Animal Pak Reviews

By: Universal

Health & Wellbeing > Multi-Vitamins
Animal Pak is a Multi-Vitamin manufactured by Universal. It is designed to help provide the body with a wide array of micro nutrients that are vital for optimal health. It could be described as an 'insurance policy' to ensure that you're getting all of your vitamins and minerals but it is still crucial to eat a balanced diet.

Overall
Overall
6.9
6.4
  February 12, 2019

• A Little Expensive

A sizable bag of pills with intimidating size to fulfill all your nutrient needs. Not for the faint of heart or those who gag easily.

Universal Animal Paks are the rusty dingy gym of the supplement world. You won't find a sauna or tanning beds here, but there's plenty of iron and determination. It has everything you need but your girl won't be interested in coming with you.

Truth be told, I'd tried this before these came up on the TROOPs dash. I was probably 17 though, so 16 years later I didn't feel as though I was cheating the system. From what I remembered then, not much has changed-- which was exactly what I hoped for. Animal Paks were a gateway supplement for me; and while I think I only used them once before, they'd piqued my interest and shortly thereafter I was in the height of my athletic career while trying to gain an edge on the field by a commitment to the weight room.

Today, my needs are different. I want to stave off viruses from the biological warfare device that sleeps down the hall, keep my energy heightened through boring afternoon meetings and reconciliation reports, while still being able to push and pull more weight than ever.

I'm not going to spend a ton of time in this section-- the ingredient panel is massive. It covers the full spectrum of anything you've seen in a MV before and then some. The only thing really missing is a greens pill I'd say. The first section of the ingredients are your typical MV panel. FOllowing that is the Amino Acid Complex which spans each BCAA/EAA and then goes well beyond that to include others like Aspartic Acid, Arginine, and Glutamine. Next is the Performance Complex which is headlined by a Uni-Liver blend of liver and beef protein isolate. The Anti-Oxidant Complex follows that which includes CoQ10, ALA, and Pine Bark Extract. Last is the Digestive Enzyme Complex. It's a very robust and full-spectrum panel of ingredients.

Taste -None, pill aftertaste is all
Mixability - N/A
Swallow-ability- Pride breaking pills. These things are pretty much all huge and the aren't easy-swallow capsules. Altogether each pack contains 11 pills, about 8 of which are as big a pill as you've ever seen.
Dosing - Taken daily with lunch. This ensures digestion is triggered and improves absorption.

Multivitamins are tough to measure, but I think Animal Paks work about as well as anything on the market. It definitely gave me a bit more energy in the afternoon than I normally had prior to taking it or after finishing. It meant another coffee wasn't always necessary which further helped me sleep at bed time. I also noticed my joints felt a bit better, though I'm not sure what's responsible for that... maybe the pine bark? And, I managed to stay pretty healthy all things considered. My son has literally been sick since thanksgiving and I don't think there's anything that could get me out of all of that, but the little bugs I did seem to pick up during my run just came and went within a few days, so I can't complain. As for the weight room effects, I'd say the biggest benefit was that it seemed to be easier to wake-up each morning and get to the gym. I had a heightened sense of natural energy that was consistent throughout the day.

The best price I was able to find was $22 for 30 servings. I would normally look to pay less for a MV, but considering the content of Animal Paks I believe the price to be fair. I'm just not sure that the results vs. price ratio is in their favor. If I were a professional athlete it might be different, but a grown man clinging to glory makes it harder to justify versus things with a more noticeable impact.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I say try it. It's going to work; you don't stick around this long by producing garbage products. This is an old-school product and it has produced reliable results for a long, long time to many, many people.

2.0
  January 7, 2019

• Overwhelming To Take At First
  • Poor Value

A multi mix of ingredients with a lot of big pills to take at a very high cost.

Thank you to the people at The Original Since 1983 for letting me review your supplement. I always like trying supplements that are not the norm to my every day supplement. This company appears to make several good products, so I wanted to test the waters to see how nice they may be. I was surprised about some things but pretty disappointed overall.

