shae2311

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by shae2311

5.9
6.3
(SR paid for product; Purus Labs did not participate)
  June 22, 2018

I've been a Purus fan since the OG muscle marinade and their last amino product amino d I really enjoyed so I grabbed this to give a shot

A very simple ingredient list here, it is free of dyes or fillers. A very clean amino option at a 5:1:1 ratio of instantized bcaas. Ratios have been switched up and who really knows what the best ratio is. The actual amount of aminos here is low at 3.5 grams, but they are instantized which is supposed to require less. Also they added 1 gram of FOS dietary fiber in order to slow down the absorption rate of the bcaas.

There is zero sugar in this as well. They have some very different flavors from your ordinary choices. I received the strawberry lemonade flavor and it was very enjoyable not overly sweet with a nice crisp bite when drank with cold water. Mixing in a shaker was easy with very little settling. I used this during workouts to give my water a little taste.

This served its purpose for me and what I expected out of it which was to flavor my water without any extra sugars and get a few extra bcaas in my system during workouts. I didn't notice any difference in my recovery times when adding this into my stack, but at such a low dosage I didn't expect much. The added fiber may have had a slight effect with digestion, because I did seem to be fairly regular during the run.

You can find this for around $20 for 30 servings which isn't awful but I would rather spend an extra few dollars and get a few extra grams of bcaas and other ingredients.

Side Effects

Conclusion

The taste was good here but I felt like purus could have done a little more here especially since it seems like this is now there only amino product.

4.9
5.9
(SR paid for product; MAN Sports did not participate)
  June 12, 2018

CLA, once touted as the next big thing in weight loss, MAN sports put a delicious spin on it in powder form but does it deliver?

This product was on my try list for awhile. Id almost buy it then change my mind, finally pulled the trigger when it came on the troop dashboard. Im didnt really changing up my routine or diet for this so i feel the results can be better gauged.

1000mg of CLA and some flavoring. Simple single ingredient profile. CLA really got popular a few years back when ole Dr oz touted it as a miracle weight loss aid and ever since its been a back and forth battle of whether it does what its supposed to. Which is, help aid in turning food into more efficient energy. Its supposed to increase your BMR.

I received the Dorks flavor, when MAN 1st introduced the candy series with iso amino i grabbed a few jugs and really enjoyed the flavor. Same here it is a nice refreshing fruity taste that was easy to drink. Mixing in a shaker wasnt an issue but stirring in a cup took a little time. I stay around 190-200lbs here lately. It recommends 2 scoops for 200+ i went with 1 1/2 daily. It also suggests taking the scoops with each meal... i did once a day in order to not finish it in a week.

Now like i said i didnt switch up my diet at all. I didn't notice a huge difference in any kind of weightloss or overall feeling difference at all. To me this is one of those supplements that is going to need to used 3x daily and for 2-3 months before you can really say whether or not it works for you. In my month run i have to say it didnt.

On average you can find thia for around $20 for 50 scoops. But when you consider that at 200lbs to use this at the suggested amount you will use 6 scoops a day for 9 days. Thats too steep for me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

For a single ingredient supplement the price and overall lack of results just made this a no go for me... Now granted it was delicious but thats all they have going for this one at the moment.

Overall
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  May 20, 2018

• Fully Disclosed Label
  • Proper Doses
  • Great Pumps
  • Clinically Dosed

Another newer version of an old favorite that had some minor tweaks. Above average workouts, but you will pay for them.

Nutrabio is and always has been a favorite of mine. They are 3rd party purity tested, they dont cut corners and 90% of my experiences have been wonderful. So i try to grab as many of their goodies as i can.

The ingredient profile has been dissected several times so i will just touch on a few points. I really like ths pump complex in this version going with straight citrulline without the malate always seems to work better for me and at 6g you're looking at a hefty dose. The nitrogisine as well dosed effectively at 750mg really helps me personally get a great pump going and keep it going for awhile. Lastly the agmatine now at 1g is great for me. The pumps were nice at higher amounts but anything at 1.5g or higher i noticed gave me a little stomach issue. The rest of the profile is pretty decent as well from a reding standpoint.

My only problem with nutrabio usually us the taste. Now nothing they make tastes bad, it just usually doesnt have much of a taste and i find myself wanting a little stronger flavor. I received the new blue raspberry and i really enjoyed it. It was smooth and just the right amount of flavor. I mixed this in a shaker so i never had any mixing issues with minimum swirls at the end to get any grit.

Now i have tried i beleive all of the versions of this particular product and i have to say i get solid workouts, but i feel like im getting less and less wowed each time. The 1st version knocked my socks off and i tore the gym up, here however althought ibhad good workouts didnt blow me away. The energy and focus aspect of this product for me was hit or miss. There were days i juat couldnt get into a rhythm and there were days i was dialed in and ready to lift when i walked in. I will say the complex i touched on in the ingredients section did shine for me. I noticed i was able to get a nice full pump early on in the workout and hold it untilni was driving home.

