kalans

Expert Reviewer

• Member has been active for 3 years, and was last online this week

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by kalans

Thanks to Alpha Lion for sending it out!
  October 12, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Deep Sleep
  • Feeling Refreshed
  • Increase Recovery
  • Reductions Of DOMS
  • Vivid Dreams
  • Little Pricey
  • Some Hangover

Intro + Supp Facts

Intro + Supp Facts

I am always willing and wanting to try sleepaids, because I work 3-4 12 hour shifts a week which can be tiring and difficult to fall asleep at times. I picked this up on the TROOPS for a good reason, NO PENUBIT!!! That's right folks, the addictive habit forming Penubit isn't in here so I was very eager to see how effective it would be. The biggest concern for me was all the amino's which could be utilized as energy, and not something I would want before bed.. Starting off on the label we have a few vitamins, ZMA's and electrolytes which are all good and unique as you won't typically get these bonus ingredients on a sleepaid. Leucine is here at 2.5g, which is the 2 part of a 2:1:1 ratio yet the iso leucine and valine isn't included oddly but isn't an issue. We have Lysine at 2g which is a great dosage, and will be a great added EAA that will aid in muscle building and not just recovery. The whole Brains Gains & Anti-Stress Matrix is all well formulated to help you relax and reduce anxiety. Lastly Chamomile Flower (75mg) and Melatonin (4mg) which is just right to help you fall asleep faster. I am happy with the profile and feel it is the best formulation without the use of Penubit, which is important to me as I have had the dreaded withdraws from it in the past.

Taste + Mix + Dose

One of the more nasty tasting supplements, not something I looked forward to drinking and in fact I would add water flavoring like MIO just for the taste.. Mixability was good enough, yet was a bit grainy with sediment. Dosing was typically about 1 serving, or a little bit less, and then sometimes a little bit more!

Effectiveness 8.4/10

Not much has changed for me in my sleeping routine, other than working 4 days instead of 3 now.. "Working 12 hour shifts at a hospital can really wear you out along with your body, as time to time you will be 7-8 hours into a shift when you realize that you have yet to go to the restroom because you have been that busy! I know all my fellow nursing/medical workers can tell you all about that, and thus your body is put into a little more stress especially when you are on your feet all day. So nonetheless I have come home very worn out, but not always have I been able to fall asleep. There are many distractions that cause some of this, which can be using my phone or watching T.V. before bed. I have been working at developing better bed time habits in which I get rid of those devices or limit the use. I normally will take a 5mg Melatonin Sublingual Tab before bed, and in 20-30 minutes I start to get sleepy. I can fight this feeling and stay on my phone watching something, but eventually it can wear off if not asleep soon enough. When I review a sleep aid I will discontinue the use of the Melatonin and take the sleep aid 30 minutes before bed." I want to mention that sleep is severely important for our overall health, due to the fact this is the time when our bodies do not have to work as hard and recovers most readily. Being that we typically do not get a full amount of sleep, it is helpful to make the sleep the most effective in the short amount of time in order to get the greatest benefit from it.

With the first time taking this I started out with about the 1/2 serving amount, just incase I would wake up groggy. I found myself starting to become a bit more sleepy within 30 minutes while using it, but not really knocking me out. I went up in the serving size to see if this would help me fall to sleep sooner, but it didn't seem to hit any harder on that note. I found myself not waking up in the middle of the night, and that I was more of a sound sleeper. I also felt more refreshed in the mornings, with more clarity but occasionally I would wake up groggy. I found that if I took this more than every couple nights (ie each night or two nights in a row), I would be a bit more groggy. I tried to only use this when I really needed to, and it helped most in those cases. Lastly I felt a bit more recovered most of the time, a bit less DOMS were noticed.

Value 7.4/10

This is one of the better formulated sleepaids with lots to offer, however the price is $60 per 30 servings costing $2 per serving which is expensive to me.. Now if you are able to see the effects with less than 1 serving it becomes better on the value, yet I would hope the cost would go down as it is carried in more stores.

Conclusion 7.9/10

This was a good experience and product to review, which I fell is something I can recommend if cost + taste isn't a bit issue for you. I would love those two areas improve, otherwise I think it is perfect of a formulation which makes me surprised it didn't hit stronger. I am all for having an option for less/non habit forming products, but just as PWO's without DMAA/DMHA it doesn't hit as strong as the Penubit counterparts.. Thank you Alpha for the opportunity to review this product!

Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!
  September 9, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Hydration
  • Improved Recovery
  • Reduced Fatigue
  • Taste
  • Fully Disclosed

Intro Supp Facts

VMI Sports has a variety of products that are all unique in their own ways, and most of the time they have proprietary blends sadly.. However it seems they are making a turn towards being fully disclosed, which I hope happens to all their products! This isn't your typical BCAA product, containing different dosages and forms of ingredients. What you get: Electrolytes, 7g 2:1:1 BCAA's instantized, 1/2 the clinical dosage of Betaine, and 400mg of Glutamine (MGG). What I love about this is the Instantized aminos, and not stoping at 5g's. Also I love having MGG and electrolyes, however I would have loved to see EAA's included as well. Lastly I was currently on keto when I claimed this product with the intention of using it while on Keto, however once I received it I stopped keto or around that time. I mention this due to out of the 3 flavors only 1 is without maltodextrin, which will kick you out of Keto and sucralose can spike as well. So I guess this is only important due to the fact I was in the Keto mindset, and wishing the sugar content was disclosed. Great formula none the less, unique and clinical or efficient!

Taste Mix Dose

Cherry Lime Italian Ice, what a flavor and unique option! I was thrilled to get this one and enjoyed the sweetness each use. It tastes really good, but not overly sweet due to exclusion of maltodextrin :) Mixability was excellent, which I have always had great results from Instantized Aminos. Dosing for me was 1-2 scoops intra or post. In addition to those dosing standards I did take this at work or on my off days for recovery as needed. Lastly I want to note that none of this above (taste + mixability) affects the review scoring just FYI, while dosing might impact it via the value rating.

Effectiveness 8.5/10

I did take it with a Pre Workout before training on several occasions, which it certainly was effective at providing additional energy. Also when I did take this as an intra with a product that had similar ingredients it did perform at 1 scoop with greater endurance. Hydration was excellent, but I have had better such as other products I've reviewed with coconut powder and taurine coupled with BCAA's. And at two scoops it was somewhat better, but wasn't warranted for the 2 scoops. Endurance + Energy is an aspect that is tied to the overall synergistic effects for this profile, which was good at keeping you going for the workout. Recovery is the main reason that I wanted this product, and it was the most effective aspect which it did deliver completely in this regard. DOMS were diminished and overall recovery felt more enhanced compared to not taking a recovery supplement/aid.

Value 7.5/10

You can find this product online for as low or high as $28 at 30 servings, costing you $0.97 per serving.. I am not really into paying that much for an addition supplement that aids in recovery vs the protein shakes I also typically would take, but these are instantized aminos so they should work better lol. Of course all BCAA's are really luxury products, so if you have the cash go ahead and get this one.

Overall 8/10

I enjoy taking aminos, if not just for the taste (RIP Rich Piana). I was satisfied with this product and would recommend it to others, however I don't feel it out performed any of the recent BCAA's that I had reviewed more recently. Thank you VMI for allowing us to review your products, and I apologize for the delay in writing the review.

Thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for sending it out!
      September 9, 2017

• Worst Clumping
    • Poor Mixability
    • Needs Better Value Or Servings

Intro Supp Facts

Dymatize has come out with some very weak Preworkouts in the past, but they were trying for a unique approach rather than a cookie cutter appeal.. And they have done the same thing here, making a unique product formulation! A few things I like about it: actual clinical and efficient dosages, 8g CM rather than just 6g, Patented ingredients BA Betaine Nitrosigine Theacrine, NALT which is my favorite form of tyrosine, and to top it off you get 250mg of Vitamin C which is essential for the pump aspect. A couple things I would like changed personally is the Taurine, which is great for cheap and free energy it actually competes for the same receptors as Beta Alanine. Everything makes up 20g, but you would think that it has clumps in the formula.. Someone needs to work on anti clumping ingredients!

Taste Mix Dose

Cotton Candy, you will either love it or hate it.. SWEET!! And the flavor seemed dependent on how often you shake it between sipping, sediment is a constant here. If you manage to break the clumps before the water hits it, it seemed to help as it was a scoop shaped clump mostly. Dosing I really on hit 1 serving, even if you wanted more focus/energy the Beta Alanine would make you want to scratch your head off.