Carbs 5 g
Protein 5 g

The ingredient list is LONG. I can not cover every single item and its benefits, but a picture is available on-line for you to check. What I will do is cover areas so you can get a fill of what it is and what it does. Vitamins are well covered. I checked on a few vitamins that are listed below to compare to recommended daily amount (like I said, it's a long list) and not all met the right amounts recommended by medical field. Animal Pak also includes amino acid, performance or energy blend, antioxidants, and digestive enzymes. Amino Acid can help reduce fatigue and work to help the body recover from exercise. The performance complex will aid boosting testosterone. The antioxidants benefits are health benefits. Digestive Enzymes will break down products in the stomach for better absorption into the body. I have seen these items in pre-workouts, testosterone boosters, estrogen blockers, and other health improvements supplements. Some of these are natural ingredients like BCAA's. Altogether these seemingly healthy ingredients are great, they may cause side effects.

These vitamin ingredients (randomly selected) will help decide if the ingredients will be effective. These amounts will reflect the recommended serving of 2 bags per day. Vitamin A recommends max 10,000 IU and Animal Pak has 9900 IU. Niacin recommended max 35 mg and Animal Pak 82 mg. Zinc recommended max 40 mg and Animal Pak 30 mg. Copper recommended max is 10 mg and 0.6 mg. Vitamin E recommended max is 90 mg and Animal Pak 300 IU. As you can see, the vitamin catogerogy is off because some are too high and others not high enough. All this is interesting because it may not be effective. I believe, if you are taking this as a multivitamin, you will need to take some in addition to Animal Pak. It is good to know what is missing and what to add. The vitamin section gets a low ranking and if that easy area is low, the rest may be as well.

The real benefits of this product is the other categories of amino acid, performance, energy, antioxidants, and digestive which I give an okay ranking because I do not have confidence in the correct amount of each ingredient. For me, this is really a difficult item to figure for recommended amounts of ingredients versus the amount contained.

This has several pills similar to multivitamin pills. There were many big ones and a few small ones. There were 44 bags of tablets and you take 2 per day anytime and you do not need to take food with capsules. I would only take 1 bag per day as I found it too difficult to take that many pills in a day without choking to death. The taste and mixability don't apply here because it is a pill. The dosing was high and 2 bags a day was too much for me, so I give this a low ranking.

This is a hard topic to discuss because like some other supplements, it is really hard to rate because how do you know without blood work to see if it is effective. The effectiveness appeared fine. This is something that could be effective if in addition to some other supplements you might be using. It did leave me feeling like I had high immunity to a sickness that comes along in the winter. I definitely felt healthier. I could not say that Animal Pak was medically helping me as I did not get scientific evidence. In order to get that information, you will need full blood work done. Either way, it was a good product, so I give it a good rating.

I was able to get a 44 bag supply (but it would only be 22 servings if you took the recommended amount of 2 bags per day) and the cost is around $30 for the 44 bag supply which $0.68 for a bag. I will rate the value on the amount I consumed but the recommended amount is 2 servings per day which really increases the price and is WAY high for me. This is a high cost for me when compared to a normal multivitamin and is still high when you compare it to similar supplement (which is $0.30 to $0.40 per serving) so I give the value a low ranking because the cost does out weigh the benefits of other similar products. I have tried the Hero's Pack and it is $0.36 per serving and cares very similar ingredients and amounts of ingredients. The ingredients for Animal Pak are wonderful and it is fully loaded. The price is too high for me. I do not believe this product is worth the try due to the outrageous cost of $1.36 per serving if you take the 2 bags per day, so I will not get it until the price is at $0.50 or less per daily intake.

Conclusion

I believe this is an effective supplement with great ingredients. The carbs, sugar, and calories were low. The price is way too high. I think this is a solid supplement but it's not worth trying given the high price. If the price was around $15 for a 30-day supply, I would buy it. At $30 for a 22 day, I would not buy it.

January 5, 2019

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Muti- Vitamins.
  • Has All You Nutreints
  • Good Overall Health Support
  • Many Ingredients Are Underdosed

Animal Pak is a full spectrum complete multivitamin pak that will provide all the essential vitamins and minerals along with a host of bonuses to keep the animal within you in anabolic drive.

