trobbs12

• Linked social media account
TROPHY CASE

Deals Shared

*Rookie League

*Rookie League = only among other members in their first year on SR. trobbs12 will be eligible for rookie league trophies for another 304 days.

Reviews by trobbs12

Anytime I have walked into a GNC or any supplement shop I have always been curious as to what this Performix Ion with Terra Intelligent Beads pre-workout was all about so I had to find out for myself!

----Ingredient Profile----
Performix ION Pre-workout Complex (3,714 mg) Unfortunately, a lot of companies combine their ingredients as a blend when listing the amounts in grams or milligrams so it is unknown to the buyer how much they are getting of each ingredient.

Carnosyn Beta Alanine- Reduces fatigue during a workout
Citrulline Malate 2:1- Benefits nitric oxide production and increases ...

Carnosyn Beta Alanine- Reduces fatigue during a workout
Citrulline Malate 2:1- Benefits nitric oxide production and increases amino acid delivery to the muscles
Betaine-Anhydrous- Helps with maintenance of intestinal function and cell production
Creatine HCL- Fuel source for ATP which is energy used during quick and intense activity
N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine- Amino acid that helps cognitive processes, building muscles, cell growth, and recovery
Caffeine (175mg) Roughly equivalent to the caffeine in 1.75 cup's of coffee

The purpose of the terra beads is to keep you from getting that mid-workout crash so they actually get into your system slightly slower. It's almost as if you are taking more pre-workout during your workout without having to actually do it!

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
At first I was very skeptical about the whole terra beads things because I was not wanting to be drinking a pre-workout with basically little pebbles in them but for the most part I didn't notice them too much until the very end of the drink where a good amount of the beads had sunk. Unfortunately, some of the beads were still stuck to the sides of the shaker cup at the end of the drink. The actual flavor was decent but not outstanding. I have had better tasting blue ice flavored pre-workouts. The serving size is 1 scoop (5.2g) 20-30 min before your workout. Performix recommends that you shake the tub so that the beads are evenly distributed in the powder. I would also recommend that when you do this that you wait a minute before you open the tub up because you will get a huge puff of pre-workout right into your nostrils and it is not fun.

----Effectiveness----
So far I have taken #Shatter and Beyond Raw Lit and I have to say that overall I felt Performix worked about equal to the other ones but the terra beads really made a difference. I really felt that Performix stayed with me throughout my entire workout unlike most workouts that wear off in the first 30-45 minutes. It was really incredible to see how long the energy lasted. I felt super focused while taking Performix as well. I could feel myself getting in a nice groove during my workouts. Because I felt really focused while taking Performix I decided to try half a serving before studying for a test and I actually noticed a difference!
I would recommend using the directed 1 scoop because I tried 1.5 scooping it once and it actually hindered my workout. Performix really hit then nail on the head with the dosage because any less of the key ingredients then I didn't really feel the pump but taking too much of it then you start to feel sick. The actual pump was actually caught be a bit off guard because I was not expecting it all. It wasn't a crazy pump but It was noticeable.
----Value----
The price per serving for the 20 servings was $1.50 which was a little more pricy than the vast majority of other 20 serving pre-workouts. However, you really get what you pay for with the terra beads.

----Side Effects----
-Slight tingling sensation on body from beta alanine (I do not find this is a side effect for me but some people just do not like it)

----Conclusion----
Overall I enjoyed using this product and now understand what the hype about the extended release was all about. I would definitely recommend to people who aren't afraid to drop a pretty penny on their supplements!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Unique Delivery System
  • Time Released
  • Unique Energy Delivery

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)

I found out about SR just by curiosity of how some supplement products matched up with others. The reason I am writing this review is to help other people like myself to be able to gather enough information in order for them to make a decision of whether they want to buy a product or not. My fitness goal is to make a gradual increase in muscle as I am a collegiate athlete in soccer.

----Ingredient Profile----

Creatine (1.5g)- Helps muscles to make and circulate ATP which is the energy for quick and intense activity
Ancient Pea...

