nmucha01

Banned

• Was an active member for 1 year, but hasn't been online since June, 2012
  • This member has been banned for violating our site rules.

Reviews by nmucha01

August 16, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Recovery
  • Reduced Muscle Soreness
  • Great Price
    This product is somewhat of a unicorn, there really isn't anything bad about it at all.

Value: 10/10. First off, it was 20 bucks for 240 caps, which is drop-dead awesome. Nothing much more you can say about that.

Effectiveness: 10/10. I'm currently doing a recomp with LOTS of cardio, and I was concerned about losing muscle mass. Since glutamine is the most abundant BCAA in your muscle, and it is used up quickly in strenuous exercise, I decided to supplement it to avoid muscle catabolism, decrease in bone density, etc.

For that purpose, it has performed well. I have lost no muscle m...

For that purpose, it has performed well. I have lost no muscle mass, and even gained muscle, while losing fat. My muscles get sore, but never lava-tearing-explosive pain like I was experiencing before I started using this. I take 2 at night (2 grams) and 4 at night on leg day.

Taste/Smell: 10/10. The pills do not smell, and they are small and coated, and swallow easily. I DEFINITELY recommend the pills above the powder.

Overall: 10/10. Overall, to me this is a perfect product. It's definitely a staple in even the most basic stack, and anyone from a basic lifter to the most advanced bodybuilder could benefit from this, which, I think is what makes this such a good product.

August 6, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Decent Taste
    • Made Me Feel Sick
    • Unimpressive Ingredient List
    I was given a tub of Hyperbolic 10 by my friend, and I gave it back after not too long. Took it as a pre-workout. (Though I am aware it is marketed as pre/intra/post).

Value: 4/10. Since I did not purchase mine, I went to BodyBuilding.com to check the price, and found that a tub of Hyperbolic 10 is 60 bucks for 36 servings. That's just ridiculous, wayyy more expensive than a pre-workout with its ingredients should be.

Taste/Mixability: 7/10. Taste was okay for a pre-workout, but since it contains no stimulants, it should taste better. Mixed okay, but left little chunks floating, which were gritty and unpleasant.

Ingredients: 6/10. Just not very impressive (to me). BCAA's, Karbolyn, Kre-Alkalyn, Glutamine, and some ineffective prop blend. (Lists Beta Alanine, but no tingles for me, and I am sensitive to it). For a very few lucky people, this may be EXACTLY the list of ingredients you want, but it wasn't for me.

Effectiveness: 7/10. I did notice better endurance in the workouts, although I can't necessarily attribute this to any ingredients in the mix other than Karbolyn, which does the same thing for me anyway.

However, the real reason I really disliked Hyperbolic 10 is that it would sit in my stomach funny, and, by the second half of my workout, I would feel like throwing up, and cardio at the end was almost impossible to work through. That is why I could not finish the entire tub.

In all, this is an okay supplement, despitte the terrible score I gave it, but to me, it just had way too many issues. It's wayyy too expensive, and the ingredients left a lot to be desired. If you have a stronger stomach, and you like the ingredient list, and don't mind paying a bit more money for what is essentially BCAA's and Karbolyn, go for it. Otherwise, I'd suggest making your own intra, if you're going to take one at all.

I know I may take some flak for reviewing this product without literally finishing an entire tub, but I gave it several servings, and I would not have finished it anyway, and I feel as though I still was able to give it an accurate review.

August 6, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Helps Maintain Muscle On A Cut
    • May Help With Energy Levels On A Cut
    • Bad Smell
    • Horse Pills
    • Pills Stick In Your Throat
    I went through two bottle of this product from approximately last July to October-ish, on a cut.

Value: 6/10. Its 25 bucks for 60 servings, which for amino acids, is pretty expensive. I won't buy the product again, and will go with another brand, like Universal's Aminos, just on price alone.

Taste/size: 3/10. Well, for starters, the pills are huge. And they aren't coated, so swallowing them is a chore. All three can be done at once, but it's iffy; I've gotten one hung in my throat several times, and they do NOT taste good. And this is coming from someone who has no trouble at all with Animal Pak's 11 pills in one gulp; BCAA 3750's pills are just too big.

Effectiveness: 9/10. Used 3 in the morning and 3 at night during a cutting cycle in order to preserve muscle mass. For those unfamiliar with the process, your muscles use ATP to contract, which is replenished by CP (Creatine Phosphate). Creatine is made of three amino acids, all found in BCAA 3750, so the elevated levels given to you by this product prevent both a total lack of energy during a cut, and your muscles eating themselves for Aminos.

And for that purpose, BCAA 3750 worked well; On a cut where my calories were (most likely) too low, I didn't lose much musle MASS at all, if any, and though at the end of the day I was hungry and tired, I never got that run-down feeling.

