kalans

• Member has been active for 3 years, and was last online today
  • Linked social media account

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by kalans

Thanks to Integrity Nutrition for sending it out!
---- Supplement Facts & Introduction ----
---- Supplement Facts & Introduction ----
With life being so busy at times it can be helpful to have a sleepaid on deck, but I don't need a prescription nor want to take pharmaceuticals.. So I turn to supplements, and for a good reason.. Effectiveness, without the damaging effects to our liver along with dosage control especially in powder form. There are many aspects that I like about this label: fully disclosed label, well formulated, efficient dosages, and not overloading the phenubit! L-Tryptophan is a unique and good addition, as I can't think of any products that particularly contain this ingredient let alone this great of a dosage. If you have read any of my other sleep aid reviews you will know my issue is the large amounts of phenubit due to it being habit forming and experiencing withdraws. The worst part of many products is the fact that they will hide the dosage in a proprietary blend, this includes the likes of Hi-Tech (shady behavior, but I won't rant here). 500mg of phenubit is a good maintenance dose, but it still is something to be considerate of due to tolerance build up also. Integrity has stated in a comment to another review "the addictive dose is 3g+ over the course of a month", which I disagree as I have become addicted (aka habit formed) with lower dosages of consistent usage. Lastly my container showed only 6mg of melatonin which is what the owner stated reducing from 10mg, which is good for me as I take 5mg per night when I am not reviewing a sleep aid. I like this formula as it isn't too strong on dosages where a user could get knocked out and wake up groggy, yet strong enough to allow for half dosing for beginners or those with fewer time to sleep.

---- Taste, Mixability, Dosing ----
Watermelon, really it has never been a great supplement flavor with this product not being an exception. It taste too artificial and sweet, but since I take it before going to bed I am able to brush my teeth soon after. Mixability is fine with no issues here. Dosing was done as indicated above for need or hours of sleep available, with that being 1/2 serving to 1 full serving.

Effectiveness (8.8/10)

Working 12 hour shifts at a hospital can really wear you out along with your body, as time to time you will be 7-8 hours into a shift when you realize that you have yet to go to the restroom because you have been that busy! I know all my fellow nursing/medical workers can tell you all about that, and thus your body is put into a little more stress especially when you are on your feet all day. So nonetheless I have come home very worn out, but not always have I been able to fall asleep. There are many distractions that cause some of this, which can be using my phone or watching T.V. before bed. I have been working at developing better bed time habits in which I get rid of those devices or limit the use. I normally will take a 5mg Melatonin Sublingual Tab before bed, and in 20-30 minutes I start to get sleepy. I can fight this feeling and stay on my phone watching something, but eventually it can wear off if not asleep soon enough. When I review a sleep aid I will discontinue the use of the Melatonin and take the sleep aid 30 minutes before bed.

I want to mention that sleep is severely important for our overall health, due to the fact this is the time when our bodies do not have to work as hard and recovers most readily. Being that we typically do not get a full amount of sleep, it is helpful to make the sleep the most effective in the short amount of time in order to get the greatest benefit from it. With the first time taking this I started out with a 1/2 serving, especailly since the serving gram dosage wasn't given. I found myself starting to fall asleep within 15-20 minutes while using it, for most of the container. Eventually I went up in the serving size to accommodate the tolerance build up, which was judged based on how well I would sleep by not sleeping as long or how I felt in the mornings. In my previous experience using FinaFlex G8 the build up of phenubit in my system caused me to have a hangover for 2 days.. Fortunately that never happened with KD, with most nights I was using it and I normally would sleep for 6-8 hours but definitely could sleep longer. On my days off that I used KD I would sleep closer to 9 hours which is plenty for me. I am used to only sleeping 6-7 hours a night, and while using this product I would still sleep that amount of time but would wake up more refreshed. Ultimately this product was perfect in getting me to fall asleep faster, allowing me to stay asleep, waking up feeling very rested!

Side Effects

As noted in previous sleep aid reviews, phenubit is very addictive.. I have experienced withdraws yet again while reviewing this product. I had partial insomnia when I didn't take this product, and not just after the completion but rather the days in between not taking it! Which would make me want to take it even more, thus giving a greater addiction. It took me a good week with no sleep aids including not Melatonin (wasn't necessary), which I had withdraws from it fairly bad. Other than that I also have had some groggy mornings, which is to be expected.

Value (8.4/10)

Surprisingly the cost on this product is actually cheap! Especially considering how well dosed it is and the servings. You can find it on their website for $30 at 30 servings giving you $1 per serving, and even more value is to be had if you use 1/2 a serving! I defiantly find the value of this product to be exceedingly well.

Overall (8.6/10)

I can recommend this product easily for it being well formulated and effective, yet the value is also good. It isn't in my top 5 sleep aids that I have reviewed, but it does have its pros. Don't expect it to be the strongest product ever, yet be cautious when taking it.

