kalans

• Linked social media account

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by kalans

Introduction + Supplement Facts
I typically start off a sleep aid review by commenting something along the lines "I am not a stranger to sleep aids.." To which this was very apparent later on! I contacted Redcon1 at launch, and as many have seen their product line is very large and have great formulations! I was lucky enough to given the opportunity to review this product, anyways this review is long overdue as the product lasted such a long time for me.

Introduction + Supplement Facts

This label is even more of everything that you could even want in a sleep aid, if you can tolerate Phenubit! 1g of Phenubit which is a very high dosage for products in this category yet some do hit this mark, but while this ingredient is extremely effective sleep component due to the ability to cross the blood brain barrier and it is highly addictive (read below for more information). 1g Mucuna Pruriens is velvet bean extract, which is great at reducing stress. 1g GABA! a relaxant that is very potent and effective. 1g Arginine which helps with reducing stress as well, does increase vasodilation and helps aid in recovery. 750mg Phenylalanine which helps increase dopamine promoting more relaxation. 600mg Valerian Root and 500 mg Theanine both found in tea, and used for its calm relaxation effects. 5mg Melatonin which is a staple for me when I am not reviewing a sleep aid product, but it will make you fall to sleep more easily (most people at least). 150mg Magnesium Citrate which is part of the ZMA ingredients found here, yet it isn't fully dosed compared to other ZMA products yet those products don't have this profile! This profile is very well rounded for a sleep and recovery product, and the dosages are really amazing. 7.5g serving size with no dyes wraps this profile up (plus a few miscellaneous vitamins). For a more in depth ingredient break down check the link below from Mike at PricePlow: https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/redcon1/fade-out

Taste + Mixability + Dosing
I received Orange for the flavor, and at first I was not enjoying it by any means.. but it grew on me! I did enjoy it for the 2/3's of the container, while it had a sticky taste if you took a dry shot and it bit gritty when mixed in water. Mixability was good though, with little to no sediment. I started off at 3/4 serving measured out, but eventually went to 1/2 a serving which proved to be my sweet spot. I had taken this product about 3/7 days a week, as I was trying to cycle it enough to not have any side effects.

Effectiveness 9.6/10
By far the most effective sleep aid I have ever taken! Working 12 hour shifts at a hospital can really wear you out along with your body, as time to time you will be 7-8 hours into a shift when you realize that you have yet to go to the restroom because you have been that busy! I know all my fellow nursing/medical workers can tell you all about that, and thus your body is put into a little more stress especially when you are on your feet all day. So nonetheless I have come home very worn out, but not always have I been able to fall asleep. There are many distractions that cause some of this, which can be using my phone or watching T.V. before bed. I have been working at developing better bed time habits in which I get rid of those devices or limit the use. I normally will take a 5mg Melatonin Sublingual Tab before bed, and in 20-30 minutes I start to get sleepy. I can fight this feeling and stay on my phone watching something, but eventually it can wear off if not asleep soon enough.

When I review a sleep aid I will discontinue the use of the Melatonin and take the sleep aid 30 minutes before bed. But once I started to realize I was starting to fall asleep within 15-20 minutes while using Fade Out, so I had to take it closer to bed time! I have had issues with Phenubit which I would have grogginess, but that was never the case with this product surprisingly. My guess is that this product is more pure, or those products had a lot of other crap not listed. For the greatest duration I was dosing it as 1/2 a serving, which gave me enough power to knock me out and allowing me to have the product last longer. I was also fearful that I would build up the Phenubit in my system as I had with Finaflex G8 and have a hangover for 2 days.. That never happened fortunately. At each time I took this product it would only be 3-4 times a week, and I normally would sleep for 6-8 hours but definitely could sleep longer. On my days off that I used Fade Out I would sleep closer to 9 hours which is plenty for me. I am so used to only sleeping 6-7 hours a night currently, and while using this product I would still sleep that amount of time but would wake up more refreshed. Ultimately this product was perfect in getting me to fall asleep faster, allowing me to stay asleep, waking up feeling very rested!

But be warned, this sleep aid is a strong one that you should really take slowly and with enough time to sleep! I felt more rested in the morning with the lower dosages, more recovered from working out and general fatigue, and noticed some leaning out with hardening of my physique which would indicate an increase in HGH production as studies show for some of these ingredients. I did have some hard times with this product, but keeping the usage and dosing to a lower amount made this the most potent sleep aid I have taken and would definitely keep it for those difficult nights where I can not fall asleep!

Side Effects
Phenubit, it is a love and hate relationship for me.. And with this product it proved to be VERY addictive for me. At first and like most sleep aids I have reviewed, during the product I felt that it really wasn't addictive and there was a couple days after finishing the product at which I wouldn't sleep well.. But here I had partial insomnia when I didn't take this product, and not just after the completion but rather the days in between not taking it! Which would make me want to take it even more, thus giving a greater addiction. It took me a good week with no sleep aids including not Melatonin (wasn't necessary), which I had withdraws from it fairly bad. It was more difficult than any other product I had reviewed, and I was even using it at less than 1 serving most of the time.