Overall, I say 7/10. Not bad, because it works, but I feel like there are much better choices out there. I'd skip this one, unless you see it on sale, or you're desperate.

August 5, 2011

• Tastes Great Compared To Other Caseins
    • Less Soreness Upon Waking
    • Amazing Taste
    • Helped Recovery
    • Not Hungry Upon Waking!
    • Helps Prevent Hunger During Sleep
    • Mixability Issues
    ON does it again for me.

I just finished my huge tub of Casein, 55 serving I think. I had chocolate.

Taste: 10/10. I usually don't get chocolate If I can avoid it, and I'm kind of a *** when it comes to taste, I'll admit. But ON Casein tasted awesome, it was smooth and chocolatey, I would actually crave it at night.

Mixability: 7/10. Not so great, probably the worst aspect of the product. It mixed pretty well for the first 60% of the tub, but towards the end it would clump up, no matter how hard I shook it.

Value: 9/10. It's expensive, no doubt. I got my 5lb tub for 45 dollars, ...
    ON does it again for me.

I just finished my huge tub of Casein, 55 serving I think. I had chocolate.

Value: 9/10. It's expensive, no doubt. I got my 5lb tub for 45 dollars, which is a hefty chunk of change for a student, but two factors gave it good value: 1.) Its lasts forevverrrr, and 2.) It is very effective.

Effectiveness: I took this product to keep me from losing muscle at night and to keep me full at night, so I wouldn't wake up so hungry that I would go and eat terrible, unhealthy craving foods when I woke up. For both of those goals, ON delivered, I would wake up with a still slightly full stomach. But I also noticed more Muscle Gain over the course of the tub, and less soreness on nights when I used it, especially leg days.

Overall: 9/10. I've tried lots of samples of other time-release proteins, and while I can't really judge their effectiveness, I can tell you that ON casein is great tasting in comparison, especially with skim milk, which is how I mixed it. I recommend this product to anyone who is trying to seriously build muscle, because nighttime catabolism can really be detrimental.

This easily became a staple for me.

August 1, 2011

• Lots Of Bcaas
    • Great Recovery
    • Smell Stays In The Cup/bottle
    • Dang Pricey
    • Funky Taste Issues
    This is weird for me, because I usually love ON products. Hydrowhey was kind of meh for me.

I had a tub of cookies n' cream.

Value: I give this a 5/10 on value because it is expeeeensive stuff. I think it was 30 dollars for the tub I got, and since I tend to overserve my scoops it lasted around 3 weeks. I will compare this to IsoFlexx because I have bought and used IsoFlexx before and it is about 30 bucks for much more protein. This is really the only bad thing about the protein.

I had a tub of cookies n' cream.

Tatse/mixability: I give it a 8.5/10 because the taste is pretty darn good, and so is the mixability, but once again, I've had better. In terms of mixability, it mixed really well, but occasionally left tiny chunks or a film on my shaker bottle, but never too bad. Taste was overall very good, but it took some experimentation with how much water I needed, because too much water and it is NASTY. With milk, taste is 11/10, like Syntha6, but defeats the purpose of an extremely quick protein.

Effectiveness: I give this a 9 or 10/10 because I definitely noticed less soreness, and this stuff has a mega dose of BCAA's.

Recipe: 10/10, simply great. Just as good as any protein I've ever seen, great BCAA's and 30g protein, 1g fat and 2g carb. It's super for post workout.

Overall, I give Hydrowhey a 7/10, because as good as the blend is and as effective as it is, it's pretty expensive and the taste isn't the best I've ever had. Don't get me wrong, for protein, it's great. I'm just a little spoiled.

Another good thing though about this protein is that ON tests their protein powders for heavy metals and contaminants, so it is safe.

I would recommend this to someone who either couldn't get a cheaper protein, (like IsoFlexx) or is anal about making sure the stuff they ingest is tested for heavy metals. I know I may catch some flak for mentioning another protein so much in a different products review, but I will be completelly honest anyway. Just get IsoFlexx or Iso100. I love ON's casein, but in terms of postworkout, you can find a cheaper, better tasting product.

August 1, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Strong Pre-workout
    • Strong Endurance
    • Crazy Tingles
    • Okay Taste
    • Wish They Made A Bigger Container
    • Taste Gets Old
    Ohhhh man, have I been waiting for this review. I haven't been able to do it before because me and my brother share a laptop, and the system won't let the same IP address do a review, but now that I got a new laptop, IT'S ON.

