josipovicp

SR TROOPer

• Was an active member for 5 months, but hasn't been online since February, 2019
  • Low community participation

Reviews by josipovicp

Cons:

You can't go wrong for a high quality protein powder that tastes great, is effective, and is probably cheaper than what you are buying right now.

Hey what's up! I am new to SR so hopefully you like my reviews. Please give me feedback so I can be the best reviewer possible. More about myself, I am a 20 year old male college student. I workout 7 days a week (4 days lifting weights, 7 boxing, 3 yoga) and would consider myself to have high metabolism.

I don't just work out because it's healthy or to get bigger, I do it because I enjoy it! Something you need to know about me is that I am very selective on the products I buy. My priority is high quality/healthy products not lowest price.

Whey Protein Concentrate (Milk), Sunflower Lecithin (Less than 1%).
    Flavoring (Natural Flavoring Extracts, non-GMO Rice Powder, Gum Acacia, Stevia)

Whey Protein Concentrate is produced as a byproduct of cheese which undergoes a cold-water microfiltration process in order to remove unwanted fat and lactose. The resulting powder is a great-tasting, easy-mixing, and economic protein option for post-workout nutrition or as needed in your daily diet! True Nutrition's Whey Protein Concentrate is sourced from the USA, and is instantized using sunflower lecithin. Providing 24g of protein to help support muscle-building!

I love the ingredients, all very healthy and none of those unknown chemicals and crap like artificial flavors... why put something into your body if you don't even know what it is? If I had a Lamborghini you bet I would be using premium gas not standard gas - I treat my body like I would a high quality car.

Uses: Supports Muscle Building: Provides 24g of protein to help support muscle building!
    Mix-ability: Mixes easily in shaker cup or blender.
    Taste: Mild milky taste that goes great with most flavors!
    Notes: Vegetarian, Soy-free, Gluten-free

I personally had a Strawberry Banana flavoring. I thought it tasted great. I will say I got a little sick of the flavor at the end but that doesn't mean it wasn't good - I would just try out something new.

Mixes just fine, some clumps here and there but I'v never had a powder that is 100% perfect

I found this product to be of great use providing me the extra protein I needed. I would add this together with almond milk or water and take it everyday during my workouts. My stomach felt nice and full from it, no bloating issues, and I felt a little more energized. I would also mix this with my other supplements such as Creatine and Beta Alanine and they went really good together. The taste was not effected by the others and mixing it was easy. Overall, this product has helped me in my workouts and gaining muscle so I have been very happy with it. Last year I was 150lbs at 6ft tall and now I am at a nice 160lbs and am looking to bring that up even more!

I feel like this product is a fair price for $9.79 lb especially considering it is a high quality product. Add $0.60 for flavoring which is a total of $0.69 cents per serving ($10.39 total) which is not bad. Compared to the popular Optimum Gold Standard Whey protein isolate product - that is priced at $30.00 for 30 servings ($1.00 per serving). True Nutrition runs at $20.78 for 30 servings which is over 30% cheaper. Now I know the Optimum is protein isolate but that means it should be more protein but it runs at 24 grams of protein for a 30 gram scoop which is the same as the TrueNutrition's Protein Concentrate - I don't think I would pay extra for the protein isolate.

Buy at TrueNutrition.com: Link provided below

Side Effects

No side effects at all
    Fills up my tummy, makes me feel strong and energized.

Conclusion

Great product. Totally worth it. Plan to continue buying the product for years to come

Overall
    Overall
    4.5
    4.5
    1.0

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Tastes Good
    • Low Protein
    • Low Fat
    • Low Calories
    • Bad Ingredients

Don't waste your time or money with this. If you are trying to add extra calories to your diet with a healthy product - do not take this. Heck, don't buy this whatever you are trying to do. I don't care that Cristiano Ronaldo is one of their endorsements - he's just in for the money.