Value 9.4/10
This product comes in a 30 serving tub, and I was able to find it regularly priced at $35 on suppz.com or $38 on Lockout yet Priceplow did have a 5% off coupon code which brought down the price to $33.24. At any of these prices I feel the value is exceptional! For the price of $35 at 30 servings it costs $1.16 per serving, but if you take 1/2 a serving as I was doing it would bring the cost per serving down to $0.58! The ingredients and the dosages are worth every penny, and are greater than most sleep aids on the market.

Ratings (Just FYI)
I always rate my products the best way I can, and in terms of the overall score I typically calculate it best on the total from Effectiveness + Value. However, in a case which a product has side effects such as this one I will reduce the overall score to compensate. I look at the Overall rating as being the Recommendation value, in which is greatly and typically only influenced as mention above yet as this case it was reduced as best I could determine.

Conclusion 9/10
Wow, this product gives you a 1 hit knock out! I am really pleased and very impressed on how well this product worked, the value of the product is very great! The only issue with it was the side effects, which even at a lower dosage I still experienced. I can highly recommend this product to anyone having trouble sleeping, and if Melatonin alone isn't enough to get you sleeping. In addition I can recommend it for the better and improved sleep experienced, plus the fact that I did feel more recovered overall. Thank you Redcon1 and especially Aaron Singerman for allowing me the opputunity to review this product, and for it kicking my ass!

zzzzzzzzz....
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Grogginess
  • Great Value
  • Better Recovery
  • More Well Rested
  • Deeper Sleep
  • Fall Asleep Faster
  • Fully Transparent
  • No Dyes
  • Amazing Dosages
  • Excellent Profile
  • Addictive
  • Withdraws

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
(Thanks to Sparta Nutrition for sending it out!)
Alright you swashbuckler's, this is bananas.. BANANAS! I had a good week long stimulant break before working on this review, and that goes with my 3-4 day training split meaning I am not on stimulants for my off days.. So tolerance isn't as bad as it once was, which is a vast improvement! I would normally pass on this company, because they are known for their SARM/Pro Hormone type products.. But then this hit Stack3d, and following Priceplow which just made me want it more.. I have been in a cutting diet and routine here lately, in fact I am down 22lbs and still dropping! Because I am not relying on stimulants I felt this product probably more effectively than I would have if my tolerance was higher.

Supplement Facts
This is the whole reason I wanted to review this product, and I even had emailed them to find out if I could do a review for it. Starting off we have Citrulline NOT CM, which is dosed at 4g meaning it is about the same amount of 6g CM (2:1 ratio). I always feel the effects of CM better than Citrulline, but this is a solid dose. Beta Alainine is given at 3.2g, but in the patented form CarnoSyn which is always more potent (very NICE - Borat). Forget Glycerol Monosterate... We have 2 solid grams of Hydromax, which compared to GMS is over 45% more potent as GMS typically only contains 20% and Hydromax is 65%! Taurine is 1g, and while I am not fully sure on how well this interacts with BA due to competing for similar receptors.. I am happy to have it in here due to the benefits of Pump and Endurance. There weren't done with the pump just yet, because they also added 1g Agmatine Sulfate. Lastly they included a pump extender Norvaline at 100mg, which brings a solid profile to a close on Pump + Endurance Ingredients. ok ok, are we there yet? These ingredients up to this point are already better dosed than a lot of Pre Workout OR Pump products on the market, and then we have even more ingredients that work synergistically to kick even more BOOTY (errghh). NALT (500mg) + Eria Jarensis Extract (250mg) + Caffeine (200mg), DMHA (200mg), with the exception of the Caffeine these are excellent dosages but of course I would love more NALT. One comment on the Caffeine, Sparta told Priceplow

"One major comment in regards to why we only put 200mg of caffeine: 200mg is a moderate dose of caffeine instead of 300-400mg because of the doses of Eria, DMHA, NALT, and B12 we put in - all beyond any major competitor we could find. We could've saturated it with caffeine which is so cheap, however there was no need as it'd just detract from the overall balance."

For more information covering the ingredients in depth, please read the following link on PricePlow: https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/sparta-nutrition/kraken

Taste + Mixability + Dosing
Sex on the beach, who wouldn't want that?! Well I bet it isn't as great as it sounds due to the sand.. And if you like peaches + sand, Sparta will be right up your alley! It is of course bitter from the Citrulline and Stimulants, but I feel they did a better job than similar products in covering it up. It does have a gritty texture to it, but tolerable. Mixability is good enough, some sediment as you will need to shake or swirl it. Dosing for me was only and ALWAYS 1 full serving measured out, as I didn't feel a need to go beyond that. All in all it really did feel like sex on the beach, you know with a peach bottomed girl and the taste of sand ;)

Effectiveness 9.5/10 (Averaged)
Using this product was a surprise for me, as I didn't expect as much as I got. I only ran this at 1 serving as the stimulant effect was so strong I didn't feel it to be any more beneficial to take more. I also didn't want to null or lessen the effects by taking any less, as the was performing just right.

