kalans

• Member has been active for 3 years, and was last online today
  • Linked social media account

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by kalans

Thanks to RSP for sending it out!
  July 8, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improves Recovery
  • Hydration

Supp Facts Intro

Major props to RSP for the 2 tubs they sent! This product has everything you really could ask for in the BCAA category: electrolytes, 6g 2:1:1 BCAA, coconut powder for added hydration, citrulline malate which aids in recovery due to vasodilation, and Bioperine for adsorption. I am happy with the dosages, along with the ingredients in general. I would like to see this without the dyes, but really I don't think I could ask for more.

Taste Mix Dose

Supp Facts Intro

Taste Mix Dose

The flavor I received was Fruit Punch, but I have had many RSP products of various flavors and also in their Regen BCAA's. All flavors are good, and tastes great with some being a bit sweeter than others. Mixability was really good with no foam sediment or floaters. Dosing was 1 serving each time, with multiple servings per day at times based on activity.

Effectiveness 8.4/10

I always try to focus on what I am running in supplements, for various reasons. One main reason is aminos are more versatile, especially if you are maintaining or cutting in your diet and routine. I wanted to stress this, because it is often that people will think they work differently or both are needed always (can be beneficial). The whole purpose to take this product is to help accelerate your recovery, and allowing you to build more muscle overtime. I try to keep my diet consistent with my carb and protein intake in addition to staying well hydrated. I was in a cutting diet and high rep/endurance program at both times of using this product. I felt my muscle soreness was much less when I kept my dosing consistent and had maintained my diet, also DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) was less occurring. While it was minor, I did experience some pumps when taking this intra workout depending on how many carbs I had that morning. Strictly as a BCAA product I feel it easily earned a 8/10, but with the other additions the merit was a bit higher giving it a better score.

Value 8/10

There are multiple serving sizes with various deals all the time, but currently I was able to find it on Amazon for $10 costing $0.34 per serving. I feel this is an excellent value, and the other sizes do come out fairly close in price per serving.

Overall 8.2/10

A simple yet effective staple to add to your stack, or at least utilize on those heavier days with more compound movements. I would say to keep this going for as long as you can afford it, but it isn't always necessary to run especially if you are already using protein powder post workout.

(SR paid for product; Merica Labz did not participate)
      June 21, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Solid Pumps
    • Clinical Efficient Dosages
    • Fully Transparent
    • Great Energy
    • Strong Focus
    • Good Endurance
    • Mixability
    • Extremely Sweet Taste

Supp Facts / Intro

Supp Facts / Intro

I giant apology to SR for the delay in writing this review, due to other issues. I am typing this while feeling so sleepy, boy I would love to have some of Red White BOOM! I originally wanted to review this due to the pretty large hype train taking out, and wow this time the hype was REAL! Everything in this product is Clincally or Efficiently Dosed, of course DMHA is in here but otherwise this is a pretty basic and not necessarily impressive. You have everything that you need in a preworkout, Pump + Strength + Endurance + Focus. I like the profile due to the great dosages, but feel it is lacking in ingredients etc.. Isn't that what the industry wants? They want you to think more is better even if the dosages are crap, and this product comes in strong showing more ins't always better!

The taste is really really really sweet! Not a bad flavor, but it was a bit too sweet. The mixability wasn't all that great as there was residue at the bottom which must be creatine and it tasted horrible and I would suggest not drinking it unless you are needing that 5g of Creatine.. Dosing for me was 1 full serving each time at least, with an exception of a heaping dose a couple of times.

Effectiveness 9/10

From the first sip you can tell this is going to be a good Pre-Workout aside from the overly sweet taste, and all the following servings were the same in terms of effectiveness. I have been working out 3 or 4 days a week based upon my work schedule, and only take stimulants via my Pre-Workout so I have a mild if any tolerance build up yet it wasn't notice while taking RWB. Going down the list I was able to see and feel the noticeable pumps, and they were solid! I was on a low carb with cycling carbs at first, and then I started doing keto which still showed powerful pumps! I was surprised as it seemed more potent on pumps than other products containing CM as the primary or only pump enhancer. The endurance was just as expected, being that these ingredients are clinically dosed I was able to notice the Endurance as well. Strength was maintained with the 5g Creatine, but might have been influenced by the better workouts overall. I was able to feel the immediate strong focus and energy when taking this, with no noticeable crash in any regard which seems to be the opposite to the other DMHA products I have reviewed which always have given me anxiety as the high comes down. I feel the energy was the least

Value 8.8/10

This is where I felt a bit surprised, as the price is around $40 for 25 servings.. But the item shows discontinued in a few stores, which makes me think the DMHA is being replaced. The cost per serving is $1.60 and I don't think it is overpriced for the effectiveness, and I know it is potent with patented ingredients making the value better.

