Animal Pak Reviews

By: Universal

Health & Wellbeing > Multi-Vitamins
Animal Pak is a Multi-Vitamin manufactured by Universal. It is designed to help provide the body with a wide array of micro nutrients that are vital for optimal health. It could be described as an 'insurance policy' to ensure that you're getting all of your vitamins and minerals but it is still crucial to eat a balanced diet.

November 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Has All You Nutreints
  • Good Amount Of Vit C And B Complex
  • Affordable Enough
  • Has Good Liver Support
  • Most Comprehensive Multi-vitamin On The Market
  • Many Ingredients Are Underdosed

This legendary supplement has been around since the early 1980s. It's more than just a multi-vitamin. These "Paks" are commonplace in nearly every gym, if you keep your eyes open. Even if your diet is on point and your routine is solid, these are still a "must have."

Hi all. I'm in my late 30s and this review is based on my very first run of Animal Pak which I just completed. I remember back in high school, seeing the "yellow can" at the gym and again in college. It was always the "beasts" that had the Animal Paks so I assumed it was a supplement for bodybuilders. After all these years, I finally started researching the Pak and finally after reading reviews on this site, I decided to give it a try, so here we go....

I'm not going to list every single ingredient, as this thing is LOADED and has been reviewed many times. Here's what I think is important:

On the multi vitamin side you get the classics - A, C, D, E, B6 and B12. All are dosed in amounts well over the daily value.
Staying on the vitamin and mineral side you've also got Copper, Zinc (I love Zinc, great for colds, stomach woes, and just immune system in general), Magnesium (Many people, men in particular, don't get enough Magnesium), Calcium, Biotin, Iodine and many other of the "usual suspects" in most multi-vitamins.

Amino Acid Profile - This is where Animal Pak begins to separate itself from most of the competition:
174 mg of Glutamine (this is a smaller dose than you'd like for strictly a Glutamine supplement but this isn't strictly a glutamine supplement)
1213mg of Arganine, 279 mg Alanine, Proline (203 mg), Serline (250 mg - very underrated AA - helps with moods/serotonin production).
BCAAs and EAAs: Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine (I love Lysine. If you are prone to getting cold sores, take this daily, and you'll barely ever get them), Valine

"Performance Complex" - Carnitine (25mg), Milk Thistle, Hawthorne Berry, "Uni-liver blend" (Liver, beef protein isolate - 4200 mg)

Antioxidants: ALA (Alpha Lipoic Acid -100 mg), Pine Bark Extract (200mg), Kelp( Nutrients and vitamins up the wazoo in Kelp, 10 mg here), Lutein, Lycopene, and a few others

Lastly, "Digestive Enzyme Complex"
Bromelain 100 mg, Inulin 250 mg(I love inulin. Great for your gut. Feeds "good bacteria" and prevents "bad bacteria" in your gut), Lipase 10 mg

Individually, you might look at some of the dosages and think "those are little underdosed" but keep in mind that their goal here is to give you at least a decent amount of basically everything your body really needs. Like I said above, if I'm looking for more glutamine, I'll take a glutamine sup or if I want more Lysine, I'll take a lysine sup.

So, as we all know, there's 11 pills in each "pak." One serving is 2 paks (so keep in mind the ingredients described above are referring to a full serving/2 paks). I took 1 pak per day as I am not a bodybuilder and not competing. There's really only one pill that I would call a "horse" pill. The rest are fairly normal. If you take pills with any regularity, these will be no different. I think some people have issues when they try to take a few at a time. I would mostly take them 2 at a time and I was fine. I took these in the morning while eating breakfast and drink a lot of water with them.

I did not have any bloodwork done when I was running the Animal Pak so I don't know the effectiveness from a scientific standpoint but I do know these worked. Prior to these I had not taken a multi-vitamin with any consistency for many, many years. Every once in a while I will take some of my 4 year old son's gummy vitamins (because they taste good). So, I experienced an overall better feeling in terms of my "well being" every day. I definitely was not as tired at the end of the day, as I was when I wasn't taking this. When the can ran out and I was waiting to get more, I immediately noticed that I didn't feel as "good" throughout the days. Yes, I know some of this was placebo effect but not all of it.

