This product has been reported as discontinued.

Prime Reviews

By: USPlabs

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

7.1
Prime is a Natural Testosterone Booster manufactured by USPlabs. It helps optimize your natural testostorone levels, which helps encourage muscle growth and fat loss.

This product has been reported as discontinued.
INGREDIENTS (2)
THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)

THIS PRODUCT
(Amount not disclosed)

Plant extract rich in tannins that reduces blood sugar, enhances secretion of insulin, fights free radicals and prevents premature cell death.

COMPARE SIMILAR

joeoftwins
  April 7, 2011

Ok so this is my 4th product from USP Labs. I'm currently taking Jack3d and PowerFULL with excellent results. I've also taken Modern BCAA's with good results but switched to Extend for a change of pace. After rave reviews and three pretty decent products from USP I figured I'd give it a shot. When I started this supplement I had one week to cycle off my Kre-Alkalyn which I had been on for 2 months so I overlapped the two for about a week. My goal was to use this product to sustain my gains I had made from my Kre-Alkalyn cycle. My diet remained the same throughout the entire dosing which was 2 pills 3 times a day as the bottle said. At 5'10 185lbs and roughly 10%BF my daily nutrient intake is 250g protein, 150-200g carbs, and about 75-100g fat. I'm very strict with this. Weight Training is 4 times a week.

THE CLAIMS:
Promotes thick, dense muscle, unparalleled natural mass, supraphysical strength development. WOW!!! Sounds Impressive....

INGREDIENTS:
Proprietary Blend of: Tribulus Aquaticus, Chebulic Myrobalan...I searched and searched numerous sites on these two ingredients with very little to no info on any legit studies that could back up they do anything USP claims. Nothing was even remotely in the ballpark. Tribulus Aquaticus has zero properties of Tribulus Terristris and is basically a "water chestnut" as per several Herbal websites. Chebulic Myrobalan is also an herb which is used mostly as a laxative and for minor body disorders..IE cough, UTI's, flatulence, diarrhea, etc..How these 2 compounds can do what the product claims is beyond me.

MY Results:
Unfortunately this product didn't do any of that for me. I burned through 3 bottles of this stuff as many have said you need at least 3 to see results so I gave it the full trial. I'm very in tune with my physique as I've been lifting a long time. I can tell when something is working and when it is not..This stuff just didn't work for me at all. "Promotes Thick, Dense Muscle". Not even sure what that means? I'm pretty lean so I have a good gauge on how dense I look and my conditioning never changed. "Unparalleled natural mass"...I actually lost 2 lbs while on this product. I'm attributing that to the cycling off of Kre-Alkalyn but I definitely didn't gain any size. "Supraphysical Strength Development"...Nope! My strength went down in just about every lift as the high dose of Kre-Alkalyn I was taking left my body. Not a drastic loss but I never gained my lost strength back let alone any new strength.

OVERALL:
I know this product has gotten a ton of hype and good reviews but sometimes I wonder if people are just jumping on the USP Bandwagon since they put out a few solid products. If you cycle this with Jack3d or a straight NO product you wont even be able to tell whats doing what exactly. For me I had already established those products effectiveness before I started this as I had been on all my other supps for 2 months already. I can remember back in 1996 when the EAS Brand and their creatine was the CRAZE and then they came out with HMB a year later and they hyped the crap out of it with the before and after pics, etc....and it was all BULL! Just trying to rope us into another product on the strength of the one before. Not saying this is the case here but like I said, this product did zero for me...Just keeping it honest. I'm guessing that if most guys took this product by itself with nothing else in the mix they might have a different take on its effectiveness? Or I could just be the one guy it didn't work for??? Not hating on USP Labs in any way. I really like most of their stuff but I gotta keep it real with this. I'm giving it 5's across the board outta respect for USP Labs and prior products but I wouldnt buy it again.
 Pros:
 Cons:
    • Little Pricey
    • Zero Results.
    • Lost Weight
    line6reed
      December 17, 2012

First off big thanks to Anabolic Adam for sending me out two bottles of prime. As we all know when you see the name USP Labs on a label you are getting an innovative effective product. I finally can say I have taking all of the products USP Labs have to offer and up until Prime I have always been satisfied, which really blows because I had high hopes for Prime.

Dosing:7/10
    This is probably the high point of Prime the dosing protocol, USP Labs recommends that you take 3 caps twice a day with food 6 days on 1 day off. At the beginning of the bottle I would dose 3 at breakfast and 3 with pre workout meal. After doing some research I found out users were getting better results dosing 6/9 protocol 7 days a week so I began trying it that way needless to say at no point did anything change for me.

