Opti-Men

By: Optimum

Opti-Men is a Multi-Vitamin manufactured by Optimum. It is designed to help provide the body with a wide array of micro nutrients that are vital for optimal health. It could be described as an 'insurance policy' to ensure that you're getting all of your vitamins and minerals but it is still crucial to eat a balanced diet.

Does Opti-Men work?
Click to Expand
Manimal

I decided to sway away from the Animal Pak for a little bit since i am on my summer cut and i simply don't need THAT many vitamins. There is less wear and tear on my body and Opti-Men was recommended from some of the guys here at the TSR family. I have looked into it before and thought it might be good so i went ahead and made the purchase.

I was more than pleased with this Multi. It's got pretty much anything you need although, it lacks the milk thistle that is in the Pak but that's not anything terrible.

The price was nice, picked up a 180 count for 23 dollars with shipping which lasted me 60 days.
When it first arrived, i read the label quickly, eager to take it, and downed 3 pills at once with my breakfast since i was so used to pounding the 11 pill fiasco that came with the Animal Pak lol. As my day proCEEded and i urinated several times, i realized that i took way too many, way too soon. So i asked some of the fellas on here and turns out i misread the label dosage and it is to be taken multiple times a day- 3 a day, 1 with breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Started that dosage on the second day and have had nothing but great results since.

I experienced enhanced mood and natural all day energy. It also noticeably helped with recovery and my training regimen.

I'm not gonna go too in depth with whats in it because if you know anything about a multi vitamin, it is exactly what it says it is. Multiple vitamins, minerals, mixed with some EAAs (Essential Amino Acids). A must for anyone who involves in weight training and cardiovascular activity.

This is another staple for me that will be included in my cut phases for some time to come. I'm already on my second bottle and i highly recommend it.

Another thumbs up for Optimum Nutrition.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy To Swallow
  • Enhanced Mood
  • Natural Energy
  • Helps With Recovery
  • Recommended Dosage Gives You A Steady Flow Of Nutrients
  • Great Value

• kev4me

Solid review! thanks!
  • MMAFreak
    August 8, 2010

Great review as always broski!
  • steelforce
    August 8, 2010

Nice rewiew! Manimal thanks.
  • Manimal

Thanks fellas!

Good review.
    August 9, 2010

Lol lol lol Nice review again bro I'm about to try this myself I like the price and it sounds legit. I've never used the multi-Vitamins but better to have and don't need than to need and don't have lol. And the Vitamin C and K can help me with my freaking bone bruise.
    August 9, 2010

I'm defiantly going to try this after i finish my 2nd can of Animal Pak.
  • Maurice17
    August 9, 2010

My personal trainer who trained terell owens told me to get dis right here. Do it be workin or can i keep taking my flintstones vitmamins
  • chrislamb
    August 9, 2010

Solid review man! i just ordered this stuff to replace anavite. i see your into nutrition as a career, i'm trying to get into it as well and i was wondering if you had any first steps or advice?

In the past ten years (working out), I've used MANY different types of multi-vitamins. I'm a huge fan of Animal Pak, just to get that out there, and my only gripe is the number of pills you need to take per day. During an extreme stack, I'd always stick to Animal Pak. However, I started taking Opti-Men a few months back and found that it really had everything that I needed for a maintenance and cutting diet. My diet is pretty good although veggies are not as frequent as they should be. One real plus is that I am RARELY sick when taking this multi. It's an obvious plus to most vitamins however this one stands out above the rest.

Taste (?/?): they all taste bad (except Flintsones) so this isn't really rateable, but its absolutely better than Animal Pak.

Value (10/10): There really isn't a better bang for the buck. Multi-32X is pretty good as well and one that I would fall back on if I couldn't get this one but for overall value its very tough to beat.

Effectiveness: (9/10) As with any multi-vitamin, you still need to get external sources such as fruits and veggies. Even Animal Pak can't be considered your whole source of vitamins and minerals for a day due to rates of absorption so I'm not sure I'd ever give a 10/10 on this category. With that said however, this product gives you just about everything you'd need and then some for most diets.

Overall: (9/10) The only reason this is not a 10/10 is because in my opinion, Animal Pak has a slight edge due to it's "all-encompassing" approach. The added digestive enzymes in Animal Pak along with higher levels of certain vitamins give it an edge, especially in heavy bulking sessions, however that may not be something that everyone is looking for.