I bought the 44 pak can for $28.95 online. So at about 66 cents per pack, I think this is a great deal given the robust ingredient profile. These go anywhere from about $28 to as high as about $34 for 44 packs. I still think that's a decent price at the higher end but if you can score these for under $30, I think it's a steal given that it's not just vitamins in each pack.

Side Effects

The infamous "highlighter yellow" pee. Also, my pee smelled a little different. I knew to expect this before I started taking these so it didn't bother me in the least. I experienced no other side effects.

Conclusion

If you have never tried the legendary Animal Pak, try it. I feel like anyone who works out or lifts on a regular basis (you don't have to be a "gym rat" or body builder) should at least try one run of these. They would not have lasted all this time if they didn't work, especially in an industry where products are here one day and gone the next. Longevity tells you something. There are better options if you're looking for strictly vitamins and don't care about the aminos or performance complex (if you're supplementing separately) but for overall health for any gym goer, these are a must-have.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone ! (Got my Redcon1 RPG all ready for tomorrow's feast haha)

Overall
Thanks to Universal for sending it out!
  October 24, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Muti- Vitamins.
  • Most Comprehensive Multi-vitamin On The Market
  • Price
  • Has Good Liver Support
  • Affordable Enough
  • A Lot Of Pills!
  • Horse Pills

As an older male I try to stay healthy as possible but it seems that if I do get a cold once a year I get it 5 times or more, But on those few times I never get sick all year I do believe it is because I stayed on game with my Vitamins. I feel this is something that EVERYONE should be taking, in some sort of way that can be easy for them. I would even say that as a whole 80% of the population in the United states do not enough good things for us to get out healthy Vitamin intakes. This is just here to help.

I remember watching some old videos of the older Bodybuilders from back in the day working out and you would always see Universal products in the background. So yea I always wondered what that was. Then Hulk Hogan keeps preaching to take you Vitamins. So I have actually been into taking my Vitamins thank's to all these guy's. Animal pak is a trusted product that has been used by many for a long time and I feel you should too. But if you do not like all these pill's they do have a powdered version that is made for you as well.

We could be here all day talking about what all is in this. But I will try to not repeat what Cray has summed up on his review.
Five huge complexes on this.
Vitamin complex.
Pretty good, I like they have 30mg of zinc, I do wish they more Vitamin D in this, I find it really low in my opinion at only 680iu in two packs.
Amino Acid complex
I feel this one is set up pretty well for what is considered just a vitamin product.
Performance complex
Uni-Liver blend is what I am talking about. I do not know if you have taken this as a stand alone but I can say this is something that really seems to help me with strength recovery.
Antioxidant complex
Lots of great things in this to help you just feel better in general
Digestive Enzyme complex
I think some vitamins really miss this. If you are not digesting your vitamins better you will fail to utilize them the best way possible.

Now let me say there is SO much in the this I could never list or hit on everything. Like Cray mentioned it takes another top tier Vitamin like Vital4U to even compare to this stuff. I think I feel best on the others but I do say I tend to perform best at the gym on these.

Its pills and yes there is several, rather large ones in the pak. Don't be a wuss and just take these. They work.
I always took these along with my other staples in the morning. . I also only used one pack a day.

I loved these as much as my Vital4u. I think my immune system was a bit better with those than it was on the pak. But that being said I still had some truly great recovery and just overall energy on these. Actually so much I talked two guys at work into buying them and they are enjoying them as well.
I did hit a few extra PR's while taking these.. no I do not think it was a vitamin that did that but I do feel it, But I think it may have helped in other areas that possibly attributed to it.
Also as cray mentioned this does help some with digestion. Just enough to say that is helps. Nothing ground breaking but a help.

