Animal Pak Reviews

By: Universal

Overall Score   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #3 of 26 (better than 92%) in
Health & Wellbeing > Multi-Vitamins

Animal Pak is a Multi-Vitamin manufactured by Universal. It is designed to help provide the body with a wide array of micro nutrients that are vital for optimal health. It could be described as an 'insurance policy' to ensure that you're getting all of your vitamins and minerals but it is still crucial to eat a balanced diet.
COMPARE SIMILAR

NicoHeart
  February 17, 2016

----Introduction----
My expectations were met with this product. There is not a hugely noticeable physique change but then again a multivitamin shouldn't be relied on for physique enhancement. Well done and complete, I feel that this multi covers more bases than most others on the market, a good buy.

----Ingredient Profile----
For me to list each ingredient specifically with the dosage and efficacious dosing amounts would make this review a book, so if you are that interested in the nitty gritty check them all out for yourself. But anyways, the point is that not everything is in an effective dosage per single pak, however this is a supportive supplement and not a standalone. I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THE ONLY SOURCE OF MICRONUTRIENTS YOU CONSUME.

The ingredient list on the Animal Pak is enough to make your head spin. That is not to say that this is a dusted product, it isn't. A typical multi only contains the typical "alphabet" vitamins and a small dusting of other things like calcium, iron, iodine, zinc, and some other essentials in low doses. Animal pak has all of the basics included along with extras. Also included are an Amino Acid complex containing the BCAA's and EAA's imperative for protein synthesis and others which have related and supporting functions. The Performance Complex that supports the biological processes that need to take place for an athlete to do their best. The Antioxidant Complex that has a list of ingredients that are in place to help keep the body healthy against stressors both from within and from the outside. And the Digestive Enzyme Complex which is a bonus. What good are all the healthy nutrients you're taking in if you can't use them?

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
The pak is all pills so there isn't really a taste unless you have a hard time getting them down. Although per single pak there are 11 pills to swallow, so if you are bad with pills, good luck.

The dosing is varied, on the supplement facts all of the numbers are based on 2 paks but if you search around you'll notice that many users typically only take one and it works just as well for them. Find what works best for you. The label does include a notice that says in normal training seasons only one pak a day is necessary but for truly hardcore athletes who are on an extremely rough training regimen for competitive purposes it is recommended to take 2 paks a day spaced apart by a few hours.

----Effectiveness----
I'd say that the effectiveness of this multi is great. I don't feel like it is the magic ticket to health and fitness but as long as training is intense, recovery is a priority, and diet is in check, this is definitely a supporter in all around health and athletic performance.

----Value----
Animal pak is a little pricey, especially if you are on the 2 paks a day. a 15 pak goes for $15 and a 44 pak goes for about $27. The 44 pak is definitely the way to go. I will argue though, each pak contains 11 pills each so in all honesty I believe this is a fair asking price for what you get.

----Side Effects----
One and only side effect I've seen is that pee turns a nice neon yellow/green color. Do not fret, this is just extra vitamins showing in your pee, you are not going to grow an extra set of eyes anywhere, nor gain superpowers.

----Conclusion----
As far as multivitamins can go, I believe that Animal Pak is the most comprehensive of any of the multis out there. Even though it is a lot to swallow and can be a strain on the wallet it really is worth it.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Most Comprehensive Multi-vitamin On The Market
  • Good Ingredient Profile
  • Affordable Enough
  • Look Shut Up And Swallow It Whiner
Isuma
  November 14, 2015

----Introduction----

Hey guys. So this is the vitamin. I've been lifting for about ten years now and about five months ago switched from bodybuilding to crossfitting. I have always believed in the multi-vitamin and even more so since I started sweating buckets at the gym. I've tried numerous multis; Mega Man Sport from GNC, NOW's Adam, Airborne Immune Plus, Arnold's Iron Pack (currently running a box of this again) and a few store brand vitamins. I always come back to Animal Pak. Every time.

