jamesjsix

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 10 months, and was last online this week

TROPHY CASE

Comments

*Rookie League

Total Reviews

Forum Posts

Try Requests

Deals Shared

*Rookie League

*Rookie League = only among other members in their first year on SR. jamesjsix will be eligible for rookie league trophies for another 69 days.

Reviews by jamesjsix

Overall
Thanks to Myokem for sending it out!
  September 3, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Faster Recovery
  • Increase Endurance
  • Better Hydration
  • Well Dosed
  • Lots Of EAA

One of the most complete BCAA/EAA products and the extra trick of time-released leucine is a nice touch. Add in the hydration element and AstraGin for aid in absorption and you got a winning product.

Greetings SR! Back again with another review and this time it's the BCAA/EAA product 'mTor Pro' by Myokem. Firstly, I want to thank the SR TROOPs program and Myokem, for giving me the opportunity to try this product out. If you want to know of my background, you can find it in my profile here at:

----...

Active Hydration Matrix:
    Taurine 1g
    Potassium gluconate 150mg
    Sodium Chloride 75mg

Breaking it down by parts, the bulk of this product is the BCAAs. The 'standard' dose is 5g with a 2:1:1 split and that's what you're getting in the initial hit...but wait, there's more! Myokem follows up the standard with a timed release of 3g of Leucine about 3 hours later.

Why is this a big deal? Leucine, depending on the study you go to, is the most important of the BCAAs for muscle maintenance, building, and offsetting DOMS. From the studies I can find, there are many differing opinions on how much leucine you can absorb at once which is why there is limited scientific study that increasing the 2:1:1 ratio to a higher, say 4:1:1 ratio, is beneficial. Myokem gets around the question of how much Leucine you can absorb at once in mTor Pro by the inclusion of the extra Leucine as a time release, in theory increasing the amount you can actually absorb and benefit from.

MOving on to the EAAs, these are aminos your body needs but cannot synthesize on its own. The inclusion of 2.5g total is more than many competing products and stacks up well. It's hard to argue with the ratio included as each individuals own diet will dictate how much of any single one you would be lacking in or could benefit more from. Should be noted that one EAA was excluded from this product, tryptophan, and more information on it can be found here: (https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/002332.htm). Instead, Tyrosine is included which is a conditional amino acid that can be useful in times of stress.

AstraGin is an an absorption agent and the dosage is the same as if you got the product on its own. The inclusion here is nice, no good having something fully dosed if your body struggles to use it.

Finally we have the hydration element. The star out of this team is the taurine which in addition to being necessary to metabolize fat, also helps with the cardiovascular system. The other two ingredients are electrolytes, always a nice addition to aid in hydration.

8.5/10
    Taste: I'm a fan of the Mango Lemonade. As a few other reviewers have noted, this isn't the strongest of tastes but it works for this product. It's not overly sweet, more of a tart taste, but the lemonade takes a backseat to the mango.

Mixability: No issues at all here, it mixed up quick and didn't settle out.

Dosing: As discussed in the ingredients section, the dosing is spot on per dose. There are 3 ways I tried this product: first thing when i woke up, as an intra workout, and before bed.

8.5/10

It's a BCAA/EAA product so effectiveness is always going to be a little in the eye of the beholder but from my point of view, this was an effective product. No matter when I took it, I noticed a reduction in soreness compared to not taking a BCAA product (I do get BCAAs from protein in any case but I have always noticed my DOMS reduced when taking a separate BCAA product no matter what protein I had).

In my experience, this product worked best for me as an intra-workout. I'm a fan of stim-heavy pre-workouts so I don't need much more from an intra instead this was a great combo of aminos and hydration elements. I found my DOMS reduced and my workouts kept going strong with this product, both the strength side and cardio were helped by this product.

9.0/10
    Always the magic question with products like this. The standard price of this product is about $30 for 30 servings, $1 a dose. Whether that is a good value depends on what you compare this to. If you compare this a regular BCAA product, such as one of the Scivation products, then this is going to be significantly more per dose. That being said, this product has much more in it than most standard BCAA products due to the time release aspect of the Leucine, the inclusion of the EAAs and the name AstraGin w/hydration elements. For the inclusion of all of those products, this is closer to a full-featured Intra product similar to what you get from NutraBio's Intra-blast (currently #1 ranked). That product goes for closer to $1.33 a dose so this product is actually less expensive for what might be a comparative ingredient list.

In the end, there is a lot of value in this product if the extra ingredients besides the BCAAs are important to you. I think the extras are well worth the cost and this is a good contender for my intra workout of choice going forward.

Side Effects

None, this stuff goes down smooth and no issues.

Conclusion

8.7/10

Bottomline: This product works and it works well. There is a big ole hunk of 8g of BCAAs total and then you add the EAAs, the AstraGin, and the hydration elements and you end up with one loaded compound that at $1 a dose, doesn't break the bank. Highly Recommended.

Overall
    Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
      August 11, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Whole Food Sources
    • Convenient
    • Excellent Macro-Nutrient Composition
    • Lactose Free
    • No Amino Profile
    • Big Tub - One Flavor

This MRE is one you should have no problem scarfing down while you're on the go

Greetings SR! Back again with another review and this time it's MRE brought to you by Redcon1. Firstly, I want to thank the SR TROOPs program and Redcon1 for giving me the opportunity to try this product out. If you want to know of my background, you can find it in my profile here at:

7.8/10
    Nutritional Info:
    Serving Size 4 Scoops (130g total, wow!)
    Servings Per Container 25
    Calor...

