powerpants

• Moderate community participation

Reviews by powerpants

December 23, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduces Water Retention
  • Lost Fat
  • Maintained Muscle
  • Topical Cream
  • Increased Vascularity
  • Low Supplies
  • Can Be Expensive To Run Solo
  • Inaccurate Dosage
  • Really <30 Servings?
  • Back Acne
BACKGROUND

I've been training for around 4 years, most of it bulking up trying to gain mass. My diet has usually been quite clean but not always.With so much bulking my fat % has been quite high, around 18-20%. When I started this I was weighing 190lbs.

I was prescribed a TRT some time ago and it has helped me a lot with my overall feeling, and training of course.

GOALS

BACKGROUND

GOALS

My goals were to lose some of the fat I had gained from bulking up. I wasn't looking to become totally ripped, since afterall, it's still winter. I just didn't like to feel like a hippo all the time so decided to do a little cut in the middle of my longer bulking phase.

I used formestane to maintain as much muscle as possible and to boost fat burning. I stacked it with Oxyelite Pro.

WORKOUT

My workouts contained my usual 4 day split. I tried to do sets of 6-8 reps to maintain strenght during the cut. I also did some cardio before each workout and before breakfast on some of the days off.

DIET

My diet was fairly clean: mostly chicken breast, fish, vegetables, wholewheat pasta, lean beef, nuts, vegetable oils divided into 6 meals during the day.

I was eating around 2000-2000kcal/day with around 220g Protein, 120g carbs, 100g fat. The diet was good most of the times except for a few "cheat days".

DOSAGE / STACK

I dosed the formestane 200mg/day for 6 weeks, with maybe 100-50mg/ day for the last few days to come off it slowly and to avoid estrogen rebound.

I stacked Formestane with Oxyelie Pro, dosing it 3 capsules/day as recommended.
I also used the following supplements thoughout the cycle:
-Anavite 6 capsules/day
-Fish oil 5 capsules/day (1g)
-Arginine 10-15g/day
-Post-workout: ON 2:1:1 Recovery
-Creatine 5g/day
-Jack3d (the weeks at the end of the cycle, then missed a few OEP caps to avoid too many stims)

FORMESTANE

The bottle was wrapped in a plastic cover, and when I opened it the bottle was already wet of the stuff, which didn't feel very reliable. It had a lock feature: when the cap is turned left it closes and can't be pressed.

The stuff was white and smelled like alcohol, and the smell also reminded me of some super glue. I applied it on my arms, traps, stomach area and lower back. It always dried quickly and was never uncofortable.

One bottle is supposed to contain 30 servings. (1 serving is 4 pumps) This means that 1 bottle will only last you 15 days if used 200mg/day which is the usual for a standalone cycle. So for my 6 weeks I needed 3 bottles. In reality however I was able to get out maybe 25 servings per bottle, it ended quite quickly.

I found the dosing system somehow inaccurate, as the amount wasn't always the same per pump. This was especially annoying towards the end of the bottle.

The price was about 50$ per bottle, which expensive as it only contains enough formestane for 15 days. My cycle become quite expensive at the end as I needed 3 bottles in total for 6 weeks use.

EFFECTS (positive)

During the 6 weeks I lost nearly 20lbs of bodyweight without losing much (if any) muscle. I was very happy with this. I went from +- 190lbs to 170lbs in 6 weeks.

The first 3 weeks I didn't really feel any effects, but after that I started to notice much more muscle definition and my muscles felt harder. I started seeing increased vascularity in my arms.

I started losing strenght during the first 4 weeks of the cycle, which is quite common for a cut with a low carb diet. However, the last weeks my strenght started increasing again, and I even made my new personal record on deadlift during the last week of the cycle.

Im not really sure if it had any effect on my libido. Some days it was quite low but some days very high. My erections felt a little softer than usual I think. I'm actually experiencing more lack of libido now that I have ended using it.

EFFECTS (negative)

The second week on formestane I started developing some back acne, which was quite ugly but fortunately it's not beach season so I didn't mind it too much.

BEFORE and AFTER PICTURES

Please check the before and after pictures I took. They are not very accurate and are slighly taken from different angles and in a different lighting, but you still get the idea!

