Home > Categories > Vitamins > Multi-Vitamins > Universal > Animal Pak

Universal Animal Pak

Animal Pak Universal
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (135 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 92% (Trusted)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

Optimum Opti-Men Reviews
Opti-Men (83 Reviews)
9.1
USP Labs Super Cissus Rx Reviews
Super Cissus Rx (52 Reviews)
Universal Animal Omega Reviews
Animal Omega (18 Reviews)
Universal Animal Flex Reviews
Animal Flex (42 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

GNC Mega Men Sport Reviews
Mega Men Sport (49 Reviews)
Controlled Labs Orange Triad Reviews
Orange Triad (38 Reviews)
Gaspari Nutrition Anavite Reviews
Anavite (34 Reviews)
NLA Performance Frat Pack Reviews
Frat Pack (26 Reviews)

Related Forum Topics

i am burnt out on Animal Pak. Need a replacement
I have been a loyal animal pak user. How ever the  last few months its givi...

Myogenix Myovite Vs. Animal Pak?
Myogenix Myovite Vs. Animal Pak, Who has used them both and what do you think? I...

Amazon deals: 20% off MET-RX products and a deal on Animal Pak and Flex
there's a 20% off coupon you can "clip" when you buy any met-rx p...

Something I just read from an article at Universal Animal Pak
I wanted to share this small paragraph with all of you because I feel it rings c...

Stacking advise timing (dpol, animal stak, Animal Pak compound 20, erase and al
Stacking advise im curently stacking dpol, erase, animal stak, compound 20 anima...

3 Doctors told me that Animal Pak might do more harm than good
I went in for a physical the other day and my doctor commented on my 'pak p...

Animal Pak (44) fo 25 dollas on NP

Tyrosine and phenylalanine side effects problems - Animal Pak
Guys i am having animal pak which contain Tyrosine and phenylalanine (amino acid...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Animal Pak is one of the top selling multi-vitamins on the market today! Not only is it specifically formulated for top performance at the gym, it contains a comprehensive blend of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, anti-oxidants, digestive enzymes and even a performance complex.

The tried and true since the 80's, very few are disappointed by Animal Pak.

Animal Pak Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Animal Pak Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Great Muti- Vitamins. (98)
  • Has All You Nutreints (91)
  • Increased Energy (73)
  • Good Ingredient Profile (54)
  • A Lot Of Pills! (72)
  • Overwhelming To Take At First (34)
  • Horse Pills (28)
  • A Little Expensive (19)
July 19, 2013

Reviews: 46

Age: 26

July 19, 2013
The original often imitated but never duplicated!!

I have been putting off a review on animal paks for awhile, but I truly feel like I have done a disservice to this sight by not sharing my experiences with the legendary Animal Pak.

Animal pak is tried and proven, since August 8, 1983 pak has been a staple supplement for millions of hardcore lifters and athletes. How many products do you know that has been standing tall for nearly 30 years? After using this product for just short of 2 years I can honestly see what keeps people sticking with pak, two simple words "it works".

Dosing:6/10
The only knock on this product is dosing. Each pak contains 11 tablets which are huge, after awhile it simply gets annoying swallowing that many tablets. The directions for taking Pak are as followed Advanced bodybuilders, powerlifters, and athletes, take one packet 30 minutes after the meal prior to your workout. For competitions and intense training sessions take two packets daily. Take with plenty of water. Personally I just take 1 packet with breakfast each day. Even when I was prepping for my 1st bodybuilding show I stuck with just one packet. I feel like taking anymore than 1 packet a day is just unnecessary.

Profile:8/10
Animal paks are by far one of the most diverse multivitamins out there. Along with the your daily vitamins Universal has added an Amino Acid Complex, Performance Complex, Antioxidant Complex and, Digestive Enzyme Complex Now I'm not gonna sit here and list each of the ingredients in Pak because it would be overkill. but for anyone who wants to see the label refer to http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/animalpak.html.

The issue I have with this profile is its all based on two packets so if your like me and only take one packet each day you have to cut everything in half when reading the label to know what your getting. Also when comparing Animal Pak to Orange Triad there is some vitamins in Pak that is less than OT even when taking two paks. Also you will notice that none of the Animal Pak minerals are chelated. From the research I have done chelated minerals are used more easily by the body (more bioavailable) than non-chelated minerals. No matter the case Animal Pak is still top of the line in my book.