10x Review reminder: please update the status of Integrity Nutrition - Keep Dream-IN
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Deep Restful Sleep
  • Effective At Putting You Out
  • Great Value
  • Potency
  • Transparent Label
  • Fully Dosed
  • Hangover
  • Withdraws
  • Habbit Forming

Thanks to Savage Supplements for sending it out!
----Introduction & Supplement Facts----
----Introduction & Supplement Facts----
Siren, lures you into the cliffs.. Boy I heard this calling my name, and I am happy I was able to review it. In particular I am happy I was able to review it due to narrowing out how effective DMAA is verses what was on the market otherwise. Like most of those who are reading this review, I have taken plenty of preworkouts and some contained DMAA/DMHA/AMP C or other new stimulants. The point I am getting at is that I have been able to test and try many stimulants, and it isn't always about having the strongest stimulant but how well the ingredients work synergistically. Starting off we have 4 grams of citrulline malate 2 to 1 ratio which is under par compared to the majority of fully dosed products on the market, short by 2 grams or 4 grams if you are like me and require a full clinical dosed 8 gram serving. The second ingredient listed is beta alanine at 3 grams rather than the clinical dosage of 3.2 grams, which is a bummer but 200 milligrams probably does not make a whole lot of difference in the big scheme of things. Next is Betaine which is underdosed as well only containing 1.5 grams rather than the 2.5 grams for the clinical study. Agmatine sulfate is efficiently dosed at 1 gram, which is a great dosage but would be better at 1.5 grams. The next few ingredients are good and nothing I'll complain about (minus the very low dosage on beet root extract at 150 milligrams, which should be at 500 milligrams at least otherwise don't even included), and the NALT dosage is good at 600mg. Now we are getting to the interesting section of the ingredients, which we start off with 300 milligrams of caffeine and that is enough to get you going and yet competitive enough with the direction of the pre-workout Market. 75 mg of DMAA which is probably a stronger dose than most of the products back when DMAA was big and not partially illegal, adding 75 mg of Eria Jarensis which works like dmaa but isn't as strong and would have been better if dosed at 125 milligrams (heavier hitting also). Last but not least we have 30 milligrams of Noopept, which is a great high dosage if you do not look at the 50 milligram dosage in Azoth. Overall this product would have been killer back when DMAA ran rampant, but nowadays it isn't as high on the list in such a way that I personally can compare it to Ferox which did not contain DMAA or Eria yet was a stronger hitting and effective product.. Still this product is dosed very well, and has good makings for an effective competitor.

----Taste, Mixability, & Dosing----
Blackberry lemonade is the flavor that I chose, which had a very bitter taste due to the stimulants and citrulline malate. It certainly wasn't the worst flavor that I have had, and was indeed drinkable. Mixability was great and I had no issues otherwise. When it came to dosing thing I started with 1 serving 30 minutes before the gym, and eventually tried 1.25 servings and also 3/4 of a serving due to being later in the day.

(7.9/10)
As always I typically tried to take one week off stimulants to give my adrenal glands a chance to reset or rejuvenate in preparation for a new pre-workout or stimulant product. I have been continuing forward with my cutting program and diet, in which case my carb intake was reduced for the most part and in some cases I have increased the carb intake in order to gauge the effectiveness of the pump and endurance, eliminating the factor of diet. When it came to energy I could definitely tell that DMAA and Eria was in this product, as my energy levels were very strong and steady. Unfortunately this product was not an exception to the rule of tolerance build up especially concerning these two ingredients. There was never a high as when I first took this product, even when I had taken a few days off stimulants during the review. Realistically I would keep this product stashed away for a rainy day and would refrain from using it more than one to two times a month, unfortunately I lacked the luxury of extra time in this review. The endurance was definitely there, but I felt it being more lackluster than the typical products that I have been reviewing. The beta alanine is underdosed, even though it was just a little yet enough to notice a difference. Where I normally felt I could go the extra 1-2 reps I didn't have that drive while using siren even while on my higher carb days. For me the focus was actually pretty good, as I felt the distractions melt away. Lastly was pump, which surprised me.. Pumps were most always noticeable, even when I hadn't had any carbs that day before the gym. And on those days that I had my higher carb days or added a carb meal before the gym, well that is when it felt more of the skin splitting!

Side Effects

The side effects were expected as many know that I typically will find myself having greater moments of anxiety when the stimulants wear out, and then that leads to the dreaded crash which makes me want to go take a nap. Of course in favor of siren it could be marketed as a sleep aid in conjunction with a pre-workout, as I always joke with my friend then he does not have any adrenal glands left.. Well that is about how I feel when the crash starts, with lackluster energy fading fast.

(7.5/10)
Being a new product and brand it cost more then I would be willing to pay, has on their website it is sold for $50 for 30 servings which is $1.66 per serving. Fortunately there is website called Cobra supplements which has this product 4 $40 which is $1.33 per serving making it have a greater value. At this cost per serving I am comfortable paying that much,but would like the ingredient dosages tweaked a bit as mentioned above. The consumer and manufacturer are always at battle when it comes to quantity and quality, as the brand needs to make money yet the consumer continues to want more more for what they are paying. I am sure smaller brands are at a disadvantage for cost, but ultimately I think the consumers are still missing out.