Value: I give Noxipro a 10/10 on value because it is 27 bucks (25 w/ discount) for 40 servings. For a preworkout, that is UNHEARD of. But cheap doesn't make value alone. What gives this product good value is that in 3 continued months of use, I never once had to go above 2 scoops. I've tried Jack3d and it didn't touch the feeling Noxipro gave me.

Taste: I give No...

Taste: I give Noxipro a 7/10 on taste, and it's the worst thing about this product. That said though, Noxipro is the best tasting PWO I've had. Everyone says it, and it's tru, this stuff tastes good. I think it's because it has Karbolyn in it. Anyway, the reason I gave it a 7 is because on an empty stomach, it made me gag for about a week, until it was used to it. (If you haven't read my other reviews, I'm a little bit of a *** when it comes to taste.) But it did grow on me, until I learned to love the taste.

Mixability: I give it a 9/10, it always mixed well, but occasionally there would be some grit at the end of the serving, probably because I didn't use enough water.

Blend: I give it a total 10/10 on this. It has Beta Alanine, 1,3 Dimeth, caffeine, creatine, Karbolyn, and other insane stimulants. Others will feel different, but for me, this had the right amount of everything.

Effectiveness: 10/10. For me, Noxipro gave me the tingles, the tunnel vision, the Drive. The only other PWO that was this strong that I've tried is Hemo Rage, which was TOO strong for me. As I mentioned, I never needed to go over two scoops, and the times I went to two scoops were insane. Since everyone responds differently to stims, everyone will get benefitted differently. When I used this stuff, the girlfriend disappeared, the friends disappeared, and all there was was me, and the weights.

Overall: I give Noxipro a 9 overall. For me, the sick Drive it gave me was totally worth the average taste, and the price made it a no-brainer.

I would recommend this to someone looking for a really good PW. (Duh!). But I will say, if you have a high tolerance to stims, I would try Hemo Rage, as for me it was a bit stronger that this. But if you're some teenager who thinks taking four scoops of Jack3d is the shiz, just try this stuff. Haha just not on an empty stomach, cause it can make you feel a little lightheaded/gaggy.

July 25, 2011

• Supadupacheap
    • Great Ingedient Blend
    • Effective
    • Don't Smell The Bottle. Just Don't.
    I hesitated at first to rate this product so highly, but it deserves it.

Price: 11/10. First off, I got a 180ct bottle of this stuff for 20 bucks. At 3 pills a serving, that's 66 cents a serving. Phenominal.

Taste/smell: 8/10. I wouldn't recommend smelling them. There was no taste, and the pills were coated, not too big, and easy enough to swallow. No fishy burp, but I took them before bed, so I still wouldn't recommend them on an empty stomach.

I hesitated at first to rate this product so highly, but it deserves it.

Effectiveness: 9/10. It's kind of hard to gauge the effectiveness of a product like this, but I would occasionally experience joint discomfort, and through two bottle of this product, that never happened. Also, my hair and skin have become more oily, but in a good way. Not oily-gross, and I had no increase in acne, but my hair feels healthier, and my skin is less dry than usual.

Ingredient profile: 11/10. Very impressive, Omega 3, 6, and 9, CLA, and assorted healthy fats from safflower, sunflower, etc oils. This is as good of a fat blend as I've seen anywhere else. Only possible negative is that the unsaturated (healthy) fats are lumped together in a prop blend, but that's a tiny issue.

Overall: 9/10. A good price and a great ingredient profile make this a sure choice if you are looking for a Fish Oil/fatty acid. I've tried other Fish Oils, and will continue to use this one, and if you don't have a Fish Oil/fatty acid supplement yet, and you can find this one, I highly recommend getting it.

But dear god just don't smell the bottle.

July 25, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Mountain Dew Came Out Of My Willy
    • Not Quite As Insane As Animal Pak
    Opti-men is my new favorite supplement. I used to take Animal Pak, but this is my multi now.

Price: 11/10. I got a 90ct bottle for about 12 bucks, and since I only take 2 pills a serving, that made a serving a little bit more than a quarter. Great deal, and I will probably buy in bulk in the future.

Taste/smell: 10/10. This was the most suprising aspect of this supplement to me. Coming from Animal Pak, I expected them to smell like someone ***ed in the can, but for some reason, it the pills smelled like cinnamon to me. The pills are small and easy to swallow, and do not taste bad.

...

Effectiveness: 8/10. Once again, it's kind of hard to gauge the effectiveness of this type of product, but I did notice a bit more pep in my step than the previous month, when I had no multi. This will also turn your pee into mountain dew, which brings into light a second good aspect to this supp, if you are dehydrated, you will know it. It is possible to have clear pee while taking this supp, but verrrry hard. I got clear pee at around 1.5 gallons a day.

