Home > Categories > Vitamins > Multi-Vitamins > Optimum > Opti-Men

Optimum Opti-Men

Opti-Men Optimum
Expert Rating:
User Rating: (83 Reviews)

Review Authenticity: 100% (Well Trusted)

Compare Similar Products:

Users who liked this product also liked:

Universal Animal Pak Reviews
Animal Pak (135 Reviews)
8.9
USP Labs Super Cissus Rx Reviews
Super Cissus Rx (52 Reviews)
Optimum Fish Oil Reviews
Fish Oil (19 Reviews)
Controlled Labs Orange Triad Reviews
Orange Triad (38 Reviews)

Products in the same category:

GNC Mega Men Sport Reviews
Mega Men Sport (49 Reviews)
Gaspari Nutrition Anavite Reviews
Anavite (34 Reviews)
NLA Performance Frat Pack Reviews
Frat Pack (26 Reviews)
NOW ADAM Reviews
ADAM (13 Reviews)
9.2

Related Forum Topics

I am taking Opti-Men right now,can I switch to vitamin E, Vitamin c, B- complex.
can I switch to a combination of vitamin E, Vitamin c, B- complex only....

Myoplex, Cellmass, Opti-Men vitamins, CLA, L-Arginine
Just got all of these and have been taking them at their recommended dosages for...

building lean muscle: Assault, Pro Complex, and Opti-Men. Am I missing anything?
I am currently trying to build lean muscle mass.  I am taking Muscle Pharm ...

Mega Men to Opti-Men.. Just made the switch
Been a long time user of Mega Men, but I decided to switch to Opti-men to try so...

How's my Lean Bulk Stack: Opti-Men, Kre-Alk 1500, Gluta-Lyn 1500, whey, etc
Hey everyone, still relatively new to the forum but I get almost all of my suppl...

Choosing between: orange triad, animal pak, Opti-Men, vitastack, anavite, mega men
I think I'm posting in the right forum  if not sorry. But I was trying...

Opti-Men vs Performaxx.
how do these two Multivitamins compare to each other? i've went through a c...

Opti-Men or Animal Pak?
Hi guys. I'm planning to add a multi-vit to my stack. But i'm in real ...

Get Involved!

Confused about Supplements?

FREE 7-Day Supplement Crash Course:

Description

Opti-Men is one of many multivitamins on the market today. What sets this one apart is the high quality ingredient profile and great value. Rarely will you find a multivitamin that includes a comprehensive blend of vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants and herbs that are specific to promoting male health.

A daily serving is 6 tablets. Ideally, split the dosage between breakfast and supper and make sure to consume it with at least 5g of fats to help with absorption.

Opti-Men Nutritional Info and Supplement Facts on: Links open in new window
Opti-Men Reviews:
Pros:
Cons:
  • Good Value (61)
  • Increased Energy (50)
  • Easy To Swallow (50)
  • No After Taste (45)
  • Neon Yellow Pee (25)
  • Hard To Swallow (7)
  • Do Not Take 3 At Once!! (7)
  • Your Body Doesnt Need That 3 Pills Worth Of Nutrients Daily (6)
January 3, 2011

Age: 23

January 3, 2011
 I got a bottle of this as a free bonus with my order of the ON "Performance Stack" from bb.com. The only other multi vitamin I had taken prior to this product was the GNC Mega Men Sport Vitapacks. The thing I liked about these compared to the mega men is that you only had to take 3 pills, as compared to 7 pills of varying sizes. The importance of taking a multi vitamin can’t be over looked. It should be square one in anyone’s nutritional or supplemental regiment, and if you’re not taking a multi vitamin, then you might as well not be taking anything else as far as I’m concerned. You get adequate amounts of all the essential vitamins and minerals with these vitamins, and a great baseline nutritional profile.