Overall

(7.7/10)
In the start of this review I was comparing it in mind with ferox by chaos and pain, and the whole reason as to doing that is showing myself that you don't always need DMAA/Eria/Amp C/DMHA just to get a solid experience. My experience with this product was much like the flavor, bittersweet. I am still recommending this product because I believe it is better than many products on the market, yet it isn't high on my personal list. Again I am happy to experience this product and the chance to review it, so thank you Savage for your participation!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Focus
  • Endurance
  • Good Pump
  • Fully Transparent
  • DMAA Crash
  • Anxiety

Thanks to Divided Labs for sending it out!
** Introduction & Supplement Facts **
** Introduction & Supplement Facts **
As the title insists, the old way of synthesizing aminos from trace sources or unclean sources like "animal by-products such as poultry feathers, beaks and feet". Lets just say, if Coach Kris Gethin made a second supplement line this would be it. What is important to know about the difference between the two sources is potency, which is potency. I have had recovery/BCAA products such as this not work before even when containing effective dosing of 2:1:1, and possibly is the product didn't contain what was on the label or due to a cheap Chinese source thus lacking potency. This product has all you need in Aminos: 6g 2:1:1 BCAA's which are instantized and vegan aka fermented, Spectra blend at the clinical dose, P5Pharm which described by Divided "Active form of B6 that plays an important role in amino acid metabolism and increases BCAA digestion", 500mg of Organic Coconut Powder, and other electrolytes. A very well formulated product, that is the first I have used or seen with Spectra. No dyes, naturally flavored.

** Taste, Mixability, & Dosing **
Can we all just admit that everything tastes better in Bombsicle flavor? Wonderful taste, a bit sweet but with enough water it makes a great drink. Mixability was great, but I did have some coconut powder flakes which were fine. Dosing was mostly spent as intra workout or on my non workout days. I normally had 1 serving depending on the exercise group performed that day or how sore I felt. In addition I used this product pre workout and post workout.

** Effectiveness (8.7/10) **
I have continued cutting down in weight with my diet, and started doing more endurance based cardio with a higher rep lower weight thrown in the mix. Starting on this as a intra product defiantly reminded me why I like having Electrolytes during my workouts. I felt more capable or refreshed while sipping on this during the workout, and it seemed to be better with recovery also. In terms of hydration I believe it also aided in benefit, where it could be improved based on the vasodilation of the pump products taken along side it. I did take it with a Pre Workout before training on several occasions, which it certainly aided in the effectiveness of that preworkout in terms of energy as the BCAA's will convert the glycogen. Recovery is the main reason that I wanted this product, so surely it was going to be the most effective aspect. Fortunately this did deliver completely in this regard, where DOMS were diminished and overall recovery felt more enhanced compared to not taking a recovery supplement. Overall I felt this product lived up to what other effective BCAA products I have taken, while it isn't the most effective I have had it certainly is in the top of the list.

** Value (7.6/10) **
There aren't many products that can nail all areas of a review, and while we are getting quality ingredients it is still an area which I would like to improve. Right now it shows that you can purchase this product for $40 at 30 servings, costing $1.33 per serving! While this product does work and contains quality ingredients, it is a bit expensive for my needs especially if the effectiveness is similar to cheaper costing products.

** Overall (8.1/10) **
I am happy with the results of this product, and think that Divided Labs did an excellent job on the formulation. I would like to see the cost come down, as I feel people would be more likely to purchase it. Effective, Clinically Dosed, Spectra, and Electrolytes.. but this stuff is EXPENSIVE! Thank you divided labs for the opportunity.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Profile
  • Excellent Taste
  • Dye Free
  • Better Recovery
  • Good Endurance
  • Good Hydration

Thanks to AZÖTH for sending it out!
** Supplement Facts + Introduction **
Many of us have been exposed to Nootropics through a variety of products like Preworkouts and Fat Burners, but nothing this complete of a profile! I wont cover every ingredient as many have went into great detail especially htevans, way to go! I have compared this in two forms: as a pill supplement and as a powder in the sense that 3 capsules this size could contain over 3g easily. The ingredients in this product are top notch, and really it is only missing caffeine yet I understand keeping it separate allows for more possible uses (plus caffeine is cheap). All the ingredients are dosed well above the normal dosing, and in some cases it too high of a dose which is why they recommend taking fewer caps. I feel most of these dosages or the serving size should have been lowered, but there is a reason it isn't. Phenylpiracetam which functions like PEA is from what I have been told is practically a pharmaceutical drug and is as "cheating", while it is legal and has been for quite some time. The hyperzine is underdosed, and many ingredients are overdosed to a point which you can't get all the benefits fully from each ingredient at a lower dosage yet they all work well together for the acculative effect. I have had it in another product by InnovaPharm (Limitless), and it kept me feeling cracked out (more on this below).. All in all, dosage scheme is odd and not desirable to me but flexible.

** Dosing **
Dosing is recommended to start low and to use every other day, aka don't use everyday. It is also given that it takes time for these ingredients to build up, which is why it is directed to not use daily. Hear me out, if a company told you not to use their preworkout everyday or workout to only use every other day/workout.. Would you think something isn't right? These ingredients with exception of Phenylpiracetam are common preworkout or thermogenic ingredients, so why is it an issue? Basically the Phenylpiracetam I assume is the reason, as it surely wouldn't be a dosing issue otherwise. I started off with 1 capsule and followed with 2 and then three on many days later, more detailed below.