This MRE is one you should have no problem scarfing down while you're on the go

7.8/10
    Nutritional Info:
    Serving Size 4 Scoops (130g total, wow!)
    Servings Per Container 25
    Sugars 5g
    Protein 47g

Ingredients:
    Rolled oats
    Protein blend: salmon protein, chicken protein, egg albumin, brown rice protein, and pea protein
    Dehydrated yam
    Cinnamon
    Salt
    Sucralose
    Acesulfame potassium.

Starting with the macros, a full serving of 4 scoops gives you a big punch towards whatever your calories and nutritional needs are and has a fairly common 1:1.5 ratio of protein to carbs. This meal replacement is a little different from many others in that its based on "real food" choices. Usually we'll see a heavy portion of milk proteins, either whey or casein, but this product has salmon and chicken protein as the first 2 ingredients in the protein blend with 3 other supporting protein choices. I both love this and am concerned at the same time. The pro to this is that a variety of proteins is nice, especially for a MRP, as it can hit different nutritional notes than just chugging more whey. The downside to me is that they are no specific on the protein source. Maybe it's just me but I see chicken protein and I want to know what part of the chicken (or fish) that I'm eating.

Carbs are also from more recognizable food choices with rolled oats (a lifter's carb if there ever was one) as the first choice with dehydrated additions after that. Fat is minimal but seems to be generally derived from coconut sources.

All in all the ingredient profile is a refreshing different take on a MRP and fits a niche in the marketplace that wasn't well addressed.

Taste isn't super important to every supplement but for a meal replacement, its high on my list of things I care about. I received the Dutch Apple Pie flavor and while its doesn't quite hit the taste head on, it certainly reminds me of it. The dominant flavor is apple cinnamon (which really comes through) that finishes with the fairly benign oat flavor. Given the ingredients list, I think this is as good or better than I expected and was an overall positive.

Mixability was okay, but nothing to write home about. Clumping wasn't an issue at all but the heavy concentration of oats made this not a shake that's going to fully dissolve. If you've ever had a protein shake in a blender bottle that you added oat flour to or made a shake with a blender and used rolled oats, its similar to those, the oats stand out and give it a "sticky" mouth feel.

Dosing is a highlight, simply because the smaller scooper allowed me to take only what I needed for my macros for the day. Four scoops usually ended up being a really heavy shake so my normal was to take 3 scoops. Something as simple as the smaller scooper made a big difference for me in this product as some have a single huge scoop that is harder to deal with.

As a meal replacement option, this is pretty darn good. As I said, I played around a bit with the dosing and found that the sweet spot for me was 3 scoops and I almost always mixed with water. This gave me right about 400 calories and struck the right balance for me between saiting my hunger while not leaving me overly full and sitting like a brick in my stomach. It functioned for me as a MRP should, it replaced one of my meals on days i was at work and didn't have time/access to real food.

8.3/10
    The best I could find for this supplement is $60 for a 100 scoop tub of ~7lbs. This puts you at $.60 a scoop total and if you use the standard dose you'll pay $2.40/serving. Another way to look at this is that you're essentially getting 219 calories per dollar.

At this price point, the value is pretty high in raw macro terms and if you are looking for a real food choice, it's definitely a good value. For comparison sakes, you are getting more calories per dollar than in many mass gainers as well as comparable MRPs. Most of those do not break 200 calories per dollar.

In general, MRP (and mass gainers as well) value is always in the eye of the holder for a product like this as you are paying for convenience calories, food is almost always cheaper. Compare this to a meal-prepped option, this is almost certainly more expensive but it's also easy to make, keep good, and transport.

Side Effects

None at 3 scoops, 4 scoops made me feel a bit bloated which is why i reduced my dosage.

Conclusion

8.1/10
    I like this product and if i was looking to use a meal replacement shake normally, this would be high on my list of ones I could choose from. What sets this apart from the pack is the real food choices contained therein and the corresponding flavors. While the taste isn't spot on, its pretty good and different from almost any other I had from milk based sources and the calories come at a pretty good value. I'd like for there to be a little more info in the protein sources particularly, but it wouldn't prevent me from buying the product in the future. Recommended.

Thanks to Mythos Supplements for sending it out!
      July 27, 2018

• Stim And Filler Free
    • Insane Pump
    • Clean Profile
    • Clinical Dosages
    • Mixability Needs Improvement

An absolute beast of a non-stim pre workout if you can get it down

Greetings SR! Back again with another review and this time it's the Pre-workout 'Antaeus' by Mythos Supplements. Firstly, I want to thank the SR TROOPs program and Mythos, for giving me the opportunity to try this product out. If you want to know of my background, you can find it in my profile here at:

Citrulline Malate: 8.3 Grams
    This increases NO production as well as reduces lactic acid. Most of the re...

An absolute beast of a non-stim pre workout if you can get it down

Citrulline Malate: 8.3 Grams
    This increases NO production as well as reduces lactic acid. Most of the research I can find has this clinically dosed at 5-6g so we are crushing that goal with 8.3g

Beta Alanine is at 4.2 Grams
    Beta-Alanine buffers the acid in your muscles allowing you to have more endurance in high intensity exercise. The three main results of this are (pulled from https://examine.com/supplements/beta-alanine/):

A small benefit: a median 2.85% increase in muscular endurance when exercising for 60-240 s (usually measured by time to exhaustion).

A mildly positive effect, possibly secondary to an increase in muscular endurance and to a reduction in fatigue, rather than being due to any cardiopulmonary interaction.

Somewhat effective at reducing fatigue and, secondary to that, at improving time to exhaustion.
    4.2g is higher than most other pre-workouts and since some studies have noted increased results all the way up to 6.4g, I like this high number.

Beet Root 2.3 Grams
    This is supposed to help with as a pump product but studies seem split on how effect it is as from what I can tell, the actual amount of nitrate is less than 5%.