$40 for 20 servings....you know youre getting quality wuth NB, you know whatbthe label says in there is whats in there. That being said the results i got from this product to me dont warrant a $2/serving price tag.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Like the old saying goes, if its not broke dont fix it. I know in the supp game companies are constantly trying to innovate, but maybe if something is received as well as this was then leave it alone or at least keep an OG version available. I had good workouts but i felt a lot was left to be desired.

6.6
Thanks to Purus Labs for sending it out!
  March 23, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Delicious
  • Healthy Fats
  • Curbed Appetite
  • Great Coffee Creamer

I haven't been lifting real heavy or often but instead trying to maintain muscle mass and keep fat down while taking some time off from the fitness lifestyle. I decided to try a little bit of keto diets

This being a keto product the carbs are almost non existent at 1g per scoop. The protein is dosed at 20g of WPI which is a littlw lower than most protein supplements, but i have found that WPI really sits well with me and i tolerate it very well. Lastly thw fats are much higher than usual protein supplements, but they are from MCTs fir the purpose of supplying energy when your body is carb depleted.

I received the salted vanilla caramel flavor, i have never even tried regular salted vanilla caramel, so i dont have a lot to compare this too. I can say that it was a very pleasant taste, very smooth and not too overpowering the caramel aspect was very good and really stood out. I used this in coffee and as a protein shake snack. And i never had any issues with mixing.

As a coffee creamer this was effective in adding a significant amount of proteinband a slight flavor kick to my morning beverage without having to eat anything. As a shake this satisfied my hunger pains and kept me feeling full for several hours. My digestive system handled this fairly well but i did have a little stomach discomfort on a few occasions from the mct's im assuming.

At 15 servings for around $25 this is a little steep considering the lower amount of protein in it. For special situations i could see using this, but as a staple i think it would be a little too expensive.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I have been curious about this product since it 1st came out and i can say it didnt disappoint. Thanks to purus labs fir putting out another above average product and allowing us troopers to try it out.

Overall
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  March 22, 2018

• Purity
  • Increased Recovery
  • Label Transparency
  • No Prop Blends
  • Quality Statements By The Company

As yoh can tell from.my lack of recent reviews i have been on a pretty long supplement cleanse and fitness cleanse in general. While on it i wanted to keep things simple so i grabbed this.

3 ingredients clinically dosed and with nutrabio you know youre getting quality. 4g of glutamine, which is slightly less than the normal 5g you see in a lot of other products, but this form is said to be a lot purer than your average glutamine. I'm a big fan of glutamine because along with its other effects i feel like it really helps my immune system, which is very important in southeast Texas during the winter months. 2g of taurine to help with hydration and 5g of creatine.

I received the lemon lime flavor and like with all nutrabio products i have tried it left a little to be desired. Never a bad taste to me but very weak like watered down koolaid. Mixing was never an issue and as for dosing i would take this in place of my normal pre workout.

After going several months without any supplements other than this and a protein. I feel like my system was clear. Also taking a break from lifting i feel like gauging recovery benefits will be better too. After some really good workouts to start back i could tell that i was less sore when using this. The taurine helped with mid workout cramps as well. In the days before starting back fully i was getting some pretty bad leg and foot cramps from next to nothing. This seemed to really help.

19.99 for a tub of this stuff is more than fair to me. Yeh they are all 3 rather cheap ingredients, but you know with nutrabio you are getting lab tested and pure ingredients.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Nutrabio can always be counted on for supplements from complex pre's to simple single ingredient supplements such as this. I apologize for my hiatus from supplements and fitness, with that said looking forward to coming bavk to the community

Thanks to Nutrex for sending it out!
      January 30, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Hydration Support
    • Improved Recovery
    • Intraworkout Stamina

1st off I want to sincerely apologize for the lateness of this and my next 2 reviews. I have been going through a lot of personal stuff as of late. No excuses amd not the reps problem but I'm back and here we go.

This starts out with 6 grams of bcaas, which is slightly above the recommended dose. The next thing you have and the main reason I grabbed the product is the hydration and electrolyte ingredients. Mainly coconut water extract, I love this stuff and try to give any product with a decent supporting profile a chance.

----Taste/Mixabi...

This was the only thing I didn't love about the product and that is my fault for not requesting a particular flavor. I am not a fan of grape at all especially paired with apple, if you enjoy either of these flavors you will love it because it tastes to me like something made by welches juice, which for reasons from.childhood I just can't stand... the mixing was about as good as you could ask for.