A special thanks to Universal for their participation here on SR.com and sincere apologies for the tardiness of this review. Today, I discuss my experience with Animal Pak. Multivitamins are nothing new and are generally a common mainstay in many supplement regimens of all fitness goals. We use them primarily as an insurance to keep our micro and macronutrient intake in check. While having one on hand can help, it's important to remember to make sure the prime core of your nutrition intake lies in your diet. Animal Pak is a multivitamin pak supplement that has been around for a quite a while. It contains all your essentials plus some nice bonuses.

The profile is very complex with too many ingredients to list. I will not list every single ingredient and dosage so please refer to the included image for a more thorough breakdown.

It's worth noting that the ingredient label serving size is listed as 2 packs.

The profile begins with the primary complex of all your essential vitamins and minerals. All of them are properly dosed in effective and well absorbed forms such as Vitamin A as a series of carotenoids, Vitamin D as pure cholecalciferol, Vitamin E containing all the isomer tocopherols, and plenty of other vitamins along with minerals. The minerals are in basic forms, but in subsequent doses and more common forms that are still well absorbed such as zinc and magnesium oxide along with others like calcium and selenium.

Next is the Amino Acid complex containing dodsages of essential and nonessential amino acids such as glycine, arginine, BCAAs, alanine, glutamic acid, and others.

Following is the Performance Complex containing liver support ingredients as part of the Uniliver blend such as hawthorn berry, milk thistle, inositol, choline bitartrate, and other liver and health supporting ingredients.

Next is the Antioxidant Complex containing plentiful dosages of ingredients known for immune system support properties such as grape seed extract, alpha lipoic acid, CoQ10, pine bark, and others.

Lastly is the Digestive Enzyme Complex containing enzymes that aid digestion such as Inulin, papain, bromelain, among others.

All of the ingredients are well dosed for a multivitamin complex and are well chosen for their properties in respects to the complex they are part of. Again, please refer to the image included for a complete breakdown.

While some would be content with one, athletes are encouraged to take two packs a day. I took one pack with breakfast and the other with dinner.

Multivitamins, being those basic staples you find in so many regimens, are one of those supplements you necessarily "feel" working like a pre workout. Though when I do use multi-v products, I see how it affects my health as a system.

With Animal Pak, I had more elevated levels of natural energy throughout the day and had no symptoms that would have been indicative of a particular vitamin or mineral deficiency.

I never fell ill during my use with Pak so it is safe to say it did give me immune system support thanks mostly I would presume to the antioxidant complex.

I also saw some improvement in my regularity and digestion as I experienced less gas and bloating. Furthermore, I had fuller more relieving bowel movements.

In summary, Animal Pak was a great way to ensure my micros were staying in check while reaping the benefits of immune system support, regularity improvement, and overall health and well-being support.

Just to note and reminder, this is for the pills version of Animal Pak not the powder version. Each can contains a 22-day supply for the standard 2-pak a day serving. The average price for a full can is 28 dollars. Given the complete profile and efficacy of the product, I'd say this is a very good value even though it may seem a little steep at first glance.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Animal Pak is a great multivitamin definitely worth trying and including in your regimen provided your diet and training are in check. It will provide support in overall general health, immune system support, and regularity improvement. Again, be sure your getting 99% of your base nutrition from your diet.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO PATS!!!!

November 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Has All You Nutreints
  • Good Amount Of Vit C And B Complex
  • Affordable Enough
  • Has Good Liver Support
  • Most Comprehensive Multi-vitamin On The Market
  • Many Ingredients Are Underdosed

This legendary supplement has been around since the early 1980s. It's more than just a multi-vitamin. These "Paks" are commonplace in nearly every gym, if you keep your eyes open. Even if your diet is on point and your routine is solid, these are still a "must have."

Hi all. I'm in my late 30s and this review is based on my very first run of Animal Pak which I just completed. I remember back in high school, seeing the "yellow can" at the gym and again in college. It was always the "beasts" that had the Animal Paks so I assumed it was a supplement for bodybuilders. After all these years, I finally started researching the Pak and finally after reading reviews on this site, I decided to give it a try, so here we go....