L-Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate 2.1 grams
    Another pump ingredient (seeing a pattern here?) and I'm a bigger fan of this one in here. The clinical dose looks to be between 1.5 and 3.5 so the 2.1 here is right where I want it to be.

Glycerol Monosterate 10 Grams
    More aid to the pump and although I like this ingredient, I don't love it. I like Glycerol products for the pump effect they create and, as long as you are drinking lots of water, it can help you retain more and stay hydrated longer. What I don't love is that GMS doesn't contain a huge amount of Glycerol. There are patented products out there that have a much higher % of glycerol and one of those would be good. An additional downside to this is the clumping and we'll talk about that more later in the review.

L-Arginine HCL 6.0g
    Nitric Oxide boost as wel.

Bottom line with this supplement, its loaded to the teeth with pump ingredients.

The taste of this product is downright awful in my opinion. "Flavored after the pulp he left in his wake" is how their own website describes the taste but to me this is pretty much a terrible beet taste that is hard to deal with and one of the only supplements i actually dreaded the taste of.

Mixability is also rather poor. The product clumps in the container, probably do to the Glycerol, and some of that carries over to the shaker bottle as well. Regardless of whether I used a strainer style or wire ball style, I had to shake it a ton to get all the clumping out and there was still a large amount of undissolved "floaties" in the mixture. Combine that with the taste and I had to pretty much hold my nose and chug it as fast as I could.

Dosing is standard for a pre-workout. After testing your ability to withstand all the ingredients with a half scoop, directions are 1 scoop, 15-30 minutes before a workout mixed with 16 oz of water.

9.3/10

Does it work? Heck Yes!!! While I quibbled a bit with particular ingredients in that section make no mistake, this is the most crazy pump I have ever had in a pre-workout. I had a noticeable increase in vascularity and felt like my muscles were straight up bulging after my sets were completed, even sets of lower reps. In turn, this really increases confidence and gave me the feeling that my sets were already a sure thing, I just had to go get it done.

As expected, there was very little energy increase as you get with caffeine and other stim products. I did feel more energized but that has to do more with the feeling that I was absolutely crushing the weights than the high energy stimulant feeling.

8.0/10
    I can only find this a their own website and the price is $30 for a 15 serving container. At $2 a serving, this is clearly in line with other premium pre-workouts that are clinically dosed. At that level, I think this is a good value overall as you're getting solid, clinical doses resulting in skin splitting pumps. If this company and product take-off, I'd hope to see sales and other promotions bringing the cost down.

Side Effects

Tingles from the Beta-Alanine but that's it.

Conclusion

8.2/10

If you can get past the taste, this is a fantastic product for anyone looking for a non-stim pump pre-workout. The key though is how much taste matters to you, I normally don't care all that much but this one was bad enough that it brought down the overall score that I gave the product but a few tenths of a point. Getting past that though, this is a decently priced product with good value that works better than any other like it that i have tried. I do miss the stims on those early morning workouts where I'm dog tired, but if you don't want those stims, hard to find anything that can top the effectiveness of this.
    Recommended.

Thanks to Flex Nutrition for sending it out!
      July 18, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Interesting Ingredient
    • Moderate Effects
    • No Side Effects
    • Decent Value
    • Longer Product Run

A different kind of fat burner, this one has some promise

Greetings SR! Back again with another review and this time it's the fat-buner 'The INCINERATOR' by Flex Nutrition. Firstly, I want to thank the SR TROOPs program and Flex Nutrition, for giving me the opportunity to try this product out. If you want to know of my background, you can find it in my profile here at:

Serving Size: 2 Caps
    Lyzme5 - 500mg
    CLA Powder (standardized to 35% CLA) - 300mg
    Raspberry Ketones - 175mg...

A different kind of fat burner, this one has some promise

Serving Size: 2 Caps
    Lyzme5 - 500mg
    CLA Powder (standardized to 35% CLA) - 300mg
    Raspberry Ketones - 175mg
    Garcinia Cambogia Extract - 100mg
    Green Tea Extract (standardized to 50% polyphenols) - 75mg
    Other ingredients for the caps themselves

First thing you'll notice with this supplement is that there isn't huge doses of the more common fat burners. Others have covered this but the bottom line is that CLA, Green Tea Extract and Garcinia are all pretty low amounts.

Next we have the Raspberry Ketones which is supposed to be a fat burner but examine has very little data on its effects in general. The only studies I could find its ability to do this are not human based but on rats and equivalent dosages would be at 1.1g-5g for a 200lb person, so this might be very low as well.

Lyzme5 is the trick pony in this supplement. What it looks like it's supposed to do is make it easier for your body to burn fats for energy as a whole. I would suppose that the overall effect then is to use the low dosages of the other ingredients to mobilize the lipds and then the lyzme5 makes it easier to burn them off (conjecture there).

Two caps so no taste, but they do have an interesting look to them, a spotted dark brown on a light brown.

Again, not really applicable here, but they are not that big so easy to swallow.

Dosing is pretty standard for a weight loss product, take 2 caps 2x a day 30 minutes before meals. This dosing is pretty easy to follow for me so no issues here. Flex sent me a message with the product that the product works best as it is built up so to make sure i take it for a continuous 30 days. I was able to follow this but as a whole, life can get in the way so if you are not sure you have the discipline to hold to the full 30 days, might be an issue.

7.5/10
    Other reviewers are a bit all over the map on this one but my results were positive. My goal with this product was not overall weight loss but fat loss. As with all fat burners, diet is crucially important and I followed a maintenance diet that was calorie neutral. The first 2 weeks I noticed no real effects as my weight and BF stayed the same (current BF was at 20.5% taken as a weekly average). In week 3, I dropped .5% and in week 4 dropped another 1% leaving me with a total BF % loss at 1.5% and a result of 19%. My final weight came down by only .5% through the course of the 4 weeks.