With most bcaa products I feel a slight change in recovery time while on/off of them but it could quite possibly be a mind placebo type thing. This was no different in that aspect, maybe a slight difference in after workout recovery. But like I said with the main ingredient I look for in these intras now the coconut water and other hydration support really made a difference. I have dealt with some sickness as of late and I can say that I feel that even when not working out sipping on this made a huge difference in my recovery from mild ailments.

At the time of this posting bodybuilding.com is having a 2 for $40 sale, and for $20 I feel like thia is a great deal and grabbed the cosmic burst flavor.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Thanks to nutrex for sending this out and once again I apologize for the delay.. I'm settled in and have a home gym now so hopefully we can get back to the gains..

6.9
      Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for sending it out!
        December 6, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Good Recovery
      • No Digestive Issues
      • Improved Digestion
      • Solid Macros
      • Could Use More Servings

Everybody loves protein supplements, and it seems that most everybody loves the flavoring system that outbreak has been putting out so I decided to grab this and give it a try.

The profile here is such that it can fit into pretty much any diet without compromising anything. You have 25grams of protein made up of whey isolate and concentrate. A little over 3 grams of carbs and slightly over 2 grams of fat. There is also some digestive enzymes included as well as Red Panax Ginseng an ingredient that has shown to have multiple benefits that would be beneficial to a product like this (cognitive function, immune system boosting, etc)

Proteins these days are a dime a dozen for the most part, there are some higher quality products out there but the gap is starting to narrow so what is starting to separate my decisions these days is the taste and uniqueness of flavors. I received chocolate and it was the best chocolate flavor I can remember having in quite so.e time. The flavor didn't taste artificial at all just smooth and full. The mixing was great as well, I would get a clump every now and then but the flavor was so good I didn't mind biting into a clump.

I'll keep this section short because it's protein, not a lot to break down here. Doms decreased slightly but nothing really extravagant to note, as for the Red Panax Ginseng that is included I can't really say if it made a difference or not I didn't feel any cognitive improvement, but for immune support I didn't get sick when a virus ran through my house so there maybe something to that. My stomach handled the product very well as I never had any kind of uncomfortable has or bloating.

This is my only issue with the product for a protein product that is a blend $30 for less than a month supply if you use a scoop a day is just a little too much for me

Side Effects

Conclusion

Sorry for the delay on this review but big shout out to outbreak for putting this up for review. Hopefully I can catch this on a sale and I would have no issue grabbing a couple jugs.

6.2
      Thanks to EvoMuse for sending it out!
        August 29, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Increased Sweating
      • Increases Definition
      • Pleasant Burning Sensation
      • Pleasant Smell
      • Sheds Excess Water
      • Ingredient Amount Not Listed
      • A Little Pricey
      • NO Correct Way To Dose Accurate
      ---Introduction---
      I always enjoy trying out topical products and this would be my 1st topical fat burner to give a shot. Thanks to evomuse for sending this out to the TROOPs.

The ingredient list on this is ridiculously long and a couple other reviews have dived into them fairly deeply. You have a prop blend of fat burning ingredients and things to help with absorption. I don't have an issue with prop blends with this kind of product like i would others.

This is a topical product so you put a small amount on the desired area and ...
      ---Introduction---

This is a topical product so you put a small amount on the desired area and rub in. I would apply this to my midsection in the mornings after a shower.
      The color looks plain nasty, a brownish runny substance. The smell isn't overwhelming but you can tell you put something on that's alcoholy in smell. Also make sure you shake it up before applying to get it mixed up and less runny. Also could use a pump or syringe to measure better.

When I started this my diet was in check and I was trying to be serious. Well some unforseen circumstances popped up and I started to slack on my diet and workouts. I did manage to keep on schedule using this, but my discipline could have been better. That being said i loved the slight burning sensation you got when you 1st applied this. Just gave you the feeling you were starting to burn fat immediately even though I know that isn't the case. There was an increase in sweating around the area i applied this. My midsection has always been hard for me to tighten up. I didn't do any measuring before i started this but i could see the improvement at the end of the run. Love handles shrunk noticeably, and my overall weight went down slightly as well with my diet out of sorts even. Places that were already right really seemed to show some vascularity improvement as well.

$50ish dollars for each bottle is a little strep for a far burner of any kind. You can get a solid fat burner in pill form for about half that and not have to deal with the hassle that comes with topicals.

Side Effects

Some smell, can stain lighter clothes

Conclusion

This worked well I felt, but I think it could have been better if i would have been dialed in more personally and that's on me. I will be buying my own bottles soon and doing a strict run and will come back and update. The price needs some work but overall I was happy with my 1st topical fat burner.

Overall
      Overall
      6.6
      6.7
      5.6
      Thanks to SSP Nutrition for sending it out!
        August 28, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Makes Life Simple
      • WADA Compliant
      • Supports Training Needs
      • Convenience
      • Extremely Expensive
      • Proprietary Blends
      • Mild Preworkout

I apologize for the delay in the posting of this, I have been dealing with issues with my internet staying connected long enough to post reviews.
      With that being said, when I saw this offered up it peaked my interest. I was going to be busy at work and I wanted to try the convenience aspect of the product even if the profile wasn't the best.