**Effectiveness (7.2/10) **
Before taking this product I had taken a week off all stimulants. I have had many different experiences with nootropics, and with many products on the market (preworkout or fat burners) they do put them in it. For me I enjoy a quick release of energy and focus, rather than having to wait for the "ingredients" to build up in my system to see the effectiveness. Being this only has 10 servings per the ingredients, it doesn't allow as much room to test different dosing routines. I started off with 1 capsule as suggest, with not much effect at all and if anything I felt a bit more tired 2 hours after as if physically exhausted. On the next day I didn't take any, but I followed it with another 1 capsule dosage.. When is this going to kick in? The exact next day I went ahead and took 2 capsules, where the energy felt more present and elevation of mood. My focus was ok, but it wasn't like I was solving equations in my head like Zack on the Hangover.. The next day I didn't take any again.. I went with an actual full serving aka 3 capsules, and low and behold the benefits were more noticeable overall. I felt time did move more quickly, however I felt a drag later on.

So at this point I only took 7 of the 30 capsules, so with the remanding 23 capsules I tried a variation of dosing routines. It was suggest to take some caffeine with this as the DMHA would enhance the duration and boost of energy, so I had a 200mg caffeine pill with 3 capsules. The results were probably the best I have felt on this side of the pharmacy counter, with my mental focus and energy pretty much at 11 the entire time lasting the majority of the day. So I decided to take a day off using it and then followed the same dosing routine, and it was like I didn't take AZTH that day? Upon research it appears that Phenylpiracetam isn't always effective each day of use, just like DMAA is for me or DMHA. So I didn't take any for a week, and when I returned I had dosed the same 3 capsules with 200mg caffeine. The effectiveness wasn't nearly as good as the original try, and it really made me feel burnt out later. The remaining capsules I took in different ways with no other noticeable effects outside the described portion above, but found this to be most effective when taken spread out from the previous dose just as DMAA in my experience.

** Value (6.5/10) **
A product such in this nature isn't cheap to begin with, and while it is a completely loaded profile and unique to the nootropic line it is still cheaper than your some affiliate sale nootropics. You are getting quality, which always helps the value of a product in the higher price ranges. You can find this online in their store for $45 which comes to $1.5 per serving.. But really it is user dependent, meaning your serving strength may vary. I personally feel the value is not exactly you are getting what you are paying for, as these pills are just too costly.. Maybe that money is going towards paying for the insurance to sell Phenylpiracetam? While these ingredients are quality and the dosages are great, the product doesn't perform as well as desired nor does it warrant the cost in my eyes.. You can get Adderall for these prices..

EDIT: Priceplow also offers a 40% off coupon and 50% off on orders of 2+!! What does this tell you? Bring the price down geez... The coupons are not guaranteed so it isn't factored into my value rating. Also this is the perfect storm for the affiliate sales card.

** Overall (6.8/10) **
You win some you lose some, and then you wonder why you even bothered with a product like this.. I really picked this out to help me focus and study for a certification coming up, and previously I had taken LGI Boosted for other tests.. The prices are close but yet the cheaper one out performed this one for me in the areas I needed it most. So I will be the black sheep, and tell you that I wouldn't really recommend this product for the reasons listed above. I feel it is a good formula, but didn't perform as well as expected.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Strong Formula
  • Greater Sense Of Wellbeing
  • Good Focus
  • Good Energy
  • Patented Ingredients
  • Tolerance Build Up
  • More Expensive Than Adderall
  • Inconsistent
  • 10 Servings
  • Possible Affiliate Sales Marketing

** Supplement Facts + Introduction **
After seeing this product launch I said there is no way I would actually buy it... So my buddy was getting rid of some products he came across and had this! He said his boss gave it to him where he works, but I still teased him saying he wanted to be big like Jay on it. Lets get this craptastic product out the way: straight proprietary blend, underdosed, Nitrosigine + Agmatine for pumps, and elevATP for the energy.. Well we all know finaflex is known for their proprietary blends, so no surprise here.. Stimul8 is known to be very strong, so why go with this name for their pump product? Surely they wanted to ride the coat tails of the name, or to stack it with Stimul8 for added effectiveness or making it more of a complete preworkout. It seems they were trying to do as Purus Labs has with Noxygen, but with more lackluster effects. Really there isn't any possible way to achieve good dosing on this product at 1 serving, so does 2 servings work? Check the link below for Mike to dissect and analyze how underdosed this product is: https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/stimul8-pumped

** Taste + Mixability + Dosing **
Well like Noxygen it is unflavored, and is a little biter. It is tasteless when you add it to anything, and isn't much of a texture difference. Being it is only 1g per serving, mixability isn't really an issue. Dosing was done in several different ways: alone preworkout, with preworkout, 1 serving, 2 serving, 3 serving. Read effectiveness for more of a breakdown.

** Effectiveness (5/10) **
Starting off I was un-dieting, which means I wasn't counting calories etc so needless to say I am loaded on carbs so that alone my pumps are noticeable. Moving forward to taking this product preworkout alone with no other supplements, I didn't notice much of anything at all. The next day I ran this in the same instance except I added some BCAA's, more notable but rated at 6/10. Next I ran it with two servings, and while the pump factor was better it still remained more of a 6/10. I even went ahead and tried three servings to see if there was much of a change, and well yes there is! Finally at the last resort I felt the product had some hope. Three servings to get less than what is given in a normal pump product? I tried adding it at 1 serving to a preworkout that contained no pump ingredients, but not much of a noticeable effect. At 2 servings it was decent, but really nothing stood as good as when it was added to a product with pump ingredients. At 1.5 servings it worked decently well with a product that contained pump ingredients, but not enough to consider adding this product into a stack. And lets talk about the elevATP, which has always had me going in other products when it is dosed at 150mg which is the recommended serving dosage.. So at 3 servings my Heart Rate should be soring high, yet it really didn't have much of an effect. Nothing in here to give the focus or stimulant effect such as Stimul8 has in the past. So my question is, WHAT THE HELL Finaflex? Are they just underdosing this product to death, or are they just flat out lying on the label?