Focus 9.5/10
How can it be that the big four gave such an amazing ride? From the first 15 minutes of drinking it on the way to the gym I could feel the focus starting to come in, and it wasn't until my first set or so (30 minutes) before it reached max effectiveness. It was like a freight train coming my way.. Yeah tunnel focus was very good at this level, but I feel the mind to muscle connection was even more noticeable as I continued use of this product. There wasn't much of a crash issue either, which is typically what has happened to my with other DMHA products and leading into an anxiety stricken feeling. I felt the focus throughout most of the workout being above a 8, but starting from a 9.5 which was just what I needed to get going with less carbs in my diet. As the Rock would say.. FOCUS!

Energy + Endurance 9.6/10
I debated on how to keep the energy aspect from being tied with Endurance, but they work so well together here. As the stimulants worked their magic and my HR would increase, the Energy perceived was a potent effect. I literally felt like going harder or longer (that's what she said..), as the energizer bunny would with little decrease in the energy level while at the gym. Endurance was great, as the N.O. Pump allows for a better supply of nutrients ala blood flow, in addition to the Taurine + Beta Alanine hitting it at the same time. I could tell there was a difference in my endurance while running this product, as I noticed going past my typical rep counts for many exercises.

Pump 9.2/10
Lastly there is pump... PUMP CITY! I haven't felt such a great pump from a pre workout that wasn't specifically meant for pump! The formulation takes many aspects to deliver stronger and harder muscles (yeah baby!), aka fullness alpha aspect! Think of being the Alpha Guerilla with the Pumped Out chest and arms, as the focus contributed to this mindset for me (I am not the DB walking around mind you). I had excellent results with CN3, and other forms of nitrates from other products in the past, but I really enjoyed the effectiveness in Kraken.

Value 8.5/10
I was able to find this online for $32.89 at 20 servings costing $1.65 per serving. Being this is a newer product I would assume it may have a better price point down the line, or the eventual sales.. but with the patented ingredients and profile, you really can't go wrong! Maybe add some of your own creatine when you take it or even post and you will be set.

Side Effects
I typically only note side effects when they are present, but I wanted to note that even while this has DMHA I was pleasantly surprised that I did not have any anxiety issues while using this product. I would say that if you take too much, you will probably have heart rate issues as I was feeling my HR increase even with just 1 serving.

Conclusion 9/10
I am pleasantly surprised partially, yet it was as great as expected.. maybe a little bit more! I had my doubts about the caffeine only being 200mg which is close to half the amount of other products, but the synergistic combination of stimulants brought this home. I find myself wishing I had gotten the sour gummy flavor, but a little sex on the beach hit the spot. Thank you SPARTA!!!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Intense Focus
  • Clinically Dosed
  • Patented Ingredients
  • Great Flavor
  • Fully Transparent
  • Excellent Endurance
  • Powerful Pumps
  • Amazing Energy
  • A Bit Expensive
  • No Creatine

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
(Thanks to Nutrex for sending it out!)
Supplement Facts
Being a big fan of the previous Nutrex Outlift I was eagerly looking forward to reviewing this product, while they have become a big Clinically dosed company in recent years. When they announced the new Amped version I was interested in what exactly was to be change, but in short "basically removed the pre-workout's 6g of 2:1:1 BCAAs and replaced them with a handful of performance, energy, and focus ingredients." Taking BCAAs before working out can enhance your performance, and as below I have compared my experience of the two formulas in terms of effectiveness. I don't need to break the label down completely, but some highlights that I like are: Clinical and Efficient dosages, the combination of stimulants prove to be effective yet can be used with less of a serving if stimulant sensitive. That is basically it, there is nothing really unique about this formula other than they are high Clinical dosages which makes it a potent product.

Taste + Mixability + Dosing
I loved the flavors available for the previous version, but unfortunately the only flavor available currently is Peach Pineapple. I have never been a fan of Pineapple flavor, but it was surprisingly good and tasty! Mixability is rather good, especially concerning the larger serving size of 22.3g which is less than the original version. There was some sediment if you let it sit too long, but I didn't have a problem finishing it. Dosing was started at 1 serving which I never went over, but I did try around 3/4 serving a few times.

Effectiveness 8.3/10
The first time I ran the previous version I was just amazed, being I had came from a stimulant break and it just seemed to hit the spot. So when I received this one I gave it a week off all stimulants, just to give it the best chance to perform. Starting on the first day at 1 full serving I was set on energy in the gym, with some decent focus yet nothing surprising. It did allow me to work past the routine that I had intended for the day, giving me more endurance for a few more sets and other exercises. Pump was good as I always respond well to 8g Citrulline Malate, where it was fullness but not skin ripping feeling. At this point I had to decide if I wanted to go up on the serving amount, but decided not to due to the CM dosage. For those who don't know, CM will give you gastric distress if taking too much at once which I have experienced many times but I am good with just 8g. I ran 1 serving each time for the majority of the container, with a few days that I have taken 3/4 serving due to being after work or later in the day. Of which performed less than mentioned above, but enough to get a decent workout in. Overall I was not terribly impressed with the performance of this product, where I would rate: Pump 8/10, energy 8.5/10, endurance 8.7/10, and focus 8.2/10. What really surprised me about the performance is that the 750mg NALT wasn't as potent as it once was, and the fact that this was meant to be the more potent formula.. lackluster would be the word to describe it.

