kaka

MVRs

First Bloods

Votes Cast

*Rookie League

Comments

*Rookie League

Forum Posts

Try Requests

TROOPer Level

Completed Missions

*Rookie League

*Rookie League = only among other members in their first year on SR. kaka will be eligible for rookie league trophies for another 125 days.

Reviews by kaka

Thanks to LabTech Nutraceuticals for sending it out!
  October 16, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Beta Alanine
  • No Side Effects
  • Mostly Ineffective
  • Major Loss Of Power

First of all many thanks to the Troops Program and to LabTech Nutraceuticals for giving me the chance to try this and apologies for forgetting to press the start button for 4 days.

Let's get straight to the point

Beta Alanine 700mg
Citrulline Malate 2:1 400mg
Beet Root Powder 350mg
Glycerol Monostrate 200mg

You got a decent amount of Agmatine Sulfate for those pumps along with a relatively new version of Arginine called Nitrosigine which is a compound that is made by arginine, inositol, and potassium silicate. Nitrosigine is a bit underdosed (reported minimum dosage is 750mg). I would just rather have plain Arginine or AAKG but it's ok. Next we have is Beta Alanine which is a effective but a relatively cheap ingredient to help you with endurance. Lastly we got Citrulline Malate, Beet Root and Glycerol on negligible amounts and propably won't do anything. I was quite troubled with the combination of Agmatine, Arginine and Citrulline because they use the same receptors. More details on the Effectiveness sector.

Beet Root Rant:
Lastly, i can't understand the new obsession with Beet Root. Many companies lately include it in their pump or pre-workout products for the nitrate content but on very low amounts to be effective even if you have other pump ingredients (usually 1000mg). A 180 pound person would need at least 450 mg of nitrates from beetroot extract (many of us weight more than 180 pounds and we would need a higher quantity). The problem is that Beta vulgaris L. contains only 1% - 1.5% nitrate per gram of raw material and that's if a supplement brand is using the best quantity. Even if we use the best possible scenario (1.5% nitrates) you still get only 15mg occurring nitrates from beets per 1g which a negligible amount. You would need to consume 30g of Beet Powder from the best quality (1.5% nitrates per gram) to reach the target of 450mg nitrates. The only product that i have seen over 1g is Tectanic Red which contains 19grams and tastes like crap. Companies just add it because people think that it actually helps them....

No taste or mixability because they are pills. Medium sized capsules that are fairly easy to swallow. One serving is 4 capsules 20minutes before workout out. I strongly believe that Pump Products are meant to be stacked with a Pre-Workout so i took them with my Pre. You can't expect to have the energy and focus from a Pump Product like you would have from a Pre-Workout.

4.5/10

1 Serving:
On the first 5 days i tried one serving and i felt nothing in terms of Pumps, Vascularity or Endurance....Absolutely nothing. I couldn't get a pump.... The irony is that taking my pre as standalone i would always have some kind of pump (sometimes decent, sometimes great) thanks to 6-7g of Citrulline but when i combined them together with this i couldn't get anything and i was pretty disappointed.

2 Servings:
So i upped to 2 servings for the next 10-11 days. On the first two days i would have some great pumps so i figured we are doing something now and i was quite impressed but unfortunately it was a placebo effect. On the latter 8 days pumps were at best below-average (i wouldn't consider them even decent just very slightly improved). Vascularity didn't really much improved my veins were slightly more pronounced but nothing that impressed me and endurance were exactly the same as without it. Some days i would even break the capsules and add them directly to my pre-workout but with no improvement...

3 Servings:
On my last days with this product i upped to 3 servings to check if things will get better. At last i would have some decent pumps considerably better than 1 or 2 servings. Vascularity was again decent with veins being bigger and more pronounced (ofc nothing like skin ripping). Endurance was slightly improved especially on cardio.

The main problem:
I experienced a major loss of power on all dosages i have tried. For example some 8 reps became 5 reps and even with those reps i was really strangling. I knew for sure that my strength was in trouble. Nothing changed in terms of workout, sleep or diet. After ending the container my strength quickly come back to normal and this 5 strangling reps became 8 relatively easy reps. I believe the main suspect for this is the combination of Agmatine and Nitrosigine that somewhat counter each other because they use the same receptors (Both arginine and citrulline are antagonistic to the effects of agmatine towards nNOSO). It matches the loss of power (Citrulline as standalone increases my strength by 2-3 reps and gives me almost always some kind of pump). You will probably ask why then combine your pre that contains Citrulline with this? Simply because the company states on their website to combine this with their pre that already contains 8g of Citrulline and because almost all pre-workouts contain some quantity of Citrulline these days.

Overall a mostly ineffective product considering the fact that i had to increase to 3 servings (12 pills) to get a decent pump along with a big loss of strength on all dosages which a huge problem for me.

44.99 Dollars for 50 servings. I needed 3 servings to have decent pumps so the price per serving goes to 2.7 Dollars which i wouldn't even spend on a product that gives me killer pumps.