I was out in Europe over the summer for an internship and all my friends at work seemed to be talking about Herbalife. Herbalife, Herbalife, Herbalife, I had never heard of them before. I did some research online and found some extremely mixed reviews. However, I trusted my friends so I gave it a shot. I actually paid to become one of their independent distributors so I could get discounts on their products and be a part of their "pyramid scheme" network to make money. Basically when you refer friends/others to the product and they use your code - you get points and when your clients get clients you also get points. That sounds like a pyramid to me. Ultimately, this product turned out to be a big fat NO NO so I ordered a refund and got all my money back. I am trying to gain weight and bring more healthy calories into my diet but this product did next to nothing for what it cost.

Now my friends have shown good results and are very satisfied with the products but there are a few things that could cause this:
    First off they live in Europe so the products there are a lot more regulated and Herbalife is actually non-GMO and more healthy. In the US, its a whole different world.
    Second - they might have different standards than I do when it comes to supplements
    Don't just take my word for it, go read online about Herbalife and what people think

If you are expecting healthy ingredients for such a high price, think again...

Ingredients: Soy protein isolate, fructose, cellulose powder, corn bran, artificial french vanilla flavor, guar gum, potassium chloride, calcium phosphate, calcium caseinate, casein, rice fiber, soy lecithin, canola oil, medium chain triglyercides, carrageenan, DL-methionine, inulin magnesium oxide, silicon dioxide, licorice flavor, natural vanilla flavor, giner root powder, psyllium husk powder, citrus pectin, proteases derived from aspergillus niger and aspergillus oryzae (from aminogen), honey powder, ascorbic acid, DL-alpha tocopheryl acetate, papaya fruit powder, blueberry ppowder, pomegranate powder, biotin, niacinamide, beta carotene, ferrous fumarate, sinc oxide, copper gluconate, calcium D-pantothenate, papain poweder bromelain, cyanocobalamin, folic acid, cholecalciferol, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, chromium chloride, sodium molybdate and sodium selenite

These are GMO products and the second ingredient being fructose just shows how "high quality" this is. It took me a dang 5 minutes to type all these ingredients down, there should not be that many things listed especially stuff that sounds like alien language to me.

Macros

This is for a 25 gram scoop (1 serving)
    Protein = 9g
    Carbs = 13g
    Fat = 1g
    Calories = 90

This product is 750 grams total - 25 grams per serving
    I mean it tasted good and mixed well but that was it. The main reason I buy a supplement is to supply my body with the right amount of nutrients not to taste good. (1) Effectiveness (2) Price (3) Taste

I took this supplement once a day for a month straight and didn't see much change. I gained only a few pounds throughout that time but that was clearly from water fluctuations in my body and other fluids. I wanted this product as a way to bring more calories and Macros into my diet but it didn't do anything. I would have been better off grabbing two slices of bread with some peanut butter and a banana.

750 grams at 30 servings total for $38.82 on amazon is not worth it for me. Maybe if the product was better ingredients but its not. You are paying a premium for something that is average.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you have money to burn - burn it on something else.

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Satisfied Hunger
    • Low Sugar
    • Very High In Protein
    • Delicious
    • Decent Amount Of Calories
    • Chalky Taste/texture
    • Artificial Ingredients

YUM - They taste so good and allow me to easily add a good 200 calories to my diet in the blink of an eye plus 20 grams of protein. If you are ok with about $1 per bar, definitely try them.

As a person with high metabolism, I am trying to find every way possible to add more calories to my diet. Protein bars seemed simple enough so I gave them a try after buying a pack of these boys at Costco. I also workout every day so I need to eat a lot of food if I want to gain any muscle from all my exercising.

You get 3 flavo...

You get 3 flavors so a few ingredients are different but the majority are the same

This is specifically for the Chocolate Peanut Butter:
    Protein Blend (Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Conentrate, Whey Protein Isolate), chocolate flavored coating (maltitol, fractionated palm kernel oil, whey protein concentrate, cocoa [processes with alkali, calcium carbonate, natural flavors, soy lecithin, sucralose), carmel layer (maltitol syrup, nonfat dry milk, heavy cream [cream, milk, cellulose gel, milk solids, cellulose gum], water, milk protein concentrate, palm kernel oil, butter, disodium phosphate, carmel, natural flavor, soy, lecithin, carrageenan), hydrolyzed collagen, glycerin, water, peanuts, natural flavors, soy crisps (soy protein isolate, tapioca starch, salt), sucralose, almond butter

Now I am not a fan of products with this long of a list of ingredients especially when I don't know what some of them are. With that said, I was willing to give these a try knowing that nobody ever died by eating protein bars. Most people aren't so picky with food like me anyways so this list of ingredients might not really matter to you.

