shae2311

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 5 years, and was last online 2 months ago

Reviews by shae2311

Overall
Overall
5.9
Thanks to VMI Sports® for sending it out!
  January 18, 2019

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Hydration

Keto aided products seem to be all the rage now. Haven't tried the bhb or any product of the like so decided to give this a shot.

I have been following Keto type diets for quite some time now, since way before they were the "in" thing to do. Seems to be the best way for me personally to cut weight in the past. So seeing products that could aid this seemed like a great thing....

6g of bhb which purpose is to help the body burn fat instead of other energy sources while in Keto. TRAACS minerals for helping keep the body hydrated, which is great for me because I can't speak for others but I seem to stay less hydrated while on these types of diets. And lastly tyrosine to help with focus another big issue for me while on this type of diet.

I received the red starblast flavor which I'm assuming was meant to emulate a red starburst. The flavor to me was great, really enjoyed it every time. Mixing was never an issue either, taken before a workout.

Unfortunately the pros for this product end shortly after the great flavor, I did feel like this helped tremendously with hydration but for the price this should be more than that. The usual cramps were gone during my workouts and after and I felt overall hydrated. Weight loss, focus, and energy help were for the most part were almost non existent. I lost weight at about the same consistency as I would have without this and there was no overall better feeling of self either.

Around $45 for a 20 serving tub of anything is pretty high to me, but for something that just helped with hydration is undoable

Side Effects

Conclusion

Thanks to Vmi for sending this out, I've tried several of their products and usually they are pretty solid but this was kind of a let down

Overall
Thanks to Muscle Nutrition for sending it out!
  January 6, 2019

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tightens Skin
  • Decreased Belly Fat
  • Increased Definition
  • Shrinks Love Handles

A topical fat burning and toning cream for stubborn areas.

When I claimed this I was starting a new workout program and really actually getting back into fitness seriously after a slight layoff. I love topical products when they work.

The ingredient profile was covered extensively in the previous few reviews so I'll focus more on the effectiveness in my review .

No taste or mixing I used this on my midsection with an an wrap doing my cardio/warm ups.

Now my bf % wa...

A topical fat burning and toning cream for stubborn areas.

Now my bf % was fairly low for me when starting this 12-14 was about where I was at. It took a couple weeks to see any effects but once I started noticing a difference it seemed like I was seeing different veins and definition almost daily. Unlike most products like this there wasn't any uncomfortable burning or strong pungent odor. It went on smooth and worked without being noticed. At the end of the run my abs went from only being visible when dehydrated and flexing hard to being noticeable at pretty much anytime during the day.

Around 40$ for a tube that will last a month-month and a half is pretty fair to me for a min effective topical.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If your bf% is on the lower end and you're looking for something a little extra to help push you over a sticking point this will definitely help.

Overall
    Overall
    6.8
    6.1
    Thanks to Myokem for sending it out!
      October 12, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Faster Recovery
    • Well Dosed
    • Lots Of EAA
    • Broad Ingredient Profile

In a world where there are hundreds of bcaa options myokem is above average but not in the top spot discussion.

Like always I love to try out new bcaa products in order to not only recover but to break up the monotonous routine of drinking plain water throughout my workouts

Fully transparent label here with a 5g serving of 2:1:1 bcaas, an added 3g serving of time released leucine( which is really their highlighted ingredient in this particular product) a mix of several EAAs, 50mg of astragin to help in the absorption of all the ingredients and a hydration matrix of potassium, sodium chloride, and taurine. Pretty straightforward and effective label, but for the hydration matrix I would have loved to see coconut water powder or some form.

I received blue raspberry and after reading some of the other reviews I don't know if I expected to much or if my taste buds are off but I didn't I overly enjoy this. It has a very chalky like aftertaste to me not awful but I didn't look forward to it like some others. Mixabilty was never an issue, maybe some slight foam but not a deal breaker by any means. I dosed this at a scoop Intra workout throughout the tub.

This performed like most adequately dosed bcaa products have for me. As far as the time released aspect of the product I can't say I really noticed a difference in this and normal everyday leucine. I recovered better than I would have if I didn't take in any bcaas, but I wasn't wowed with recovery. The hydration matrix seemed to do well enough because I don't remember having any serious cramping issues during the run.