Side Effects

Nothing at all.

Conclusion

I can't recommend this to anyone based on my experience and i wouldn't buy this but I believe LabTech Nutraceuticals is a solid company overall and won't write them off based on one product. This is just their bad "apple" which every company on the market has one way or the other.

Overall
Overall
4.3
4.5
  September 23, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decent Taste
  • No Side Effects
  • Misleading Label

I had two choices either pick EVERBUILD PRE Build as standalone for 20 dollars or getting Pre Build with Lean Whey 1lbs for 20dollars on a promo stack.
They wanted to get rid Lean Whey because it expires on December. So i bought before 2 months five of them.

In a first glance the profile looks pretty solid but don't get too excited. Per 26g of serving you get 20.6g of Protein consisting of Whey Protein Isolate, Concetrate and Milk Protein Isolate. Isolate for fast digestion, Concentrate for fast digestion again but slower than Isolate and Milk Protein for the casein ratio (Milk Protein consists 78-82% Casein and 18-22% Whey). Casein is a slow digestion protein. Along with these goodies you get a negligible amounts of Safflower Oil (312mg), Green Tea Extract (78mg) and L-Carnitine 130mg. I don't think that these amounts will affect any way your recovery or your protein intake.

Now let's begin with the details which make the difference. Label can be misleading. In big letters on the bottom of Nutrition Information you get some info that this whey contains 9.2 g of EAA's, 7.2 g Conditionally Essential Amino Acids and 4.2g Non Essential Amino Acids. Your first thinking is "Wow what a a great company they give us some info about the amino acids in this protein". Wrong! They don't mention the quantity of each amino acid and they don't mention the amount of BCAA's in the chart (But they mention that you get 4.6 g BCAA's with small letters on the bottom of the package and you will have to search a bit).

The main problem is the order of EAA's. EAA's contain our lovely BCAA's which personally they help me more than other amino acids (Only If Leucine has more quantity than the other two). In this chart Valine is second, Isoleucine is forth and Leucine is fifth (EAA's are 8 amino acids). That means Leucine is less than the other two BCAA's (they don't place them with alphabetical order). Usually almost all my Whey Protein powders that have the quantity of each amino acid disclosed have a 1.8-1-1 ratio of Leucine to Isoleucine and Valine. But this protein has less Leucine than Isoleucine and Valine on a 4.6 overall quantity of BCAA's which is pretty troubling.

But you may say that order doesn't matter at all and every company can place the ingredients with the order they like. I don't believe this for a simple reason (i might be wrong) i have seen many blend Whey Protein powders with first ingredient Concentrate and second ingredient Isolate or Hydrolyzed Whey. Why one company would place first Whey Concentrate (Concentrate is widely believed to be an less quality protein than Isolate or Hydrolyzed) and after Isolate/ Hydrosylate if they can place the ingredients with their order they wish? You will say that some companies are trustworthy that's why they place the true order. The keyword is "Some" companies are trustworthy. I don't really believe that all companies that place Concentrate first they care and want to tell the truth to their customers but because they have to. I might be grumpy but i don't believe everything one company advertises. I will look on the small letters for some clues.

I had the Strawberry fusion which is a pretty decent flavor with no chemical aftertaste at all. I am not really fond of Strawberry but i quite enjoyed it. Not the best taste but tolarable. Mixability was great even with 3 scoops on a 500ml water quantity. Just shake for 30 seconds.
Dosing was 3 scoops (61.8 protein) after working out.

My worst fears unfortunately come true. Doms were still there and only reduced very slightly. I could feel significantly tired like i haven't consumed a Protein Powder (first time that happens to me lol). I can't believe that it didn't helped me with recovery even with 60grams of Protein. I will also compare this with 60g of Whey Hydrosylate and 40g of Whey Concentrate. With 60grams of Whey Hydrosylate i wouldn't feel any Doms and i wouldn't be tired from my workout. Even with 40g of Whey Concentrate i would have a way better recovery than this product. Hydrosylate and Concentrate had a 1.8:1:1 ratio of BCAA's. Also sleeping patterns and diet were exactly the same. The good news are the good digestion with no side effects. No bloat, no stomach discomfort and no farts to mention.

I won't base value with the Promo Stack. It costs 32.87 Dollars for 2 lbs which is pretty expensive because it is largely ineffective.

Conclusion

They are way better Whey protein powders than this. I bought them basically for free on this promo stack but i believe i shouldn't. They only occupy some free space. I would like to say some good things about this product but unfortunately the only positives are decent taste (nothing extraordinary) and no side effects.

September 11, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Consistent Pumps
  • Strength

Hello everyone. I was looking for a Citrulline Malate or Citrulline product to add in times needed on pre-workouts.

This product contains only 200g Citrulline Malate 2:1 (Ratio of L-Citrulline to Malic acid). Each serving is 3g.

