chumpchange

• Reputation is somewhat low. (+34)
  • Was an active member for 2 years, but hasn't been online since September, 2013

Reviews by chumpchange

March 31, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Incredible Mental Stimulation
  • No Crash
  • Tunnel Vision
  • Small Serving Size
  • Seemingly Unlimited Endurance
  • Insane Focus
  • Dry Mouth
  • Dry Throat
  • Awful Sleep
  • Awkward Aftertaste
  • No Beta-alanine
  • Loss Of Quality Of Sleep
  • Crazy Ass Dreams Bro
Finally posting my review on Craze. went through a tub towards the end of last year with some mixed results. alot of the things people rave about it were true for me; no jitters, very alert, focused, etc. i also experienced most of the side effects; weird dreams, mild depression, and cotton mouth. this is a hard one to review because what it does well, it does really well, but the side effects may not be worth it for you.

-taste 3.4/10

-taste 3.4/10
went with the grape. bad mistake. i have heard since that grape is easily the worst flavor so if you are going to try this, get anything else besides grape. half way through the tub i started watering it down more and adding some mio to try and mask the flavor a bit. that helped some.

-effectiveness 7.6/10
this was hard for me to put a number on. some of the things you get/feel from other pwo's/stimulants you don't get with craze. you do get a distinct sense of alertness/tunnel vision that is hard to describe. i also noticed the effects later in my workout more than at the start of it. i also do not remember ever experiencing a crash with this pwo so if you workout in the AM before work that might be a big plus. no beta alanine tingling though, but beta alanine is such a cheap supplement, just buy your own and add a couple grams yourself if you want BA.

-side effects 4.3/10
so yeah here they are...

*cotton mouth
i would get cotton mouth every single time i drank craze, wan't ubareable or anything, just made sure i drank plenty of water and it would pass. not sure if that is directly from the flavoring or if it's from something else.

*dreams
i had heard people mentioning this when i was reading reviews early on and it was very true for me. TMW said in their video review keith had a dream of "spotted cats eating people" or something like that. that sounds about right. i had a dream i was driving on the interstate and everyone was getting sucked up by tornadoes. then another night i had a dream that the virus from 28 days later got out and people's heads were exploding. i'm telling you, it's funny to talk about but you will have some seriously messed up dreams. you've been warned

*depression
this one wasn't too bad for me actually, but alot of people say they experience an increase in depression while taking craze. having those weird dreams might fall into the same category though so if you have any history of depression you should probably stay away.

not knocking the side effects too low, only because the depression wasn;t too bad for me and that one seems like it would be the most serious. the cotton mouth was a pain but like i said, drinking a ton of water helps keep this at bay.

-value 7.6/10
it's not really cheap, but not any more expensive than most other PWO's out there. i think i paid around 30$ at the time.

OVERALL: 6.9/10

if it weren't for some of the side effects, and maybe a slightly lower price point, as well as a flavor other than grape, i might have scored this higher.

March 30, 2013

• Profile For The Money
  • Good Using Fruit
  • Taste You Hafta Get Used To
  • Vanilla Better Than Chocolate
this has been my protein of choice for long time now. very good all around protein. good profile, decent taste, no stomach aches, mixes better than other cheap proteins, and even the container being a bag instead of a tub is great for saving space in a pantry.

-taste 6.8/10
only 2 flavors i know of, chocolate and vanilla. never had the chocolate and the vanilla tastes decent with skim milk. i usually have mine with some fiber one or cheerios post workout.

-profile 7.7/10

-taste 6.8/10

-profile 7.7/10
again the chocolate might be different, but the vanilla is low fat, low carb, and high protein. serving size is 36g with 27g of protein, 2.5g of fat and 3g of carbs. not the best, but still very good.

-value 8.9/10
this is where it shines. i pay 45$ for a 6lb at costco. that's comparable to most 4lb tubs. there are plenty of other cheap protein powders out there, but in my experience they all either taste like crap, mix very poorly, or have a less than stellar profile. this stuff has been none of these for me. i also don't experience the occasional stomach aches i get with other cheap proteins.

OVERALL: 7.8/10

February 11, 2012

• A Solid Weight Gainer
  • Good Blend
  • Misleading Claims On Bottle
The second gainer I have tried. one tub lasted me about 2 weeks. on my second one now.

iv'e only had cinnabun and because i liked it so much the first time, i had to get it again. normally i don't consider taste too important since results take priority, but since you're going to be having 6-8 scoops of this stuff a day, taste might be important.

mixed very well. much, much better than serious mass by ON. for serious mass i had to use a blender every time which got kind of annoying, made a mess, etc. up your mass is a much finer powder and dissolved a lot quicker.

results: did what...

results: did what it advertised. put on weight. most days i'll consume 4000-4200 calories and 300-400g of protein a day during my bulk. that is just not something i could do without a gainer. i've put on 10-12 lbs in a little over 4 weeks. the tub advertises 16lbs of "rock hard muscle" but whatever, i'm happy. looking in the mirror my shoulders and arms are noticeably larger.

