that is plant based and found in trace amounts in many foods. Epicatechin is found to act as a myostatin inhibitor.

Myostatin is a myokine protein that inhibits muscle growth. It has been found many years ago in lab testing that animals that lacked or had a fault in myostatin due to a gene issue has significantly more muscle mass than other animals who didn't lack this. Epicatechin is believed to inhibit myostatin by increasing follistatin. Inhibiting myostatin, which limits one's muscle growth, is believed to increase one's muscle growth potential.

I was excited to try this product, as in the past I was looking into using a myostatin inhibitor product, but decided not to, due to them being on the expensive side and coming with very mixed reviews.

Taste - I went with the neutral taste, and I would mix it in my post workout whey protein. Although this is unflavored, it tasted bitter, and gave my protein a bitter/sour taste to it.

Mixability - This product mixed pretty well in my protein, no problems there.

Dosing - This product's instructions says to use 1 Scoop (11.6G) in 8-10ozof water of choice of beverage within 30 minutes AFTER exercise. And for best results, to use on non training days as well.

I took this product just like that. I mixed it in my whey protein and consumed immediately after working out, and I usually used it on my off days, however some off days I would just use my other regular creatine supplements.. I was typically using this product atleast 5 days a week.

This product just didn't give me the extra results I was looking for, and worked about as good as a typical creatine product should work. I thought maybe using Epicatechin would give me something noticeable, but it just didn't.

No noticeable change in body composition - After using this product, I didn't look any bigger, or any leaner. Yes, this product doesn't state it is a fat burner, however, epicatechin is said to build lean muscle mass while reducing body fat. This product just didn't do that for me, I looked exactly the same after using it for about 5-6 weeks.

Strength - I was hoping to get stronger while using this, as that was my #1 goal for using this. That didn't exactly happen either. I didn't lift any heavier weight or hit any 1 rep PRs while using this product. However, I did add an extra rep or 2 to some of the weight that I was already lifting. So I did hit some rep PRs during my use of this product, but just didn't hit any heavier lifts.

I bought this product at GNC for $39.99 for 30 servings. It was a decent value, and if it worked better I'd be giving the value a better rating. Myostatin inhibitors / epicatechin products sell on amazon and other online websites for around the same price and more. Some myostatin products can be quite pricey. This is a myostatin inhibitor product, that also comes with a nice creatine blend and other ingredients for $39.99. So for that, it is priced pretty fairly. I just can't give this a great value review, because it didn't really do much for me, compared to other basic creatine products I've used for much cheaper.

The Epicatechin just didn't do it for me.

Epicatechin is also said to lower cholesterol and improve heart and brain function. Well my brain didn't functionany better on this product, and I don't have blood labs to show how it affected cholesterol. However in terms of athletic performance, this ingredient just didn't do it.

Side Effects

None to Report.

Conclusion

I was excited to use this product for the Epicatechin ingredient and myostatin inhibitor purposes. The epicatechin here didn't do it for me, and didn't give me anything extra or make any noticeable affects. This product had a nice creatine blend, and while it wasn't a total dud of a product, it just didn't do anything extra for me, and didn't work any better than much cheaper/more basic creatine products that I've used in the past.

In all fairness, I am an experienced lifter, so right now it's hard for any product that's not a steroid, to really make a huge difference, or even a noticeable difference, but with all the hype around the potential of a myostatin inhibitor I was hoping it could do something, but that just wasn't the case.

Now I did click "Yes" for recommending the product, and from my review it doesn't sound like I would recommend this product. It was a toss up between "yes" and "meh".. overall, I would recommend trying this product, because at $39.99 it's not a terrible price, it still is a nice creatine blend, and overall a nice ingredient profile. So for that price, it doesn't hurt to try, and perhaps someone else might have better results with this product than I have.
      • Neutral: 4/10

Overall
      (SR paid for product; Ghost did not participate)
        May 8, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Fully Transparent Profile
      • Slightly Aids In Recovery
      • More Beta Alanine Please

Ghost Size didn't work any miracles, but it did help with recovery. Full disclosure label with effective doses of proven ingredients. If you are looking for an all around supplement to add to your stack, I recommend Ghost Size.

Big thank you to the Troop program and Clipper83 for giving me a new tub of Ghost Size out of his personal stash. I have taken many different products that are similar to Ghost Size. Among those are: post jym, cell tech hyper build, nutrabio CGT, and nutrabio post. This product has proven to be as effective, if not more effective, than all of those named. It is a straight forward product with proven ingredients.