In summary, this is the only Multi that I will use going forward except on heavy, all out bulks (where I would use Animal Pak). For everyday use (maintenance and cutting) I would use this without question. Another side note is that pretty much anything made by ON is guaranteed quality so that has to be considered when determining your next Multi. Good luck.
  • Great Value
  • Immune System Benefits

• Cray
    October 11, 2010

Why don't you just marry Animal Pak?

Great review. Have you tried Mega-Men? They taste like friggin chocolate. Only multi that I've ever had that doesn't taste ***ty.
    October 11, 2010

Why is animal pak so special for a bulk vs this one???
  • dammit
    October 11, 2010

Animal Pak doesn't really aim for meeting daily requirements...it does that and 30X more. Getting 3000-5000% of daily recommended values won't help most people as they will just waste it away in urine. However, someone who is hitting the gym incredibly hard and gaining alot of mass certainly will need more than someone who's just walking to work each morning. For everything other than a huge bulk, (and even then its probably still totally effective) I'd use Optimen.
    October 11, 2010

Oh okay cool thank you....

RodrigoRM

This has been my first multivitamin ever and it has been one positive change. I continued to hear how important these supplements were for anyone who practiced sports and decided to give it a go. Now I am a firm believer that I need a multivitamin in any stack I decide to use in the future.

Profile: 9

Profile: 9

I love the profile of this multi. You get all the vitamins and minerals you could possibly imagine in pretty good doses. It has a "phyto" blend which is focused in aiding with the consumption vegetables and fruits even if it is in powder form. It further does have an "enzyme" blend which should aid with better absorption of micro and macro nutrients. You can see the multivitamin is not targeted for men but for men who are active with sport, I would not recommend this to my grandad. It has an amino-blend although small dosed to ensure you get some BCAA base. It further has a viri-blend which doesn't really need an explanation why you would need that.

Dosing: 10

Probably one of the highlights of this multi, you need to take 3 pills a day, one with each meal. This is very convenient and easy to remember which is crucial with a multivitamin. The pills are not too large and go down easy, that was my experience at least because people tend to differ in this matter. No unpleasant smell or taste/aftertaste came from the pills whatsoever.

Effectiveness: 8.1

I liked how my first experience with a multivitamin turned out. I had increased energy in general terms and my digestion of foods became much more friendly. I experienced a slight but noticeable improvement of my mood and will to do things. I have been sick once since taking these and I started them back in March so I would consider this to be an improvement in comparison to when I did not take them. I would say I was indeed satisfied with my immune system improvement. Recently I have been experiencing moderate joint pain which is a reason why I am choosing a different multi afterwards.

Value: 9.2

Again, because of the dosage, this supplement does have a pretty good value compared to other multivitamins. I am able to get a 60 day supply of these in amazon for under $20 which is pretty affordable. For a good quality multivitamin such as this I would say the price is fair to say the least.

Side-Effects:

You do get the neon yellow urine as a result of taking the multi. I don't have any particular problem with this. It doesn't make pee smell bad or anything.

Overall: 8.8

Perhaps the overall I am choosing seems a bit low but the thing is it mainly comes down to the effectiveness of products to me. Don't get me wrong I loved Opti-men and consider it to be a top notch multi but I think I need a multi that has some joint support. If I did not have any joint issues this would definitely be my multivitamin of choice and I highly recommend it to others. I am now going to try Orange Triad by Controlled Labs but if I am not satisfied with it I will return to using Opti-men.

• Improved Mood
  • Joint
  • Support

• RodrigoRM
    May 16, 2013

In "Cons" I meant to write "No Joint Support". Not sure why it came out funny.
  • PhatGame
    May 16, 2013

Nice review. I actually took this multi myself until I did a little research and realized many of the vitamins it contained were not in the best forms. For example, the b12 is the cyanocobalamin form or the magnesium is partially magnesium oxide. Your body wastes antioxidants breaking these down and they are not completely absorbed if at all. Not saying it's a bad product but I personally think there are better multis out there you just really need to do the research.

Optimum Nutrition Opti-men, a great product for those kind of short on cash and still want a quality multivitamin.