Effectiveness 8.5/10

I continue to run my normal routine of working out 3-4 days a week based upon my work schedule, and only take stimulants via my Pre-Workout so I have a mild if any tolerance build up yet it wasn't notice while taking PWO. Have you had tingling issues with Beta Alanine, well that is something I felt a lot when using this preworkout! Head scratch city!! When it came to endurance the BA did its part, boy it felt good! Strength was good with the Betaine, which wasn't noticeable of an increase nor decrease. There were plenty of pumps with 8g of Citrulline Malate, which if any of you have had more than 6g you know 8g trumps it if you can stomach it as I had no issues. Couple that with the Nitrosigine and Vitamin C then it became even stronger of pumps, which were very potent for me use. The focus from the Theanine + Caffeine did provide a good amount of focus, very nice indeed with great energy as well with little to no crash yet wasn't the big slap in the face that I enjoy at times.

Value 7/10

As noted by others you can find this for $40 at 20 servings, costing you $2 per serving. This is more expensive than I would like, and certainly being that there are more comparable products out there for much less. I see the patented ingredients do cost more, but if the cost was closer to $1.50 a serving I would be a happier camper. Hopefully we will see the servings come up or the price come down in the future, along with other issues like CLUMP.

Conclusion 7.2/10

Overall I am glad I had a chance to review this product, as I was excited once I saw this come up on the troops after seeing it on Stack3d. The product does perform well, and has a good formula to back it up. I would ultimately recommend this to people if the issues were fixed (cost and clumping), but otherwise I would suggest waiting for their next batch. Unfortunately the cost is much higher than I would like in my stack, and also the clump is just out of control really. Sorry for the delay in my review, thank you Dymatize for the chance to review this product along with the shirt/shaker cup package as that was also appreciated.

Thanks to Giant Sports International for sending it out!
      September 6, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Prop Blends
    • Improves Workout Performance
    • Potentially Deceiving Ketone Strip Testing
    • Poor Current Research On BHB
    • More Expensive Than Obama Care

Introduction + Supplement Facts

Introduction + Supplement Facts

Going into using this product I had been on keto for 2 weeks, which was the first time I've gone greater than 48 hours with a restrictive carbohydrate diet such as this one. From the get-go I had ketostix which rarely detected much of anything, which maybe due to the fact I was utilizing all my Ketone bodies or was efficient on the lower amount I had used. I continued use of the ketostix while using this product which obviously showed ketones in the urine due to the excessive amount ingested while taking in the product, but in short is not a reliable way of showing ketosis where the breathing Ketone reader would be. I had not done much research on BHB salts AKA exogenous Ketones, but I waited a week before starting this product to compile the research for best utilization. The ingredients for this product are useful when you are on keto, but it isn't going to do as believed.. You only get into keto from diet, this supplement will not do it for you! That being said I like that this product is helpful to use during a workout, and helpful when low on energy but would have been better at times to use MCT oil.

Mixability + Taste + Dosing

I found the mixability being somewhat of an issue, which it had sediment at the recommended serving mixture. I was able to do the swirl and drink however, so it was not a major drawback. Taste was really sweet to me, and I am not a big fan of Raspberry anything so it is nice to see other flavors are coming out now. Dosing was 15-30 minutes before the gym, or on occasion I would mix it right at the gym. I only used 1 serving at a time, but did use an extra serving on a couple times to see if there was an improved effect.

Effectiveness 3/10

When starting this product I had been in Keto for a little over 2 weeks, which was the first experience I had with carb restriction below 50g per day which actually was 20-30g typically for me. I had been on a lower carb diet for sometime before that which was around 100g per day, with the occasional cheat day/meal heading up to 150-200g per day. Ultimately I was seeing progress with weight loss before using this product, and I was just getting into the meat of things literally. On a normal day while using this product I would not have a meal, and if I had anything to eat/drink it would be broth with MCT or other Oil/Butter. I also only ran this product on my workout days, but otherwise I tried it once in a fasted state for readings. The keto sticks never really showed any change for me going into this product, nor while on it. During the workouts I was able to see some increased endurance with a bit of focus enhancement but not a whole lot nor what you would during a preworkout. Being this product is exogenous Ketones you will use these before using your own or rather producing your own, which means that you are essentially stalling your own progress while using this product. Being there are only 20 actual servings (and I used 1.5 servings a couple times), I wasn't able to truly notice the fat loss effects from this product alone. I ultimately found this product poorly effective to the claims, and nothing truly special..