FRONT: http://imageshack.us/f/836/beforeafter1.jpg/

SIDE: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651/beforeafter2a.jpg/

CONCLUSION

Formestane is a great product for cutting and maintaining muscle when losing weight. Unfortunately it is very expensive to run solo and there are very low supplies, CEL has ended its production.

Formestane is an aromatase inhibitor meaning it reduces excess estrogen in the body. This gives you a better T/E ratio meaning you can have more free testosterone. Formestane can be anabolic at high dosages.

The only side effect it caused me was back acne and possibly decrease in libido. It is a nice product to use, but it is hard to get all the 30 servings out from the bottle. I recommend opening the bottle at the end a diggind out every last drop possible.

Overall
Overall
0.0
  November 13, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Side Effects
  • Not Sure If Effective.
  • Waste Of Money
I got a bottle of Formadrol with the Natabolic Stack months ago. This was advertised as a PCT for the Natadrol cycle, but since Natadrol had no effects on me I left the Formadrol in my drawer.

I found the bottle again when I was moving. Since it is supposed to have anti-estrogen like effects I decided to try it out rather than throw it in the bin.

During my Formadrol cycle I was bulking up, consuming around +500kcal over maintenance. My diet was clean and workouts were good as usual - with a 4 day split.

I dosed it 4 capsules per day, which was the maximum recommended on the bottle. The pills were red, tasteless and easy to swallow. However if I took them without a meal or after a meal, they caused very unpleasant sour herb-tasting burps.

I did NOT notice ANY EFFECTS on this 1-month cycle. It was a complete waste of money. It had no positive effects or negative effects on me.

This review stays short since there are no effects to describe. I don't recommend this product to anyone as it was useless just like Natadrol was. Do not waste your money.

September 5, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Less Soreness Next Day
  • Lean Gains
  • Mixes Well
  • Outstanding Ingredient Profile
  • Small Bottle
2:1:1 Recovery is one of my favourite post-workout products. I have consumed several bottles of it during my bulking phase and I have really liked it.

WHAT IS IT?
2:1:1 Recovery is a post-workout powder by Optimum Nutrition, with an Optimum ratio of quality nutrients inside:
-A 2:1:1 ratio of protein: hydrolyzed whey, miceller casein, and egg albumen
-A 2:1:1 ratio of quickly digesting carbs: glucose polymers, sucrose and fructose
-A 2:1:1 ratio of BCAA:s: leucine, isoleucine and valine.

WHAT IS IT?
-A 2:1:1 ratio of protein: hydrolyzed whey, miceller casein, and egg albumen
-A 2:1:1 ratio of BCAA:s: leucine, isoleucine and valine.

The ingredients seem to be really good to assure a good recovery for a bodybuilder. However it does not contain any creatine, which I had to add in the mixture. However I wouldn't list that as a con, since it it could be better for someone trying to lose weight.

I personally used it for bulking up, but it might be actually better for recovery while cutting. It doesn't have too many carbs in it and therefore next I will try Optimums Aftermax which has more calories per serving.

TASTE AND MIXABILITY:
For the taste I had chocolate. I can honestly say that this the best tasting supplement I have ever tasted. It is something you would even drink just for the taste. The powder also mixes very well with water, there was no problems with that.

EFFECTIVITY:
It is hard to compare post-workout products since you don't see the effects right away. However, you can definitely feel that your muscles are less sore the next day. 2:1:1 Recovery has nutrients inside that are proven to work, so there is no arguing about that. 2:1:1 Recovery does help your muscles recover.

VALUE:
For the value I gave a 7 since the product is too expensive compared to the amount. If you are not a total lightweight you probably would use 2 servings after your workout like I did, in order to get 60g of carbs and 34g of protein. When used like this, a bottle only has 15 servings in it, making it's regular use quite expensive. I wish they would sell this in 10lb bags to have a better value.

OVERALL:
2:1:1 Recovery is a great product but quite expensive. It has good quality ingredients and the taste is great. I would probably recommend this rather to use while cutting and not bulking, like I did. I will for sure buy this again for my diet since it doesn't have too many calories and carbs in it. For my next bulking phase I will try something heavier.