Ancient Peat Apple Extract (150mg)- Supports ATP
Caffeine (250 mg)- Equivalent to amount of caffeine in about 2.5 cups of coffee
L-Citrulline (3g)- Amino acid that supports nitric oxide production
Nitrosigine (1.5g)- Increases plasma arginine levels (Arginine- Amino acid that supports blood vessel tone)
Beta Alanine Carnosyn (3.2g)- Delays fatigue and creates a slight tingly feeling on your skin

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

The Blue Raspberry is a very good tasting flavor. It is almost like having a liquid blue ICEE! The dosage is 1 scoop (13.76g). One thing that stood out to me about this pre-workout was the fact that it has 3.2 grams of beta alanine per serving. This is almost twice of what a majority of pre-workouts use in their dosage. I am a big fan of this because it will help delay your fatigue even more! You should take this pre-workout about 20-30 minutes before you start your workout.

----Effectiveness----

It takes about 30 minutes to start feeling your body "tingle" from the beta alanine. This is very minor and the benefit of feeling less fatigued throughout your workout far outweighs a minor tingle. Less fatigue means you can get more sets in! While taking Lit I was nowhere near as tired during my normal workout as when I was not taking any pre-workout. I even added 3 more sets of different lifts to my routine! Along with the beta alanine, you can really feel the creatine working because your muscles aren't so gassed as soon as you finish a set. I took this on an off for a month to see if it was actually the pre-workout making my workouts easier or if it was all in my head. I concluded that it was not all in my head because when I went off of Lit my reps decreased and my fatigue came quicker. I noticed a large increase in strength while taking Lit because I was able to do more sets as well as be able to pump out my sets easier so I would gradually increase the weights. Obviously, if you are increasing weights you are increasing strength! As for focus I didn't really notice a giant change but I did notice that time seemed to fly by when I was working out.

----Value----
The price was $39.99 for 30 servings ($1.33/serving). This is definitely on the pricier side of pre-workouts. But, it makes sense that it is more because what's unique about it is the amount of beta alanine in it along with the fact that it contains nitrosigine. Although it is a little more pricey I would say it is worth the money because the results were there!

----Side Effects----

Minor tingling from Beta Alanine as well as taking more than what is suggested can lead to nauseousness and really fast heartbeat during workout. Also, do not take this if you workout at night because it has 250mg of caffeine and will make it hard for you to sleep.

----Conclusion----

There are very few pre-workouts that surpass Beyond Raw Lit. The taste is excellent along with the overall effectiveness. Some pre-workouts have incorrect dosages so you will not feel anything during your workout but with Lit you feel great throughout your entire workout. Overall this is a very good pre-workout with a lot of quality ingredients that make it a one-of-a-kind. I strongly recommend!
  • Cool Color
  • Excellent Endurance
  • Keeps You Awake

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
I felt like I hit my peak and I needed to find something to give me a boost and help my muscles to continually grow. So, I did some research and saw this product that said, "8-week clinical results +6.3 lbs of mass, +120 lbs on leg press". I am not a very gullible person but I noticed some good reviews along with that and so I decided to give it a try.

***Banned substance free***

***Banned substance free***
Bio Active Peptides (1.5g)- Protein fragments extracted from bovine (cow) colostrum. In other words, it is a powdered version of the milky fluid that comes out of female cows the first few days after giving birth before real milk comes out.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I had the unflavored Bio-Gro and it is truly unflavored. I mixed it in my protein shake after every workout and never even knew it was there! If you are over 200lbs it directs you to take 3 scoops in the morning and 3 at night. If you are under 200lbs then the dose is 2 scoops (1.5 grams per scoop) in the morning and 2 scoops at night. Each scoops is equivalent to 25 grams of whey protein so if you are over 200lbs and you are following the directions completely you are getting 150 grams of protein just from Bio-Gro alone in a single day. Because I wanted to not use all of the product so quickly I actually would use 2 scoops in my protein shake only on days I worked out and it worked very well for me.