Content
Link to profile: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/men.html
Opti-men does a pretty good job In terms of offering everything that I look for in a good multi.
Contains Vitamin C, the fat soluble Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Along with the typical spectrum of B Vitamins. All at doses close to or above the RDA.
Contains Zinc, Copper, Magnesium and other important minerals. Though some of the minerals are a blend of or are present in their oxidized form....

Content
Link to profile: http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/men.html
Doesn't contain any Iron. At least the version I had.
Contains 800mg of a proprietary amino acid blend. Including some BCAAs and L-Arginine.
Contains some digestive enzymes and as well as Boron and Vanadium.
Contains various herbal and mineral extracts to help with overall health.
Dosing/Taste: N/A
Ran a bottle with 3 tablets all at once for a month straight stacked with D-pol an hour before working out. Or with breakfast on off days. With this dosing schedule, the full 90 tablet bottle lasted me exactly 30 days.
The tablets taste sour once they hit your tongue.
But after being swallowed they don't leave any nasty aftertaste or vitamin burps. The tablets are about average sized, and are pretty easy to swallow with enough water.
This category is always the hardest for me to judge with multivitamins. But, I did notice increased energy throughout the day and during workouts. My family has been on and off with illness this last month but I never got or felt sick but once or twice. As far as improvements in digestion and overall health increase, I can't honestly attribute anything to this product specifically though.
A full month supply will run you about an average of 15$ per bottle. Optimum does make a larger two month supply bottle that will cost right around 20$. Overall, that's a great value. But I feel that there are competitively priced products out there will definitely give a little bit more bang for your buck. This still is a great option for those who are a little short on cash. Or who don't to spend that much a multivitamin.
Again I feel this product is a great "in between" option for those with not that much money to spend. It offers some higher quality aspects with a lower quality price. Opti-men definitely worked better for me then I thought it would. But, there are better products out there that I feel I get more out of and am willing to spend my money on.
  • Neon Yellow Pee

• AlphandOmega
    June 7, 2012

And that didn't space right. Dangit.

0_0
    June 7, 2012

Why a thumbs in the middle. This is a solid MV at a solid price
  • vk
    June 7, 2012

Sorry mate but your review is contradictory as fcuk. I mean...seriously.

First, you give it 8 (9 for Value) and middle thumb? For me middle thumb is more like 4-6, definitely not 8.

Second, what's up with "for those with not that much money", really? Do you know that "regular" Multi cost about $10 for 100 day supply? Are those for total bums? What multi-vitamins are for the super loaded ones? There are only 1-2 known brands that may cost more than Opti and they are not necessarily better.

Then you say how you never got sick and in next sentence you say - "overall health didn't improve".

Finally, Neon Yellow Pee for Cons. What color do you want your pee to look like after you take your fancy-expensive multi, purple? Have you taken any quality multis that didn't make your pee look neon yellow?

Opti-Men is a great vitamins. One of, if not, the best. Don't take 3 pills at once, spread it through the day. Also, 2 pills is more than enough, 3 is little heavy on your liver.

Don't want to brag, but this review sucks butt.
  • AlphandOmega

@Vk
    LMFAO.
    Yes this was definitely not a quality review from me. But, if you don't like it then just neg rep me. Drawing a long list of all the things you don't like about my review just makes me laugh.

• SoCalLivin
    June 8, 2012

@vk- First of all, spare everyone your know it all attitude. Next, I know of 5 multi's off the top of my head that are twice the price of this stuff. And just because his health didn't get worse by getting sick, doesn't necessarily mean it had to get better. Also, saying this is one of, if not the best multi is only your opinion, and a debatable one at that. And, next time use the term brag in the right context. I think you were looking for "nitpick".
  • vk

@SoCalLivin
    List those 5 multis that are considerable more expensive than Opti-Men.
    I wil even help you out, Organge Triad and Animal Pack, what are the other 3 well-known ones?
  • SoCalLivin
    June 8, 2012

MHP's Activite, Myogenix Myovite, Muscle Pharm Armor-V, and although not twice as much, Gaspari's Anavite is always more expensive. If I really looked, I could probably find more.
    The motivation behind my comment was not to argue with you about vitamin prices, even though it can be done, clearly. The basis for my comment was to expose your lack of class when simply disagreeing with someone's review. There's a better way to do it and not look like a jerk.
  • BrooklynBuff
    June 8, 2012