Conclusion 8.9/10

When I was talking to Tommy about this product I felt unimpressed, but I think it was really about the hype making it bigger than it seemed to be. I am very impressed on how well this product worked for me, and I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone wanting to hit it hard! Thank you Tommy and SR for the opportunity to review this product, and again I apologize for the massive delay!

Thanks to MyProtein for sending it out!
      June 9, 2017

• Great Recovery
    • Great In Water Or Milk
    • High Quality

Supplement Facts

Supplement Facts

With the use of SR and the Troops I can't say my purchasing of products has stopped, in fact I believe it is just as much yet rather justified or proven effective purchases. For me the most frequent purchase I make would be from Myprotein, which it typically their Isolate or Aminos with the addition of their protein bars also on occasion. To say the least I am a fan of them, and with good reason as I have purchased + reviewed + seen the labdoor testing proving them to be ahead of the curve on quality and value. With the addition of The Whey, it is something that isn't necessary new with a whey blend adding some digestive enzymes yet it is a better quality formulation due to the order of ingredients. I loved the Gaspri Myofusion back in the day which was a very "similar" product, and damn if I miss the peanut butter cookie flavor! This isn't isolate or a typical why blend, which is due to the enyzymes and the flavoring I believe being stepped up a notch from their typical products. We have a low carb and fat profile with 25g of protein and the added digestive enzymes for digestion, bringing us to 78% protein per serving which is a great content vs many of the other products on the market for blended proteins!

Taste Mixability Dosing

The flavor I got was chocolate fudge, which was really tastier and improved from their normal flavoring. Most flavors from MyProtein are on the weaker flavoring side but that just means you get more protein for your money, yet this product proved to be the best of both worlds. Mixability was fine, with not issues mixing or foaming up. I simply dosed this based on my dieting needs, which would be smaller than a scoop at time and all the way up to 2 scoops.

Effectiveness 9/10

Realistically rating a product such as this really comes down to how well it was utilized in your diet, and how well it was digested (ie no irritable bowels or issues with consumption). I was able to fit this protein product into my daily supplementation to fill in the gaps for my macro needs, or to replace them in relation to convenience. I have added this into my pancake mixture in order to hit my macros for the day, and the flavoring was strong enough to make them taste like chocolate pancakes/waffles. I didn't have any issues digesting this product, nor did I feel it had any issues with retaining my fullness when utilized in between meals. I found that my recovery when using this product alone was enhanced, but I typically will use a protein powder after the gym regardless and there wasn't much of a improvement using this product that I could notice on that note.

Value 8.2/10

I feel the value of this product is comparable, especially if you buy it right when they have their sales. However, the 4.4lb tub comes to $0.92 a serving which is a bit much to me for the added digestive enzymes. Of course one could argue that the enhanced absoption due to the DE will increase the potency of this product vs a plain isolate or blend. At any rate, my value placed on this product is as is and yet I would purchase it in the future as needed.

Overall 8.6/10

I highly recommend Myprotein to everyone I know that asks me what protein powder to use etc, while I may not always go with the Isolate I will always choose MyProtein for their quality and value which is set above all others.

Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for sending it out!
        May 28, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Better Recovery
      • Decreased DOMS
      • Energy
      • A Little Expensive
      ----Intro, Ingredients----
      ----Intro, Ingredients----
      I typically wont use any carbs for intra workout, but I thought I would give this a run along with using it post workout for help replenishing the glycogen for helping recovery. I typically read my labels from top to bottom, so looking here I see that there is 6g of protein yet nothing is disclosed to where the protein is coming from. I believe that they are considering the 6g of protein being from the 5g BCAA + 1g of EAA, which is not correct and should be fixed in the future. I am not sure how the laws are in their country, but that is literally what Amino Spiking is (yet this product isn't marketed for its protein content). Moving forward we get 6g of Dextrose, which is the simplest form of sugar and not HBCD which is the better form in our purpose. This is the particular reason I stated in the title "some pixie stick sugars added", as many people know you can add simple sugars such as dextrose from candy to help replenish your glycogen aiding in recovery. 6g isn't really much, but think of this ingredient as a extra freebie. 5g 2:1:1 BCAA which is the standard clinical dosage, and an effective amount. 1g of EAA which is fine, but I never really have noticed it working too much in the past. Actigin is also here, which is for absorption and is dosed appropriately. Ultimately the formula is a good solid profile, but it contains dyes Ace K and artificial sweeteners if you are not a fan.