Effectiveness:4/10
    Prime is touted as the ultimate muscle pill. USP Labs claims that prime Promotes Muscle Gain of Thick, Dense Variety, Supports Re-composition Effects, Promotes Strength Gains, increased Recovery Speed, and Train harder and longer than you ever have. I can honestly say that I didn't notice any thing of those sorts. In fact many users claim increased hunger while using prime for me it was the opposite I found myself having to force myself to eat anything. Also I did not notice an increase in strength during my run on prime even when I switched to the 6/9 protocol nothing was changing.

At no point did I ever notice any muscle hardness or density. I will say while on prime it did seem like my training session were longer. At the end of the day I just didn't respond to prime I don't think its a bunk product because many credible users on this site state otherwise.

Value:4/10
    Granted I received Prime for free I think the value on this product is way too over priced. On bodybuilding.com prime gos for $49 per bottle wich comes out to $0.99 per serving. Me personally I just cant justify spending that much on a product that didn't deliver for me or that is not a Universal Nutrition product.

Overall:4/10
    As I stated earlier USP Labs is known for its innovative effective products so with that said I can not completely write Prime off and recommend others not to try it because I am just one out of many users who did not respond to prime. The way I see it if you can score prime for a good deal or somehow come across it for free then give it a run.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Pills Easy To Swallow
    • Little Pricey
    • Zero Results.
    • Suppressed Hunger
    mhseaver670

December 4, 2011

Ok guys I have not done a review in a while so here goes.
    I had the chance a while back to try Prime and wow this stuff is awesome.
    I never knew exactly what it was or what all the fuss was about over this stuff... but now I do.
    I truly think this is one of the most underrated supps out now.

Ok so what is it?
    Prime is a nutrient re-partitioner and natural anabolic properties.
    Im not going to go into huge details as to what that is because lets face it..
    you should do you homework on ANY SUPPLEMENT before you put it in you body!
    IMO I think this stuff is perfect for those like me that have a hard time dialing thier diet in.

SO how do you dose this?
    Usp recomends you take 1-2 caps with each meal,, but I seem to think most companies say this just so you go through it faster. I only took up to the most of 6 caps a day..
    I took 2 in morning and two for lunch and sometime 2 at dinner or 2 pre workout on workout days.
    On non- workout days I only took 4 caps . Two at breakfast and 2 at dinner.

Now I did notice on the days I took it as a preworkout it worked best if I had a small snack before hitting the gym.. a bannana and protien shake or something.

I will also say that most are saying this stuff really shines if you run 2 -3 bottles . I did not have that option so I only used one bottle but I will say that Im sure that is correct because this stuff really kicked it toward the end of the bottle. which I got about a months use of .

OK SO ON TO WHAT IT DID FOR ME>
    Value- 10
    I have to give it a 10 because I got it for free, but if I paid for it ( most places sell it around 30 -40 bucks ) I would give it about a 8 because you should buy 2 and that will but you around 80-100 bucks.

taste- NA
    its pills.. No burbs or after taste.

EFFECTIVENESS - 10
    OK guys this is where im going to rave.
    I have to say I was taking powerful and kre-ak at the same time but it was noticable that the PRIME was working.
    My strength went up my leaps and bounds I went from a 300 bench on last set to a 330 easy on last set while on this. I gained a half inch on arms and I leaned out too. Everyone was asking what I was taking. I had veins showing I never knew I had. I cant say enough about this stuff to be honest. PUMPS WAS INSANE TOO and this was before I even found my holy grail NITROX ll.

OVERALL- 9
    I hate to not give it a 10 but nothing is perfect.
    I have to say this is one of the best stacks I have run in a long time. I urge you if you have not used prime before to at least give it a run. GREAT PRODUCT.
    I think this stuff is best when bulking but It maybe good as a cutting product too.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Increases Strength & Recovery
    • Increases Muscle Hardness & Density
    • Increased Appetite
    • A Bit Pricey But Worth It
    Manimal

December 17, 2010

USP Labs Prime- The Ultimate muscle pill!

First, let me spread a little insight about Prime because I see alot of questions involving what it is and what the ingredients are capable of.
    Prime is a nutrient re-partitioner with natural anabolic properties. The product itself is all natural and in no way, shape, or form hormonal. It has an 800mg Proprietary blend per capsule including Tribulus Aquaticus (Natural anabolic properties) and Chebulic Myrobalan for re-partitioning of macro nutrients. So in a nutshell, it will help develope an anabolic environment in muscle tissue and help better utilize protein, carbs, and fats for Muscle and Strength gains. This product should be ran with a clean diet, high in macro nutrients for best results.