I love this s.hit,bithcen over flinstone vitabites lol

Great multi-vitamin has everything you need and then some. Has an awesome vitamin and mineral profile like amino acids, digestive enzymes, saw palmetto, ginseng and ginko biloba. Taking 3 pills a day isn't bad at all plus they go down easy. I experienced no after taste whats so ever while taking these. Not a bad value either comes out to about 10 bucks a month. These will continue to be a staple in my supplement arsenal. Just another great product from Optimum in my opinion. I definitely recommended them to athlete's, bodybuilders or anyone in general.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy To Swallow
  • No After Taste
bosox516

Let me start out by saying that I will frequently drop a recommendation for an ON product, probably more often than I do any other product. I am not a rep for ON, and am not affiliated with the company whatsoever. These recommendations are based solely on the quality of experience I've had with a few of Optimum's products, and Opti-Men is no exception. This is the only multivitamin I have ever used with consistency, and I have no reason to try anything new. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, and Opti-Men certainly ain't broke. Other supps taken at the time were various, as this is a long supply: ON 100% Natural Pro Complex, 100% Natural Whey Gold Standard, AmiNO Energy, Jack3d, MRM Creatine Mono, Oxy Elite Pro... I think that's all. Now let's get to it...

Ingredient Profile: A-

Opti-Men has all the major vitamins and minerals you'd look for in a multi, plus a few extras. Now, you'll have to do your own research regarding the specific impact of all these micronutrients, but potential benefits include: healthy eyesight, healthy skin, stronger teeth and bones, stronger immune response, increased efficiency in DNA synthesis and cell growth, healthier thyroid hormone production, healthier hemoglobin production/oxygen transport efficiency in the blood, and infection prevention. Deficiencies in primary micronutrients can lead to serious health concerns, so Opti-Men covers all the bases. Depending on how rounded your diet is, you may only need 2 pills/day instead of the recommended 3, but this decision is up to you. While taking Opti-Men, I was also using Pro Complex, which contains a number of vitamins and minerals, so I kept my dosage to 2 pills/day. Opti-Men also includes some other substances that have been shown to positively impact health, including a number of plant extracts and other naturally occurring compounds, such as saw palmetto, green tea extract, ginseng, gingko biloba, nettles, garlic, and a number of fruit and vegetable powders. The amino blend is also a nice touch, though I feel it could be a higher amount.

Taste/Dosage: B-

Normally this category wouldn't have much bearing for a pill, but these are pretty formidable. They're not the biggest pills I've ever taken, but they're large and chalky, not smooth like your typical capsule or tablet. They also smell very strong, and you better hope one doesn't stick to your tongue. The oyster extract, combined with some of the other ingredients, create a pretty potent effect. You can smell them on your hand for a good few hours after taking them, even longer if you don't wash your hands.

Either way, I could down all 3 at once fairly easily with a good amount of water. If you have trouble with pills though, these will not be fun. Like I mentioned earlier, you may not even need all 3 to meet your requirements. But in any event, you might benefit from taking a single pill with food in the morning, then another two hours later with a snack, and the third at lunch, or something similar. This might make it less likely that the nutrients would be flushed from your system, although it's a less convenient approach. I can't speak for any added benefit with a staggered dosing protocol.

Effectiveness: A

The most important benefit of this product won't be felt, however it is proven that your body needs and benefits from a healthy supply of vitamins and minerals. Therefore, I will speak more about the extra bonuses of the not-so-main ingredients. These nifty gatherings of powders, extracts, and other compounds provide an excellent supply of antioxidants and vitamin precursors. With the placebo effect in mind, I will also venture to claim that this product provided me with extended natural energy and focus. I was taking the recommended dose of 3 pills/day during college classes, and these effects became apparent to me during a night class I had that went from 6-9PM. I found myself awake and alert, focused on conversation, and able to answer questions clearly and efficiently, without the need for coffee or some other source of energy. The addition of this multivitamin to my daily regimen was really the only change to my routine, so naturally I attributed this increased energy and focus to Opti-Men. This could, however, be misled, but I think it deserves mention (NOTE: this increase in energy and focus was before I started taking OEP). I did not notice any marked increase in mood, although my libido might be a bit stronger when dosing consistently. Overall, vitamins and minerals DO contribute to general health and well-being, and the extra ingredients in Opti-Men provide a variety of benefits, with potential increases to energy and focus. All speculations aside, I have to give effectiveness an A because micronutrients are simply that important.