Macros

Protein = 21g
    Sugar = 3g
    Fat = 5g
    Calories = 200

Oh my god.... those were delicious. I devoured them suckers eating 1 or 2 a day. All three flavors were great - chocolate peanut butter being my favorite. I will mention that these are protein bars with protein powder mixed in them so the texture is extremely dense. They were quite chewy but I personally had no issue with eating them. I might recommend some liquid though as your mouth can get kind of dry when eating them.

For a way to add some extra calories to my diet, these bars did the job just fine. They were easy to carry around with me, they tasted great, and 200 calories in 5 minutes sounded great to me considering I can never eat enough to gain weight for the life of me. And I could basically eat them whenever I wanted wherever I was. I ate these once or twice a day, had 4-5 meals a day, and took my other supplements like whey protein and creatine daily. I was able to go from a 150lbs to 160 lbs in a few months. A fair amount of that being muscle. Definitely helped me gain weight overall.

$1 dollar a bar might not sound too bad for some people but for me right now as a college student - every dollar counts. Otherwise, the price isn't too bad.

You can buy them off amazon at $16.24 for 18 bars total. Free shipping if you got amazon prime.

In comparison, you could buy 18 Gatorade Whey Protein bars with 20 grams of protein each for $22.79 - more expensive for a similar product
    Or 12 Combat Crunch Protein bars with 20 grams of protein each for $19.40 - much more expensive considering you get 6 less bars

Side Effects

I felt it a little in my stomach as the bar was quite dense but no pain or anything really. I could just feel it all in my stomach slowly being digested.

Conclusion

Good protein bars that taste delicious. If you want to snack on something with high protein and calories, these might be a good choice for you.

Overall
    Overall
    5.5

• Gassy
    3rd times the charm.... :)

If you are into plant based protein you might want to give this a try. Personally, it is not my favorite. It is still high quality product for a fair price that gets the job done, I just can't deal with the taste. I prefer whey protein overall.

3rd times the charm.... :)

Hi all! I thought I would tell you a little bit more about myself. I go to college and academics are my #1 priority but working out comes 2nd! I exercise 7 days a week (4 lifting weights, 7 boxing, 3 yoga). I use to be referred to as skinny but I have put on some extra pounds of muscle and am looking to continue that. I love high quality, healthy products and am willing to pay more on average because of that.

All of this information below comes form the company's website themselves:
    The ingredient list consists: Pea Protein Isolate + Flavoring (Natural Flavoring Extracts, non-GMO Rice Powder, Gum Acacia, Stevia)
    The pea protein is sourced from the highest-quality raw ingredients, using only vegan and non-GMO yellow peas that are harvested at peak potency from a European supplier. Pea Protein Isolate is processed using cold-water microfiltration, and provides 25g of vegan protein to help support muscle-building!

Pea protein is high in BCAA's (branched chain amino acids) and is low in carbohydrate, so a drink made with organic pea protein is a quick and efficient way for your body to absorb protein to facilitate muscle recovery.

Overall I'm a big fan of the ingredients involved and believe this is one of the highest quality plant based protein products out there. As you might have read in some of my other reviews, I am a food freak and am extremely selective. This product uses 1 single ingredient for the protein and natural flavoring for the French Vanilla taste. I found a few other pea protein products that are high quality for around the same price or less so there are several other good choices. To me it would all come down to which one I can save a few bucks on.