Value 2.5/10

You can finally find this for $41.99 costing $2.10 per serving, which is TOO DAMN HIGH! Seriously this wasn't much improvement over MCT Oil, and it would cost less to add your on Carnitine etc just to hit similar if not better effects. In this day and age with Keto gaining popularity more products are coming out for this purpose, and many are cheaper.. However at this time there weren't any FULLY DISCLOSED labels as this product, or highly dosed. And believe it or not but this was not the most expensive products of this kind to date, which some go into the $3 range! Ultimately I am placing the value of this on the terms of effectiveness coupled with value vs other products on the market.

Conclusion 2.7/10

This review was one of those products which you think to yourself "why did I review this" because the effects weren't worth the trouble or efforts. I see more products like this coming out, and hopefully something more effective or research driven will be around.. but until then I couldn't recommend taking this product to anyone. I apologize for the delay in this review, but thank you for the opportunity Giant!

Thanks to RSP for sending it out!
      July 8, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improves Recovery
    • Hydration

Supp Facts Intro

Major props to RSP for the 2 tubs they sent! This product has everything you really could ask for in the BCAA category: electrolytes, 6g 2:1:1 BCAA, coconut powder for added hydration, citrulline malate which aids in recovery due to vasodilation, and Bioperine for adsorption. I am happy with the dosages, along with the ingredients in general. I would like to see this without the dyes, but really I don't think I could ask for more.

Supp Facts Intro

Taste Mix Dose

The flavor I received was Fruit Punch, but I have had many RSP products of various flavors and also in their Regen BCAA's. All flavors are good, and tastes great with some being a bit sweeter than others. Mixability was really good with no foam sediment or floaters. Dosing was 1 serving each time, with multiple servings per day at times based on activity.

Effectiveness 8.4/10

I always try to focus on what I am running in supplements, for various reasons. One main reason is aminos are more versatile, especially if you are maintaining or cutting in your diet and routine. I wanted to stress this, because it is often that people will think they work differently or both are needed always (can be beneficial). The whole purpose to take this product is to help accelerate your recovery, and allowing you to build more muscle overtime. I try to keep my diet consistent with my carb and protein intake in addition to staying well hydrated. I was in a cutting diet and high rep/endurance program at both times of using this product. I felt my muscle soreness was much less when I kept my dosing consistent and had maintained my diet, also DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) was less occurring. While it was minor, I did experience some pumps when taking this intra workout depending on how many carbs I had that morning. Strictly as a BCAA product I feel it easily earned a 8/10, but with the other additions the merit was a bit higher giving it a better score.

Value 8/10

There are multiple serving sizes with various deals all the time, but currently I was able to find it on Amazon for $10 costing $0.34 per serving. I feel this is an excellent value, and the other sizes do come out fairly close in price per serving.

Overall 8.2/10

A simple yet effective staple to add to your stack, or at least utilize on those heavier days with more compound movements. I would say to keep this going for as long as you can afford it, but it isn't always necessary to run especially if you are already using protein powder post workout.

(SR paid for product; Merica Labz did not participate)
        June 21, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Solid Pumps
      • Clinical Efficient Dosages
      • Fully Transparent
      • Great Energy
      • Strong Focus
      • Good Endurance
      • Mixability
      • Extremely Sweet Taste

Supp Facts / Intro

Supp Facts / Intro

I giant apology to SR for the delay in writing this review, due to other issues. I am typing this while feeling so sleepy, boy I would love to have some of Red White BOOM! I originally wanted to review this due to the pretty large hype train taking out, and wow this time the hype was REAL! Everything in this product is Clincally or Efficiently Dosed, of course DMHA is in here but otherwise this is a pretty basic and not necessarily impressive. You have everything that you need in a preworkout, Pump + Strength + Endurance + Focus. I like the profile due to the great dosages, but feel it is lacking in ingredients etc.. Isn't that what the industry wants? They want you to think more is better even if the dosages are crap, and this product comes in strong showing more ins't always better!

The taste is really really really sweet! Not a bad flavor, but it was a bit too sweet. The mixability wasn't all that great as there was residue at the bottom which must be creatine and it tasted horrible and I would suggest not drinking it unless you are needing that 5g of Creatine.. Dosing for me was 1 full serving each time at least, with an exception of a heaping dose a couple of times.