This is a 3 part system so I'll start with the pre and just slightly touch base on each since they have been extensively reviewed.
      Pre-this is a pretty basic pree with aminos, and then a "pump complex ...

Pre-this is a pretty basic pree with aminos, and then a "pump complex " consisting of citrulline, beta alanine, creatine hcL, and some caffeine. Then probably a very little mucus pruiens, and ALA sprinkled in. Like all the products in this program it's a prop blend so hard to tell how much you are getting.
      Post-here you have 15g of fast acting carbs along with a little hydrolysate protein (2g) some BCAAs and a few types of carnitine. Also there is a 100mg spectra
      Blend with all kinds of stuff in it but at 100mg....
      Lean meal replacement- 20g of protein from wpc and milk protein concentrate, not my favorite sources of protein. 14g of carbs but with only 1g of fiber I'm assuming the 1st listed ingredient of the carb blend maltodextrin is probably pretty prevalent. They keep this meal replacement at 170 calories.

All 3 products were palatable, and I actually quite enjoyed the meal replacement, the pre and post were average flavors with a slight aftertaste but not bad. Mixing on the 3 Was acceptable and I'll go over dosing in the effectiveness.

The convenience here is key I could grab 3 packs on my way on the door. I tried to workout early during this but sometimesit would be after work regardless I took the meal replacement around 10am each day as I tend to eat lunch around 1pm.
      The pre workout was so so I have tried a lot of potent pre's so it's hard to gauge one thAt is more suited for beginners, but I could feel a slight boost in energy but not much focus or a pump to speak of.
      The post was enjoyable to drink after a workout it was fruity without that protein overpowering taste some products with protein have in them. My recovery was improved, but not by a huge amount.
      The lean meal replacement was probably my favorite part about the system. The chocolate flavor I found to be quite enjoyable, and even though it's only 170 calories I didn't really get hungry at all until it was time for my lunch. Satisfying hunger for 3+ hrs to me is a win. Also even though this had milk protein in it my stomach handled it fairly well. There were some stomach cramps but nothing unbearable or emergency bathroom trips.

Like so many mentioned for the price you pay here the convenience just isn't worth it to me. They were 3 decent products priced like a top 3 product plus some for convenience. I can't see myself buying the system even for half off unless are made.

Side Effects

Conclusion

SSP isn't the 1st supplement company to try to corner the convenience market of an all around nutrition line, but I do think they have done a better job than a lot of other companies out there. If they can need up the formulas a little and drive the price down then they might have something.

Overall
      Overall
      7.1
      6.2
      Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
        July 27, 2017

• Whole Food Sources
      • Increased Recovery
      • Convenient
      • Excellent Macro-Nutrient Composition
      • Lactose Free
      • Slightly Expensive

I have tried a lot of weight gainers, but this was my 1st meal replacement product. The title MRE provoked a bad taste in my mouth at 1st, having been in southeast Texas when Rita blew through I hope to never have to taste an actual MRE again. So let's see how this faired.

If you go with the full serving of 4 scoops you come out with 47g of protein, 75g of carbs, 4g of fat and 8g of fiber. The protein is sourced from some different places than I am used to seeing, salmon, rice, chicken, etc.

I received ...

I received the sweet potato pie flavor and I have to say it was pretty good. There is the slight taste of oats in there from the carb sources, but I have found that it's almost impossible to mask oats with any flavor.
      Mixing was tough, with that many scoops you are going to need an extra large blender bottle or an actual blender. If you use anything other than an actual blender there are going to be some clumps.
      As for dosing I would usually take a serving or half serving about an hour and a half before my workouts.

As is mentioned in the name the point of this is to replace a meal, the ratio of macros does a pretty good job of mimicking a decent Pre workout meal for me at a half serving. It filled me up to get me to my workout with energy, but it didn't make me feel overly full. There was no bloating or stomach discomfort on most of the days. There were a few instances when I went with the full 4 scoop serving size in place of a meal and it definitely served purpose, you won't be hungry again for awhile. Like with protein I didn't notice a whole lot of effects on my body with this other than being full and how my digestive system handled it.

This stuff is pricey. It's a supplement but at the same time you can use it as "food" so when you get a decent ratio for a meal in powder form 3ish per serving isn't terribly bad. But still $80 for a product is hard to swallow.

Side Effects

None here whatsoever

Conclusion

I went into this product with an open mind for both the company and product, and I have to say I was very happy with pretty much every aspect of this product, mixing could be better but with so much packed in here that gets a pass. If I can find this on sale somewhere I will be stocking up for quite awhile.