I think I found this online for 28 bucks for 44 paks. I took this one pak a day and found that enough for my needs. I feel this is a very solid buy.

Side Effects

Just several pills and sometimes can be a bit hard to swallow

Conclusion

Universal continues to make solid products year after year. I have always wanted to give this a run and glad I did. I will be getting these more often and would like to try out the animal flex at some point.

Huge apology to Universal for taking so long to get this review out I just recently took a new job and have been working crazy hrs.

Overall
Thanks to Universal for sending it out!
  September 20, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Ingredient Profile
  • High Dose Of Core Vitamins
  • Strong Organ Support
  • Robust Profile
  • Strong Digestive Support
  • Versatile
  • Some Ingredients Underdosed
  • IF YOU A Female Dog AND WHINE ABOUT PILLS NOT FOR YOU

You know what it is. This is the best vitamin product. Back up.

Ah yes. THE PAK. The quintessential kitchen-sink multi-vitamin for active lifters. If you haven't tried Animal Pak, do you even lift bruh?

I'm a believer in consistently taking a daily multivitamin in order to ensure you're meeting core nutritional needs. I usually stick to a basic, one-pill multi with a relatively simple ingredient profile; ON's Opti-Men is a good example. However I've run Animal Pak before - both the new powder formula and the older version of the paks - thus I jumped on the chance to try the newer formulation of the pill paks.

One final introductory note: I view multi-vitamins the same way I view protein - as a mandatory dietary staple; not a product I expect will take me to the next level.

Animal Pak is absolutely effing loaded and is slightly different from its powdered brother. There are five major complexes: Vitamin, Amino Acid, Performance, Anti-Oxidant, and Digestive Enzyme. While the powder includes a Uni-Pro Blend in the Performance Complex (a prop blend of protein and organ support ingredients), the pill paks include a fully disclosed profile of liver and organ support that is higher dosed and more robust than the powder, but lacks the inclusion of whey protein. A small difference, but notable. I personally prefer the profile of the pill paks here. Say that five times fast.

The only other change between the pill paks and the powder seems to be in the Amino Acid Complex. There are marginal differences in each of these ingredients between these two versions, but overall I think the pill version comes out slightly ahead.

I could write a doctoral thesis on the profile of Pak and how it compares to other products, which ingredients are appropriately dosed, which aren't, and so on. I'll try to do a quick hitter here:

Aside from the Vitamin complex, the other four profiles are basically unmatched by any competitor multi-vitamin. They are insanely robust. Even Vital 4U and its 14 different pills don't hold a candle to Pak on these four platforms. That said, Vital 4U has generally higher dosages of core vitamins and minerals i.e. vitamins A and C, and more ingredients that support the immune system and mental clarity. Even so, when looking at the Vitamin complex in a silo (which I feel is the most important of the five) it takes a product like Vital 4U stack up against the Pak. Your basic one-a-days aren't going to come close.

That's not to say the Pak is flawless. I think some of the profiles are a bit gratuitous. Most of the ingredients in the Amino Acid complex are under dosed, some drastically so. Tyrosine, for example, has a recommended daily dose of 500-1000mg daily. You get 164mg from 2 Paks. Now, I understand the intent here is to support reaching daily values, not to provide the full daily dose, but does 20% of your daily dose of something like Tyrosine really make a difference?

Regardless, as was the case with Animal Pak Powder, it's the Vitamin and Enzyme complexes that are the MVPs for me.

Each pak is 11 hard-packed pills that range from small to relatively large. I'll admit, even for someone like me who generally has no issues with pills, this is still a LOT of swallowing (zing). It took me around 10 oz. of water to get down all of these pills, and I was generally dosing only one pak daily with dinner. No issues with odor or powder burps it's just a lot of pills.

If you struggle with pills - go get the powder.