29.99 for a tub is a fair price for this product, if you enjoy the taste the value comes up to me but I just didn't.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I thought it was a solid bcaa product, the expectations fell a little bit short for me personally. It was like I said above average but I didn't seem to enjoy it like other troopers seemed to

Overall
      Overall
      4.2
      4.5
      3.7
      Thanks to SteelFit for sending it out!
        September 25, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Easy To Apply
      • Can Cause Significant Burning
      • Redness

A transdermal product that is supposed to aid in producing a pump and getting extra blood flow to your "guns"

We all love a good pump and this product really piqued my interest in the claims to help one achieve said pump so i wanted to give it a try.

A laundry list of ingredients that are for making this a transdermal and allowing it to be absorbed into the skin. But the main working ingredients are D3PA, citrulline, caffeine, arginine, and resistem. I was very familiar with most of the ingredients except D3PA which helps blood flow to wherever it is applied. Like someone else mentioned though I'd like to know how much of each product I'm rubbing onto myself.

No taste or mixing here. I used this in several ways to try and get any kind of positive out of it. Rubbed it on biceps, triceps, shoulders, chest, etc. anywhere from 30 minutes preworkout up till right before.

This is one of the few times where I can say a product did really nothing for me I used this as a stand-alone and with other pump products. Took measurements to monitor any pump change as well, and I couldn't tell any difference from using this and just jumping into a workout without any supplements.

Being as that it didn't work for me the value isn't there at all, but if you respond well to it then the price for a bottle isn't too bad at all at around $25.

Side Effects

The only effect I saw from this at all was a side effect. I got mildly uncomfortable red blisters from this on the insides of my arms and chest. Closest thing I can compare it to would be a cross between and allergic reaction and a sunburn.

Conclusion

I went into this run intrigued and hopeful, but the product just didn't do it for me at all

Thanks to TC Nutrition for sending it out!
        September 24, 2018

• Great Ingredient Profile
      • Open Label
      • Endurance

A solid preworkout that hits all the bases of what you would want fairly well.

I'm always down to try out a new preworkout if it looks to be dosed well and it even more intrigues me when they have some out of the norm flavors too so when I saw sour batch kids and this profile I snagged it.

A solid preworkout that hits all the bases of what you would want fairly well.

The ingredients in this have been gone over so I'm gonna highlight what I really like about the ingredients. They went with a little extra beta alanine at 3.5 grams just slightly higher than the usual 3.2 you find in most products these days. It's not a lot but I really felt the beta flush and tingles early on in my workout which I really enjoy. They also went with creatine HCL at 1 gram which I personally respond to better than the typical monohydrate. There are a few things I would have liked differently, maybe a little more agmatine. Citrulline, instead of cit DL malate. And maybe a little hydromax or nitrogisine.

I received sour batch kids like I requested and it was great, very tart and tangy but not so overwhelming that it made you sick to your stomach. Mixing was pretty good, maybe a few extra swirls towards the ends but not too bad. Dosing was 15-20 minutes before workouts.

Energy/focus-these 2 categories is where the product really shined for me. I did most of my workouts after work when im wore out and tired. While using this I was able to get in the zone and have the energy to get through my workouts with a little leftover in the tank.

Performance/pump- the beta alanine kicked in fairly quickly and I was able to push through my workouts and feel great while doing them. As far as the pump goes, it wasn't bad but I found myself adding pump ingredients or just being left a little flat. It's categorized in the site as a pump product but I felt it was more of an energy focus homerun.

At $45 for 20 servings this just isn't feasible to me. If they can get the price down to around 28-30 I could see paying for it.

Side Effects

Conclusion

A solid preworkout that really hit the spot for me and gave me tons of energy but I can't afford to spend $50 For a months worth of workouts on a single supplement.

Overall
      Thanks to Savage Supplements for sending it out!
        August 6, 2018

• Enhanced Vascularity
      • Felt Stronger
      • Increased Libido
      • Increased Sex Drive

A solid product with a list of science and experience backed ingredients to help raise your test levels while keeping estrogen in check.

I'm not really a fan of test boosters these days because they seem to always be a let down and to me unnecessary unless I'm running any kind of cycle. But when I looked at the label in hades I really wanted to give it a shot.

I feel like they did a great job with this profile. It has been reviewed several times so I'm gonna highlight the parts I liked to see.
        Laxogenin- a plant base...

Laxogenin- a plant based steroid that has shown many benefits at as little as 50mg a day. It is said to increase protein synthesis and help build lean muscle, but I also believe it really helps my joints. I best respond to around 100 but the 75 here seemed to be enough.
        Arimistane/DIM/I3C- helping control estrogen levels, you usually see one of these in most test boosters but going with all three really helps here.
        Tongkat Ali- a herb extract that has been shown to raise test levels and positively effect libido.