Effectiveness 9/10

From the first sip you can tell this is going to be a good Pre-Workout aside from the overly sweet taste, and all the following servings were the same in terms of effectiveness. I have been working out 3 or 4 days a week based upon my work schedule, and only take stimulants via my Pre-Workout so I have a mild if any tolerance build up yet it wasn't notice while taking RWB. Going down the list I was able to see and feel the noticeable pumps, and they were solid! I was on a low carb with cycling carbs at first, and then I started doing keto which still showed powerful pumps! I was surprised as it seemed more potent on pumps than other products containing CM as the primary or only pump enhancer. The endurance was just as expected, being that these ingredients are clinically dosed I was able to notice the Endurance as well. Strength was maintained with the 5g Creatine, but might have been influenced by the better workouts overall. I was able to feel the immediate strong focus and energy when taking this, with no noticeable crash in any regard which seems to be the opposite to the other DMHA products I have reviewed which always have given me anxiety as the high comes down. I feel the energy was the least

Value 8.8/10

This is where I felt a bit surprised, as the price is around $40 for 25 servings.. But the item shows discontinued in a few stores, which makes me think the DMHA is being replaced. The cost per serving is $1.60 and I don't think it is overpriced for the effectiveness, and I know it is potent with patented ingredients making the value better.

Conclusion 8.9/10

When I was talking to Tommy about this product I felt unimpressed, but I think it was really about the hype making it bigger than it seemed to be. I am very impressed on how well this product worked for me, and I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone wanting to hit it hard! Thank you Tommy and SR for the opportunity to review this product, and again I apologize for the massive delay!

Thanks to MyProtein for sending it out!
        June 9, 2017

• Great Recovery
      • Great In Water Or Milk
      • High Quality

Supplement Facts

Supplement Facts

With the use of SR and the Troops I can't say my purchasing of products has stopped, in fact I believe it is just as much yet rather justified or proven effective purchases. For me the most frequent purchase I make would be from Myprotein, which it typically their Isolate or Aminos with the addition of their protein bars also on occasion. To say the least I am a fan of them, and with good reason as I have purchased + reviewed + seen the labdoor testing proving them to be ahead of the curve on quality and value. With the addition of The Whey, it is something that isn't necessary new with a whey blend adding some digestive enzymes yet it is a better quality formulation due to the order of ingredients. I loved the Gaspri Myofusion back in the day which was a very "similar" product, and damn if I miss the peanut butter cookie flavor! This isn't isolate or a typical why blend, which is due to the enyzymes and the flavoring I believe being stepped up a notch from their typical products. We have a low carb and fat profile with 25g of protein and the added digestive enzymes for digestion, bringing us to 78% protein per serving which is a great content vs many of the other products on the market for blended proteins!

Taste Mixability Dosing

The flavor I got was chocolate fudge, which was really tastier and improved from their normal flavoring. Most flavors from MyProtein are on the weaker flavoring side but that just means you get more protein for your money, yet this product proved to be the best of both worlds. Mixability was fine, with not issues mixing or foaming up. I simply dosed this based on my dieting needs, which would be smaller than a scoop at time and all the way up to 2 scoops.

Effectiveness 9/10

Realistically rating a product such as this really comes down to how well it was utilized in your diet, and how well it was digested (ie no irritable bowels or issues with consumption). I was able to fit this protein product into my daily supplementation to fill in the gaps for my macro needs, or to replace them in relation to convenience. I have added this into my pancake mixture in order to hit my macros for the day, and the flavoring was strong enough to make them taste like chocolate pancakes/waffles. I didn't have any issues digesting this product, nor did I feel it had any issues with retaining my fullness when utilized in between meals. I found that my recovery when using this product alone was enhanced, but I typically will use a protein powder after the gym regardless and there wasn't much of a improvement using this product that I could notice on that note.

Value 8.2/10

I feel the value of this product is comparable, especially if you buy it right when they have their sales. However, the 4.4lb tub comes to $0.92 a serving which is a bit much to me for the added digestive enzymes. Of course one could argue that the enhanced absoption due to the DE will increase the potency of this product vs a plain isolate or blend. At any rate, my value placed on this product is as is and yet I would purchase it in the future as needed.

Overall 8.6/10

I highly recommend Myprotein to everyone I know that asks me what protein powder to use etc, while I may not always go with the Isolate I will always choose MyProtein for their quality and value which is set above all others.

Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for sending it out!
          May 28, 2017

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Better Recovery
        • Decreased DOMS
        • Energy
        • A Little Expensive
        ----Intro, Ingredients----
        ----Intro, Ingredients----
        I typically wont use any carbs for intra workout, but I thought I would give this a run along with using it post workout for help replenishing the glycogen for helping recovery. I typically read my labels from top to bottom, so looking here I see that there is 6g of protein yet nothing is disclosed to where the protein is coming from. I believe that they are considering the 6g of protein being from the 5g BCAA + 1g of EAA, which is not correct and should be fixed in the future. I am not sure how the laws are in their country, but that is literally what Amino Spiking is (yet this product isn't marketed for its protein content). Moving forward we get 6g of Dextrose, which is the simplest form of sugar and not HBCD which is the better form in our purpose. This is the particular reason I stated in the title "some pixie stick sugars added", as many people know you can add simple sugars such as dextrose from candy to help replenish your glycogen aiding in recovery. 6g isn't really much, but think of this ingredient as a extra freebie. 5g 2:1:1 BCAA which is the standard clinical dosage, and an effective amount. 1g of EAA which is fine, but I never really have noticed it working too much in the past. Actigin is also here, which is for absorption and is dosed appropriately. Ultimately the formula is a good solid profile, but it contains dyes Ace K and artificial sweeteners if you are not a fan.

----Taste, Mixability, Dosing----
        The flavor I was able to try was the Strawberry Margarita, and it was a unique and tasty flavor. It really was more of a strawberry flavor, but had a hint of lime taste to it with sugar rather than the salt on the rim. Mixability was a little foamy, which typically is due to the EAA I find but it settled down with not much of an issue. When it came to dosing it was as I typically run my BCAA products as intra workout or on my non workout days. I typically had 1-2 serving depending on the exercise group performed that day or how sore I felt. In addition I used this product pre working out and post working out.

Effectiveness (8.2/10)

I like to keep an amino product on hand and was thankful that this has come along, as I want to continue with recovery as best as possible. With this product it was a bit more concerning for me with the added sugar at times, which was mostly at 2 servings yet 18g of sugar isn't a huge issue. I have been cutting for the greater part of the past 4 months, and started heading toward keto. Needless to say carbs ala sugar can be a problem. I was able to use this product mainly as a post workout for the expense of the carbs, but also I used it as a pre working out supplement along with intra. I did take it with a Pre Workout before training on several occasions, which it certainly aided in the effectiveness of that preworkout in terms of energy as the BCAA's will convert the glycogen. DOMS were diminished and overall recovery felt more enhanced compared to not taking a recovery supplement, with the addition of less fatigue in my day to day. Overall I felt this product lived up to what other effective BCAA products I have taken, but nothing exceptional.

Value (7.5/10)

I was able to find this only sold on their website which typically means it is going to cost more, and that is the case. For 60 servings it costs $45 or $0.75 per serving, which I find to be a bit expensive for my tastes.. I didn't find this much more effective for recovery than your typical BCAA product, and if you are wanting to ingest simple sugars you can find you cheaper sugars in the candy isle and add it post workout saving you some money.

Overall (7.8/10)

I would recommend this product if you would like something different with a lot of servings, but only if you have a little extra cash to use. I enjoyed using this product, and I thank Outbreak for the opportunity to review it.

Thanks to Top Tier Athletics for sending it out!
          May 18, 2017

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Deep Restful Sleep
        • Effective At Putting You Out
        • Great Value
        • Potency
        • Transparent Label
        • Fully Dosed
        • Hangover
        • Withdraws
        • Habbit Forming
        ---- Supplement Facts & Introduction ----
        ---- Supplement Facts & Introduction ----
        With life being so busy at times it can be helpful to have a sleepaid on deck, but I don't need a prescription nor want to take pharmaceuticals.. So I turn to supplements, and for a good reason.. Effectiveness, without the damaging effects to our liver along with dosage control especially in powder form. There are many aspects that I like about this label: fully disclosed label, well formulated, efficient dosages, and not overloading the phenubit! L-Tryptophan is a unique and good addition, as I can't think of any products that particularly contain this ingredient let alone this great of a dosage. If you have read any of my other sleep aid reviews you will know my issue is the large amounts of phenubit due to it being habit forming and experiencing withdraws. The worst part of many products is the fact that they will hide the dosage in a proprietary blend, this includes the likes of Hi-Tech (shady behavior, but I won't rant here). 500mg of phenubit is a good maintenance dose, but it still is something to be considerate of due to tolerance build up also. Integrity has stated in a comment to another review "the addictive dose is 3g+ over the course of a month", which I disagree as I have become addicted (aka habit formed) with lower dosages of consistent usage. Lastly my container showed only 6mg of melatonin which is what the owner stated reducing from 10mg, which is good for me as I take 5mg per night when I am not reviewing a sleep aid. I like this formula as it isn't too strong on dosages where a user could get knocked out and wake up groggy, yet strong enough to allow for half dosing for beginners or those with fewer time to sleep.