----Ingredient Profile----

The necessity of a Multi cannot be ignored. I simply cannot eat enough food to replenish the micro nutrients I loose when I work out. If you work hard, you need a multi. The reason I keep coming back to Animal Pak is it's profile. It is not just a multi, it's an igniter! There are not just vitamins and minerals in here; there's BCAA's, Enzymes, Liver protectors and antioxidants. Pyridoxine alpha-ketoglutarate (PAK), carnitine, lipotropics, L-arginine, alpha lipoic acid, eleuthero, these are not typical vitamins, these are performance enhancers. The enzyme cluster helps activate other supplements and metabolic processes to keep you growing! Milk Thistle to keep your liver protected (the good doctors suggest between 160-800mg, the Pak sits on the low end at 250mg per pak). The BCAA list is impressive but they to are dosed a little on the low side. If you really wanted to supplement with extra BCAA's you'd be taking a extra supp anyways. Point is this supplement is incredibly comprehensive and well thought out.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Could not be easier. Take out a pak with breakfast and down eleven pills. No problem. The pills taste...well...I imagine if I want to a creek and picked a stone out of the water and chewed on it that they would taste a lot like that. You swallow them right down anyways so no big deal. Two things of note:
First - the dosages listed on the side are for TWO paks, not one. One pak is enough for most of us. Two if you're going all out at the gym...or weigh 350lbs of solid mass.
Second - So the body soaks up the most nutrients right after you work out. Well I thought that was the perfect time take a multi. Thought it would be a smart thing to take it with my shake. Thought it would be a smart thing to blend in the vitamins with my shake. Thought it was a a smart way to create in instant delivery system. I thought wrong. So. So. So. Wrong. Liquefied vitamins are beyond nasty. It was horrible, the after taste still haunts me. The delivery system worked though! I had the shakes for six hours!

----Effectiveness----

If your body is the fire burning at the gym, Animal Pak is the match. It turbo's your immune system; I have not once gotten sick (not even a cold) while taking this supplement. Not. Once. Years of taking it, years of paying attention and I have only come down with something between cans or if I was taking another supplement. My results in the gym are better on this. It's difficult to measure the effectiveness of this with certainty but I once ran an experiment of the Pak vs NOW's Adam. Size wasn't all that affected but my strength gains were a little better on the Pak and I felt better for those 44 days. I feel good all the time on this, healthier. All the assurance I need.

----Value----
A can containing 44 paks can be had for $23.00. You can find a lot more multis for far less but you get far less out of them. If you're looking for "Vitamins and Minerals" this is a great supplement that you will be paying far too much for. If you're looking for a body igniter that will give you all the Vit's and Min's you need plus an incredibly comprehensive profile of other ingredients to prime your body for some serious work, the Pak has you covered for a very fair price.

----Side Effects----

Like all strong multis. Your urine will glow in the dark. That Riboflavin (B2) turns you radioactive and results in neon yellow urine. If you really use your imagination it's almost like you're pissing out red bull...actually ingredient wise you might not be far off...

----Conclusion----
This the alpha supplement. The beginning of your stack should start with a good multi. The beginning of a great stack should start with Animal Pak, it will make your other supplements all the more effective. I cannot say enough good things about this supplement. After Animal Flex this is probably my favorite. The second I finish my Arnold Iron Pack I will be coming back to the Big Daddy and I will probably never leave again.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Most Comprehensive Multi-vitamin On The Market
    Feeds
      September 30, 2014

Results: I give an 8/10 because I feel it did just what it advertised and I'm fairly new to the supplement world. I choose Univerals Animal Pak over any others I've tried, " Orange triad or GNC Megaman, because the others made my joints hurt... strange.

Taste: 5/10 . It's pills.. some are very large "horse" pills..but the taste is well they are pills..

Side effects: None noted, well maybe trouble swallowing but simply because the pills are so numerous and large

Dosing: 7/10. The tin says 2/day. I take only 1, I've considered moving it to 2 but I feel it might be a waste of vitamins as my urine after taking is discolored but eventually resolves it self as I drink upwards of 1.5 Gal of water daily. So I felt 2 packs a day would be alittle over kill.

value: 8/10. 44 packs for 28$ that's about .65/dose unless one takes the recoomended dose of 2 packs a day so 22 packs for 28$ at 1.30/dose. it's arguable. But I say it's worth it.

Over all: 8/10. I rate this high mainly because I like the product but also because I dont' have alot to rate against it.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Muti- Vitamins.
    • Has All You Nutreints
    • Good Ingredient Profile
    • A Lot Of Pills!
    • Horse Pills
    • Overwhelming To Take At First
    Stammbo
    Rep: -46
      January 7, 2014

Let me start by saying I am a fan of Universal products, especially the Animal line! It's my favorite line. I'm a military officer, and I NEVER deploy without a supply of Animal Pak. If for no other reason than MRE's are nothing but calories, and I can't psychologically exist without knowing what vitamins I'm taking in.

Now, I've used this product on and off for as long as I can remember. I don't know if it actually helps at all, or it's just my piece of mind, but whichever I still use it. I never take 2 packs though, one per day is enough I feel to make sure I'm getting all my vitamins and minerals.