Effectiveness of this product I find difficult to gage since it’s a multi vitamin. However the convenience and ease of use of this product is probably what I like best about it. The vitamins are rather large but slender and are pretty easy to put down. I found them to have a pleasant smell and taste to them as well. It might seem a little ridiculous and stupid to rate taste on pills, but I know I have taken pills before in the past that left a weird aftertaste or flavor on your tongue, and I never got that with these. Pop three of these with breakfast, and you are set for the day. You do get the neon yellow pee with this, but hey, I think that's kind of cool. The value of these is on point, a two month supply of your most important supplement for under 20 dollars (or 32 cents a serving if you want the logistics of it)…can’t beat that with a stick.

This product might not have a crap ton of pills in a nice little pack, but for my money, this is one of the best deals out there for supplements and nutrition. I highly recommend and will probably stick with this as my multi of choice for as long as I workout.

Pros:
Cons:
  • Good Nutrients

Reputation: +981
yellow color pee is normal when taking multivitamins. it's your body filtering B Vitamins.

Joined: 12/2010
Reputation: +1044
Yea, I learned that after awhile. But in the army they have these nifty little pee color charts (I'm not kidding) that show if your pee is yellow that means you're dehydrated, kind of scared me at first until I realized what it was.

vegaskid07
vegaskid07

Joined: 11/2009
Reputation: +10
Nice review!
Id also recommend to split each pill with each meal, (breakfast, lunch, dinner)instead of all at once to fully get your moneys worth

Reply #4:

Joined: 2/2010
Reputation: +2878
Who in their right mind would negative rep this review. Seems like a solid, well written and great personal account of a product.

Good review broski!

Reply #5:

Joined: 12/2010
Reputation: +1044
Thanks a lot blade, I appreciate the props, can't appease them all I guess, ha ha

Reply #6:
bulkingup
bulkingup

Joined: 9/2012
Reputation: 0
How many capsule do you take a day? Is it really necessary to take 3 caps a day?

Reply #7:

tdc720
tdc720

Joined: 9/2011
Reputation: 0
I stopped using these because my urine smelled so bad. Never had a vitamin do this. Ever. Color is expected. But I'm not going to smell that all day.

Reply #9:
jre5490
jre5490

Joined: 3/2014
Reputation: 0
Well if your pee is yellow that means that you're not using all of the vitamins that are in this multi. Your body gets rid of water soluble vitamins (B & C) that you don't use through urination.

September 25, 2010

Raptorbh12

Age: 25

September 25, 2010
 I have ever so slowly been switching from Animal Pak to Opti-Men over the past several months. Opti-Men seems to be more geared toward overall fitness whereas Animal Pak is geared for strength training and lifting.
The Opti-Men pills themselves do not taste particularly good so its best to down them quickly instead of letting them marinade in your mouth while you scavenge something to drink.
These pills sit better in my stomach than other multi's which is why I have been taking them more often. If I take an animal-pak and go running, I will be burping up multi-vitamin for hours and animal-pak does not seem to help against muscle cramping due to water loss in endurance exercises. Opti-Men gives me a steady flow of nutrients up to 6 hours after I take a full dosage although you can split the 3 pills throughout the day or take them all in the morning, I do both depending on the situation.
Opti-men is very vitamin heavy but it does not have many "extras" like milk thistle or carnitine and im not saying these are necessities either. Overall I am impressed with the inclusiveness that is in Opti-Men and I like that it is more of an athlete vitamin rather than a bodybuilder vitamin. The price also makes it more affordable than its competitors.
  • Flushes Through Your System Quickly
Cray
Cray

Joined: 6/2010
Reputation: +2374
Nice review. Did not know you could take all 3 in the morning. Thanks!

brunoroc
brunoroc

Reviews: 10
Reputation: +10
you can take then any time during the day

Tylerjg26
Tylerjg26

Joined: 4/2012
Reviews: 2
Reputation: +5
nice review, my fav multi

August 8, 2010

Age: 19

August 8, 2010
  I decided to sway away from the Animal Pak for a little bit since i am on my summer cut and i simply don't need THAT many vitamins. There is less wear and tear on my body and Opti-Men was recommended from some of the guys here at the TSR family. I have looked into it before and thought it might be good so i went ahead and made the purchase.

