str8edge

• Reputation is somewhat low. (+41)
  • Member has been active for 4 years, and was last online 2 years ago
  • Member has only posted 4 reviews
  • Low community participation

Reviews by str8edge

December 28, 2014

• Good Before Bed
  • Good In The Morning
  • Colesterol Is Too High.
I am back again with another protein review. This time for BSN Syntha 6. This product has been on my "To-do" list for a while now and about 2 months back, I got a chance to check it out. So, kindly bear with me while I sequence my thoughts and put together my evaluation of the product.

(8\10)
One look at the label, and you can tell that this is not your simple protein supplement, it's more of a meal replacement. It has got 200 calories per serving, dominated by whey concentrate, and followed by some other players like calcium caseinate, whey isolate, egg albumen, and a few tiny particles of hydrolyzed whey, and a few pieces of glutamine here and there, thus forming a wide spectrum of 22g of protein. This is, in my opinion, a not very bad approach to forming a "protein-acious food". Afterall, I do this kind of a thing when making my own recipes, by combining eggs with some cottage cheese, while preparing my dinner. It also has about 15g of carbs, some sunflower oil, and some MCT's among others, making a very balanced meal overall.

(8.7\10)
As this was my first run with the product, I was playing it safe, and being circumspect, by choosing the Chocolate Milkshake flavour, and it failed to disappoint. The taste was simply yum! I usually like to add a bit of these low calorie sugar substitutes while mixing my protein with milk, and this product did not require that. For a product composed of so many different forms of protein (eggs being one of them), the mixability on this was effortless. Just a few hard shakes, and it was waiting to be consumed by me. At 200 calories per scoop, and bearing my idea to "get lean,stay lean" in mind, I would essentially consume about 1 to 1.5 scoops post workout on a regular basis. Despite this, the product saw me through the entire of last month.

(8\10, I guess)
This section is tough for a protein review, but it did help me sustain my muscle and strength gains. So......

(8\10)
I usually don't talk much about this because the dollar rates keep varying on a daily basis here in India, but I was pretty much satisfied with the purchase I made. (Albeit the product was on sale).

Side Effects

(??????)
I repeat...??????????

Conclusion

My first run with Syntha 6 was extremely pleasing and satisfying. I was looking to get some quality calories to help me build some muscle and Syntha 6 has stood by me in every aspect of that hunt. That being said, I don't think (or atleast don't know) if it would help the average Joe in his search for gains. This product is perfectly hand-crafted for a person who is on the skinny side and is looking to get in some quality calories. Who it also applies is a person belonging to the working population, he who is on the move and finds it difficult to make time for preparing his own meals.
Given the ingredients in the formulation, the price may sound a tad on the expensive side, but since I picked it up on discount, I couldn't feel the heat as much. That's it about my experience with Syntha 6. I will be a sure repeat customer and I hope you will try it too.
Ciao.

November 9, 2014

• Amazing Taste
  • Great Mixability
  • Great In Water &/or In Milk
  • Kept Me Full
  • On The Pricier Side
SR! How you been???? Long time.
So,after much ado, Cellucor are officially in India. Cellucor, with their flashy containers and coded product names are now here.
I,like many other Indians, was interested in trying out their products after checking out all the reviews and the buzz online, so I decided to give their protein and pre-workout a shot.So, here comes my review of the protein.

PROFILE-(8\10)
SR! How you been???? Long time.

PROFILE-(8\10)
I give this an 8 because, despite the high cost, the principal ingredient is a blend of whey concentrate and isolate, not a blend of a thousand other sources of protein. It is not that straight-forward a high-quality source of protein, but atleast it still is right up there.There are 25 gms of protein and 1.5 gms of fat and 4gms of carbs in this, which I would say is moderately high, but you've got to expect them when whey concentrate is involved. That's about all of the ingredients, apart from the usual sodium and other micros.

MIXABILITY-(9\10)
Mixes well for a concentrate dominated product. No clumps experienced, both in milk and water.