I take these results as the product doing what is supposed to do, aiding in fat loss when combined with a diet and workout program.

7.0/10
    Flex Nutrition has this for just under $30 for a 60 ct bottle. That will get you 30 servings but per their instructions to me, I would need to purchase 2 bottles to get my 2 servings per day for 30 days. That puts me at essentially $1 a day for this product. Not the most expensive fat burner out there but not exactly cheap either in my opinion. I think there is certainly value in there for someone that doesn't do well on other thermogenic fat burners and wants a little help in fat loss but its not a steal.

Side Effects

A bit surprisingly, none

Conclusion

7.4/10
    This product is in line with my realistic expectations for a fat loss product. It's not a fat loss miracle pill but for me, it was effective and I think it helped me to tick my BF% down a notch when the diet I was following was not able to do so on its own. Key question, would I buy it at the listed price? Probably yes. I don't think it's as effective as some of the stronger thermogenics, but those come with side effects that I didn't get with this product. This one was more of a throw it in with my multi and get a little benefit at $1 a day. Overall, a nice little product.

Overall
    Thanks to Black Sheep Supplements for sending it out!
      July 17, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Quick Dextrose Energy
    • Neither Pre Nor Intra Workout

Not quite an intra-workout product, but also not a pre-workout, wouldn't recommend.

Greetings SR! Back again with another review and this time it's the intra-workout 'WORKHORSE Intra-Workout Compound' by Black Sheep Supplements. Firstly, I want to thank the SR TROOPs program and Black Sheep Supplements, for giving me the opportunity to try this product out. If you want to know of my background, you can find it in my profile here at:

Ingredients

Serving Size: 2 Scoops (42.9g)
    Calories: ...

Ingredients

Serving Size: 2 Scoops (42.9g)
    Calories: 75
    Beta-Alanine: 1g
    Beet Powder: 500mg
    Caffeine Anhydrous: 100mg
    Other trace ingredients

First thing you'll notice with this supplement is that there is a good amount of sugar (Dextrose) in it. Dextrose is a very high GI carb that is quickly processed by the body. While more common in some intra-workouts, this stood out to me pretty quick that I'm essentially putting down a good about of sugar water with everything else in there.

Moving on from there, the L-Citrulline is pretty much the clinical dose (depending on research, some show 6g as the most effective dose).

Next we have the Raspberry Ketone Powder 99% which is supposed to be a fat burner I assume but examine has very little data on its effects in general. The only studies I could find its ability to do this are not human based but on rats, however the amount of lb of mass is comparable (1.1g-5g for a 200lb person).
    For the rest of the ingredients, most of these dosages are on the lower side of ingredients but depending on if you take this after a pre-workout, you might be getting above the clinical dose.

Finally, not quite sure on the math about the total of ingredients. If you add up everything from the dextrose down, you get 34.55g. The total dosage should be 42.9g so not sure what's going on there and the weight I got was 26g from a single scoop which comes out to be 52g for a single dose.

Good news is that this is an all natural product so for those that don't want the artificial taste in their sups, this product will be alright. The bad news is that it tastes like it isn't artificially flavored and for all the dextrose in it, it's not overly sweet. I got Raspberry Beetdown flavor and I can't really say it tastes like anything at all, maybe more beet than anything else, and the L-Citrulline comes through fairly clearly.

Mixability is okay but not great. I tried this product in both strainer style and shaker ball bottles and there is some settling but very little grit in it. I had to use closer to 24-28oz to get the product to fully dissolve, 42.9g is a huge amount of powder to mix in (and as mentioned above, I was weighing out even more than that)!

Dosing is where I have some issue with the product. Directions for the product are to "combine 2 scoops with 20 oz of cold water and shake vigorously. Drink entire mixture within 15 minutes of starting your warm up." For me this dosing was rather difficult as I also wanted to combine this with a pre-workout. As I'm taking another 16-20 oz of fluid in about 15 minutes before my workout on top of this, I was consuming well over a full quart of water within 30 minutes at the beginning of my workout. Needless to say, breaks were required pretty darn quick to run to the bathroom and kept me from getting into a good zone for my sets.

Additionally, without the pre-workout, that's still a lot of fluid to consume while I'm trying to do my warmup. Because of when you are supposed to take this product, I don't really think its an intra-workout product but more of a pre-workout product.

I started out using this product as directed as an intra-workout and took it after a pre-workout. On the whole, I didn't notice much effect on top of the pre-workout so I discontinued the pre-workout on days I took this. Just taking it by itself, the sugar calories are nice if you don't normally have time to get your pre-workout carbs in and you need a quick supply of energy. On days that I didn't get a chance to eat this was noticeable and helpful. Other than that however, I didn't get much effect of this product besides a decent pump and I think that makes sense as on the whole, the ingredients are underdosed.

This product, just like in the dosing, straddles the line between pre and intra workout. The ingredients are a nice boost to a weak pre-workout to get you to clinical dosing, but as a standalone, just isn't all that effective compared to others out there. Also, as an intra-workout, i would like to see some thought to recovery, maybe the inclusion of BCAAs?

One other claim of this product is to help with joints. I'm looking for the MSM to do this but I cannot say I noticed much of an effect.

5.0/10
    Currently, this product is available from the home company product page as well as Amazon, with both of them at $50 for a 30 serving tub which leads you to $1.67/serving. I didn't see any coupons or anything else so that is the price you are going to pay. For that price, I just can't see much value in this product. The L-Citrulline is dosed well but besides that, there just isn't much in there besides sugar water. For the same price, I could get most of the top 10 pre-workouts on the SR boards in either stimulant or pump that have the same ingredients but are better dosed.