----Taste, Mixability, Dosing----
      The flavor I was able to try was the Strawberry Margarita, and it was a unique and tasty flavor. It really was more of a strawberry flavor, but had a hint of lime taste to it with sugar rather than the salt on the rim. Mixability was a little foamy, which typically is due to the EAA I find but it settled down with not much of an issue. When it came to dosing it was as I typically run my BCAA products as intra workout or on my non workout days. I typically had 1-2 serving depending on the exercise group performed that day or how sore I felt. In addition I used this product pre working out and post working out.

Effectiveness (8.2/10)

I like to keep an amino product on hand and was thankful that this has come along, as I want to continue with recovery as best as possible. With this product it was a bit more concerning for me with the added sugar at times, which was mostly at 2 servings yet 18g of sugar isn't a huge issue. I have been cutting for the greater part of the past 4 months, and started heading toward keto. Needless to say carbs ala sugar can be a problem. I was able to use this product mainly as a post workout for the expense of the carbs, but also I used it as a pre working out supplement along with intra. I did take it with a Pre Workout before training on several occasions, which it certainly aided in the effectiveness of that preworkout in terms of energy as the BCAA's will convert the glycogen. DOMS were diminished and overall recovery felt more enhanced compared to not taking a recovery supplement, with the addition of less fatigue in my day to day. Overall I felt this product lived up to what other effective BCAA products I have taken, but nothing exceptional.

Value (7.5/10)

I was able to find this only sold on their website which typically means it is going to cost more, and that is the case. For 60 servings it costs $45 or $0.75 per serving, which I find to be a bit expensive for my tastes.. I didn't find this much more effective for recovery than your typical BCAA product, and if you are wanting to ingest simple sugars you can find you cheaper sugars in the candy isle and add it post workout saving you some money.

Overall (7.8/10)

I would recommend this product if you would like something different with a lot of servings, but only if you have a little extra cash to use. I enjoyed using this product, and I thank Outbreak for the opportunity to review it.

Thanks to Top Tier Athletics for sending it out!
        May 18, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Deep Restful Sleep
      • Effective At Putting You Out
      • Great Value
      • Potency
      • Transparent Label
      • Fully Dosed
      • Hangover
      • Withdraws
      • Habbit Forming
      ---- Supplement Facts & Introduction ----
      ---- Supplement Facts & Introduction ----
      With life being so busy at times it can be helpful to have a sleepaid on deck, but I don't need a prescription nor want to take pharmaceuticals.. So I turn to supplements, and for a good reason.. Effectiveness, without the damaging effects to our liver along with dosage control especially in powder form. There are many aspects that I like about this label: fully disclosed label, well formulated, efficient dosages, and not overloading the phenubit! L-Tryptophan is a unique and good addition, as I can't think of any products that particularly contain this ingredient let alone this great of a dosage. If you have read any of my other sleep aid reviews you will know my issue is the large amounts of phenubit due to it being habit forming and experiencing withdraws. The worst part of many products is the fact that they will hide the dosage in a proprietary blend, this includes the likes of Hi-Tech (shady behavior, but I won't rant here). 500mg of phenubit is a good maintenance dose, but it still is something to be considerate of due to tolerance build up also. Integrity has stated in a comment to another review "the addictive dose is 3g+ over the course of a month", which I disagree as I have become addicted (aka habit formed) with lower dosages of consistent usage. Lastly my container showed only 6mg of melatonin which is what the owner stated reducing from 10mg, which is good for me as I take 5mg per night when I am not reviewing a sleep aid. I like this formula as it isn't too strong on dosages where a user could get knocked out and wake up groggy, yet strong enough to allow for half dosing for beginners or those with fewer time to sleep.

---- Taste, Mixability, Dosing ----
      Watermelon, really it has never been a great supplement flavor with this product not being an exception. It taste too artificial and sweet, but since I take it before going to bed I am able to brush my teeth soon after. Mixability is fine with no issues here. Dosing was done as indicated above for need or hours of sleep available, with that being 1/2 serving to 1 full serving.

Effectiveness (8.8/10)

Working 12 hour shifts at a hospital can really wear you out along with your body, as time to time you will be 7-8 hours into a shift when you realize that you have yet to go to the restroom because you have been that busy! I know all my fellow nursing/medical workers can tell you all about that, and thus your body is put into a little more stress especially when you are on your feet all day. So nonetheless I have come home very worn out, but not always have I been able to fall asleep. There are many distractions that cause some of this, which can be using my phone or watching T.V. before bed. I have been working at developing better bed time habits in which I get rid of those devices or limit the use. I normally will take a 5mg Melatonin Sublingual Tab before bed, and in 20-30 minutes I start to get sleepy. I can fight this feeling and stay on my phone watching something, but eventually it can wear off if not asleep soon enough. When I review a sleep aid I will discontinue the use of the Melatonin and take the sleep aid 30 minutes before bed.

