dedios

• Reputation is somewhat low. (+25)
  • Member has been active for 1 year, and was last online 1 month ago
  • Member has only posted 2 reviews
  • Low community participation
  • Linked social media account

Reviews by dedios

----Introduction----
As I stated in my first review, I'm an NGA pro natural bodybuilder and have been lifting since 2012. I'm a huge believer in flexible dieting and at the moment I'm bulking for the majority of this year with a small cut in summer as I look to step on stage next year again.

I first heard about this pre-workout through Michael Matthews author of Bigger Leaner Stronger. Under his supplement company Legion Athletics, Pulse was born. I've been following Mike's work closely the last couple years and Pulse has been a staple for me since last year.

I discovered SR through foru...
----Introduction----

I discovered SR through forums and websites like PricePlow and Stack3d and I wanted to share my review on Legion Pulse because, in my mind, it's a phenomenal pre-workout. Plain and simple you get what you pay for. Total transparency and clinically effective dosages, Pulse is not your average pre-workout ladies and gentlemen.

----Ingredient Profile----
I'm going to list my favorite ingredients of Pulse, keep in mind these are based on per serving.

Citrulline malate - 8g (I can't name another pre-workout with 8g)
Beta-alanine - 4.8g (studies say 4-10g of beta alanine shown to be clinically effective)
Ornithine - 2.2g (benefits include reducing fatigue, lipid oxidation, growth hormone production)
Caffeine - 350mg

Quickly summarizing the ingredient profile, 8g of citrulline malate and 4.8g of beta-alanine per serving is WOW. At half a serving (one scoop) this pre-workout still beats out many pre-workouts on the market. Pulse is no joke. 9.5/10

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Taste
For being naturally sweetened, Pulse tastes pretty good. I'll add some flavors are better than others. Watermelon 8/10.

Mixability
This could be better. I'll usually run into some tiny bits that don't mix well. 7/10

Upon first taking Pulse, I started with one scoop and raised my tolerance to two scoops. Two does the job. 8.5/10

----Effectiveness----
Thanks to the 4.8g of beta-alanine, I can feel paresthesia (pins and needles effect) take over my body within minutes of taking Pulse. I've felt it in weird places like my fingers and toes before. I like it most of the time and the feeling alone pumps me up for my workout. While working out, I feel energized, I feel focused unless my mood is off due to lack of sleep or it's just a bad day. I've gotten great pumps especially on my upper body days. I've also gotten some jitters as it does contain a good amount of caffeine. Overall, I feel it when I take it and I feel it when I'm working out. The paresthesia fades, but the energy stays consistent throughout my workouts. 8.5/10

----Value----
A bit pricey, but I can see why given the amount of ingredients that you get with Pulse. It can't be cheap to produce this product by looking at the supplement facts, however you can easily find a coupon code to save 10%. 9/10

----Side Effects----
I've noticed jitters in regard to the caffeine in the product. Paresthesia, or the pin and needles feeling on your skin, is very present when taking Pulse. I personally don't mind it, but some folks do.

----Conclusion----
All in all, Pulse is exactly what you pay for. Clinically effective dosages, many unmatched, no artificial junk, food dyes, or fillers, I have not come across another pre-workout like Pulse. In my eyes, it's a game changer and it's worth every penny.

For more information: https://legionathletics.com/products/supplements/pulse/#product-content
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Focus
  • Great Pump
  • Clinically Effective Dosages
  • Naturally Sweetened
  • Needs Better Mixability

----Introduction----
A little about myself, I'm an NGA pro natural bodybuilder and have been lifting since 2012. I follow flexible dieting and I'm currently bulking as part of my offseason plans as I look to compete once again next year. I first heard about this pre-workout through Stack3d.com as it took the title of pre-workout of the year (2014). Instantly, I was curious so I wanted to know more about what folks actually thought about it, so that's when I discovered SR through forums and websites like priceplow.com. I wanted to share my reviews on Myokem Nitramine simply because it's a dependable pre-workout. I really like the direction of the company and I'm excited to see them grow over time. I plan on doing a review on another favorite pre-workout of mine Pulse by Legion so look out for that as well.

----Ingredient Profile----
I don't have much to say here. All the ingredients in the VasoPlasmic Power Matrix weren't at all alarming in any sense and more so expected them to be there. As for the High Energy Matrix, I raised a couple eyebrows. Picamilon seemed to be the most interesting as it's now banned not entirely sure why either so who knows. Overall, I hate that it's part prop blend, but at least the caffeine amount was disclosed. Solid. 8/10

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Taste
Excellent taste. I really enjoyed the Dragon Fruit flavor. It doesn't taste chalky like some other pres and that alone makes a huge difference. 9/10

Mixability
No complaints here. 9/10

One heaping scoop works, but a scoop and a half to two scoops is more ideal, especially to get some of those clinically effective dosages (beta-alanine) 7.5/10

----Effectiveness----
Dosing will relate to the effectiveness, but personally I have to say that a heaping scoop is working for me at the moment, in the past two scoops has been a bit too much for me. I would admit it begins to phase out for me on the final third on my longer workouts that last over an hour, but it performs as expected for my shorter workouts. I've noticed extreme focus with this product and feel it every time I take it. I've achieved some great pumps while taking Nitramine, especially if my mood is where it needs to be. I didn't feel any jitters at any point which was great. I really like that it is a relatively low stim product (150mg caffeine per scoop), but it still produces like high stim product. 8.5/10

----Value----
I was able to find it under a great deal, but that's most likely due to it being the old formula. The new formula (post-picamilon) is right up there with the standard market pricing. Solid 7.5/10

----Side Effects----
I can't say that I've noticed any side effects from taking Nitramine.

----Conclusion----
In summary, Nitramine is a great pre-workout. It's not the hardest hitting, if that's what you're looking for, but I would still place it in that top echelon of pres because even being low stim, it's very effective. Again, everyone is different and everyone will respond to it differently. I noticed significant focus, great pumps, and lots of energy. For me, it delivered.
 Pros: