shae2311

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 4 years, and was last online today

Reviews by shae2311

Overall
Thanks to Savage Supplements for sending it out!
  August 6, 2018

• Enhanced Vascularity
  • Felt Stronger
  • Increased Libido
  • Increased Sex Drive

A solid product with a list of science and experience backed ingredients to help raise your test levels while keeping estrogen in check.

I'm not really a fan of test boosters these days because they seem to always be a let down and to me unnecessary unless I'm running any kind of cycle. But when I looked at the label in hades I really wanted to give it a shot.

I feel like they did a great job with this profile. It has been reviewed several times so I'm gonna highlight the parts I liked to see.
    Laxogenin- a plant base...

Laxogenin- a plant based steroid that has shown many benefits at as little as 50mg a day. It is said to increase protein synthesis and help build lean muscle, but I also believe it really helps my joints. I best respond to around 100 but the 75 here seemed to be enough.
    Arimistane/DIM/I3C- helping control estrogen levels, you usually see one of these in most test boosters but going with all three really helps here.
    Tongkat Ali- a herb extract that has been shown to raise test levels and positively effect libido.

No taste just 4 pills, I dosed these 2 in the am 2 in the afternoon.

I'll break this down from weeks while on up until the 4 weeks after....
    ***Let me start by saying I've taken several prohormones (the OGs halo,epi,mech, tvar etc)and I see this being compared to those results and I have to say while this stuff was good it's not even close to those.***
    Week1- with a product like this week 1 is going to just be really getting into your body. Towards the end of the week I noticed some bacne but not much else.
    Week 2- my sex drive started to really amp up I was feeling like I could go 3-4 times a day everyday. Workout wise I still didn't feel much except a little extra aggression towards the end of the week.
    Week 3- my drive was still high, I started feeling better and more energetic during workouts. Weight was moving a little easier than normal. Body composition wise was starting to lean out primarily in my delts.
    Week 4- Weight continues to increase both on the scale and on the bar. I started to actually get some really bad bacne around here. Much worse than usual thankfully that's the only place it showed up.
    Weeks 5-8 - I actually felt pretty good like I was still taking the product all the way up until the beginning of week 6. Slowly my drive went back to Normal and I started retaining a little water again, but I kept all of the strength and weight gain that I saw while I was on it.
    I didn't see any huge PRs while on this but the weight I lifted did steadily go up every single workout. My body weight went up a fairly lean 3-4ish lbs which for a natural product I'm more than happy with.

The savage website has this for 59.99 which is about $25 more than what most products like this go for, but this is properly dosed and it works so I think the price is fair.

Side Effects

Some acne

Conclusion

A solid product that did what a test booster is supposed to do and a little extra. Thanks to savage for sending this out to the TROOPers. Looking forward to trying more of their products

Overall
    Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
      July 27, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • -amazing Taste
    • Keeps You Full
    • Good Meal Replacment
    • Prime Ingredients
    • Amazing Taste

A product for those looking to add some productive calories to their daily macronutrient intake.

I love trying new mass gainers and after reading a few of the reviews for this I had to give it a shot. My diet didn't change while on this and it stayed fairly dirty while I try to bulk up.

After 19 reviews I don't think I could say anything here that would be anymore helpful. From my personal opinion I really like the profile. There is a 3:2 ratio for carbs to protein at 30g to 20g for a 2scoop serving size, Unlike some of the other gainers that use a much higher carb ratio and pack unnecessary amounts of both fast acting carbs and cheap high volume protein.

When I opened the package I was slightly disappointed to see peanut butter cookie when I had requested 2-3 other flavors that sounded so good to me. That disappointment was quickly changed to an utter resounding WOW.
      This stuff tasted like liquid homemade grandmas peanut butter cookies. They nailed the flavor. I mixed this at 2 scoops post workout with half water half 1% milk in a shaker cup and never had any issue with clumps or anything.

This stuff performed perfectly for what I needed. It was easy to consume after a hard workout to get some carbs and protein in my system. The ratio of said protein and carbs were perfect for me and the overall shake didn't leave me feeling bloated at all after chugging it down but it did have me satisfied for a an hour or so. While using this product I never had any kind of gas issues or extra bathroom trips. I'm not sure if the added digestive enzymes they include help everyone but they seemed to help me.

After searching around the average price here seems to be around $45 +/- $5 for 30 2scoop servings. This is a fair price to me for a gainer. If you go up to 4 scoops the value decreases a bit, but with mass gainers that's a problem regardless of product/brand.

Side Effects

Conclusion

A very enjoyable experience for me from a gainer standpoint. Loved the flavor of a flavor I normally don't enjoy at all so I will be purchasing a couple tubs of other flavors fairly soon.

Overall
      Overall
      4.6
      4.5
      5.1
      Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
        July 2, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
        • Ineffective At One Serving
        • Proprietary Blend

In a day and age where convenience is king RCSS attempts to make a pump shot.

I've always loved RCSS since the beginning, always had great results and experiences with them. I always have at least 1 product from the line up in my cupboard. While using this I was doing a more basic workout split chasing a pump. A push pull leg routine around the basics.

In a day and age where convenience is king RCSS attempts to make a pump shot.

The profile here is slightly different from the pills and powder because of the liquid form I'm assuming. It's a 5g total for a full capfull. You have a mixture of micronized glycerol , taurine, HICA, citrulline, arginine, and Agmatine. The lineup of ingredients isn't bad but considering the effective amounts of each ingredients is between 1-6 grams each I don't see how this could perform well. I figured being micronized and in liquid form may effect it somehow so I gave it a shot.

I received the sour apple flavor and I did not enjoy it at all I tried it a couple different ways to effect the taste and nothing worked. It is sour alright, but there was an extremely weird after taste kind of a burnt plastic taste. I took a full cup straight, mixed it with water, mixed it with another pre but nothing helped. The consistency of the product was good no mixing needed other than shaking the bottle before use.

Like I said above I was chasing a pump through most of my workouts lots of 10-15 rep sets. Forced reps and blood flow restriction work at the end of workouts. So the work I was doing should have complimented this product, but I literally couldn't tell the difference from taking this solo, to mixing with a pre, to workouts where I just didn't take it. This section is short but I honestly can't think of anything else to say it just didn't perform for me.

32 servings for 19.99 on average is what you can expect to pay. Price point isn't bad but the value to me isn't there.

Side Effects

Conclusion

It almost pained me writing a negative review for RCSS because they have always met and exceeded my expectations. There are very few product lines I'll spend my own money on these days and RCSS is one of them. This just didn't do it for me.

5.9
        6.3
        (SR paid for product; Purus Labs did not participate)
          June 22, 2018

I've been a Purus fan since the OG muscle marinade and their last amino product amino d I really enjoyed so I grabbed this to give a shot

A very simple ingredient list here, it is free of dyes or fillers. A very clean amino option at a 5:1:1 ratio of instantized bcaas. Ratios have been switched up and who really knows what the best ratio is. The actual amount of aminos here is low at 3.5 grams, but they are instantized which is supposed to require less. Also they added 1 gram of FOS dietary fiber in order to slow down the absorption rate of the bcaas.

There is zero sugar in this as well. They have some very different flavors from your ordinary choices. I received the strawberry lemonade flavor and it was very enjoyable not overly sweet with a nice crisp bite when drank with cold water. Mixing in a shaker was easy with very little settling. I used this during workouts to give my water a little taste.

This served its purpose for me and what I expected out of it which was to flavor my water without any extra sugars and get a few extra bcaas in my system during workouts. I didn't notice any difference in my recovery times when adding this into my stack, but at such a low dosage I didn't expect much. The added fiber may have had a slight effect with digestion, because I did seem to be fairly regular during the run.

You can find this for around $20 for 30 servings which isn't awful but I would rather spend an extra few dollars and get a few extra grams of bcaas and other ingredients.

Side Effects

Conclusion

The taste was good here but I felt like purus could have done a little more here especially since it seems like this is now there only amino product.

4.9
        5.9
        (SR paid for product; MAN Sports did not participate)
          June 12, 2018

CLA, once touted as the next big thing in weight loss, MAN sports put a delicious spin on it in powder form but does it deliver?

This product was on my try list for awhile. Id almost buy it then change my mind, finally pulled the trigger when it came on the troop dashboard. Im didnt really changing up my routine or diet for this so i feel the results can be better gauged.

1000mg of CLA and some flavoring. Simple single ingredient profile. CLA really got popular a few years back when ole Dr oz touted it as a miracle weight loss aid and ever since its been a back and forth battle of whether it does what its supposed to. Which is, help aid in turning food into more efficient energy. Its supposed to increase your BMR.

I received the Dorks flavor, when MAN 1st introduced the candy series with iso amino i grabbed a few jugs and really enjoyed the flavor. Same here it is a nice refreshing fruity taste that was easy to drink. Mixing in a shaker wasnt an issue but stirring in a cup took a little time. I stay around 190-200lbs here lately. It recommends 2 scoops for 200+ i went with 1 1/2 daily. It also suggests taking the scoops with each meal... i did once a day in order to not finish it in a week.