Effectiveness:8/10
With multivitamins it is hard to really gauge their effectiveness. High blood pressure runs in my family and I have always been very active but back in 2011 I went in for my yearly physical and my blood pressure was 131/86 And the PA(Physician Assistant) told me I had Prehypertension and that I needed to control my sodium intake. Any how shortly after that I began taking Animal Pak and right off the back I noticed a neon urine and my energy levels and mood simply improved. Flash forward 6 months later I'm back in the same PA'S office getting my knees checked and he takes my blood pressure and it reads 127/81 it had went down by a lot. I know it was the Animal Pak that did it because the only thing that I changed in that 6 month period was I added Animal Pak to my life.

Value:7/10 While this is my favorite multivitamin I do feel like Universal can lower the price just some especially when you look at a muilti Like Orange Triad that is around the same price that provides more vitimins per serving than Animal Pak does per packet. Animal Pak comes in two container sizes the 15 pack can and the 44 pack can. If your like me and get the 44 pack can your looking to pay around $30 a can which comes out to be around $0.66 per serving if using 1 packet per day, and $1.32 per serving if your using 2 packets per day. My advice is just stick to one pack a day its plenty.

Overall:8/10
There are plenty of multivitamins out on the market but none of them has stood the test of time like the legendary Animal Pak Vitamins. That alone is enough to keep me coming back for more. If it isn't broke don't fix it and I think that is the approach Universal has taking with Pak. At the end of the day if your looking into a multivitamin look no further animal Pak will live up to its legendary status.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Helps Blood Pressure
  • No Chelated Minerals
  • Horse Pills
DanTheManski
DanTheManski

Joined: 9/2012
Reviews: 25
Reputation: +330
When i get the chance I'll pm you. But I buy these off a site where I get 3 tubs for $51 and free shipping

Nony
Nony

Joined: 1/2013
Reviews: 12
Reputation: +265
I totally agree with every word u said!
Great review

Jpotter21

Joined: 11/2011
Reviews: 49
Reputation: +1326
Love this Multi. Hands down the only Multi that makes me feel great all of the time. Solid review broski.

Reply #5:
Glassman149
Glassman149

Joined: 1/2014
Reviews: 3
Reputation: +4
Love this product! you nailed in the head buddy. Great review

May 14, 2011

May 14, 2011
 It's somewhat hard to rate a multi-vitamin. Like how do you truely know it doing a better job than say some generic-brand multi-vitamin at the store?

One thing I use to judge multi-vitamins is the color of my urine. I know this might sound stupid, but if I get some crazy colored ***, like all neon yellow, then I know that there are a heck of a lot of vitamin B in it atleast that's causing that. So Animal-Pak totally does that, makes my *** freakin' stink too, I guess I need to consume more water, but I'm already drinking 8 bottles a day man.
I like how there are multiple pills that are heavily pressed. The idea behind this is that it is easier for your stomach to break down, compared to some all-in-one pills that are so heavily pressed that it hardly dissolved in the stomach.
-Price = Not the greatest, and if you are strapped for cash, you could get away with getting a generic brand one-a-day pill and just taking 3 of them.
-Effectiveness = I feel that AnimalPak provides a full spectrum of necessary vitamins and minerals that allow your body to be in tip-top shape.
-Pills = Yeah there are a lot of pills to take, but don't be a b!tch about it lol
-Overall = I will continue to purchase this as long as I'm not some pan-handling bum on the street and can't afford it.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Great Muti- Vitamins.
  • Has All You Nutreints
  • A Lot Of Pills!
  • A Little Expensive

Joined: 4/2011
Reputation: +879
Damn I should have proof-read this. instead of *** its supposed to be urine. and I meant to say i like how the pills AREN't heavily pressed. FML

DollarUSMC
DollarUSMC

Joined: 5/2011
Reviews: 2
Reputation: 0
Did this product give u that energy to push that extra rep?

Joined: 4/2011
Reputation: +879
I wouldn't say that this product gave me significant energy, as with most multi-vitamins, that would be somewhat of a false statement. But I will say that given its wide range of vitamins and minerals, that it allowed my muscles to operate at their best levels, thus perhaps giving me a better workout. If you are looking for energy to push that extra rep, you would want to get that from a PWO like Jack3d or 1MR

November 29, 2010

Reviews: 20

Age: 21

November 29, 2010
 Well I'm sorta on the fence about this one. I bought my canister from BodyBuilding.com for around $25 and that's with 44 servings. Universal recommends you take 2 paks per day, and I feel like this is excessive. So I took 1 pak per day with a meal (usually breakfast) for 44 consecutive days.

