felipeba

• Low community participation

Reviews by felipeba

November 4, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Effective
  • Wish More Pumps
Well, got it again on a BOGO, and had a good surprise! I was a lot skeptical with this "Pump Igniter" after trying the "Astravar 2.0" from the same brand.

Consideration: I was using "Beta-Cret" from Promera 2 times a week and the other 4 training days I used Pump Igniter. Upper parts I used PI, lower parts I used BC, it's explained on my BC review.

Price: 8. Had it on a BOGO sale at BB (I always get these things on a BOGO do make the shipment and taxes here worth for me), 2x 14 servings for around 18 dollars. In this case, I would rate a 10, but getting 14 servings for 18 dollars or 30 servs for 30 dollars, it's just regular, so I'm giving 8 due the good job it did for me.

Profile: 8. I wish it wasn't a prop blend, so I would give it a 9. It has Hydrocarn, a different beta-alanine, and I could feel the tingles much faster with this, around 5-10 minutes I'm feeling the tingles. It also has L-Citrulline, and a bunch of other things.
I need to consider the 300mg of caffeine. I wish it was a smaller dosing so I would try 2 scoops to get a bigger pump, but due my training schedule I couldn't add 600mg of caffeine and keep my sleeping routine.
It also has the Astravar in the formula, I think it does the job since I was able to feel it kicking in every time with only 1 scoop.

Taste: 8. Had cherry limeade, a very good taste but with some beet root aftertaste. If you don't have issues with beet root, like me, you gonna like it.

Effectiveness: 8. Could feel it kicking in every time I used it, 1 scoop each time. This time I used a precision scale to measure the scoop size and it's not tricky. 1 scoop filled to the rim has the right amount.
Pump: 7. Due the name, "PUMP IGNITER", I wish I had bigger and better pumps, so in the pump part I'm giving 7. Just an Ok.
Energy: 9. 300mg of caffeine and a lot of stuff to turn you on in 1 scoop. If you are sensitive to stims, take 1/2 scoop in the 1st time to see what it happens.
Endurance/Recover: 8. Better endurance and recover when using it than not using it.

Cons: No side effects at all.

I like it, TSN did a very good job with this one. Wish it had a little bit more pumping stuff than stims.

November 4, 2013

• Great Mixibility
  • Find It On Sale
  • No Pump
Think it's just an OK PW. I'm not surprised at all.

Used alternating with Pump Igniter from TSN, but since I got no pumps (it's not the focus of this product) I thought it was better to use on leg days due the endurance it gave me.

Price: 6. 10 dollars on 2x 8 dosings. Had to use almost 2 scoops each time. Each container lasted 5 times. 1 dollar each time, just OK. If I paid full price (10 dollars for 8 servings) it would be terrible.

Taste: 9. Great, got the pineapple. A different flavor, this was a good surprise.

Mixability: 10. Mixes very well. No residues.

Profile: 6. Wis...
Think it's just an OK PW. I'm not surprised at all.

Mixability: 10. Mixes very well. No residues.

Profile: 6. Wish it had some pump-stuff, some NO precursors, but this isn't the focus of this product. Wish it had more beta-alanine to make it OK.

Effectiveness: 7. Helped me with the endurance and turn a little bit on, around 250mg of caffeine will help. This was the reason for me to use on leg days. Since I'm running a bit every day, it helped me to keep running/cardio (on these days just a bit, main focus is weight lifting) before weight lifting.

Cons: had to understand it wasn't going to help me getting pumps, since I had none. It helped me on endurance.

Bottom line: wouldn't buy it again.

October 27, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • It Works
    Price:9 - paid around 4.00 for 100 caps, for me a good price.

Taste: - it's a tiny pill.

Need to say: I only took this brand of caffeine, so I can't say for other, but this one leaves a dust in the interior of the bottle, so I think you should watch out for humidity where you gonna store it after you open the bottle. Think it's made this way to make the absorption faster. I kept my bottle inside a container and it worked.