It's rather difficult to gauge a vitamin's effectiveness, but I knew I was taking the Pak. I absolutely felt a stronger sense of general health and wellness. Admittedly this feeling could be totally psychosomatic, but I did not get sick or have any sort of health issues while running this product. Both my kids came down with a small bug during the month I was running Animal Pak, and as usual I skated through unscathed. I haven't been sick in about a year, and when I ran the Animal Pak Powder I avoided the flu despite my entire family and half my office coming down with it. I have to think that's a testament to the effectiveness of this brand and this product.

One other note on effectiveness - the Pak doesn't fully replace a proper Digestive Enzyme. I didn't have quite the regularity that I do when I'm running that type of supplement, but I did notice a significant difference in my movements, even more so than I experienced while running the powder version (which is interesting given the digestive enzyme profile is identical). Again, although it may not fully cover a certain health aspect, the Pak assists and supports across the board.

The industry norm for a men's multi is roughly .50c per dose, with the more aggressive products running closer to $1.00 per day. The Pak falls in this range. At $29 for 44 paks and a recommended dosage of 2 paks daily for active individuals, you're looking at a price point of $1.32 per serving. Pretty pricey. That said, I saw solid effectiveness from running 1 pak per day and I honestly think smaller individuals or those already running a robust stack with a true digestive enzyme and amino acid supplement would do just fine with a single pak daily.

Side Effects

Conclusion

My recommendation of Animal Pak varies depending on the person. It is a solid, EXTREMELY well-rounded multi that I think can be used in a variety of fashions and can be relatively affordable depending on your wallet and how you dose the product. Am I buying this year round? No. But when I need as much health support as possible, this is where I am turning. Animal Pak is the king.

February 17, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Most Comprehensive Multi-vitamin On The Market
  • Good Ingredient Profile
  • Affordable Enough
  • Look Shut Up And Swallow It Whiner

My expectations were met with this product. There is not a hugely noticeable physique change but then again a multivitamin shouldn't be relied on for physique enhancement. Well done and complete, I feel that this multi covers more bases than most others on the market, a good buy.

For me to list each ingredient specifically with the dosage and efficacious dosing amounts would make this review a book, so if you are that interested in the nitty gritty check them all out for yourself. But anyways, the point is that not everything is in an effective dosage per single pak, however this is a supportive supplement and not a standalone. I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THE ONLY SOURCE OF MICRONUTRIENTS YOU CONSUME.

The ingredient list on the Animal Pak is enough to make your head spin. That is not to say that this is a dusted product, it isn't. A typical multi only contains the typical "alphabet" vitamins and a small dusting of other things like calcium, iron, iodine, zinc, and some other essentials in low doses. Animal pak has all of the basics included along with extras. Also included are an Amino Acid complex containing the BCAA's and EAA's imperative for protein synthesis and others which have related and supporting functions. The Performance Complex that supports the biological processes that need to take place for an athlete to do their best. The Antioxidant Complex that has a list of ingredients that are in place to help keep the body healthy against stressors both from within and from the outside. And the Digestive Enzyme Complex which is a bonus. What good are all the healthy nutrients you're taking in if you can't use them?

The pak is all pills so there isn't really a taste unless you have a hard time getting them down. Although per single pak there are 11 pills to swallow, so if you are bad with pills, good luck.

The dosing is varied, on the supplement facts all of the numbers are based on 2 paks but if you search around you'll notice that many users typically only take one and it works just as well for them. Find what works best for you. The label does include a notice that says in normal training seasons only one pak a day is necessary but for truly hardcore athletes who are on an extremely rough training regimen for competitive purposes it is recommended to take 2 paks a day spaced apart by a few hours.

I'd say that the effectiveness of this multi is great. I don't feel like it is the magic ticket to health and fitness but as long as training is intense, recovery is a priority, and diet is in check, this is definitely a supporter in all around health and athletic performance.