I'm not going to list every single ingredient, as this thing is LOADED and has been reviewed many times. Here's what I think is important:

On the multi vitamin side you get the classics - A, C, D, E, B6 and B12. All are dosed in amounts well over the daily value.
Staying on the vitamin and mineral side you've also got Copper, Zinc (I love Zinc, great for colds, stomach woes, and just immune system in general), Magnesium (Many people, men in particular, don't get enough Magnesium), Calcium, Biotin, Iodine and many other of the "usual suspects" in most multi-vitamins.

Amino Acid Profile - This is where Animal Pak begins to separate itself from most of the competition:
174 mg of Glutamine (this is a smaller dose than you'd like for strictly a Glutamine supplement but this isn't strictly a glutamine supplement)
1213mg of Arganine, 279 mg Alanine, Proline (203 mg), Serline (250 mg - very underrated AA - helps with moods/serotonin production).
BCAAs and EAAs: Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine (I love Lysine. If you are prone to getting cold sores, take this daily, and you'll barely ever get them), Valine

"Performance Complex" - Carnitine (25mg), Milk Thistle, Hawthorne Berry, "Uni-liver blend" (Liver, beef protein isolate - 4200 mg)

Antioxidants: ALA (Alpha Lipoic Acid -100 mg), Pine Bark Extract (200mg), Kelp( Nutrients and vitamins up the wazoo in Kelp, 10 mg here), Lutein, Lycopene, and a few others

Lastly, "Digestive Enzyme Complex"
Bromelain 100 mg, Inulin 250 mg(I love inulin. Great for your gut. Feeds "good bacteria" and prevents "bad bacteria" in your gut), Lipase 10 mg

Individually, you might look at some of the dosages and think "those are little underdosed" but keep in mind that their goal here is to give you at least a decent amount of basically everything your body really needs. Like I said above, if I'm looking for more glutamine, I'll take a glutamine sup or if I want more Lysine, I'll take a lysine sup.

So, as we all know, there's 11 pills in each "pak." One serving is 2 paks (so keep in mind the ingredients described above are referring to a full serving/2 paks). I took 1 pak per day as I am not a bodybuilder and not competing. There's really only one pill that I would call a "horse" pill. The rest are fairly normal. If you take pills with any regularity, these will be no different. I think some people have issues when they try to take a few at a time. I would mostly take them 2 at a time and I was fine. I took these in the morning while eating breakfast and drink a lot of water with them.

I did not have any bloodwork done when I was running the Animal Pak so I don't know the effectiveness from a scientific standpoint but I do know these worked. Prior to these I had not taken a multi-vitamin with any consistency for many, many years. Every once in a while I will take some of my 4 year old son's gummy vitamins (because they taste good). So, I experienced an overall better feeling in terms of my "well being" every day. I definitely was not as tired at the end of the day, as I was when I wasn't taking this. When the can ran out and I was waiting to get more, I immediately noticed that I didn't feel as "good" throughout the days. Yes, I know some of this was placebo effect but not all of it.

I bought the 44 pak can for $28.95 online. So at about 66 cents per pack, I think this is a great deal given the robust ingredient profile. These go anywhere from about $28 to as high as about $34 for 44 packs. I still think that's a decent price at the higher end but if you can score these for under $30, I think it's a steal given that it's not just vitamins in each pack.

Side Effects

The infamous "highlighter yellow" pee. Also, my pee smelled a little different. I knew to expect this before I started taking these so it didn't bother me in the least. I experienced no other side effects.

Conclusion

If you have never tried the legendary Animal Pak, try it. I feel like anyone who works out or lifts on a regular basis (you don't have to be a "gym rat" or body builder) should at least try one run of these. They would not have lasted all this time if they didn't work, especially in an industry where products are here one day and gone the next. Longevity tells you something. There are better options if you're looking for strictly vitamins and don't care about the aminos or performance complex (if you're supplementing separately) but for overall health for any gym goer, these are a must-have.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone ! (Got my Redcon1 RPG all ready for tomorrow's feast haha)

October 24, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Muti- Vitamins.
  • Most Comprehensive Multi-vitamin On The Market
  • Price
  • Has Good Liver Support
  • Affordable Enough
  • A Lot Of Pills!
  • Horse Pills

As an older male I try to stay healthy as possible but it seems that if I do get a cold once a year I get it 5 times or more, But on those few times I never get sick all year I do believe it is because I stayed on game with my Vitamins. I feel this is something that EVERYONE should be taking, in some sort of way that can be easy for them. I would even say that as a whole 80% of the population in the United states do not enough good things for us to get out healthy Vitamin intakes. This is just here to help.