Now like i said i didnt switch up my diet at all. I didn't notice a huge difference in any kind of weightloss or overall feeling difference at all. To me this is one of those supplements that is going to need to used 3x daily and for 2-3 months before you can really say whether or not it works for you. In my month run i have to say it didnt.

On average you can find thia for around $20 for 50 scoops. But when you consider that at 200lbs to use this at the suggested amount you will use 6 scoops a day for 9 days. Thats too steep for me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

For a single ingredient supplement the price and overall lack of results just made this a no go for me... Now granted it was delicious but thats all they have going for this one at the moment.

Overall
        Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
          May 20, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Fully Disclosed Label
        • Proper Doses
        • Great Pumps
        • Clinically Dosed

Another newer version of an old favorite that had some minor tweaks. Above average workouts, but you will pay for them.

Nutrabio is and always has been a favorite of mine. They are 3rd party purity tested, they dont cut corners and 90% of my experiences have been wonderful. So i try to grab as many of their goodies as i can.

The ingredient profile has been dissected several times so i will just touch on a few points. I really like ths pump complex in this version going with straight citrulline without the malate always seems to work better for me and at 6g you're looking at a hefty dose. The nitrogisine as well dosed effectively at 750mg really helps me personally get a great pump going and keep it going for awhile. Lastly the agmatine now at 1g is great for me. The pumps were nice at higher amounts but anything at 1.5g or higher i noticed gave me a little stomach issue. The rest of the profile is pretty decent as well from a reding standpoint.

My only problem with nutrabio usually us the taste. Now nothing they make tastes bad, it just usually doesnt have much of a taste and i find myself wanting a little stronger flavor. I received the new blue raspberry and i really enjoyed it. It was smooth and just the right amount of flavor. I mixed this in a shaker so i never had any mixing issues with minimum swirls at the end to get any grit.

Now i have tried i beleive all of the versions of this particular product and i have to say i get solid workouts, but i feel like im getting less and less wowed each time. The 1st version knocked my socks off and i tore the gym up, here however althought ibhad good workouts didnt blow me away. The energy and focus aspect of this product for me was hit or miss. There were days i juat couldnt get into a rhythm and there were days i was dialed in and ready to lift when i walked in. I will say the complex i touched on in the ingredients section did shine for me. I noticed i was able to get a nice full pump early on in the workout and hold it untilni was driving home.

$40 for 20 servings....you know youre getting quality wuth NB, you know whatbthe label says in there is whats in there. That being said the results i got from this product to me dont warrant a $2/serving price tag.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Like the old saying goes, if its not broke dont fix it. I know in the supp game companies are constantly trying to innovate, but maybe if something is received as well as this was then leave it alone or at least keep an OG version available. I had good workouts but i felt a lot was left to be desired.

6.6
        Thanks to Purus Labs for sending it out!
          March 23, 2018

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Delicious
        • Healthy Fats
        • Curbed Appetite
        • Great Coffee Creamer

I haven't been lifting real heavy or often but instead trying to maintain muscle mass and keep fat down while taking some time off from the fitness lifestyle. I decided to try a little bit of keto diets

This being a keto product the carbs are almost non existent at 1g per scoop. The protein is dosed at 20g of WPI which is a littlw lower than most protein supplements, but i have found that WPI really sits well with me and i tolerate it very well. Lastly thw fats are much higher than usual protein supplements, but they are from MCTs fir the purpose of supplying energy when your body is carb depleted.

I received the salted vanilla caramel flavor, i have never even tried regular salted vanilla caramel, so i dont have a lot to compare this too. I can say that it was a very pleasant taste, very smooth and not too overpowering the caramel aspect was very good and really stood out. I used this in coffee and as a protein shake snack. And i never had any issues with mixing.

As a coffee creamer this was effective in adding a significant amount of proteinband a slight flavor kick to my morning beverage without having to eat anything. As a shake this satisfied my hunger pains and kept me feeling full for several hours. My digestive system handled this fairly well but i did have a little stomach discomfort on a few occasions from the mct's im assuming.

At 15 servings for around $25 this is a little steep considering the lower amount of protein in it. For special situations i could see using this, but as a staple i think it would be a little too expensive.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I have been curious about this product since it 1st came out and i can say it didnt disappoint. Thanks to purus labs fir putting out another above average product and allowing us troopers to try it out.

Overall
        Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
          March 22, 2018

• Purity
        • Increased Recovery
        • Label Transparency
        • No Prop Blends
        • Quality Statements By The Company

As yoh can tell from.my lack of recent reviews i have been on a pretty long supplement cleanse and fitness cleanse in general. While on it i wanted to keep things simple so i grabbed this.