38$ for a tub at vitamin shoppe. one tub lasts me 2 weeks.

i haven't had too many gainers so i can't compare it to a whole lot, but i am very happy so far and hope the second half of my bulk goes as well as the first.

June 29, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Very Effective
  • No Fillers
  • Clean Feeling Of Energy
  • Quality/price Ratio
  • A Lot Better Focus
  • Awesome Price
  • Big Pumps
  • Unreal Energy
  • Assess Your Tolerance
Taste: 5/10
The flavor I had was tropical punch. I picked it because it sounded like it would taste good. It didn't. It tastes like a watered down, children's cough syrup. If you are looking for a pre workout supp for how it tastes though, well, maybe try something from MuscleTech.
Taste: 5/10
Holy crap. I'm going to have a tough time trying something else next time I cycle on. 4 weeks in I was still only taking 2 scoops and getting incredible energy, and pumps. On my last legs and back day I knocked out 15 pullups in the middle of my workout. 13 used to be my max maybe 3 months ago. The amount of energy I had that far into my workout, to do that many pull ups, for me at least, was out of this world. No sugary jittery shakes or any of that nonsense. Word to the wise though, I worked out later in the afternoon my first week on with this, around 5 or so, and I couldn't fall asleep until almost 5 am. I always try to take this no later than 1 now.
Do not buy this in a rite aid or cvs. Incredibly over priced just like any other supp in a drug store. Only $22.69 on AllStarHealth.com
Mixability: 8/10
Ill add the water to my blender bottle first, then put in the jack3d. when I finish drinking it, I notice there is still some stuck on the sides and bottom. Not a lot stuck, but still some residue. I just add some more water to the bottle, shake that around to get the rest loose and finish it up.
Tolerance: 9/10
Like I said before, at the 4 week mark I was at 2 scoops, 1 away from the max dose, and was still getting the beta tingles in my fingers, and a little in my ears too. I never needed to go higher than 2 scoops. By comparison, I had some cheap MuscleTech stuff (cytonox I think), and 3 weeks in I was taking the 3 scoops max and barely feeling anything. Cycled off that junk asap so I could get back on something good.
As amazing as this was, I can't give it a 10. The taste was pretty bleh and it didn't mix perfectly. Those are very small nitpicks however. this is arguably the most popular pwo out there and for good reason. If you haven't tried it yet, pick it up your next cycle.

June 23, 2011

• Takes Up Very Little Space
  • More Extensions Than Regular Pullup Bars
  • Rubs Off Paint Of Door
My old pullup bar broke in the middle of using it, and I've had this one for about 2 months now. Paid 30$ at Dick's and most pullup bars are 20$ but what sets this one apart are the wide grip extensions. if you are looking at pullup bars for p90x, this is the one you want, since you'll be doing alot of wide grip pullups. Well worth the extra 10$. pretty easy to assemble. Make sure you use it on door that you dont mind scuffing up with black marks too. I use mine in the basement for that reason.

June 23, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy To Carry
  • Bpa Free
  • Good Sizes
  • It's A Giant Water Bottle!
  • 1 Gallon Cap Is Not Attached
  • 1 Gallon Leaks A Tiny Bit
its a big water bottle. that's really about it. i wanted a 1 gallon water bottle so i wouldn't have to fill it up as much and when i hoped on google, this was the first one that came up. its clear so it's easy to see how much water you have left. it has a milk jug style handle which i like. the one i got has a regular screw top that isn't attached to the bottle, maybe that's only on the half-gallon one? leaks a little too from the top, not alot, just a tiny bit once in awhile. Just dont flip it upside down and you should be fine. all in all, very happy so far. I was tired of having to fill up my water bottle over and over again.

May 26, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • 26g Of Protein
  • Great Taste And Texture
  • 7g Of Sugar And Only 2.5g Of Fat
  • On Product
  • Kind Of Expensive
these things rock. ive tried other bars; Pure Protein, cliff bars, power bars, etc. 26g of protein, 7g of sugar with no sugar alcohols, and 2.5g of fat. got the marshmallow ones and they taste like rice crispie treats with white choclate chips. amazing. they are also not small bars like the Pure Protein ones either. ill have half pre wo and the other half at about half way. if there is one con to these, its that they maybe taste too good and you'll be tempted to eat too many at once. they arent cheap either, paid 28$ for a 12 pack at Vitamin Shoppe.