** Value (3.5/10) **
Fortunately this product isn't very expensive, but the value aspect is an issue still. At 30 servings where you are looking for a boost in your preworkout, this comes to $0.70 per serving at the cheapest online price ($21), and at a better effectiveness the cost per serving is $1.40! Remember this is only 3 ingredients, and they are underdosed at that! Noxygen is more comparable and effective than this!

** Conclusion (4.2/10) **
I really can't believe Finaflex would think this would work, in terms of formula and sales.. Too expensive for what it is at 1 serving, and even worse with multiple servings which is needed due to being so underdosed.. Do you know the lryics "This sh8t is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S" well I believe Bananas would have been better for pump, and greater value too! So nope, no recommendation for this product as there are better complete products out there along with preworkouts that include these ingredients and more.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Patented Ingredients
  • Ineffective At Suggested Serving
  • Barely Effective At Double Suggested Serving
  • Underdosed
  • Poor Value
  • Proprietary Blend

** Introduction + Supplement Facts **
I really hate to admit it, but I actually do have about 1-3 snacks a week which might be a protein bar. When it comes to this type of product, nothing is ever created equally. I have purchased the impact bars from myprotein many times in the past, and their Carmel nut bar was the "healthier" version of a snickers bar. I decided to try the new Mybar Zero, because of the sale they were having and the profile seemed decent enough to consider. Per bar it is listed at almost 200 Calories depending on your flavor, of that 6g of fat 2.5g of carbs and 20g of protein. The fat is higher than some bars on the market, while the carbs are at a good lower level. Protein content is at an appropriate dosage, and the source being from Milk protein which is cheap but effective and much better than soy!! The good news is this bar is should be practically lactose free, for those who have issues.

** Taste + Dosing **
As indicated above, I liked the Carmel Nut bar previously on their impact bar so I thought I should like this one.. It is much different! The flavor is tasty enough, but the texture is harder yet spongy. There are plenty of nuts, which proved to be the better tasting aspect of this product. I heated up the bar for about 10 seconds a few times to soften it up, which did help and made it more palatable. Dosing was done to fit my needs with having a snack in between meals at work once a day and 1-3 times a week typically.

** Effectiveness (8.6/10) **
Who can really say how effective a protein supplement is? Are we doing any lab tests to see the levels in our blood, or only speculations? Really this is the true reason we have had companies easily lie to us with the amino spiked products of the past and hopefully not present. The way that I will judge effectiveness is really based on digestion, which was nothing notable ie no issues. How well it kept my appetite or hunger at bay, which it did well enough to help curve my appetite until I was able to properly fulfill my dietary needs. Did I notice increase recovery due to the aminos digested in the protein? Really couldn't tell you due to the dosing not being consistent, and really you could have way too many variables to look at ie diet. I was able to supplement this product into my dietary needs, which were based on hunger as it wasn't always consistent. In the end they fit the bill just about as well as any other protein bar I have had, and the digestion was better than others as I didn't have any sugar alcohol digestion issues like the Met-RX bars I used to have!

** Value (8.8/10) **
It appears that the batch was very limited as it is not listed and is out of stock when I look at my order, which isn't uncommon with myprotein and their bars sadly. The price I purchased them for was on a sale at $15 for 12 bars, costing $1.25 which is really unbeatable! Their typical pricing is around $20 IIRC coming out to $1.66 per bar, which again is still unbeatable!

** Conclusion (8.7/10) **
Overall I am satisfied and can recommend it, but feel the texture and taste could still be improved. I am happy with the value, as the price is typically better than other bars on the market as you can easily find a discount. The best advice I can give you is to heat the bar slightly, as that allows it to be more enjoyable.. But I don't eat these bars for the taste, but rather for convenience and I am not able to get a complete meal in or due to lack of microwaves etc.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Excellent Value
  • Competetive To No Sugar Protein Bars
  • Good Profile
  • Cheaper Than Quest
  • Out Of Stock
  • No Fiber

** Introduction + Supplement Facts **
New brand here, first brought to my attention back mid last year due to a facebook ad. Fitness stacks has around 5 products, and interesting profiles to match! I reached out to them and they sent me more than requested, so without further adieu this is the first of many products to review. The profile starts off with a clinical and typical dosage of 5g 2:11 BCAA's which are micronized for better absorption. Beet root powder which is great for pump allowing for better circulation thus recovery is better due to the increased blood flow of nutrients, at 300mg it is good enough at one serving but 500mg is a better starting dosage. Ashwagandha at 300mg (good dosage) which is for mood relaxation, producing clarity and less stress. Avena Sativa which I had to look up and appears to be a strong dosage at 250mg, but apparently increases immunity yet is known for its Viagra like benefits. Lastly there is the Green Coffee at 75mg, which is a good additive if you are needing a bit of energy with use. I liked this formula as it provided a unique twist to the standard BCAA product, while providing a good amount of servings.