---- Taste, Mixability, Dosing ----
        Watermelon, really it has never been a great supplement flavor with this product not being an exception. It taste too artificial and sweet, but since I take it before going to bed I am able to brush my teeth soon after. Mixability is fine with no issues here. Dosing was done as indicated above for need or hours of sleep available, with that being 1/2 serving to 1 full serving.

Effectiveness (8.8/10)

I want to mention that sleep is severely important for our overall health, due to the fact this is the time when our bodies do not have to work as hard and recovers most readily. Being that we typically do not get a full amount of sleep, it is helpful to make the sleep the most effective in the short amount of time in order to get the greatest benefit from it. With the first time taking this I started out with a 1/2 serving, especailly since the serving gram dosage wasn't given. I found myself starting to fall asleep within 15-20 minutes while using it, for most of the container. Eventually I went up in the serving size to accommodate the tolerance build up, which was judged based on how well I would sleep by not sleeping as long or how I felt in the mornings. In my previous experience using FinaFlex G8 the build up of phenubit in my system caused me to have a hangover for 2 days.. Fortunately that never happened with KD, with most nights I was using it and I normally would sleep for 6-8 hours but definitely could sleep longer. On my days off that I used KD I would sleep closer to 9 hours which is plenty for me. I am used to only sleeping 6-7 hours a night, and while using this product I would still sleep that amount of time but would wake up more refreshed. Ultimately this product was perfect in getting me to fall asleep faster, allowing me to stay asleep, waking up feeling very rested!

Side Effects

As noted in previous sleep aid reviews, phenubit is very addictive.. I have experienced withdraws yet again while reviewing this product. I had partial insomnia when I didn't take this product, and not just after the completion but rather the days in between not taking it! Which would make me want to take it even more, thus giving a greater addiction. It took me a good week with no sleep aids including not Melatonin (wasn't necessary), which I had withdraws from it fairly bad. Other than that I also have had some groggy mornings, which is to be expected.

Value (8.4/10)

Surprisingly the cost on this product is actually cheap! Especially considering how well dosed it is and the servings. You can find it on their website for $30 at 30 servings giving you $1 per serving, and even more value is to be had if you use 1/2 a serving! I defiantly find the value of this product to be exceedingly well.

Overall (8.6/10)

I can recommend this product easily for it being well formulated and effective, yet the value is also good. It isn't in my top 5 sleep aids that I have reviewed, but it does have its pros. Don't expect it to be the strongest product ever, yet be cautious when taking it.

10x Review reminder: please update the status of Integrity Nutrition - Keep Dream-IN