Side Effects: B+

I couldn't detect any negative side effects aside from bright, blazing, smelly Hulk pee. You MUST drink plenty of water while taking this product to aid absorption, otherwise your body will flush out a lot of it. As long as you stay properly hydrated, and take the pills with food, this shouldn't be much of a problem. There were also no counterindications with any of the supps I mentioned at the beginning of this review.

Value: A

I got this bottle from Amazon at less than $18 for 180 pills, or a 60 day supply if you take 3/day everyday. To me, this is a more than reasonable price, especially for something that is so important, and packed with so many great ingredients. This is consistently offered with the "subscribe and save" option, which you can cancel at any time to avoid commitments, and it saves you a couple bucks. As long as this product is offered at this price, I will continue to buy it and recommend it.

Overall: A

Everyone should have a multivitamin, no matter your fitness and nutrition goals, or your opinions on supplementation. these micronutrients are just so important for overall health and well-being. From where I'm standing, Opti-Men is one of the best in terms of providing necessary ingredients, with some added bonus as well. I know there are other multis that are probably just as good, but this has suited my needs more than adequately, and I'm sticking with it.

I hope this helps someone make a decision. Any questions, please feel free to reply or PM me. Have a nice day, everyone!
  • Prolonged Mental Acuity
  • Hulk Pee

• hulkish1
    July 17, 2012

Who's calling me pee!?!?!?
  • beakington1
    July 17, 2012

Nice Review. LOL hulk pee is the best description I have ever heard.
  • bosox516
    July 17, 2012

Best thing I can think of lol. Mean, green, and beastly.

venom434

*High-Potency, Nutrient Optimization System*

i just finished my 3rd bottle of this and about to start on my 4th. i normally like to finish a product once, sometimes twice before i write a review to really get a feel on how effective the product is. but i decided to wait a little longer before writing this review because it's somewhat difficult to determine how really effective a MultiVitamin is.

*High-Potency, Nutrient Optimization System*

3 easy to take tablets is the serving size and dosage; for maximum absorption you should consume 1 tablet with each breakfast, lunch and dinner. taking these tablets i have not received an upset stomach like some people can get from other MultiVitamins.

typical neon yellow pee but that's normal with MultiVitamins, nothing to worry about. they have a very slight taste and smell that's hard to describe, nothing really bad that would prevent me from taking this; and a fairly smooth coating to them as well.

not going to get too detailed about the ingredient profile because it's exactly what the name implies, it's a MultiVitamin so it contains various vitamins and minerals.

although any MultiVitamin contains the basic ingredients, each brand is going to have their own tweaks to their products that they like to add. Opti Men contains extras like: 800mg Amino Blend, 525mg Viri Blend, 240mg Phyto Blend, 50mg Enzy Blend. it's a little too much to type whats in each blend, but you can search them if you'd like to know exactly what they are.

MultiVitamins don't necessarily give you "energy" like caffeine or any other stimulant, but when taking these i just feel more "energized" if that makes any sense? you might not notice a huge difference when taking these, but when you stop taking them or run out that's when you notice "hey these actually work".

you should not rely on a MultiVitamin to meet your daily nutritional needs, they're meant to fill in the gaps that you're not getting from your diet and i think this product us effective in that aspect. plus they can help boost your immune system.

value is good, i order mine from AllStarHealth.com - you can get 90 tablets for $11.99 or 180 tablets for $19.99.

great product - defiantly one of my favorites. easy to take, affordable, high quality and effective in what a MultiVitamin is intended for. i would recommend this to anybody; it might not have a ton of extra stuff like Animal Pak for example, but it's still a really good product. i am convinced Optimum Nutrition is one of the top supplement companies out there.
  • Improved Mood
  • Feel Energized
  • High Quality
  • Boosts Immune System

• datdude
    January 8, 2011

Sorry dude. I did find this very helpful! Hit the wrong button, damn smartphones!
  • jeffspelman
    January 8, 2011

Would you recommend this over animal pak?
    January 8, 2011

@datdude - no problem, it's cool. smart phones can be tricky lol, i have one too.