Animal pak is a little pricey, especially if you are on the 2 paks a day. a 15 pak goes for $15 and a 44 pak goes for about $27. The 44 pak is definitely the way to go. I will argue though, each pak contains 11 pills each so in all honesty I believe this is a fair asking price for what you get.

Side Effects

One and only side effect I've seen is that pee turns a nice neon yellow/green color. Do not fret, this is just extra vitamins showing in your pee, you are not going to grow an extra set of eyes anywhere, nor gain superpowers.

Conclusion

As far as multivitamins can go, I believe that Animal Pak is the most comprehensive of any of the multis out there. Even though it is a lot to swallow and can be a strain on the wallet it really is worth it.

Overall
Overall
9.5
  November 14, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Most Comprehensive Multi-vitamin On The Market

Hey guys. So this is the vitamin. I've been lifting for about ten years now and about five months ago switched from bodybuilding to crossfitting. I have always believed in the multi-vitamin and even more so since I started sweating buckets at the gym. I've tried numerous multis; Mega Man Sport from GNC, NOW's Adam, Airborne Immune Plus, Arnold's Iron Pack (currently running a box of this again) and a few store brand vitamins. I always come back to Animal Pak. Every time.

The necessity of a Multi cannot be ignored. I simply cannot eat enough food to replenish the micro nutrients I loose when I work out. If you work hard, you need a multi. The reason I keep coming back to Animal Pak is it's profile. It is not just a multi, it's an igniter! There are not just vitamins and minerals in here; there's BCAA's, Enzymes, Liver protectors and antioxidants. Pyridoxine alpha-ketoglutarate (PAK), carnitine, lipotropics, L-arginine, alpha lipoic acid, eleuthero, these are not typical vitamins, these are performance enhancers. The enzyme cluster helps activate other supplements and metabolic processes to keep you growing! Milk Thistle to keep your liver protected (the good doctors suggest between 160-800mg, the Pak sits on the low end at 250mg per pak). The BCAA list is impressive but they to are dosed a little on the low side. If you really wanted to supplement with extra BCAA's you'd be taking a extra supp anyways. Point is this supplement is incredibly comprehensive and well thought out.

Could not be easier. Take out a pak with breakfast and down eleven pills. No problem. The pills taste...well...I imagine if I want to a creek and picked a stone out of the water and chewed on it that they would taste a lot like that. You swallow them right down anyways so no big deal. Two things of note:
    First - the dosages listed on the side are for TWO paks, not one. One pak is enough for most of us. Two if you're going all out at the gym...or weigh 350lbs of solid mass.
    Second - So the body soaks up the most nutrients right after you work out. Well I thought that was the perfect time take a multi. Thought it would be a smart thing to take it with my shake. Thought it would be a smart thing to blend in the vitamins with my shake. Thought it was a a smart way to create in instant delivery system. I thought wrong. So. So. So. Wrong. Liquefied vitamins are beyond nasty. It was horrible, the after taste still haunts me. The delivery system worked though! I had the shakes for six hours!

If your body is the fire burning at the gym, Animal Pak is the match. It turbo's your immune system; I have not once gotten sick (not even a cold) while taking this supplement. Not. Once. Years of taking it, years of paying attention and I have only come down with something between cans or if I was taking another supplement. My results in the gym are better on this. It's difficult to measure the effectiveness of this with certainty but I once ran an experiment of the Pak vs NOW's Adam. Size wasn't all that affected but my strength gains were a little better on the Pak and I felt better for those 44 days. I feel good all the time on this, healthier. All the assurance I need.

A can containing 44 paks can be had for $23.00. You can find a lot more multis for far less but you get far less out of them. If you're looking for "Vitamins and Minerals" this is a great supplement that you will be paying far too much for. If you're looking for a body igniter that will give you all the Vit's and Min's you need plus an incredibly comprehensive profile of other ingredients to prime your body for some serious work, the Pak has you covered for a very fair price.

Side Effects

Like all strong multis. Your urine will glow in the dark. That Riboflavin (B2) turns you radioactive and results in neon yellow urine. If you really use your imagination it's almost like you're pissing out red bull...actually ingredient wise you might not be far off...