Citrulline Malate helps mainly with Strength (Muscular Endurance) and for Pumps. The only difference between Citrulline Malate and Citrulline is the added malic acid. In theory the malic acid will help you better in N.O production and energy. I have been using both types numerously times and haven't noticed a difference in performance but with Citrulline as standalone some times i would have an upset stomach (comparing 6g Citrulline Malate vs 4g Citrulline).

It tastes crap on it's own so simple add this on your workout. Doesn't affect the mixability of my pre-workouts but it will affect the taste to bitter. Dosing depends on what pre-workout i am using. Some might have sufficient dosage, others might be underdosed so added Dosages range between 2g to 4g. I like to have on my preworkout totally 6g Citrulline Malate on a 2:1 ratio (4g Citrulline- 2g Malic acid).

I think Citrulline Malate (or simply Citrulline) should be on everyone stack. It's extremely consistent. With 6g Citrulline Malate i would have almost all the times working out pumps. My workouts are 1.5 to 2 hours long and i would know after my first hour i would have some kind of pump. Honestly i can't remember one day i wouldn't have gotten at least a decent pump but just in case i will say almost. Some days pump would be decent, some days would be great. I think that depends on your workout, your diet etc. In terms of strength i would have an increase in reps by 1-2 (2 on most of my sets) which is pretty nice. Doesn't let you down it's there for you. I think it helps a bit in endurance too with slightly less recovery time between sets and improved cardio.

17.45 Dollars for 200g of Citrulline Malate is pretty a good deal.

Conclusion

Do you want some increased strength, endurance and some pumps? Then try some Citrulline. It will propably help you with your goals in a efficient way.

September 7, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Endurance
    • Tingles
    • Cheap

Hello everyone. I was looking for a Beta Alanine product to add on my pre-workout.

This product contains 200g Beta Alanine (each serving is 2g). Other Ingredients: ABSOLUTELY NONE.
      Beta Alanine helps mainly with Endurance. Clinical dosage is 3200mg.

Tastless but has a slight acidic taste nothing to worry about.
      Mixing it with my pre-workout doesn't affect the taste at all or affecting it's mixability on a negative way.

Beta Alanine helps mainly with Endurance. Clinical dosage is 3200mg.

Tastless but has a slight acidic taste nothing to worry about.
      You can dosage this any time of the day and still have good results but i prefer before working out because i love tingles. My pre already contains 2000mg and i simply add 1500mg from this product.

I experienced substantially less fatigue when working out, better recovery times between sets and helped me especially with cardio, i could push more which allowed me to increase my time easily. Honestly i can't imagine myself working out without Beta Alanine. It makes a big difference in terms of endurance.

I bought it for 16.83 Dollars. I use only 3/4 of the serving so one serving equals 0.12 Dollars which is a great price.

Side Effects

Some tingles sometimes when working out but i like them so no problem. If you hate tingles begin with half dose.

Conclusion

Simple and Effective like the title. Endurance is a very important aspect when i workout out. If you need something to help you with Endurance try some Beta Alanine, it won't cost you a fortune and it will probably help you.

August 14, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • No Dyes
      • Value
      • Ingredient Profile
      • Thermo Effect
      • Great Vascularity
      • Good Endurance
      • Intense Focus
      • Consistent
      • Great Strength
      • Drinkable
      • Sediment Can Cause You Nausea
      • Mixability
      • Sweating Like A Pig

Hello ladies and gentlemen. I bought this preworkout because i liked the ingredients profile and because it contains no dyes.

Strength/Vascularity/Pumps

Citrulline DL-Malate 6000mg
      AAKG 2000mg
      Creapure Creatine Monohydrate 2000mg
      Betaine HCL 1500mg

You got a clinical dose of Citruline Malate for Strength/Vascularity/Pumps along with AAKG which is great because i used to have good pumps with Arginine (old memories). Creapure and Betaine seems to be underdosed but they make a pretty good combo along with other strength ingredients like Citrulline, AAKG and BCAA's. They chose Betaine HCL (not Anhydrous) to help with digestion (temporarily) of this massive list of ingredients. Just make sure when you consume HCL you got some food on your stomach.

Strength/Endurance
      BCAA 8:1:1 5000mg
      Leucine 4000mg
      Isoleucine 500mg
      Valine 500mg
      Beta Alanine 2000mg

Nice quantity of BCAA's on a 8:1:1 to help you with strength and endurance. Beta Alanine for endurance and cardio which is bit underdosed (clinical dose is 3.2 g).

Focus
      L-Tyrosine 1000mg
      Choline Bipatarte 500mg
      Huperzine A 100mcg

Good quantity of Tyrosine (tends to be take in doses 500mg-2000mg) for Cognition, Stress, Subjective Well-Being and Focus. If you have a hyperactive thyroid you should be wary and avoid this just in case. They chose to play safe and instead of using DMAE they chose Choline which is a bit weaker than DMAE but possibly safer. Choline Bipatarte is for cognitive boosting properties which is a bit underdosed (1-2g is typically used) but i understand this because big doses may give the user a headache. Huperzine A is a acetylcholinesterase inhibitor and acetylcholine is known as the learning neurotransmitter on a good dosage (tends to be in the range of 50-200mcg daily). Overall nice dosages.