@jeffspelman - yes, i like this alot more than Animal Pak.
  • swerveut
    January 8, 2011

Very well written! Thanks for the review

Opti-men is my new favorite supplement. I used to take Animal Pak, but this is my multi now.

Price: 11/10. I got a 90ct bottle for about 12 bucks, and since I only take 2 pills a serving, that made a serving a little bit more than a quarter. Great deal, and I will probably buy in bulk in the future.

Taste/smell: 10/10. This was the most suprising aspect of this supplement to me. Coming from Animal Pak, I expected them to smell like someone ***ed in the can, but for some reason, it the pills smelled like cinnamon to me. The pills are small and easy to swallow, and do not taste bad.

Effectiveness: 8/10. Once again, it's kind of hard to gauge the effectiveness of this type of product, but I did notice a bit more pep in my step than the previous month, when I had no multi. This will also turn your pee into mountain dew, which brings into light a second good aspect to this supp, if you are dehydrated, you will know it. It is possible to have clear pee while taking this supp, but verrrry hard. I got clear pee at around 1.5 gallons a day.

Value: 11/10. Looking through the amount of everything in a serving (which was 3 pills) it looked like 2 would be wayyy enough. That put it at 45 servings for 12 bucks, so mad value.

Ingredient blend: 10/10. Not as insane as Animal Pak, but it has everything you really need, and a lot you don't. Some welcome extras are saw palmetto, for your prostate, BCAA's, Ginko, and ALA. In all, it's a great multi, and may not have kryptonite and shiz in it, but IMO its worth it not to have to swallow Animal Pak's 11 pills.

Overall: 9/10. A great ingredient list and a mega-low price make this my favorite multi. If you don't like swallowing Animal Pak's 11 pills, but still want a multi that packs a punch, this is a good choice. And if you're looking for something a bit less insane, but still a solid value, give Opti-Men a try.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mountain Dew Came Out Of My Willy
  • Not Quite As Insane As Animal Pak

• BrooklynBuff

Good review bro+
  • nmucha01
    July 25, 2011

Thanks man, Optimum still hasn't struck out for me yet
  • ecw1221
    July 25, 2011

Good review bro and this is a good product!
  • ATX
    July 25, 2011

So happy I made the switch from Orange Triad.

I agree the serving size is great.

Good review!
  • andrew17019
    July 25, 2011

I like these too...Animal Pak just gets stuck in my throat and I'm tired of looking for pills on the floor after the tiny bag explodes. Good review of the Opti-Men, it's a great product.
  • NoCielings
    July 26, 2011

Hey mistsa, great review, I may switch to this. Anavite is too expensive to be a staple in my stack!
  • markb16a
    July 26, 2011

I love this stuff. This is the best multi vitamin out right now. That is my opinion. And I love the Alien pee thing going on to. Good review. Thumbs up.

Opti-men in my opinion is the best multi vitamin thats affordable and very effective. It's a supplement I use year round and rate very highly. It's a must have everyday health supplement. The only other multivitamin I find as effective as optimen is Animal Pak, but very expensive to run year round. It's really a tossup between optimen and Animal Pak for best multivitamin.

Breakdown- Opti-Men is a Complete Nutrition optimizing system, it has 75 distinct ingredients. It's got a mind-blowing nutritional makeup to it, 25 vitamins and essential minerals with an emphasis on antioxidants and B-vitamins. My favourite aspect that optimen gives you is that it has 8 key free – form amino acids, which include arginine, glutamine & BCAAs. It also contains 20 antioxidants from rich fruit and vegetable concentrates to help Combat free radicals. It contains 4 specific enzymes for enhanced nutrition and digestion and absorption.

Effectiveness 10/10- Good clean energy,
less tired just an overall good sense of wellbeing. It also help's with my recovery by giving me a constant flow of vitamins and essential minerals spread throughout the day. Optimen is defiantly one of the best multivitamin's I have ever taken, the only multivitamin that I feel that actually works, along with Animal Pak. I have tired numerous cheap multi's, but they just don't seem to do the trick like the other two.