Shout out to Ghost for the full disclosure label. Size has 5 ingredients:
      -5g creatine consisting of 3.21g HCL and 2.84g Monohydrate. I really like the mix of creatine hcl and creatine mono. I have had good results on both individually, but have not taken them together before. HCL is the new and trendier creatine that is supposed to have no loading required and less water retention. Monohydrate is the tried and true creatine that I believe is most commonly associated with bulking (at least for me).

-2.5g betaine. This is the clinical dose of betaine and it is included to help with muscle gain/fat loss due to its ability to help with protein synthesis.

-2g beta alanine. Size has the carnosyn patented version of beta alanine, which is a plus to me. Unfortunately, this is not the clinical dose (3.2g), but I will say it is a sufficient dose to feel some tingles every now and then. I'm also not too concerned with the 2g dose because most pre-workouts have some beta alanine in them as well.

-200mg epicatechin. This is somewhat of a hot ingredient right now. I am not super familiar with it, but my research has revealed that it is a flavanoid that has been shown to help with heart and muscle function.

-50mg astragin. This ingredient helps with your body's ability to absorb and use the other ingredients in Size.

I had the Warheads Sour Watermelon flavor and it did not disappoint. It really did taste just like the warheads I enjoyed as a child. Size mixed effortlessly in about 8oz of water. I never had to shake it up, I would just add it to my water and kind of slosh it around in my glass and it mixed pretty quickly.

I took 1 scoop of Size each morning after my fasted cardio.

Size truly did help me to add some muscle and put on some size. After the first 2-3 weeks I gained about 3 pounds and hit a PR on my deadlift, 3x5 squat, and my 2000m row. I found that my recovery was improved, but to be clear--this is not a miracle supplement. I found the results to be very consistent with what I expected from a creatine/betaine/beta alanine product. I don't believe I can fully attribute my PRs to Size, but I do think I can say that Size helped.

Additionally, I found that I continued to maintain a fairly dry look despite the fact that I was taking creatine. This is a plus for me, as often times I will retain a bunch of water.

You can get Ghost Size direct or from GNC for typically around $39.99 for 30 servings. That being said, Ghost almost always has 15% promo codes available from what I can see. I think this price is right on point for the style of supplement. For instance, you can purchase post jym/nutrabio post for the same cost. It is pricey, but I believe it is worth the cost.

Side Effects

Very few beta tingles. Little to no water retention.

Conclusion

Ghost Size is a solid everyday supplement that I would suggest adding to your current supplement stack. I had great results as far as lean mass gain and strength gains while taking it. I can't attribute all of my gains to Size, because that would just be unrealistic, but I do believe it helped me. Give this a try if you are looking for a good post workout that tastes delicious.
      • Warheads Sour Watermelon: 10/10

9.5
        March 10, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Fully Transparent Profile
      • Great Profile
      • Slightly Aids In Recovery
      • Neutral Tastes Creamy

38 years old and I lift 4 days a week. I was doing GZCL Jacked N Tan 2.0 while using this product, figured a strength/size builder workout was great to do while checking out Ghost Size. Ghost as a brand has intrigued me with their cool art, and marketing, and after trying a few of their products and learning more about Epicatechin, I was excited to give this a go. This is much more than a Creatine Blend as we will discuss below. Lets see if this brand continues to impress me.

Fully transparent label here, just like all other Ghost Products I have tried. For those counting macro's each scoop contains 0 Carbs, Calories, or Sugars. The extras you get are 26mg Calcium and 15mg Sodium. The main ingredients here are found in the Ghost Size blend, so lets break that down:

Full Yield Creatine (5g): Here you have a mix of Creatine Hydrochloride (3.21g delivering 2.5g Creatine) and Creatine Monohydrate (2.84g delivering 2.5g Creatine). Creatine Mono is the standard form of Creatine while Hydrochloride is just creatine bound with hydrochloric acid. It may be more water soluble than regular mono, but research has yet to prove it. Either way you get 5g Creatine overall, which normally I would want more as I typically like the 7-8g range, but with the other ingredients this works just fine.

Betaine (Trimethylglycine) (2.5g): Betaine (trimethylglycine) is an active metabolite of Choline in the body and a component of beetroot. It serves a vital role in methylation in the body alongside folate, and is an osmoregulator like Creatine. Betaine is also a possible ergogenic aid. (examine.com) As far as increasing physical performance, the jury is still out on this out, and taking this alongside of Creatine may wash the effect of Betaine out. It has the same benefits as creatine just not as reliable. 2.5g is the minimum dose, so if this is in fact effective then we are covered here. I don't mind this being included.