** Taste + Mixiability + Dosing **
Kiwi Strawberry is what I got for this product as it is the only flavor, and every powdered product they offer is only in this flavor too! I guess it is different from the Fruit Punch standard go to flavor, but variety would be great. The taste was actually good but a little less tasty when the serving size is less it also has a sweet taste and feels gritty. Mixability isn't a huge issue as you can always swirl or shake in between to get it going, but there was a lot of sediment each time it sat there 30 seconds or more (which is why it was probably gritty in texture). Dosing was mostly spent as intra workout or on my non workout days. I normally had 1-2 servings depending on the exercise group performed that day or how sore I felt. In addition I used this product pre workout and post workout.

** Effectiveness (8.9/10) **
I normally will take a protein powder post workout unless I am reviewing a recovery product, which I will establish a baseline before returning a protein powder back into my supplementation. For this product I took it for a course of 21 days the first time before having to stop using it due to other products of the troops taking priority, but I was able to establish the fundamental effectiveness for this product. I will stress that I did in fact finish the reviewing of this product not long after, which was a straight shot for the remainder of the container. I normally will not take any breaks from a product such as this, but this was a time which I had other obligations come up.

Why aminos for recovery when protein powder will accomplish similar effectiveness? With aminos they are more versatile, especially if you are maintaining or cutting in your diet and routine. I wanted to stress this, because it is often that people will think they work differently or both are needed always (can be beneficial). The whole purpose to take this product is to help accelerate your recovery, and allowing you to build more muscle overtime. I try to keep my diet consistent with my carb and protein intake in addition to staying well hydrated. I was in a cutting diet and high rep/endurance program at both times of using this product. I felt my muscle soreness was much less when I kept my dosing consistent and had maintained my diet, also DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) was less occurring. While it was minor, I did experience some pumps when taking this intra workout depending on how many carbs I had that morning. Being that this product includes Green tea and also Ashwagandha, I felt a better wellbeing yet some focus depending on when I took it or activity faced. Strictly as a BCAA product I feel it easily earned a 8.5/10, but with the other additions the merit was a bit higher giving it a better score.

** Value (8.5/10) **
You can find this normally on their website for $50 at 60 servings costing $0.83 per serving, and it appears they offer a on going 15% discount which I suspect is only good for your first order ($0.71 per serving). You can also find this on Amazon with free shipping, costing $36 for 60 servings or $0.60 per serving. I feel the Amazon price is a good value, as it contains more than your plain BCAA product in combination of the effectiveness I experienced.

** Conclusion (8.7/10) **
Overall I am very satisfied with this product, as the formula and effectiveness made it very enjoyable! Some areas I feel could be improved on would be moving to instantized aminos and/or fermented, adding Taurine or hydrating ingredients, and adding other flavor combinations. With many companies adding more and more into a recovery or BCAA product, it is not as easy to compare product to product based on formulation alone which is why we must account for the effectiveness. I would gladly recommend this product to anyone looking for better recovery or energy throughout your workout routine. Thank you Fitness Stacks for the product to review!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • More Servings Than 60
  • Fully Disclosed
  • Unique Profile
  • No DYES
  • Less Stress
  • Great Wellbeing
  • Less DOMS
  • Some Focus
  • Mixability
  • Only 1 Flavor

** Supplement Facts + Introduction **
Just when I thought a protein powder couldn't get any better, then comes Alpha Isolate! I have had many different types of protein powders as have most, but nothing ever sits or digests as well as Isolate. I am not lactose intolerant, but sometimes the types of whey, the sourcing/supplier, or even the fillers can cause those dreaded side effects. It is typically recommended for most non endurance athletes or participants to use a whey blend, not only is isolate known most for not containing lactose but also not needed for most. In addition Isolate digests more quickly, which is great for immediate replenishment and recovery. This protein is one of the highest quality and purity protein products on the market! The protein content per scoop is just shy of 88% per serving, which is highest flavored protein on the market to my knowledge. Unlike NutraBio and their Isolate the flavoring of this product doesn't suffer! This is a incredibly lean protein powder due to the sources; at which has only 125 Calories of which 108 are directly protein, only 3g of carbs (12 Calories), and 1g of fat which I believe is really <1g fat. I wont break the protein source down as you can read the ingredients below, but ultimately it is the most pure forms. Very low amount of Sucralose included (0.0005g), and other artificial sweeteners plus many thickeners.

** Taste + Mixability + Dosing **
Much unlike NutraBio, this protein maintains the higher protein quantity per serving and still provide an amazing taste! They only have one flavor currently, which is the Chocolate Fudge Ripple and it is delicious! The mixing is really good with no clumps, and has a smooth consistency. Dosing for me was varied as I had it after the gym or a few times for hitting my macros, but I really only had 1 serving each time for the majority with 1 serving post workout and 2 table spoons of natural peanut butter (not mixed in). I would add more water than I normally would on other shakes which was around 16oz for this one, and the flavor texture and consistency was still on point! Thick stuff non the less once mixed, and I always would use ice in the shaker cup but never blended.