Energy
      Caffeine Anhydrous 250mg
      L-Carnitine Tartate 2000mg
      Capsicum Annum Extract 1000mg
      Synephrine 30mg

With 250mg of Caffeine some people would like more, some would like less but for me is pretty good quantity (i tend to avoid large dosages of Caffeine due to tolerance). Netherless for most this is a high quantity and if you are stim tolerant start with half scoop. I like the fact that they didn't just mop up this pre with Caffeine and other stims like most preworkouts on the market but they preferred the hard way and added some thermo effect ingredients on good dosages like Carnitine, Capsicum and Synephrine to increase heat and fat loss which they will give you some extra energy on your workout.

Anti-Cramping/Electrolytes
      Taurine 1000mg
      Sodium 250mg
      Potassium 150mg

Taurine mostly reduces cramping caused by fat burners (see above) which is a good pick. Some electrolytes so you don't product way too much heat thanks to the thermo effect.

Lastly i like that this pre-workout doesn't contain any dyes but they prefer to have natural colors like Chlorophyll and Curcumin which is great! I would like more companies choose this way.

Pre Builds come only on one flavor which is Blue Raspberry (what a big surprise hehe). Don't try this on "bro" scoop it is too bitter and you will mostly throw up and don't take this on a completely empty stomach (eat some crackers lol). On a 500ml quantity of water it tastes pretty good, a bit bitter but i kinda like that bitterness and it gets addicting after some time. I have tried some really bad flavors so this is pretty good.

Now for the bad news and the reason for the title. Mixability is decent but no matter how much you shake this you will have some sediment on the bottom. When you drink this and reach the bottom (50ml remaining) ALWAYS and i mean ALWAYS add some water or else you will throw up due to the excessive bitterness.

Dosing was two scoops (one serving) before 15-20 minutes of working out.

Strength (9.7/10)
      By far compared to other pre-workout i have tried. Simply amazing strength and i am not even kidding. Not only i noticed a moderate to big increase in weight but also an increase in reps by 2-4 which is pretty good. Consistent every time and not once disappointed me. Consistency is pretty important on strength and i believe this truly helped me.

Focus (9.5/10)
      The Focus which i like! Motivation to go to Gym, laser focus and not thinking anything else other than weights and cardio! When you lift everything else disappears and the only that exist in the room is you and the weights and nothing else! I wasn't fond of talking to others and i just wanted to lift.

Energy (9/10)
      A bit inconsistent but overall pretty good. For example most of the days energy would be intense, wanting to smash the weights and do some cardio and some days it would be a bit less intense more like clean, calm energy but definitely still there to help you. Both types of energy were consistent during my workout and i liked both. The most consistent thing is the intense heat and you will sweat like a pig every time (too too too much sweat) when you workout and especially on cardio in the beginning which i don't like a lot but hey i got some great energy. After 30-40 minutes you won't sweat so much at least. I think in terms of fat loss it worked because i look somewhat more leaner and with better definition on the mirror and many people told me that i looked pretty jacked lol. Despite using this for over a month i don't think i got a big increase in tolerance.

Endurance (8/10)
      Good endurance overall. Same recovery times between sets but don't forget that i raised the bar a lot on weights and reps so i think it did some work there. Also moderately better endurance on cardio. I just would like something more than that. Adding 1.5 g of Beta Alanine raised the score to 9/10. If they had included the clinical dosage of Beta Alanine this preworkout would be perfect for me.

Vascularity (9/10)
      Substantially more and bigger veins almost all the times working out which is great. Citrulline and AKKG did it's job superbly.

Pumps (8.5/10)
      I don't look for pumps in a workout at all (are you crazy? hm.....) but i included this for people that like them. Muscle fullness was on point after about 30-40 minutes of working out, i could feel my muscles fuller to the last minute of my workout and looking bigger. Good pumps most of the times but nothing that it will blow your socks off. This pre doesn't promise pumps so don't look out for the great pumps that will astonish you.

I bought this on a offer. 20 servings for 20 Euros plus 450g of Lean Whey Protein you simply can't beat that. Amazing value for such an effective product so i bought 2 more containers.

Conclusion

If you are looking for a well rounded pwo this will do the trick. I got some Great Strength, Intense Focus, Increased Energy along with Thermo Effect, Good Endurance and Vascularity and an Amazing Value. This is my favorite pre-workout so far and it definitely worth it's money.

August 5, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Extremely Light On Stomach
      • Excellent Value
      • Amazing Taste
      • Great Recovery
      • Good Texture
      • Amino Acid Profile
      • Excellent Mixability
      • No Percentage Of Hydrolyzation

Hello ladies and gentlemen. I always wanted to try Whey Hydrolysate and see for myself if it is better in terms of recovery than the other types of Whey.