Value 7.4/10
While I do believe these ingredients and dosages are really good, the price doesn't warrant good value. Online you can find this for around $48 with only 20 servings ($2.40 per serving), which the previous formula is easily found for $35 at 20 servings ($1.75 per serving). Being in my experience I found the previous version to be more effective I would see no reason to purchase this version at this cost.

Conclusion 7.9/10
Based on my experience with this formulation along with the previous one, I can honestly say that this product did not perform as well. Therefor I would not recommend it completely, as long as the previous one is being made. While it was effective and gives natural competing users (aka non DMAA/DMHA/Amp C), there are many other products out there which are clinically dosed as this one but have a much better value.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clinical Doses
  • No Prop Blends
  • Good Pump
  • Great Energy
  • Good Focus
  • More Expensive Than Obama Care

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
(Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for sending it out!)
Supplement Facts
Sleep aids are a product I like to have on the shelf for those restless nights, or those days when you need a good night of rest. Typically I take Melatonin 5mg each night, unless I am reviewing a sleep aid. Before starting this supplement I was using on and off another sleep aid which is the basis of comparison for this review along with the several products I have reviewed here on SR. This is a combination of ZMA + Additional sleep aid components, which you have a standard dose of ZMA. Next up is Phenibut at 1g, this is huge! This is the stuff that will give you habit formation, along with width drawl symptoms.. Ashwagandha at 200mg which is a good dose, but 400mg is better. Nelumbo nucifera at 150mg which is used for its anti-depressant and sedative effects, but it seems the dosage is a bit short of the 225mg dose. L-Tryptophan 100mg which again is short along with Phosphatidylserine 20% 50mg again under dosed. All in all this product is under dosed with the exception of the ZMA + Phenibut, yet if you use more than one serving you will be hitting too much of those dosages while meeting the dosages of the later ingredients. I also am a bit confused as the serving size is 6.9g, yet the ingredients don't come up to anything near 1/3 of that making this product mostly filler/flavoring. Also the ingredients aren't nearly as well formulated compared to many different products on the market. On a positive note I will say it is fully disclosed and it isn't terribly under dosed, with the addition of some unique ingredients for a unique formula.

A bit more information about Phenibut from another one of my reviews: "For those not familiar with Phenibut, it is habit forming with withdrawal symptoms and psychosis. In other countries it is prescribed, and is given to those with mental health issues. Of course Phenibut is very strong, and when dosed correctly + taken correctly you can yield effective results without the need of prescription meds which could cause even more issues."

Taste + Mixability + Dosing
The flavor I received and requested was Lemonade, which was awesome! A bit gritty due to the issues with Mixability, which had some sediment but I was able to swirl and drink it with no issues. Dosing was 1/2 serving - 1 serving, with never needing to go over 1.

Effectiveness 8.5/10
On the first night of dosing outbreak gave to me... I started off with 1/2 serving due to not knowing how potent 1g of Phenibut would be, due to most companies using Proprietary Blends for it in the past. With only 1 serving I was able to notice a better sleep, where I felt more rested. I woke up a few times before getting up, but I was able to fall back to sleep with ease. I went up to 1 full scoop the next night and yet had similar results, but found that my quality of sleep was improved yet I didn't sleep any longer or fall to sleep sooner. When taking this consecutively for several days I started to become more groggy in the mornings, which felt rather strong and hard to shake off. I eventually would cease taking the product once this happened for a short time, and reduce the dosing at the start. The most noticeable difference between taking 1/2 a serving and 1 serving was that it would help me fall asleep sooner and kept me knocked out longer even though it wouldn't be much longer. The opposite end to 1 serving was the development of grogginess, yet when I had tried 2/3 serving it would not be as noticeable of a change. Ultimately I would only use it when I had to work and couldn't sleep, which was 2-4 times a week. I did notice some increased recovery, but nothing ground breaking as I have previously with other products. I do figure that my increased deep sleep was helpful in the recovery, which this product certainly met.

Value 7.5/10
When looking at the value you need to consider the dosing amount, because if you only need 1/2 a serving you will be saving much more thus giving it a better value. You are able to find this for $35 at 30 servings costing $1.16 per serving, which is a bit high based on the ingredients but if you only need 1/2 a serving it would be better. I feel there are better products online at a better value, or the ingredients are better dosed thus giving better overall value than this product.

Side Effects
The biggest drawback with this product was the withdraws faced after finishing this product! I have never faced this issue in all the sleep aids I have used, of which used Phenibut. In addition to this is the grogginess I would feel it taking too much at a time OR if consecutively used more than a few days in a row. Lastly tolerance was an issue, being I built some tolerance while reviewing this and thus needed more than the dosing followed.