Yes, you have to swallow a ton of pills, but I figure that has to be more effective than a multi that claims they crammed all of that into one pill.

I take this with my morning protein shake, normally Animal Max, which does not have much of a vitamin/mineral profile. I do not take this with a MRP like Muscle Milk, which does contain vitamins and minerals. This is overkill IMHO.

There are several other packs out there. I suggest you try and find the one for you. For me, I'll stick with Animal.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Muti- Vitamins.
    • Has All You Nutreints
    • Most Comprehensive Multi-vitamin On The Market
    • Good Ingredient Profile
    • A Lot Of Pills!
    • Not Sure Which Pill Does What
    line6reed
      July 19, 2013

I have been putting off a review on animal paks for awhile, but I truly feel like I have done a disservice to this sight by not sharing my experiences with the legendary Animal Pak.

Animal pak is tried and proven, since August 8, 1983 pak has been a staple supplement for millions of hardcore lifters and athletes. How many products do you know that has been standing tall for nearly 30 years? After using this product for just short of 2 years I can honestly see what keeps people sticking with pak, two simple words "it works".

Dosing:6/10
    The only knock on this product is dosing. Each pak contains 11 tablets which are huge, after awhile it simply gets annoying swallowing that many tablets. The directions for taking Pak are as followed Advanced bodybuilders, powerlifters, and athletes, take one packet 30 minutes after the meal prior to your workout. For competitions and intense training sessions take two packets daily. Take with plenty of water. Personally I just take 1 packet with breakfast each day. Even when I was prepping for my 1st bodybuilding show I stuck with just one packet. I feel like taking anymore than 1 packet a day is just unnecessary.

Profile:8/10
    Animal paks are by far one of the most diverse multivitamins out there. Along with the your daily vitamins Universal has added an Amino Acid Complex, Performance Complex, Antioxidant Complex and, Digestive Enzyme Complex Now I'm not gonna sit here and list each of the ingredients in Pak because it would be overkill. but for anyone who wants to see the label refer to http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/animalpak.html.

The issue I have with this profile is its all based on two packets so if your like me and only take one packet each day you have to cut everything in half when reading the label to know what your getting. Also when comparing Animal Pak to Orange Triad there is some vitamins in Pak that is less than OT even when taking two paks. Also you will notice that none of the Animal Pak minerals are chelated. From the research I have done chelated minerals are used more easily by the body (more bioavailable) than non-chelated minerals. No matter the case Animal Pak is still top of the line in my book.

Effectiveness:8/10
    With multivitamins it is hard to really gauge their effectiveness. High blood pressure runs in my family and I have always been very active but back in 2011 I went in for my yearly physical and my blood pressure was 131/86 And the PA(Physician Assistant) told me I had Prehypertension and that I needed to control my sodium intake. Any how shortly after that I began taking Animal Pak and right off the back I noticed a neon urine and my energy levels and mood simply improved. Flash forward 6 months later I'm back in the same PA'S office getting my knees checked and he takes my blood pressure and it reads 127/81 it had went down by a lot. I know it was the Animal Pak that did it because the only thing that I changed in that 6 month period was I added Animal Pak to my life.

Value:7/10 While this is my favorite multivitamin I do feel like Universal can lower the price just some especially when you look at a muilti Like Orange Triad that is around the same price that provides more vitimins per serving than Animal Pak does per packet. Animal Pak comes in two container sizes the 15 pack can and the 44 pack can. If your like me and get the 44 pack can your looking to pay around $30 a can which comes out to be around $0.66 per serving if using 1 packet per day, and $1.32 per serving if your using 2 packets per day. My advice is just stick to one pack a day its plenty.

Overall:8/10
    There are plenty of multivitamins out on the market but none of them has stood the test of time like the legendary Animal Pak Vitamins. That alone is enough to keep me coming back for more. If it isn't broke don't fix it and I think that is the approach Universal has taking with Pak. At the end of the day if your looking into a multivitamin look no further animal Pak will live up to its legendary status.

• Helps Blood Pressure
    • No Chelated Minerals
    Gkeezy
      June 18, 2013

I cannot believe I did not review this product. This has been a staple for me for the last year. Fantastic multi-vitamin. I will be breaking it down for all of you so bear with me as this review might get a little long and winded.

A little pre-face first, I am stacking this with Animal Flex & Stak, so its providing me with the right amount of nutrients to boost the effects of Stak and Flex.