One heaped scoop (30 grams) which it contains 24 grams of Whey Protein Hydrosylate, 100 calories, 0.5 grams of fat and 2 grams of Carbs. Pretty nice profile and you will have no problems to add this in your diet. Also it has an aminogram in which you can see it's full amino profile which is great.

Whey Hydrolysate is supposed to have a faster absorbsion time than other forms of Whey. The problem with Concentrate and Isolate is that they are composed of large peptide structures. Your stomach uses some enzymes to break those structures and transform them to smaller peptides that your body can use. Hydrolysate in theory can speed up this process because it contains smaller peptide structures thanks to hydrolyzation. Biggest Hydrolyzation per content equals smaller peptide structures. Unfortunatelly almost all products that contain Whey Hydrosylate doesn't reveal the percentage of Hydrolyzation. Also, the process of hydrolyzation can reduce the allergic potential of whey and milk protein, due to removing allergenic epitopes which is great if you are lactose intolerant. Sounds good but let's see in practice.

I bought the Chocolate flavor which is amazing. It's almost identical to Nesquik on cold water. If you add this on lukewarm water then it is transformed into Hot Chocolate which is the best for me. Texture is extremely light like dust which is pretty nice. 10/10

Excellent mixability by FAR compared to other forms of whey. It's amazing if you are lazy. You don't need to shake this for long if you add one scoop on a 500ml quantity of water. 5-10 seconds will do the work easily. I am used shaking my whey protein for a long time and i it really suprised me. Ofc if you add 2.5 scoops on 500ml of water you will have to shake this for much longer 30seconds which is pretty good again. I would be crazy to add 3 scoops on this quantity of water with a Whey Concetrate i won't manage to dissolve it lol. 10/10

I experimented a lot with doses again but i won't write a whole essay so you don't get bored and get sleepy. Best dosage for me is 2.5 scoops (60 grams Protein) after workout.

I found this product to be more effective than Whey Concetrate. Whey Concetrate is my first love but i have to say that Hydrosylate is more effective in terms of Recovery. For example 1.7 scoops of Hydro was about the same in terms of recovery as 2.5 scoops of Concentrate. 2.5 scoops (Hydro) which i currently use is considerably more effective. Recovery is great with severely decreased DOMS and i don't feel bloated at all. It's incredible light on your stomach unlike Concetrate and lighter than Isolate. The one downside is that i would have less energy compared to it Concetrate. It helped me build some muscle and i am pretty satisfied with my choise.

2.72 kilos (6 lbs) for 35 Euros (41.21 Dollars). It's amazing price for Hydrolysate and i bought 12lbs more.

Side Effects

Nothing at all. So light.....

Conclusion

If you are looking for some good protein powder this may be your choise. Great Recovery, Amazing Taste, Excellent Value and Extremely Light on Stomach way better than i expected to be. Whey Hydrosylate is now my favorite protein powder. The only problem for me is that it doesn't state the percentage of Hydrolyzation (like almost all other) but i will keep buying this.

July 13, 2017

Cons:
      • Strength
      • Endurance
      • Vascularity
      • Betaine
      • Fruit Punch Is Bad
      • Not As Intra
      • Nausea
      • Dyes
      • Passion Fruit Is Horrible

I wanted to switch off from creatine for a bit. I needed to find one product with some ingredients for strength on it. So, i bought this because it contains betaine and some BCAA's on it. Good combo that works, at least for me. This is an intra workout product but i used it as pre. Even if i wanted to use it as intra i simply can't thanks to taste (tried all flavors)... If i am going to consume something during my exercise everyday i would like to taste at least decently.

Personally i love the addition of Betaine. On 2 scoops, you got a whoop...

Personally i love the addition of Betaine. On 2 scoops, you got a whooping 8 grams of BCAA's on a 2:1:1 ratio and 3 grams of Betaine for strength/endurance/vascularity.
      Next we have 800mg Glutamine, 1.2g L-Citrulline Malate along with 1g Alanine and 800mg Taurine which are very underdosed as standalone but netherless not bad as extras.

The bad news are Artificial Flavors, Sucralose, Silicon Dioxide, Acesulfame Potassium, FD&C Red #40.
      Too much dyes for me. You can find protein powders without too much dyes, fillers etc. but when you search for some pre/intras (in my country at least) almost all products are filled with all these.....Despite this i will keep searching for products that contain NO Artificial Colors, Flavors, or Sweeteners.

Damn i thought this would taste at least decently. How wrong i was. When you first open the container of both flavors (Passion Fruit and Fruit Punch) you get a really overpowering chemical smell. At least it predisposes you that it will taste really bad.