Conclusion

This the alpha supplement. The beginning of your stack should start with a good multi. The beginning of a great stack should start with Animal Pak, it will make your other supplements all the more effective. I cannot say enough good things about this supplement. After Animal Flex this is probably my favorite. The second I finish my Arnold Iron Pack I will be coming back to the Big Daddy and I will probably never leave again.

September 30, 2014

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Muti- Vitamins.
    • Has All You Nutreints
    • Good Ingredient Profile
    • A Lot Of Pills!
    • Horse Pills
    • Overwhelming To Take At First
    • Look Shut Up And Swallow It Whiner
    Results: I give an 8/10 because I feel it did just what it advertised and I'm fairly new to the supplement world. I choose Univerals Animal Pak over any others I've tried, " Orange triad or GNC Megaman, because the others made my joints hurt... strange.

Taste: 5/10 . It's pills.. some are very large "horse" pills..but the taste is well they are pills..

Side effects: None noted, well maybe trouble swallowing but simply because the pills are so numerous and large

Dosing: 7/10. The tin says 2/day. I take only 1, I've considered moving it to 2 but I feel it might be a waste of vitamins as my urine after taking is discolored but eventually resolves it self as I drink upwards of 1.5 Gal of water daily. So I felt 2 packs a day would be alittle over kill.

value: 8/10. 44 packs for 28$ that's about .65/dose unless one takes the recoomended dose of 2 packs a day so 22 packs for 28$ at 1.30/dose. it's arguable. But I say it's worth it.

Over all: 8/10. I rate this high mainly because I like the product but also because I dont' have alot to rate against it.

January 7, 2014

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Muti- Vitamins.
    • Has All You Nutreints
    • Most Comprehensive Multi-vitamin On The Market
    • Good Ingredient Profile
    • A Lot Of Pills!
    • Not Sure Which Pill Does What
    Let me start by saying I am a fan of Universal products, especially the Animal line! It's my favorite line. I'm a military officer, and I NEVER deploy without a supply of Animal Pak. If for no other reason than MRE's are nothing but calories, and I can't psychologically exist without knowing what vitamins I'm taking in.

Now, I've used this product on and off for as long as I can remember. I don't know if it actually helps at all, or it's just my piece of mind, but whichever I still use it. I never take 2 packs though, one per day is enough I feel to make sure I'm getting all my vitamins and minerals.

Yes, you have to swallow a ton of pills, but I figure that has to be more effective than a multi that claims they crammed all of that into one pill.

I take this with my morning protein shake, normally Animal Max, which does not have much of a vitamin/mineral profile. I do not take this with a MRP like Muscle Milk, which does contain vitamins and minerals. This is overkill IMHO.

There are several other packs out there. I suggest you try and find the one for you. For me, I'll stick with Animal.

July 19, 2013

• Helps Blood Pressure
    • No Chelated Minerals
    I have been putting off a review on animal paks for awhile, but I truly feel like I have done a disservice to this sight by not sharing my experiences with the legendary Animal Pak.

Animal pak is tried and proven, since August 8, 1983 pak has been a staple supplement for millions of hardcore lifters and athletes. How many products do you know that has been standing tall for nearly 30 years? After using this product for just short of 2 years I can honestly see what keeps people sticking with pak, two simple words "it works".

Dosing:6/10
    The only knock on this product is dosing. Each pak contains 11 tablets which are huge, after awhile it simply gets annoying swallowing that many tablets. The directions for taking Pak are as followed Advanced bodybuilders, powerlifters, and athletes, take one packet 30 minutes after the meal prior to your workout. For competitions and intense training sessions take two packets daily. Take with plenty of water. Personally I just take 1 packet with breakfast each day. Even when I was prepping for my 1st bodybuilding show I stuck with just one packet. I feel like taking anymore than 1 packet a day is just unnecessary.