VALUE: 7/10 - You get 44 servings, that's if you stick to one pack a day. I usually get this at allstarhealth for around $26. This is a fantastic value. The bottle recommends that you do 2 packs a day, but you have to be serious bodybuilder to need that much nutrients in your body. 1 pack a day does a fantastic job.

INGREDIENTS: 9/10 - As you all know there are 11 horse sized pills for this product. I personally cannot swallow all the pills at the same time, so I usually take the big ones by themselves, and follow quickly down with the rest of the smaller pills.

I will not go into detail of what each pill contains but I will just generally describe what each pill does from biggest to smallest:

1. B-Complex
    8. Mega-T
    9. Vitamin A&D
    10. Ginseng
    11. Digestive Aid

As you can see this profile is fantastic, and the percentages for all of these pills is through the roof. Again, you can check the nutrition label for exactly how much is in each pill.

USAGE: 10/10 - This is very simple. You take 1 pack after a big meal. The reason you want to take it on a full stomach, is because you want your body to slowly absorb all the pills with the digestion of your foods. If you take this on an empty stomach, you will notice that your *** is neon green and smells toxic. Even though the smell is still there even on a full stomach, the color is much lighter, and is not being ***ed out of your system. You want your body to ingest as many of the nutrients as possible.

TASTE: 8/10 - When you open the container the pills smell god awful. You can smell them through the clear plastic pouch. Its pretty bad. But when you swallow them you can hardly taste much. Sometimes just need to hold your breath for a split second when taking these, so you don't throw up from the smell. But what do you expect when these things are packed with so many good nutrients that are vital to your body.

EFFECTIVENESS: 9/10 - I am not sure how I would judge effectiveness of a multi vitamin but I will just describe how I felt on this and when not taking this. First, the digestive complex is fantastic. Really helps me keep the bloating of a heavy meal down to a minimum. Furthermore, soon after you will feel a small burst of good energy. Nothing like pre workout but as if you've had a deep sleep and you are waking up rested kind of energy. Its def great. This has a fantastic liver support which is always great. What I noticed most about this product is when I took it in the early afternoon with food, and then a few hours later took Flex & Stak, it really increased the effects of stak for me. I felt stronger and more energetic then ever.

OVERALL: 8/10 - This is a fantastic multi vitamin with a ton of good nutrients optimal for your body. Sure there are a ton of pills, and at first you need a week or so getting used to the smells and taking so many peoples, but let me tell you, once you get past all this, you will never go to another multi vitamin thats 1-2 pills again. This stuff, hands down works. Def recommend it to others.
    • Price
    • Overwhelming To Take At First
    WetSprocket
      February 26, 2013

It seems a bit difficult to explain a multi-vitamin pack and how it benefits anyone and how your results are going had you not taken them and while you take them.

The simple fact of this one is that Animal Packs have a plethora of valuable vitamins needed to sustain a health functions within the body. I have taken these every day typically in the morning (unless for some reason I forget then I take them after the gym).

In all I'm just saying I have and will continue to use the Animal Pack in conjunction with all my other cycles.
    ____________________________________________

There really isn't anything that the Animal Pack lacks. I could make some arguments on some quantities of one thing or another but the generalized concepts of taking a multi-vitamin over not taking one is simple; your body uses chemical reactions in regulating the functions your body goes through. Not taking a multi-vitamin can lead to deficiencies really quickly if you work out on a regular basis. If you're someone who takes two of these pill packs a day that's fine; I personally think you can find value in some other products. Just pick and choose either morning or after a workout. I have found that they do awesome things for you if you take them after you work out at night. I still prefer taking them in the morning though. With any vitamins you're going to need to maintain you water intake and in some cases increase it.

I am still giving it a good rating because it's difficult to rate how taking this over another multi-vitamin is really any better. The idea and effect of taking a multi-vitamin is still important. The body really ages better when you implement vitamins into your daily routine. (Even if those multi-vitamins are the gummies from the store.) I actually started making my mom take gummies because I can't get her to take the pills. If you want to understand that more just have to think or read up on absorption rates of vitamins that you mix in water, pills, and gummies.

Yes, 8's all around. The value is hard to depict. Someone's diet may provide them with many of the nutrients they need and are only deficient in small areas; thus Animal Pack doesn't seem like a cost effective venture for you. So value is really dependent on your overall diet. I believe taking them in the morning and getting it in will give you a good boost after you fasted all night.
    _____________________________________________

Now all that said there is some concern that some pills lower test levels. I simply don't know this to be true. Supposedly, the darkest pill is the liver pill and the yellowish pill without the dots is an enzyme pill. Now this is as much as I understand and some people choose to omit these pills. The reason is the liver pill may cause lower test levels, and the enzyme pill is believed to be bad for overall health.