Conclusion

This product is a letdown for me as an intra-workout as I think it's more of a weak pre-workout than anything else. While it's not a terrible product, it just isn't dosed well enough to compete with others at its price point.

(Note: Run of this coincides with my run of Mythos Supplements - Antaeus Pre-Workout but they were only taken together 2x due to the large water intake and the combination of ingredients did not agree with me. All subsequent uses of this product were as a standalone.)

Overall
    Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
      June 3, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Keeps You Full
    • Good Meal Replacment
    • Mixes Effortlessly
    • Amazing Taste
    • Prime Ingredients
    • Cookie Piece Are Almost Oreos
    • Not Cost Effective At 4 Scoops

Weight gainer or meal replacement, you're getting amazing quality taste with high quality calories in a nice ratio.

Greetings SR! Back again with another review and this time it's Major Mass brought to you by VMI. Firstly, I want to thank the SR TROOPs program and VMI Sports for giving me the opportunity to try this product out. If you want to know of my background, you can find it in my profile here at:

Serving Size 2 Scoops

Dietary Fiber 0g
    Sugars 10g
    Protein 20g

Ingredients:
    Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whole Milk Powder, Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate)
    Carb Blend (Maltodextrin, Legume-Based Starch Derived From Pisum Sativum (Peas) (As Carb10), Dextrose),
    Fat Blend (Coconut Oil Creamer, Avocado Oil Powder, Coconut Oil Powder, And MCT Powder), Non GMO Cookie Crumbs
    Natural And Artificial Flavors
    Sucralose
    Enzyme Blend (Protease 1, Protease 11, Amylases, Lipase, And Lactase)

Mass gainers seem to come in 2 types, either ridiculously high calorie ones with a massive amount of carbs, or a 'lean' gainer that balances out the ratios more so you go 1.5-2.0 carb to protein. As you can see, this is the later with a 3:2:1 ratio of carbs to protein to fat. To me this hits the sweet spot for what I'm looking for as a meal replacement.

I like that in the protein sources, whey is the #1 source. While i'm always going to look for isolate over concentrate, i have no qualms in a mass gainer about concentrate being the number one ingredient. The carbs are a nice mix of quick carbs like the maltodextrin and slower carbs like the Carb10. Finally, the fats are dealt with in the same manner, higher quality sources from coconut and avacado. The inclusion of the enzyme blend makes it easier to digest and should keep the gas down.

Taste is, for lack of a better term, fantastic. I got the ice cream sandwich (thanks VMI!) and I loved every single scoop of it. It's somewhere between an ice cream cookie sandwich I had as a kid and cookies and cream ice cream. Even the little cookie pieces had a nice and soft texture that reminded me of an Oreo soaked in milk. For a recovering fat kid, I couldn't ask for more.

Mixibility was good, but not great. While the powder dissolved very easily in water and milk (I used as little as 4oz per scoop), the tiny little cookie pieces settled to the bottom quickly and required a reshake between sips. Again, this is the cookie solids, not the powder, so they are meant to not mix up, just would have liked them to be suspended a bit more to get all the goodness of them.

Dosing is very needs dependent. There are 60 scoops of powder the 4 lb tub and each has 125 calories. This gives you a total of 7,500 calories to distribute as you see fit for your needs. The tub recommends a two scoop serving but also listed nutritional information for a 4 scoop serving. Addtionally, dosing is recommended both pre and post workout with a total recommendation of 2-4 servings a day depending on mass gaining needs. One of the highlights here is that the scoop is small, the same size as most protein shakes. This makes it much easier to tailor your portion sizes as well as actually get it into the shaker bottle of your choice without spilling, a downfall of some other mass gainers.

8.3/10
    I can't judge this as a mass gainer as I took it as a meal replacement instead. As a meal replacement option though, it was great. I played around a bit with the dosing and found that the sweet spot for me was 3 scoops in 12 oz of skim milk. This gave me right about 500 calories and struck the right balance for me between sating my hunger while not leaving me overly full and sitting like a brick in my stomach. With that mix, I was kept full for about 2-3 hours., close to how long I stay full when eating an actual meal. Mixing with water wasn't bad either but it left me feeling less than satisfied from a taste perspective and I was left wanting a bit more substance as it felt just too thin.

The cost of this supplement is $46 for a 60 scoop tub of 4lbs normally and can be as low as $40 from what I can find. This puts you at $.67 a scoop total and if you use the standard dose you'll pay $1.30 a go. Another way to look at this is that you're essentially getting 188 calories per dollar.

If you compare this product to other mass gainers, its more expensive per calorie than the high carb ones and about the same or a bit higher than other lean mass gainers. I find this to be a fair value as the ingredients are high quality and the taste is perfect.

Something for mass gainers in general, value is always in the eye of the beholder for a product like this as you are paying for convenience calories, food is almost always cheaper. Compare this to a meal-prepped option, this is almost certainly more expensive but it's also easy to make, keeps good for a long time, and transports easily.

Side Effects

None. I was expecting to have more of that gut bomb feeling but even if I took 4 scoops, didn't feel bloated or lethargic after having it. No gas either, i credit the enzyme blend but whatever it was, it worked well for me from a digestive standpoint.

Conclusion

8.6/10
    I'm a huge fan of this product as a meal replacement. It tastes great, is very convenient, and helped me meet my macros, all while tasting great and letting me feel like I have a treat in my diet. It's not cheap, but as I work full time and have two littles under the age of 3, I am willing to pay for making my life a little bit easier. Highly recommends for anyone who is looking for a shake that increases their macros or needs a well proportioned meal replacement.