I want to mention that sleep is severely important for our overall health, due to the fact this is the time when our bodies do not have to work as hard and recovers most readily. Being that we typically do not get a full amount of sleep, it is helpful to make the sleep the most effective in the short amount of time in order to get the greatest benefit from it. With the first time taking this I started out with a 1/2 serving, especailly since the serving gram dosage wasn't given. I found myself starting to fall asleep within 15-20 minutes while using it, for most of the container. Eventually I went up in the serving size to accommodate the tolerance build up, which was judged based on how well I would sleep by not sleeping as long or how I felt in the mornings. In my previous experience using FinaFlex G8 the build up of phenubit in my system caused me to have a hangover for 2 days.. Fortunately that never happened with KD, with most nights I was using it and I normally would sleep for 6-8 hours but definitely could sleep longer. On my days off that I used KD I would sleep closer to 9 hours which is plenty for me. I am used to only sleeping 6-7 hours a night, and while using this product I would still sleep that amount of time but would wake up more refreshed. Ultimately this product was perfect in getting me to fall asleep faster, allowing me to stay asleep, waking up feeling very rested!

Side Effects

As noted in previous sleep aid reviews, phenubit is very addictive.. I have experienced withdraws yet again while reviewing this product. I had partial insomnia when I didn't take this product, and not just after the completion but rather the days in between not taking it! Which would make me want to take it even more, thus giving a greater addiction. It took me a good week with no sleep aids including not Melatonin (wasn't necessary), which I had withdraws from it fairly bad. Other than that I also have had some groggy mornings, which is to be expected.

Value (8.4/10)

Surprisingly the cost on this product is actually cheap! Especially considering how well dosed it is and the servings. You can find it on their website for $30 at 30 servings giving you $1 per serving, and even more value is to be had if you use 1/2 a serving! I defiantly find the value of this product to be exceedingly well.

Overall (8.6/10)

I can recommend this product easily for it being well formulated and effective, yet the value is also good. It isn't in my top 5 sleep aids that I have reviewed, but it does have its pros. Don't expect it to be the strongest product ever, yet be cautious when taking it.

10x Review reminder: please update the status of Integrity Nutrition - Keep Dream-IN

Thanks to Savage Supplements for sending it out!
        May 11, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Good Focus
      • Endurance
      • Good Pump
      • Fully Transparent
      • DMAA Crash
      • Anxiety
      ----Introduction & Supplement Facts----
      ----Introduction & Supplement Facts----
      Siren, lures you into the cliffs.. Boy I heard this calling my name, and I am happy I was able to review it. In particular I am happy I was able to review it due to narrowing out how effective DMAA is verses what was on the market otherwise. Like most of those who are reading this review, I have taken plenty of preworkouts and some contained DMAA/DMHA/AMP C or other new stimulants. The point I am getting at is that I have been able to test and try many stimulants, and it isn't always about having the strongest stimulant but how well the ingredients work synergistically. Starting off we have 4 grams of citrulline malate 2 to 1 ratio which is under par compared to the majority of fully dosed products on the market, short by 2 grams or 4 grams if you are like me and require a full clinical dosed 8 gram serving. The second ingredient listed is beta alanine at 3 grams rather than the clinical dosage of 3.2 grams, which is a bummer but 200 milligrams probably does not make a whole lot of difference in the big scheme of things. Next is Betaine which is underdosed as well only containing 1.5 grams rather than the 2.5 grams for the clinical study. Agmatine sulfate is efficiently dosed at 1 gram, which is a great dosage but would be better at 1.5 grams. The next few ingredients are good and nothing I'll complain about (minus the very low dosage on beet root extract at 150 milligrams, which should be at 500 milligrams at least otherwise don't even included), and the NALT dosage is good at 600mg. Now we are getting to the interesting section of the ingredients, which we start off with 300 milligrams of caffeine and that is enough to get you going and yet competitive enough with the direction of the pre-workout Market. 75 mg of DMAA which is probably a stronger dose than most of the products back when DMAA was big and not partially illegal, adding 75 mg of Eria Jarensis which works like dmaa but isn't as strong and would have been better if dosed at 125 milligrams (heavier hitting also). Last but not least we have 30 milligrams of Noopept, which is a great high dosage if you do not look at the 50 milligram dosage in Azoth. Overall this product would have been killer back when DMAA ran rampant, but nowadays it isn't as high on the list in such a way that I personally can compare it to Ferox which did not contain DMAA or Eria yet was a stronger hitting and effective product.. Still this product is dosed very well, and has good makings for an effective competitor.