I personally don't omit any of the pills, but in order to be as unbiased and field both sides I felt it is important to share. You can choose to use all the pills or take out these two. Neither case is difficult.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Muti- Vitamins.
    • Has All You Nutreints
    • Good Ingredient Profile
    • Affordable Enough
    • Horse Pills
    • Not Sure Which Pill Does What
    ztrogers52
      February 21, 2013

I have taken so many cans of Animal Pak over the years that I lost track long ago. I feel confident in giving this product the highest rating possible, because it is the only Multi/training pack that I FEEL a noticeable difference when taking. This improved feeling and great nutrient profile is especially useful on a cut, when your body is receiving less nutrients and fuel than it is used to.

DOSEAGE/TASTE: 8/10

They are pills, so no taste issues, but there are many pills in one pak, which for some people can make consumption difficult. I like that Animal Pak comes with multiple pills that are less compressed, rather than one or two highly compressed pills, as I think it helps with absorption. When bulking or eating at maintenance I take 1 Pak per day, when cutting I take 2 paks.

INGREDIENT PROFILE: 10/10

Animal Pak has everything that any serious lifter needs out of a multi, and a little bit more. Each Pak has 3g of protein which is nice, and has a digestive complex which aids in absorption. Throw in some milk thistle for liver health, and Hawthorn Berry for blood pressure support as well. The amino acid profile is solid, especially at 2 paks per day. My only request would be that Universal put in a bit more Vitamin D3, as I have to take an additional stand alone D3 supplement.

EFFECT: 10/10

I have taken a slew of multis over the years, and Animal Pak is the only one that I can actually notice a difference when I take it, compared to when I don't. I have more energy throughout the day, my mood is better, and my recovery is better. I can't ask for much more out of any supplement.

VALUE: 9/10

I have an Amazon subscription to this product, which results in a delivery of a 44 pak can every 2 months at a price of $19.50 per can. I think this is a great value, but I recognize that most places carry it for closer to $28 per can, which is still good but not as great. The main reason I have value so high is that the results are so good that they bring the value up despite the cost.

OVERALL: 10/10

This is the best multi/training pack on the market, and it has been for some time. I love Animal Pak and I plan on taking it forever. Despite the cost at some retailers, Animal Pak is worth the price and you will not regret purchasing The Pak! I highly recommend Animal Pak to all of my fellow lifters.
    SergioPLR12
      January 15, 2013

I got used to reading as much reviews as possible before buying a product, and the Animal Pak was no exception. Before taking it, I was a little annoyed by the fact that there are 11 pills you have to swallow, but when I started I actually didn't mind. The trick is to swallow the biggest one at first, so that the other ones just slide down easily. Right when I finished my first tub I knew this was one of those MUST HAVE products on my daily bases.

Most notable changes:

1 - Strength: This for me was the biggest change, right when I started taking it I gained some pounds(kilos, in my country)and gained tons of strenght and endurance throughout my training. Also started lifting more than I could imagine at first.

2 - Energy: I instantly realised that my energy troughout the day and during my training session was really good.

Overall this is one of my favorite products in the bodybuilding market, I recommend it to
    everyone out there who is taking training seriously and wants to take their sessions to
    the next level.

Greetings from Peru!

SergioPL12
    • You Get Used To Taking Them Quickly
    ozgymstar
    Rep: -14
      December 10, 2012

value: 7
    $69.95 for 44 packs is not too bad for how much you get compared to other Universal Paks where you get only 21-24 packs for the same price.

ingredient profile: 8
    i really liked that i was getting more than a multi vitamin but i also got added amino acids,Antioxidants, Digestive Enzymes and even basic body function ingredients like UNI liver. i felt like the 69.95 was worth it for how much i would receive in each tin.

taste: -
    no taste just pills. every one complained about how big the pills are at my store but i found them fine.

Effectiveness:8
    have to say i felt very refreshed and felt 'clean' energy through out the day just from taking this. its hard to say how i felt but i felt more refreshed from the antioxidants but it seem to chance how my body felt through out the day.

side effects:
    might get the odd pill burp from taking these but not that bad.

overall: 8
    i took this twice on my bulk and my cut and both times it worked well for me. on my cut i felt less tired from low calories and when bulking i just felt that i could digest food a lot better. i took this for 2 weeks with M-stak and took it all pre-workout. was a great product. would buy again cant go wrong with Universal!
    • Good Ingredient Profile

Copyright © 2016 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.