I remember watching some old videos of the older Bodybuilders from back in the day working out and you would always see Universal products in the background. So yea I always wondered what that was. Then Hulk Hogan keeps preaching to take you Vitamins. So I have actually been into taking my Vitamins thank's to all these guy's. Animal pak is a trusted product that has been used by many for a long time and I feel you should too. But if you do not like all these pill's they do have a powdered version that is made for you as well.

We could be here all day talking about what all is in this. But I will try to not repeat what Cray has summed up on his review.
Five huge complexes on this.
Vitamin complex.
Pretty good, I like they have 30mg of zinc, I do wish they more Vitamin D in this, I find it really low in my opinion at only 680iu in two packs.
Amino Acid complex
I feel this one is set up pretty well for what is considered just a vitamin product.
Performance complex
Uni-Liver blend is what I am talking about. I do not know if you have taken this as a stand alone but I can say this is something that really seems to help me with strength recovery.
Antioxidant complex
Lots of great things in this to help you just feel better in general
Digestive Enzyme complex
I think some vitamins really miss this. If you are not digesting your vitamins better you will fail to utilize them the best way possible.

Now let me say there is SO much in the this I could never list or hit on everything. Like Cray mentioned it takes another top tier Vitamin like Vital4U to even compare to this stuff. I think I feel best on the others but I do say I tend to perform best at the gym on these.

Its pills and yes there is several, rather large ones in the pak. Don't be a wuss and just take these. They work.
I always took these along with my other staples in the morning. . I also only used one pack a day.

I loved these as much as my Vital4u. I think my immune system was a bit better with those than it was on the pak. But that being said I still had some truly great recovery and just overall energy on these. Actually so much I talked two guys at work into buying them and they are enjoying them as well.
I did hit a few extra PR's while taking these.. no I do not think it was a vitamin that did that but I do feel it, But I think it may have helped in other areas that possibly attributed to it.
Also as cray mentioned this does help some with digestion. Just enough to say that is helps. Nothing ground breaking but a help.

I think I found this online for 28 bucks for 44 paks. I took this one pak a day and found that enough for my needs. I feel this is a very solid buy.

Side Effects

Just several pills and sometimes can be a bit hard to swallow

Conclusion

Universal continues to make solid products year after year. I have always wanted to give this a run and glad I did. I will be getting these more often and would like to try out the animal flex at some point.

Huge apology to Universal for taking so long to get this review out I just recently took a new job and have been working crazy hrs.

September 20, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Ingredient Profile
  • High Dose Of Core Vitamins
  • Strong Organ Support
  • Robust Profile
  • Strong Digestive Support
  • Versatile
  • Some Ingredients Underdosed
  • IF YOU A Female Dog AND WHINE ABOUT PILLS NOT FOR YOU

You know what it is. This is the best vitamin product. Back up.

Ah yes. THE PAK. The quintessential kitchen-sink multi-vitamin for active lifters. If you haven't tried Animal Pak, do you even lift bruh?

I'm a believer in consistently taking a daily multivitamin in order to ensure you're meeting core nutritional needs. I usually stick to a basic, one-pill multi with a relatively simple ingredient profile; ON's Opti-Men is a good example. However I've run Animal Pak before - both the new powder formula and the older version of the paks - thus I jumped on the chance to try the newer formulation of the pill paks.

One final introductory note: I view multi-vitamins the same way I view protein - as a mandatory dietary staple; not a product I expect will take me to the next level.

Animal Pak is absolutely effing loaded and is slightly different from its powdered brother. There are five major complexes: Vitamin, Amino Acid, Performance, Anti-Oxidant, and Digestive Enzyme. While the powder includes a Uni-Pro Blend in the Performance Complex (a prop blend of protein and organ support ingredients), the pill paks include a fully disclosed profile of liver and organ support that is higher dosed and more robust than the powder, but lacks the inclusion of whey protein. A small difference, but notable. I personally prefer the profile of the pill paks here. Say that five times fast.