Value 10/10- Optimen can't be beat for value; I think it should be in everybody's daily supplement stacks on a year round basis. Compared to Animal Pak, optimen has 180caps which lasts 60 days, were as Animal Pak 44paks has only 22 servings per container. You can pick up optimen 180caps for $20/$25. If you can't afford that you can always opt for the 90cap serving of optimen which will give you 30 servings and can pick it for $10/$15.

Dosage 10/10- The tabs are of medium size and are pretty easy to swallow. 3 tabs a day split throughout the day, the best way to take optimen is one with breakfast, one with lunch in the evening, and one with dinner, taking along with meals helps absorption and will produce better benefits than taken it on an empty stomach, the majority of people who take pills on an empty stomach will get nauseous/sick feeling. I like to leave a space of around 5 hours for each serving as it helps give me a constant flow of vitamins and minerals for my hectic lifestyle.

Overall 10/10- You can't go wrong with optimen, it's my favourite multivitamin, and would recommend to anyone in a flash, everyone needs a good multi supplement in their stack, it's essential. Remember a multivitamin is not going to meet all your requirements of vitamins and minerals, you need a balanced healthy intake of vitamins and minerals from real foods, a multivitamin is to help aid in meeting these requirements
  • Enhanced Mood
  • Helps With Recovery

April 14, 2011

Good review, keep em coming! Love this stuff, my favorite multivitamin as well.
  • Cray

Excellent review.
    Also, LOVE the avatar.
    "Steroids Jimmah"...
  • steelforce
    April 14, 2011

Nice review man reads like a good book just can put it down.

I got a bottle of this as a free bonus with my order of the ON "Performance Stack" from bb.com. The only other multi vitamin I had taken prior to this product was the GNC Mega Men Sport Vitapacks. The thing I liked about these compared to the mega men is that you only had to take 3 pills, as compared to 7 pills of varying sizes. The importance of taking a multi vitamin can't be over looked. It should be square one in anyone's nutritional or supplemental regiment, and if you're not taking a multi vitamin, then you might as well not be taking anything else as far as I'm concerned. You get adequate amounts of all the essential vitamins and minerals with these vitamins, and a great baseline nutritional profile.

Effectiveness of this product I find difficult to gage since it's a multi vitamin. However the convenience and ease of use of this product is probably what I like best about it. The vitamins are rather large but slender and are pretty easy to put down. I found them to have a pleasant smell and taste to them as well. It might seem a little ridiculous and stupid to rate taste on pills, but I know I have taken pills before in the past that left a weird aftertaste or flavor on your tongue, and I never got that with these. Pop three of these with breakfast, and you are set for the day. You do get the neon yellow pee with this, but hey, I think that's kind of cool. The value of these is on point, a two month supply of your most important supplement for under 20 dollars (or 32 cents a serving if you want the logistics of it)...can't beat that with a stick.

This product might not have a crap ton of pills in a nice little pack, but for my money, this is one of the best deals out there for supplements and nutrition. I highly recommend and will probably stick with this as my multi of choice for as long as I workout.
  • Good Nutrients
  • Neon Yellow Pee

January 3, 2011

Yellow color pee is normal when taking multivitamins. it's your body filtering B Vitamins.
  • shinndigg
    January 3, 2011

Yea, I learned that after awhile. But in the army they have these nifty little pee color charts (I'm not kidding) that show if your pee is yellow that means you're dehydrated, kind of scared me at first until I realized what it was.
  • vegaskid07

Nice review!
    Id also recommend to split each pill with each meal, (breakfast, lunch, dinner)instead of all at once to fully get your moneys worth
    January 3, 2011

Who in their right mind would negative rep this review. Seems like a solid, well written and great personal account of a product.

Good review broski!
  • shinndigg
    January 3, 2011

Thanks a lot blade, I appreciate the props, can't appease them all I guess, ha ha
  • bulkingup
    January 4, 2011

How many capsule do you take a day? Is it really necessary to take 3 caps a day?
  • pabloc808

Very good product
  • tdc720
    January 4, 2011

I stopped using these because my urine smelled so bad. Never had a vitamin do this. Ever. Color is expected. But I'm not going to smell that all day.
  • jre5490
    March 13, 2014

Well if your pee is yellow that means that you're not using all of the vitamins that are in this multi. Your body gets rid of water soluble vitamins (B & C) that you don't use through urination.

Copyright © 2014 SupplementReviews.com. All rights reserved.