** Effectiveness (9.5/10) **
I quote from my previous review "Just as the resident geriatric lava said "PWO products are without a doubt one of the most popular, and perhaps easiest, supplements to review. Why? Because we judge them primarily on their ergogenic effect and how they make us feel" which is to say that Protein Powders still can be felt in some ways, but isn't as noticeable compared to other supplements." I have been trying to use less BCAA's during my workout in order to utilize my glycogen more, as I have been cutting. That being said I would always have this shake post workout, and did feel some improvement to my recovery which I had been using MyProtein Isolate before. I felt the digestion was great as per many of the other isolates I have had, but might have been a bit better due to purity. Essentially you are consuming Amino Acids which is always equal to the protein content (27g in this case). I did have some fun using this product a few times by making some protein waffles and pancakes, which turned out great.

** Value (8.5/10) **
Being such a high quality and pure product, the price is a factor and here it is similar. Currently you can purchase this for $40 at 28 servings, bringing you a cost per serving of $1.42 which is difficult to consider vs a normal whey blend but vs a isolate it is still on the higher end. I spoke with the brand on the value being a limiting factor, and he said that they are trying to bring the cost down to $35 which would make it more affordable at $1.25 but I haven't heard when this would occur. I would like to see if the cost would come down even more for 4lbs or 5lbs.

** Overall (9.0/10) **
I would highly recommend this product to anyone that already consumes a protein or recovery product. If you are looking for a better digesting protein or tasting isolate that still gives you value with the protein quantity per serving, then look no further! This is a great quality product, good value, and tastes wonderful. Thanks for allowing me to review this product Modern Man!
  • High Protein Per Serving
  • Excellent Taste
  • Clean Profile
  • GMP USA Made
  • Risk Free Promise
  • On The Expensive End

**Effectiveness (9/10) **
**Effectiveness (9/10) **
Within minutes of taking the first sip I could feel the tingling sensation begin in my lips, which progressively moved throughout my upper body like a boaconstrictor tightening over me. As I continued to follow the path to the gym, I started to get snake eyes as the focus started to pull at my mind. Upon arriving to the jungle I felt a slight shift of my mentality in what was to come, how my routine would play out and the desire to persist further than anticipated. The combination of Alpha GPC and Tyrosine is excellent, giving a strong non stimulant focus which lasts a while into the workout. During the first set I felt the energy start to surge over me, as if the venom from a snake bite cause my blood to cycle through my body more quickly with each movement. With the elevATP my heart rate is always running faster, giving more energy added to the HICA and Taurine. This wasn't the same endurance or energy that I had become found of yet it was something just as potent. While I continued to find myself continuing past the point my exhaustion, I could feel the endurance I had been lacking begin to work its way into the set and each rep. Stacking upon the weight and reps I once again felt the boaconstrictor tightening upon me, but this time it only could wrap around me in fewer spots. Boom! PULL! Pump! The fullness I felt in my muscles were tight tight tight, to which I felt linger for the duration of the workout and yet a bit further. Lastly I felt more relaxed from the stress endured, as my mind felt more clear and calmness.

Focus 8.9/10
Endurance 9/10
Pump 8.6/10
Energy 9.4/10

Forgive my analogy, I am not an expert of snakes but the description given felt it had gained strenght in my mind as I begin typing this review. I really think this is a good stimulant free pre workout, but the area of pump could certainly be improved. Also these scores are of the collective experience, read the dosing protocol performed below.

**Introduction + Supplement Facts**
I thought I would set this review apart and maybe change the layout of my future reviews, so comment below if you have any opinions on it. Here I am again with another stimulant free pre workout, which I always will try to run after 6-8 weeks of using stimulants as my source. I reached out to The Genius Brand for this product review, which he gladly sent. I am no stranger to pre workouts, let alone stimulant free products. With this product you have well rounded efficient dosages, with a few that are clinical or well known dosages. The things I would like be expanded on would be: increasing the dosages for beta alanine to 3.2g, citrulline malate to 8g, betaine 2.5g, and tyrosine to 2g. These changes would allow this product to be served at less servings or scoops as outlined in my dosing protocol below. I really liked and felt this formula was unique in terms of ingredients used in other stimulant free pre workouts. It contains patented ingredients including AstraGin for absorption, AlphaSize for potency of focus, ElevATP for increased energy and performance, and CarnoSyn Beta Alanine for endurance which is most potent. No dyes or artificial flavors which is a plus. Also the color is maintained by the addition of beet root, which aids in pump.

**Taste + Mixability + Dosing**
I will be honest that I didn't have high hopes for the natural flavoring of this product, but it was really delicious! The grape hits the taste buds first, and finishes with the limeaid. Mixability was good here, nothing more than a slight swirl if left sitting for a while. The serving size is 2 scoops, which is good for those who want to take only 1 scoop vs using half of a normal scooper. I started off with the 1 serving size, but eventually went to 1.5 servings (3 scoops) which proved to be the most effective option for to me.

** Value (8.6/10) **
Quality and patented ingredients come at a price, and with this product that comes to $40.00 or $2.00 per serving. In my opinion it is on the highest end of my purchasing willingness, but I would still use this to aid in my stimulant break.