I took it for my bulk and stacked it with Anabolic Pump and of course the regulars/essentials such as protein, creatine, multi, Fish Oil, ect. Ran 3 bottles of each which lasted me roughly just shy of 3 months. One of the Prime bottles was the 150 count so I was able to squeeze out a few more days. I started out with the normal dose of 6 pills a day- 2 with breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with 1 day off a week. After three weeks in, I took it everyday. by the end of the second bottle I was starting to develope a bit of a tolerance to it so I went ahead and ran the 6/9 protocol for my third and final bottle. For those of you who don't know, 6/9 protocol is 6 Primes on off days, and 9 Primes on lift days. I highly recommend running Prime for at least 2 bottles.

The results- About in between my second and third week was when I really started to see it working. My compound lifts were all going up 10 lbs WEEKLY and proCEEded to do that for a full 4 weeks. The muscle hardness was very noticeable and my recovery was speeded up significantly. The second week of the second bottle was about where the "feeling" part of it started to wear off a bit. With that being said, the "Seeing" part was still there. Was still experiencing steady gains, only in slightly smaller increments, and I could see my body bringing more mass and fullness to the muscle bellies. When I went up to the 6/9 protocol, I started getting the feeling part again, but It wasn't to the extent that I experienced in the beginning. Was still seeing gains though. For alot of people, Prime increases hunger. I was one of those people. I could eat a huge steak, rice, and greens meal and within 20 minutes be hungry again. To control myself from eating everything, I would usually just chug some water and be content until my next meal.

Price- Depending on where you look, I've seen Prime anywhere on the web from 40-50 dollars a bottle, give or take. ProSource.net and BodyBuilding.com normally have the best deals, However it was actually GNC where I found the 150 count bottle for 47 bucks on *hot buy*, which was a good deal in my opinion.

When I started Prime, I had just concluded a month of strength training (which followed up right after my summer cut phase). I was at 165 and 8.5% body fat. After my Prime cycle with my bulking phase, I was at 179 and right around 10.2% bodyfat. Carrying some water of course. So all in all, I got some great results from Prime. I think USP Labs did a great job with the development of this product.

If anyone has anymore specific questions on Prime, feel free to shoot me a PM.
    • Great Strength And Size Gains
    • Increased Recovery
    • Developed A Slight Tolerance For It
    mrrg303
      December 31, 2014

OK, to begin with, I'm not an expert or a chemist and my knowledge is based on reading, internet research and empirical evidence from things I've tried. I like some of USP Lab's products and have used PRIME twice, back when it first came out and liked it. It increased my appetite, improved my mood and had a nice overall sense of well-being with good recovery.

I especially liked the old "PINK MAGIC," so much so, that I used three bottles of it. It worked really well for me and was the closest thing I could imagine to pro-hormone like effects. So far I'm natty and try natty things, always on the lookout for the new and innovative.

GNC had this on clearance, so I snatched it up for another go round. But, this time I was left somewhat disappointed.
    Not sure if the formula changed or maybe the dosage, but it just wasn't the same as the original.

If you've read any of my other reviews, you see I'm usually more on the positive side and try to focus more on the effectiveness of products, but other than mild improvement in appetite and digestion, which isn't an issue for me, I didn't notice anything else really. Ok, maybe a little strength improvement, but it's hard to quantify if from this, or plain grit.

I guess the "Expert Reviewers" pretty much nailed it, this is more of a nutrient partitioner.
    I suppose I was hoping for test boosting and libido enhancing, with "tribulus aquaticus extract," but apparently this isn't the same thing as "tribulus terrestris."

All that said, I think the reason I had good results the first two times is because desperately trying to hold on to muscle and even gain some weight in between military deployments and insufficient calories, low food quality and stress. An as such it helped out and I made improvements.

The take away then, is that this is probably a good product for someone thin, trying to gain weight, or someone trying to bulk up. And it may be advantageous to use this for 12 weeks or so for the full effect.

To sum up I learned a lesson this time around....to do my research, compare ingredients and use products for what they are intended!

One final note, I'm 1/3 thru a bottle of the new "PINK MAGIC" and will definitely be reviewing it when finished.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Increases Strength & Recovery
    • Increased Appetite
    • Little Pricey
    • Increased Appetite And Cravings
    glasswars
      March 3, 2011

Right now I am trying to do anything to keep me from studying, so I thought I'd throw up my Prime review.

Personally I am a huge USP Labs fan, having consistently used 6 of their products, they work great for me. Product claims "muscle gains, thick, dense muscle, strength gains, increased recovery, increase body weight, increase in bench and squat, decrease in fat mass."