Thanks to Savage Supplements for sending it out!
          May 11, 2017

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Good Focus
        • Endurance
        • Good Pump
        • Fully Transparent
        • DMAA Crash
        • Anxiety
        ----Introduction & Supplement Facts----
        ----Introduction & Supplement Facts----
        Siren, lures you into the cliffs.. Boy I heard this calling my name, and I am happy I was able to review it. In particular I am happy I was able to review it due to narrowing out how effective DMAA is verses what was on the market otherwise. Like most of those who are reading this review, I have taken plenty of preworkouts and some contained DMAA/DMHA/AMP C or other new stimulants. The point I am getting at is that I have been able to test and try many stimulants, and it isn't always about having the strongest stimulant but how well the ingredients work synergistically. Starting off we have 4 grams of citrulline malate 2 to 1 ratio which is under par compared to the majority of fully dosed products on the market, short by 2 grams or 4 grams if you are like me and require a full clinical dosed 8 gram serving. The second ingredient listed is beta alanine at 3 grams rather than the clinical dosage of 3.2 grams, which is a bummer but 200 milligrams probably does not make a whole lot of difference in the big scheme of things. Next is Betaine which is underdosed as well only containing 1.5 grams rather than the 2.5 grams for the clinical study. Agmatine sulfate is efficiently dosed at 1 gram, which is a great dosage but would be better at 1.5 grams. The next few ingredients are good and nothing I'll complain about (minus the very low dosage on beet root extract at 150 milligrams, which should be at 500 milligrams at least otherwise don't even included), and the NALT dosage is good at 600mg. Now we are getting to the interesting section of the ingredients, which we start off with 300 milligrams of caffeine and that is enough to get you going and yet competitive enough with the direction of the pre-workout Market. 75 mg of DMAA which is probably a stronger dose than most of the products back when DMAA was big and not partially illegal, adding 75 mg of Eria Jarensis which works like dmaa but isn't as strong and would have been better if dosed at 125 milligrams (heavier hitting also). Last but not least we have 30 milligrams of Noopept, which is a great high dosage if you do not look at the 50 milligram dosage in Azoth. Overall this product would have been killer back when DMAA ran rampant, but nowadays it isn't as high on the list in such a way that I personally can compare it to Ferox which did not contain DMAA or Eria yet was a stronger hitting and effective product.. Still this product is dosed very well, and has good makings for an effective competitor.

----Taste, Mixability, & Dosing----
        Blackberry lemonade is the flavor that I chose, which had a very bitter taste due to the stimulants and citrulline malate. It certainly wasn't the worst flavor that I have had, and was indeed drinkable. Mixability was great and I had no issues otherwise. When it came to dosing thing I started with 1 serving 30 minutes before the gym, and eventually tried 1.25 servings and also 3/4 of a serving due to being later in the day.

(7.9/10)
        As always I typically tried to take one week off stimulants to give my adrenal glands a chance to reset or rejuvenate in preparation for a new pre-workout or stimulant product. I have been continuing forward with my cutting program and diet, in which case my carb intake was reduced for the most part and in some cases I have increased the carb intake in order to gauge the effectiveness of the pump and endurance, eliminating the factor of diet. When it came to energy I could definitely tell that DMAA and Eria was in this product, as my energy levels were very strong and steady. Unfortunately this product was not an exception to the rule of tolerance build up especially concerning these two ingredients. There was never a high as when I first took this product, even when I had taken a few days off stimulants during the review. Realistically I would keep this product stashed away for a rainy day and would refrain from using it more than one to two times a month, unfortunately I lacked the luxury of extra time in this review. The endurance was definitely there, but I felt it being more lackluster than the typical products that I have been reviewing. The beta alanine is underdosed, even though it was just a little yet enough to notice a difference. Where I normally felt I could go the extra 1-2 reps I didn't have that drive while using siren even while on my higher carb days. For me the focus was actually pretty good, as I felt the distractions melt away. Lastly was pump, which surprised me.. Pumps were most always noticeable, even when I hadn't had any carbs that day before the gym. And on those days that I had my higher carb days or added a carb meal before the gym, well that is when it felt more of the skin splitting!

Side Effects

The side effects were expected as many know that I typically will find myself having greater moments of anxiety when the stimulants wear out, and then that leads to the dreaded crash which makes me want to go take a nap. Of course in favor of siren it could be marketed as a sleep aid in conjunction with a pre-workout, as I always joke with my friend then he does not have any adrenal glands left.. Well that is about how I feel when the crash starts, with lackluster energy fading fast.

(7.5/10)
        Being a new product and brand it cost more then I would be willing to pay, has on their website it is sold for $50 for 30 servings which is $1.66 per serving. Fortunately there is website called Cobra supplements which has this product 4 $40 which is $1.33 per serving making it have a greater value. At this cost per serving I am comfortable paying that much,but would like the ingredient dosages tweaked a bit as mentioned above. The consumer and manufacturer are always at battle when it comes to quantity and quality, as the brand needs to make money yet the consumer continues to want more more for what they are paying. I am sure smaller brands are at a disadvantage for cost, but ultimately I think the consumers are still missing out.

Overall

(7.7/10)
        In the start of this review I was comparing it in mind with ferox by chaos and pain, and the whole reason as to doing that is showing myself that you don't always need DMAA/Eria/Amp C/DMHA just to get a solid experience. My experience with this product was much like the flavor, bittersweet. I am still recommending this product because I believe it is better than many products on the market, yet it isn't high on my personal list. Again I am happy to experience this product and the chance to review it, so thank you Savage for your participation!