It's name is Passion Fruit but not once i get a slight hint of Fruit, instead i got a very strong chemical taste, along with a chemical aftertaste. It's like drinking 100% alcohol along with some hints of Military Boot. Definitely one of the worst flavors i have ever had. 1/10

Next we have Fruit Punch which is also bad (not so as Passion Fruit). It's not your typical Fruit Punch, it's way worse than that. Chemical taste and aftertaste but at least you get some hints of Fruit Punch and not Military Boot LOL. It's the lesser evil but still pretty bad. 3/10

I know that taste is subjective but i think most people would absolutely hate both flavors. I am struggling to drink those before workout, imagine drinking this as intra all the time while working out. Absolutely no way! Sometimes i would literally vomit after some seconds of drinking this.

Mixing is fairly good with some foam on the top but nothing too much. Dosing was 2 scoops, 15-20 minutes before workout.

The effects are similar to creatine in terms of strength, 1-2 more reps during my exercises. Nothing out of mind but still pretty good. Increased vascularity (not big but not small difference either) thanks to Betaine but no pumps which is pretty expectable. Endurance was decent with less time resting between sets and helped with cardio a bit. In terms of energy no change and no focus because it doesn't contain any focus ingredient.
      Effectiveness is being hammered by side effects. I don't think i remember one workout without being nauseous all the time. If you are on the verge of vomiting (thankfully i didn't inside the gym), you will have a reduced perfomance overall.

I bought 2 tubs for 35 Euros (39.87 Dollars). If you use 2 scoops like me (1.16 Euros per serving) then it's pretty expensive.

Conclusion

Some Strength, Endurance and Vascularity at the cost of really bad taste and being nauseous almost all the time. Simply you can't use this as intra due to taste. Unfortunately i am forced to stop using this. Personally i don't think it's worth the risk despite some positive benefits.

June 19, 2017

• Increased Focus
      • Amino Acid Profile
      • Great Recovery
      • Easy On The Stomach
      • Poor Quality Pouches
      • Texture Is A Bit Off

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
      Name is Kaka. I workout regularly 3-4 times a week. I stand at 6'1 and about 180 pounds and i am trying to bulk without gaining fat. I have tried many different supplements and i think i can give you my opinion about them. I ran out of Whey Concentrate and i decided to try Impact Whey Protein by MyProtein. My next review will be Hydro Matrix (Whey Hydrolysate).

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)

One scoop (25g) contains 103 calories, 21g Whey Concentrate, 1.9g Fat (of which 1.3g is Saturates), 1g Carbs (of which 1g is Sugar) and Emulsifier (Soy Lecithin). This ingredient profile is on unflavored version. I think this macro can fit on any diet with no problem. Also it contains a full amino acid profile which is great.

Flavored versions have between 91% to 96% protein compared to Unflavored Version and some contain extra preservatives than others (Acesulfame K, Anthocyanin etc) so before picking a flavor check out for the protein ratio and the additives on it. Personally i chose the Vanilla flavor for the 96% protein ratio and because it hasn't got a lot chemicals on it.

The first thing i notice is that many people rate the quality of the protein only based on purity (less carbs, less fat = more quality product) which is somewhat wrong. Purity certainly plays a role but it's not the only factor to determine that. I will give you an example: Soy Protein is 90% pure and contains less carbs and fat than Whey Concentrate (80% pure). Does that make Soy Protein a more quality product than Whey Concentrate? Short answer: No. Long Answer: Hell, No. Why not? Excluding the potential health risks from Soy, the main reason is because Whey Concentrate amino acid profile contains 60% more Leucine, 60% more Isoleucine and 40% more Valine than Soy Protein on a 100g pure Protein basis (comparing Impact Whey and Soy Protein Isolate from MyProtein). These amino acids are our favorite and beloved BCAAs which help with Muscle Building and Recovery (Leucine especially is the most important amino acid for Muscle Building). Of course if you are on a diet you won't pick one product which contains 40-50% protein but when we are talking about somewhat small difference on ratio (example: 80% and 90% ratios) the first thing i look is the amino acid profile of the protein. Let's be fair here 1-2 g more carbs and fat won't ruin your diet.

Both Whey Isolate and Whey Concentrate have some benefits against each other.

It's a fact that Isolate has a slightly faster digestion time than Concentrate (not always and not significant), it's better for moderate to severe lactose intolerant people (lactose is removed) and it contains less fat and carbs.
      Concentrates have some benefits compared to Isolates like far higher levels growth factors such as IGF-1, TGF-1, and TGF-2 (in the fat content), phospholipids and immunoglobulins for immunity, intestinal health.

You need to weight the advantages of each. I will respectfully disagree with the vast majority of the reviewers in SR, from my point of view if you are digest lactose fairly like me and you don't think that 2-3 grams of fat and carbs will derail your diet out of tracks Whey Concentrate is better. Isolates have a faster digestion time but not sufficient enough to outweigh the advantages of Concentrate. I will compare Whey Hydrolysate to Isolate, Concentrate on my next review.

