dedios

• Reputation is somewhat low. (+36)
  • Member has been active for 1 year, and was last online 2 weeks ago
  • Member has only posted 3 reviews
  • Low community participation
  • Linked social media account

Reviews by dedios

What's up SR? I wanted to review Core ISO by Core Nutritionals for those who ever considered this product, but didn't quite commit. I used this product as a post-workout, but also used it in my breakfast, it goes perfect with oats!

(Note: SR admins you might want to fix the product name so it matches your naming convention - apologies)

Cold-Processed Microfiltered Non-GMO Whey Protein Isolate - 23g
Others ingredients: cocoa, natural flavors, xanthan gum, sucralose

Taste
Immediately the first thing that stu...

Cold-Processed Microfiltered Non-GMO Whey Protein Isolate - 23g
Others ingredients: cocoa, natural flavors, xanthan gum, sucralose

Taste
Immediately the first thing that stuck out to me was the amazing flavor. I've mixed a lot of different protein brands with my oatmeal for breakfast, but Core ISO hands downs was the best I've ever had. For flavor, I've only had the privilege of indulging on Chocolate Decadence, but my mouth waters for Peanut Butter Toffee, Chocolate Peppermint Bark, which are some of the other flavors available.
Chocolate Decadence 10/10

Mixability
It had good mixability when mixing with water for a post workout shake. Mixing with milk, like almond milk or Fairlife chocolate milk in blending in a Nutri-Bullet, I noticed that the texture ended up getting thick, almost like a sludge or pudding, so if you're looking for an alternative to a shake definitely try this, dropping an ice cube or two might help even more.

One scoop (28.4g) per serving is 25g protein, 1g fat, and 1g carbs. The remaining 1.4g comes from the other ingredients listed on the product label which are listed above.

I used Core ISO predominately in my breakfast mixed with oats, but also in a stand alone post workout shake. On heavy training days, I would opt for a post-workout shake instead of mixing Core ISO on my oats to make the most of my servings, but I did have it with breakfast also before because the flavor is one of the best. Normally, I would add creatine to my post-workout shake and I felt this aided in my recovery, but again I was also doing a lot of things right like stretching, drinking lots of water and also getting adequate sleep. I'm positive that without Core ISO, my recovery would have been impacted.

It's not the cheapest, as expected. High quality, whey protein isolate is never cheap, but it's affordable. At $59.99 you can purchase a 3 lb container with 48 servings which comes out to be $1.25 per serving. If you average about a scoop a day, this product will easily last you longer than a month so you can look at it that way or shop for the best deal available so you can purchase multiple tubs. Core Nutritionals is very good about offering promotions and weekly deals as of lately, so keep an eye out for those if you're still on the fence. Keep in mind, this product is a whey protein isolate that is non-GMO, non-instantiated, non-soy, and contains no artificial coloring or flavoring, meaning you'll feel good when you drink it because all the ingredients are transparent. No trickery when it comes to Core Nutritionals. 8/10

Side Effects

Are protein farts considered side effects? Those on occasion, but that could also have been my food choices.

Conclusion

All in all, Core ISO is a solid whey protein isolate that is non-GMO, non-instantiated, non-soy, and contains no artificial coloring or flavoring. Four tasty options to choose from (can only vouch for Chocolate Decandance) and above all a transparent label. Overall, this is definitely one of the best tasting whey protein isolates I've ever supplemented with, but not the most budget friendly, yet it stands out from the rest of the pack. You get what you pay for with Core ISO, no doubt.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Transparent Label
  • Tasty
  • High Quality
  • Pricey

As I stated in my first review, I'm an NGA pro natural bodybuilder and have been lifting since 2012. I'm a huge believer in flexible dieting and at the moment I'm bulking for the majority of this year with a small cut in summer as I look to step on stage next year again.

I first heard about this pre-workout through Michael Matthews author of Bigger Leaner Stronger. Under his supplement company Legion Athletics, Pulse was born. I've been following Mike's work closely the last couple years and Pulse has been a staple for me since last year.

I discovered SR through foru...

I discovered SR through forums and websites like PricePlow and Stack3d and I wanted to share my review on Legion Pulse because, in my mind, it's a phenomenal pre-workout. Plain and simple you get what you pay for. Total transparency and clinically effective dosages, Pulse is not your average pre-workout ladies and gentlemen.

I'm going to list my favorite ingredients of Pulse, keep in mind these are based on per serving.