TASTE-(9\10)
Superb taste. Period. I was looking to try a different flavor apart from my bad boy, chocolate, and wanted to give strawberry a go, and it did not disappoint. It tasted great in both milk and water. It tastes like milkshake alright, but if you have a sweet tooth and are in the mood for some candy, add some of those low-calorie sugar substitutes you find in the market when you mix it milk and it will leave you wanting for more. Especially,do this when you take it before going to bed! :D

VALUE-(7\10)
This is the category where the product takes a beating. I usually don't do comparisons because of the dollar-rupee conversion problem, but I've still got to mention that I paid the price of a 5 pounder for a 4 pounder. That is even after a 20% discount.

EFFECTIVENESS-(8\10)
I followed my usual diet and exercise routine when I used this product. I would do weight training about 4-5 days a week and try and hit my macros. This product helped me achieve that. Sometimes when I was lifting for 5 days straight, without any rest days, I would recover well. The best part about it was that it kept me feeling full. I mean, I was like "I don't need to eat any more" for atleast another 3 hours after taking this. Occasionally, I would mix it with milk and drink it before bed, I would wake up the next morning a satiated man. I don't really know if it was the diet or exercise, but I got a wee bit vascular when using this product.

Bottomline, I would definitely recommend cor-performance whey to anybody wanting to add more protein to their diet or simply looking to try a new protein product. It fails to disappoint on many levels and is a good quality, great tasting source of protein. The price is the only lagging department where I would say the company should really look to improvise, because I can see a lot of people who have used their other products state a similar issue. But that apart, I would say it is a great product and it should hold you in good stead.

See you with another review!

November 9, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Makes You Energized
  • No Crash
  • Amazing Strength
  • Foamy
  • Very Itchy!
  • Bad Gas Sometimes
Yo everybody!!
My second review here, about my first pre workout supplement ever!!!! whoo!!
Before starting off, I need to get something off my chest. How do you pronounce this??? Like NO XPLODE??? or N.O. XPLODE?? 'cause some people who review this seem to be calling it NO XPLODE, as if preventing something from exploding, which I think contradicts the purpose for which it was made. So am gonna stick to N.O. XPLODE 2.0.
Now, on to the product.
Yo everybody!!
My second review here, about my first pre workout supplement ever!!!! whoo!!
Now, on to the product.
Prior to buying this, I was sincerely questioning the necessity of a pre workout in my supplement regimen.I mean, I was okay with it's promised results, but stayed away from it fearing damaged kidney and stuff like that, but anyway, a year later, I ended up buying it, and the experience was totally worth it.
PROFILE:(8/10)
The key ingredients are the vitamins B6 & B12 along with 225mg of caffeine thrown in. It also has these few proprietary blends, one for the strength with some 6 forms of creatine and beta-alanine, and another one for energy with tyrosine and some 2 other blends with L-arginine and L-cirulline and all(too tough to memorize the names). But, anyway, it's got a solid profile for a good PWO.
TASTE:(5/10)
I think I should have rather given a 2 or 3 for this. I bought the "Blue Raz" flavour and the first time I drank it, I instantly wanted to puke.It was that bad. I am seeing that most other people have got a different flavour and had a decent experience drinking it though. But hey, my opinion.
MIXABILITY:(6.5/10)
The mixability was okay-ish, I have to say. It mixed well on certain occasions and did not on others. I mean, I had mumble a silent prayer that "May my supplement mix good today, Lord". On the days that it didn't mix well, there were tiny white particles at the bottom of the shaker, which I had to squish with my spoon and swallow.
VALUE:(9/10)
Bang for buck. One of the supplements out there that is priced well and performs as per promise too, I mean, what more can you ask from a supplement company?????? I got the 30 serving tub here in India for about 2000 rupees.
EFFECTIVENESS:(9/10)
I had good energy from the product, owing to the caffeine content in it. Whenever I took this, I was working out after nearly 4 hours of eating my last meal, so there was instant energy and focus, and also the caffeine made me wake up and sit proper.I also experienced good power from the creatine. I was lifting hitherto heavy weights for me with a good amount of comfort.The Beta-alanine made me feel like there were ants crawling on my arms and back within seconds of drinking it.So,you know,20 mins after taking it, when I started to workout, I used to feel like I was at a disco and the spotlight was on me. :D.The only real downside from using this(apart from taste and mixabiity) are the frequent rest room trips, both to pee and poo.I mean,I can understand the need to pee 'cause of drinking lotsa water,but poo??? I had to go a minimum of twice during my workout time and people in my gym were giving me weird looks.Made me feel like I was committing a crime.
BOTTOMLINE:
To sum up the N.O-XPLODE experience, I would say it was "classic". Leg days were such a pleasure with this. There were days on which I did not get proper rest and still made it to the gym and had a good workout without much hassle. But my only concern about using this product is the frequent restroom trips. I hope BSN does something about it and comes with an N.O. XPLODE 3.0 to satisfy people like me.
Would I recommend it to a friend???? Yes, but only after getting idea of what kind of person he is and giving him a strenuous warning of it's possible cons. Me on the other hand,I may buy it again in the future...........for more trips to the restroom :D :D :D :D
ADIOS!!!