Profile:8/10
    Animal paks are by far one of the most diverse multivitamins out there. Along with the your daily vitamins Universal has added an Amino Acid Complex, Performance Complex, Antioxidant Complex and, Digestive Enzyme Complex Now I'm not gonna sit here and list each of the ingredients in Pak because it would be overkill. but for anyone who wants to see the label refer to http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/animalpak.html.

The issue I have with this profile is its all based on two packets so if your like me and only take one packet each day you have to cut everything in half when reading the label to know what your getting. Also when comparing Animal Pak to Orange Triad there is some vitamins in Pak that is less than OT even when taking two paks. Also you will notice that none of the Animal Pak minerals are chelated. From the research I have done chelated minerals are used more easily by the body (more bioavailable) than non-chelated minerals. No matter the case Animal Pak is still top of the line in my book.

Effectiveness:8/10
    With multivitamins it is hard to really gauge their effectiveness. High blood pressure runs in my family and I have always been very active but back in 2011 I went in for my yearly physical and my blood pressure was 131/86 And the PA(Physician Assistant) told me I had Prehypertension and that I needed to control my sodium intake. Any how shortly after that I began taking Animal Pak and right off the back I noticed a neon urine and my energy levels and mood simply improved. Flash forward 6 months later I'm back in the same PA'S office getting my knees checked and he takes my blood pressure and it reads 127/81 it had went down by a lot. I know it was the Animal Pak that did it because the only thing that I changed in that 6 month period was I added Animal Pak to my life.

Value:7/10 While this is my favorite multivitamin I do feel like Universal can lower the price just some especially when you look at a muilti Like Orange Triad that is around the same price that provides more vitimins per serving than Animal Pak does per packet. Animal Pak comes in two container sizes the 15 pack can and the 44 pack can. If your like me and get the 44 pack can your looking to pay around $30 a can which comes out to be around $0.66 per serving if using 1 packet per day, and $1.32 per serving if your using 2 packets per day. My advice is just stick to one pack a day its plenty.

Overall:8/10
    There are plenty of multivitamins out on the market but none of them has stood the test of time like the legendary Animal Pak Vitamins. That alone is enough to keep me coming back for more. If it isn't broke don't fix it and I think that is the approach Universal has taking with Pak. At the end of the day if your looking into a multivitamin look no further animal Pak will live up to its legendary status.

June 18, 2013

• Price
    • Overwhelming To Take At First
    • Look Shut Up And Swallow It Whiner
    I cannot believe I did not review this product. This has been a staple for me for the last year. Fantastic multi-vitamin. I will be breaking it down for all of you so bear with me as this review might get a little long and winded.

A little pre-face first, I am stacking this with Animal Flex & Stak, so its providing me with the right amount of nutrients to boost the effects of Stak and Flex.

VALUE: 7/10 - You get 44 servings, that's if you stick to one pack a day. I usually get this at allstarhealth for around $26. This is a fantastic value. The bottle recommends that you do 2 packs a day, but you have to be serious bodybuilder to need that much nutrients in your body. 1 pack a day does a fantastic job.

INGREDIENTS: 9/10 - As you all know there are 11 horse sized pills for this product. I personally cannot swallow all the pills at the same time, so I usually take the big ones by themselves, and follow quickly down with the rest of the smaller pills.

I will not go into detail of what each pill contains but I will just generally describe what each pill does from biggest to smallest:

1. B-Complex
    8. Mega-T
    9. Vitamin A&D
    10. Ginseng
    11. Digestive Aid

As you can see this profile is fantastic, and the percentages for all of these pills is through the roof. Again, you can check the nutrition label for exactly how much is in each pill.

USAGE: 10/10 - This is very simple. You take 1 pack after a big meal. The reason you want to take it on a full stomach, is because you want your body to slowly absorb all the pills with the digestion of your foods. If you take this on an empty stomach, you will notice that your *** is neon green and smells toxic. Even though the smell is still there even on a full stomach, the color is much lighter, and is not being ***ed out of your system. You want your body to ingest as many of the nutrients as possible.