Price:9 - paid around 4.00 for 100 caps, for me a good price.

Taste: - it's a tiny pill.

Profile: 10 - like the way I wanted, 200mg on a pill. If you want more, take 2 pills or brake one to make something around 300mg. Maybe you want something with more or less caffeine for each pill, but I wanted 200mg.

Effectiveness: 10 - pure caffeine, gives good and clean energy. When I want to take something to keep me going on the evening, I know I cant take it around 6pm and I will be able to sleep around 11:30pm.

Would buy again? Yes. Already using my second bottle on the days I will take only caffeine, or when I need extra focus and no pumps or another stuff from a pre-workout.

3.0
      October 19, 2013

Cons:
      Well, I've heard Astravar 2.0 could be used solo but honestly I couldn't feel anything this way. Tried 1 pill and also 2 pills solo, and got nothing! No pumps, no extra focus.
      So, I ran it with 2 pre-workouts: 1st time with White Flood, 2nd time with Neurocore. I could feel some effects when stacking with another PW. 2 scoops of Neurocore + 1 pill of Astravar 2.0 gave me the same effects of 3 scoops of Neurocore... Honestly, I don't think it worth the price.

Price: 3. If you can get it on a great deal, and also get your PW on a great deal it may worth it. But today I don't think it worth the price.

Taste: 7. It's a pill, but sometimes you gonna burp something like beetroot. No big deal here.

Profile: 6. A lot of stuff on a pill and it's a prop bend. They say it will give better pumps.

Effectiveness:4 - I will make 2 reviews on this part:
      Effectiveness solo: 0. Nothing special, nothing happened, zero.
      Effectiveness stacked: 8. It can "make the PW last longer", since I could take less scoops to have the same effects. Also, when I took full dosage with Astravar, I had bigger and long lasting pumps. Maybe it was a placebo, maybe it was really working, maybe I could habe the same "bigger and long lasting pumps" adding 1 more scoop than full dosage.

Would I buy it again? No. I think it's a good thing to add in the PW, but the price doesn't worth it.
      I'm taking Pump Igniter, from the same company, and they have Astravar inside their formula, and maybe it's a good thing. But buying it to add, for me, it's the same thing mixing 2 pre-workouts in the same time.

September 21, 2013

• Discloses All Ingredients & Amounts Per Serving
      • Personally I Didnt Crash
      • Built A Tolerance
      • Will Keep You Up All Night If You Take It Late
      • Doesn't Mix Well
      Took this product over a month, didn't get the scoop size. Had more than 50 scoops (in a 45 scoops container), using the scoop full. Think the way they measure it is like a "heaping scoop" or something similar.

Need to say sometimes I also took Astravar 2.0 with this PW.

Value: 10. Got it on a BOGO on BB. It was a good deal.

Profile: 8. Good profile, but I think it should have more L-Citruline and Beta-Alanine per scoop. The stims are ok IMHO.
      And the labe is full disclosed, always a good stuff.

Taste: 7. Grape.
      Mix: 5. Need to shake well to get all stuff gone, but when you do...

Need to say sometimes I also took Astravar 2.0 with this PW.

Value: 10. Got it on a BOGO on BB. It was a good deal.

And the labe is full disclosed, always a good stuff.

Taste: 7. Grape.
      Mix: 5. Need to shake well to get all stuff gone, but when you do this it will foam a lot.

Effectiveness: 8. You need 3 scoops to get things really going. Sometimes I took 2 scoops + Astravar 2.0 and could feel the tingles like if it was 3 scoops. 3 scoops + Astravar were the best for me, but c'mon, it was "2 pre-workouts".

Energy/Focus: 8. Pushed me at the gym, this part was very good.
      Pump: 7. Pumps came easier and lasted longer. Just 3 or 4 times I got tremendous pumps, out of 30 times...
      Endurance: 9. Added more weight and sometimes more reps to my sets.

Cons: 3. Sometimes was agitated after my training, kind of 45-60 minutes after it.