Conclusion 8/10
Refuge? Did this product help me take Refuge from the stormy weather when dealing with my sleep? Yes! Were the side effects too severe? Yes I believe so, but not as bad as Finaflex G8. Overall I have to think if I would recommend this product, and I would but with caution. This product does work, but there are better well formulated and effective products on the market which I have experienced less side effects and cost is similar.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Unique Potent Formula
  • Deeper Rest
  • Fall To Sleep Sooner
  • Withdraws
  • Grogginess
  • Tolerance Build Up
  • Habit Forming

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
(Thanks to APS for sending it out!)
Supplement Facts
Mesomorph, this is the real deal! I compared this to Noxipro (Amp C version) throughout my usage, which in comparison is similar in effectiveness and strength! This was actually the first DMAA product that I had taken, while it was sometime last year it was clear the dreaded crash that I had faced with Amp C was not existent nor was the anxiety faced in addition to DMHA. Purity, well dosed, patented ingredients! The negative to this product is the proprietary blends and the less than clinical dosages. I wont break down the label completely, but the blends with the ingredients do not allow for Clinical dosages in dosages given. For a complete breakdown I would refer you to Gdolce42's review, which he did an excellent job or priceplow via the link below. I will note that priceplow established a few dosages which were unknown: 3.2g beta alanine, 300mg Vitamin C, 1.3g Glucuronolactone, and 65mg DMAA. With the close ties that priceplow has with Hi-Tech I am surprised more dosages weren't given like caffeine, yet obviously they aren't wanting a fully disclosed label so it makes sense.

Taste Mixability Dosing
You really can't get better flavoring than here, yeah the flavor I received for this review was Tutti Frutti and previously tried Rocket Pop. Both flavors are excellent and taste just as the names elude to, but Rocket Pop was by far the better one. Mixability was fine with minimal foaming and residue in the shaker, in fact I would say it mixed better than other products yet they typically contain more citruline or hydromax etc. Dosing for me was varied by starting off at 1 serving and going up to 1.5 servings verified by gram weight.

Effectiveness 9.2/10
In my experience with DMAA/DMHA/Amp C products there is a unfortunate tolerance build up, which just like Noxipro the product performed amazingly when the usage was spread out (ie a week between usage). Starting off with 1 serving the first time was like magic, something you never thought possible. The focus was the most noticeable effect from the start, as it was literally like having tunnel vision. When the endurance mattered it was there with no issues. Energy was great, and so was pump while it felt a bit lacking. As I continued to use it in the first week at 1 serving with consecutive days, I felt the focus to be more diminished each day and everything else remained the same. At this point I would rate it 8.9/10 being taken consecutively at 1 serving. Four days went by before I ran this again, and this time at 1.5 servings which proved to be potent like the first dosing. Notable this time was increased pump and endurance, but not an over whelming amount. At this dosage I would rate it at 9.4, yet I wasn't using it connectively. In the end throughout all the usage I felt the tolerance build up was as expected in terms of focus, but still effective thus rating was adjusted and averaged to reflect it.

Value 8.2/10
Unless you find this product on sale or at a discount by purchasing 2 etc, you can find this product for $34.95 at 25 servings providing a $1.40 cost per serving.. This is a good value given you are not dosing more than one serving, but if you are needing 1.5-2 servings it is a less than stellar value. Currently on the market you will find so many DMAA + DMHA products, which receive a better value based on their profiles and typically only needing 1 serving. Not a horrible value for the quality and serving amount.

Overall 8.8/10
In short I would recommend this product entirely! It is manufactured by one of the leading supplement companies, and therefor I have no doubts it contains what is on the label with no trickery. If you are keeping this on the shelf for when you really don't feel like heading to the gym, buy it! Noxipro was great when I had taken it, but I would recommend this over that based on dosage size alone. Word of caution: This contains DMAA, and if you compete in Natural shows it is banned.. Thank you APS and Hi-Tech for your participation with SupplementReviews.com and I hope to see you guys on here more.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Intense Focus
  • Good Pump
  • Great Endurance
  • Excellent Taste
  • Powerful Fomula
  • Proprietary Blend
  • Tolerance Build Up
  • Value

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
(Thanks to MuscleForce for sending it out!)
Introduction + Supplement Facts
I have written this review previously, but then the computer messed up and I wasn't able to save in time.. So here we go for round two! I am always happy to take a stimulant break, which I normally get to do around 6-8 weeks. Of course my usage for stimulants is only on workout days, so there isn't really too much build up on tolerance. That being said I wanted to review this product due to their "Nootropic" enhanced Pump product, which there isn't much of a Nootropic effect in terms of dosage.. When comparing the dosing of the Nootropic ingredients vs actual pre workouts, the dosage here doesn't compare. Yet if you were to compare it to encapsulated products such as Nootropic's, the dosage is medium to best. Regarding the pump ingredient dosages, I feel they are very solid at 1 serving! The profile works very well for a added boost to any Pre Workout, yet may leave you desiring more if taken alone. It does compare on the high end vs other non carbohydrate pump products, very nicely. No Dyes + Fully Disclosed Label makes me happy.

Taste + Mixability + Dosing
Blue Raspberry was my flavor, and well it was very sweet! Not my favorite, but the texture had more to do with that. The texture was gritty like sand, but bearable if you didn't get it stuck to your teeth. Mixability was ok, but nothing spectacular. As noted by the rep, this product was Clumpy.. Yeah it was like scooping dry cool whip, if you can relate. They said this issue was already corrected, but of course I can only comment on what we had. Dosing was typically 1 serving to 2 servings, all with enough water to get it down or straight to the dome.