I personally found it to have an odd taste - I had vanilla flavored but you still get a strong taste of the odd plant flavor/peas
    Definitely need to add something else to your shake like chocolate, peanut butter, or bananas to make it taste better
    Mixes well (few clumps here and there)
    Uses: Supports Muscle Building: Provides 25g of protein to help support muscle building
    Taste: Mild earthy taste that goes best with chocolate, vanilla, mocha, and caramel flavors
    Notes:Vegan, Dairy-free, Soy-free, Gluten-free

For my protein supplements, I am looking for something that can provide me with a good amount of protein to help repair/build my muscles after lifting weights. I always look for something that is at least 80% protein per scoop which at 25/30 - this product is 83.3 % protein per serving. I usually take my pea protein and mix it with almond milk or turn it into a smoothie and add some fruits and peanut butter. I feel full in my stomach after and don't have any digestion problems with it. I used this every day of the week for a full month taking 30 grams a day. It seems to do just as good as my whey protein helping me build muscle.

Fair pricing. At only $8.99 per lb I find this to be good pricing for a high quality plant based protein product. Add 60 cents for flavoring and you've got yourself a total of $9.59 or 64 cents per serving. This is definitely something to buy if you want plant based protein that is high quality and not overpriced.

Shop for it on TrueNutrition.com - I provided the link below

Side Effects

Nothing but maybe being a little gassy here and there.

Conclusion

If you want plant based protein this should be on your list of potential options. If you don't care about vegan plant based protein - don't buy it.
    Good product, fair value, just not my type of thing as I can't get past the taste. I prefer whey protein products and don't plan on buying plant based protein ever again.

November 14, 2018

• Decrease In Muscle Fatigue
    • Only 1 Ingredient

If you are looking for a pure Beta Alanine pre workout product, this is the thing to try. You immediately feel the energy soaring through your body just minutes after taking the product. If you want a mix of different pre workout ingredients like caffeine, BCAA's, creatine, etc. this is not your product to buy.

20 year old male, workout 7 days a week (4 lifting weights, 7 boxing, 3 yoga) - I would consider myself to have high metabolism

I am very into high quality, non-gmo supplement products that are effective and healthy for my body. When I first started working out, I knew I had to buy some supplements but I wanted something that was both healthy and effective for a low price. Now that sounds nearly impossible as quality and price are typically inverses. That's what I thought until I discovered the brand - True Nutrition - after searching the web for days. True Nutrition sells high quality, healthy (organic, non-gmo, pure) products for an affordable price all thanks to how they have structured their company. True Nutrition has a wide range of choices for all types of proteins, carbs, capsules, fats, vitamins etc. and even a cool custom blend where you choose the percentage of every thing put in it or even a custom blend oatmeal.

I wanted to try Beta Alanine as a pre workout product to boosts my energy and aid in my weight lifting and daily boxing routines.

Vegan Beta-Alanine from fermented plant-based ingredients!
    Derived from fermented plant-based materials, True Nutrition exclusively offers CarnoSyn's trusted and patented Beta-Alanine to ensure the highest quality product currently available on the market! Beta-Alanine is the rate-limiting precursor of carnosine, which is to say carnosine levels are limited by the amount of available beta-alanine. As a dietary supplement, Beta-Alanine helps to support increased energy and endurance, as well as a temporary decrease in muscle fatigue and soreness.

Supports
    Increased endurance.
    Increased energy.
    Temporary decrease in muscle fatigue and soreness

NO TASTE
    Mixes easily
    As a dietary supplement, take 1 serving (3g) 1-2 times daily.

If you take this product 20-30 minutes before working out, you will feel a good boost of energy throughout your body. You will most likely feel tingling of the skin after taking beta-alanine which is totally normal. The symptoms usually subside after about an hour. For some people this may make them uncomfortable and scared but for me it made me more pumped and ready to workout. This product definitely increased my endurance and overall energy allowing me to complete more reps and work out longer than normal.

For $25 for 500 grams - this can be a little more expensive especially considering it is just 1 ingredient. There are lots of other pre workout products out there with more mixed ingredients and lower prices that are good so unless you just want a high quality beta-alinine product, I would try something else.

Side Effects

Just the tingling of the face as mentioned above which is a normal reaction of the body. Otherwise I had no stomach problems or anything.