Overall: 8.5

I liked it and I have another container and will use in the near future. Wish I had a scale to measure how much I was taking per scoop, think next time I'll focus on using the container on 15-20 workouts to max the effects.

August 19, 2013

• Focus
      • No Bloat
      • Solid Pumps
      • Upset Stomach
      Used as a PW during my last cutting, chose it beacuse it doesn't have creatine and the price was very good. Got it on a BOGO at BB for around 17 bucks. 2x 20 servs for 17!

Price: 9. Each scoop was 42 cents for me. Using 2 scoops I could keep it under 1 dollar (0.84). Think it's very good.

Ingredients: 6. Good profile but with some proprietary blends. So I'm taking 1 point here due blends. For me it was sub-dosed. 2 scoops will do the job very well.

Taste: 7. Got the "furious fruit punch". Good taste but a weird beet juice aftertaste. No complains here. Should add more water to keep it less sweet and better to drink.

Mixability: 7. Few clumps when used with less water. No big deal.

Effectiveness: 8. Good pumps, good vascularity. Does the job! I could feel the tingles from beta alanine, the focus was good too. But I think the stims aren't that strong (at least for me!). So it became a good choice because I work out after 6pm 80% of my time. Could take it around 6pm and didn't mess with my sleep.

Side-Effects: 5 (less is better). When I increased from 1 to 2 scoops (on the 3rd day) I spent the next 3 days going at least 5 times to the bathroom. Then it was ok.

Recommend? Yes.

June 15, 2013

• There Are Better Products
      This has become my to-go protein powder. Main reason: price here in Brazil.

I always get the Vanilla because it has more protein and less carbs per serving. I ran 3 tubs 2 lbs tubs, I'm running another 5 lbs tub

Taste: 8/10. Good vanilla taste, you can mix with another stuff (like banana and milk, with strawberry and milk and make a good shake like a MRP). 90% of the time I drink it solo (with water only) and it's good.

Mixability: 9/10. Mixes very well, small clumps sometimes, you need to shake a little bit more to make it dissolve. No worries here.

Profile: 8/10. Good proporti...
      This has become my to-go protein powder. Main reason: price here in Brazil.

Profile: 8/10. Good proportion, but it's only Whey Concentrate (no isolates on the new formula).

Price: for me it's a 10 in Brazil. Just to compare: if I pay 50 dollars on a 5 lbs tub on BB I would pay another 35 dollars just to ship. And if customs tax it here, I'll pay another 30 dollars on taxes (60% tax to import stuff), so it would cost me 115 dollars to buy a 5 lbs tub. So it's just impossible to pay this price on protein!
      Here I can get some internet deals and pay around 70-75 dollars on a 5 lbs tub and get a good quality protein.
      If you compare with other proteins, it should be cheaper than Optimum Gold Standard IMHO. So I'll give a 7 to U.S. residents (I think 50 dollars on a 5 lb tub is just Ok. If you can get it cheaper it's worth).

Effectiveness: 8/10. It's hard to rate this stuff on protein. I drink it 2 times on training days (1 pre and 1 post, 1 scoop each time). It gives me a good recovery, it's a lean protein (32g scoop: 120 cals, 23 protein, 1.5 fat and 4 carbs). I don't get bloated, I don't need to rush to the bathroom after taking it, I can stack it very well. So it's a good protein for me.

Should I recommend? Yes if you can get it for a good price (like me here, or a good deal). If you want to mix stuff (milk, fruits, oats and make a bigger a long lasting shake) and spare your isolate whey, I also think it's a good option since it's only concentrate.

June 8, 2013

• Good Recovery
      • Mixes Well
      • Not A Good Meal Replacement
      • Price Was A Little High
      Finished two 5lbs tubs already, one Vanilla and a Mocha Capuccino.
      Here in Brazil we pay a lot to get this high quality protein powder. So I buy 5lbs to make it last a bit more.