I was more than pleased with this Multi. It's got pretty much anything you need although, it lacks the milk thistle that is in the Pak but that's not anything terrible.

The price was nice, picked up a 180 count for 23 dollars with shipping which lasted me 60 days.
When it first arrived, i read the label quickly, eager to take it, and downed 3 pills at once with my breakfast since i was so used to pounding the 11 pill fiasco that came with the Animal Pak lol. As my day proCEEded and i urinated several times, i realized that i took way too many, way too soon. So i asked some of the fellas on here and turns out i misread the label dosage and it is to be taken multiple times a day- 3 a day, 1 with breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Started that dosage on the second day and have had nothing but great results since.

I experienced enhanced mood and natural all day energy. It also noticeably helped with recovery and my training regimen.

I'm not gonna go too in depth with whats in it because if you know anything about a multi vitamin, it is exactly what it says it is. Multiple vitamins, minerals, mixed with some EAAs (Essential Amino Acids). A must for anyone who involves in weight training and cardiovascular activity.

This is another staple for me that will be included in my cut phases for some time to come. I'm already on my second bottle and i highly recommend it.

Another thumbs up for Optimum Nutrition.
Pros:
Cons:
  • Easy To Swallow
  • Enhanced Mood
  • Natural Energy
  • Helps With Recovery
  • Recommended Dosage Gives You A Steady Flow Of Nutrients
  • Great Value
    kev4me

MMAFreak

Joined: 3/2010
    Reviews: 40
    Reputation: +1729
    Great review as always broski!

steelforce
    steelforce

Joined: 8/2009
    Reviews: 8
    Reputation: +395
    Nice rewiew! Manimal thanks.

Reply #4:

MOFF

Joined: 8/2010
    Reviews: 10
    Reputation: +63
    lol lol lol Nice review again bro I'm about to try this myself I like the price and it sounds legit. I've never used the multi-Vitamins but better to have and don't need than to need and don't have lol. And the Vitamin C and K can help me with my freaking bone bruise.

Reply #7:

Reputation: +981
    i'm defiantly going to try this after i finish my 2nd can of Animal Pak.

Reply #8:
    Maurice17
    Maurice17

Reputation: 0
    my personal trainer who trained terell owens told me to get dis right here. Do it be workin or can i keep taking my flintstones vitmamins

Reply #9:
    chrislamb
    chrislamb

Reviews: 5
    Reputation: +13
    solid review man! i just ordered this stuff to replace anavite. i see your into nutrition as a career, i'm trying to get into it as well and i was wondering if you had any first steps or advice?

April 23, 2010

Age: 32

April 23, 2010
     I have to say that this is by far my favorite multi-vitamin. I have tried a wide variety of MVs, from bargin basement vareities to GNC Mega Man/Sport. This beats them all hands down. The only one I haven't tried to Animal Pak, but I have had such great experiences with this, I don't think i will by trying it anytime soon.

The nutrient breakdown is great. It contains all the core vitamins and minerals along with a nice nice Viri-Blend and botantical traits and key amino acids.

Serving Size is recommended at 3 per day, but I stick to 2 a day. One in the morning with breakfast, half pill at lunch and half pill at dinner.

Even better than the nutrient breakdown is the price. This can typically be had at under 18 dollars for 180 pills. Definately a wise investment in any person's training diet.
      Ballsohard88
      Ballsohard88

Joined: 2/2013
      Reputation: 0
      Short and sweet. Great review for Mulit-Vitamins.

January 21, 2010

birdman2211

Reviews: 38

Age: 31

January 21, 2010
       Great multi-vitamin has everything you need and then some. Has an awesome vitamin and mineral profile like amino acids, digestive enzymes, saw palmetto, ginseng and ginko biloba. Taking 3 pills a day isn't bad at all plus they go down easy. I experienced no after taste whats so ever while taking these. Not a bad value either comes out to about 10 bucks a month. These will continue to be a staple in my supplement arsenal. Just another great product from Optimum in my opinion. I definitely recommended them to athlete's, bodybuilders or anyone in general.
      Pros:
      Cons:
      • Easy To Swallow
      • No After Taste
        October 31, 2013

coolaaron

Reviews: 5

Age: 21

October 31, 2013
        Really helps overall body function. They're a must have.