----Taste, Mixability, & Dosing----
      Blackberry lemonade is the flavor that I chose, which had a very bitter taste due to the stimulants and citrulline malate. It certainly wasn't the worst flavor that I have had, and was indeed drinkable. Mixability was great and I had no issues otherwise. When it came to dosing thing I started with 1 serving 30 minutes before the gym, and eventually tried 1.25 servings and also 3/4 of a serving due to being later in the day.

(7.9/10)
      As always I typically tried to take one week off stimulants to give my adrenal glands a chance to reset or rejuvenate in preparation for a new pre-workout or stimulant product. I have been continuing forward with my cutting program and diet, in which case my carb intake was reduced for the most part and in some cases I have increased the carb intake in order to gauge the effectiveness of the pump and endurance, eliminating the factor of diet. When it came to energy I could definitely tell that DMAA and Eria was in this product, as my energy levels were very strong and steady. Unfortunately this product was not an exception to the rule of tolerance build up especially concerning these two ingredients. There was never a high as when I first took this product, even when I had taken a few days off stimulants during the review. Realistically I would keep this product stashed away for a rainy day and would refrain from using it more than one to two times a month, unfortunately I lacked the luxury of extra time in this review. The endurance was definitely there, but I felt it being more lackluster than the typical products that I have been reviewing. The beta alanine is underdosed, even though it was just a little yet enough to notice a difference. Where I normally felt I could go the extra 1-2 reps I didn't have that drive while using siren even while on my higher carb days. For me the focus was actually pretty good, as I felt the distractions melt away. Lastly was pump, which surprised me.. Pumps were most always noticeable, even when I hadn't had any carbs that day before the gym. And on those days that I had my higher carb days or added a carb meal before the gym, well that is when it felt more of the skin splitting!

Side Effects

The side effects were expected as many know that I typically will find myself having greater moments of anxiety when the stimulants wear out, and then that leads to the dreaded crash which makes me want to go take a nap. Of course in favor of siren it could be marketed as a sleep aid in conjunction with a pre-workout, as I always joke with my friend then he does not have any adrenal glands left.. Well that is about how I feel when the crash starts, with lackluster energy fading fast.

(7.5/10)
      Being a new product and brand it cost more then I would be willing to pay, has on their website it is sold for $50 for 30 servings which is $1.66 per serving. Fortunately there is website called Cobra supplements which has this product 4 $40 which is $1.33 per serving making it have a greater value. At this cost per serving I am comfortable paying that much,but would like the ingredient dosages tweaked a bit as mentioned above. The consumer and manufacturer are always at battle when it comes to quantity and quality, as the brand needs to make money yet the consumer continues to want more more for what they are paying. I am sure smaller brands are at a disadvantage for cost, but ultimately I think the consumers are still missing out.

Overall

(7.7/10)
      In the start of this review I was comparing it in mind with ferox by chaos and pain, and the whole reason as to doing that is showing myself that you don't always need DMAA/Eria/Amp C/DMHA just to get a solid experience. My experience with this product was much like the flavor, bittersweet. I am still recommending this product because I believe it is better than many products on the market, yet it isn't high on my personal list. Again I am happy to experience this product and the chance to review it, so thank you Savage for your participation!

Thanks to Divided Labs for sending it out!
        April 25, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Profile
      • Excellent Taste
      • Dye Free
      • Better Recovery
      • Good Endurance
      • Good Hydration
      ** Introduction & Supplement Facts **
      ** Introduction & Supplement Facts **
      As the title insists, the old way of synthesizing aminos from trace sources or unclean sources like "animal by-products such as poultry feathers, beaks and feet". Lets just say, if Coach Kris Gethin made a second supplement line this would be it. What is important to know about the difference between the two sources is potency, which is potency. I have had recovery/BCAA products such as this not work before even when containing effective dosing of 2:1:1, and possibly is the product didn't contain what was on the label or due to a cheap Chinese source thus lacking potency. This product has all you need in Aminos: 6g 2:1:1 BCAA's which are instantized and vegan aka fermented, Spectra blend at the clinical dose, P5Pharm which described by Divided "Active form of B6 that plays an important role in amino acid metabolism and increases BCAA digestion", 500mg of Organic Coconut Powder, and other electrolytes. A very well formulated product, that is the first I have used or seen with Spectra. No dyes, naturally flavored.