Everybody already know (or should know) about the profile of this famous whey protein. I'll make it shorter: around 31g scoop: 120 cals, 23g protein, low carb, low fat. Every protein powder should be around this. I honestly think: if you're paying more, you should get more. If you're paying less, it's OK to get less. But, try to stick with a brand that gives you something around this!

Taste:
      Vanilla Ice Crea...
      Finished two 5lbs tubs already, one Vanilla and a Mocha Capuccino.

Taste:
      Vanilla Ice Cream: 7 - it's OK. My first choice when buying a protein is vanilla. Don't ask me why. It's a little bit chalky and makes too much foam.

Mocha Capuccino: 8 - tastes better, but should be thicker. If you mix less water, it gets better. If you mix with skim milk or low fat milk it's really good. But you don't buy isolate whey to mix with this stuff. If you like mixing, buy concentrate whey (it's cheaper!). Since you gonna be mixing with water, let's give an 8.

Profile: 9 - great proportion, high quality ingredients.

Mixability: 10 - even with vanilla's foam, it used to dissolve fast. And it was OK to drink, something different. No clumps at all. Always used a bottle like the blender bottle or the smart shake.

Effectiveness: 9 - it's a all-round whey protein for many people, but not for me. I used only post-workout due the price I paid here in Brazil (it's expensive to import also, due the weight) and because it's primary ingredient is whey isolate. Could keep my diet without many changes, drink it post-workout and get a bit leaner and a bit stronger. Recovery was good too! My routine was 6x a week, around 80-90 minutes each day (60 lifting with low intervals and 20/30 minutes cardio or HIIT).

Value: 6/Brazil - 10/U.S. - very good pricing when you compare to other brands in U.S. sites. For me was kinda expensive. I'm giving 8 to keep it between both results and being fair.

Should I recommend this one? For sure.

June 8, 2013

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Fat Loss
      • Increased Focus And Concentration
      • Diminished Appetite
      • Euphoric Feeling - Felt Very Happy
      • Be Careful - Extremely Potent
      • Pricey..but Worth It.
      Ok, it's been a while since I took this one... January 2012. Made a full bottle cycle (1st and 2nd days: 2 pills - 1 morning, 1 afternoon. 3rd and beyond: 3 pills a day). Took it every day, strict diet.
      Workout routine: 90 minutes 5 times a week (20 minutes warmup and cardio, 40 minutes lifting, 30 minutes cardio), weekends 60 minutes jogging/HIIT.

I was more experient during that time, had 1 year of work outs, built some muscle, and decided it was time to make a cut. My workout routine was just to try keep the muscle I built, my main goal was lose weight from body fat.

Pill size...

Pill size: 10. Small pills, no aftertaste at all.

Value: 8. Since 7 is my "OK", 8 means it's a fair price.

Hunger Suppressant: 9. Controlled almost all my cravings during the days I took it. Had it without any cheat days. I record I had like 4 or 5 cheat meals during the cycle.

Energy: 7. I think that energy was not the main aspect of OEP. It gave me some energy during my daily activities and during my workout routine, but nothing shocking. Can say it was a clean energy.

Effectiveness: 9. Got rid of 11 pounds. I can't measure with numbers how much fat I lost, but all my clothes got loosen. I got rid of some weight during this 1st year at the gym, but during the cycle I got lean. Had to buy new clothes!
      I gave me a reeeeeally good mood during the cycle. I wasn't shocked like when I took Lipo-6 Black, but I felt happier than normal. Motivated is a good word to describe!
      Sweating was very intense during workouts, but not during the day. I think it's a very positive thing! I could feel myself warmer, but I wasn't dropping sweat around like Lipo-6 Black.

Side effects: 2 (lower the better). Lost some muscle during this cut, but it was expected. Had some minor crashings before lunch when I worked out in the morning.

Recommended? Yes! Another great thing for me: I could keep my weight low, it wasn't only water weight. Dropped some body fat and it was a new motivation to keep working out!