Conclusion

Great, effective product - on the expensive side of things

November 14, 2018

• Must Drink Lots Of Water

Shopping for creatine... BUY THIS! One of the highest quality Creatine products out there with a price that can compete with those other more popular brands. In fact, this product can be cheaper in many cases despite the fact that it is a higher quality product, that is a win win situation for you.

Hey everyone! I am new to SR and this is one of my first reviews. A little bit more about myself - I am a college student (20 year male), I workout 7 days a week (4 days lifting weights, 7 boxing, 3 yoga). I love to workout and am trying to put on some extra pounds of muscle!

I am very into high quality, non-gmo supplement products that are effective and healthy for my body. Most of my friends call me the food freak :). If I'm trying the product, you can bet it's high quality.

All this info comes from the company's website not me:
    Creapure Creatine Monohydrate
    (Creapure is a registered trademark of AlzChem Trostberg GmbH, Germany)

Vegan Creatine Monohydrate that is strictly derived from fermented plant-based ingredients! Creapure sets the highest standards for quality, safety, and efficacy required by both consumers and the manufacturing industry through careful selection of raw materials, manufacturing under GMP conditions, and precise analysis guaranteeing a product of the highest purity. Creatine is a substance that is naturally produced by the body, and is present in every human cell used in the production of energy through ATP (Adenosine triphosphate). As a dietary supplement, Creatine Monohydrate may help to support increased energy production, healthy cellular hydration, and healthy brain function.

Increased energy production.
    Healthy cellular hydration.
    Healthy brain function.

This definitely sounds like a trustworthy product to me and not some synthetic crap that could be potentially dangerous or unhealthy.

NO TASTE
    Mixes great, no clumps nothing
    Suggested Use
    As a dietary supplement, take 1 Serving (2g) 1-2 times daily.

You can either take 1-2 servings of 1-2 grams daily and start seeing effects in a few weeks or
    Take 10-20g for 5-7 days (Loading)
    Then take 2-5g daily for 3-4 weeks (Maintenance)
    Take a week or two off creatine, and then repeat (Wash-out)
    Loading Creatine helps build up the Creatine in your body faster giving you faster results but many people find this to cause bloating or bad stomach problems. I personally had no issue with loading up on Creatine

Worked great, definitely takes time to start seeing effects. You can either take a few games a day and build up the concentration of creatine in your body or take 10-15 grams a load up for a week to make the process faster. That is what I did personally and I started to see results in less than a month. I have gained some nice weight from Creatine and it has helped me lift heavier weight. Many people worry that Creatine is all fake water muscle but that is not true. After taking a break from Creatine for a few weeks, I was able to maintain my weight and not lose any strength as I had built up true muscle.

At $17 for 500 grams, that is a very affordable price. Compared to a brand such at Optimum - they are priced at $15 for only 300 grams. That is much more expensive making True Nutrition's Creapure Creatine the better choice

True Nutrition is an amazing brand as they are all about high quality products at the lowest price possible. Now I know this sounds too good to be true but its all because of how they use their money. True Nutrition is all about word of mouth and spends no money what so ever on advertising/marketing and making their packaging look all cool. This saves them lots of money allowing them to make the price of their high quality products low and able to compete with other companies that spend millions on marketing. $17 for 500 grams, I have bought this twice and will continue buying it. TOTALLY WORTH IT

Buy from TrueNutrition.com: Link provided below

Side Effects

Some people say they get bloated and stuff - I personally have had zero side effects from taking this Creatine. The only important note is that you must drink LOTS OF WATER as that is how Creatine works. If you don't you will not be doing good to your body and the Creatine will not be effective.

Look to add 16-18 ounces (0.5 litres) on top of your recommended daily intake for every 5g of creatine you take per day. Most people will be taking 5-10g per day, so look to add an additional litre of water to your daily intake to ensure optimal hydration

Conclusion

I love the brand, love the product and will continue buying Creapure Creatine and highly recommend this product if you are looking for a fair priced high quality Creatine product.