** Taste, Mixability, & Dosing **
      Can we all just admit that everything tastes better in Bombsicle flavor? Wonderful taste, a bit sweet but with enough water it makes a great drink. Mixability was great, but I did have some coconut powder flakes which were fine. Dosing was mostly spent as intra workout or on my non workout days. I normally had 1 serving depending on the exercise group performed that day or how sore I felt. In addition I used this product pre workout and post workout.

** Effectiveness (8.7/10) **
      I have continued cutting down in weight with my diet, and started doing more endurance based cardio with a higher rep lower weight thrown in the mix. Starting on this as a intra product defiantly reminded me why I like having Electrolytes during my workouts. I felt more capable or refreshed while sipping on this during the workout, and it seemed to be better with recovery also. In terms of hydration I believe it also aided in benefit, where it could be improved based on the vasodilation of the pump products taken along side it. I did take it with a Pre Workout before training on several occasions, which it certainly aided in the effectiveness of that preworkout in terms of energy as the BCAA's will convert the glycogen. Recovery is the main reason that I wanted this product, so surely it was going to be the most effective aspect. Fortunately this did deliver completely in this regard, where DOMS were diminished and overall recovery felt more enhanced compared to not taking a recovery supplement. Overall I felt this product lived up to what other effective BCAA products I have taken, while it isn't the most effective I have had it certainly is in the top of the list.

** Value (7.6/10) **
      There aren't many products that can nail all areas of a review, and while we are getting quality ingredients it is still an area which I would like to improve. Right now it shows that you can purchase this product for $40 at 30 servings, costing $1.33 per serving! While this product does work and contains quality ingredients, it is a bit expensive for my needs especially if the effectiveness is similar to cheaper costing products.

** Overall (8.1/10) **
      I am happy with the results of this product, and think that Divided Labs did an excellent job on the formulation. I would like to see the cost come down, as I feel people would be more likely to purchase it. Effective, Clinically Dosed, Spectra, and Electrolytes.. but this stuff is EXPENSIVE! Thank you divided labs for the opportunity.

Thanks to AZÖTH for sending it out!
        April 16, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Strong Formula
      • Greater Sense Of Wellbeing
      • Good Focus
      • Good Energy
      • Patented Ingredients
      • Tolerance Build Up
      • More Expensive Than Adderall
      • Inconsistent
      • 10 Servings
      • Possible Affiliate Sales Marketing
      ** Supplement Facts + Introduction **
      Many of us have been exposed to Nootropics through a variety of products like Preworkouts and Fat Burners, but nothing this complete of a profile! I wont cover every ingredient as many have went into great detail especially htevans, way to go! I have compared this in two forms: as a pill supplement and as a powder in the sense that 3 capsules this size could contain over 3g easily. The ingredients in this product are top notch, and really it is only missing caffeine yet I understand keeping it separate allows for more possible uses (plus caffeine is cheap). All the ingredients are dosed well above the normal dosing, and in some cases it too high of a dose which is why they recommend taking fewer caps. I feel most of these dosages or the serving size should have been lowered, but there is a reason it isn't. Phenylpiracetam which functions like PEA is from what I have been told is practically a pharmaceutical drug and is as "cheating", while it is legal and has been for quite some time. The hyperzine is underdosed, and many ingredients are overdosed to a point which you can't get all the benefits fully from each ingredient at a lower dosage yet they all work well together for the acculative effect. I have had it in another product by InnovaPharm (Limitless), and it kept me feeling cracked out (more on this below).. All in all, dosage scheme is odd and not desirable to me but flexible.

** Dosing **
      Dosing is recommended to start low and to use every other day, aka don't use everyday. It is also given that it takes time for these ingredients to build up, which is why it is directed to not use daily. Hear me out, if a company told you not to use their preworkout everyday or workout to only use every other day/workout.. Would you think something isn't right? These ingredients with exception of Phenylpiracetam are common preworkout or thermogenic ingredients, so why is it an issue? Basically the Phenylpiracetam I assume is the reason, as it surely wouldn't be a dosing issue otherwise. I started off with 1 capsule and followed with 2 and then three on many days later, more detailed below.

**Effectiveness (7.2/10) **
      Before taking this product I had taken a week off all stimulants. I have had many different experiences with nootropics, and with many products on the market (preworkout or fat burners) they do put them in it. For me I enjoy a quick release of energy and focus, rather than having to wait for the "ingredients" to build up in my system to see the effectiveness. Being this only has 10 servings per the ingredients, it doesn't allow as much room to test different dosing routines. I started off with 1 capsule as suggest, with not much effect at all and if anything I felt a bit more tired 2 hours after as if physically exhausted. On the next day I didn't take any, but I followed it with another 1 capsule dosage.. When is this going to kick in? The exact next day I went ahead and took 2 capsules, where the energy felt more present and elevation of mood. My focus was ok, but it wasn't like I was solving equations in my head like Zack on the Hangover.. The next day I didn't take any again.. I went with an actual full serving aka 3 capsules, and low and behold the benefits were more noticeable overall. I felt time did move more quickly, however I felt a drag later on.