No taste just 4 pills, I dosed these 2 in the am 2 in the afternoon.

I'll break this down from weeks while on up until the 4 weeks after....
        ***Let me start by saying I've taken several prohormones (the OGs halo,epi,mech, tvar etc)and I see this being compared to those results and I have to say while this stuff was good it's not even close to those.***
        Week1- with a product like this week 1 is going to just be really getting into your body. Towards the end of the week I noticed some bacne but not much else.
        Week 2- my sex drive started to really amp up I was feeling like I could go 3-4 times a day everyday. Workout wise I still didn't feel much except a little extra aggression towards the end of the week.
        Week 3- my drive was still high, I started feeling better and more energetic during workouts. Weight was moving a little easier than normal. Body composition wise was starting to lean out primarily in my delts.
        Week 4- Weight continues to increase both on the scale and on the bar. I started to actually get some really bad bacne around here. Much worse than usual thankfully that's the only place it showed up.
        Weeks 5-8 - I actually felt pretty good like I was still taking the product all the way up until the beginning of week 6. Slowly my drive went back to Normal and I started retaining a little water again, but I kept all of the strength and weight gain that I saw while I was on it.
        I didn't see any huge PRs while on this but the weight I lifted did steadily go up every single workout. My body weight went up a fairly lean 3-4ish lbs which for a natural product I'm more than happy with.

The savage website has this for 59.99 which is about $25 more than what most products like this go for, but this is properly dosed and it works so I think the price is fair.

Side Effects

Some acne

Conclusion

A solid product that did what a test booster is supposed to do and a little extra. Thanks to savage for sending this out to the TROOPers. Looking forward to trying more of their products

Overall
        Thanks to VMI Sports® for sending it out!
          July 27, 2018

• Good Meal Replacment
        • Keeps You Full
        • Amazing Taste
        • Prime Ingredients
        • -amazing Taste

A product for those looking to add some productive calories to their daily macronutrient intake.

I love trying new mass gainers and after reading a few of the reviews for this I had to give it a shot. My diet didn't change while on this and it stayed fairly dirty while I try to bulk up.

After 19 reviews I don't think I could say anything here that would be anymore helpful. From my personal opinion I really like the profile. There is a 3:2 ratio for carbs to protein at 30g to 20g for a 2scoop serving size, Unlike some of the other gainers that use a much higher carb ratio and pack unnecessary amounts of both fast acting carbs and cheap high volume protein.

When I opened the package I was slightly disappointed to see peanut butter cookie when I had requested 2-3 other flavors that sounded so good to me. That disappointment was quickly changed to an utter resounding WOW.
          This stuff tasted like liquid homemade grandmas peanut butter cookies. They nailed the flavor. I mixed this at 2 scoops post workout with half water half 1% milk in a shaker cup and never had any issue with clumps or anything.

This stuff performed perfectly for what I needed. It was easy to consume after a hard workout to get some carbs and protein in my system. The ratio of said protein and carbs were perfect for me and the overall shake didn't leave me feeling bloated at all after chugging it down but it did have me satisfied for a an hour or so. While using this product I never had any kind of gas issues or extra bathroom trips. I'm not sure if the added digestive enzymes they include help everyone but they seemed to help me.

After searching around the average price here seems to be around $45 +/- $5 for 30 2scoop servings. This is a fair price to me for a gainer. If you go up to 4 scoops the value decreases a bit, but with mass gainers that's a problem regardless of product/brand.

Side Effects

Conclusion

A very enjoyable experience for me from a gainer standpoint. Loved the flavor of a flavor I normally don't enjoy at all so I will be purchasing a couple tubs of other flavors fairly soon.

Overall
          Overall
          4.6
          4.5
          5.1
          Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
            July 2, 2018

Pros:
           Cons:
            • Ineffective At One Serving
            • Proprietary Blend

In a day and age where convenience is king RCSS attempts to make a pump shot.

I've always loved RCSS since the beginning, always had great results and experiences with them. I always have at least 1 product from the line up in my cupboard. While using this I was doing a more basic workout split chasing a pump. A push pull leg routine around the basics.

In a day and age where convenience is king RCSS attempts to make a pump shot.