The only other change between the pill paks and the powder seems to be in the Amino Acid Complex. There are marginal differences in each of these ingredients between these two versions, but overall I think the pill version comes out slightly ahead.

I could write a doctoral thesis on the profile of Pak and how it compares to other products, which ingredients are appropriately dosed, which aren't, and so on. I'll try to do a quick hitter here:

Aside from the Vitamin complex, the other four profiles are basically unmatched by any competitor multi-vitamin. They are insanely robust. Even Vital 4U and its 14 different pills don't hold a candle to Pak on these four platforms. That said, Vital 4U has generally higher dosages of core vitamins and minerals i.e. vitamins A and C, and more ingredients that support the immune system and mental clarity. Even so, when looking at the Vitamin complex in a silo (which I feel is the most important of the five) it takes a product like Vital 4U stack up against the Pak. Your basic one-a-days aren't going to come close.

That's not to say the Pak is flawless. I think some of the profiles are a bit gratuitous. Most of the ingredients in the Amino Acid complex are under dosed, some drastically so. Tyrosine, for example, has a recommended daily dose of 500-1000mg daily. You get 164mg from 2 Paks. Now, I understand the intent here is to support reaching daily values, not to provide the full daily dose, but does 20% of your daily dose of something like Tyrosine really make a difference?

Regardless, as was the case with Animal Pak Powder, it's the Vitamin and Enzyme complexes that are the MVPs for me.

Each pak is 11 hard-packed pills that range from small to relatively large. I'll admit, even for someone like me who generally has no issues with pills, this is still a LOT of swallowing (zing). It took me around 10 oz. of water to get down all of these pills, and I was generally dosing only one pak daily with dinner. No issues with odor or powder burps it's just a lot of pills.

If you struggle with pills - go get the powder.

It's rather difficult to gauge a vitamin's effectiveness, but I knew I was taking the Pak. I absolutely felt a stronger sense of general health and wellness. Admittedly this feeling could be totally psychosomatic, but I did not get sick or have any sort of health issues while running this product. Both my kids came down with a small bug during the month I was running Animal Pak, and as usual I skated through unscathed. I haven't been sick in about a year, and when I ran the Animal Pak Powder I avoided the flu despite my entire family and half my office coming down with it. I have to think that's a testament to the effectiveness of this brand and this product.

One other note on effectiveness - the Pak doesn't fully replace a proper Digestive Enzyme. I didn't have quite the regularity that I do when I'm running that type of supplement, but I did notice a significant difference in my movements, even more so than I experienced while running the powder version (which is interesting given the digestive enzyme profile is identical). Again, although it may not fully cover a certain health aspect, the Pak assists and supports across the board.

The industry norm for a men's multi is roughly .50c per dose, with the more aggressive products running closer to $1.00 per day. The Pak falls in this range. At $29 for 44 paks and a recommended dosage of 2 paks daily for active individuals, you're looking at a price point of $1.32 per serving. Pretty pricey. That said, I saw solid effectiveness from running 1 pak per day and I honestly think smaller individuals or those already running a robust stack with a true digestive enzyme and amino acid supplement would do just fine with a single pak daily.

Side Effects

Conclusion

My recommendation of Animal Pak varies depending on the person. It is a solid, EXTREMELY well-rounded multi that I think can be used in a variety of fashions and can be relatively affordable depending on your wallet and how you dose the product. Am I buying this year round? No. But when I need as much health support as possible, this is where I am turning. Animal Pak is the king.

February 17, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Most Comprehensive Multi-vitamin On The Market
  • Good Ingredient Profile
  • Affordable Enough
  • Look Shut Up And Swallow It Whiner

My expectations were met with this product. There is not a hugely noticeable physique change but then again a multivitamin shouldn't be relied on for physique enhancement. Well done and complete, I feel that this multi covers more bases than most others on the market, a good buy.

For me to list each ingredient specifically with the dosage and efficacious dosing amounts would make this review a book, so if you are that interested in the nitty gritty check them all out for yourself. But anyways, the point is that not everything is in an effective dosage per single pak, however this is a supportive supplement and not a standalone. I REPEAT, THIS IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THE ONLY SOURCE OF MICRONUTRIENTS YOU CONSUME.