I'm going to be completely honest here.. Some days I would think to myself that "hey I think I might befeeling a little kick in the pants from these things" while other days I would wonder "why am I still taking these 11 pills that makes my pee neon yellow?"

I didn't have a noticeable increase in anything besides my pee turning really yellow.

I loved the packaging though. I like all of Universal's packaging I must admit. Each serving is individually packaged in its own plastic baggie so you can just open the can and just grab your pack for the day.

I'm sure it gave me additional vitamins I was missing from my diet but I like to feel or see my results. With that said, overall I wasn't satisfied with this product. Everyone on here rates it so highly, so maybe it works for others. Unfortunately it didn't do much for me.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Affordable Enough
  • Good Ingredient Profile
  • Couldn't Feel Any Changes
  • A Lot Of Pills!

Joined: 12/2010
Reviews: 13
Reputation: +68
Universal doesn't recommend 2 packs a day, but only one.

Copy paste:

FAQ #3: Do I have to take two packs a day?
No. For the majority of lifters, one pack a day will do. Elite athletes (those preparing for a bodybuilding show or a powerlifting competition, for example) should take two packs daily.

Joined: 7/2010
Reviews: 20
Reputation: +949
On the back of the can, one serving is 2 packs. That's all I was saying...

Joined: 12/2010
Reviews: 13
Reputation: +68
It's another thing the Supplement Facts and another one the Recommended Usage.

On the back of the can, under the Supplement Facts you can also read the section "Dosage". You will see that Universal recommends 1 packet for the vast majority of consumers.

Boonelifter
Boonelifter

Joined: 1/2011
Reviews: 3
Reputation: +12
Will this prduct help me if i already get proper nutrient's or is it useless?

Reply #5:
LordShader
LordShader

Joined: 10/2011
Reputation: -6
I AM AGREE WITH IamAlex... Universal does a "big bang" noise with this and some other products but in real world things works by other ways... I used the 15 packs and i was expecting a little more of it. A serving size is two packs what means that we must take 22 pills in a day and i think that this is too much.I must say that multivitamins are too weak if you are a medium or an advanced lifter and only we must take it if we have very much money but i you do not have you can use cell tech or Serious Mass or so and you can see real changes "at the mirror"... I am peeing neon yellow like him says too but in my next review i will be sharper with this details...

Reply #6:
Bharath007
Bharath007

Joined: 7/2012
Reviews: 4
Reputation: -3
Iam taking centrum multivitamin tablets,iam intersted in taking this animal pak or is it better to stick with the same old multivitamin?

Reply #7:
jreyes
jreyes

Joined: 3/2014
Reviews: 0
Reputation: 0
http://www.livestrong.com/article/353383-are-liquid-vitamins-absorbed-any-better-than-pill-vitamins/ Quit wasting your money to pay for the extra pills you have to take! check out one of the most powerful liquid Multivitamins available right now at jreyes277.vemma.com

And check out the clinically studied formula here! http://www.vemma.com/science/

October 9, 2010

Reviews: 106

Age: 22

October 9, 2010
 Writing my review for PM I realized I haven't reviewed my favourite supp! Silly me...
Anyhow I really love this supp, I run it whenever I can and its all but a staple in my cuboard...money keeps it from being a staple.
There's alotta pills to take...but don't dispare! They pair up easy, and you can take em in 2s save for the Monster pills. You do notice a boost of energy from this, nothing major but more of an alert feeling. Which is great.
You don't notice much else, cuz its not designed to do that. Its a vitamin...the best one mind you. What really floors you is what's in the pak. Reading the label can be daunting...but try. The Pak has everything you need...EVERYTHING. has amino acids, liver support, and yer standard vitamins all in large quantities. Obviously built for someone serious about performance. Could it be you?
The price is OK. About $40 or so, but for 44 paks its about right. I'd gladly pay more, but I am a college student. I haven't doubled up the servings like it suggests, but I plan on doing so next time around. You just take one with a meal and one pre or post workout...can't remember which. Taking one a day makes it last longer, and is more than enough. But if you can try taking two a day.
Once you've tried the Pak you won't go back! (came up that one all by myself) Everything else just seems OK, but it doesn't seem to measure up. I don't think I can push the Pak any harder...GET YOURS!!!!
Pros:
Cons:
  • Has Good Liver Support
    zenjiros
    zenjiros

Joined: 10/2010
    Reviews: 2
    Reputation: +6
    I hate to have to ruin your image of Animal Pak, but it is quite far from being the best or most comprehensive multivitamin product on the market, and therefore certainly does not have everything one needs. Please see the following points:

1. Herbal ingredient information displayed in the formula does not include a standardization percentage for active compounds. This is important.