Citrulline malate - 8g (I can't name another pre-workout with 8g)
Beta-alanine - 4.8g (studies say 4-10g of beta alanine shown to be clinically effective)
Ornithine - 2.2g (benefits include reducing fatigue, lipid oxidation, growth hormone production)
Caffeine - 350mg

Quickly summarizing the ingredient profile, 8g of citrulline malate and 4.8g of beta-alanine per serving is WOW. At half a serving (one scoop) this pre-workout still beats out many pre-workouts on the market. Pulse is no joke. 9.5/10

Taste
For being naturally sweetened, Pulse tastes pretty good. I'll add some flavors are better than others. Watermelon 8/10.

Mixability
This could be better. I'll usually run into some tiny bits that don't mix well. 7/10

Upon first taking Pulse, I started with one scoop and raised my tolerance to two scoops. Two does the job. 8.5/10

Thanks to the 4.8g of beta-alanine, I can feel paresthesia (pins and needles effect) take over my body within minutes of taking Pulse. I've felt it in weird places like my fingers and toes before. I like it most of the time and the feeling alone pumps me up for my workout. While working out, I feel energized, I feel focused unless my mood is off due to lack of sleep or it's just a bad day. I've gotten great pumps especially on my upper body days. I've also gotten some jitters as it does contain a good amount of caffeine. Overall, I feel it when I take it and I feel it when I'm working out. The paresthesia fades, but the energy stays consistent throughout my workouts. 8.5/10

A bit pricey, but I can see why given the amount of ingredients that you get with Pulse. It can't be cheap to produce this product by looking at the supplement facts, however you can easily find a coupon code to save 10%. 9/10

Side Effects

I've noticed jitters in regard to the caffeine in the product. Paresthesia, or the pin and needles feeling on your skin, is very present when taking Pulse. I personally don't mind it, but some folks do.

Conclusion

All in all, Pulse is exactly what you pay for. Clinically effective dosages, many unmatched, no artificial junk, food dyes, or fillers, I have not come across another pre-workout like Pulse. In my eyes, it's a game changer and it's worth every penny.

For more information: https://legionathletics.com/products/supplements/pulse/#product-content
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Focus
  • Great Pump
  • Clinically Effective Dosages
  • Naturally Sweetened
  • Needs Better Mixability

A little about myself, I'm an NGA pro natural bodybuilder and have been lifting since 2012. I follow flexible dieting and I'm currently bulking as part of my offseason plans as I look to compete once again next year. I first heard about this pre-workout through Stack3d.com as it took the title of pre-workout of the year (2014). Instantly, I was curious so I wanted to know more about what folks actually thought about it, so that's when I discovered SR through forums and websites like priceplow.com. I wanted to share my reviews on Myokem Nitramine simply because it's a dependable pre-workout. I really like the direction of the company and I'm excited to see them grow over time. I plan on doing a review on another favorite pre-workout of mine Pulse by Legion so look out for that as well.

I don't have much to say here. All the ingredients in the VasoPlasmic Power Matrix weren't at all alarming in any sense and more so expected them to be there. As for the High Energy Matrix, I raised a couple eyebrows. Picamilon seemed to be the most interesting as it's now banned not entirely sure why either so who knows. Overall, I hate that it's part prop blend, but at least the caffeine amount was disclosed. Solid. 8/10

Taste
Excellent taste. I really enjoyed the Dragon Fruit flavor. It doesn't taste chalky like some other pres and that alone makes a huge difference. 9/10

No complaints here. 9/10

One heaping scoop works, but a scoop and a half to two scoops is more ideal, especially to get some of those clinically effective dosages (beta-alanine) 7.5/10

Dosing will relate to the effectiveness, but personally I have to say that a heaping scoop is working for me at the moment, in the past two scoops has been a bit too much for me. I would admit it begins to phase out for me on the final third on my longer workouts that last over an hour, but it performs as expected for my shorter workouts. I've noticed extreme focus with this product and feel it every time I take it. I've achieved some great pumps while taking Nitramine, especially if my mood is where it needs to be. I didn't feel any jitters at any point which was great. I really like that it is a relatively low stim product (150mg caffeine per scoop), but it still produces like high stim product. 8.5/10

I was able to find it under a great deal, but that's most likely due to it being the old formula. The new formula (post-picamilon) is right up there with the standard market pricing. Solid 7.5/10

Side Effects

I can't say that I've noticed any side effects from taking Nitramine.

Conclusion

In summary, Nitramine is a great pre-workout. It's not the hardest hitting, if that's what you're looking for, but I would still place it in that top echelon of pres because even being low stim, it's very effective. Again, everyone is different and everyone will respond to it differently. I noticed significant focus, great pumps, and lots of energy. For me, it delivered.
  • Great Pumps