The ingredient list on the Animal Pak is enough to make your head spin. That is not to say that this is a dusted product, it isn't. A typical multi only contains the typical "alphabet" vitamins and a small dusting of other things like calcium, iron, iodine, zinc, and some other essentials in low doses. Animal pak has all of the basics included along with extras. Also included are an Amino Acid complex containing the BCAA's and EAA's imperative for protein synthesis and others which have related and supporting functions. The Performance Complex that supports the biological processes that need to take place for an athlete to do their best. The Antioxidant Complex that has a list of ingredients that are in place to help keep the body healthy against stressors both from within and from the outside. And the Digestive Enzyme Complex which is a bonus. What good are all the healthy nutrients you're taking in if you can't use them?

The pak is all pills so there isn't really a taste unless you have a hard time getting them down. Although per single pak there are 11 pills to swallow, so if you are bad with pills, good luck.

The dosing is varied, on the supplement facts all of the numbers are based on 2 paks but if you search around you'll notice that many users typically only take one and it works just as well for them. Find what works best for you. The label does include a notice that says in normal training seasons only one pak a day is necessary but for truly hardcore athletes who are on an extremely rough training regimen for competitive purposes it is recommended to take 2 paks a day spaced apart by a few hours.

I'd say that the effectiveness of this multi is great. I don't feel like it is the magic ticket to health and fitness but as long as training is intense, recovery is a priority, and diet is in check, this is definitely a supporter in all around health and athletic performance.

Animal pak is a little pricey, especially if you are on the 2 paks a day. a 15 pak goes for $15 and a 44 pak goes for about $27. The 44 pak is definitely the way to go. I will argue though, each pak contains 11 pills each so in all honesty I believe this is a fair asking price for what you get.

Side Effects

One and only side effect I've seen is that pee turns a nice neon yellow/green color. Do not fret, this is just extra vitamins showing in your pee, you are not going to grow an extra set of eyes anywhere, nor gain superpowers.

Conclusion

As far as multivitamins can go, I believe that Animal Pak is the most comprehensive of any of the multis out there. Even though it is a lot to swallow and can be a strain on the wallet it really is worth it.

Overall
Overall
9.5
  November 14, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Most Comprehensive Multi-vitamin On The Market

Hey guys. So this is the vitamin. I've been lifting for about ten years now and about five months ago switched from bodybuilding to crossfitting. I have always believed in the multi-vitamin and even more so since I started sweating buckets at the gym. I've tried numerous multis; Mega Man Sport from GNC, NOW's Adam, Airborne Immune Plus, Arnold's Iron Pack (currently running a box of this again) and a few store brand vitamins. I always come back to Animal Pak. Every time.

The necessity of a Multi cannot be ignored. I simply cannot eat enough food to replenish the micro nutrients I loose when I work out. If you work hard, you need a multi. The reason I keep coming back to Animal Pak is it's profile. It is not just a multi, it's an igniter! There are not just vitamins and minerals in here; there's BCAA's, Enzymes, Liver protectors and antioxidants. Pyridoxine alpha-ketoglutarate (PAK), carnitine, lipotropics, L-arginine, alpha lipoic acid, eleuthero, these are not typical vitamins, these are performance enhancers. The enzyme cluster helps activate other supplements and metabolic processes to keep you growing! Milk Thistle to keep your liver protected (the good doctors suggest between 160-800mg, the Pak sits on the low end at 250mg per pak). The BCAA list is impressive but they to are dosed a little on the low side. If you really wanted to supplement with extra BCAA's you'd be taking a extra supp anyways. Point is this supplement is incredibly comprehensive and well thought out.

Could not be easier. Take out a pak with breakfast and down eleven pills. No problem. The pills taste...well...I imagine if I want to a creek and picked a stone out of the water and chewed on it that they would taste a lot like that. You swallow them right down anyways so no big deal. Two things of note:
    First - the dosages listed on the side are for TWO paks, not one. One pak is enough for most of us. Two if you're going all out at the gym...or weigh 350lbs of solid mass.
    Second - So the body soaks up the most nutrients right after you work out. Well I thought that was the perfect time take a multi. Thought it would be a smart thing to take it with my shake. Thought it would be a smart thing to blend in the vitamins with my shake. Thought it was a a smart way to create in instant delivery system. I thought wrong. So. So. So. Wrong. Liquefied vitamins are beyond nasty. It was horrible, the after taste still haunts me. The delivery system worked though! I had the shakes for six hours!