I got Vanilla flavor because you really can't destroy a Vanilla flavor, you need to try really hard to achieve that. When you open the bag you get an amazing smell just like the vanilla ice cream i was eating when i was a small child. Oh the memories it smells really wonderful.
      Taste is on the lighter side but still pretty good, not artificial at all and tastes exactly like vanilla. No aftertaste to talk about.

Mixability is decent but not the best, you need to shake this for a bit and some occasional small clumps. Texture is a bit off for my likings (slimy texture) and curds floating around but still you can drink this easily. Definitely not as good as Hydrolysate.

I would like to warn you about the Pouches. If you open them you won't manage to reseal them, it's practically impossible. You will have to pour this protein on empty containers which can be annoying but absolutely necessary. MyProtein must change these bags immediately or they will start to lose customers and quite understandably.

I experimented a lot with doses, 1 scoop postworkout, 1.5 scoops postworkout, 2 scoops postworkout + 1 scoop after 6 hours and 1 scoop preworkout (40 minutes before workout) + 2 scoops postworkout.

I first began safe with 1 scoop postworkout to see if i will have any digestion problems. No gas, no bloating nothing. Recovery was decent, i would still have some DOMS but nothing severe compared as without it. On 1.5 scoops post recovery was slightly enchanted compared to 1 scoop and again no side effects. Realizing that my stomach digested well this Protein i increased to 2 scoops post workout and recovery was considerable better than my previous dosages. DOMS were still there but considerably reduced and my energy levels were slightly increased during the day.

The most effective dosage for me was 1 scoop pre workout and 2 scoops post totally 60g of protein (Vanilla contains 1g less protein than Unflavored).

Pre-Workout:

Energy: Protein pre workout? Are you totally out of your mind? Under the right conditions it's feasible, i workout fasted after 1 hour of walking up and that single scoop increased my energy levels. I can definitely understand this because i stopped taking 200mg of caffeine for about 1-2 weeks and i was dragging a bit on my workout, but with one scoop pre workout my energy levels were compared to this pill of caffeine and this effect continued for about one month until this day which i didn't expect at all.

Focus: Usually before working out i take the minimum dosage of Tyrosine for Focus (500 mg) and i am somewhat more focused. But with this scoop extra before workout i feel significantly more focused than before. Does Whey protein make you more focused before workout? The answer is yes. Why? Due to the fact that one scoop contains 520mg of Tyrosine! Considering the fact that Tyrosine is effective for me this extra amount really helped me being more focused and mostly thinking about my next set.

Strength: I felt the lighter weights even more lighter and i could easily increase the reps. On more heavier weights i felt no difference at all. I had no digestive problems, bloat, farts etc. Nothing else to write about.

Post-Workout:

Recovery/Digestion/Muscle Building: Overall Recovery was great and better than only 2 scoops post workout. DOMS were severely reduced and my energy levels were definetely increased during the day. I could feel my stomach a bit fuller but without being bloated, no digestive problems or farts and helped me reach my macros easily and conveniently. Also it helped me build more muscle and helped me maintain my strength and form better.

I bought 5 kilos for about 58 Euros (64.66 Dollars). Each serving costs 0.29 Euros which is a great price. Even if you use 3 scoops like me it's a great offer.

Conclusion

If you are not moderate to high lactose intolerant i think this protein won't cause you digestion problems. Great Recovery and Taste, some Focus and Energy as Pre-Workout, Annoying Poor Quality Pouches and Texture is a bit Off. Overall a good product which helped me reaching my goals.

May 18, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Cheap
      • Considerable Energy Boost
      • Small Endurance Boost
      • No Side Effects
      • Capsules Easy On Stomach

Name is Kaka. I workout regularly 3-4 times a week. I stand at 6'1 and about 180 pounds and i am trying to bulk without gaining fat. I have tried many different supplements and i think i can give you my opinion about them. I saw some reviews about AstraGin 200 containing Astragalus and Panax notoginseng and out of pure curiosity and because it was cheap i decided to try this product (but without containing notoginserg). My next review will be Impact Whey Protein from MyProtein (Vanilla Flavor).

It contains 100 capsules which each of them cont...

It contains 100 capsules which each of them contain 470 mg of Astragalus membranaceus.

Astragalus membranaceus is an anti-inflammatory agent, has cardioprotective effects, has notable benefits for kidney protection and improves general immune function. All these benefits are great but what about working out? It is supposed to have nitric oxide boosting properties providing pumps and increases glucose uptake into the muscles thus providing energy.

Medium sized pills which are easy to swallow. The taste of the pills is neutral with a hint of wood resin but it won't activate your gag reflex. No mixability to talk about. Dosing is one capsule along with my pre-workout 20 minutes before exercise. I don't think you need two pills, one pill it's enough to help you.