Before I even start, you have to make sure your diet is CLEAN on this product, it is a nutrition partitioner, so what you put in your body WILL effect your results!

Profile: 10/10. Like I said in my Pink Magic review, this is a USP Labs product, and to me, they are one of the most solid companies in the market today. Packaging looks good, has some graphs showing gains you can expect, neato.

Price: 7/10. Depending where you buy, it'll be 40-60 for a one month supply. A little expensive if your stacking, but this product is well worth it. Just like Pink Magic, especially if you stack the two together.

Effectiveness: 9/10. Where can I start... I am finishing up my 3rd cycle of Prime, and am excited for the fourth. You can opt to take this product in 2 different doses. 6 Days a week, 2 pills with each meal. Or, 6 days a week, 2 pills with each meal, and 2 pre-workout. I opted for the regular dosing as I already take enough pills pre-workout. This product does in fact take some time to build up in your system, so the first week you might start to get disappointed, but give it time.

Where this product was most effective for me, was how hungry it made me. It turned me into a beast. Between all of my meals I would probably throw down 1 or 2 little snacks (something like a Clif Bar, or just some bread, peanut butter, etc). When I did eat my meals, I was definitely able to eat more than normal. When I would go out to eat, I would end up getting an appetizer and main course just for myself, along with some bread. And of course each day I would have my shakes as well. I have no problem taking in 4000+ calories a day when I am on Prime.

Next, is the muscular density and fullness. Even on your my days, I began to notice your muscles feeling fresh, harder, fuller. I get more a balloon effect 24/7 when I'm on this. When your in the gym? Forget about it. Ask someone to touch your bicep when your at the top of your rep on a preacher curl and look at their face. The density is unreal. I might also started to notice myself getting a little more cut.

The first cycle on this product and I blasted through my personal records. Especially on compound exercise's like your bench, dead lift, and squat. I honestly did a pretty bad job on my record keeping, but each went up a good 25-40 pounds by the end of the bottle. I felt more confident in my workout. It became easier to go through the weights, and rep it out..

Then, there is the recovery. Since this product is sending the nutrients from the food/shakes you take in, I really began to feel better in general. Recovery time was next to nothing, I had a better sense of well-being (I know that sounds weird but I can't explain it.) and saw my body changing.

The only side effect I can report was that (and this happened every cycle of this product) was that I would get random muscle contractions/spasms when I would just be laying in bed, sitting in class... they would only last a minute but it was very strange.

Overall: 9/10. Just love this product. The best way I can describe it is this.. (when stacked with Pink Magic, at least.) You know how when you don't see someone for a while and they say "Dude, you've gotten a lot bigger!" and you say "What? I look the same... :(" Using this product, you will SEE yourself get bigger each week. You will see your body change, and feel it change too.

What I stacked this with:
    Cycle 1: Just Pink Magic, Multi V, Fish Oil.
    Cycle 2: Pink Magic, PowerFULL, Multi V, Fish Oil.
    Cycle 3: Pink Magic, PowerFULL, Isa-Test, Kre-Alkalyn 1500, Yohimbe, Fish Oil, Multi V.
    • Serious Mass Gain
    Raptorbh12

February 13, 2010

Ok, my biggest gripe with this product is the ridiculous marketing and hype. Its a nutrient partitioner which if your diet is in check, you shouldnt even need. I ran 3 months of the Asteroid Stack as instructed by USP Labs and I changed my diet around to include more carbs to compliment the stack and I LOST strength over the course of 3 months. I could understand stagnating in my lifts but consuming excess calories and working out the way I did, There was no reason or explanation for my loss of strength. As I mentioned, Prime is a nutrient partitioner and so one should never expect significant gains from such a product. What left me with bitter feelings for USP Labs was that I actually did follow the Asteroid Stack on point for so long and spent enough money to equal several anabolic steroid stacks on the USP products alone. There was no increase in energy, no increase in strength, endurance, or anything positive that I experienced when taking Prime. Im just sorry I wasted hundreds of dollars running the stack since I was so hopeful from other peoples amazingly positive reviews only to be tremendously let down.
    Once I ceased the Asteroid Stack, I began using Animal Stak and Super Charge Xtreme N.O. again and my lifts all returned back to where they were previously in several weeks time.
    The reason I feel that some people do get very good results is that USP Labs recommends changing your diet around to compliment the supplements and this itself improves the users diets substantially and gives them gains that they fully attribute to Prime even though its a simple nutrient partitioner.
    Feel free to PM me if you have any questions regarding this review or about my usage of Prime.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Cool Colored Pills
    • Outlandishly Expensive (especially If Running A-stack)
    • Lethargy
    • Tastes Aweful
    • Zero Results.
    wjmathewsx
      February 8, 2011