Thanks to Sur PhytoPerformance for sending it out!
      May 27, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Easy Dosing
    • Questionable Effects

I didn't have the effects claimed from this supplement and don't see the value in the high price.

Greetings SR! Back again with another review and this time it's the single ingredient AltRed brought to you by Sur PhytoPerformance. Firstly, I want to thank the SR TROOPs program or giving me the opportunity to try this product out. If you want to know of my background, you can find it in my profile here at:

Well, this one is easy, it's a single ingredient supplement wh...

Well, this one is easy, it's a single ingredient supplement which contains 50mg of beetroot extract standardized to 25% betalains. That's it, there isn't anything else active and the other ingredients are just to put it into the pill. If we are just looking at beetroot, this is way underdosed as examine says that you need almost 500 grams/150 lbs. This is refined down to Betalains however and have some studies show that this particular substance helps with cardiovascular health, though dosing and source here seem unclear. As I'm not a biologist, biochemist, or anything even close to this, I can't say with any authority if the performance aspects from this are founded in science or not.

N/A
    Taste is non-existent as its a pill. It's very easy to swallow the pills as they about the size of single ibuprofen cap. Dosing is pretty easy most of the time. The instructions are to take 1 pill 2 hours before a workout that will last between 0 and 2 hours. Take another start of the workout that lasts 2 hours and another every 2 hours later for every additional 2 hours the workout will go. So a 2 hour workout means 1 will, a 4 hour workout means 2 pills, etc On off days, just take one pill. I never ended up taking more than 1 pill a day as when i did steady state cardio, it was always under 2 hours.

4.0/10
    Well...does it work? Ummm...I don't think so. I never noticed an increase in my cardio abilities in either speed or endurance when taking this product. For the days that I lifted and then closed with a tabata workout, my performance was the same. I ran at the same pace as usual, and felt like i was putting out the same effort with the same amount of fatigue. For my steady state cardio days, I also didn't notice a change in my performance when either running or biking. I will caveat this with I am not a primarily endurance athlete as this product looks geared towards. Perhaps those that are more endurance oriented and not as focused on muscular strength would see more effects.

3.7/10
    The cost of this supplement is $50 for 30 pills, coming out to just about $1.67 a serving for me (if i was going to pay for it). This is a high cost that I can't imagine myself paying. Comparatively, I put this supplement in the same vein as creatine and beta-alanine, both of which can be had for less than 20 cents a serving. This isn't a perfect comparison but they are both set to aid in performing your workouts when taken regularly. This is significantly more expensive than either of those two and with effects I cannot verify.

Side Effects

Nope, again I didn't notice anything from this one good or bad.

Conclusion

3.9/10
    This product didn't give me the results that I hoped for from it. I was hoping for an effect much closer to what I was getting from adding beta-alanine to my stack, a slight boost to performance/the ability to go a little harder for a little longer. Unfortunately, this didn't give me either and the high price tag drives me away from the product. I would be interested to see the results of this product by a competitive endurance athlete however as I think if there are effects to be had, they would be realized by them.

Overall
    Thanks to Flexx Sports Nutrition for sending it out!
      May 16, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Effective Hydromax
    • Decent Value
    • Reduces Soreness
    • Low Dosages
    ---Quick Summary----
    A BCAA supplement with a few add-ins. It's a bit expensive for the cost conscious but there is value in it, especially if you are a fan of the hydromax. Limited ingredients and dosages keep it from being a full featured intra or post and competing with some other brands.

---Quick Summary----

Greetings SR! Back again with another review and this time it's the Intra/Post BCAA supplement Aminoaide. Firstly, I want to thank the SR TROOPs program and the REXX rep, rexxsporrts, for giving me the opportunity to try this product out. If you want to know of my background, you can find it in my profile here at:

Three main pieces to this supplement: the BCAAs, L-Carnitine Tartrate, and the Hydromx.

Firstly on the BCAA, this had 5gs total in a 3:1:1 split. I generally look for the more common 2:1:1 ratio but I have no issue with this ratio either, I don't typically notice much of a difference as long as its at least pretty close.

Secondly we have the L-Carnitine Tartrate dosed at 1,000mg. This is on the lower edge of what is considered an effective dose. Depending on how you take this supplement, this might be a good amount or on the low side.

Finally we have the Hydromax 65% at 750mg. For those not familiar with Hydromax, essentially what it does is allow more water to be retained in your system. Hydromax is marketed as a pump ingredient since it leads to that "Swole" look but also aides in keeping you hydrated. Most sups that I've seen with this ingredient have between 700mg and 2000mg so this is in line with that but on the lower side.

Overall profile of this product isn't bad, on the light side of ingredients from a dosage standpoint but not to the point I wouldn't expect to see effects.

Only other thing worth mentioning here is that the product does contain sucralose so for those that prefer a more natural product, this might be of concern.

I asked for and received snow cone flavor. It took some getting used to as it was a much stronger flavor than I expected but did kinda sorta remind me of something like one of those red white and blue popsicles you got from the ice cream truck as a kid. By the end, I was actually enjoying it a lot, but taking it with less than 20 oz of water really makes the flavor too strong for me.

Dosing is a single scoop and the product is marketed as an intra/post workout supplement. The scoop is only 8g so not huge by any standard and it mixes up pretty easily in a shaker bottle with a fair amount of foaming that quickly dies down. There is a large amount of clumping, pictured below, in the tub but it didn't carry over after shaking. I do have a bit of a gripe about the clumping as it sticks to the bottom of the tub. The last 2 scoops I got out of the tub I had to scrap the side and I'm pretty sure there was enough product I couldn't get to at the bottom that would have resulting in another 1-1.5 scoops. Having received this through the TROOPs program, I can't complain too much but if i purchased it, I would be a bit peeved I wasn't able to get all it out.