I have tried a few different Multi-Vitamins in the past but none to this standard. They really are a good product and I will be making them a staple of my year round stack.

I find that people (including myself) tend to overlook Multi-vitamins when buying supplements but after using these it really opened my eyes as to how important they are. They may not directly build muscle but by keeping bodily functions ticking and in good health and by helping you to keep away colds and flus it could be said that they indirectly help build muscle and sty in shape.

When I first started to take these we were just starting to enter the winter (late Oct/early Nov) and usually at this stage my lips would start to crack a little and I would always get a runny nose and a slight cold but when I started to take these my lips didn't crack and much to my delight the runny nose and cold never showed itself like it did every year previous. Also I felt that my sleep quality had improved and we all like improved sleep.

Another thing I liked about this product was the low dosing needed. All you need is three a day and your good to go not like the famous seven a day pain of animal pak. I wouldnt recommend taking three all at once though because when I did my pee was a neon yellow even though I was drinking plenty of water. One thing to note though is make sure not to suck on them or hold them in your mouth for long because if you do the taste is horrific and will make you cringe every time you think of it. If you dont delay too long with swallowing it, which is easy because they arent that big, then there are no taste probs at all.

In terms of dosing and price, its highly dosed on every thing you need for daily needs so no complaints there and also no complaints on pricing either. Its well worth the money.

Overall, I really really like this product and cant see myself ever using another multi-vitamin. The reason it didnt get 10 overall was because I will never forget that horrible taste after leaving it to sit too long on my tongue. (Scarred for life) However I still cant look past them in terms of helping my body stay healthy.
        • Neon Yellow Pee
        • Do Not Take 3 At Once!!
        August 29, 2013

sebyursu88

Reviews: 7

Age: 24

August 29, 2013
        Best Multivitamin

I am writing this review after deciding that this ws overall the best multivitamin i have used. I first took multi vitamins one year ago. Since then I have not gotten sick even once. What makes optimen stand out in front of other multi vitamin supplements is that you only have to take three pills, one pill three times a day, to provide an optimum dosage of vitamins. Pills are easy to swallow, don't taste bad and cheap if you buy the 180 pack. I would recomend using a multi vitamin, and optimen would be the best I have taken.
        • Not Quite As Insane As Animal Pak
        August 6, 2013

ava5147

Reviews: 7

Age: 21

August 6, 2013
        Great, cheap option for complex multivitamin

Took 2 bottles of this product a little while back, I've since switched to Orange Triad which I've been taking for 2 weeks now. Anyhow, focusing on opti-men:

Optimen is a multivitamin - pretty self explanatory. Definitely a must with any sort of nutrient depleting exercise or workout regiment. This vitamin will ensure you are meeting all of your daily needs, AT a price you can afford. For a full list of the nutrient profile see here: http://www.optimumnutrition.com/products/optimen-mens-multiple-p-180.html

Value (10/10)
        180 count ran me a little over $20 bucks from DPS nutrition. If you go with the suggested dose of 3/day, you're looking at 2 months worth of vitamins.. At this price, very good deal. If you're not a psycho and are considering only taking 1 or 2 per day, it's an even better deal!

Taste (N/A)
        It's a multivitamin. You're not going to take this with taste in mind. With that said, they don't taste horrific, just don't suck on 'em like they're tic tacs.

Effectiveness (8/10)
        For me, the effectiveness of a multivitamin is so difficult to gauge. I would say the effectiveness behind taking this is more a psychological one - that I feel better about myself and my body because I know I'm doing the right thing by getting all my nutrients. If you check out the nutrient profile, you'll see you get pretty much 100% of everything.