June 4, 2013

• Effective
      • Fat Destroyer
      • Waist Line Reduced
      • Body Temperature Higher
      • Anxiety
      • Headaches
      • Too Much Sweating
      My 1st review on the 1st supplement I took. Found SR on google, and saw you guys are great, so I decided to share (I have a lot to share, but let's start from the beginning)

Back in 2010 I was 24 yo, around 300 lb (bf was high, for sure, but I was ashamed to measure). I'm 6'3 and a endomorph. I was on college to earn my DDS degree. Dropped couple pounds dieting and doing pilates before hitting the gym. In November I decided it was time to hit the gym and in December I took my 1st supplement: Lipo 6 Black.

Value: 7 (got 2 bottles on SNC when I was at USA for around 40 each).

Pill si...

Value: 7 (got 2 bottles on SNC when I was at USA for around 40 each).

Pill size / taste: (5 / 10): it was weird to drop 3 pills each time, but I was focused and it wasn't a big deal. No aftertaste.

Now I can compare with other thermogenics, so that's my review: I will divide in 2 times:

1st time: December/2010: I was around 280 pounds and working out (a light workout) just 3 times a week. I entered on my vacation period and ran this for 23 days (2 on the 1st day, 4 on the 2nd and 3rd day, 6 a day from the 4th day). Was at the gym during (80-90 minutes) the morning and jogging around 5pm (for 50-60 minutes). I was at the gym 5 days a week and jogging 7 days a week. Diet was OK and very strict.

Effectiveness: 10 - Bro, it shocked me. A lot! 40 minutes after taking it I was pushing my limits harder each day. And sweating a lot too! I felt like when I got back home I could work out a bit more, each day I spent couple more minutes at the gym. And pushed a little bit more during my jogging.

Hunger Suppressant: 8 - No hunger on most of the days. But I was eating each 2,5-3 hours, and eating right. No cheat meals. So it controlled my cravings. But I was doing it alright on the month before taking Lipo 6 Black. It helped me to keep going, so I'll give 8.

Energy: 10 - Felt like I was the most athletic guy on earth. And I could do more everyday.

Thermogenic: 10 - Sweat. Lots of sweating, even when I was trying to chill at home.

Side Effects: 7 - some jitteries and headaches.

Overall: 8. Dropped from 280 to 260 in 23 days.

-------------------------------

Now the 2nd time: February/March 2011 took the 1st bottle, waited 1,5 month and then took the 2nd bottle. Took it during 28 days (reduced dosage on Sundays). Working out around 60-75 minutes, 5 days a week. Jogging 60-70 minutes on saturdays. Was back on classes and took Sundays to rest. Diet was just OK, with 2 cheat meals (saturday nights beers and sunday lunch with dessert). Was able to keep the same weight, but I could feel miself with less fat since my waist line reduced.

Effectiveness: 8 - Wasn't the same thing. A bit disappointed here. But I could feel it kicking in every single time I took it. This time I was able to feel some pump and focus, and it was great. Also I was lifting more weight than the 1st time.

Hunger Suppressant: 7 - Helped me to keep dieting. But I need to feed my cravings sometimes. I consider 7 "OK, it worked but didn't shine".

Energy: 8 - dropped a bit at the gym, but I was back in college (from 8 am to 6pm, 5 times a week). I need to be honest and say it helped me to stay turned on all day long and go straight to gym after college (sometimes after some surgeries and I wasn't that tired!), but wasn't the same thing even with a 45-50 days interval between bottles.

Thermogenic: 10. Sweating was a issue now, it's annoying to sweat a lot during clinics. But it was the price I was paying to reach my goals. And I was aware of it since it was my 2nd bottle.

Side Effects: 9/10 - minor headaches.

Overall: 8. Dropped from 260 to 249. More 11 pounds. But this time I was starting to pack some muscles.

--------

Bottom line: it was VERY import to me, to change my game. It helped me achieving some goals and put me on the gym track.