efishman

• Was an active member for 3 years, but hasn't been online since April, 2013

Reviews by efishman

May 5, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Low Carbs/fat
  • Tastes Great
  • Decent Change To The Norm
  • Not That Cheap Compared To Others
  • Heavy Foam In Shaker Cup
Well i have to say that Syntrax Nectar is a very unique protein for anyone who has been around the block. they are some of the best tasting (and unique) flavors around. It is a 100% Whey isolate with 0 carbs and 0 fat. It is fruit juice flavored (and some others) and very thin. You can hardly tell your drinking a protein which is a plus because i like to sip it intra workout and its not heavy at all.

The value is pretty good considering its an isolate, but i usually buy concentrate which is cheaper. I can deal with the lactose but if you cant this is lactose free.
Its around 25 dollars...

Its around 25 dollars for 36 scoops at 34 grams of protein each so its not bad at all for an isolate

As for flavors, all of them are really good, I made all of them with 8 oz of water and some ice cubes. They taste like what they say they will and dont have a diet aftertaste which is nice. They do foam alot if you shake them but about 5 minutes of settling and they are fine. i have tried 13 flavors because of a variety pack i bought and here are my ratings.

Apple Ecstasy: 10/10, tasted just like a green apple air head. not very sour but nice and sweet.

Caribbean Cooler: 7/10. This was good but i just dont like coconut. It tastes like a pina coolada which im not a huge fan of.

Crystal Sky: 7/10 I thought this would be the best, it is like a tropical punch but its very heavy on the pineapple and i thought it was too tangy.

Fuzzy Navel: 9/10 This was a peach orange blend that tasted alot like tang with a little peach in it. it was very good

Lemon Tea: 8/10 I thought this would be gross but it actually tasted like lemon tea. for anyone who likes arnold palmer it comes very close to that.

Pink Grapefruit: 9/10 It tastes just like what you would think, it was very good and very refreshing

Roadside Lemonade: 7/10 This did not taste like lemonade! it tasted like lemon meraunge(?) pie, but it was good if you dont think about it as lemonade

Strawberry Kiwi: 10/10 this was one of my favorites. it was mostly strawberry but it was still really good

Twisted Cherry: 8/10 This was good if you like cherry, it was a little artificial tasting but im not a huge cherry guy.

Cappuccino: 10/10 WOW this was really good. it tasted just like a dunkin donuts frappaccino.

Chocolate truffle: 7/10 It was an average chocolate, a little too sweet for my taste

Vanilla Torte: 10/10 Second best Vanilla ever, to Muscle Milk but at 1/3 the calories. Amazing

Strawberry truffle: 8/10 it was a good creamy, sweet strawberry. tasted like strawberry shortcakes

All in all this is an awesome isolate for the price, and the unique flavors are all really good. i would recommend to anyone.

April 14, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Lean Mass Gains
  • No Carb Bloat
  • Muscle Fullness
  • Increase In Vascularity
  • Body Recomp
  • I Love Glycobol
  • Crazy Pump
  • Price Should Be Lowered
  • Green Poos
So after seeing an influx of positive reviews on this website and a very disappointing Prime cycle I decided that i should probably give this product a try.

The first week i took this i dosed it one pill before an AM meal and 1 pill before a PM meal because i heard there could be some potential stomach issues. I never had this problem and bumped it up to 2 pills in the AM and 2 PM for the rest of the bottle

During this cycle i was going for a recomp/maintenance before my summer beach cut. I was eating about 1.5 grams of protein, 1.7 grams of carbs, and .5 grams of fat per lb per day and about 2500 calories i would guess. I had no special diet plan i just was eating till i wasnt hungry each meal.
Other supplements: MyoFusion, CEE, Dark Matter, Assault, Joint Support, Opti-Men, Salmon Oil

A typical meal with Glycobol would be

breakfast: 4 egg whites, 4 pieces of whole wheat toast or a wheat bagel and chocolate milk and maybe a sausage

Lunch/Dinner: Roast beef sandwich, chicken breast, or some typical dining hall entree and then a small plate of whole wheat pasta if it was a Glycobol meal.

Effects: I started out 175 and around 15% bodyfat and after one bottle i am at 172 and between 10-11% bf. I look noticeably leaner in my face, neck, abs, and pretty much everywhere actually. I havent been doing any crazy cardio or any dieting yet, or used any cutting supplements.

I have noticed HUGE improvements in vascularity, and i dont just mean in the gym. All day i can see my bicep and forearm veins which is very new for me.
I have also noticed that my muscles feel full and dense all day long like a semi flex which is very nice. I never notice any feeling of food pump after i eat but it is an all day fullness that is very nice.

I didnt see any improvements in endurance in the gym, but my strength has stayed the same and even gone up a little while leaning out considerably.

Value: While this was a very good product, I as a college student cannot afford to spend 35+ shipping (TFSupplements) a month on a product. I did however see good results just using one bottle. I will definitely pick this up again in the future, but i might also try some cheaper alternatives (slin, Slin-Sane, Pslin, etc)

I found the best timing is around 20-30 minutes before a meal to really let it kick in before you eat.

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking to Lean Out a bit on a recomp, or eat carbs on a full cut. I am excited to see what this can do on a bulk as well.

December 24, 2010

• Includes Nitric Oxide
  • Easy To Take
  • Stronger Immune System
  • Time Released
    Well this is a review for a multi vitamin so theres not a whole lot i can say.