2. Boron is absent from the formula. Do some research on boron if you are unsure as to its vital role in the human body.

3. A one pak-a-day dose does not provide many of the ingredients listed in sufficient amounts for a hard-training athlete.

4. The form of calcium present in Animal Pak is not directly listed, which is suspicious. If it is 2 grams of cheap calcium carbonate, which is barely absorbed at all by the average human body, then I can see why Universal would want to hide the information. Shame on them if this is the case. Judging from Animal Pak's "Other Ingredients" list, it would appear to me that calcium carbonate does comprise the majority of the formula's calcium content.

5. The "Amino Acid Complex" warrants little merit, as every amino acid is present in insufficient amounts.

6. Even at a two pak-a-day dose, the amount of Coenzyme Q-10 is woefully underdosed, especially if it is present in the multivitamin in the cheaper ubiquinone form. To net any considerable benefit from CoQ10 supplementation, one should be supplementing at least 30 mg a day. At a one pak-a-day dose, Animal Pak provides a paltry 2.5 mg dose.

7. Most researchers recommend a daily dose for lutein of at least 6 to 10 mg per day. Animal Pak contains a mere 1 mg in a full two pak-a-day serving.

8. Nutritional science experts often recommend a daily dose of 10-30 mg of lycopene a day to support optimal health. Animal Pak contains only 1 mg of lycopene in a full serving.

9. The price for 15 servings of an incomplete, underdosed formula is quite high.

Joined: 8/2009
    Reviews: 106
    Reputation: +2797
    @zenjiros
    Worked well for me and the vast majority of other users here.
    And if its not the most comprehensive then what is?

May 9, 2010

MMAFreak

Reviews: 40

Age: 26

May 9, 2010
     This product has been around for over thirty years for good reason. In my opinion it is the best multi vitamin on the market for serious athletes because it covers every thing that you need on a daily basis to preform. Not only do you get all your essential vitamins and minerals but you get the added bonus of amino acids,digestive enzymes, anti oxidants, and even some liver protection. For me the digestive enzymes just seem to make a big difference in how I feel and in my opinion are an essential for anyone eating a high protein diet and the added bonus of liver protectors like milk thistle are always good for people who take supplements that are hard on the liver too.(which is many of us here at SR.com) There are two things that I don't like about paks and that is the fact that there are a lot of pills to take and the price is pretty high. Using the method of taking two paks on heavy training days and one on off and light days a can will typically last me about a month. You can find them for about 22 bucks at the cheapest I have ever seen them, which isn't terrible per month cost, but is a bit higher than other multis and the reason I only give it a 9 on value. Luckily I have the budget to always keep paks as a staple in my supplement arsenal and I am glad that I do, because I love these things. If you can afford them I recommend them, and I am certainly not alone in that department.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Most Comprehensive Multi-vitamin On The Market
    • A Little Expensive
    beastmode7
    beastmode7

Joined: 3/2010
    Reviews: 17
    Reputation: +149
    My bad brotha... I'm doing this from my phone and meant to click like. Dang f me haha but I agree with you, I love this stuff but just so many darn pills

redparadox
    redparadox

Joined: 4/2012
    Reputation: +1
    good review indeed. My bro and I use these sparingly. but jeez... you're right it is alot of pills... way TOO much lol

March 2, 2010

Manimal

Reviews: 55

Age: 19

March 2, 2010
     Just finished my first can. I never really cared about multi vitamins until the word on the grape vine caught up to me and told me its actually a pretty big deal when trying to build lean muscle. So i went out and bought a stack for winter since that is when i start my bulking stage. I dont think im old enough for the Asteroid Stack so i went with a mix and match stack developed by me, based on my past experiences with these supplements. USP Labs- Jack3d, MHP- Dark Matter, Gaspari- Plasma Jet, GNC Amp creatine, GNC Amp Wheybolic and of course the Animal Pak. I dunno how to really explain it but i just looked healthier while taking the Animal Pak and still do. I mean i just look in the mirror and i look healthier all together. I look leaner thats for sure and i managed to put on 6 pounds of solid muscle this winter with this stack. The steady clean energy throughout the day is pretty nice and is has soooo much nutrients. It even has your Milk Thistle for all you guys out there that wanna keep the liver healthy and like taking allotta supps like myself. The price is awesome, its dirt cheap. I got 44 servings for 22 bucks online. It is indeed 11 pills every morning but i got used to it after a week. Give it a whirl!