I tried this 3 different ways, both as an intra or post as described on the tub and also in the mornings. As an intra workout powder, its okay but not particularly effective. I didn't notice more of a pump with this product and I expect it was that the hydromax just wasn't dosed high enough. As an intra, the benefit here is with the BCAAs for me and they did just about as well as other BCAA products I have had, enough to help decrease DOMS the next day but not a huge effect. The post was very similar, the BCAAs help to decrease soreness but not a huge difference and about the same as other 5g BCAA sups. The hydromax and Carnitine didn't provide much of a noticeable effect.

I tried both of these profiles for about 2 weeks and then switched to taking it in the morning. My reasoning for this is that although the hydromax wasn't a great pump inducer for me, i did notice i had a slightly higher water retention with better hydration. It wasn't a huge amount but it was enough to see an effect. I have run BCAA products in the past this way and liked it so it was a natural switch. The results were positive, I mixed one scoop with just about a liter of water and drank it over about 1-2 hours. This kept my hydration levels up with a rather tasty drink, as well as getting me the BCAAs in the morning to keep my muscles getting some support. This to me was the most effective way to take the supplement.

The cost of this supplement is $23.50 for a 30 serving tub, coming out to just about .79 cents for a serving at Amazon. This puts it fairly high on the servings for a BCAA product but then again, this isn't just a straight BCAA product since it includes two other ingredients, one of which being the hydromax that I saw good effects out of.

So is there value in this product? Sure, but it's somewhat in the convenience factor as you can get a much higher dose of hydromax, 2,000mg, for about .35 each. If you add in a BCAA supplement, you can get a higher dosage of ingredients for the same price or a little better. I can't say that there isn't value though because 1) that's true of most supplements that have a mash-up of ingredients and 2) it's a pain mixing powders and pills and there is value in having everything together in one product, especially if it tastes pretty good.

Side Effects

None, you're going to pee a lot if you take the amount of water needed to get the full effect of hydromax, but thats kinda the point.

Conclusion

This is a decent to good product from Rexx and I would definitely get it again. My workout plan has me doing HIIT/tabata workouts after my lifting and keeping my hydration up is important so that I can get the most out of those. The hydromax added to a BCAA powder worked well for me supporting this. I don't believe this is a great intra or post workout however as it doesn't have some other ingredients I would like to sees such as citrulline, taurine, glutamine or betaine. However, at the price, this product does meet a need pretty well, recommended.

Thanks to LabTech Nutraceuticals for sending it out!
      May 2, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Insane Ingredient Profile
    • No Proprietary Blends
    • Clinically Dosed
    • Great Value
    • Improved Confidence
    • Might Be Too Much Stim For Some
    • Slight Crashing

If you are looking for a fully stocked preworkout and can handle the stims, this product is a beast and actually a great value for the price at approx. $1.45 a serving.

Greetings SR! Back again with another review and this time it's the pre-workout taking SR by storm, Full Spectrum RX brought to you by LabTech Nutraceuticals. Firstly, I want to thank the SR TROOPs program and LabTechNutraceuticals rep, labtechnutra, for giving me the opportunity to try this product out. If you want to know of my background, you can find it in my profile here a...

Greetings SR! Back again with another review and this time it's the pre-workout taking SR by storm, Full Spectrum RX brought to you by LabTech Nutraceuticals. Firstly, I want to thank the SR TROOPs program and LabTechNutraceuticals rep, labtechnutra, for giving me the opportunity to try this product out. If you want to know of my background, you can find it in my profile here at:

Ingredients

There is nothing that I can add in this section that would be more complete than what some other reviewers have already said in this section. Bzyczek has already covered every ingredient in here in detail in his review so if you want a full rundown I would recommend you look there.

I do want to point out that this is one of the most complete pre's that I have ever had before in terms of ingredients and it's fantastic that all the ingredients are disclosed fully, no prop blends here. This makes it clear that you are getting what amounts to clinical doses of all the major ingredients so you don't have to worry you are getting shorted on particular ingredients. Especially with the amount of stims in this product, knowing the exact amounts is important so you can moderate your intake of stims from other sources.

Honestly I didn't think the taste was that bad. I asked for and received the Black Cherry Lemonade, and while I wouldn't confuse it with tasty, I didn't really have any issue drinking it down. To mix it up, I used the standard blender bottle with whisk ball and that made quick work of the admittedly huge scoop of this product in about 10 sections when mixed with about 12 oz of water. There was a little bit of grittiness near the end but as long as you don't let it settle out, I never had an issue getting the full dose of product. The dosing on this is one scoop, just over 22g. I drank this down about 10 minutes before getting to the gym and I started feeling it about 15 minutes after I took it, just as I was settling in to start my warm-ups.

BOOM! And i mean that in a good way! This product is the most effective all around preworkout that I have taken in recent memory. Firstly, the energy I got from this is real and it hit me hard. At the 15 minute mark, the stims really got me going and any lingering tiredness just vanished. This is a real big deal for me as I have 2 kids below the ages of 3 at home, sleep isn't exactly my friend lately and this helped me to get the most out of my workouts. Even after my battle with the barbell was over at 30-50 minutes later and I was on to cardio, I still noticed a definite increase in energy and was able to continue pushing through the HIIT workouts. I tried to take this to see how it worked for steady-state cardio but that's one area it did not help me with much. I tried using both a full scoop and cutting to a half scoop, and the stims hit me but just seemed to make me a bit amped up for the first few minutes, but it was short-lived and my endurance didn't increase.

Additionally, this pre also helped a good deal with keeping me on task and focused in the gym. I don't have a ton of experience with other Nootropics but I did notice after the fact that I was able to stay locked in and not distracted, even when on my rest periods between sets. Definite plus for me.