The price with gold card and buy one get one half of was very resonable, about the same as opti men on bb.com is.

It has a good vitamin and mineral profile, contains the basics with a few little extras. it has BCAA's but i cant imagine that the tiny amount would do anything.

In the end it is a solid multi vitamin that you take one in the morning, one at night and your done. Its not an Animal Pak but it has all the basics.

Well this is a review for a multi vitamin so theres not a whole lot i can say.

The one plus i have to it over Opti-Men which is my new one is that this is a time release vitamin. I never once saw the neon pee that i see with Opti-Men ( a sign that you are peeing out vitamins and minerals). It releases over 5 hours so that the vitamins dont just pass right through you 1 hour after you take it

December 15, 2010

• Nice Pump
    • Great Endurance
    • Tunnel Vision
    • Just A Little Expensive
    • Weak Energy
    • Upset Stomach
    Well i finished my first tub of this 4 weeks ago and just dipped into my second tub.
    as a background i am 18, lifting hard for 4 years, using supps for 1 year. other supps i was using - multi, protein, kre-alk so nothing special besides this. other preworkouts iv tried are Jacked, 1.M.R. and m5

taste - a good place to start.
    I had the blue raspberry and it tasted good.
    However 16 fl oz of liquid is alot to drink down before a workout. any less and it was too sweet.

taste - a good place to start.
    I had the blue raspberry and it tasted good.

stomach issues - this stuff usually gave me some sort of grumble in my stomach. It made me fart in the gym sometimes and in the month i used it i stopped my workout twice to go to the bathroom but it wasnt really anything terrible.

Endurance/strength - this stuff really helped me with endurance in the gym, my 3rd and 4th sets that usually lag were improved greatly. I also was adding weight to my lifts faster then when i wasnt taking it. It is a good strength builder

Energy - this is not a superstim like Jacked or 1.M.R. and if you've tried those this wont compare. it was enough energy to get me in the mood to workout and that is really enough for me. i workout after class and this was a good pick me up since i am usually tired at this time

pump - awesome, every time i would swell up like never before. much better than a superstim

muscle building - I put on very solid muscle while using this product. i had been working out a long time before so it wasnt beginner gains. i got comments from my girlfriend and parents which was nice. i put on 4 lbs of muscle in a month which is more than i usually can do.

value - got it for around 35 bucks for 20 scoops so this is a little expensive compared to others.

summary:
    pros - taste, awesome pump, steady strength gains, good size gains

cons - fillers, energy, a little rough on the stomach, lost strength when cycling off.

also it would sometimes kill my appetite for a few hours after my workout but this happens with other pre workouts too

in the end i liked this better than Jacked because it actually contributed to me gaining noticeably more size and strength but the energy is no where close

i would recommend this to someone looking for a good Muscle Builder/strength product but its not a superstim which some people prefer

October 12, 2010

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Smooth
    • Tastes Great
    • Excellent Morning Shake
    • Mixes Well
      i finally finished my first tub of Oats and whey and let me say it is one of my favorite staples. it is a quick and easy snack or you can drink it with a meal to add some extra protein.
      Im in college and its really easy to drink one of these for breakfast of between classes.
      Yeah you can take oats and blend them up with whey protein but that usually makes me gassy.
      The taste of chocolate is really good, its all natural which is nice. i always drink it in water and it reminds me of cold hot-cocoa or Yoo-Hoo for those who drank that as a kid. it also mixes pretty well

It isnt exactly...

It isnt exactly a perfect product, it barely has any fat in it which makes it not so useful as a meal replacement, i just add some natural peanut butter.
      Also with 9 grams of sugar, its only 14 grams of oats. its supposed to be equal to a serving of oats but thats really not, i would have liked to see closer to 20grams

as for effectiveness, its oats and whey so its not anything new for me. its alot easier than pounding down some steel cut oats in the morning before class.

The price, buy 2 get one free from bb.com, was unbelievable. it ended up being about 17 bucks for 2lbs which is around what i pay for whey anyways.

its a great concept of a product, perfect for inbetween meals or a quick breakfast. the price is right. i would like to see more oats in it but what can i do

August 28, 2010

• Tastes Amazing
      • Great Endurance
        i cant write anything that hasnt been said already. orange flavor tastes just like tang, it has 5 different carbs, BCAA's and glutamine + electrolytes. its pretty much the perfect intra workout except i add more glutamine powder. i definatly can notice an increase in endurance for both cardio and weight lifting. not to mention its only 27 bucks for 66 servings, work out 3 days a week thats like half a year worth. i reccomend it to everyone who asks why im drinking orange juice

August 13, 2010

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Good Amino Acid Profile
        • Keeps Muscles Fed Throughout Day/night
        • Great Amino Acid Profile
        • Great Time Release Protein
        • A Little Pricey
        this is my new favorite protein shake mix. i just finished my first tub and i love it. Its a bit expensive but its much better than choking down cottage cheese in my opinion. It has a great blend of fast, medium, and slow absorbing proteins with an impressive amino acid listing. Its great between meals and you can feel it sitting in your stomach for hours. I use it after i work out, before i go to bed, and any other time i need a quick protein snack. Some people complain about the thickness, and if you mix it with a spoon your right. if you put it in the blender with some milk it comes out just like a whey shake. I got the chocolate flavor and think it tastes pretty good. i like to mix a half banana in with it. i think it is a great product and am planning on buying another tub