Value: 11/10. Looking through the amount of everything in a serving (which was 3 pills) it looked like 2 would be wayyy enough. That put it at 45 servings for 12 bucks, so mad value.

Ingredient blend: 10/10. Not as insane as Animal Pak, but it has everything you really need, and a lot you don't. Some welcome extras are saw palmetto, for your prostate, BCAA's, Ginko, and ALA. In all, it's a great multi, and may not have kryptonite and shiz in it, but IMO its worth it not to have to swallow Animal Pak's 11 pills.

Overall: 9/10. A great ingredient list and a mega-low price make this my favorite multi. If you don't like swallowing Animal Pak's 11 pills, but still want a multi that packs a punch, this is a good choice. And if you're looking for something a bit less insane, but still a solid value, give Opti-Men a try.

July 8, 2011

• Strength Gains
    • Short Supply
    • Acne And Oil
    I got two bottles of this and ran it for 6 weeks, and my feelings on this product are kind of mixed.

Price: 9/10 Price was not bad, for a test Booster, especially considering that some test Boosters can go for a lot of money at GNC. Easily the best thing about this product.

Ingredients: 6/10 I believe that CTD has changed the formula on this stuff, 'cause now its both ZMA (???) and a proprietary blend of test Boosters/anti-aromatases. I don't like the prop blend, and honestly, it looked a little weak to me. However, through the six weeks, I did notice good strength, muscle, and endurance gains.

Dosing: 10/10 Easy, just 2 pills at night. Gave me crazy dreams and woke up with morning wood every day for 6 straight weeks, something ZMA doesn't do for me, so that's something.

Effectiveness: 7/10 This product gets a pretty big "meh" from me, because I know for a fact there are much stronger test Boosters out there, like Animal Stak/p6/etc. However, this product was pretty dang cheap, and starting at week 4 I beat some personal bests on DB bench, pullups, and deadlift, strength that I have kept, so I definately don't regret using it. Also, I noticed more vascularity and muscle density, especially in my arms.

My diet was clean and heavy, around 4000cal/day (though often less), and I hit the weights heavy. At weeks 3 I noticed a little less water weight (maybe due to the anti-estrogens) but also maybe due to increased cardio. In the 6 weeks I took this product I gained about 4 or 5 lbs, though some of that was likely fat due to a high calorie diet.

For my lower body, I didn't really gain strength (i.e. squat) but I found myself able to do more reps.

All in all, I would recommend this product to people looking for something to stack with something like Animal Stak. I really think Animal Stak in the morning and this product at night would be a killer stack, and I might just try it in a few months.

This isnt the strongest test Booster, but it is also not the most expensive, and a pretty effective nighttime test Booster. Even at 22 years old, I got some pretty good effects out of it, so perhaps a person in the 30's or 40's would get better benefits.

And for a combination of ZMA and night time test Booster, the price (30 bucks at my nutrition depot)was a pretty good deal.

Cons include increase in body acne, oil on my nose, and the fact that I needed 2 bottles to do a cycle. Just standard test Booster woes I guess lol. Pm me if you have any questions

June 17, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Tastes Unreal
    • Mixes Great
    • No Bloating
    • No Aftertaste
    • Lil Pricey
    I have completed a few tubs of this, and have been waiting to review it, so here goes:

Value: 7/10. There are cheaper protein blends, but there are still aspects of this that make it worth it. I believe that it came down to around a dollar-ish a serving, which isn't bad at all.

Taste: 10/10. This is the easy one. Chocolate is dang good, but Chocolate Peanut Butter? Oh God. Its SO good. I literally look forward to it after my workout. To me, it tastes liek a Reeses Cup, and is helped by chunks of chocolate in it.

Mixibility: 10/10. It mixes very well and easily, and even after sitti...

Mixibility: 10/10. It mixes very well and easily, and even after sitting in a fridge for a few hourse, is good to go after a couple of shakes.

Effectiveness: 9/10. Here is the one aspect that MAY dissapoint you about this product. It has 27g protein 1g carbs. Now, if you are bigger, you can probably digest 30-40g (correct me if I'm wrong) protein in a sitting, and after a workout, your muscles need both carbs and fat, in order to recover and build new cells.

This protein does not supply that. HOWEVER. Do what I do, and mix it in milk, and.... VOILA!!! Not only does it taste like something that you get at Jamba Juice, but you get essential carbs and fat for your muscles, as well as some casein proteins that milk has in it.

Conclusion: 9/10. This protein may not be the fanciest, most extreme, loaded up protein powder out there. But mixed with milk, a heaping scoop, along with a healthy diet, is (IMO) all that you need. The only real issue here is the price, which may initially scare people off from buying this. I definately reccommend trying it, though.