So at this point I only took 7 of the 30 capsules, so with the remanding 23 capsules I tried a variation of dosing routines. It was suggest to take some caffeine with this as the DMHA would enhance the duration and boost of energy, so I had a 200mg caffeine pill with 3 capsules. The results were probably the best I have felt on this side of the pharmacy counter, with my mental focus and energy pretty much at 11 the entire time lasting the majority of the day. So I decided to take a day off using it and then followed the same dosing routine, and it was like I didn't take AZTH that day? Upon research it appears that Phenylpiracetam isn't always effective each day of use, just like DMAA is for me or DMHA. So I didn't take any for a week, and when I returned I had dosed the same 3 capsules with 200mg caffeine. The effectiveness wasn't nearly as good as the original try, and it really made me feel burnt out later. The remaining capsules I took in different ways with no other noticeable effects outside the described portion above, but found this to be most effective when taken spread out from the previous dose just as DMAA in my experience.

** Value (6.5/10) **
      A product such in this nature isn't cheap to begin with, and while it is a completely loaded profile and unique to the nootropic line it is still cheaper than your some affiliate sale nootropics. You are getting quality, which always helps the value of a product in the higher price ranges. You can find this online in their store for $45 which comes to $1.5 per serving.. But really it is user dependent, meaning your serving strength may vary. I personally feel the value is not exactly you are getting what you are paying for, as these pills are just too costly.. Maybe that money is going towards paying for the insurance to sell Phenylpiracetam? While these ingredients are quality and the dosages are great, the product doesn't perform as well as desired nor does it warrant the cost in my eyes.. You can get Adderall for these prices..

EDIT: Priceplow also offers a 40% off coupon and 50% off on orders of 2+!! What does this tell you? Bring the price down geez... The coupons are not guaranteed so it isn't factored into my value rating. Also this is the perfect storm for the affiliate sales card.

** Overall (6.8/10) **
      You win some you lose some, and then you wonder why you even bothered with a product like this.. I really picked this out to help me focus and study for a certification coming up, and previously I had taken LGI Boosted for other tests.. The prices are close but yet the cheaper one out performed this one for me in the areas I needed it most. So I will be the black sheep, and tell you that I wouldn't really recommend this product for the reasons listed above. I feel it is a good formula, but didn't perform as well as expected.

March 28, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Patented Ingredients
      • Ineffective At Suggested Serving
      • Barely Effective At Double Suggested Serving
      • Underdosed
      • Poor Value
      • Proprietary Blend
      ** Supplement Facts + Introduction **
      After seeing this product launch I said there is no way I would actually buy it... So my buddy was getting rid of some products he came across and had this! He said his boss gave it to him where he works, but I still teased him saying he wanted to be big like Jay on it. Lets get this craptastic product out the way: straight proprietary blend, underdosed, Nitrosigine + Agmatine for pumps, and elevATP for the energy.. Well we all know finaflex is known for their proprietary blends, so no surprise here.. Stimul8 is known to be very strong, so why go with this name for their pump product? Surely they wanted to ride the coat tails of the name, or to stack it with Stimul8 for added effectiveness or making it more of a complete preworkout. It seems they were trying to do as Purus Labs has with Noxygen, but with more lackluster effects. Really there isn't any possible way to achieve good dosing on this product at 1 serving, so does 2 servings work? Check the link below for Mike to dissect and analyze how underdosed this product is: https://blog.priceplow.com/supplement-news/stimul8-pumped

** Taste + Mixability + Dosing **
      Well like Noxygen it is unflavored, and is a little biter. It is tasteless when you add it to anything, and isn't much of a texture difference. Being it is only 1g per serving, mixability isn't really an issue. Dosing was done in several different ways: alone preworkout, with preworkout, 1 serving, 2 serving, 3 serving. Read effectiveness for more of a breakdown.