Effectiveness 8.4/10
Right off the bat I measured the best I could, and even at a fully rounded HEAPING scoop it wasn't what the label claimed.. Obviously this was due to the absorption which made this product CLUMP CITY. I then just weighed it out in a shaker cup.. Starting off with 1 serving I felt great focus which I would have rated at 7.8/10, which didn't last too long but rather halfway through the workout. When I later tried 1.5 servings the focus got somewhat noticeably stronger 8.2/10, but not by much. Lastly I tried this at a full 2 servings which left me much happier with the focus aspect 8.8/10, yet it wasn't very consistent throughout the container. With 1 serving the pump was good to go 8.4/10, but I wanted to see where 2 servings would get me.. 2 servings had my like "WOAH", yeah it was good and about 9/10 but only at 2 servings.. throughout the container I felt the focus was rather inconsistent, which I would speculate the mixture of the ingredients may have been poor due to the clumping. But the pump was there all the way each time, and I would assume that the Hydromax causing the clumping worked like Carbs do as those molecules were much larger thus causing noticeable vasodilation. I wouldn't rate this as my top pump product at one serving, but if it was compared vs the two servings I would probally rank it #2 or #3! I was satisfied with the product enough at 1 serving for pump, but not for focus.

Value 6/10
Online this is only sold directly through the company, which makes the cost higher than it would at other online merchants. That being said it is $45 for 30 servings costing $1.50 per serving.. And this isn't even a complete Pre Workout! Way too expensive, even based on the quality ingredients and effectiveness..

Overall Conclusion
This vs pop tarts? Both provide a good pump, but one is much cheaper and more fulfilling.. Bring the price down, bump up the Nootropics or take them out, fix the clumps (as they said they have), and then this product would be more recommendable.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pumps
  • No Dyes
  • Nootropic Enhanced
  • Nootopics Inconsistant

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
(Thanks to NorthBound Nutrition for sending it out!)
Introduction + Supplement Facts
Hello everyone, I am back with the third and final chapter of reviewing Northbound Nutrition and their currently three products! All of these products are unique with the formulations, no dyes, natural tastes, and really well done profiles. Starting off with their 8g Instant Aminos, which are obviously well dosed at 2:1:1 and being instant they get into the blood stream more quickly thus giving you enhanced recovery or great energy more quickly along with better absorption. 2g of Organic Coconut Water Powder, amazing dosage here! Recovery, electrolytes etc. 2g of Taurine for better recovery, energy. Their Spectra Blend added to this product, like their others. 1.5g of Tyrosine, which is their "Focus Blend" and I am not too sure why they would add this in their recovery product.. Bioperine, again absorption. All in all I like this formula, and it is great on dosages! 20 servings at this formula is a better value than 30 servings of a lesser formula with these ingredients. Check out the Mike's breakdown of the ingredients on PricePlow for more information: https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/northbound-bcaa2

Edit: They have this product marketed as a Intra Product, thus making the Tyrosine be a continuation of their focus which is great if you don't run this Post Workout.

Taste + Mixability + Dosing
No Dyes or Artificial Flavors.. Never a good thing on the taste note for my experience, while the flavor for this product was better than their other two I wouldn't drink it like rich "Just For The Taste". Citrus flavor for sure, and tolerable compared to the others. The mixability was better than their other products also, as it contains Instant Aminos yet there is a little sediment due to the coconut water I believe yet nothing to really worry about with a shake of swirl you are good to go. Dosing was done Intra and Post, with 20 servings I was happy with this routine. I did however have this product on the days I was off as well. Again as mentioned in my Re-Peak review, I had to cycle this product for AFTER Re-Peak which means I didn't run these two together.

Effectiveness 8.7/10
First off this supplement is more than your typical BCAA product, as it contains the extras that normally you have to pay for and these premium ingredients.. but we get them in addition! I could tell when taking this intra workout that my endurance was better and that I remained more hydrated during and after my workouts. When it comes to recovery you can't beat the 2:1:1 BCAA, except when you make it 8g and then add Coconut and Taurine on top of it! Definitely enhanced recovery with the typical reduced DOMS, and ready to workout those muscles sooner rather than later (protein synthesis or building). With the Taurine I had noticed a small spike of energy in addition to the BCAA depending on consumption, along with some endurance grouped with the electrolytes. Endurance + Energy is an aspect that is tied to the overall synergistic effects for this profile, which was good at keeping you going for the workout. Recovery is the main reason that I wanted this product, and surely enough this was the most effective compensate of it. This did deliver completely in the claims, where DOMS were diminished and overall recovery felt more enhanced compared to not taking a recovery supplement/aid.

Claims:
Increases Strength and Endurance
-Not necessarily on the strength, but endurance was a yes.

Increases Power Output
-Not really

Provides Intense Focus
-It did give a good focus, not really Intense especially if consumed without a pre workout or after a workout.

Produces Powerful Pumps
-While there were some pumps, I wouldn't call it powerful.