9.0/10
    This is a clear case of you get what you pay for, and in this case that means you get a lot, but you're going to have to pay for it. LabTech's website has this product at the best price I can find and they also have a coupon pop up everytime I get on the website for ~13% off. That puts this preworkout at $43.50 for 30 servings or right at $1.45/per. Every once in a while my pop-up coupon is 18% off so that drops the price per serving to $1.37. It's not a quite a steal but its starting to get close. Quality costs money and considering what you are getting, I find this price to be great value and well worth the cost if you are looking for a seriously powerful preworkout. Compared to other similarly dosed products, there is definitely value in this product.

Side Effects

While I appreciate the overall effects of the stims, they did cause me a bit of jitters once they hit and stuck with me for about 20 minutes. That never really did go away, even by the end of the tub, but that didn't keep me from taking the product and enjoying its effects overall.

Conclusion

8.8/10
    This product is a serious contender for best preworkout you can get right now. The only thing this product was not my choice for was when doing long duration steady state cardio but for everything else, this product got me locked in to get the most out of my workout every time I stepped into the gym. If you are looking for a fully stocked preworkout and can handle the stims, this product is a beast and actually a great value for the price at $1.45 a serving or better. Highly Recommended!

Overall
    Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
      May 1, 2018

• Carnosyn
    • No Other Ingredients
    • Amazing Value
    • High Quality
    • Parasthesia

A supplement that lives up to the claims on the label. It won't do the work for you, but it'll help you do more work.

Greetings SR! Back again with another review and this time it's the single ingredient Beta-Alanine brought to you by NutraBio. Firstly, I want to thank the SR TROOPs program and NutraBio rep, Shunsberger, for giving me the opportunity to try this product out. If you want to know of my background, you can find it in my profile here at:

Well, this one is e...

Well, this one is easy, it's a single ingredient supplement of beta-alanine. That's it, there isn't anything in the tub (except the teeny little 2 g scooper). Of note, this isn't just any beta-alanine, but CarnoSyn beta-alanine. Why does that matter you ask? Well, as it says on the CarnoSyn website its "the only beta-alanine licensed under NAI's global patent estate for use as a human dietary supplement." Now if you ask me if that means others are not as effective, I honestly have no idea but I like the idea that I am getting the "name brand" of the ingredient. I liken this to getting Creapure versus regular monohydrate, it might be the same but why take the chance.

As a quick primer on Beta-Alanine, its works. Specifically, it buffers the acid in your muscles allowing you to have more endurance in high intensity exercise. The three main results of this are (pulled from https://examine.com/supplements/beta-alanine/):

These results are all listed as high or very high consistency of results.

Taste is, for lack of a better term, tingly. Its essentially a flavorless white crystal that looks like rather like large sugar. It mixes up easily in any liquid I tried it in, usually either in my morning greens powder, morning BCAA, or even in a cup of coffee. It didn't change the flavor almost at all no matter what it was in except it added a bit of a "bite" that is a much milder version of having it directly.

Dosing is up to the individual at 1 to 2 scoops per day per the label. There is a warning to not add to products that already contain beta-alanine. If you go to CarnoSyn's website, they will tell you that the product needs to be loaded with at least 3.2g/day for 28 days (this is what was used in the controlled test) to get effects and that loading with double that amount, 6.4g/day can increase the effect. The loading doesn't need to be the same each down however as its the loading over time. I wanted to run the full effects of the product so I used either 3 doses a day on rest days, getting 6g, or a single dose of 2g when I took my pre-workout that has 3.5g of Beta-Alanine (Non-CarnoSyn) already in it. For the multi-dose days, I made sure to split up my dosing by at least 4 hours in between.

Well...does it work? Heck yes! Rarely am I that impressed with the lofty claims of this product which are to improve muscular endurance for more productive workouts, improve exercise capacity so you can train harder and longer, boost muscular strength and power output, and increase intracellular carnosine levels delaying muscle fatigue and metabolic acidosis. With the exception of the power output, this product delivers on everyone of them. While I didn't see the power output increase really (my 1RM didn't make any major jump over the run of the product), I was able to get more reps out of the later sets in my workout plan. Additionally, I noticed when I doing my tabata finishers, the later sets where I was struggling became easier. These results were most noticeable in the 3rd and 4th week of the run. The first 2 weeks, I did not see this pronounced effect so I agree the loading is necessary.

The cost of this supplement is $32 for a 360g tub, coming out to just about 18 cents for a 2g serving. This is on the high side of beta-alanine supplements with the cheapest I've seen at 4 cents a gram, but that product was not CarnoSyn. To compare CarnoSyn products, I cannot find any that are cheaper than this product.

So is there value in this product? Absolutely! I trust having the name brand of CarnoSyn for my beta-alanine and I trust the name of NutraBio for their transparency of every part of the process, from the ingredients to the manufacturing. Usually you have to pay a little more for the NutraBio name but in this case, you don't and that makes the value here pretty fantastic.

Side Effects

Yup, paresthesia. That is the tingles that you get from Beta-Alanine and the first time you take this product, you'll notice it. For me they never really went away although they were much less noticeable after the first week. The sensation is harmless but if you don't know its coming, it would probably be disconcerting.

Conclusion

This product is already added to my must have stack as its fairly cheap and increases my performance in the gym so I'm getting the most out of my workouts. I look at it in the same vein that I look at creatine now, a product with proven test results and that I can be confident it aiding my training. NutraBio has taken the best beta-alanine out there and delivered it to us in a cost effective way. I averaged 13 scoops a week to get to my goal dosage (plus what was in the pre-workout) at a cost of about $2.30 a week, well worth the price if you are serious about getting all you can out of your workouts. Highly Recommend!