CarnoSyn Beta Alanine (2g): Beta-alanine is the building block of carnosine, a molecule that helps buffer acid in muscles, increasing physical performance in the 60-240-second range. Beta-alanine can aid lean-mass gain. Carnosine appears to be an antioxidant and anti-aging compound. (Examine.com) I am a fan of this, as I do notice that taking at least 2g daily of Beta Alanine does increase my recovery time in between sets. For those of you that do cardio then you will benefit from this even more.

Epicatechin (90%) (200mg): Epicatechin is a bioactive compound classed as a flavonol, a plant based phytochemical which is found in a number of foods in trace amounts, including green tea and most famously, dark chocolate. While differing food sources contain different amounts of epicatechin, dark chocolate contains the most, and the darker the better with pure cocoa containing the highest amounts of all at nearly 3mg per gram. Before you get excited and go purchase a ton of chocolate to eat daily, remember that also includes calories and fat, so here we just get the ingredient we want. Epi has a number of benefits including enhancing muscle growth and strength, increasing NO production, improving insulin sensitivity, lowering cholestorol levels, and improving brain and heart health. 150-200mg a day is the recommended dose, so its nice to have 200mg included. Beauty of this ingredient is that it can be used for any length of time and no need to cycle it. For best results 4 weeks at a minimum should be used. I am now a huge fan of Epi. More info can be found here: https://www.predatornutrition.com/articles/supplements/supplement-science/everything-you-need-to-know-about-epicatechin.html

AstraGin (50mg): Ahh yes, the awesome absorption enhancer. After running this at 200mg daily alone, I like to see this included in products now as I know its effective for me. 50mg is a good dose, so happy to have this here.

As you can see Ghost did not skimp on the ingredients at all here, and put some quality thought and ingredients here. I really like this profile and think its effective which we will discuss below.

Taste: I got the Neutral flavor which was the only one available at the time, but now they have Warheads Sour Watermelon as an option. I always mixed this with my protein and it was a more creamy taste. I could see people thinking its slightly sour, but its drinkable none the less. Next time I take this I will do the Watermelon, but Neutral was fine.

Mixability: No real issues here, I found it mixed well with Protein powders. It looks like it will not, but whether you shake it or blend it it mixes fine with no residue left over. Waste not Want not.

Dosing: On workout days I took this post workout with my Protein shake. On rest days I would just drink it first thing in the morning. I belive this was marketed to take Pre Workout with legend, but I doubt you would really see a difference. The PWO I had included Beta Alanine so I did not want a big dose of that PWO, so I always took Post.

So this is the easy part, its going to write itself! I am not going to tell you I gained 20 pounds of muscle in a month or anything crazy, but I did put on some lean mass in my Arms, Lats, Triceps, and Chest. I did not notice anything until about 2 weeks in, then I started to notice it in my lats. Right around the third week, I started getting comments from my gym and work buddies, saying hey when did you get bigger. They all asked what I was taking, and I recommnded this to them. I truly believe its the combination of Epi and creatine that helped out here, likely mostly the Epi because I was getting far better results than I would just taking Creatine. Strength wise, I can't really say since I was on a strength training program. Nice part is my weight did not change but I did gain some mass, so it was lean mass.

The only label claim is "Ghost Size was conceived to make gains faster than Photoshop" and is labeled as a muscle builder. Yes, I think their claim is correct in this being a muscle builder. There is not much else to say on the matter, that if you take this you will likely see some muscle gain in 30 days. Don't expect anything crazy like a PH or roids, just a nice lean mass gain over time. I really really enjoyed this, and moving forward this is going to be included in my stack most of the year.

You can pick this up from Ghost themselves for $39.99 for 30 servings which comes out to $1.33 a serving. FYI, if you are active duty military email Ghost and they will give you a code for 25% off. It sounds like a lot but lets break down the ingredients. You can grab Creatine mono and HCL for pretty cheap, less than 10 cents a gram, as well as betaine and beta-alanine you can grab fairly cheap as well. The kicker here is the Epicatechin which brands sell by itself for 30-50 dollars for 30 servings. So all in all, I think the value here is fair, and almost a pretty sweet deal with the quality of the combination and effectiveness. You must look at this as a whole product and not just a Creatine blend.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I was not sure if the hype of Ghost Size would even be anything, but I was pleasantly surprised with this product and highly recommend it. Once I recover from my surgery in the future I am going to start a run of this again to re-build my size that I am sure I will lose in recovery. If you are looking to gain a little size and looking for a product to meet your creatine, beta-alanine, and epi needs then look no further. Ghost is crawling up my radar as a pretty great company, and this is by far the best product I have tried by them to date. Give it a shot, you won't be disappointed.