Overall I would strongly suggest buying these if you're looking for a solid staple supplement in your arsenal. Obviously you're going to get the neon green pee, so make sure you're drinking plenty of water as per usual. Oh and take with food to aid absorption.

• Very Affordable
        • Your Body Doesnt Need That 3 Pills Worth Of Nutrients Daily
        • Do Not Take 3 At Once!!
        May 16, 2013

Age: 22

May 16, 2013
        My First Multivitamin: A Great Start

This has been my first multivitamin ever and it has been one positive change. I continued to hear how important these supplements were for anyone who practiced sports and decided to give it a go. Now I am a firm believer that I need a multivitamin in any stack I decide to use in the future.

Profile: 9

I love the profile of this multi. You get all the vitamins and minerals you could possibly imagine in pretty good doses. It has a "phyto" blend which is focused in aiding with the consumption vegetables and fruits even if it is in powder form. It further does have an "enzyme" blend which should aid with better absorption of micro and macro nutrients. You can see the multivitamin is not targeted for men but for men who are active with sport, I would not recommend this to my grandad. It has an amino-blend although small dosed to ensure you get some BCAA base. It further has a viri-blend which doesn't really need an explanation why you would need that.

Dosing: 10

Probably one of the highlights of this multi, you need to take 3 pills a day, one with each meal. This is very convenient and easy to remember which is crucial with a multivitamin. The pills are not too large and go down easy, that was my experience at least because people tend to differ in this matter. No unpleasant smell or taste/aftertaste came from the pills whatsoever.

Effectiveness: 8.1

I liked how my first experience with a multivitamin turned out. I had increased energy in general terms and my digestion of foods became much more friendly. I experienced a slight but noticeable improvement of my mood and will to do things. I have been sick once since taking these and I started them back in March so I would consider this to be an improvement in comparison to when I did not take them. I would say I was indeed satisfied with my immune system improvement. Recently I have been experiencing moderate joint pain which is a reason why I am choosing a different multi afterwards.

Value: 9.2

Again, because of the dosage, this supplement does have a pretty good value compared to other multivitamins. I am able to get a 60 day supply of these in amazon for under $20 which is pretty affordable. For a good quality multivitamin such as this I would say the price is fair to say the least.

Side-Effects:

You do get the neon yellow urine as a result of taking the multi. I don't have any particular problem with this. It doesn't make pee smell bad or anything.

Overall: 8.8

Perhaps the overall I am choosing seems a bit low but the thing is it mainly comes down to the effectiveness of products to me. Don't get me wrong I loved Opti-men and consider it to be a top notch multi but I think I need a multi that has some joint support. If I did not have any joint issues this would definitely be my multivitamin of choice and I highly recommend it to others. I am now going to try Orange Triad by Controlled Labs but if I am not satisfied with it I will return to using Opti-men.

• Joint
        • Support

Joined: 3/2010
        Reputation: +267
        In "Cons" I meant to write "No Joint Support". Not sure why it came out funny.

PhatGame
        PhatGame

Joined: 5/2013
        Reputation: +21
        Nice review. I actually took this multi myself until I did a little research and realized many of the vitamins it contained were not in the best forms. For example, the b12 is the cyanocobalamin form or the magnesium is partially magnesium oxide. Your body wastes antioxidants breaking these down and they are not completely absorbed if at all. Not saying it's a bad product but I personally think there are better multis out there you just really need to do the research.

March 13, 2013

tattooedred

Reviews: 1

Age: 30

March 13, 2013
         This is great multi-vitamin for the price and overall effectiveness. You can get this stuff everywhere, so shop accordingly. I get good natural energy from this vit all day and it's a simple dose of three medium sized pills. The pills are grainy, having no coating, but pills aren't made for their taste. I take them first thing in the morning for best results. You don't seem to *** these out right away like many other vit packs and liquids. You can rock from bb. com for around twenty-eight bucks, not a bad deal.
        • Great Value
        • Very Affordable
        • Not Quite As Insane As Animal Pak

Have you used Opti-Men? Submit your own Review!