October 6, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Flavor
  • Fast Repair
  • Tons Of Bcaas
  • Good Recovery
  • Gasses If Milk Used
  • Slight Stench If Not Washed Immediately
Hey all! This is my first review on this site. I found this site while I was googling to check out reviews on another product. I just finished the 5lb tub of this thing a few days ago and thought I'll share my thoughts on it.
First off, there are two similar products from the same company. One is the 100% whey protein professional, and the other is the 100% whey protein professional LS(lightly sweetened).I find that, on this site,there is only the LS version and not the other one.I am writing this review for the 100% whey protein professional (Not LS).
Now, starting off, this is one of t...
Now, starting off, this is one of those products which I had absolutely no idea why I was buying, but had a decent experience using.The first thing that strikes you about the tub is the lid. It's almost like a mirror and I occasionally used it do my hair just before rushing off to the gym. Lol :D
Onto more relevant stuff now.
INGREDIENTS:(8/10)
The main ingredient used is whey concentrate, with a mix of isolate as well.The label claims to have thrown in some extra key aminos and digestive enzymes which were (I am guessing) the tiny white particles in the powder. Something similar to the whey peptides in ON GS 100% whey.Anyways,these extra aminos are L-leucine, L-glutamine,taurine,dextrose.The digestive enzymes are bromelain,which is found in pineapples and is said to have anti-inflammatory effects, and papain, which is found in papayas and helps in breaking down meat fibres. It beats me why they put it, but am guessing it was to help digest the whey concentrate(for lactose intolerant people like me). It's got a 117 cals,14 of which from fat,3.8 g carbs,1.5 g sugars and 22g protein per scoop which I felt was decent.
TASTE:(8.5/10)
This supplement comes in a ton of different flavours. I got the chocolate rocky road, which was fine and gave me a pleasant experience drinking it.It has that little bit of a smell of almonds and the chocolate,which was cool(particularly since I had a scoop of rocky road ice cream a few days before I bought this product) :).
MIXABILITY: (9/10)
For a whey conc. this product mixes really well.And by that I mean, no clumps,no sticky stuff on the edges.Just clean,smooth mixing,both in water and milk. There was a bit of foam from shaking it vigorously, but hey, it's a WPC.
EFFECTIVENESS:(7.5/10)
Now,this is where this supplement takes a beating. The cost of the 5lb tub here in India is Rs.6600,(I am not converting it to $ 'coz the stocks vary frequently).There are 78 servings in the 5lb tub,again I am not going to calculate cost per serving owing to the swinging market.I was lucky I picked it up at a sale here at the Neulife store.You may not be lucky!!!!
OVERALL (8/10):
Overall,taking into consideration all the above said factors and my results. I would say that using this product was a solid,satisfying experience.I am looking for fat loss.I am currently weighing 81 kg and standing at 24% BF.I stacked it with N.O Xplode and weight trained 5 days a week. This product has helped me recover amazingly well and also helped sustain muscle while helping me build some new one.However,lactose intolerant people may want to stay away from it since it's a WPC, and it may lead to bloating and gasses.
BOTTOMLINE: To sum it up, I would definitely say that this is one solid product and a good tasting one at that too. It's very pricey, for a WPC specially. The label may say that there are extra digestive enzymes and aminos, but to what extent they are going to help get rid of the gasses for the lactose intolerant(if that's what they are meant for), I am not sure of.

P.S: I forgot to mention this above, finish drinking your shake and immediately wash your shaker.Failure to do so may lead to a bit of stench.
Hope you find this useful.
Cheers!