I got the Bonus Size of Prime for about $40 and was a little skeptical on if I was over doing it with Pink Magic, Prime, and Anabolic Pump but I was trusting some serious research and cost comparisons that I did and decided the heck with it I'll give it one month and see what's up. Now I'm not sure I want this cycle to end. If you don't get anything else out of this review understand that you at least need to TRY this product for a bottle. I also recommend that you try it with at least Pink Magic and if you got a few extra bucks Anabolic Pump as well. I do understand that the average body builder don't got a lot of dough so get you some if you got the money and if you don't then at least give Prime a shot.

I'll be honest. I didn't notice anything the first week. Almost like that was a loading phase. At the end of week two I noticed a little bit, but where it got interesting for me was at the middle of the third week during deadlifts. I just kept adding more weight it seemed. I couldn't get enough, and during chest and tri day I was killing it and asking for more.

I love the fact that's it's all natural because being in the military I had to check around to make sure that none of this was against the reg's for me and it's not. My muscle is a lot thicker and a lot more dense than it was now 5 weeks ago. Now that I am in my fifth week I don't want it to stop. I've gotten stronger and put on a little mass in the process. Will definitely do this again.

Cost only got an 8 because I need USP to come up with 180 count bottle to match Pink Magic. Since you are pretty much taking the same dosage and one can stack these two together for even better results than there should be the same amount. In this case I ran out of Prime about 1.5 weeks earlier than Pink so that's my only complaint. Fix that and once again USP will have a GRADE A PRODUCT!
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Works Fast
    • Needs The Same Amount Of Pills As Pink Magic
    PTfootball54
      December 12, 2010

I ordered Prime as a nutrient partitioner and to help me put on some quailty mass and basicly it worked haha

Value(7/10): Prime can be a bit pricey depending on where you buy it from. I got it from AllStarHealth.com for pretty cheap compared to bb.com and GNC, but it was still a little over a dollar a day, which isnt BAD but isnt the greatest price.

Taste(8/10) im not going to spend a lot of time on this one since its a pill. it doesnt taste like anything,but if you burp after taking it you can taste the herbs in the capsule which is kind of gross.

Effectiveness(mental)(10/10): I put mental effectiveness because after 15-30 min of taking it i would get this euphoric feeling, which made me just happy and confident for around an hour or so. not like a high but just a happy-go-lucky feeling that was really nice to have.

Effectiveness(physical): heres what i wasnt expecting. throughout my cycle (of 1 bottle) i went from weighing 147, to weighing 162 by the end of the bottle. which was fantastic for me since i had been stuck at 140-150 for 2 years. and the great thing about it was i hadnt put on much fat, some but not so much that it made me out of shape looking. also throughout the day, my muscles would feel full and my vascularity increased somewhat. also the pumps in the gym were incredible and my strength gains on my olympic lifts were pretty decent as well, nothing great as far as strength gains but they were there.

Effectiveness (hunger)(6/10): While on this product my hunger didnt really increase so much, but i was able to eat more food than i was before. it wasnt like i was hungry all the time, but more of my ability to eat food increase. its kind of hard to explain...

Overall: i saw great gains while on Prime from the mental to the physical part of it. as i said before my weight increased dramatically (ive never been this heavy before) and my strength gains were increased slightly as well. i would recommend this to anyone who wants to put on clean weight not just bodybuilders, but for people who play sports (like myself), or just want a larger physique. i say if you have the money,try it out and see how you like it.
    • Serious Mass Gain
    pittburgpump
      December 1, 2009

I have enjoyed by two cycles of Prime. I must admit, I was pleasantly surprised with the results.
    Both cycles lasted 8 weeks long and I did the 69 protocol which is 6 days on, 1 day off per week. 9 caps on workout days, 6 caps on non workout days.
    The first cycle I gained 11 pounds in the 8 weeks with a large gain in strength - 45 pounds on bench & 60 pounds on squat.
    I took a 6 week break then hit Prime up again - another 7 pounds of lean mass gained (and I got a bit leaner) and bench went up 20 more pounds & squat another 25.
    So in two cycles (16 weeks total) I gained 18 pounds, got leaner, added 65 pounds to my bench and 85 pounds to my squat.
    The best part: I'VE KEPT IT ALL.
    Love how theres no hormonal crash - what I gained is what I kept - just like they promised. Of course I continued to eat properly and lift. I plan to do another cycle in about a month.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Increases Muscle Hardness & Density
    • Works Fast