Value 8.4/10
Simple here, 20 servings at $1.40 per serving.. You only need 1 serving, hell you could run it at half and it compare to other products on the market still. For this profile + Dosing you would expect for double the cost, yet it was comparable IMO.

Conclusion 8.6/10
I am impressed by this product and company in general! Seriously, what company can release these profiles and their dosages at these prices? The flavors need work simply put, while BCAA2 is better it isn't very enjoyable to me. I am excited to see what this company releases in the future, as these are solid products! Thank you Northbound for giving me the trifecta with all these products. Bottom Line is if you like all natural products, and you want an effective recovery product then look no further!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Focus
  • Helps With Recovery
  • Increases Hydration
  • Taste Not For Everyone Being Natural

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
(Thanks to NorthBound Nutrition for sending it out!)
Introduction + Supplement Facts
I was fortunate enough to try the three products that Northbound has, while 2 of them are really a recovery product I had to cycle those independently and then there is this bad boy! In the 27.3g serving you get so many ingredients all at Clinical or Efficient dosing. The major four are all Clinical Dosing: Citrulline Malate, Beta Alanine (4g), Betaine, and Creatine at an odd 3.2g yet enough to be Clinical. Pine Bark and Grape Seed Extract for pumps + anti oxidant support along with their Spectra Blend. Tyrosine at 1.5g which is a solid dose, Organic Caffeine from Green Coffee Beans (Not sure the yield), AlphaSize at 300mg and 5mg BioPerine. No dyes, no artificial flavors, contains beet powder so along with flavor + color it could provide more pump, 20 servings is the same as most products that are fully dosed. I liked this profile, and below you will see how well it worked.

Taste + Mixability + Dosing
Right off the bat, this stuff tastes nasty.. Each time I am presented with a natural supplement I am reminded how I would rather risk the cancer and other issues associated with artificial flavors and dyes.. yep that bad, yet the other product I had was worse from them in taste.. Mixability is as good as it will be, because of the massive ingredients and the dosing with some sediment. Dosing was only really needed at 1 serving, and due to the dosage of Citrulline I really didn't want to take more than the 8g.

Effectiveness 8.4/10
So let's work on declaring what claims were met or how well they were:
"Provides Smooth Energy/Intense Focus" without a doubt and solid each time without any deviation for energy, while I will say that the focus wasn't very strong and I feel the formulation could benefit with some other type of stimulants.

"Increases Power Output" being that I am a 'regular supplement user' (saying it lightly) I will say while I didn't necessarily feel an increase overall (PR's etc) I didn't notice a decrease either, while a product that is clinically dosed in these ingredients there wasn't a noticeable decrease.

"Helps Produce Lean Mass Growth" while taking Pinnacle I was more on a cutting phase with a deficit in calories but I will say that I was able to work harder and last longer (that's what she said) in and outside the gym, which was very noticeable and I did notice larger fullness in my muscles overall which goes to show that 3.2g Creatine Mono as a maintenance works for me.

"Increased Endurance + Pumps" yes sir! This was something that works so well due to the 8g Citrulline Malate! It definitely is more substancle when compared to 6g in my experience, and I haven't met anyone who doesn't notice/see this benefit either. Endurance was great too, 4g Beta Alanine does wonders and seems even better at the acid buffering than even the 3.29.

Value 8.2/10
These newer companies are known to be more expensive than the norm, but they are bringing better dosed product than those as well. "With big profiles, come bigger costs", with 20 servings going for $37 and $1.84 a serving. This is dosed well enough that I feel you are getting what you pay for, yet of course it is on the higher side of pricing. They also offer a 100% Money Back Guarantee, so that should get you with wanting to spend the money.

Conclusion 8.3/10
This product works, and it works, and it works. It is being noticed around the block at Stack3d and Price Plow, and for good reason.. Their profile is legit! Thank you Northbound again for allowing me to review your product.
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Clinical Dosages
  • Solid Pumps
  • Strengthening
  • 100% Money Back Guarantee
  • A Little On The Pricey Side
  • Nasty Tasting

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
(Thanks to Giant Sports International for sending it out!)
Introduction + Supplement Facts
After the great success of using CN3 a pump product, I was expecting this to out perform it.. In short, "It's Complicated". Giant Sports has a few different products which allows you to make your own Pre Workout, but the difference here is the quality and purity hence the patented ingredients. In short this profile is very well dosed, and as mentioned contains patented ingredients. Being this profile is packed into 40 servings it provides effective dosages based upon your diet and weight, which affect how much you need or how well you respond to it. The only thing I would really change would be the Vitamin C being a higher dosage, add some creatine, and the Beet Juice Powder being disclosed (which it is probably so small that it doesn't attribute to much other than color). Natural Flavors, Dye Free, 40 Whopping Servings, Patented Ingredients, Efficient Dosing!

Taste + Mixability + Dosing
Chalky Chalky Sticky!@! This is the nature of this profile, and as the Hydromax absorbs the water. The flavor was really sweet, which was good but ultimately I would get it unflavored if I had a chance to redo or purchase it in the future. Mixability was cloudy with a chance of meatballs.. err it had sediment, but it worked with a bit of a swirl. Dosing was done from 1 serving to 2 and up to 2.5, but as described below I was just testing the waters on the 2.5 serving dose..