April 30, 2011

• Bad Crash
  • Must Be Taken On Empty Stomach
  • Body Becomes Tolerant
  • Pricey
1.M.R claims: "ENERGY, STRENGHT, PUMP, FOCUS"
"INTENSE NON-STOP VASCULARITY AND ENERGY"

It certainly does what it promises, at least for the energy and focus part.

1.M.R was the 3rd pre-workout product I tried, after trying Jack3d and SP 250. It certainly is an effective PWO, but I didn't really like it.

I used the bottle while I was bulking, with my usual workout routine, gym 5 times per week. My diet was fairly good and clean. I usually took it at least 1,5 hours after my last meal. I always took the recommended dose (1 scoop).

For the flavor I chose "Fruit Punch". The taste ...
1.M.R claims: "ENERGY, STRENGHT, PUMP, FOCUS"
"INTENSE NON-STOP VASCULARITY AND ENERGY"

It certainly does what it promises, at least for the energy and focus part.

For the flavor I chose "Fruit Punch". The taste was horrible. "Artificial Cherry" would describe the taste better. It was very bad compared to the Jack3d with Fruit Punch flavor. Both were quite bitter though.
The powder was very easy to mix with water.

1.M.R did give me some INSANE ENERGY and some weird FOCUS. I had felt a kind of a "tunnel vision" on it. I found my self staring at the wall couple of times at the gym. Talking to my friends there seemed akward. "Are you OK?" -A friend of mine asked. The product totally made me feel Cracked out.

The workout itself felt very good. I felt like "pushing it to the limits". I was very concentrated on each set. I felt like I would've had energy to do much more after my usual routine. It certainly gave me more endurance.

1.M.R didn't really increase my strenght in any ways. It didn't give me any extra reps in any exercices. It just gave me a good mental feeling about working out. Also, I dind't experience much of a pump on it. It neither gave me any "intense vascularity".

Tolerance builds up very quickly to the substances of 1.M.R. After 2 weeks of use the "cracked out" feeling disappeared. I still had good workouts though with energy and focus.

1.M.R gave me a terrible crash after the workout. I usually felt like I could sleep 10 hours, but it was impossible as my body was filled with stimulants.

The worst side effect of 1.M.R is insomnia. Even if I took my dose at 4 pm, It would take me till 5 am to fall asleep. Also the quality of my sleep was always very bad, I often woke up sweating and after had a hard time falling asleep again.

Apart from the terrible insomnia, crash and a stimulant drug like feeling, 1.M.R doesn't seem to have other side effects. My stomach was completely fine with it, but it took hunger away for hours after taking it.

Overall 1.M.R is a very strong stimulant based pre-workout product which I could only recommend for someone who is often very tired while working out. It caused me terrible insomnia. Since sleep is one of the most important three basics of bodybuilding I can't recommend 1.M.R to an average person. It was also more expensive than its competitor Jack3d.

I would rather recommend taking 1.M.R when going to a rave rather than the gym!

March 8, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Energy
  • Focus
  • Endurance
  • Decent Pumps
  • Decent Energy
  • Bubble Gut
  • Makes You Want To Drop A Deuce
  • Made Me Extremely Sick To My Stomach
SuperPump 250 was the second pre-workout supplement I tried, after using a bottle of Jack3d. I think SP 250 is OK, but there are better pre-workout products.

I used the bottle while I was bulking with a nice clean diet. I always used 2 scoops of it mixed in 300ml of water 30-40 minutes before my workout.

For the TASTE I chose "refreshing orange". It was ok, but very bitter. SP 250 MIXES very well, no problems with that.

SP 250 gives you some clean ENERGY and MOTIVATION for your workout. Also the ENDURANCE is quite nice, you don't get tired so easily at the gym and you can FOCUS better.

Also the PUMPS are decent, I could definitely feel them and my muscles looked full during my workout.

If these were all the effects, I would grade SP 250 much better. Unfortunately it also has annoying side effects:

Right after drinking it, it always made me need to TAKE A CRAP. This isn't too bad if you have a toilet near you, but maybe not the best idea to drink it while walking to the gym.