TASTE: 8/10 - When you open the container the pills smell god awful. You can smell them through the clear plastic pouch. Its pretty bad. But when you swallow them you can hardly taste much. Sometimes just need to hold your breath for a split second when taking these, so you don't throw up from the smell. But what do you expect when these things are packed with so many good nutrients that are vital to your body.

EFFECTIVENESS: 9/10 - I am not sure how I would judge effectiveness of a multi vitamin but I will just describe how I felt on this and when not taking this. First, the digestive complex is fantastic. Really helps me keep the bloating of a heavy meal down to a minimum. Furthermore, soon after you will feel a small burst of good energy. Nothing like pre workout but as if you've had a deep sleep and you are waking up rested kind of energy. Its def great. This has a fantastic liver support which is always great. What I noticed most about this product is when I took it in the early afternoon with food, and then a few hours later took Flex & Stak, it really increased the effects of stak for me. I felt stronger and more energetic then ever.

OVERALL: 8/10 - This is a fantastic multi vitamin with a ton of good nutrients optimal for your body. Sure there are a ton of pills, and at first you need a week or so getting used to the smells and taking so many peoples, but let me tell you, once you get past all this, you will never go to another multi vitamin thats 1-2 pills again. This stuff, hands down works. Def recommend it to others.

February 26, 2013

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Muti- Vitamins.
    • Has All You Nutreints
    • Good Ingredient Profile
    • Affordable Enough
    • Horse Pills
    • Not Sure Which Pill Does What
    It seems a bit difficult to explain a multi-vitamin pack and how it benefits anyone and how your results are going had you not taken them and while you take them.

The simple fact of this one is that Animal Packs have a plethora of valuable vitamins needed to sustain a health functions within the body. I have taken these every day typically in the morning (unless for some reason I forget then I take them after the gym).

In all I'm just saying I have and will continue to use the Animal Pack in conjunction with all my other cycles.
    ____________________________________________

There really isn't anything that the Animal Pack lacks. I could make some arguments on some quantities of one thing or another but the generalized concepts of taking a multi-vitamin over not taking one is simple; your body uses chemical reactions in regulating the functions your body goes through. Not taking a multi-vitamin can lead to deficiencies really quickly if you work out on a regular basis. If you're someone who takes two of these pill packs a day that's fine; I personally think you can find value in some other products. Just pick and choose either morning or after a workout. I have found that they do awesome things for you if you take them after you work out at night. I still prefer taking them in the morning though. With any vitamins you're going to need to maintain you water intake and in some cases increase it.

I am still giving it a good rating because it's difficult to rate how taking this over another multi-vitamin is really any better. The idea and effect of taking a multi-vitamin is still important. The body really ages better when you implement vitamins into your daily routine. (Even if those multi-vitamins are the gummies from the store.) I actually started making my mom take gummies because I can't get her to take the pills. If you want to understand that more just have to think or read up on absorption rates of vitamins that you mix in water, pills, and gummies.

Yes, 8's all around. The value is hard to depict. Someone's diet may provide them with many of the nutrients they need and are only deficient in small areas; thus Animal Pack doesn't seem like a cost effective venture for you. So value is really dependent on your overall diet. I believe taking them in the morning and getting it in will give you a good boost after you fasted all night.
    _____________________________________________

Now all that said there is some concern that some pills lower test levels. I simply don't know this to be true. Supposedly, the darkest pill is the liver pill and the yellowish pill without the dots is an enzyme pill. Now this is as much as I understand and some people choose to omit these pills. The reason is the liver pill may cause lower test levels, and the enzyme pill is believed to be bad for overall health.

I personally don't omit any of the pills, but in order to be as unbiased and field both sides I felt it is important to share. You can choose to use all the pills or take out these two. Neither case is difficult.