Before trying this i was a bit pessimistic and didn't expect nothing at all (maybe some pumps) for my workout but i was wrong. The first noticeable change is my energy. I usually take 200 mg of Caffeine, first 30-40 minutes are decent in terms of energy but after those minutes my energy plummets suddenly and i become somewhat sleepy for the rest of my workout struggling to finish due to the lack of energy. When i began supplementing Astragalus my energy levels for those first minutes were up one level, felt more awaken than usual and with more energy (not a big difference but not a small either). The best is that energy stayed consistent during my workout (i usually workout for 1.5 hours to 2 hours) and i wasn't feeling sleepy towards the end. It isn't a huge boost but it certainly helped me considerably.

Endurance was slightly increased and i felt a bit less tired between sets. The combination of increased energy and endurance helped me with cardio at the end of my workout, i wasn't so tired and i could push more than normal without struggling. Strength, Vascularity and Recovery were the same as without it but i have no complaints because this product doesn't make any claims for exercise induced benefits.

Very cheap and affordable. It costs $3.49 on swanson vitamins website which is a great price (0.03 Dollars per serving). You can't beat that price. Personally i bought them for 6 Euros which again is a good price (0.06 Euros per serving).

Side Effects

Easy on Stomach. No side effects at all.

Conclusion

I was skeptical at first but fortunately it gave me some benefits. Cheap, Considerable Energy Boost, Small Endurance Boost and Easy On Stomach. I will probably buy this again.

May 10, 2017

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Great Recovery Boost
        • Great Strength Boost
        • Decent Endurance
        • Minimal Energy

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
        Name is Kaka. I workout regularly 3-4 times a week. I stand at 6'1 and about 180 pounds and i am trying to bulk without gaining fat. I have tried many different supplements and i think i can give you my opinion about them. I wanted try a BCAA product with my own pre workout and i bought this.

Before i begin with the ingredient profile, i would like to begin with my stack.

My Own Preworkout:

Betaine Anhydrous: 2000 mg
        L- Taurine: 2000 mg
        L- Tyrosine: 500 mg
        Caffeine : 200 mg

Intra Workout: one scoop Xtend (7 grams of BCAA's 2:1:1 ratio, 2.5 grams of Glutamine, 1 gram of Citruline Malate and 1.14 gram of Electrolyte Blend).
        Post Workout: 100% Real Whey Protein (20.60 grams of Whey Concetrate).
        After 3-4 hours: half scoop Xtend.

So, i wanted something to help me with energy so i thought i could try some BCAA's with my own preworkout instead adding them on Xtend. I workout early in the morning fasted. My energy levels are not bad but they definitely need some improvement.

This product contains 5 grams of BCAA's per serving on a 2:1:1 ratio which is the best for me especially before and during my workout. They will help you mostly with endurance, recovery and surprisingly with strength (more information on effectiveness sector). Post workout i would prefer pure leucine for maximum protein synthesis and i am going to try it some day.

I bought the Unflavored flavor which is bad on it's own, quite acidic taste which is somewhat expectable so if you are going to try BCAA's as standalone pick some flavor. When i mixed this with my own preworkout it didn't changed the flavor and it mixed fairly, you will have some foam due to leucine but nothing worrying at all and a bit of clumps but after a good shake they don't exist. Dosing was one scoop along with my own preworkout 20 minutes before working out.

8.5/10

Energy (5/10): I bought this mostly for energy but i didn't expected a lot in terms of it (only a slight increase of energy). Unfortunately it didn't helped me much and my energy levels were about the same as without it. But i wasn't disappointed overall because the other categories definitely saved the day. I won't rate energy harshly overall on effectiveness score because you shouldn't expect much from BCAA's in terms of energy.

Strength (9/10): I could feel that i could push more on reps from the first day (about 2 reps). So, i increased the weights by 5 kilos (11 Lbs) on the majority of my sets (arms, legs, chest, back) which is a pretty good result for these humble ingredients. Not only my strength was increased but it was consistent throughout my workout (it didn't lasted for 30-40 minutes and then bye bye). Big Difference when you add some BCAA's on your pre workout in terms of strength.

Endurance (8/10):
        Slightly less recovery time between sets but nothing out of mind. It helped a bit with hydration because i didn't had much the need to drink my intra workout. The big difference was on my cardio as it increased my time and i couldn't feel much tired while running. Overall i have no complaints.

Recovery (9/10):
        Xtend as standalone deals with the majority of my DOMS but with this product my recovery was enchanted even more, i could feel substantially less tired after my workout and my DOMS were hardly present on the next day which is great because it allows you to workout more days.

You can find a 100 grams bag on Prozis website for 7 Euros (20 servings). It doesn't get a 10 because you can find cheaper BCAA's on MyProtein website. Nonetheless it's a great offer.

Side Effects

Nothing at all.

Conclusion

Great Recovery Boost and Strength, Decent Endurance and Good Value but Minimal Energy which doesn't ruin this product at all. Remember i tried this before my workout. Don't expect this as standalone to help you much. I will definitely buy again some BCAA's to add them on my preworkout
        maybe from MyProtein because you can find them cheaper.