SP 250 was quite BAD FOR MY STOMACH. The stomach effects usually occurred after the workout, for several hours. I experienced a BLOATED STOMACH and TOXIC FARTS from it.

Super Pump also caused PROBLEMS FALLING ASLEEP, much more that Jack3d did. This I found to be the most annoying side effect, especially if you have work the next day.

OVERALL Super Pump 250 is a decent pre-workout product and isn't so expensive anymore. Because of the SIDE EFFECTS I wouldn't recommed this product to anyone sensitive to sleeping problems or anyone with a sensitive stomach. Even though Gaspari is a quality brand, I think there are better pre-workout products available.

March 8, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Intense Thermogenic
  • Fat Loss
  • Increased Focus And Concentration
  • Diminished Appetite
  • No Crash
  • Lost Excess Water Weight Immediately.
  • Gave Me A Little Anxiety
  • A Little Expensive Need To Buy On Sale
  • Be Careful - Extremely Potent
  • Mood Swings
I finished a bottle of OxyElite Pro about a month ago and I was very pleased with the results. Though not a magic pill, OxyElite Pro is definitely a strong fat burner and here are my experiences with it:

BACKGROUND:
I have been bulking for more than a year now and it was time to do my first diet. Before starting my diet I was weighing 172 lbs, with some fat around my chest and belly.

DIET:

BACKGROUND:

DIET:
My diet was very clean; high protein, decent fat and low carbs. I ate 6 times a day with lots of protein in each meal, carbs only in the morning + post workout shake and fats mostly before going to sleep. Troughout the diet I had an estimated calorie deficit of about 500-700 Kcal.

I stacked OEP with USPlabs Pink Magic and Creatine to maintain as much muscle as possible. I also used some Green Tea Extract capsules in the morning and Fish Oil capsules in the morning + before going to sleep.

WORKOUT:
My workout was weightlifting 4 times/week and morning cardio 2 times/week with 1 day off. For the weightlifting, muscle groups were shared in 4 different days and I usually did sets of 6-8 to maintain strenght.

GOALS:
My goals were mainly to lose extra fat from bulking up, and some of the chest/belly fat that's always been there. I was also hoping to get to see at least a little part of my abs.

DOSAGE:
The first morning of my diet I only took 1 capsule to see its effects. It didn't feel bad so after that I went straight to the maximal dosage (2 in the morning + 1 4-6h after) and kept that dosage during the month.

EFFECTS (+):
Right after starting to use OEP my weight started to drop at an average rate of 3 lbs per week. I could definitely feel that it was working. I was losing water weight immediately.

I was often feeling quite hot, and at the gym I always had a lot of energy. I was also sweating a lot more than usually. I was feeling quite concentrated all the time, a clear stimulant effect.

I felt some of the appetite diminishing effects. I was sometimes hungry but not often, I was still eating 6 times a day!

OEP also gave me a lot of energy which is necessary on a diet. I didn't experience insomnia as I took my last capsule around 4 pm usually.

EFFECTS (-):
A worrying effect of OEP was a very high heart rate. After heavy bench press sets my heart was beating so fast sometimes that I got scared and I was feeling quite dizzy. My performance was ok but 1 set felt like 3 sets at once.

An annoying effect I also experienced was vasoconstriction. It's not dangerous I think and it's very common with stimulants, but the fact that my penis shrunk to the size of a shrimp after taking OEP was not very nice :P. This effect diminished after the cycle.

I also noticed some mood swings and angriness during the cycle. This can be also related to eating less, but I sometimes got very angry for unimportant things. Sometimes I was very emotional which is not usual me!!

WERE MY GOALS REACHED?:
Yes and no. I went from 172 lbs to 159 pounds in a month. 13 pounds in a month was not bad, actually it was too fast. Quite a lot of the lost weight was water weight I would say. I didn't get to see my abs and didn't lose much around my chest but of course, cant expect wonders from such a short diet! Next time I should run it for 2 months, but do it more slowly.

Stacked with Pink Magic, I was able to keep most of my strenght and muscle. Some strengt was lost after the diet though.