** Effectiveness (5/10) **
      Starting off I was un-dieting, which means I wasn't counting calories etc so needless to say I am loaded on carbs so that alone my pumps are noticeable. Moving forward to taking this product preworkout alone with no other supplements, I didn't notice much of anything at all. The next day I ran this in the same instance except I added some BCAA's, more notable but rated at 6/10. Next I ran it with two servings, and while the pump factor was better it still remained more of a 6/10. I even went ahead and tried three servings to see if there was much of a change, and well yes there is! Finally at the last resort I felt the product had some hope. Three servings to get less than what is given in a normal pump product? I tried adding it at 1 serving to a preworkout that contained no pump ingredients, but not much of a noticeable effect. At 2 servings it was decent, but really nothing stood as good as when it was added to a product with pump ingredients. At 1.5 servings it worked decently well with a product that contained pump ingredients, but not enough to consider adding this product into a stack. And lets talk about the elevATP, which has always had me going in other products when it is dosed at 150mg which is the recommended serving dosage.. So at 3 servings my Heart Rate should be soring high, yet it really didn't have much of an effect. Nothing in here to give the focus or stimulant effect such as Stimul8 has in the past. So my question is, WHAT THE HELL Finaflex? Are they just underdosing this product to death, or are they just flat out lying on the label?

** Value (3.5/10) **
      Fortunately this product isn't very expensive, but the value aspect is an issue still. At 30 servings where you are looking for a boost in your preworkout, this comes to $0.70 per serving at the cheapest online price ($21), and at a better effectiveness the cost per serving is $1.40! Remember this is only 3 ingredients, and they are underdosed at that! Noxygen is more comparable and effective than this!

** Conclusion (4.2/10) **
      I really can't believe Finaflex would think this would work, in terms of formula and sales.. Too expensive for what it is at 1 serving, and even worse with multiple servings which is needed due to being so underdosed.. Do you know the lryics "This sh8t is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S" well I believe Bananas would have been better for pump, and greater value too! So nope, no recommendation for this product as there are better complete products out there along with preworkouts that include these ingredients and more.

March 27, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Excellent Value
      • Competetive To No Sugar Protein Bars
      • Good Profile
      • Cheaper Than Quest
      • Out Of Stock
      • No Fiber
      ** Introduction + Supplement Facts **
      ** Introduction + Supplement Facts **
      I really hate to admit it, but I actually do have about 1-3 snacks a week which might be a protein bar. When it comes to this type of product, nothing is ever created equally. I have purchased the impact bars from myprotein many times in the past, and their Carmel nut bar was the "healthier" version of a snickers bar. I decided to try the new Mybar Zero, because of the sale they were having and the profile seemed decent enough to consider. Per bar it is listed at almost 200 Calories depending on your flavor, of that 6g of fat 2.5g of carbs and 20g of protein. The fat is higher than some bars on the market, while the carbs are at a good lower level. Protein content is at an appropriate dosage, and the source being from Milk protein which is cheap but effective and much better than soy!! The good news is this bar is should be practically lactose free, for those who have issues.

** Taste + Dosing **
      As indicated above, I liked the Carmel Nut bar previously on their impact bar so I thought I should like this one.. It is much different! The flavor is tasty enough, but the texture is harder yet spongy. There are plenty of nuts, which proved to be the better tasting aspect of this product. I heated up the bar for about 10 seconds a few times to soften it up, which did help and made it more palatable. Dosing was done to fit my needs with having a snack in between meals at work once a day and 1-3 times a week typically.

** Effectiveness (8.6/10) **
      Who can really say how effective a protein supplement is? Are we doing any lab tests to see the levels in our blood, or only speculations? Really this is the true reason we have had companies easily lie to us with the amino spiked products of the past and hopefully not present. The way that I will judge effectiveness is really based on digestion, which was nothing notable ie no issues. How well it kept my appetite or hunger at bay, which it did well enough to help curve my appetite until I was able to properly fulfill my dietary needs. Did I notice increase recovery due to the aminos digested in the protein? Really couldn't tell you due to the dosing not being consistent, and really you could have way too many variables to look at ie diet. I was able to supplement this product into my dietary needs, which were based on hunger as it wasn't always consistent. In the end they fit the bill just about as well as any other protein bar I have had, and the digestion was better than others as I didn't have any sugar alcohol digestion issues like the Met-RX bars I used to have!

** Value (8.8/10) **
      It appears that the batch was very limited as it is not listed and is out of stock when I look at my order, which isn't uncommon with myprotein and their bars sadly. The price I purchased them for was on a sale at $15 for 12 bars, costing $1.25 which is really unbeatable! Their typical pricing is around $20 IIRC coming out to $1.66 per bar, which again is still unbeatable!

** Conclusion (8.7/10) **
      Overall I am satisfied and can recommend it, but feel the texture and taste could still be improved. I am happy with the value, as the price is typically better than other bars on the market as you can easily find a discount. The best advice I can give you is to heat the bar slightly, as that allows it to be more enjoyable.. But I don't eat these bars for the taste, but rather for convenience and I am not able to get a complete meal in or due to lack of microwaves etc.