Joined: 4/2010
    Reviews: 54
    Reputation: +981
    i'm currently on the gnc mega men sport multi, when i run out of them i'm going to give animal pak a try. ive heard good things about them, expect for the fact its a lot of pills. but thats how all of Animals prodcuts are..multis are defiantly important and should be a staple in everybody's diet.

Joined: 4/2010
    Reviews: 54
    Reputation: +981
    Except*

Joined: 6/2010
    Reputation: +6
    question... why did you say you don't think you're old enough for asteroid stack but ok with Animal Pak? thanks!

Joined: 6/2010
    Reputation: +6
    ok I confused Animal Pak with Animal Stak for a minute. Pak is just vitamins. Sorry.

March 15, 2009

Raptorbh12

Reviews: 62

March 15, 2009
     This product blows me away with everything it covers nutritionally. I have my EFA's my EAA's milk thistle, arginine, multi-vitamin, natural test boosters, and digestive helpers to break down all 11 pills. Recommended for any serious lifter.
    LUVSUPPS
    LUVSUPPS

Joined: 3/2009
    Reviews: 19
    Reputation: -50
    Animal Pak is dosed way to low in Aminos to make any difference. I take 15 grams of BCAA's daily that's why you gotta take Seperates and not rely on a multi vitamin for these kinds of things. To get full benefit from Animal Pak you need 2 packs a day so 22 days for around $25 isn't to great. This vitamin uses cheap forms of vitamins.

gavinq1983
    gavinq1983

Joined: 4/2009
    Reviews: 8
    Reputation: -14
    I agree for the most part but all one a day multi's use cheap ways to produce. So unless you feel like forking over big money for a whole foods multi animal pak in my opinion is the way to go.

January 7, 2014

Stammbo

Age: 42

January 7, 2014
    Animal rules the iron jungle!

Let me start by saying I am a fan of Universal products, especially the Animal line! It's my favorite line. I'm a military officer, and I NEVER deploy without a supply of Animal Pak. If for no other reason than MRE's are nothing but calories, and I can't psychologically exist without knowing what vitamins I'm taking in.

Now, I've used this product on and off for as long as I can remember. I don't know if it actually helps at all, or it's just my piece of mind, but whichever I still use it. I never take 2 packs though, one per day is enough I feel to make sure I'm getting all my vitamins and minerals.

Yes, you have to swallow a ton of pills, but I figure that has to be more effective than a multi that claims they crammed all of that into one pill.

I take this with my morning protein shake, normally Animal Max, which does not have much of a vitamin/mineral profile. I do not take this with a MRP like Muscle Milk, which does contain vitamins and minerals. This is overkill IMHO.

There are several other packs out there. I suggest you try and find the one for you. For me, I'll stick with Animal.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • Great Muti- Vitamins.
    • Has All You Nutreints
    • Most Comprehensive Multi-vitamin On The Market
    • Good Ingredient Profile
    • A Lot Of Pills!
    • Not Sure Which Pill Does What
    December 4, 2013

Massivemouse

Age: 29

December 4, 2013
    what is there to say

Animal pak has been a staple in my supplement regiment for years as it should be in yours. Our bodies cannot digest all vitamins and minerals the same way or at the same time so why put them all in one capsule? with different time released capsules and pills and its easy to use and travel safe packs this makes for the best multi vitamin on the market. I feel better and notice I do not get sick as often when I take these. Also as a previous GNC employee (yeah i know it sucks. but I needed a job) you learn very quick that many vitamin companies could care less and just because the label says thats whats in it does not mean your body will absorb it. Animal pak has been around since 83. that has to say something. Take out the guessing do yourself a favor and pick this up every month. It will also help with other supplements and their availability to the body.
    Pros:
    Cons:
    • You Get Used To Taking Them Quickly
    • Has Good Liver Support
    • Affordable Enough
      October 29, 2013

BigBurns

Reviews: 4

October 29, 2013
      Pills galore

This product is the real deal. I like how it is a nice blend and has plenty of good things in it to keep you healthy and feeling great. There are some drawbacks though. When on this I pee neon colors from all the excess vitamins that do not absorb. I also feel like it is too many pills to take. It is seriously hard to stomach some times. If you can get it down buy it if not try optimen it seemed to work similar with less pills.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Great Muti- Vitamins.
      • A Lot Of Pills!
      • Horse Pills
      • Stomach Discomfort

Have you used Animal Pak? Submit your own Review!