Check my BEFORE/AFTER picture here to get an idea: http://img217.imageshack.us/i/beforeafterx.jpg/

OVERALL:
Overall OxyElite Pro is a very strong fat burner, and I can recommend it to everyone who want's to lose weight quickly. If you are sensitive to stimulants try another product. Be careful and don't go max dosage right away, it's very potent!

February 9, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Brought Out Veins In Arms And Shoulders
  • 6-8 Pills A Day
  • Cost!
  • Pretty Expensive..
  • Proprietary Blend Of Common Ingredients
  • Oily Skin
  • No Results
  • Not Enough Research Of The Ingredients
  • Broken Capsules In The Container
I've finished a bottle of Pink Magic now and want to tell my experiences about it. I took it by the recommended dosage during 1 month. I bought it because I read many reviews saying it is awesome, but for me, it was a big disappointment.

I took Pink Magic while I was on a diet, stacking it with OxyElite Pro. I think this is and efficient way to see if this kind of product will actually work, as it is very hard to gain muscle while losing weight.

My diet was a high protein/low carb diet, with long lasting carbs only in the morning and in my post workout drink, around 30g of protein in each meal and quality fats at night. My target was a 500 kcal deficit thoughtout the month. I also took omega 3 capsules in the morning and before going to sleep and creatine before my workouts.

My goals were to gain/maintain muscle and strenght during my 1 month diet. I lost 5kg of bodyweight and didn't get any stronger. My strenght levels stayed exactly the same than before, actually even lowered in some exercices.

The only effects I noticed from this was a little more acne in my back, and my sweat started to smell more. I didn't mind these, as actually little side effects usually just show if a product is working.

I did NOT notice any muscle growth, strenght increase, better pumps, better recovery, endurance or libido increase. I DID notice a very little change is vascularity, but this was probably because of fat loss.

The capsules were easy to swallow and I didn't really mind having to eat so many per day. An annoying thing was that there were a few broken capsules in the container, making every capsule taste very bad.

OVERALL, I can't recommend this product to anyone of my age since I didn't get ANY results from it. I still gave and overall of 6 because this product seems to work for some people. Maybe it would work better if taken for 2 months, but it's not very attracting as the first bottle didn't do anything. Pink Magic is expensive as well. I usually like USPlabs' products but not this one! There isn't either much research behind the ingredients of PM of actually raising testosterone levels in humans.

December 22, 2010

Pros:
 Cons:
  • A Lot Better Focus
  • Minimal Ingredients
  • Clean Feeling Of Energy
  • Taste Wasnt To Bad
  • No Fillers
  • Assess Your Tolerance
  • Not Much Pump As Expected
USPlabs Jack3d

Jack3d Claims: "Intense Muscle-Gorging Strenght, Energy, Power and Endurance"

As it promises, it will give you something like this, at least a lot of energy.

After reading the other reviews, I was expecting quite a lot from this product. I started with a dosage of 2 scopes and I definitely felt a difference, but not so special as expected.

I chose "fruit punch" as the taste. It wasn't too bad but it was very bitter! I was able to drink it quite easily though. The small doses are an advantage.

The powder was quite easy to mix, though sometimes some powder was l...
USPlabs Jack3d

Jack3d Claims: "Intense Muscle-Gorging Strenght, Energy, Power and Endurance"

As it promises, it will give you something like this, at least a lot of energy.

The powder was quite easy to mix, though sometimes some powder was left to the bottom of my glass, but adding a little more water solved that problem.

I definitely felt the pumps in my muscles, especially the first times using it. This effect disappeared very quickly though, after a week I would say. I also could see my veins a little bit better, not much as my bf is quite high at the moment.

Tolerance is built very quickly. I always took 2 scoops about 30 minutes before my workout during the time the jar lasted. I was bulking while using it.

Jack3d will give you a lot of energy, focus and motivation. While using it, I didn't feel anything too special, but I never felt tired during my workouts. Maybe this product is better for people who often feel tired or unmotivated.

A good thing about Jack3d is that the ingredients are minimal and that there are no fillers.

Overall this Jack3d will provide some clean energy and nice pumps for the first week, but tolerance is built quite quickly to it. For the value I would say, that if it would be cheaper it would be worth using. It didn't have any side effects on me.

I'm going to try Superpump 250 next, and compare it to this product in my next review!