Effectiveness 8.5/10
I tried this product in several different ways: alone with no other products, with Pre-Workouts containing little to no pump ingredients, with Pre-Workouts containing pump ingredients, and with carbs and/or BCAA's as intra workout. In each of these trails I found it to be effective, but the most effective being with a Pre-Workout containing other Pump ingredients although coming in second with most complimentary effectiveness was Carbs and BCAA's. I have been on a Pre-Workout regimen with more carbs, which has helped me with my vasodilation. "For those who don't know, the molecules of Carbs are larger in size which causes the increase of your veins giving the appearance of vascularity." Why is this important? The fact that increased blood flow allowing you to have the "fuel" aka oxygen readily available with those lifts, along with giving that area of muscle fibers more nutrients. This does give you a greater pump in those muscles, which coupled to the Nitrates + Hydromax in Giant Pump giving vasodilation due to an increase in NO production allowed me to reach a greater Pump. I did notice a very slight increase in strength due to the great blood flow, as you would in a car that has clean fuel lines or brand new (opening the pipes mind you). That being said I feel this is a product that you stack with other Pre Workouts products to aid the pump/strength. Now this product is meant for training days, due to the short lived nature of the Nitrates so no need to take if on your off days unless you just want to show off (yet it could be slightly beneficial to your recovery). One of the better Pump products, which is why I rated it as so.

Value 8.6/10
Wow Lockout is showing this for $40! That is just $0.57 per serving, which is totally acceptable for being a Add On product! If you are taking it alone, you will have a bad time because you will be eating two-three servings. Ultimately if you are taking with something already containing pump ingredients, then you would be set.

Conclusion 8.5/10
If you haven't tried taking a Pump only product for yourself, then you are missing out! They provide a great break from stimulants, keep a good solid pump allowing for better blood flow in the use of recovery, and they help fix those Pre Workouts that lacking in the pump profile. I would highly recommend Giant Pump just as I did recommend CN3! Thank you Giant Sports for putting your products where our mouths are!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pump
  • Vascularity
  • Swole Effect
  • Great Value
  • Aided Some In Recovery
  • Sticky Texture
  • Chalky

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
(Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!)
Introduction & Supplement Facts
Introduction & Supplement Facts
NutraBio is becoming better and better, raising the bars on many levels especially when it comes to their protein powder(s). They really have outdone their selves yet again, where they have formulated a Quick and Extended protein blend that is of course FULLY DISCLOSED! 25g of protein broken down to 14.3 Isolate 10.7 Casein (yielding amounts), which give a great quick absorbing protein and extended which would be well suited post workout or really anytime. Of course I would go for Isolate for post workout strictly, but cost may be more of a factor. In the 29.9g serving size you have 25g protein providing 83.6% protein per serving which is way above the back when it comes to blends! Overall you really couldn't ask for a better blended protein powder.

Taste + Mixability + Dosing
Lets get the tasting out of the way, because it is the least desirable aspect of this product but that is a good thing! Only 721mg of flavoring is contained out of 29.9g total per serving weight, this is less than 4%! The Strawberry and Horracha flavor both are very mild or more weak than any protein product I have had before, but that just means that there is less crap in the way of you getting you nutritional needs! This stuff does mix fairly well for protein, didn't seem to do as well with cold water but will work perfectly with room temp water at which you can add some ice in afterwards. I simply dosed this based on my dieting needs, which would be smaller than a scoop at time and all the way up to 2 scoops.

Effectiveness 9/10
As previously noted "Just as the resident geriatric laval said "PWO products are without a doubt one of the most popular, and perhaps easiest, supplements to review. Why? Because we judge them primarily on their ergogenic effect and how they make us feel" which is to say that Protein Powders still can be felt in some ways, but isn't as noticeable compared to other supplements. Of course this did help me hit my macronutrient needs, no I did not feel any digestive issues or bloating, protein farts may not happen for everyone as it didn't for me either. I consumed this in my pancakes quite often, with sliced bananas sometimes which was great and allows the protein to be more readily absorbed. Taking this post workout can truly benefit you in recovery, because essentially you are consuming Amino Acids which is always equal to the protein content (25g in this case). Truly this powder didn't give me any issues, and only joy in life ;)" Adding to that I never had any digestive issues.

Value 8/10
NutraBio typically sells their stuff at the cheapest, but recently they started selling at other sites as well. I am not sure if they will be like other brands and have the product cost more from them than their retailers, but none the less you can pick it up for $40 giving you 30 servings or $1.33 cost per serving.. A bit expensive, but once you see that this is mostly isolate it is more justified.

Conclusion 8.5/10
NutraBio has provided another quality product that is well formulated, good value with great serving size and high protein content per serving. I would gladly recommend this protein to other, but ultimately I would like to see the cost come down more. Great product and trust worthy brand, thank you NutraBio for allowing me a chance to review yet another product.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • High-Quality Blend
  • FDA Inspected
  • Disclosed
  • Non-GMO
  • High Protein Per Serving
  • A Bit Expensive