ericholt80

• Reputation is somewhat low. (+16)
  • Was an active member for 1 year, but hasn't been online since April, 2013
  • Member has only posted 2 reviews
  • Moderate community participation

Reviews by ericholt80

Overall
Overall
  March 18, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Ok
  • Helps Recovery
  • Good Amount Of Flavors
  • Good Value When On Sale
  • Better Proteins Out There
This is my first product review so please go easy on me. I have never been a big protein shake person.I have a hard time finding protein powders that I can stand to drink without feeling like I am going to gag. GNC's 100% Whey Protein did not give me that feeling. I could tolerate both of the flavors that I tried and did not dread the thought of needing a shake after my workout.

TASTE: 7/10

TASTE: 7/10
I used two 1 pound bags to try different flavors. I tried the Strawberry and the Strawberry/Banana. I didn't feel like I was having to choke it down like some other brands. I have definitely had worse tasting Protein Powders but not my favorite by far.

MIXABILITY: 6/10
If you are mixing with a Shaker bottle or spoon the mixability is not great. Hard to remove clumps using water or milk. I use a blender to mix my protein shakes and it mixed very well that way. Not everyone has the time or availability to use a blender so I rated it a 6 for that reason.

EFFECTIVENESS: 7/10
Rating a Protein powder on effectiveness isn't easy. If you drink protein shakes but don't work hard in the gym then you won't see results. It's not a magic supplement but it will definitely assist recovery if used properly and consistently.

VALUE: 6/10
GNC items are usually overpriced if you aren't buying with the gold card. Fortunately here on base you can use your gold card 7 days a week so the discount always applies. You can pick better value proteins online in my opinion but if you are in need of a protein powder immediately while yours is being shipped this is a decent option.

OVERALL: 6/10
GNC's 100% Whey Protein is a decent buy and will do what you need it to do. If you are in a bind and need to pick up something fast just grab a 1lb bag while you wait for your regular protein powder to arrive.