The profile here is slightly different from the pills and powder because of the liquid form I'm assuming. It's a 5g total for a full capfull. You have a mixture of micronized glycerol , taurine, HICA, citrulline, arginine, and Agmatine. The lineup of ingredients isn't bad but considering the effective amounts of each ingredients is between 1-6 grams each I don't see how this could perform well. I figured being micronized and in liquid form may effect it somehow so I gave it a shot.

I received the sour apple flavor and I did not enjoy it at all I tried it a couple different ways to effect the taste and nothing worked. It is sour alright, but there was an extremely weird after taste kind of a burnt plastic taste. I took a full cup straight, mixed it with water, mixed it with another pre but nothing helped. The consistency of the product was good no mixing needed other than shaking the bottle before use.

Like I said above I was chasing a pump through most of my workouts lots of 10-15 rep sets. Forced reps and blood flow restriction work at the end of workouts. So the work I was doing should have complimented this product, but I literally couldn't tell the difference from taking this solo, to mixing with a pre, to workouts where I just didn't take it. This section is short but I honestly can't think of anything else to say it just didn't perform for me.

32 servings for 19.99 on average is what you can expect to pay. Price point isn't bad but the value to me isn't there.

Side Effects

Conclusion

It almost pained me writing a negative review for RCSS because they have always met and exceeded my expectations. There are very few product lines I'll spend my own money on these days and RCSS is one of them. This just didn't do it for me.

6.3
            (SR paid for product; Purus Labs did not participate)
              June 22, 2018

I've been a Purus fan since the OG muscle marinade and their last amino product amino d I really enjoyed so I grabbed this to give a shot

A very simple ingredient list here, it is free of dyes or fillers. A very clean amino option at a 5:1:1 ratio of instantized bcaas. Ratios have been switched up and who really knows what the best ratio is. The actual amount of aminos here is low at 3.5 grams, but they are instantized which is supposed to require less. Also they added 1 gram of FOS dietary fiber in order to slow down the absorption rate of the bcaas.

There is zero sugar in this as well. They have some very different flavors from your ordinary choices. I received the strawberry lemonade flavor and it was very enjoyable not overly sweet with a nice crisp bite when drank with cold water. Mixing in a shaker was easy with very little settling. I used this during workouts to give my water a little taste.

This served its purpose for me and what I expected out of it which was to flavor my water without any extra sugars and get a few extra bcaas in my system during workouts. I didn't notice any difference in my recovery times when adding this into my stack, but at such a low dosage I didn't expect much. The added fiber may have had a slight effect with digestion, because I did seem to be fairly regular during the run.

You can find this for around $20 for 30 servings which isn't awful but I would rather spend an extra few dollars and get a few extra grams of bcaas and other ingredients.

Side Effects

Conclusion

The taste was good here but I felt like purus could have done a little more here especially since it seems like this is now there only amino product.

4.9
            5.9
            (SR paid for product; MAN Sports did not participate)
              June 12, 2018

CLA, once touted as the next big thing in weight loss, MAN sports put a delicious spin on it in powder form but does it deliver?

This product was on my try list for awhile. Id almost buy it then change my mind, finally pulled the trigger when it came on the troop dashboard. Im didnt really changing up my routine or diet for this so i feel the results can be better gauged.

1000mg of CLA and some flavoring. Simple single ingredient profile. CLA really got popular a few years back when ole Dr oz touted it as a miracle weight loss aid and ever since its been a back and forth battle of whether it does what its supposed to. Which is, help aid in turning food into more efficient energy. Its supposed to increase your BMR.

I received the Dorks flavor, when MAN 1st introduced the candy series with iso amino i grabbed a few jugs and really enjoyed the flavor. Same here it is a nice refreshing fruity taste that was easy to drink. Mixing in a shaker wasnt an issue but stirring in a cup took a little time. I stay around 190-200lbs here lately. It recommends 2 scoops for 200+ i went with 1 1/2 daily. It also suggests taking the scoops with each meal... i did once a day in order to not finish it in a week.

Now like i said i didnt switch up my diet at all. I didn't notice a huge difference in any kind of weightloss or overall feeling difference at all. To me this is one of those supplements that is going to need to used 3x daily and for 2-3 months before you can really say whether or not it works for you. In my month run i have to say it didnt.

On average you can find thia for around $20 for 50 scoops. But when you consider that at 200lbs to use this at the suggested amount you will use 6 scoops a day for 9 days. Thats too steep for me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

For a single ingredient supplement the price and overall lack of results just made this a no go for me... Now granted it was delicious but thats all they have going for this one at the moment.