** Conclusion (8.9/10) **
Overall I felt this is a very effective pre workout, and even as being stimulant free it proved to be very solid. You can get this on amazon, which is faster on shipping than on many web stores. Now it doesn't take a genius to enjoy the stimulant break, but it will take someone willing! Thank you Genius Brand for sending this product out to me for review!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Excellent Energy
  • Patented Ingredients
  • Unique Formula
  • GMP
  • Artifical Flavor And Dye Free
  • Very Tasty
  • Good Pumps
  • Strong Endurance
  • Mental Clairity
  • Surprising Focus
  • Costly
  • More Servings Needed

(SR paid for product; GNC did not participate)
Introduction + Supplement Facts
This product review was put up on SR by Admin and not GNC, at which I want to say thank you to SR and Tommy! I can't say that I have gone to GNC in a long time, and for good reason! It felt really odd as I came in thinking, "Don't F*n talk to me, I am not here to listen to your BS" and wow did the Crossfit Chick try to sell me on some crap! She even said the flavor I picked out was not a good one, which was FALSE because it was amazing! Enough about why and how, now to move on to this surprisingly good product!

Fully disclosed label, comparable profile as pe...
Introduction + Supplement Facts

Fully disclosed label, comparable profile as per ingredients vs the market, good dosages all around with most being clinical or solid/strong dosages. The ingredient label is as follows: 3.2g Beta Alanine which is Carnosyn the patented version and as the Clinical Dosage, 1.5g Micronized Creatine which is a good dose and form, 250mg Caffeine which is a good point for most people yet doesn't allow too much room for more serving size (would be better at 200mg for giving more room or 300mg for most), 150mg ElevATP Clinical dosage used for strength and performance (see link below for the studies - PricePlow), 100mg NeuroFactor which appears to be a good dosage and aids in brain function, 3g L- Citrulline which is about equivalent to 4.5g Citrulline Malate and this is a low dosage, lastly 1.5g Nitrosigine which is for N.O. longevity and is a solid dosage. The profile is good, but could be better to be more comparable to other products on the market.

Taste + Mixability + Dosing
Icy Fireworks, which was just like Bomb Pop! Tasty as hell! The mixability was on point for me, not much swirl and shake needed between sips. Dosing for me was 1 to 1.25 servings each time, about 20-30 minutes before hitting the gym.

THE RETURN OF SCRATCH CITY! Carnosyn is the patented version of Beta Alanine, which means potency! This is a immediate effect all the way onto the way to the gym, not an issue for me as I like it! I typically don't have Parasthesia with normal Beta Alanine so when I have as potent form such as this Carnosyn, which just means the purity is there and on normal Beta Alanine it isn't always guarantied. I am impressed with this Pre-Workout as it did deliver, and each time it was delivered just as strong which I believe to be contributed by the lack of DMAA/DMHA/AMP C as those compounds cause great mental drain thus limiting the effectiveness of consecutive use. I came (that's what she said) feeling good right out the gate, and the buzz kept going into my first couple of sets! I felt a pretty good focus that was not quite laser eyed, but it was good. I felt the focus was most strong in the beginning but it dissipated rather quickly and left me wanting more, which was no where to be found (7.5/10). When it came to energy I felt it was very good, surprisingly long lasting due to the ElevATP which I have experienced when reviewing Olympus Labs (8.8/10). Sadly the Pump wasn't as strong as I had hoped for, as it does have a good amount of Citrulline and Nitrosigine. For the pump I actually felt even at 1.25 servings I would rate it 6.5/10, but I was staying pumped up for some time after using it. Lastly my endurance was really good, which I felt my last reps towards the end of my workouts would be a bit more easily done with less fatigue (8.7/10). I didn't feel it to be as effective as the combination of Taurine + Beta Alanine though, which goes to show how much they compete for the same receptors. Below are the claims, and a short coverage of how I feel they were met.

IMMEDIATE REACTION: Engineered to deliver super-charged energy to the subject who works every day.
-Energy was charged, but much like the base model Mustang it doesn't pack the punch.. Claim was moderately met.

NEUROLOGICAL INTENSITY: As subjects initiate pre-workout protocols, LIT provides unrivaled mental alertness, eliminating perceived obstacles.
-I guess they should have put a disclosure saying the metal alertness would only last for workouts of short time spans, like 35 minutes tops. Claim wasn't met well.

MUSCLE PUMP: Nitric oxide stimulator to support vasodilation for extreme muscle pumps.
-LOL, nothing extreme here about pumps! I have been cutting lately and even on my higher Carb days I didn't feel the pump as well as needed. Claim poorly met.

Value 8.2/10
You can pick this up at GNC or their online store for $40 at 20 servings costing $1.33 per serving. I feel this to be an appropriate cost concerning the ingredients and their dosages, however there are more well formulated products on the market that are close to this cost per serving that are a bit more potent or effective.

Conclusion
Overall I am quite surprised how well this product performed, the formula is good, taste is off the charts, and the price point is good as well. Of course no one product will be perfect, and that is the case with this one. The formula is a bit lacking in some areas, while the effectiveness is also. I feel it is certainly a major step in the right direction, and is a good product to have on your list while not one to run out for. Really I am left feeling like Rich... "I drink it for the taste"
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Excellent Endurance
  • Great Energy
  • Good Focus
  • Fully Transparent
  • AMAZING TASTE
  • Good Formula
  • Have To Get At GNC