If your body is the fire burning at the gym, Animal Pak is the match. It turbo's your immune system; I have not once gotten sick (not even a cold) while taking this supplement. Not. Once. Years of taking it, years of paying attention and I have only come down with something between cans or if I was taking another supplement. My results in the gym are better on this. It's difficult to measure the effectiveness of this with certainty but I once ran an experiment of the Pak vs NOW's Adam. Size wasn't all that affected but my strength gains were a little better on the Pak and I felt better for those 44 days. I feel good all the time on this, healthier. All the assurance I need.

A can containing 44 paks can be had for $23.00. You can find a lot more multis for far less but you get far less out of them. If you're looking for "Vitamins and Minerals" this is a great supplement that you will be paying far too much for. If you're looking for a body igniter that will give you all the Vit's and Min's you need plus an incredibly comprehensive profile of other ingredients to prime your body for some serious work, the Pak has you covered for a very fair price.

Side Effects

Like all strong multis. Your urine will glow in the dark. That Riboflavin (B2) turns you radioactive and results in neon yellow urine. If you really use your imagination it's almost like you're pissing out red bull...actually ingredient wise you might not be far off...

Conclusion

This the alpha supplement. The beginning of your stack should start with a good multi. The beginning of a great stack should start with Animal Pak, it will make your other supplements all the more effective. I cannot say enough good things about this supplement. After Animal Flex this is probably my favorite. The second I finish my Arnold Iron Pack I will be coming back to the Big Daddy and I will probably never leave again.

September 30, 2014

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Muti- Vitamins.
    • Has All You Nutreints
    • Good Ingredient Profile
    • A Lot Of Pills!
    • Horse Pills
    • Overwhelming To Take At First
    • Look Shut Up And Swallow It Whiner
    Results: I give an 8/10 because I feel it did just what it advertised and I'm fairly new to the supplement world. I choose Univerals Animal Pak over any others I've tried, " Orange triad or GNC Megaman, because the others made my joints hurt... strange.

Taste: 5/10 . It's pills.. some are very large "horse" pills..but the taste is well they are pills..

Side effects: None noted, well maybe trouble swallowing but simply because the pills are so numerous and large

Dosing: 7/10. The tin says 2/day. I take only 1, I've considered moving it to 2 but I feel it might be a waste of vitamins as my urine after taking is discolored but eventually resolves it self as I drink upwards of 1.5 Gal of water daily. So I felt 2 packs a day would be alittle over kill.

value: 8/10. 44 packs for 28$ that's about .65/dose unless one takes the recoomended dose of 2 packs a day so 22 packs for 28$ at 1.30/dose. it's arguable. But I say it's worth it.

Over all: 8/10. I rate this high mainly because I like the product but also because I dont' have alot to rate against it.

January 7, 2014

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Muti- Vitamins.
    • Has All You Nutreints
    • Most Comprehensive Multi-vitamin On The Market
    • Good Ingredient Profile
    • A Lot Of Pills!
    • Not Sure Which Pill Does What
    Let me start by saying I am a fan of Universal products, especially the Animal line! It's my favorite line. I'm a military officer, and I NEVER deploy without a supply of Animal Pak. If for no other reason than MRE's are nothing but calories, and I can't psychologically exist without knowing what vitamins I'm taking in.

Now, I've used this product on and off for as long as I can remember. I don't know if it actually helps at all, or it's just my piece of mind, but whichever I still use it. I never take 2 packs though, one per day is enough I feel to make sure I'm getting all my vitamins and minerals.

Yes, you have to swallow a ton of pills, but I figure that has to be more effective than a multi that claims they crammed all of that into one pill.

I take this with my morning protein shake, normally Animal Max, which does not have much of a vitamin/mineral profile. I do not take this with a MRP like Muscle Milk, which does contain vitamins and minerals. This is overkill IMHO.

There are several other packs out there. I suggest you try and find the one for you. For me, I'll stick with Animal.