3 ingredients clinically dosed and with nutrabio you know youre getting quality. 4g of glutamine, which is slightly less than the normal 5g you see in a lot of other products, but this form is said to be a lot purer than your average glutamine. I'm a big fan of glutamine because along with its other effects i feel like it really helps my immune system, which is very important in southeast Texas during the winter months. 2g of taurine to help with hydration and 5g of creatine.

I received the lemon lime flavor and like with all nutrabio products i have tried it left a little to be desired. Never a bad taste to me but very weak like watered down koolaid. Mixing was never an issue and as for dosing i would take this in place of my normal pre workout.

After going several months without any supplements other than this and a protein. I feel like my system was clear. Also taking a break from lifting i feel like gauging recovery benefits will be better too. After some really good workouts to start back i could tell that i was less sore when using this. The taurine helped with mid workout cramps as well. In the days before starting back fully i was getting some pretty bad leg and foot cramps from next to nothing. This seemed to really help.

19.99 for a tub of this stuff is more than fair to me. Yeh they are all 3 rather cheap ingredients, but you know with nutrabio you are getting lab tested and pure ingredients.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Nutrabio can always be counted on for supplements from complex pre's to simple single ingredient supplements such as this. I apologize for my hiatus from supplements and fitness, with that said looking forward to coming bavk to the community

Thanks to Nutrex for sending it out!
            January 30, 2018

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Hydration Support
          • Improved Recovery
          • Intraworkout Stamina

1st off I want to sincerely apologize for the lateness of this and my next 2 reviews. I have been going through a lot of personal stuff as of late. No excuses amd not the reps problem but I'm back and here we go.

This starts out with 6 grams of bcaas, which is slightly above the recommended dose. The next thing you have and the main reason I grabbed the product is the hydration and electrolyte ingredients. Mainly coconut water extract, I love this stuff and try to give any product with a decent supporting profile a chance.

----Taste/Mixabi...

This was the only thing I didn't love about the product and that is my fault for not requesting a particular flavor. I am not a fan of grape at all especially paired with apple, if you enjoy either of these flavors you will love it because it tastes to me like something made by welches juice, which for reasons from.childhood I just can't stand... the mixing was about as good as you could ask for.

With most bcaa products I feel a slight change in recovery time while on/off of them but it could quite possibly be a mind placebo type thing. This was no different in that aspect, maybe a slight difference in after workout recovery. But like I said with the main ingredient I look for in these intras now the coconut water and other hydration support really made a difference. I have dealt with some sickness as of late and I can say that I feel that even when not working out sipping on this made a huge difference in my recovery from mild ailments.

At the time of this posting bodybuilding.com is having a 2 for $40 sale, and for $20 I feel like thia is a great deal and grabbed the cosmic burst flavor.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Thanks to nutrex for sending this out and once again I apologize for the delay.. I'm settled in and have a home gym now so hopefully we can get back to the gains..

6.9
            Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for sending it out!
              December 6, 2017

Pros:
             Cons:
            • Good Recovery
            • No Digestive Issues
            • Improved Digestion
            • Solid Macros
            • Could Use More Servings

Everybody loves protein supplements, and it seems that most everybody loves the flavoring system that outbreak has been putting out so I decided to grab this and give it a try.

The profile here is such that it can fit into pretty much any diet without compromising anything. You have 25grams of protein made up of whey isolate and concentrate. A little over 3 grams of carbs and slightly over 2 grams of fat. There is also some digestive enzymes included as well as Red Panax Ginseng an ingredient that has shown to have multiple benefits that would be beneficial to a product like this (cognitive function, immune system boosting, etc)

Proteins these days are a dime a dozen for the most part, there are some higher quality products out there but the gap is starting to narrow so what is starting to separate my decisions these days is the taste and uniqueness of flavors. I received chocolate and it was the best chocolate flavor I can remember having in quite so.e time. The flavor didn't taste artificial at all just smooth and full. The mixing was great as well, I would get a clump every now and then but the flavor was so good I didn't mind biting into a clump.

I'll keep this section short because it's protein, not a lot to break down here. Doms decreased slightly but nothing really extravagant to note, as for the Red Panax Ginseng that is included I can't really say if it made a difference or not I didn't feel any cognitive improvement, but for immune support I didn't get sick when a virus ran through my house so there maybe something to that. My stomach handled the product very well as I never had any kind of uncomfortable has or bloating.

This is my only issue with the product for a protein product that is a blend $30 for less than a month supply if you use a scoop a day is just a little too much for me

Side Effects

Conclusion

Sorry for the delay on this review but big shout out to outbreak for putting this up for review. Hopefully I can catch this on a sale and I would have no issue grabbing a couple jugs.