----Effectiveness----
Bio-Gro went above and beyond what I expected it to do. I noticed a huge difference in the gym and in the mirror. I'm a 5'9 soccer player and I went from 165 when I started taking it to 172 after finishing it which was about 2 months. (I guess that 8 week study where the subjects gained above 6lbs was true after-all) I did not change anything with my diet nor take any other supplements other than the usual protein.
I did not notice result right away. Now, it could be be like most supplements where you don't notice a difference in the first week or because I was not using the correct dosage and my guess is that it's the latter. But, after the first week the results hit like a train. Not only did I notice my muscles looking bigger but my recovery time was incredible. I would wake up the day after a very hard lift and I felt so much better than I usually would without Bio-Gro. It gets into your system so quick that it repairs those micro-tears in your muscles before you can even start to feel sore. Ever since I finished the tub of Bio-Gro I noticed that I am just not seeing the gains as much as I did before.

----Value----
The value here really depends on how you choose your dosing. For a 60 serving tub each serving is $0.50 so if you are 200lbs are over and follow those directions you are going to be having $3.00 worth of servings a day. Do the math, that's a $30 supplement gone in under 3 weeks. For me the value was great because again I only did 2 scoops on lifting days which was usually 4 days a week so I was using only about $4 worth of servings a week. So it really depends on how you want to do the dosing if you actually are getting a good value or not.

----Side Effects----
None other than if you are not careful with getting the scooper out of the tub it can make a real mess on your hands or if you spill a little because it is so powdery.

----Conclusion----
I would really recommend this product to others. I loved the fact that I could just add it to my protein shake instead of having to make a whole other drink for it. Not only that but the results were there. My weights were increasing constantly and so were my muscles very noticeably. I will definitely buy more of this product.
  • Easy To Mix
  • Increased Muscular Fullness
  • No Flavor
  • Increases Recovery
  • Decreases Muscle Soreness
  • Awkward Tub
  • You May Need More Than 1 Scoop At Time Depending On Your Weight.
  • One Tub Does Not Last A Full Month For The Average User
  • Kind Of Messy

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
I am a soccer player in college and I started to take #shatter because I stopped feeling motivated to lift but after I started taking this I really was eager to get in the gym everyday. You can really push yourself to your limits while taking this!

*Creatine Free Pre-workout*
Beta Alanine Carnoysyn (1200 mg)- Delays fatigue during a workout
Adenosine 5'- Triphosphate Disodium (ATP) (200 mg)- Energy for quick and intense activity
Caffeine (160mg)- Equivalent to about 1.5 cups of coffee

----Taste/Mixabi...

*Creatine Free Pre-workout*
Beta Alanine Carnoysyn (1200 mg)- Delays fatigue during a workout
Caffeine (160mg)- Equivalent to about 1.5 cups of coffee

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
The flavor I had was watermelon fusion and although I am not a huge watermelon fan it was actually very good. It reminded me of a liquid version of watermelon sour patches. There was one scoop in a serving which is pretty standard for pre-workouts. There is 1200 mg of Beta Alanine which is about the average or maybe even slightly less than average of other pre-workouts. However, it is still enough to get the job done.

----Effectiveness----
I was very skeptical about how well this pre-workout would work because anytime I see "statistics" on a supplement I automatically believe it to be bs. #Shatter claims that subjects gained 8.8 lbs in 12 weeks while taking it along with a 147% increase in muscle strength. Although I did not quite hit the 8.8 lbs (I got to 7.9lbs) it was still fairly accurate for the most part and I genuinely believe that #Shatter played a good part in that muscle gain because I did not change my diet at all while I was taking it. I noticed that I also seemed a bit more focused while taking this as well. Right before each set I would start to get into my mind that I am going to get X amount of reps no matter what and for the most part I found it to be successful.

----Value----
#Shatter's price per serving is about $1.17 (30 servings). I did some research and found that this was much higher than most of the other pre-workouts. Out of 120 pre-workouts there were only 20 that were more expensive per serving of 30 servings. Although the price is definitely higher than the vast majority you do get what you pay for here. #Shatter is the only pre-workout that contains ATP so there is a good reason for it to be a little more pricy.
----Side Effects----
-Slight tingling of the skin due to beta alanine
-Nauseousness and possible diarrhea if you exceed the serving size

----Conclusion----
Overall I felt that this product worked really well and tasted great but it was still a little out of the budget. I'm sure there are other pre-workouts that could give similar results though.
  • Strength